Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

Side Story: Unknown Magnitude Serial Catastrophe

5 posters

Go down

Side Story: Unknown Magnitude Serial Catastrophe Empty Side Story: Unknown Magnitude Serial Catastrophe

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:18 pm

Academy City is home to many factions, from the dark side at the very depths to the light of Anti-Skill at the very surface. But outside elements are present as well. One among those outside elements is Tsuchimikado Motoharu, a double/triple/etc. agent for the Necessarius, one of the great powers of the magic side outside the city. And just the previous night, they received a coded missive from him, which after being passed through over a dozen ciphers and nearly a hundred languages by Necessarius' most skilled decoders was revealed to be an SOS, disclosing that a certain organization in the science side was up to no good and that he was no longer capable of dealing with them. No means of communication magical or mundane have been able to contact him since. There was no choice to send out a small team of agents into the city to track down Tsuchimikado and discover who had done him in.

As they follow his path from the previous night, what they encounter is no less than a trail of destruction. From seedy underground bars and still-aggravated shop owners to hidden pitfall traps, the chaos they find along the way is indescribable. Someone or something had clearly gone on a rampage. As they trace the incidents back to their originator, they inevitably come into contact with the residents of the city itself, who join their crusade to find the culprits either out of a sense of justice or desire for revenge for the misfortune they had suffered in the aftermath. But at the end of the road,what they find is not the answer to their questions but rather something that they absolutely must not have seen, and in order to return to their daily lives, they no longer have no choice but to follow the incident to its very depths... This street-level adventure promises both comedy and horrific gang violence to all participants, as magic and science cross at last!

This is basically meant to be a relatively simple thread to allow some science and magic side characters to meet up and go on a little adventure. Almost no risk of brutal death! Unless you fuck up. I'm looking for 2~3 science side participants and 2~3 magic side participants, and I'll be giving priority to players and characters who're lacking other threads (especially on the science side of things).

I'm not especially looking to keep things split in half; the gang may split up to look for clues, and they may not start off all stuck together, but we won't be seeing a Curfew Carnival or MissFits type of setup here. So long as you make your choices as such, you can fully expect interaction with any and all of your fellow players. And as described above, this is meant to be a relatively street-level affair, so you need not (necessarily) be a combat expert to survive, as there shall be no black-ops action or Meltdowner lasers to be wary of.

With that said, if you've got the interest of have some questions, you know what to do! Log into that poor seldom-used account of yours and post! Post post post!

Also, note that due to the 'preference for players and characters lacking in threads', expressing interest may not necessarily mean you actually get in. So even if it's full, if you're not particularly overloaded in threads at the moment, do pop in anyway and I'll see what I can do!

WORLD OF SCIENCE
[Kamijou Touko]
[Damion Koyoko]
[Kirishima Haruna]

WORLD OF MAGIC
[Index Librorum Prohibitorum]
[Vita Vesta Caesar*]

*Vita is present primarily as a placeholder to be used if necessary, because at least two magicians being sent from Necessarius is strongly preferred. She may be removed depending on the composition of the final cast.

Last edited by Vita Vesta Caesar on Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:02 pm; edited 7 times in total
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t486-magician-vita-vesta-ca

Back to top Go down

Side Story: Unknown Magnitude Serial Catastrophe Empty Re: Side Story: Unknown Magnitude Serial Catastrophe

Post  Damion Koyoko Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:32 pm

Clearly we need to have the best representation of the Science Side, by picking the brightest minds of our generation. With that said, I'm going to be doing the exact opposite of that and have Koyoko join!

Side Story: Unknown Magnitude Serial Catastrophe Koko_o10
Damion Koyoko
Damion Koyoko
Level 2 Aero Hand

Back to top Go down

Side Story: Unknown Magnitude Serial Catastrophe Empty Re: Side Story: Unknown Magnitude Serial Catastrophe

Post  Aoki Aiko Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:26 pm

Aiko would love to participate, I'm in two threads already right now though so I'll sit out if others want to join.
Aoki Aiko
Aoki Aiko
Level 3 Electron Shell

Back to top Go down

Post  Saito Hirashi Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:51 pm

Munchkin/Hirashi here!

I would love to take part in this adventure as Index. After all, everybody loves themselves some comedy, violence, and potential food once in a while!
Saito Hirashi
Saito Hirashi
Level 2 Kinetic Flux

Back to top Go down

Post  Kirishima Haruna Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:28 pm

Since still not very involved in anything, the friendly neighborhood judgment officer Haruna would like to join the fray unless anyone with more credibility is going to turn in Razz
Kirishima Haruna
Kirishima Haruna
Level 3 Pheromonal Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:11 pm

Sorry Aiko, but Kiri takes priority as a new member and Koyoko is lacking in threads right now. Gotta take care of our threadless members!

And with that, though I'd have loved to have had another magician in our roster, signups for the thread have officially closed! The official OOC will be put up later today, and after RSVPing there and doing some preliminary discussion on the Discord, I will get to work on the opening post.

Thanks for all the interest, and I'll see you when magic and science cross!

Edit: Also, Kiri, it'd be really nice if you get on Discord, but if you can't for whatever reason, PM me on the forum or Chatango and we'll try and work something out.
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t486-magician-vita-vesta-ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down