Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

We're off to slay the Demon King! (Omake) OOC

+17
Murakami Takashi
Kumokawa Maria
Iwasaki Kazuko
Kinuhata Saiai
Tougane Masaru
Hujisaka Natsumi
Vita Vesta Caesar
Cornelius Carolus
Yanagi Miiru
New Old Kuroko
Yanagi Mila
Jack Nightingale
Kobayashi Iori
[Old] Index
Sogiita Gunha
Kira Kohaku
Damion Koyoko
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

We're off to slay the Demon King! (Omake) OOC Empty We're off to slay the Demon King! (Omake) OOC

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:29 pm

Once a upon a time, in a far away land, there was a certain country plagued by an evil Demon King!

To save the land, a Hero has taken up the Legendary Sword and set off on a quest free his homeland!

But alas, the Demon King's castle is protected by a powerful barrier, and the Hero cannot break past it...

All is not lost, however!

The Four Heavenly Kings, the Demon King's most trusted generals have scattered themselves throughout the land and hold the keys required to break the barrier!

O Hero of legend, take up your Legendary Sword, collect your Party members, and save the kingdom!

And that is the setting. You choose a character, a role for them to play as, and venture to slay the Demon King/protect the Hero/protect the keys to the barrier! However, doesn't that seem a little boring? Overly cliched? Done to death, over and over again? It does, doesn't it?

Well, I wouldn't worry about that if I were you. We won't be playing a single thing straight. Perhaps the hero got blackmailed into his job? Maybe the Spirit of the Legendary Sword is a lazy bum who just refuses to cooperate. The Demon King might just be some poor idiot who suckered into the job because the previous one ran away from his post!

So, what kind of screwed up Hero/Demon King/Heavenly King/Legendary Sword/Knight/Thief/Cleric are you going to be?

EDIT NOTE (Natsumi): For those of you who don't understand why there are two Omake threads, or for those of you who'll read this in the future; this is the runner-up thread for our third anniversary's poll, which was given special permission to start alongside the winning thread due to an issue with the voting. Two Omake threads for one birthday will not become a thing.

EDIT NOTE (Jack): I forgot to put this in, but Yoko kindly reminded me, so here it is. The roles are not first come first serve. If you want a role, but someone else has already put up an application for it, then you may still apply for it. They are applications, after all. You may decide among yourselves, or if that doesn't work out, then I will be the arbiter. Also, when contested, new members get priority over older ones.

For your applications, please use the following format.

Character I will be using:

Role I wish to play:

Suggested twist for the role:

Role to apply to:

Hero: Damion Koyoko
Spirit of the Legendary Sword: Martha Poppins
Knight: [OPEN]
Cleric: --------------
Thief: [OPEN]
Mage: Sogiita Gunha
Obligatory Fanservice Girl: Sensei
Demon King: Kira Kohaku
Heavenly King: Kobayashi Iori
Heavenly King: Jack Nightingale
Heavenly King: Iwasaki Kazuko
Heavenly King: [CLOSED]

Secondary Roles:

Human King: Vita Vesta Caesar
Demon King's Personal Maid: Kumokawa Maria
Hero's Swordmanship Master: Yamaguchi Hiromi

Unlocked Dead Ends

Plot Hole: The Demon King Solved the Hero's Riddle?!

All participants, current and prospective, please see this post.

Last edited by Vita Vesta Caesar on Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:29 am; edited 35 times in total (Reason for editing : Removing Miiru and Mila from their roles. - Adding Gaji to his role. -Removing Mura from his role. -Adding unlocked Dead Ends. -Removing Gaji from his role. -Removing Kazuko and Cartin from their roles. -Mystery edits.)
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t486-magician-vita-vesta-ca

Back to top Go down

We're off to slay the Demon King! (Omake) OOC Empty Re: We're off to slay the Demon King! (Omake) OOC

Post  Damion Koyoko Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:50 pm

Character I will be using: Damion Koyoko

Role I wish to play: Hero

Suggested twist for the role: Although he is praised as a hero acrossed the land, he absolutely hates his job. Often targeted by assassins, always asked to do the most unproductive of tasks, and always forced into danger. He got his this role on accident, not actually expecting to take it, and even if he did, he was going to sell it for a fortune since he was rather poor. Instead he was forced to he the world's errand boy. He has no intentions of facing the demon king at all, but is more of less forced to due to his important role now.
Damion Koyoko
Damion Koyoko
Level 2 Aero Hand

Back to top Go down

We're off to slay the Demon King! (Omake) OOC Empty Re: We're off to slay the Demon King! (Omake)

Post  Murakami Takashi Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:11 am

Character I will be using: The only one I have.

