Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[SS] Project Radio Noise

+9
[OLD] Shirai Kuroko
Mari Illustrious Makinami
Hujisaka Natsumi
Fujiwara Sayuri
Kerri McKinley
Meirin Sakamoto
Haragi Faye
Accelerator
Misaka Mikoto
13 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

[SS] Project Radio Noise - Page 4 Empty Re: [SS] Project Radio Noise

Post  Misaka Mikoto Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:21 pm

"Misaka-san... I really don't know what to say... If you're serious about what you said, then... Project 'Radio Noise' was never abandoned to begin with. The Mass Railgun Production... It's been going on for a while, even today..."

Mikoto felt a chill spread through her heart as Kaede spoke. She quickly gulped down the food in her mouth, her eyes narrowing. Doubt began to crawl across her consciousness again when she saw Kaede’s serious eyes, but she merely huffed defensively.

“Look, I don’t know what kind of prank you’re being paid to pull, but I just know it’s abandoned okay?” She dropped the crepe again onto the plate, folding her arms pridefully and looking at Kaede through half-lidded eyes. “I have my sources.”
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t81-esper-misaka-mikoto

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:17 pm

“Look, I don’t know what kind of prank you’re being paid to pull, but I just know it’s abandoned okay? I have my sources.”

Kaede felt as though she was trying to teach a six year old what was right from wrong. Her palm reached the surface of her forehead as she felt a bit disappointed. She was concerned for the fact that Misaka was being lied to just like she was.

"Misaka-san, I would gain nothing from lying to you. I honestly don't know why you would think someone like me would go through the trouble of finding you just to pull some childish prank?"

Kaede focused on the remaining piece of her Crepe as she bit her lips. Her eyes desperately looked as though they were desperate for the Level 5's trust. If Kaede wouldn't have been able to get Misaka to help her, then she might never be able to find out if the 'sisters' are safe or not. Kaede reorganized her thoughts while narrowing her eyes.

"Look Misaka-san, I'm really concerned for what's going on from behind the scenes within the Project. Whatever your sources said, I'm sure none of them are doing what I do to contribute towards the project that proves that it exists. Believe me or not, I just need your cooperation."

Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t39-esper-haragi-faye

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:47 pm

"Misaka-san, I would gain nothing from lying to you. I honestly don't know why you would think someone like me would go through the trouble of finding you just to pull some childish prank?"

Mikoto remained silent, eyes glued to the crepe before her. Her appetite was suddenly gone, replaced by a sense of dread sitting deep within her stomach.

"Look Misaka-san, I'm really concerned for what's going on from behind the scenes within the Project. Whatever your sources said, I'm sure none of them are doing what I do to contribute towards the project that proves that it exists. Believe me or not, I just need your cooperation."

A storm of emotions suddenly whirled wildly like a tornado. Before she knew it, Mikoto found herself leaping onto her feet.

“I have no reason to believe in anything that you say!”

Kaede’s honestly desperate eyes were boring into her, making her feel ashamed of her outburst. The Tokiwadai girl averted her gaze away, not wanting to believe in what Kaede was implying.

“Just who do you think I am?” she said more softly, “I know my sources are correct because I infiltrated the Seventh Pharmaceutical Research Center myself, to confirm the falsity of those ridiculous rumours!”

She took a deep breath after this confession and steeled herself.

“Why should I trust someone who claims she was involved in such a project anyway?” Mikoto said aggressively.

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:42 am

Kuroko cast a skeptical sideways glance at her red-haired junior.

"And why are you so interested in these cash cards anyway?" She made little show of hiding her pointed accusation. If Meirin was going along she'd best accompany them to keep an eye on her.

