Guy
Founder

Natsumi
Administrator

Iva

Latest topics
» Pokemon Discussion
by Oda Taichi Today at 3:14 pm

» A Certain Experiment's End (Arc 3 Epilogue)
by Hujisaka Natsumi Yesterday at 10:26 pm

» [SS] Lighting the Fuse
by Guy Li Yesterday at 1:53 am

» [SS] Hazy Silhouette
by Leivinia Birdway Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:11 pm

» [SS] Cold Wool
by Erin Lightheart Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:25 pm

» [SS] Through the Eyes of the Silent Dolls
by Kinoshita Nori Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:05 pm

» [SS] JudgementCon: LoliJustice
by Oda Taichi Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:30 pm

» [SS] Red Fairy
by Furuhashi Gou Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:53 pm

» [SS] Chocolate Fish
by Vita Vesta Caesar Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:02 pm

» [SS] Bi-Polar Opposites Attract Trouble
by Himegami Aisa Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:26 am

Important Topics

Affiliates
Board Rating:

RPG-D PPN Top 50
RolePlayGateway

Affiliated RPs:

Castlevania Inspired Original Fantasy RP The Games

Affiliated RPs (-18):

www.AbaddonCity.com (18+)

A Certain Scientific Experiment (Arc 3 Main Story)

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Certain Scientific Experiment (Arc 3 Main Story)

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:14 am

"Because you openly punched our dormitory's wall and our dorm manager would most likely kill you for that." She sighed after cocking her head sideways in a 'isn't it obvious?' fashion and then calmly questioned him, result of her current weariness. "Who are you looking for? I've never seen you around here and you look fairly... pissed off."

Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:26 pm

"Because you openly punched our dormitory's wall and our dorm manager would most likely kill you for that."

Haragi calmly return to his expressionless state. He ignored the pain that indulged within his bruised knuckles, as he slid them back into his pockets. Even if the Dorm manager did find out, Haragi would simply walk away. After realizing his lack of finding any leads, he couldn't care less if anything else happened. But what questioned Haragi is that why did she approach him without fear? Clearly, the other students tried to avoid interacting with a shady figure like him as much as possible. Maybe this girl was one of the more concerned students out of the bunch. If that was the case, maybe it would be easier speaking to her compared to the ones who feared him.

"Who are you looking for? I've never seen you around here and you look fairly... pissed off."

As he approached her, his unruly glare met her eyes. At this point, he was no more than a few centimeters away from her. If it were someone else watching them, misunderstandings would truly be created. However, no concern was met in Haragi's eyes as he bent over for his mouth to reach her ears.  

"I'm sorry about the wall... but I'm looking for Misaka Mikoto... do you have an idea as to where she is?..."

Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

View user profile http://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t39-esper-haragi-faye

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:37 pm

Though she didn't move back, she frowned as he got closer due to a huge feeling of discomfort.

"It's summer vacations so she isn't likely to be in the dormitory unless her friends or the dorm manager forces her to." Thinking about it, some persons might be looking for her right now, but it was understandable due to the recent events. "Do you need something from her?"

Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:44 am

"It's summer vacations so she isn't likely to be in the dormitory unless her friends or the dorm manager forces her to.
Do you need something from her?"

Upon hearing such disappointing words, Haragi immediately lost interest in her. He had hoped she would at least know something from her, but he had expected too much of her. He sighed, closing his eyes and retracted his head back.

"So you're basically saying you have no clue either, huh...."

Her response was only filled with assumptions. Haragi needed concrete information, not possibilities. He couldn't stay here any longer, otherwise finding Misaka would get only get even more difficult.

"Sorry... but I can't wast-"

~Growl~

He was interrupted by a distinct noise. A familiar noise that had come from the lower portion of his upper body, specifically his famished stomach. He just remembered that he didn't touch anything that was edible since that small meal from a sketchy family restaurant with a certain spiky haired individual last night. He stayed up all night in his sister's hospital room trying to pinpoint all the evidence he had to determine who was behind her sister's injury and the darkness she got involved with but he had not eaten.

In fact, Haragi had been putting in effort as to resolving all kinds of conflicts in the past 3 days, his month round conserved energy wouldn't last forever. The human body could endure so much and his wasn't any different. He had been pushing his limits and he couldn't expect to last long. He took out his small wallet only to see a mere 50 yen bill. His face sunk in depression facing the ground, knowing that 50 yen wasn't even enough to buy a small meal.

He recalled that most of his month's allowance had gone into that stuffed animal he bought Misaka's sister. He still couldn't understand why he felt like that was necessary.

His stomach craved for food once more as it growled. He ignored it for the time being, otherwise the girl in front of him might misunderstand and act her own way. His back turned to face her, and started to walk away.

"My time's running out... I need to talk to Misaka as soon as possible... Sorry for the bother..."

Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi on Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:23 am

"My time's running out... I need to talk to Misaka as soon as possible... Sorry for the bother..."

"You sound like you're starving, but I guess I shouldn't meddle." She went to open the door of the dormitory and turned around to see him leave with a grim expression on her face. "Look wherever you want, but she's probably nowhere to be find around these kind of places."

She entered the dormitory while she muttered to herself and shut the door behind her, quickly going up the stairs leading to her room. Thankfully, there was nobody around, so she could just change her clothes and take her bag before heading for the 6th district.

Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:35 am

"Look wherever you want, but she's probably nowhere to be find around these kind of places."

With that she left in a hurry. Haragi was more or less convinced by now that none of the Tokiwadai students near the dormitory would know where she exactly was. This had only meant something definitely suspicious had been going on behind the scenes with Misaka's lack of presence. If Haragi couldn't find any trace of her soon, then he had felt it would have been too late to get the answers he needed.

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a vibrating motion from within the depths of his pant's pocket. His cell phone indicated that someone was calling. He took out his phone to see the caller ID tag directed towards the name of Juri. Upon seeing this, Haragi immediately answered the call with a steady voice,

"Juri-san? Is something wrong?"

A cheerful voice had responded on the other end,

"Faye-kun? Ah, it feels so nice to talk to you again~"

Haragi let out a small sigh thinking that was all she had to say. Juri was a cheerful and optimistic nurse who Haragi had ran into her when he was rushing to the hospital once he found out his sister was gravely injured. The young woman was actually Kaede's nurse. She was around the same age as his sister who always kept her dark brown hair up coupled with a signature flower petal hair band on the side of her head. However, the thing that guys would typically mainly focus on was her attractive sex appeal from the visible voluptuous curves her 'unique' nurse outfit shows off. Not only that, but her panties would easily been able to be seen due how short her outfit seemed to be.

