Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

False Error (Arc 3 Science Side)

+9
Mugino Shizuri
Fuuka Eto
Tomokota Renavin
Kobayashi Iori
Kihara Kisue
Hiroshi Saito
Kerri McKinley
Guy Li
Hujisaka Natsumi
13 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

False Error (Arc 3 Science Side) Empty False Error (Arc 3 Science Side)

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:44 am

Saturday 24th July, Tokyo, 4:35 A.M.

A trap.

That was the only conclusion the hooded girl could come to. She had been asked to put a halt to a chain of child murders in Tokyo, but soon came to realise that it was a trap after getting surrounded by armed men. She also had an awkward feeling of being observed, yet she still somehow managed to get away with only very few injuries.

Kneeling on the ground, the hooded girl was panting in a dark alleyway with torn apart clothing that had multiple bloodstains, but most of the blood was the blood of other persons. Her dark, hooded cape had lost most of its usefulness and was bloodstained as well.

Just that had made her night way too eventful for her liking. After a while of resting, she forced herself up and hurried to move elsewhere before something else would occur. She didn't want to get involved in anything else, and she already had a report to take care of.

Tokiwadai Middle School, a few hours later.

"Is Li-sensei here?!!!"

Yelled Yuki Ayane as she smashed the door to the staffroom open. Her usually mature appearance and attitude was replaced by the anger that was made frighteningly obvious in both her tone and expression. Most of the other teachers moved backwards, already aware of the problem at hand.

"Okay. Who was it again, Jun? Oh wait no, I get it. It was her, right?"

A random teacher called out to her jokingly, only to dodge an incoming eraser when mentioning about a particular girl. Repeating her question while making sure to stress it out as much as possible, she looked around the room in search of the concerned subject.

"Is. Guy. Ashton. Li. Sensei. Here?"

Last edited by Hujisaka Natsumi on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

False Error (Arc 3 Science Side) Empty Re: False Error (Arc 3 Science Side)

Post  Guy Li Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:27 pm

The teachers continued to exchange curious looks with one another before all eyes came to rest on the small desk in the far corner of the room.

The body slumped over the table was barely moving, his back rising and falling in time with his breathing. His arms sprawled out over the surface and a sudden twitch sent his coffee mug tumbling over the edge.

He was asleep! But then again that was only natural. After all he'd been tirelessly hunting down the missing nun, Index and her abductor for nearly 4 days. And with most of his students on Summer vacation there was nothing stopping him from taking a short nap, right?

Wrong.

Make-up classes weren't common in Tokiwadai, but still a small group of well known troublemakers had become a regular fixture in the school over the Summer months.

"The Devils of Tokiwadai"

That was what the other teachers had called them. Rumour has it they'd managed to drive one substitute to a nervous breakdown. Guy had even overheard his coworkers drawing straws to decide who had to take their make up classes.

He groaned a little, as though sensing the impending doom in his dreams.
Guy Li
Guy Li
A Certain Mysterious Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:58 pm

Jealousy grew in her as she looked and glared at the sleeping teacher. Even though she took care of them during the year, she still had to do it for Summer vacations? How was this Summer vacations, wasn't it Hell instead? God must hate her for some unknown reason if she was the one who had picked the damned straw.

Noticing the tumbling mug of coffee, she quickly grabbed it and chugged it down before loudly putting it down on another desk. She then proceeded at smashing her hands on the desk in an attempt of waking him up, and grabbed him by the collar before even making sure he was awake.

"I am begging you! Those girls are driving me crazy! What did I ever do to them, why do they hate me so much?! Please, I'm begging you!!!!" Nonsense flowed out of her mouth while she shook the poor teacher back and forth, too perturbed to make a coherent request. At some point. she took a deep breath and pulled him towards her. "Please take care of those girls for make-up classes, particularly that one... I need my vacations! I'm going to snap otherwise!"

Hadn't she already snapped anyway...?
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:32 am

He remained silent throughout the shaking and screaming.

"Wait, what were we talking about again?" Guy slurred in a weak yawn. His half opened eyes struggled to focus on the woman who had awoken him so rudely.

Before he knew it the young man was standing in front of a class full of students, fighting to keep his eyes open with every blink.

"Good morning, class." He announced himself with a pathetic looking smile.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:15 pm

(OOC Note: Grey is for unimportant characters, black for player characters and green for NPCs. The first NPC talking is Jun, while the second is Alicia.)