"Well, amounts have varied. It's generally been small. About five hundred Yen or so. But some have been nearly ten times that." She declared excitedly. "I made a map of all the recent reports and it looks like there's a blank spot nearby. If anything is going to show u I'd predict it'd be there." The girl opened her school bag to flash a glimpse of a laptop.
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Meirin Sakamoto Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:00 am

Meirin shrugged. "If it's really that little, I don't really see it as being a problem. I've dropped more than 5,000 yen on a few occasions. As for why I'm interested - money is money. A little extra change in my pocket might buy me a bigger lunch."

In that aspect, Meirin was telling the truth - she liked to eat a big lunch, but she didn't have the money in her budget to make it as big as she would have liked. However, she was hiding the part about her wanting more money to spend on video games and manga.
Meirin Sakamoto
Meirin Sakamoto
Level 4 Flash Point

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:27 am

A short while later and the sound of tapping filled the air as Kazari rattled away at her keyboard. Kuroko sat beside her, peering over the girl's shoulder at the screen of the laptop. True to her word, Kazari had been hard at work plotting all recorded incidents of the mysterious bank cards around the city.

She pointed to a noticeable blank spot.

"Nothing's been found around here. That must mean something, right?" She shrugged hopefully.

A few minutes walk found them in the alleyways Kazari had pointed out where voices up ahead caught Kuroko's keen ears. She held up her arm to signal Kazari and Meirin to remain quiet.

"Postponed, huh?" The reedy voice snorted out a half hearted laugh. "Well ain't it just your lucky day?" Accelerator's ghoulishly thin form rocked from foot to foot as he conversed with an unseen figure. "Make the most of it."
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:10 am

*Cue Necessary Music*

“I have no reason to believe in anything that you say!

Just who do you think I am? I know my sources are correct because I infiltrated the Seventh Pharmaceutical Research Center myself, to confirm the falsity of those ridiculous rumours!

Why should I trust someone who claims she was involved in such a project anyway?”

The question she asked hit a nail piercing Kaede's sensitive heart.. She was right. After all, Kaede had been developing exact clone replicas of the Level 5 behind her own back. Why would she trust someone as low as like that?

Tears swelled up from the very ends of her eyelids. Why was she in this project anyway? At first, she only got involved to cover her financial issues so she and her little brother would be able to live a suitable life. However, then after creating the Misaka clones, thinking it was approved by the original herself, she developed bonds with them which had her hope for their future. But now knowing the Original didn't even know about the project's current being, she felt as though they would be using the sisters for something other than what Kaede believed. In other words, Kaede might never know what would have happened to those poor sisters she looked after and cared for.

"Maybe... you're right... Why would you trust someone as low as me... I mean, I helped create the 'sisters' after all... but now even after all this, I probably won't be able to find out what happened to them. Sounds pretty ridiculous to believe, huh? Me, trying to play the big sister role when I don't even have a clue if they didn't even care about me at all... disappearing one by one, never to see them again... I just wish I could've looked after them more during the times I had spent with them... But I guess... there's no telling when that will happen again."

Her nose was stiff, and tears hit the table surface one by one. Her watery eyes directed once again out of despair.

"Please... Misaka Mikoto... I don't think I can turn to anyone else but you.... Help me find out what happened to your 'sisters'... The ones created during Project 'Radio Noise'... The one's I looked after just when they were a small part of your DNA up to now, a young girl like you. Please... Help me find out the true purpose of this twisted Project!"

Last edited by Haragi Faye on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Meirin Sakamoto Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:44 am

"Anyone else hear that, or am I finally hearing voices?" Meirin asked, looking unconcerned. She stepped into the alley. "Heeeeey! I know someone's here!" she called out. "Mind stepping out for a second?"

When she saw that the person she had been calling out to was Accelerator, Meirin froze for a moment; not out of fear, but dislike. She hated Accelerator.
Meirin Sakamoto
Meirin Sakamoto
Level 4 Flash Point

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:04 pm

Alarm spread as Mikoto saw Kaede’s eyes suddenly shine brightly with tears. Perhaps she had been way too harsh… Guilt surfaced but she swallowed against it. What was she supposed to have done in response to such ridiculous notions?! Even so, the feeling worsened as Kaede spoke.