However in Haragi's case, he wasn't interested in her all in that way.

"... Is that all you called for?..."

Annoyed, Juri responded,

"Rude! I guess you don't want to know about who was with Misaka Mikoto~"

Her cheerful voice filled Haragi's ears, knowing fully well she wouldn't say anything further if he hadn't apologized. Haragi sighed annoyingly,

"... I'm sorry... What did you find out?..."

"Like I was saying! I had to ask for alot of favours to get access to the Security cameras. Thankfully, the security guards are 'old friends' of mine. hehe~"

Haragi didn't feel like asking what she meant by 'old friends' nor did he want to know anymore about them. Juri continued speaking after taking a short breath.

"If you come over by the hospital once your done with whatever it is you're doing, I can show you the footage. But that's not the only thing I found out. Remember how I found it weird how Kaede didn't wake up by the time you came over? I think someone else tampered with her medication."

Haragi eyes boldened as he closely listened to her words. He couldn't believe how someone from the darkness had slipped past him and threatened his sister's life. He hesitated to ask but he needed to know,

"How do you know for sure?... Is she alright?!?..."

"Calm down!~"

Juri paused for a moment for Haragi to maintain his mentality.

"I found another footage from the cameras of another person entering her room was prior to you coming. I couldn't get a good look at him however, he was wearing his hood. It seemed like he was in there for a good 10 minutes or so before leaving. I think he changed the dose she was taking because that would explain why she hasn't woken up yet. But worry not! I took a look at your sister's health and there didn't seem to be any fatal changes. The medication she was receiving seem to have any lethal properties to it either after examining it. I think someone wanted to keep her unconscious for a while longer. I'll keep watching over her more carefully from now though."

A sense of relief calmed Haragi's anxiety.

"... Thanks... I'll be sure to pay you back somehow for doing this..."

"Don't mention it. But jeez! Making me go through all that work... my shoulders are getting stiff because of it. Oh, I got an idea! How about you massage me after all this? You seem like a nice enough boy. I'll prepare a special room for the both of us, hehe!~"

To Haragi, she sounded almost too serious. There was so many things wrong with what she had just said. However, he was indebted to her but to what extent? She could very well be leading him into a trap. But he had no option to decline. He lost either way. He sighed once again to come up with the appropriate response,

"... I'll think about it...."

*Click*

With that, the call disconnected.

His sister was threatened again by the unknown ones in the darkness. He needed to find out who they were and why. If Juri was speaking the truth about the effects of the drug, then someone didn't want her to wake up but they didn't want to kill her either. It could be possible that Kaede knew something that he didn't want anyone else to find out. But wouldn't it have been easier killing her? If she's still alive, then that means they must need her later at some point, but for the time being whoever is planning all this wants her mouth shut for whatever she knew. Something was about to happen that couldn't be revealed to the public eyes of Academy City. Haragi didn't like this one bit.

Another vibration was felt from the palm of his hands.

It was another call.

The caller ID was 'unknown'. Not even a number was listed. Curiosity became of him. If there was neither information then...

"... Hello?..."

He hesitantly answered.

"It's been a while hasn't it, Level 4 Solid Air? fufufufu~"

A familiar voice from the other side was heard. He could recognize it. It was his handler who assigns him missions from the Dark Side. The same woman who gave him the assignment of taking out the enemy magician who infiltrated Academy City. The same woman who reminds him of the scum he is.

"What the fuck do you want?... I have problems of my own to take care of, so leave me alone..."

The woman started to chuckle delightfully, seeming to find this reaction amusing.

"You know I'm your superior and yet you treat me like shit? How do you think that makes me feel?"

Haragi scoffed, while responding,

"You guys have been making me suffer for having me take care of the higher up's dirty work... What gives you the right to say that?..."

The woman chuckled even more,

"You have bark but no bite, boy. Knowing fully well you're on a tight leash with us, you wouldn't dare to try spark something. Keep your mouth where it should be, in the fucking gutter. Otherwise, you might lose your chance to protect those you hold dear."

The boy had growled in response, but she was right. He was handed over to the dark side when he was 14 and for the past 2 years he had been forced to work with them. However his situation wasn't completely disadvantageous. The ones working in the Dark Side mentioned about a third party possibly being at work on the day of the incident that changed his life. If he kept working for them, they implied determining if their claim was true or not. So he had hoped for that day to come.

"Look I'm not here to argue with you. I do have an assign-"

"Not interested...."

He immediately declined knowing well he couldn't leave the mysterious darkness his sister had gotten herself involved with.

"Come on. You didn't even let me finish speaking. Look, at least hear me out. I win either way if you accept or not since the client already paid me. I would feel sorry for his money to go to waste without me even telling you what it's about."

The boy sighed once again in annoyance turning this to a repeated sequence.

"Go on..."

"Fufufufu~ Good boy. Now, the client anonymously sent out this specific request. So it's quite possible whoever this person is is interested in you. So it may very well be a trap if you go through this, who knows? But not my problem, its up to you. Now then, the request involves protecting a research facility from a crazed esper who has been destroying similar facilities recently. And guess who this esper is?"

Everything up to this point, Haragi had been losing interest since this had nothing to do with him. But the one name immensely peaked his curiosity. The woman spoke,

"Misaka Mikoto. The Level 5 Railgun. Now, I won't even blame you if you decline."

The very individual he had been looking for he could now confirm has been involved with the darkness. He now had an opportunity to gain information. Haragi, perplexed and infuriated, spoke in a disturbed tone,

"No please... Go on...."

Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:13 pm

A few hours later.

"Thank you very much, we hope to see you again."

Thanks to the credit cards Nunotaba Shinobu left around, Mikoto bought clothing as she could not stay in that recognisable uniform of hers for much longer, and proceeded to rent a hotel room.

One could question why would someone ever think of renting a hotel room just to change clothes, but at the same time she needed to stay away from anyone she knew until the experiments stopped, so for the time being she'd stay there.

It seemed that a while earlier, the researchers had noticed she was the one hacking them. As a result, she was stopped from doing any further hacking.