Role I wish to play: Knight

Description: A scarfed, lightly armored man wielding a longsword, a small dagger in his boot, and a small collection of throwing knives he keeps just in case. While not heavily armored and lacking a shield, he trains himself to be very agile and focused, relying on parries, counters, attacking weak spots, and dodges.

Suggested twist for the role: While he is very brave, willing to take on goblins, trolls, ogres, giants, and practically anything else that stands in his way, he is scared of one thing: cute and cuddly things. Things like cats, dogs, rats, etc. make him jumpy as he is incredibly paranoid of one of them being false. He's also skittish around flowers.

Last edited by Murakami Takashi on Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:36 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Change of Heart)
Murakami Takashi
Murakami Takashi
Level 2 Current

Back to top Go down

We're off to slay the Demon King! (Omake) OOC Empty Re: We're off to slay the Demon King! (Omake) OOC

Post  Kira Kohaku Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:29 am

Character: Kira Kohaku
Role: Demon King
Proposed Twist to Role: Dr. Kira was the young doctor who treated and nursed the former Demon King in the last two years of his life. Unfortunately for the doctor, the former Demon King was a bit of a prankster and decided for some reason that it would be hilarious to name his doctor as his successor. Now, she spends her days in the role of the Demon King, a role she never wanted.
Kira Kohaku
Kira Kohaku
Level 4 Diagnosis Touch

Back to top Go down

We're off to slay the Demon King! (Omake) OOC Empty Re: We're off to slay the Demon King! (Omake)

Post  Murakami Takashi Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:37 am

Had a change of heart and thus changed my role. You're welcome, Koyoko.
Murakami Takashi
Murakami Takashi
Level 2 Current

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:01 am

Okay, so I've decided on an application deadline, though we may begin before that if we get enough slots filled up.

Please apply by Sunday June 14, 2015. At this point in time the IC thread will begin and all taken positions will be final. You may still apply for free positions after this point, however.

Last edited by Vita Vesta Caesar on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Alexander Beathen Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:45 am

Character I will be using: Martha Poppins

Role I wish to play: Spirit of the Legendary Sword

Suggested twist for the role: Martha was once a real person, but not a human. That's right this oddly attractive female spirit was once a diabolical evil who was sealed into the sword long ago. But the world has forgotten about that small little fact. Now picked up by the hero, Martha plans her escape to resume her reign as the first DEMON KING in history. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA... Or at least build a harem.
Sir Alexander Beathen
Sir Alexander Beathen
Elisium928

Back to top Go down

Post  Sogiita Gunha Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:01 am

Character I will be using: Sogiita Gunha

Role I wish to play: Mage

Suggested twist for the role: With his GUTS MAGIC and MAGIC FIST spells, Gunha is without a doubt the most eccentric man in the field... and also strong enough to be part of the party. Stopping the root of evil? Hell yeah! He'll overcome the Demon King with GUTS!
Sogiita Gunha
Sogiita Gunha
The 7th Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  [Old] Index Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:12 am

Character I will be using: Holy Fallen Angel Ero Maid Deluxe[Kanzaki Kaori: Guest]

Role I wish to play: Obligatory Fanservice Girl

A Fallen Angel, according to the Motoharu Narrative, the one who fell from the Heavens for the sin of her very existence as a walking fan service not befitting of the pure and chaste generalized image of Angels. Cast down from the Heaven due to a series of misunderstanding, she walks among the world of humans unintentionally fanservicing to great dismay. Often mistaken for a pervert in a lewd dress, she smites those suffering from such misunderstanding with the Saint like powers she wields along with a 2 meter long nodachi katana.

Or

Character I will be using: Orsola Aquinas [Guest]

Role I wish to play: Obligatory Fanservice Girl

An airheaded Sister who has a strong faith in God. She suffers from a Holy Curse which sometimes trips her into a misfortunate accident of delivering great fanserviceness at the cost of her victim's misfortune. A terrifyingly natural airhead Nun to the core.
[Old] Index
[Old] Index
Dedicatus545

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobayashi Iori Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Character I will be using: Kobayashi Iori

