Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

A Thank you and Farewell to the Community

+5
Hiroshi Saito
Haragi Faye
Mari Illustrious Makinami
Hujisaka Natsumi
Misaka Mikoto
9 posters

Go down

A Thank you and Farewell to the Community Empty A Thank you and Farewell to the Community

Post  Misaka Mikoto Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:13 am

To my fellow ACU members,

They say that all good things must come to an end... And I'm facing the truth of that statement as I prepare my leave from this community. As all of you are well aware, I've had periods of absence from this forum in the past months, and I want to thank all of you for your patience and understanding. A special thank you to Guy, who has probably been overwhelmed with admin/mod work because of my lack of attendance. This year has been a particularly challenging year for me; as my final year in my current university degree, I had been swamped with work and extra activities which I shouldered myself with (but I have absolutely no regrets! Maybe apart from the fact I didn't get to spend as much time on this forum!) Next year marks a new era in my life. I'll be studying medicine, something I've always wanted/ aimed to do. Thus, you might be able to understand why this is so important to me, and why I take it really seriously.

Misaka Mikoto is quite an important character in the Toaru universe, and a character who I have a great connection with personally. I'd be lying if I said it's easy for me to give up the character I'd been rping with for the past year, but in the face of my situation ahead, it's actually a very easy decision for me to make. It would also be terribly unfair of me to hold up a Level 5 character (and hold back the flow of the rp) just because I was unwilling to let go. Therefore, I'm sad to say, I'm officially announcing my leave from the forums.

Regarding my character, I'll be passing Misaka Mikoto (and this account!) into the reliable hands of Natsumi, who has my every confidence. She's a fantastic rper (as you all know) and I'm sure she'll be able to manage the change with great ease. Please help her as much as you can; it's definitely not easy being dumped with a character who has already participated in many threads already! I'll be sending her a timeline of Mikoto's past activities soon, but I'm sure she'll appreciate any kind of support she can get. I'm hoping that this changeover will occur sometime next week-- depending on how comfortable Natsumi feels. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly. :3

That all said, I want to thank you all again for this great community I have been a part of for the past year. It's been really fun rping with you, and I shall miss you all. When I get the time, I'll try to pop into chat now and again to see how everyone's going. All the best! <3 Keep the Toaru spirit going!

Signing out,
Biribiri!
From the "original" Original! ;P
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t81-esper-misaka-mikoto

Back to top Go down

A Thank you and Farewell to the Community Empty Re: A Thank you and Farewell to the Community

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:05 am

It makes me pretty sad, but I wish you luck for your Medicine course and I trust that you'll give it your all, Biribiri (yes, I had to break it lol).

Concerning Misaka, while it is true that I'm going to need adaptation for inheriting a canon character, I'll mention to you all before the change that ultimately I'm going to play out Mikoto slightly different as I see fit. Hopefully I'll still keep her as the Mikoto we all love.

Now I just rendered any statement of making Mikoto act differently without warning pointless.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

A Thank you and Farewell to the Community Empty Re: A Thank you and Farewell to the Community

Post  Mari Illustrious Makinami Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Good luck with your course Misaka. I'm sorry to see you go, but I'm happy to know we'll still be able to talk from time to time! Thanks a lot for your contribution to the forum, and for the help when I first got here. I probably wouldn't have started off very well if you didn't put up with me and my questions, hehe.

Don't worry about the forum, we'll all d our best and everything! I'll be sure to give my all with the forum, and helping out Natsumi whenever she needs it!

Good luck with school Misaka, we'll all miss you, and we're all looking forward to chatting again!
Level 4 Force Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:59 pm

Though it's unfortunate to see you leave considering we both are one of the older members of this community, I hope everything works out for you. I'm a Engineering student so I would understand how much pressure we're both under. So all in all, good luck.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t39-esper-haragi-faye

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiroshi Saito Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:12 am

I am sure that I am not just speaking for myself when i say this but you will be missed. I hope that your studies will go well and that you will be able to achieve your dreams and have fun doing so. best of wishes.
Hiroshi Saito
Hiroshi Saito
Level 0 First Class Volunteer

Back to top Go down

Post  [Old] Index Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:04 am

Haha I originally wrote a wall of texts to send you off with lots of good things to say but thanks to the crappy internet I lost the original wall and writing one at this time will be risky for me and my early shift tomorrow morning.

To condense it down, I wish you good luck with your studies. Medicine of all things haha, you're going to need all the time you can squeeze out and keeping up with the forums would just add unnecessary things on your list of things. With my own internship nearing it's bitter end I'll most likely be in the same shoes starting next year when I'll be back in university doing my final years for graduation mmm.

It's disheartening to hear you're leaving us since we rarely had any time to rp together. I know the both Guy and AU Community will feel the empty spot you're leaving behind because you've been an excellent Mikoto since the start.

As busy as you will be with your studies to come, always know you made some nice friends here and feel free to visit us from time to time if you're ever in need of some small chats.

A Thank you and Farewell to the Community Duet_zpse76554ce
With you gone who will I sing duets with? =S

Thanks Mikoto, you were an awesome irreplaceable Mikoto! Wink

[Old] Index
[Old] Index
Dedicatus545

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyou Rindou Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:44 am

I don't think you and I ever spoke, but my condolences all the same.

Farewell, you magnificent bastard. Enjoy your life to its fullest, and Happy Halloween.
Kyou Rindou
Kyou Rindou
Level 2 Precognition

Back to top Go down

Post  The Biribiri Ghost Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:05 am

Aww... Thank you all for your well wishes! As you would probably be aware by now, I have given the Mikoto account to Natsumi. This account was suggested by Nat so I can sneak back in whenever i have the time and see what awesome rps you guys have been doing. :3 All the best!

The Biribiri Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:16 pm

Well there's not much more to be said that I haven't already. Its sad to see you go, but if it's the right thing for you then I wish you the best. Keep in touch and know that you're always welcome here.

Thanks for all the help and I hope you had fun. You've been a great player and a valued member of the community. Good luck with the course and everything that comes after.
Guy Li
Guy Li
A Certain Mysterious Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down