On the good side, she managed to get rid of most facilities involved in the experiment, and there were only nine remaining. On the less positive side, this meant that she had to continue the raids physically. She was already planning on destroying the material instead of just destroying the facilities, but doing it physically would take her some time.

Unfortunately time was what she lacked. The thought of Accelerator killing more and more Sisters while she was raiding horrified her, she had to stop the experiments before even more slaughtering occurred...

Looking at a map spread on the bed along with many other kind of papers, she took a look at the facilities to choose which one would go down first. Her first choice landed on the Duchenne Dystrophy Research Center.

"Heh..." Her smile grew into a smirk as she stood amidst the flames and destroyed equipment. She was going to stop this and protect the Sisters and she'd do anything to achieve that goal.

Spoiler:
"Mikoto speaks"
'Mikoto thinks'

Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

View user profile http://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t81-esper-misaka-mikoto

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Illustrious Makinami on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:01 pm

In a back alley, located in Academy City's 19th District, a small gang of Skill-Out thugs were unconscious and lying on the ground. A lot of them had been the victims of a serious beating, as evidenced by the very visible bruises on their body.

"Well, that was fun." Mari said to herself, as she sat on the edge of a building, looking down at the beaten down men, kicking her legs as she did.

Just a few moments ago, Mari happened to be in the area, looking for a bit of trouble, and thankfully trouble found her. District 19's been in a decline for a while, and had been suffering from a surplus of delinquents constantly fighting with each other, and guarding their territory's, and looking for a fight.

They had found one when they decided to challenge Mari to a fight, hearing about a girl with glasses beating people up, and hoping to take her on, like several other groups.

Unfortunately, their hopes were realized, and Mari was able to trounce them without little effort.

Well, none of them ran away, so I've gotta at least give them an "A" for effort and an "A+" for entertainment. Mari boosted herself up from the ledge she was sitting on and stood up, balancing herself off the edge with her arms spread out.

She had been trying to relieve her boredom for a while, since she didn't have anything else to do. Haragi hadn't given her any real information to her, and the Railgun was who knows where. She didn't really have anyone else to hang out with, so she was kind of depserate to get some work to relieve a bit of her boredom.

And just then,

*Riiiiiiiiiing*

Mari recognized the ringing noise from her cell phone, and reached for her pocket to answer it, still balanced on the ledge.

A smile spread across her face as she saw who it was on her phone, "Hey Mack!"

"Mari, where are you?"

"In a state of severe boredom. Please tell me I've got something to do." Mari stating, as she started to tip to the side, with a very obvious scowl.

"Precisely why I called you." Mari's countenance didn't change just yet. She wasn't sure if the mission would even be that interesting.

"It better not be an escort job, those are annoying in video games, and only more mind-bendingly annoying in real life." Mari continued to tip, and just when it seemed like she'd plummet to the ground,

"Actually, it involves the Railgun." With that, Mari instantly perked up, regaining her balance with ease.

"Really! The Misaka Mikoto?! I'm excited to meet her again, we haven't been properly introduced! So, what am I doing!"

"Well..." Mari's smile faltered a bit,

"Well... what? Don't tell me I'm not gonna fight with her..."

"It's not that, but you should probably come meet me and the others, so we can discuss some specifics... namely the damage she's done, and how that Level 4 Haragi Faye could be a nuisance to us." Mari's smile recovered, and her eyes shined with excitement, knowing that something big was going to go down,

And that she was probably going to have a go at an actual Level 5, and take on the Emo-Fairy at the same time.

"I'm on my way..."

Mari Illustrious Makinami
Level 4 Force Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:37 pm

July 24th
7:23 pm

"So this is the place then?...."

A moped hair young boy had found himself just outside of the closed gates to a sketchy looking building. A research facility to be exact. He reached his cell phone from his pocket to ensure the address was correct, otherwise he'd be in awkward position if he had ended up trespassing an area he wasn't assigned to. But this wasn't the case after he matched the address indicated by his phone.

His head's been spinning for the past couple of hours, he still couldn't believe he hasn't broken down from shocking developments he had discovered that was leaning closer to the truth behind what his older sister had been involved with. Kaede Faye was either directly or indirectly involved with the Dark Side. That he was sure of, but for how long? Her recent behaviour proved this. Coming home late from her part time job or even working overtime. Not only that, but she had brought someone like Misaka Mikoto into their home for some kind of business which he hadn't paid much mind to at the time.

But the worst he learned about Kaede hurt him the most. He found out that Kaede wasn't working part time as a nurse from the hospital from Juri. He brought it up when he had come back from Tokiwadai, but he didn't expect to find out his sister had been lying about her part time job. If she wasn't working as a nurse, where had she been going when she claimed she had gone to 'work'? Why had she been lying to Haragi about this particular matter above all? Haragi had made too many assumptions for suspicions like this to slip by over his head. There was so many questions he wanted to ask her, but he couldn't given her current state.

From what he knew, this could have been very well a trap. His life could be endangered if someone had sought after him unknowingly. He recalled the last moments with Juri before he left the hospital to arrive at his current location.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Faye-kun, you're heading out so soon already?"

Juri, who sat beside the unconscious Kaede Faye, blankly stared at the Level 4 esper who reached for his jacket by the closet hanger.

"Yeah... I've done all I need to do here... thanks to you, I'll be able to continue forward and end this soon..."

Juri was completely out of the loop of what had Haragi been after or why he was desperate to do so. She had no idea of the events surrounding Kaede's injury nor was she initially curious. But after speaking more and more to Haragi, she wanted to know. She wanted to help. She couldn't help but give into her human morals feeling that the boy is about to go do something life threatening.

"End this soon? Don't tell me you're going do something dangerous? Look... I thought I would be able to avoid asking about what's been going on. But if you're risking your life, then that's a different story. Tell me, Faye-kun. Is there something I need to know? I'm sure you're sister wouldn't like you to go off risking your life."

Haragi continued to button his jacket.

"There's no need... for you to get involved... I can't have your life at risk as well... since I already owe you so much... So please... just look after my sister for now... that's my only one desperate request..."

Haragi Faye. He was the most mysterious person Juri had ever met in her life. And yet why did it seem like he was always putting his life at risk. Why was she feeling so curious about a sketchy 16 year old student? She had never been interested in someone else's affairs no matter how sketchy it seemed. In the end, she gave into that curiosity after speaking to him enough when they were both looking after Kaede. She had seen how much he had cared for his sister. How kind he actually was. But she seen how serious he was, and how his eyes reflected those of a murderer. But in truth he was desperate to protect something precious to him. He was like a shell, emotionless on the outside but caring on the inside.