"Maybe... you're right... Why would you trust someone as low as me... I mean, I helped create the 'sisters' after all... but now even after all this, I probably won't be able to find out what happened to them. Sounds pretty ridiculous to believe, huh? Me, trying to play the big sister role when I don't even have a clue if they didn't even care about me at all... disappearing one by one, never to see them again... I just wish I could've looked after them more during the times I had spent with them... But I guess... there's no telling when that will happen again."

Mikoto stared, unable to believe her ears. Kaede sounded as if she were involved in a project that was happening currently. But weren’t they all stopped…? The data she had hacked into… Her breath hitched in her throat as if her windpipe had suddenly constricted. No… It just couldn’t be…

"Please... Misaka Mikoto... I don't think I can turn to anyone else but you.... Help me find out what happened to your 'sisters'... The ones created during Project 'Radio Noise'... The one's I looked after just when they were a small part of your DNA up to now, a young girl like you. Please... Help me find out the true purpose of this twisted Project!"

No… No… It couldn’t be possible. Kaede had it all wrong, she was delusional. Ot it was just a stupid joke, nothing more. A joke that wasn’t even funny. It made Mikoto feel nauseous. Clones? ‘Sisters’? That was just…

Her shoulders shook, fists clenching against the table as she leaned forward in her standing position, eyes shadowed by her bangs.

“What… kind of…” she breathed heavily, and abruptly slammed a hand on the table, rattling the plates upon it. “-SICK joke are you trying to play?!!”

Her lifted head revealed two glittering eyes, brimming with anger. The corners of her lips were drooped into a frown, jaws clenched tightly.

“Clones?! What sort of fool do you take me for?! Those kind of things don’t exist, do you hear me?!”

She stood up to her full height, back straight and glaring at Kaede as she roughly pushed aside the flooding guilt deep within.

“So stop with the sick jokes already. You scientists… I… I’m never trusting scientists again!”

Her final words sounded choked, as if she remembered some bitter memory from a distant past. Mikoto turned around to leave without waiting for a response. At the doorway, she paused briefly as if considering something.

“Thanks for the lunch, I suppose,” she gave a final side glance in Kaede’s direction. Her face was an emotionless mask. “Don’t look for me again.”

With those words, the electromaster left without looking back. The hardly-touched crepes sat quietly on the dining table, already cold.
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:23 am

"Heeeeey! I know someone's here! Mind stepping out for a second?"

Meirin called out and Kuroko slapped her head with frustration. She caught the briefest glimpse of the figure that darted off in the other direction like a startled deer. Kuroko's breath caught in her throat as she thought she recognised the fleeing girl.

"Eh?" Accelerator seemed bemused as he turned towards Meirin's voice. But it was the expression on her face that really caught his eye.

He knew that look well.

"Well? You look like you've got something on your mind, brat." He sneered. "Spit it out." He removed his hands from his pockets, his shoulders sloping forwards in a bestial posture that made the hairs on Kuroko's neck stand up from goosebumps. Kazari cowered behind Meirin, slinking away from the predatory glare of the albino esper.
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Meirin Sakamoto Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:54 am

Meirin waved at Accelerator in greeting. "Yo," she said, completely unafraid. "How ya' doin', Accel'?" she asked. "Having fun? Who were you talkin' to?"
Meirin Sakamoto
Meirin Sakamoto
Level 4 Flash Point

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 am

"Yo, How ya' doin', Accel'? Having fun? Who were you talkin' to?"

Accelerator stared the girl down with a look that couldn't decide whether it wanted to express fury or amusement.

"So you know who I am." He coced his head, thrusting it towards Meirin with the inquisitiveness of a big cat sniffing at an intruder on its territory. As though he were deciding whether to twist her head off where she stood. "The nyou know what I can do to you for asking stupid fucking questions."