"Good morning, class."

Most of the class rose when he spoke up, but not for the reason students would usually have...

"Teacher Switch! The rumoured teacher is finally here!!! You look really sleepy, but tell us more about you!"

"Ahahahaha, Yuki-sensei finally snapped! But how did she manage to convince Li-sensei to replace her?"

"Who cares, this is going to make attending makeup classes ten times more interesting."

"Li-sensei, are you okay?"

Yelling voices could be heard across the whole class, half-amazed by the fact that someone finally agreed to take care of the class instead of their teacher and half-amazed by the teacher who was already acting so differently from their others. The only girl who wasn't participating in this chaos was at the very back of the class next to a window, sleeping with her head between her arms while slightly trembling and panting.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerri McKinley Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:44 am

"I need to get going right now, duty calls as it were!" Kerri said quickly on the phone, hanging it up on Mari,

Well, that's what I'm saying, but... Kerri ran a hand over his face, I really don't have much of a clue as to what I'm doing.

At the moment, Kerri was laying on his side, on a bench in the middle of a park, receiving a few stares for making such an odd move. While Kerri considered it lazy in terms of weirding people out, he didn't really care. It was done more on a whim than anything.

He was thinking more about the Railgun, Misaka Mikoto.

Kerri had managed to get information about her activities from his old colleagues ... and the very disturbing circumstances tied with them as well.

Railgun, clones, Accelerator, Level 6, and I still have no idea where to find her or even exactly what she's going to do, Kerri sat up on the bench, Based on some mental evaluations in her files, it's unlikely she'll take this lying down, and she's got all of the power to become a serious threat to what's going on... and put herself in danger.

Kerri looks down at his phone,

I haven't gotten a call from the Judgement office recently... I've been calling and checking in every day, but I'll need to actually head in soon...

Kerri decided to stand up and start walking out of the park,

Well, I guess the most I can do is hope that the Railgun makes her move, and does it loud enough for my... work-acquaintances to hear it.

Kerri stated, walking out of the par calmly, not expecting anything at all from the day ahead.
Kerri McKinley
Kerri McKinley
Level 2 Volt Streamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:49 pm

"Li-sensei, are you okay?"

"Yes." Guy did his best to appear composed as he set the register down on the teachers' desk. His hand brushed aside a pot of pens and he sluggishly moved to catch it. "Yes, I'm fine." He repeated unconvincingly as he retrieved the scattered pens.

Their teacher was already looking worse for wear as he propped himself up on the desk and glanced at his notes. After a few moments attempting to decipher the hazy smudges of words through half opened eyes he gave up.

"What am I supposed to be teaching you again?" He asked the class, throwing himself on their mercy.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:25 pm

"Li-sensei, you really don't look okay..." said Alicia as she attempted to calm some of the girls down, but Jun's current inability to ask Guy questions led her to start planning on harassing him after classes instead. Though one of her classmates tried to persuade her to just be 'kind' to him and do it on Monday.

"Look, we're all interested in the sole man of the whole School Garden, but we won't get any concrete answers right now. He doesn't look well enough to answer us so let's just try again when he'll have no excuses to be tired."

"Speaking about people who don't look well..."

The noise had settled down, but didn't come to a halt until someone pointed out the girl who had finally woken up, but looked absolutely terrible. Jun then headed towards her and started poking on her shoulder.

"Natsumi? Natsumi? Natsumi. Natsumi. Na~tsu~mi~. NAAAAAAAAA~TSUUUUUUUUUUUUU~M-... Owwwww.... What was that for, I was just worried!" Despite her perturbed expression, she elbowed Jun in the stomach while making sure to not make it too painful.

"I heard you the first time, the second, the third, the fourth and even the fifth..." She turned towards Guy and looked worriedly at him, before shaking her expression off and calling out to him in a weary voice.

"If you have a hard time reading your notes with those deadly 'I-didn't-sleep-in-a-week' half-opened eyes of yours, English, French, Spanish or Chinese, choose whatever you want."
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:50 pm

"You're one to talk." Guy responded with all the dryness he could muster. "Have you looked in a mirror this morning, kid?" He flicked a small pebble of bunched up paper at Natsumi with the tip of his finger and it bounced off of her head as the young teacher took measured steps towards the board, pen in hand. He took slow, deep breaths, steadying himself.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:10 pm

"Excuse me for having nightmares... Do I look like someone who looks at herself in the mirror often?"