"F-fine... but you just let me know this as your debt to pay back. You'll definitely come back safely... and you'll tell me more about yourself. You'll definitely come back to see your sister alive and well. You'll definitely come back. That's my only. desperate. request."

"Juri-san... what are you-"

Haragi turned around only to be interrupted by her flustered face. He didn't want to comment. He was left expressionless. But this would turn out to be a bothersome if he left without saying anything. Otherwise she wouldn't leave him alone.

"Don't worry... I'll make sure everything turns out the way it should..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He sighed.

"Why did I even bother saying that... I'm just creating more complications..."

He looked at the facility in front of him once again. The woman from the Dark Side who offered him this mission expected him to decline. That was his intention from the beginning given everything else that had been going on. However, after hearing it was to protect a Research Facility from being destroyed by the hands of Misaka Mikoto. The one individual he long sought for. After hearing this, he couldn't decline.

But he raised suspicions of why an opportunity like this came to him. Could it have been a trap like his 'handler' had mentioned or a mere coincidence? His life was very well endangered if his sister was involved with the darkness. But he didn't feel threatened at all since his life being at risk was too common for him.

There was something else Haragi had felt uneasy about. Since his assignments up until now had involved only him, he was unexpectedly assigned with someone else. There was many reasons why he worked solo and it wasn't personal preference. However, as of now, he couldn't care less. His eyes had been only set on Misaka Mikoto.

The Level 5 Railgun was supposedly to attack the facility within the next 2 hours and it didn't seem like his assigned 'partner' was anywhere within the vicinity. He was willing to wait for 10 more minutes before starting the operation.

Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto on Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:11 pm

July 24th, 9:30 P.M.

Her footsteps resonated throughout the deserted building as she walked and analysed the building layout obtained via hacking. The target facility was on the top floor. There was only one facility left to attack after this one, and she was definitely going to end this tonight.

"Things going smoothly would be great, but I'd better not count on it too much..."

But as she walked, she wondered how often did the experiments take place? If more than 9900 Sisters had been killed, then it meant that either the project had been on-going for around 27 years, which was impossible, or that multiple experiments were occurring daily. In that case, how many Sisters had been killed while she was hacking the facilities, and how many more would be killed while she physically attacked the facilities?

Fortunately, the train of thoughts concerning questions that scared her stopped when she arrived at her destination. Now she just had to destroy the equipment just like the previous facility.

Building up an extreme charge in her body, the electricity shot out, arcing to the metal bodied equipment. The electricity raced through the metal to the ground passing through the various delicate components forming completing a circuit and frying them in a puff of blue smoke. A few explosions could be heard as the electricity overloaded the capacitors and destroyed them. Ironically enough, they were here to protect the system from such occurrences.

She smirked and started to walk away once she made sure every single piece of equipment was destroyed. Her job here was done, now she just had to finish off the last facility to end those insane experiments...

Spoiler:
"Mikoto speaks"
'Mikoto thinks'

Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Illustrious Makinami on Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:58 am

"Son of a BITCH!" Mari cursed to herself as she flew through the sky, hopping through the buildings at a breakneck pace.

As she moved, Mari struggled to find Mack's cell phone number in her contacts. She wasn't exactly unfamiliar with multitasking, but using her powers like this and not crushing her cell phone in her hand was pretty annoying. She preferred to keep her power at smashing strength, and normal human strength, not use both at the same time.

Come on, comeon, a bit low-gotta watch the building! m\Mari moved to the side, just brushing by a building, as she headed straight towards a local pedestrian, Why are there still people that I have to avoid at night! Mari quickly leaped over him, back into the air, This should be my the time i can cut loose without having to hurt anyone.

Mari had worked out the information she had with Mack and the other members, and she knew precisely where she stood with Haragi Faye. The Level 4 was her partner against Misaka Mikoto, and both had to stop her from destroying the facility.

There was a catch though.

Apparently Haragi, while normally obedient, was still a bit of a 'wild card' so to speak. Due to the incidents that had been occurring with his sister (that Kaede Faye who both Kyou and Raymond have had to interact with as well) Mari was meant to make sure he didn't go too far.

In other words, she was fighting the Railgun along with her partner, while protecting the Railgun from her partner.

And to think me, the 'Problem Child' is actually being made the watch dog here. What's that say about the Emo-Fairy. mari thought, finally managing to get mack on the line after her constant fiddling.

"Mack, what's going on?! Did you take so long to tell me we were meeting! I got suited up and armed as soon as I got the mesage, what's the situation?!" Mari spoke quickly, changing the direction she was going, leaping off several buildings to adjust her momentum,

"Ah, sorry Mari... hey that rhymes... anyway, things go kind of hectic, some guys got lost on their way, we spent some time looking for them-"

"What?! They-" *Crack* "Woah-oah-oah!" Mari's foot had bumped onto the edge of a building, sending her spinning while she continued forward. Thankfully, despite her original negligence, she was able to regain her balance, and return to the conversation, "What do you mean the were lost! We agreed to meet at the base and then-"

"They're rookies, all of them..." Mari had jus barely kept herself from face-palming herself at her ccurrent strength. Regular strength was fine in this case,

Great, not only do we have to deal with low levels on our team, they're mainly rookies, new guys just getting started... man, I remember all of the times I messed up what I was starting out. Ah, to be a noob again... that'd suck,

"Look, whatever, we can still make it, where are you guys? And where's the Em-I mean, Haragi Faye?! Also, have you set up a perimeter to make sure no one gets attracted in case the fight gets too wild?!" Mari asked each question in rapid succession,

"Well, we're around the back entrance of the facility, Faye is most likely inside the building already, waiting for the Railgun, and, we're trying to set up that perimeter. There about five actual veterans here, including me and Raymond."

Mari sighed to herself , and somehow managed a faint grin "Freakin' perfect," She than spoke directly into the phone "Alright, wait where you are, I'll give you a hand. Make sure that the guys don't even think about making contact with the Railgun if they notice her, got it?"

Mack's monotonous tone almost seemed to have a bit of respect hidden within it, as Mack spoke, "Yes, ma'am."