Role I wish to play: Heavenly King

Suggested twist for the role: Iori lost the Demon King's castle key. Anyone looking for it will end up spending the rest of their days in her castle, digging through her horde of Otaku merchandise searching for the key. Many former heroes are lost here, turned into nothing more than Anime-loving Otaku. Will the Hero and their entourage be able to resist the lure of cute anime waifus and engrossing video-games? Or will they lose their way and become lost in Otaku and video-game culture?
Kobayashi Iori
Kobayashi Iori
Level 2 Malicious Fake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Nightingale Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:22 pm

Character I will be using: Jack Nightingale

Suggested twist for the role: While he was searching for a good place to hide away with the key, he was taken by surprise by a patrolling group of elite battle nuns. However, instead of killing him or even taking the key, they simply took all of his worldly possessions, told him to go become an ascetic and repent, and left him there. Now he wanders the land, without anything to his name but the clothes on his back, scrounging for food where he can find it.
Jack Nightingale
Jack Nightingale
Libertas719

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t320-magician-jack-nightinga

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanagi Mila Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:41 pm

Character I will be using: Yanagi Mila

Role I wish to play: Thief

Suggested twist for the role: Mila, before meeting the hero and his allies, stole goods from others and goods from the castle of the Demon King. However, with the prospect of being able to obtain the Legendary Sword, Mila joins the hero's forces and uses her stealthiness to her advantage, being one of the trickiest and most deceitful thieves in the land. Perhaps being surrounded by good-doers will make her a good-doer, as well? She struggles between selfishness in wanting to nab vast riches and guilt for her wrongs to innocent people.
Yanagi Mila
Yanagi Mila
Level 3 Trick Art

Back to top Go down

Post  New Old Kuroko Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:19 am

Character I will be using: Shirai Kuroko

Kuroko fits the role of bad, evil, boss-level, key-holding character a bit more accurately than her comrades.
But only a bit. She resides in an actual castle, can you believe it, located at the very edge of a cliff, far away from anything else. There, she governs over 9000 clone soldiers, which represent her personal army. The key that has been given to her, has been altered in it's shape and appearance and now takes the form of blue and white striped pantsu. These specific pantsu are being worn by one of her 9000 soldiers. This is where it gets messy, they all wear the same kind of pantsu, thus the only person capable of distinguishing between the key and regular pantsu would be Kuroko herself. How are going to make her spill the beans? A little hint: Just beating her up won't do the trick.

New Old Kuroko
Level 4 Teleporter

Back to top Go down

Post  [Old] Index Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:14 am

Character I will be using:

We're off to slay the Demon King! (Omake) OOC Misaki%20fanservice_zpsq5ncvlej

Role I wish to play: Obligatory Fanservice

Secret
[Old] Index
[Old] Index
Dedicatus545

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanagi Miiru Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:58 am

Character I will be using: Yanagi Miiru

Role I wish to play: Cleric

Suggested plot twist for the role: Each time a buffing or healing skill is casted, a large laser beam is subsequently fired at members of the party, resulting in possible if not further damage. Consequently, Miiru may actually end up doing more harm than good!
Yanagi Miiru
Yanagi Miiru
Level 3 Dummy Check

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornelius Carolus Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:07 am

Character I will be using: Cornelius Frederick Carolus or namely C.C

Suggested twist for the role: C.C didn't have the body that he has now. C.C used to be the ruler of people, seducer of all genders, and a female. C.C was forced out of her kingdom after a revolt had happened due to the people tired of C.C's lack of responsibility. After leaving the kingdom C.C journeyed throughout the desert and found a merchant. The merchant was offering a potion to the dehydrating C.C and she took it. And then.....C.C turned into a male. Not just any male, a muscly, handsome, bearish man. After seducing the merchant with his....muscles. C.C built up a group of muscly men and now journeys the land in search of a new kingdom to claim as his own.
Cornelius Carolus
Cornelius Carolus
Trochus271

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:25 am

Hurrah! With this, all the roles have been filled! We are ready to begin!

However, if you wanted to join, there is still hope! As is noted in the opening post, if you want to play a role that someone else has already taken, you may write up an application for it! If you are a new member, or the person who previously occupied the role is fine with it, then you may take up the role in their stead!

However, that is only applicable until the deadline, June 14, 2015, 11:59 PM GMT -5:00. After that point, roles become final.