The first part was more of a nearly inaudible grumble to herself than an actual answer. She picked up the bunched up paper and started playing with it as she talked in a louder voice this time.

"I suggest English though, because we have one person here who utterly sucks at English. Right, Jun?"

"..!!"

Jun stared at Natsumi with frightened eyes that asked 'Is this even more payback?', to which Natsumi only looked at and resumed looking at the board without an answer.

(It definitely is!!!)
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerri McKinley Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:59 am

Hiroshi Saito: Level 0, recent graduate of a certain ambiguous high school, and one of Anti-Skill's latest official members.

The newest member of Branch 73, Saito had spent the past few hours preparing himself mentally for what would be his first mission, ready to give it his all, even if it wasn't going to be anything extreme. He had been told by his superior officer about how his mission had changed at the last minute, and he had been ordered to change into less standard gear in the locker room.

Instead of the typical full body Anti-Skill armor, Saito was ordered to wear a lighter version that would fit under his clothing. It made him look bulkier, but otherwise would go unnoticed by most, along with the small firearms he was provided.

Saito admired the six-shooter he held in his hand, observing the craftsmanship of the deadly weapon.

It's hard to believe I'm being trusted with something like this... but I'll be sure to show them they have good reason to trust me. If I fire this carelessly... I could lose the position I've work so hard for. Saito holstered the gun, and put his sweatshirt over it, observing himself in a full body mirror. To the average passerby, he looked like an ordinary person going out for a stroll, as opposed to a member of Anti-Skill.

Saito briskly walked out of the room, and was called over by his superior, "Hiroshi, over here!" and Saito complid quickly, going into an attention stance as soon as he was in front of his boss,

"Suited up?"

"Yes sir."

"Good. Now listen up, here's your first mision. It's nothing complicated, but I don't want to repeat myself because you weren't paying attention, got it rookie" Satio's boss continued without letting him respond, "Just a few minutes ago, there was an explosion reported. Based on the information we recieved, it is believed that someone placed a bomb at the reatr of the bus, bu how it went unnoticed when it was near the seats is unknown."

Saito's boss handed him a few papers, which he wordlessly accepted.

"Your job is to utilize the investigative knowledge you've been taught to learn as much as possible about what happened. A lot of people were injured and there were... several casualties. People want answers, and if you can't get them, it had better not be becase of lapse in your memory, got it"

Saito nodded in response, fully understanding the gravity of the situation, So, this'll be a standard investigation. Standard or not, it's my duty to fnd out who would harm all those innocent peopl. I'll do everything in my power to-

"Oh, one more thing." Saito's superior stated, interru[tping his inner monologue,

"Y-yes sir?"

"Since this situation is a bit... different than normal, and you're just a rookie, I figured it would be best if you got some help. I hope you don't mind, because you don't have the option of saying no."

Saito gave his boss a confused look, "Um... understood sir." Well... so much for relying on 'my power'.

"Good. Now, go the the address listed on those papers I gave you, the scene of the incident will be around there. The area's been taped off from the outside, so be sure to let the ones guarding it know that you're one of us. You'll meet with few members of Judgement, and investigate alongside them. Am I clear?"

"Crystal sir!" I'll make sure that we find out what happened!

"Than you're dismissed!"

"Sir!" Saito than ran off, allowing his boss to make a quick call on his phone,

"Hello... yes, this if branch 73 of Anti-Skill... Is this Konori Mii..? Listen, it's a little last minute, but we need a bit of help..."
Kerri McKinley
Kerri McKinley
Level 2 Volt Streamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:35 pm

Branch 177 of Judgement. Current status: Empty. The only sign of life that was in the room was Konori Mii, currently typing in front of the computer while taking a sip out of her cup of coffee. Kuroko and Uiharu had left early due to their arranged meeting today, and none of the newest members were around today.

Today seemed to be a peaceful Saturday, she would've definitely headed out if she didn't have paperwork to do. The thought of missing out on such an enjoyable day was a very sad one, but she didn't have any time to dwell over it as she was interrupted by the ringing of a phone.