Mari hung up the phone, and hept going forward,

Hopefully the kids won't mind if I'm a little late to the party,

Mari Illustrious Makinami
Level 4 Force Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:17 am

As Misaka cautiously walked towards the exit, someone from within the darkness grunted with malice. A lifeless voice spoke out.

"Where do you think you're going, Misaka Mikoto?....."

Tiny, faint glints of pure light suddenly surrounded the girl in casual clothing. Light had encircled her, while producing a low buzzing sound as if compressed energy was waiting to explode outward. She was essentially surrounded by tiny ticking time bombs. A shadowy figure from the right side of her had appeared behind one of the stone pillars in the current room of the facility. The darkness had produced the shape of a young boy. His face look as if he had been struck with grief however at the same time no other emotions had been shown. His eyes shined with murderous intent and his smile was long gone. This boy had been trapped within the darkness for long, seeking the path to protect the light. His voice spoke out once more, as he continued to step forward,

"You've been acting on your own suspiciously over the past few days... I thought it would be none of my concern, even when you made Aneki cry..."

His vengeful eyes were completely focused on Misaka, the one individual who he had been relentlessly searching for since he learned harm came his sister's way.

"But before I knew it... Aneki was found gravely injured.... You should know very well about that, wouldn't you?..."

The boy hadn't been afraid that he was confronting the third strongest Level 5 in Academy City, instead his resolve reinforced his fear.

"So... tell me everything you know... otherwise I won't hesitate to kill you..."

His voice conceded. His eyes continued to viciously glare at the prey in front of him.

Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:03 pm

"Where do you think you're going, Misaka Mikoto?....."

Of course, things wouldn't be that easy. She looked in the direction of the source of the voice and, much to her shock, found someone she did not expect to be here.

Why was he here? Did he know she was going to raid this facility? Wasn't he supposed to not be aware of the Level 6 Shift? Had he been hired to stop her?

"I know how it feels to be like involved in the dark..."

She recalled what he had told her the last time they had met, was this what he had meant? But she had no way of making sure, Haragi probably wouldn't just explain his whole story to her even if she asked. Especially not in this situation.

"You've been acting on your own suspiciously over the past few days... I thought it would be none of my concern, even when you made Aneki cry... But before I knew it... Aneki was found gravely injured.... You should know very well about that, wouldn't you?... So... tell me everything you know... otherwise I won't hesitate to kill you..."

But it really didn't seem like he knew about the experiments... Could it be that he had either lied to Kaede, or that Kaede had lied to her? The chances were thin at this point, but she couldn't help doubting.

She sighed to calm down, her promise to Kaede that she wouldn't tell Haragi about the experiments, nor the cause of her injuries, would be broken if she started to rashly question him out of doubt.

"You must care for your sister a lot." She sadly recalled 9982's death, that Kaede had tried so hard to prevent, and ended up in that state as a result. "But I don't know what happened, I only found her injured and unconscious and brought her to the hospital."

Though despite how calmly she answered, she wasn't expecting him to believe her so easily.

Spoiler:
"Mikoto speaks"
'Mikoto thinks'

Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:56 am

"You must care for your sister a lot. But I don't know what happened, I only found her injured and unconscious and brought her to the hospital."

A surge of anger funneled through Haragi's veins upon listening to her empty response. He bit his teeth bare, with his fists clenched. His eyes boldened as he expressed his anger into words.

"Don't fucking bullshit me!...."

One of the faint lit particles from beside her suddenly entered entropy as he let out his anger, increasing the buzzing sound and brightness of the light. A small scale explosion was triggered as a result, being enough to force Misaka to the opposing direction but not actually harming her. It was more of an ultimatum as to what would happen if things didn't go his way. Haragi glared at the cornered girl, expecting a reasonable answer out of her.

"You're not in any position to beat around the bush... especially when everything suspicious thing points towards you..."

Haragi recalled his hours of research of finding information of the cause of his sister's injuries and as to Misaka's suspicious developments.

"... My sister... She was never a nurse to begin with as her part time job occupation.... After recently learning this... I wondered why she had been lying to me over the past 2 years about such a small thing... What was it that she tried so hard to keep me away from?...  So I looked into what she really had been up to...."

His eyes didn't give off any human expression. He just blatantly stared at her.

"... A research scientist... That's what she was working as for the past 2 years.... But even that still didn't explain why she continued to lie about it...

Then she decided to invite you over to our home.... for "work" purposes... Since then she had been acting strangely... after you made her depressed... She came home late until she stopped coming at all...."

He paused for a short moment to cool down his anger.

"Your recent disappearances along with my sister's strange behaviour.. Not only that... but this facility that you destroyed along with the several others all have been research facilities used exclusively for scientists... for what purpose... I hadn't been able to find out... But it's funny that these points all lead back to you... So... you obviously have an idea of what's been going on lately... Now... I'm not going to ask this once more... were you the one that lead the darkness to my sister?..."

His arms crossed, he awaited for Misaka's response.

Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto on Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:09 am

"Kh..."

Mikoto's ear was buzzing slightly, though she wasn't injured.

"Now... I'm not going to ask this once more... were you the one that lead the darkness to my sister?..."

"You seem confident in the fact that I did it, but why would I do that? Does it look like I'm the type of person who'd have fun seeing others fall in darkness?"

"Those particle of lights... I heard that your ability involved wind, but it focuses around Oxygen Free Radicals, am I right?"

While still having her eyes fixed on Haragi's, her serious expression gradually turned into a smirk as she realised what his ability was really about.

"Are you familiar with plasma? It's a high energy gas where electrons are stripped from their atoms, making the gas a super conductor. When the atoms cool down, they are restored to their natural distribution of electrons. Lightning is plasma, and I'm sure you know who I am and what my ability is, so..."

One by one, the particles of light were shot down using electricity bolts. If his ability really focused around Oxygen Free Radicals, at her level, just sending bolts of electricity would be enough to disarm the OFR.

With a menacing tone, she called out to Haragi.

"I'm telling you I don't know what happened to her, but how about you tell me how you found this place?"

Spoiler:
"Mikoto speaks"
'Mikoto thinks'

Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:07 am

Given how dangerous and disadvantageous it would be for Haragi to oppose against a Level 5 Esper, he remained unchanged. His OFR molecules that were set to near entropy state returned to Oxygen Gas due to the electricity Misaka had emitted. And yet, the Level 4 esper's eyes still kept the same deathly glare towards his target.