Kazari was wringing her hands. Accel? That was definitely what Meirin had called him. Did that mean this boy was Academy City's famed 'strongest level five'? Her chest froze, her breathing becoming shallow and rushed with the cold dread that surged through her veins like icewater.

"The point is, I wasn't talking to you." He pulled away.
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:11 pm

“What… kind of…-SICK joke are you trying to play?!!

Clones?! What sort of fool do you take me for?! Those kind of things don’t exist, do you hear me?!

So stop with the sick jokes already. You scientists… I… I’m never trusting scientists again!

Thanks for the lunch, I suppose.. Don’t look for me again."

Kaede's emotions shattered as she saw Misaka unconvinced even after desperately begging. She still didn't believe in Project "Radio Noise". And to think she might be risking the lives of the clones that were created from the project by running away. Kaede thought she was better than that, she thought the Railgun would have been the one to finally tell her the truth behind all the illusions she herself has been put through. However that wasn't the case.

Witnessing Misaka leaving abruptly without any sign of hesitation, Kaede choked on her words,

"Misaka.... san..... Why?..."

The sound of the door shutting drilled into Kaede's ears to tell her that she was gone. Now that Misaka was gone, who was she going to turn to? The figure of a white haired albino suddenly appeared in her mind.

"Accelerator?"

Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:42 pm

The chilly afternoon found Mikoto walking along the streets, the emotionless mask she had placed on briefly earlier now fully cracked. Her jaws were clenched in frustration, her mind playing Kaede’s words over and over again like a tape recorder. Only a few words played repeatedly in her head like a dull response of an answering machine:

‘It’s a just a joke… It’s a just a joke… It’s a just a joke…’

Before she knew it, Mikoto was standing in a familiar place where a certain vending machine stood. For a moment she simply stared at the red machine, as if wondering how she had even gotten here. Then, realising that she now had the perfect thing to pent her anger out on, she let loose a wild smirk and produced a spinning rounhouse to its side.

“CHASERRR!!!”

A loud clang announced the arrival of a free soda can behind the bottom metal flap. With a swift, practiced movement, she picked it up and opened the can ferociously.

Wordlessly she drank, taking in uncouth, large gulps of the drink. Mikoto could hardly taste it, but the numbing feeling of the cold liquid flowing down inside calmed her somewhat. Goosebumps ran along her arms and she shivered, but she hardly cared about the cold. Anything was better than thinking about…

Scrunching the finished aluminium can angrily, the teenager threw the squashed and twisted metal scrap towards the bin a few meters away. It hit the side with a ringing clang and dropped to the ground. Annoyed, Mikoto let out a huff, glaring at the piece of junk furiously. Then with a small sigh and drooping shoulders, she walked towards the bin, picked up the rubbish and dropped it inside properly with care.

Mikoto flopped down onto a nearby bench, leaning back and staring up at the sky mindlessly.

“Why…?” she murmured, to no one in particular.

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Meirin Sakamoto Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:25 pm

Meirin showed no fear. Instead, she smiled warmly at Accelerator as he left. "'Kay then. See you around," she called out loud enough for him to hear.

As soon as Accelerator was out of earshot, Meirin sighed and let herself drop the act. "Damn, I hate that guy so damn much..." she muttered. "Well, he's gone now. Anyone feel like looking into whatever he was just doing?" Meirin asked Kuroko and Kazari. "If that guy's involved, then it means things are gonna get interesting."
Meirin Sakamoto
Meirin Sakamoto
Level 4 Flash Point

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Pain soared within the mind of a certain spiky dark haired boy, as he slowly marched down the street he usually takes to head home from his classes. He had just come out of a painful makeup class for Physics he had missed two days ago because of the higher ups wanting for him to catch for infiltrators in Academy City. Though his consistent headache seemed like it wasn't worth to go through with that mission. The words that came out of his Physics teachers mouth was even more than the suffering he needed.