"Hello?... Anti-Skill?... Yes, this is Konori Mii... Last minute help?" She looked around the empty office, slightly sweat-dropping while the Anti-Skill officer explained the situation as she noted. "I understand. I will send someone over right away."

Now the question was, who? Despite having recently received more members in the branch, this room was really as empty as it could get, excluding her presence in it. Where had the three newest members gone to? This situation could only lead her to silently sigh.

She hung up the phone and at the same time, the door opened.

"McKinley-san, perfect timing! I just received a request from Anti-Skill, I need you to head there right now." She pushed the notes containing some informations and the location of the traffic incident in his hands and started pushing him outside. "An Anti-Skill member will be waiting for you there, and will explain everything to you. You're the only one I can send in right now, but if you see Shirai-san, Rindou-san or Yamato-san, please explain the situation to them."

The door was forcibly shut after she had finished pushing Kerri outside, and she then hurried to the phone in an hopeful attempt to contact another member.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerri McKinley Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:22 am

Kerri stood outside of his Judgement Branch building, armband equipped, ready to make his first impression on his boss.

Now how should I do this? He thought, I probably shouldn't do anything crazy on my first day, so... casual? rubbed his head, pondering his action,

He was ignoring the stares he was getting at the moment, focusing on exactly how he should act when he first entered. He wasn't doint anything particularly strange, just standing and looking at the building in front of him... the strange part may just be the fact that he was balancing himself on a fire hydrant.

But other than that, nothing strange,

Okay, There's a good chance that they won't like me no matter what I do because of my appearance, but I might as well stay eccentric so future behavior isn't a total surprise... Kerri balled his right hand into a fist and placed it into his left palm. Okay, that's what I'll go for, eccentric, yeah. Might as well add some energy too it!

Kerri thought excitedly as he leapt onto the sidewalk, pushing past a few people walking in his way. He walked up the stares calmly, containing the mild excitement he felt.

He walked up to the door, and took a moment to compose himself, Alright, I'm finally meeting my new teammates... show time! Kerri walked in to the office, hoping to get the first word in. Sadly, this would not be the case.

"McKinley-san, perfect timing! I just received a request from Anti-Skill, I need you to head there right now." An older girl wearing a school uniform practically jumped up from her desk and shoved several paper's into Kerri's chest, which he quickly grabbed and held together. He recognized the voice as Konori Mii's, the person he spoke to on the phone. Though she seemed to be a bit flustered,

I wonder what's up with her. Before he could ask, he was interrupted yet again as he was given orders and pushed back out the door,

"An Anti-Skill member will be waiting for you there, and will explain everything to you. You're the only one I can send in right now, but if you see Shirai-san, Rindou-san or Yamato-san, please explain the situation to them."

"But I don't even-"

*Slam*

"...know the situation myself..." Kerri sighed, and started skimming through the papers, I could barely say a single word... all that preparation for nothing... let's see... oh, this is interesting. A bus explosion, and I ave to investigate it...? Well, who am I to say 'no' to this? Kerri's more curerent concern popped into his head, As much as I'd like to try looking into that, I have no knowlledge about the Railgun's current situaion... so I need to focus on what I am sure about, which is an explosion that could potentially lead to many other people being harmed. Kerri turned and head out of the building, to where the crime scene was located, as listed in the paper,

Because doing so... is my duty to this city.
Kerri McKinley
Kerri McKinley
Level 2 Volt Streamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiroshi Saito Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:33 pm

Saito started off to the location of the bus explosion. As exciting as his the prospect of having his first case was, Saito was slightly disappointed at the fact that he would have to be working with others. Well what ever gets me up the totem I guess.

If it’s a bomb, chances are it was either detonated remotely or on a timer. In that case….
Saito started to go over some possible avenues of investigation while walking. The thinking made the fifteen minutes pass by pretty quickly, turning a corner onto the correct street, the bus came into view. Detail was hard to make out at distance but it was easy for one to tell that there was extensive damage to the hulking twisted metal shell.
Walking closer, Saito started to notice more and more people crowded around the police lines. There were a few Anti skill personal having to keep people off and out of the investigation scene.

I wonder where my new partner is.

Saito started to search the perimeter of the crowd to see if he could spot any members of judgment. Walking the perimeter a few times, he eventually notices a guy with a judgment banner pinned to his arm. Ah that must be him!