"You... are the first person to figure out what I actually use to perform my ability.... however it's not surprising coming from a Level 5 Esper... even if you went to the extents of dispelling my ability..."

It was true that Haragi was at a loss if his Solid Air ability and her Electromaster ability were to clash. But the gap between their abilities did not matter. Haragi knew fully well that there were other ways to win a fight where esper abilities only meant a convenience to him.

"But... talk is cheap... whether you tell me the truth or not... I wouldn't know for sure... And for me to give you an answer to your question... especially since its so obvious... then it be a waste of time telling you..."

At the moment, Haragi decided. His eyes stared at the darkness of the ground as he clenched his teeth. Misaka wasn't telling him the truth. So he had to find out himself if she was really the one who involved his sister in the depths of the darkness. After all, it was his duty to prevent those in the darkness from reaching the light. His eyes met with Misaka's face once again, as he took a deep breath.

"Well then...."

That moment, a plethora of faint lit particles spawned around Misaka once more. His hands were grabbing a hold of what seems to be a make shift blade. He entered a samarai stance, with the length of the blade partially blocking his narrow, cold eyesight towards the Level 5.

*Cue neccesary music*

"Show me your resolve... Prove to me that you weren't the who led Aneki to the darkness... Prove to me that defeating you here wouldn't be possible... that your willingness to survive to carry out your actions no matter what it takes drives your resolve... Show me... what the Ace of Tokiwadai can really do!"

As Haragi set his mind to it, harmful explosions emitted throughout the area around Misaka. Even though what Misaka said was true about electricity turning his OFR molecules into natural Oxygen Gas, she cannot prevent the process of molecules entering entropy.  As a result, smoke scattered about engulfing both Haragi and Misaka inside. Misaka's current state was unknown from the explosion, but she definitely wouldn't get taken out something like that when she was sharp enough to dispel his OFR molecules from before.

So Haragi readied his blade to enter close quarters combat. He was still an intermediate when using swords, but he had practice himself from previous experiences whether against enemies or simply from his spare time.

"I've been in the darkness... for longer than you can imagine... My resolve is far greater than yours... For what I've caused in the past... all my regrets... all my sorrow... all that pain I kept holed up inside me... I casted my emotions aside... only for the sake of protecting that precious light!..."

That was when his figure was swiftly launched from behind Misaka's position, ripping through the clouds of smoke. The coordinates of where Misaka was positioned was implanted inside the vector table within his brain from the time she set foot into the facility. All he needed was a reference point and how far she was away from that reference point. Thus regardless of the smoke, Haragi would be able to see through it mentally if that information was determined.  As his sharp crystalline blade readied to cut through right through her, his thoughts focused on his regrets that caused the darkness to consume him.

"So... don't just think that because you're a Level 5,... you can easily overcome my resolve!..."

His figure from within the smoke closed in on her from behind. With his sword in hand, his cold, murderous eyes predicted the opportune time to strike in the next few moments.

Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:55 pm

"Resolve. huh..."

Using her powers, she created an electromagnetic field to pull herself out of Haragi's way, and ran on the wall she landed on, trying to get a three-dimensional image of the room she was in using electromagnetic waves to run to a room where there wasn't any smoke.

If Haragi's sword was still using OFRs, it would be useless against her, as she could easily disarm it using the electricity like earlier with the particles of light. But for that, she needed to see where he was. That, and she also didn't want to spend too much time around here, she had something to do and she couldn't afford to stop now. If there was only one facility remaining, she wasn't going to let Haragi stop her.

At some point after running, she finally spotted a room that didn't seem to have much of the smoke in it. She returned to the ground and prepared her electricity spears to shoot towards Haragi, and also prepared herself to shoot down any particles of light the moment they came up. While she was mainly aiming for Haragi's make-shift sword, she wouldn't be able to completely avoid him.

Spoiler:
"Mikoto speaks"
'Mikoto thinks'

Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:10 am

An ominous voice spoke out as the cautious Misaka kept her surroundings in check. The voice had come from within the depths of the darkness around her.

"You were stuck within my domain... the moment you stepped foot inside here..."

Haragi had known where Misaka had fled to. As long as she breathes, pinpointing her location would be child's play from within his given vicinity. Not only that, Haragi was able to use the cloak of the shadows within the facility to move with stealth. He had a general idea of how the facility was mapped out given his preparation time. Haragi had used these conveniences to the very extent to hunt down the Level 5 esper. Misaka had the ability to return his OFR molecules to Oxygen Gas. As long as she was able to use her electricity in time to each and every of his controlled OFRs, the means of harming her would be impossible. But, fortunately for Haragi, he doesn't need to rely heavily on his own esper ability to win a battle.

Suddenly, a new set of coordinates were inputted into Haragi's internal vector table. At that very same moment, faint glints of OFR molecules appeared before Misaka's eyesight triggering an explosion almost immediately on intentions of completely disabling her only means to see. Not a second too soon, a figure shot itself towards Misaka from within the darkness of the room. A surprise attack from behind, Haragi had his blade ready to brutally sever through the Railgun as his figure rapidly approached her. This time he won't fail to execute his attack while she was distracted.

Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:28 pm

Using the same magnetic pull as earlier, she pulled herself out of the way of Haragi's sword and rammed herself against the wall while rubbing her eyes.

This was starting to annoy her. While she understood his worry for Kaede, she couldn't afford to stay here for much longer, who knows how many of her own Sisters would die by the time she got out of this? She didn't want to tire herself out, but it didn't seem like Haragi would go down without a fight.

Her electricity wildly arced off her. Though she couldn't see where he was, releasing electricity would at least prevent more explosions from occurring, and do something about his sword if he got any closer. This would grant her some protection until her sight returned

Spoiler:
"Mikoto speaks"
'Mikoto thinks'

Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye on Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:23 am

His tongue clicked. Annoyed by how one path to plenty of situations had closed down for him. Mikoto managed to use her powers to pull out to avoid his figure that charged to her general direction. But in actuality, it was only a slight loss. One path of how to execute his next move closing down did not mean the dozens of other approaches were not to consider. In fact, he was only annoyed his most effective approach to more optimal executions of attacks wasn't safe to risk his being for anymore, but yet he had already had his next move planned.