However, there is also another option! You can come up with your own role! It can be something like a quest giver, or a Magic/Weapon Shop owner. Anything you can think of! Unfortunately, as the main cast has already been decided, you will likely not have much screentime. But hey, something's better than nothing, right? I will be allowing applications for this even after the deadline, as well as during the RP. (Since it means I'll have less things to NPC...)
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira Kohaku Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:13 am

Character: Kumokawa Maria
Role: Demon King's Personal Maid
Proposed Twist to the Role: Kumokawa Maria, in her quest to forge an unbreakable pride felt that the perfect inferior master to serve would be the Demon King. She applied for the job and despite being a human, she got the job of being the Demon King's personal maid. Oddly enough, she found that Ms. Demon King does not seem like too bad a person, albeit a bit unmotivated. But, that's perfect for the maid who wants to forge an unbreakable pride.
Kira Kohaku
Kira Kohaku
Level 4 Diagnosis Touch

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:30 pm

The deadline has passed! As of this moment, all taken roles are final. From this point forward, should you wish to take part in the omake, you must come up with your own role.

I'll try and start the thread sometime today or tomorrow.
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Alexander Beathen Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:51 am

"Hand wash... the promoted product of the RPG Omake. Only 5.99" The Legendary Sword declares.
Sir Alexander Beathen
Sir Alexander Beathen
Elisium928

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:45 am

Hear me hear me, whether ye be plebeian or patrician. I, your empress, have both an announcement and a request to make! It is not only allowed, but very much encouraged for all those who are participating in the quest to slay the diabolical Demon King to break the Fourth Wall and respond to the narration. Respond to it, as if its speaking to you! Tsukkomi to your heart's desire!
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamaguchi Hiromi Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:30 am

Character I will be using: Yamaguchi Hiromi

Role I wish to play: The Hero's Master

Suggested twist for the role: She is in reality the grandchild of the previous King. Wanting to get back the lost dignity of her family and to somewhat correct her grandfather's mistakes, she went to work in the Royal Palace as a Swordsman training the soldiers of the Royal Army. When the Hero was chosen and the Legendary Sword has finally awakened, Vita, the current King, decided to send someone to train him, believing that he needed to. However, all of the other Swordsmen were afraid to take that responsibility because they knew they wouldn't survive a fight against the Legendary Sword. When the King did a vote to see who's the most trustworthy Swordsman for the task, all of them voted for that one Swordsman they all hated: Hiromi. They knew of her lineage and they wanted to get rid of her. Such person was only a nuisance to the current Royal Family and their allies. She can't be trusted. Who could garantee she won't try to overthrow them as they did to her grandfather? And so, after recieving the majority of the votes, Hiromi was designed to be the Hero's Master to train him during his journey. However, the Hero wasn't much himself, but the Legendary Sword was way stronger than her. Can she survive the training?
Yamaguchi Hiromi
Yamaguchi Hiromi
Level 3 Mass Teleporter

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t553-esper-yamaguchi-hiromi

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:17 pm

Added, sorry for the delay.

Test, test.
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:16 am

Character I will be using: Hujisaka Natsumi

Role I wish to play: Secret Heavenly King.

Suggested twist for the role: Unbeknownst to people, there was actually a fifth Heavenly King. This Heavenly King appeared to be a young fire mage whose primary goal in life was entertainment, which was half the reason why she'd even accepted the key. However, despite the important role and object she'd been entrusted with, she wasn't willing to just sit around in a castle waiting for a hero.

As such, the girl decided to travel, she stored the key away in a safe location during her travels to ensure no one would try to rob her for it or to avoid her actually losing it. She would tag along with the hero and his companions in quest of entertainment; yet when they'd try to break the barrier and fail, the girl would actually remember and reveal there's a fifth key.

Of course, the key wasn't lost. She completely remembered it was stored away for safety's sake... now the question was where? Indeed, the girl had forgotten in her travels where the heck she'd store it and only vaguely remembered how it looked like...! From there starts a quest for the girl to remember where she had put the God forsaken key in the land throughout her travels.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Tougane Masaru Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:00 pm

Character I will be using: Tougane Masaru

Role I wish to play: Merchant/Supplier/Brute

Suggested twist for the role: His mother has always said he was born to do great things, contribute people, save lives from starvation and destruction. It has been 27 years since he was born, he did not graduate properly, he is stuck at a low-paying job which is transporting goods for a food company. Needless to say, he is tired and hopeless of his life, and alcohol does just fine for keeping him from those feelings.

Today is just another day of transporting those goods between worlds, everything is just almost the same except instead of caravans following him, they are now bandits. To make it out alive, the path he is about to choose may change his life forever .....
Tougane Masaru
Tougane Masaru
A Certain Problem Eliminator

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t578-other-tougane-masaru

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next