As he continued walking, he noticed a Red Vending Machine sitting in the middle of the park nearby. A soft drink would have been perfect to resolve his headache, especially after a physics lecture. As he was approaching the Vending machine, he noticed a familiar girl on the other side, sitting clueless on a bench. Haragi had paused for a second, molding her name into his mind,

"Misaka.... Mikoto?..."

Wasn't this girl with his older sister just a few hours ago? Was she already done speaking with Kaede? Though putting more thought into this would have caused his headache sore more. As he ignored thinking about more, he approached the vending machine while ignoring any eye contact with the Level 5. He took out a 2000 yen bill from his wallet, while eyeing his preference of drink being Cherry Soda. The aftertaste would have been perfect to clear his mind away from all the bullshit he's been through today. As he was about to insert the bill into the machine's slot, he spoke directing his words to the Railgun sitting on the bench beside him,

"You look like you've seen something... disturbing a few moments ago...."

Last edited by Haragi Faye on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:34 pm

"You look like you've seen something... disturbing a few moments ago...."

Misaka tilted her head back down, eyes widening when she realised who it was. Haragi Faye, the brother of Kaede Faye, the one who had seemed rather intense and spoken so weirdly to her as he had left earlier.

‘Maybe it runs in the family…’ Mikoto thought blankly.

Her eyes trailed down to his hand where a 2000 yen bill was held, and a small grin appeared despite herself.

“Heh, if you’re not careful, you might see something disturbing yourself in a few moments time,” Mikoto said confidently, as she suddenly stood up and walked to stand beside him, “that vending machine eats money you know, so unless you want to lose that bill of yours, I suggest you do something like- THIS!”

With the last word, she sent a rough kick to the side of the red machine, causing a can to clatter down. With a prideful smile, Mikoto picked up the soda and offered it to Haragi.

“I’m feeling generous today, so you can have it.”

The label read “Pineapple-berry Splash!”
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:15 pm

“Heh, if you’re not careful, you might see something disturbing yourself in a few moments time.”

Haragi paused as she ended her sentence, tilting his head towards the Level 5, finally making eye contact. "Eh?" Haragi ask in the form of a certain question, 'What are you talking about?' by simply saying a short simple phrase. Misaka had stood up from her solitary position, and approached the Level 4.

"That vending machine eats money you know, so unless you want to lose that bill of yours, I suggest you do something like- THIS!”

A violent kick towards the vending machine was made, which had lifted her skirt from the aftermath. This clearly made it visible for Haragi to see boxers(?) for the short time before her skirt had fell back into it's original state. PLOP! A can had dropped down. Misaka grabbed the can and offered it to the Level 4. It was a soft drink that wasn't Cherry Pop, but labelling "Pineapple-berry Splash!".

“I’m feeling generous today, so you can have it.”

Haragi stood still for a good couple of moments, staring at her blankly with an expressionless face. Just when it was about to get awkward, Haragi finally spoke while grabbing the can from her hands.

"I never knew you level 5s act so recklessly...."

The 2000 yen bill was brought back into his wallet, while continuing his response,

"Plus... the fact that you're wearing boxers makes me think differently of you now..."

His eyes lowered back down to her skirt, directing Misaka to the contents underneath.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:02 am

"I never knew you level 5s act so recklessly...."
"Plus... the fact that you're wearing boxers makes me think differently of you now..."

Mikoto’s eyes followed his gaze down to her skirt and her cheeks immediately flushed crimson.

“Wh-what the hell?!” She spluttered dramatically, “What does the fact that I wear sh-shorts have ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING?!!!”

Angrily, she crossed her arms and glared, cheeks still flaring brightly.

“Hmph! Are you a complete pervert or something?! You met me only an hour ago and that's one of the first things you say?! What, does it run in the family or something?!! Your sister…!”

Mentioning Kaede suddenly sobered her up and she faltered and looked away, lost in thought.
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:08 am

“Wh-what the hell?!