Time had slowed down. He had started to use his crucial conserved energy he had stored up within the past 24 hours. Inside his mind, the current situation relayed throughout his mind. Misaka Mikoto had managed to avoid the last attack, but as a result, temporarily damaged her eyesight. It won't be too long until she recovers, possibly 20-30 more seconds. Not only that, it seemed that she also met more consequences in attempts to avoid his previous attack being that she slammed against the solid wall behind her. Possibly damaging her back to a certain extent, thus reducing her reaction timing due to potential pain. She was cornered against a wall, narrowing down her directions of escape. She appeared to protect herself with electricity, knowing fully well that his OFR molecules wouldn't have been able to last long if her electricity has returned his molecules to its former state. With this information at hand, Haragi knew his next execution of attack. Time continued to flow normally once more.

The darkness still enshrouded his being as if he never left his current position once he came upon the room Misaka had fled to. However the ironic thing is that he had never left his current position to perform any kind of attack. He himself didn't put any physical effort for any close range attacks against the Level 5 Esper. It was just like before as he attempted to attack her previously only for her to end up completely avoiding. But this time, Haragi had more of an opportunity than previous occurrences. He wasn't willing to go easy on her just because she had made herself more vulnerable.

Sound. It was a occurrence that is common within daily life. If such a thing was taken away, it would disrupt the lives of many people in some significant way. However if such a thing become too much of a nuisance, there was a limit to how much the human ears could take in such information before it became similar to a situation without any sound.

The following words muttered from his mouth,

"Memory Allocation <15%>...."

It was more than enough memory within his Personal Reality that allowed him to input the specific coordinates given the size of the room. His Oxygen Free Radicals spawned once more, ready to cause his signature explosions. The strange thing however, it was nowhere near Misaka Mikoto's vicinity. It was at a optimal range where the most damage would be brought in reference to her current position. The faintly lit particles were spawned distributed randomly at different positions at an optimal distance.

His crystalline blade, which was gripped tightly within his left hand, started to dissipate and reform. The structure of his blade changed considerably as Haragi had also put his Personal Reality's focus on what was in his hands given the memory of a structure of another certain weapon. The placement of his OFR molecules had resulted in restructuring his makeshift weapon into a spear. Around 5 meters in length, sharp on the tip of the head. But there was something special about what he currently held. It wasn't the same as any other makeshift weapon he had conjured before he had created his blade previously. He was ready to make his move.

Just as he stepped on thin air, a plethora of explosions enacted severing the room with multiple streamlines of sound. Haragi was unaffected via previous experiences. As for Misaka, his intentions was to cut off both her eyesight, even if temporary, and her hearing. Just as he slid on thin air to his desired position behind the explosions, he re-positioned his left arm, with the tip of the makeshift spear targeting his prey. His eyes narrowed. With his strength that consumed his conserved energy, he hurled the spear forward at an alarming speed masking it's sound behind the explosions and arriving from an direction unknownst to Misaka.

Haragi fully knew that the electricity protecting her would easily dissipate his OFR molecules, especially if his spear was made out of one if it were to attempt to pierce through. But one who thought that would be wrong to a certain extent. Haragi's expectations and intentions led to a plan that involved the use of a secret weapon. And that secret weapon was once held within his bare hands. A weapon that wasn't completely made out of OFR Molecules that was sure to be able to pierce through even electricity.

The secret to this spear was remnants of Oven Dry Wood.

Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:07 am

Mikoto's collision with the wall had kicked up a decent amount of dust. If her sight hadn't been temporarily damaged by Haragi's explosions, she would've had problems seeing detail.

Haragi, being undoubtedly aware of the fact that an direct explosion would have no effect on her due to the electrical field going around her, had triggered multiple explosions that would cause the resulting shock wave to reverberate towards her, most likely as a means of deafening her and ripping her of yet another sense. But the density of the plasma dampened the sound, reducing it from deafening, to loud and uncomfortable, as if someone was screaming next to her.

The combination of attacks to her senses gave her a slight headache, but through her very blurry sight she could see Haragi throwing something. His spear was whistling through the air at great speed, aiming for Mikoto who was trying to adjust her senses while laying against the wall.

It started to decelerate rapidly as it entered the dusty plasma, causing it to yaw violently and rotate onto its side while it barrelled towards Mikoto. The impact felt like someone had jabbed her in the stomach. The impact added to the back pain from being rammed into a wall, it was overall a pretty negative sensation.

It didn't take long for her to regain most of her sight, albeit the remaining blur, and see in front of her. Mikoto managed to see the location that the spear had flown from, giving her a good approximation of where Haragi is. Even if he wasn't at that exact location, attacking him wouldn't be so much a problem at this point.

As these thoughts raced through her mind, Mikoto rained down multiple bolts of electricity on the location the spear had been thrown from. Electricity showered the area spitting up sparks everywhere that caused a quick red afterglow. As result of the massive jolt of electricity in the room, the plasma started to attract nearby sheet metal and metal scraps into the body of the plasma around Mikoto, forming a makeshift shield of sorts to protect herself from other weapons Haragi might have.

The hell-fire of electricity wouldn't be as powerful as it could have been since she was still keeping up the electric field as a means of protection. This method of fighting would soon exhaust her if it persisted for too long, but there was no alternative.

Spoiler:
"Mikoto speaks"
'Mikoto thinks'

Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye on Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:11 am

Success. The spear had managed to break past Misaka's electro-barrier as he previously hypothesized. Wood is a substance that provides high electric resistance which had meant it could be used as a decent counter towards an Electromaster. However, there was a unexpected result along with the attempt to break through her electro barrier. The plasma itself altered the spear's trajectory, changing the spear's method of attack. It had rotated violently in a horizontal motion, ramming the Level 5 onto it's side. The end impact had brought Misaka to a standstill as she herself was slammed against the wall behind her, once again.

Haragi's next plan of action was interrupted as he caught a glimpse of what seemed to be a rampage of electricity from Misaka's general direction. She was using the extents of her personal reality to make this one attack inescapable. As Haragi realized he didn't have time to escape, he didn't have a choice but to take on the next hit head on.

With this in mind, he reached for his pockets grabbing enough pieces of wood and threw them onto the thin air in front of him. His OFR molecules held the wood standstill in the air, forming what seems to be a wall only covering his person. It wasn't stable enough to hold through the whole attack, but he planned to reduce the damage as much as possible so that he'll be able to act afterwards.