Saito approached the man from behind. “Excuse me, Sir, were you sent from Judgment to help on the investigation?” The Judgment member swung around to meet Saito's gaze.
W-what?! He looks so... empty. This is who they sent me to work with? Well that’s fine I guess. As long as he can put out… maybe he is just tired? I should try to give him the benefit of the doubt. Saito’s obviously puzzled and slightly astonished expression was completely evident.
Hiroshi Saito
Hiroshi Saito
Level 0 First Class Volunteer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:49 pm

It was now 3 P.M and Natsumi was still on a bench in a park of the 6th district, waiting for the person that called her out here. Browsing on her phone to pass time, she felt something very soft and familiar on her leg. It was a kitten, rubbing and biting her leg in an affectionate manner.

"Meow!"

"What are you doing here?" She picked him up and looked at him, originally intending on putting him down on her lap until she heard several cats meowing. At first she didn't really care, but she started to hear even more cats, so she decided to go and see what was going on.

What waited for her there was rather... surprising, in a lot of ways.

"..."
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerri McKinley Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:36 am

Well, this is the place... Kerri noticed a crowd scattered in he middle of the street, and he could see precisely what was reported-he was investigating a bus.

A bus with part of it's back blown out because of an explosion that occurred earlier. As he slipped through the people staring, horrified scene, Kerri started looking around.

I'm apparently meeting one Anti-Skill member here, so I should probably be looking for the armor. It'd probably be someone not on crowd control right now... Kerri looked around the scene, pushing past people crowded around it.

Kerri noticed the extensive damage of the bus, but didn't really get a good look at it. He then noticed a few ambulance cars and assumed some victims were being treated on the scene. He then notices some cloths covering... things that were shaped very much like people.

Well, looks like I won't have to hold back if I find the culprit... or he finds me, whatever happens first. Kerri thought grimly.

He sifted through the crowd, looking around to make sure no one was looking for him in the crowd.

Hopefully he's just at the crime waiting for me, I can't exactly wander around a crime scene to look for him, Kerri stopped as he reached the police tape, and looked behind him quick Dammit, I should have checked outside first he's probably-

“Excuse me, Sir, were you sent from Judgment to help on the investigation?”

Well, here's to making a good impression-for once. Kerri spun around with a wide, toothy grin, and held back a chuckle at his reaction. Kerri noticed the young man's attitude.

"Why hello there, it's nice to meet you. My ame is Kerri McKinley, I tke it you're my Anti-Skill contact, correct?"Huh, casual wear. I wonder what he's got up his sleeve,

Kerri slipped under the Anti-Skill tape and swiftly grabbed the young Anti-Skill officer's had, to give it a firm, quick shape, before speaking quickly,

"The pleasure's all mine! Listen, I know people normally talk and get to know eachother a bit, but I was hoping we cut to some investigating." Kerri noticed the person's wavering expression, and decided to give a proper explanation, "You know, to make sure the evidence is isn't damaged somehow, and making sure to get any info before witnesses forget. If it's not too much trouble could you interview the victims and I'll take care of the crime scene? I'm not exactly the most... comfortable looking." Kerri waited a moment for an answer, and decided that he should at least try being alittle friendly,

Things'll progress faster if I at least pretend to be friendly to this guy. Might as well give it a go.

"Oh, I'm sorry, where are manners! I forgot to ask for your name! Care to tell me?"

Hopefully with this I can start my first official investigation on a good note.
Kerri McKinley
Kerri McKinley
Level 2 Volt Streamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiroshi Saito Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:40 am

"The pleasure's all mine! Listen, I know people normally talk and get to know eachother a bit, but I was hoping we cut to some investigating. You know, to make sure the evidence is isn't damaged somehow, and making sure to get any info before witnesses forget. If it's not too much trouble could you interview the victims and I'll take care of the crime scene? I'm not exactly the most... comfortable looking."

"A-" Saito was cut off as Kerri began to speak up again. "Oh, I'm sorry, where are manners! I forgot to ask for your name! Care to tell me?"

"My name is Saito, Hiraga Saito with Branch 73 of Antiskill, it’s nice to meet you." Saito bows slightly, to show some form of mannerism. "I’ll work on interviewing the witnesses, you go collect evidence and I will report back to you when I'm done."

Saito turned back into the crowd of people, diving in to start the interviews. Most of the interviews Saito had with the collective 23 witnesses was starting to become a monotonous with the, "i may have seen" or the occasional “I think.” Walking up to another witness, Saito started to ask the lady some questions.

"After I got on the bus," the lady started, "I saw a small girl, and she got on then paid her no mind after that." Saito nodded at the lady and jotted down some of the details in his notepad. Saito thanked the women and moved on, collecting more statements.
After a few more statements, Saito had managed to piece together a description of what seemed to be a small girl with violet hair who looked to be around 10 years old.

Saito decided to ask a few of the Antiskill members that were around if they had seen someone fitting this description. None of the Antiskill had, much to his disappointment. Saito decided to tell Kerri, his new partner the description.

After wading through more people, Saito spotted Kerri. "Hey!" Saito shouted, waving at him as to be seen over the crowd to get Kerri's attention. Closing the distance between the two, Saito started "Based on multiple witnesses, I was able to piece together a description of a small girl, violet hair, and she looks to be ten. Does the description ring any bells for you? That’s all I could find, you get anything better?”

Of all things I get the description of a girl, well I hope Kerri got something good or we are stuck...

Last edited by Hiroshi Saito on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hiroshi Saito
Hiroshi Saito
Level 0 First Class Volunteer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:08 am

(BGM: RING RING RING!)

3:55 P.M.

"Parade~ Parade~ Cat parade~"

It was truly a parade of cats. One of them on Natsumi's shoulder, the rest of them following a bag of catnip waving around as an exasperated Natsumi walked. In the midst of that horde of cats stood a little girl, whose expression said that being surrounded by so many cats was akin to being sent to a cat Heaven.

Almost half an hour earlier, 3:30 P.M.

"..."

Eighteen, nineteen, twenty... 20 cats, excluding the one Natsumi was holding, were currently roaming madly around Hisakawa Miyako due to the bag of catnip in her hand. Natsumi looked between the horde of cats and Miyako.

"What the bloody hell are you doing?" She was unsure on what to comment first, the fact that this woman who was not supposed to be in Academy City was right in front of her, or the fact that there were too many cats surrounding her due to the catnip? Why was she walking around with so much catnip anyway? "Don't tell me you want me to do some kind of cat extermination?"

"No, no, no. The reason I called you out here is fairly... more delicate. Let me breathe, will you? Those cats are going mad on me due to the catnip... I'm surprised that cat is laying calmly in your arms." For someone currently attacked by a lot of cats, she looked around in the park in a pretty calm way. Looking for someone amidst the flat greenery, she found herself more than grateful that there weren't that much trees around, or she would've had a hard time locating her target. "Where did that girl go... Iresia!"

The sudden call confused and worried Natsumi, what the hell was she getting involved with? A look of apprehension slowly developed on her face as a whole minute passed before the figure of a child holding catnip and two more cats pursuing the catnip showed up.

4:00 P.M.

In the end, she didn't get the answers to any of the questions she asked, and now she had to drag a dead weight commonly called a "child" through Academy City in search of her elementary school. However...

"I'm hungry!"

It didn't really look like she was motivated to give the necessary effort on her side.

"That's some god-tier subject change right there, Irecat, how is that related to anything I've just said?"

"It's Iresia! I've been saying I'm hungry for the past 10 minutes but you were walking in a straight line while completely ignori- Hey! You're doing it again! Wait for me!"

This was definitely going to be a long, and unfortunate day.

6:30 P.M

Their argument went on and on while Natsumi dragged Iresia to a certain dormitory she was frequently visiting recently.

"I'm hungry! I'm sleepy! When are you going to listen to me?!"

"Are you aware of how much I want to kill you right now? Can't you be grateful I'm taking you somewhere where you will eat, bathe, and sleep?

"Why should I supposed to be grateful?! You've been ignoring me and forcing me to walk around for the past two and a half hours!"

"Because I'm even doing this for you, you shitty brat. We're here."

She pushed Iresia in front of the door and knocked at the door in her stead while desperately wishing that he was here, otherwise there would be a child murder right in this dormitory's corridor.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:52 am

The door swung open just as Natsumi's knuckles rapped against its surface. In the doorway stood a tall young man with disdainful snarl on his lips.

"What do you want?" He narrowed his eyes at Natsumi. He knew that this girl didn't appear without reason and that reason usually involved a headache for him. "Wait!" He held up his hand to cut her off abruptly. "I don't care. I've got a date and I'm not letting you get in my way." He stepped to one side to navigate around Natsumi when he noticed the child with her.

"What's with the kid?" He gestured towards Iresia.

He instantly regretted asking.

Last edited by Guy Li on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:51 pm

"That's some cold attitude towards one of your students. But to answer your question, I don't know why, I received this dead weight and now I need to drag it around Academy City in hopes of her remembering the name of the school, dormitory, or whatever the hell, she lives in." She quickly shot a deadly glare to Iresia, who went to hide behind Guy's legs and stuck her tongue out to Natsumi.

"Except this shitty brat hasn't been helping out at all and has been complaining for the past two hours and I can't bring her back to the dormitory, nor do I want to. I need somewhere to sleep tonight, so... Can we sleep here?"

The reason that she didn't just rent a hotel room, despite the monstrous amount of money she has, was that she didn't want to spend money on Iresia, and by the time she actually thought of a hotel room they were already heading towards the dormitory. Trying to drag Iresia to a hotel now would be one major headache.

That being said, she really wanted to kill Iresia for making her ask a favour to Guy out of all persons.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:50 pm

He didn't need to speak. His expression said more than words ever could. That deadpan look of utter incredulity.

What?

It had been only a few days since Sasha had moved from his apartment and into Tokiwadai's dormitory and the young man was just starting to enjoy the taste of a bachelor's existence again. The prospect of sharing living quarters with not one, but two girls was less than enticing. Especially when one of those girls was Hujisaka Natsumi.

"Out of the question." He folded his arms defiantly.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:07 pm

"Stop looking at me like I've actually asked you out of absolute free will. What makes you think I'd ever want to sleep in the same apartment as you if I didn't have circumstances? I don't particularly have a choice here, you're the only person I know who doesn't live in Tokiwadai's dormitory."

"Unless you're absolutely okay with a child, never mind me, having to deal with the dorm mistress? Are you that horrible?"

"Why do you sound like you're feeling genuinely scared for me now...?"

"It's something you don't want to know about, trust me..."
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerri McKinley Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:03 pm

"My name is Saito, Hiraga Saito with Branch 73 of Antiskill, it’s nice to meet you." Kerri bows in response to Saito, deciding to show a bit of respect towards the young man, "I’ll work on interviewing the witnesses, you go collect evidence and I will report back to you when I'm done."

"Sounds like a plan! I'll take a look at the bus, and see what I can find!" Kerri did an about-face and turned towards the wreckage, and started asking some of the Anti-Skill members there what they knew about it firsthand.

Apparently, the explosion had occurred early morning today, being the obvious cause of the buses current state. A large hole was blown in the back, and when the streaks on the ground were followed, they led ones eye to a patch of destroyed concrete also effected by the explosion.

As it turned out, the buses in Academy City were thoroughly inspected every day, so whatever bomb had gone off was most likely planted after it started running.

"Was there any footage? Maybe someone had a bag that could have housed what caused this explosion." Kerri recalled the buses having a camera in them that recorded whoever went into the bus. Maybe that would lead to something.

Unfortunately, the Anti-Skill officer he was speaking to said otherwise, "I'm afraid there wasn't anything really significant in there, sir. Some people were carrying bags, yes, but that wouldn't lead to anything solid. If there was anything significant, it's probably lost. The memory chip in the camera was cracked, so we could only get limited footage off of it," The officer pulled out a laptop, and opening it up, Fast forwarding through the footage he had, just to be thorough.

Of the footage that was there, Kerri recognized several passengers who got on as those who Saito was interviewing, those who got out injured at least. The one or two he didn't recognize had proportions to match the dead bodies currently covered up, though he'd need to recheck them just to be safe,

Than he saw something unusual,

What's this? One of the next passengers was a bit different from most others because of her size. From what Kerri could gather, this girl was fairly young, with simple fuschia hair. Normally he wouldn't care, but there's one factor that Kerri had noticed,

"Was this girl shipped to the hospital?" Kerri asked the Anti-Skill officer who gave the screen a quizzical look,

"...To the best of my knowledge, no. The ones who weren't in critical condition when we arrived are currently being treated here. I was one of the first to arrive on the scene, along with the ambulance, and I think I'd remember a kid like that." Kerri nodded, and decided to turn towards the bus to get a better view of the place where the esplosion had occured. There were several other Anti-Skill officers there who seemed to be very fascinated with it, and upon closer inspection, Kerri ccould see why.

He hadn't taken any notice of it, assuming it was the reflection of the light, but the metal... was glowing.

Actually shining on a bus that shouldn't hae any power. The Anti-Skill officers were just as confused as he was-it wa as if the metal was somehow retaining the heat in that single location, something that just doesn't make any logical sense,

Well, I guess this is an example of the negative consequences of screwing with science. Kerri thought, wondering what new age bomb could have this effect on something. He decided to feel the metal, but retracted it when he realized that the metal actually felt... hot, he supposed. It was a bit different from excessive heat, and different from getting shocked.

Kerri turned around to see that the concrete where the explosion had occurred was glowing, but the glow was much fainter than it was here.

Kerri decided to take a cursory glance at the injured still here, he took a look at the bodies to be safe, and sure enough, none of them resembled the young girl in the video.

Great, a mystery bomb, and a missing kid. At that, despite what I little I do know about the explosion, there's still the matter of why someone would set off a bomb on a bus in the middle of nowhere. Is it just some sort of random terrorist attack? None of the members of Anti-Skill noted anything about any of the passengers that would give anyone a good reason to blow up a bus just to get to them, so... what-

"Hey!" Kerri heard a shout, and recognized it ashis new partners. Well, since I've hit a dead-end, I might as well seel what this Saito guy has.

"What have you got, man?" Kerri said, walking towards him

"Based on multiple witnesses, I was able to piece together a description of a small girl, violet hair, and she looks to be ten. Does the description ring any bells for you? That’s all I could find, you get anything better?”

Kerri put his hand behind his head, and looked away, "Not much, just..." Kerri went onto explain the strange condition of the bus and concrete where the explosion had occured, and then moved on to go back to Saito's point, "Well, I saw footage of that kid you were mentioning getting onto the bus actually. From what I've gathered, it looks like we've got a missing person on our hands. And since we have no motive for this whole thing besides simple terrorism, there's a chance she could have seen something."

Kerri turned towards Saito, looking serious, "In any case, I'd say she's our only lead. It's not much, but we should probably try looking around for her to see if she knows anything that can help. Even if she doesn't, wwe wouldn't be very good pubic officials if we just left a little kid wandering the city." Kerri decided to get a little more lighthearted here, "I hope you're up for more interviews, because we're going to need to ask around to see who saw this kid and where she went."
Kerri McKinley
Kerri McKinley
Level 2 Volt Streamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:52 pm

"Stop looking at me like I've actually asked you out of absolute free will. What makes you think I'd ever want to sleep in the same apartment as you if I didn't have circumstances? I don't particularly have a choice here, you're the only person I know who doesn't live in Tokiwadai's dormitory."

He remained resolute in his skeptical posture and guarded expression.

"Unless you're absolutely okay with a child, never mind me, having to deal with the dorm mistress? Are you that horrible?"

"Why do you sound like you're feeling genuinely scared for me now...?"

"It's something you don't want to know about, trust me..."

He recalled his own brush with the nightmare known as the Dorm Mistress. While he was reluctant to send the two to such a grim fate he was running out of options.

"What about the authorities? Anti-Skill or even Judgement should be able to take care of her until they can find her way home." He said, moving to pass Natsumi and Iresia and make a break for the staircase.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:45 pm

"What about the authorities? Anti-Skill or even Judgement should be able to take care of her until they can find her way home."

At least he hadn't openly told them that they should deal with the dorm mistress themselves. Maybe he wasn't that uncaring after all.

"Doesn't it sound weird?" She thought about this whole situation from the beginning, rambling as she tried to come to a conclusion. "I received this dead weight yet I've been told to take care of her, I haven't been told to bring her to the authorities. Surely there'd be a reason why?"

One could say she was nitpicking on words, but it still sounded weird. Miyako knew of Natsumi's dislike of children, and she would've been able to contact Judgement herself. Yet she assigned Natsumi to take care of Iresia for a reason that even Iresia didn't know.

"But well, enough of that. Will you let us, or will you not? If you don't want to, I won't push the matter any further."
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next