What does the fact that I wear sh-shorts have ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING?!!!”

She was flustered and reacted sensitively over the fact Haragi had pointed out one of her odd traits. Though she continued to speak,

“Hmph! Are you a complete pervert or something?! You met me only an hour ago and that's one of the first things you say?! What, does it run in the family or something?!! Your sister…!”

Her face suddenly turned blank, just as she was before Haragi spoke to her. Did his sister say something to make her upset? Something like that would be likely since she was with his sister and the fact mentioning her brought her down instantly. The Level 4 grinned as he narrowed his eyes towards Misaka.

"Here... you can cool off with this..."

Haragi tossed her the same drink she offered him from the beginning as a sign of concern.

"Hearing you complain is just making my head hurt more.... I'd rather conserve my energy in peace..."

He passed by her focusing his attention towards the nearby bench. While sitting down, he set his school bag near the side and settled in. He shut his eyes closed while crossing his arms and tilting his heads downwards into a more personal relaxing position. This was the way he always preserved and gathered energy for things he deemed necessary to use it for in the future. His mouth opened once more,

"Remember when I said there are Espers that are in the light and those who are in the dark?...
The espers who are affiliated with the dark are those who suffered and carry big burdens... I just don't want to see my sister getting involved with that kind of bullshit... I know how it feels to be like involved in the dark..."
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:46 am

"Here... you can cool off with this..."

“??”

Mikoto only just managed to catch the can with the tips of her fingers, being brought out of her distracted thoughts.

She stared blankly at the can.

"Hearing you complain is just making my head hurt more.... I'd rather conserve my energy in peace..."

Mikoto watched silently as he relaxed into the bench she had been sitting on earlier. She noticed he seemed tired, and less intense than he had been before. She remained standing as he spoke again, holding the soda can quite awkwardly.

"Remember when I said there are Espers that are in the light and those who are in the dark?... The espers who are affiliated with the dark are those who suffered and carry big burdens... I just don't want to see my sister getting involved with that kind of bullshit... I know how it feels to be like involved in the dark..."

Mikoto simply stared for a long moment, a small frown forming between her eyebrows. She remembered clearly what he had said earlier back at the Faye’s residence. Involved in the dark? What was he even talking about?

“Heh…” A small grin began to spread across her lips, smoothing out her knitted brows. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, then placed the hand on her hip as she regarded Haragi with mild amusement.

“What is this? Is today troll-Misaka-Mikoto day or something? It’s true I still don’t know much about you or your sister, but this isn’t some kind of dramatic sci-fi manga you know.”
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:07 pm

“What is this? Is today troll-Misaka-Mikoto day or something? It’s true I still don’t know much about you or your sister, but this isn’t some kind of dramatic sci-fi manga you know.”

Haragi made a long drawn out sigh to relieve the wrongness of Misaka's conclusions.

"That's not where I was getting at.... Baaaka...
I just...."

The level 4 opened his eyes looking at the crystal clear sky, as he conserved his energy. Opening his mouth once more,

"I just wish it was fictional like a dramatic sci-fi manga... but it doesn't work like that in Academy City.... You probably wouldn't understand as much since you don't seem to be one of 'them'... Just know that the higher ups are always hiding something from you... I've found that out the hard way...."

All those regretful he had made in the past, he still needed to compensate for them. Thinking that blindly becoming one of those in the Dark Side was a way of resolution, but in the end he was really just a prisoner of Academy City only for the safety of his sister.

"And because of that... I'm carrying a huge burden...."
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:16 pm

"That's not where I was getting at.... Baaaka... I just...."

Mikoto’s frown returned, irked that she had just been called an idiot.

"I just wish it was fictional like a dramatic sci-fi manga... but it doesn't work like that in Academy City.... You probably wouldn't understand as much since you don't seem to be one of 'them'... Just know that the higher ups are always hiding something from you... I've found that out the hard way.... And because of that... I'm carrying a huge burden...."

His sincerity unnerved her, and she wondered what this “huge burden” might be. But Mikoto knew she had no right to pry and felt that once she knew, she might be sucked into this very ‘darkness’ he was talking about. If it even exists, she quickly reminded herself.

“You’re seriously weird, you know that?” Mikoto scoffed with an amused smile, “you even sound like one of those depressed, self-pitying, guilt-wallowing characters from a fictional drama manga. I think you should-“

Suddenly, she froze, eyes widening.

What the… What is this?!

Her head whipped around to stare at the distance, an unsettled look on her face. Her current conversation with Haragi fled from her mind, leaving only uneasiness behind. From just a small distance away came an EM signal typically emitted by Electromasters. But what was so unusual about this was that it was extremely familiar. No… this was the exact same feeling as her very own power. Her very own electricity…

And it was fast approaching them.

Mikoto’s eyes stared fixed into that distance, her complete focus upon this signal as she tried to work out what kind of trickery this might be. No two Electromaster signals could be the same. Not ever. That had been one of the first truths she had learnt as one.

But then, how did one explain this?

As she stared, a figure appeared from between the trees, silhouetted against the sun. Mikoto felt her knees tremble but her body remained frozen with fear and shock. Her breath stuck in her dry throat. Unable to form a coherent thought she stared silently at the approaching figure with dilated pupils.

Shoulder length brown hair. Brown eyes. Tokiwadai uniform, complete with the white socks and brown shoes. The only thing different about her was the green goggles sitting on top of her head.

Same height. Same body. Same face.

This girl looked exactly like Misaka Mikoto.
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:19 pm

“You’re seriously weird, you know that?"

The girl was amused by Haragi's view of Academy City's Dark Side. She was oblivious to everything that was going on. If she continued like this, she would fall in the same trap Haragi had been imprisoned in for the past 2 years. But why was he concerned of her? He knows very well that he doesn't affiliate with any females too easily. Was it because his sister was happy to be by her side?

Though being called weird was something common. Haragi was the type who tried to avoid all sort of social contact with people he didn't know. But this was just a minor infliction to the amount of suffering he's been through, and even then that amount wouldn't be enough to atone for his regrets. The Electromaster continued,

"You even sound like one of those depressed, self-pitying, guilt-wallowing characters from a fictional drama manga. I think you should-“

The immediate pause left her completely still like stone. She was directing her attention at someone else other than Haragi. The Level 4 wondered what made her paused,

"Is that all?..."

Haragi had finally realized she wasn't paying attention to him anymore. He looked up to see her eyes being directed at a different direction while trembling in fear. Out of curiosity, he forward his eyes towards that direction as well only to see another girl who looked distinctly like the last girl he had just spoken to. That girl looked like Misaka Mikoto herself. Haragi had grinned questionably,

"Is that your sister or something?...."

Judging by the look on the Level 5's face, it doesn't seem like she doesn't exactly feel comfortable staring at her.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 am

As though sensing something, the girl in the park had turned towards Mikoto and Haragi. The gentle breeze blew at her shoulder length hair as she stared at them with a blank eyed expression.

"Apologies. This Misaka was not aware that the original was in the vicinity." The girl stated in soft spoken monotone. "This Misaka lacks the original's electro-perception abilities and was unable to sense you from a distance, says Misaka explaining the situation in detail."

"Well, he's gone now. Anyone feel like looking into whatever he was just doing? If that guy's involved, then it means things are gonna get interesting."

Kuroko had watched the boy from a respectable distance. Unlike Meirin she had no interest in provoking someone like that.

But still, she had to agree with Meirin in this instance.

She nodded.

"I'll see if I can find whoever he was talking to." She said, flickering out of sight onto the rooftops. Kazari stood behind the red-haired girl still, trying her hardest to calm the racing heart that deafened her ears with its thunderous beat.
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next