As the rage of sparks rushed through, Haragi guarded his face with his arms, criss-crossed. The sound of sheer shrieks of birds were heard as the electricity took on the simple barrier Haragi had made. As expected, the electricity had easily shattered his makeshift barrier, but with a small benefit. It had reduced the amount of electricity that came through by some amount. A stinging pain had entered Haragi's arms, as the electricity burned through his skin. He clenched his teeth withstanding the pain, with his eyes remain unchanged.

*Cue Neccessary Music*

The pain had finally left with his arms burned to an certain extent, his pain was ignored. A stream of blood ran down from the top of his head and over his right eye, however Haragi sense of resolve was indifferent as he glared at Misaka's newly formed electro-barrier. Pieces of various of metal substances were attached. Likely attracted by the magnetism from her Esper ability. But, his next plan of action was unchanged, only interrupted earlier.

Haragi started to speak in a darkened tone.

"Impressive... though I can't begin to imagine what you did... given your persistence... to piss off the higher ups enough for them to force me... to come after you....

He waited for a short moment, while narrowing his eyes.

"However... I'm just getting started...."

As Haragi set his mind to his personal reality, a slight buzzing noise could be heard from underneath Misaka. He accessed the specific subset of OFR molecules stored within his vector table which mapped directly to the an unexpected location that Misaka had yet to notice. Her electro-barrier had stood no chance to defend her given it's position.

It was the spear. An explosion within erupted from beneath her.

What Haragi focused on was the OFR molecules he had planted inside the spear. Like the Trojan Horse, he had managed to infiltrate her authority, striking her at the most opportune moment.

Haragi played his tactics while he made his assumptions. The explosion would catch her off guard, weakening her electro barrier and possibly damaging her to a certain extent.

But he wasn't finished. A figure had launched itself from the darkness beneath the railings of the room. It was charging towards Misaka's side. This attempt was executed twice before, but failed. It was the reason why Haragi did not move a single inch throughout most of the battle and executed attacks from within the shadows. What Haragi had attacked with was a replica of himself. A replica mostly out of wood.

This was one of the many set pieces he had placed in his game of chess when he was given time to prepare along with the pieces of wood he had stored within his person. He didn't need to only rely on his esper ability to be able to exploit Misaka's weak points. He relied on tactics.

As the figure reached within Misaka's vicinity without any interference from her plasma, a buzzing noise was heard once again but this time coming from within the replica. flames had erupted from within engulfing Misaka inside. The flames had strangely was prevented from dispersing outside of Misaka's vicinity only to be forced inside. This was because Haragi had solidified his OFR molecules forming an enclosed crystallized dome that kept the flames occupied inside by the time he had launched his replica.

Now, Haragi had to take down Misaka himself. With her engulfed by the flames, she was vulnerable for a certain amount of time. Her electro-barrier was assumed to be weakened. He can't miss this opportunity. With what remains in his pockets, he took out the pieces of wood and formed another blade with his esper ability. He gripped the handle of the makeshift weapon tightly within his hand.

He heard his heart beat.

*thump*

He stepped on thin air and readied his blade.

*thump*

He felt his body dash forward swiftly.

*thump*

His OFR molecules created an small opening within the fire, separating the flames so he'd be able to strike Misaka's chest head on.

*thump*

He closed in, brought his blade upwards and furiously swung down diagonally.

The end result is what one would think Haragi would desire. But they would be completely wrong.

Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto on Fri May 02, 2014 1:12 pm

"Eh, you sound pretty motivated on your own if you ask me. It doesn't look like anyone's forcing you to do anything at all."

The sudden explosions from underneath her caused her to almost fall over and quickly stagger away from the spear, but it didn't take much time before she recovered her balance. It wasn't enough to disrupt her electro-barrier and her makeshift shields.

She quickly noticed the figure throwing itself at her, and when she realised it was a wooden replica, she sent two of the multiple metal scraps surrounding her towards it. The metal scraps did their job and quickly pushed the replica against a wall faraway from her as it burned, and the metal scraps were pulled back towards her.

Though she didn't forget about Haragi himself, as she noticed him attempting an attack for the third time she rained down more electricity bolts towards him. And the lightning bolts weren't just attacking him.

At the same time, they were also creating ozone.

By breaking down oxygen with her electricity, she could create ozone that would consume his OFRs and make it hard for him to keep using his ability. She would have trouble catching her breath as well but it was definitely worth a shot. If she was using both plasma and ozone to nullify his OFRs then he probably wouldn't be able to fight relying on his ability which would give her an advantage over him.

Spoiler:
"Mikoto speaks"
'Mikoto thinks'

Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleister Crowley on Tue May 13, 2014 11:44 pm

Maybe she was right. Maybe he wasn't being forced into this fight. He wanted her to pay for what she did to his sister after all. That thought drove him onward through the shower of sparks and bolts of electricity that arced across the machinery and metal walkways of the research laboratory.

Haragi's blade swung down as an opening presented itself. She had fallen for his ruse and her attention was disrupted. A split second was all he needed!

The blade fell short as it faded into thin air. He had been paying so much attention to her and the landing of that final, decisive blow that he hadn't noticed her ploy. The shift in the air's makeup, the lack of oxygen to convert and the presence of ozone in its place had neutralised his ability at the crucial moment. He could only look on and brace himself for what was coming as the distance between them closed. He was racing towards one of Academy City's strongest Espers without a weapon.

And if she was even half as merciless as Accelerator...

Aleister Crowley
General Superintendant of Academy City

View user profile http://academycity.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto on Fri May 16, 2014 2:43 am

While still creating ozone to prevent him from trying to bombard her at the last second, the electricity that was scattered around her focused in one spot as it electrocuted Haragi. She held back so it wouldn't kill him, but at the very least it would paralyse and knock him out.

"I didn't do anything to her. I don't care if you're willing to believe it or not. But this is enough proof, isn't it?"

She pulled out a certain arcade coin from her short's back pocket and contemplated it as she talked. Then, she moved back and aimed the coin towards Haragi in a posture that was very familiar to her, but with a grim expression she was rarely seen with.

"Whether you believe in my resolve or believe it's inferior to yours, I don't care either. But if you try to stop me again..."

The coin was flicked.

Though the natural course of action for her in this situation didn't occur, the coin merely found its way back into Mikoto's palm. "...I won't hold back." After making the threat clear, she put the coin back in her pocket and walked off.

Spoiler:
"Mikoto speaks"
'Mikoto thinks'

Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum