» [SS] Lighting the Fuse
by Misaka Mikoto Yesterday at 2:36 am

» [SS] Through the Eyes of the Silent Dolls
by Kinoshita Nori Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:18 pm

» [SS] Chocolate Fish
by Edana Callan Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:33 pm

» Pokemon Discussion
by Oda Taichi Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:14 pm

» A Certain Experiment's End (Arc 3 Epilogue)
by Hujisaka Natsumi Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:26 pm

» [SS] Red Fairy
by Furuhashi Gou Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:53 pm

Important Topics

Affiliates
Board Rating:

RPG-D PPN Top 50
RolePlayGateway

Affiliated RPs:

Castlevania Inspired Original Fantasy RP The Games

Affiliated RPs (-18):

www.AbaddonCity.com (18+)

Who are your favourite characters?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

5% 5% 
[ 2 ]
22% 22% 
[ 8 ]
3% 3% 
[ 1 ]
14% 14% 
[ 5 ]
5% 5% 
[ 2 ]
8% 8% 
[ 3 ]
5% 5% 
[ 2 ]
14% 14% 
[ 5 ]
8% 8% 
[ 3 ]
16% 16% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 37

Post  Accelerator on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:35 pm

As for me, I've always been an Accelerator fan (obviously.) I've mentioned my reasons before, but I'll repeat them here. I've really enjoyed his character arc in the novels and his transformation from villain to hero. The writers have managed to pull off an impressive and interesting take on tired old tropes with his redemption arc. He's also got a great set of unique powers that make him fun to watch.

Plus I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing him act like a total psycho. I hope he doesn't get too tame in the future.

Runners up include Misaka and her sisters, especially when they play off against each other.

Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who are your favourite characters?

Post  Vanni on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Kamijou Touma, I really do think he's an amazing character. It's not just his impressive fighting tactics, but also his heroic moments that just come from a mostly ordinary person. It's great that he's so weak, but so strong. I love his speeches, it helps show just how emotional he is and how much faith he has in his beliefs, because I don't like it when a character is shallow and uncaring. I really like it when he breaks illusions, he gets to the core of the problem and completely stops whatever is opponent has motivating them so he doesn't have to worry about killing anyone.

Touma takes the title of 'Hero' and takes it to an entirely different level. This guy isn't just worried about the physical either, he cares and fights for the feelings of himself and others. The 'Not needing a reason to save someone' is a great line because I'd just hate it if people are dying or getting hurt and a character isn't doing anything about it. Even more so is that the old Kamijou Touma wasn't in the memories but in the heart, that's where this 'Touma' gets the need to help others from. This Touma is like what the old Touma always wanted to be. I think that's beautiful.

There's plenty of reasons why I like Touma and that he's my favorite character of all time, but I'll just leave it at this for now.

Vanni
Adversor639

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:00 pm

I agree that Touma's a good protagonist, he's a league beyond typical Shounen protagonists who only ever react to the situations around him. Touma's a lot more proactive in dealing with things once he finds something to stand against. In a lot of ways he's like Shirou from Fate/Stay Night (The good routes, at least) with less head-slapping idiocy.

That said I'm finding myself a little frustrated with his lack of character development this far into the series. I appreciate that a protagonist has to stick to an archetype in this sort of story, but I can't help but feel like his character is stuck in a rut. Every arc ends with him the same as when he started (aside from the Index arc and his memory loss obviously.) It seems like there have been a lot of missed opportunities for him as a character.

But, with all that said he's definitely one of my favourites.

Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanni on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:49 pm

Yeah a lot of people say that he doesn't have much development, but then again it's the little things that are important to him. Like in Vols 14 - 20
Spoiler:
where he's worried about if lying to Index is the right thing, until at Vol 20 after the battle with Accelerator he comes to realize that it wherther he's in the right or not dosen't matter

And instead of development, as we go along you get to know his character more and more
Vol 2, he's empty and finds happiness in helping others. Also he's very cold when his happiness is taken away
Vol 4, he likes his misfortune because it lets him help others
Vol 6, he dosen't care whether his friends are different or not, or if it's dangerous to be friends with them
Vol 7, his actions are based on his faith in himself, also since his world is so small the things he has are more important to him than others
Vol 9-10, he cares about the feelings and the happiness of others, rather than things that may seem as a major importance
Vol 13, won't harm his friend even if they are causing damage also will try to save his own opponent
Spoiler:
Vol 14, Gets angry when his secret about his memory is found out
Vol 16, the memories the old Touma left behind is in the heart not the head
Vol 18, believes that if you wanna fight, you should fight also is happy to see when others help
Vol 20, dosen't care about titles like hero or villain, and that anyone can do what he does
Vol 22, his view of the world, knowing that there are evil people but they also have good inside of them and vice-versa, even himself. Knows he can't save everyone. Saving someone's 'world' is just as important important as saving the earth

some of the examples may seem like we already knew from before or that there's more to it whatever but you get the point. With NT it looks like we are getting some character development

Vanni
Adversor639

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko on Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:20 pm

Definitely Misaka. No question. Very Happy

Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

View user profile http://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t18-esper-kamijou-touko

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Vanni wrote:Yeah a lot of people say that he doesn't have much development, but then again it's the little things that are important to him.

And instead of development, as we go along you get to know his character more and more

some of the examples may seem like we already knew from before or that there's more to it whatever but you get the point. With NT it looks like we are getting some character development

That's a fair point, but I still feel as though the author is keeping him in his niche when he could be going beyond it. I think it's more the fault of the Light Novel format, though.

Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:22 am

All the girls, because they are Moe~

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:57 am

Wanna guess?

Yep, you got it. It's-

Misaka Mikoto Wink

It's a bit hard to explain and this might sound weird if you look at it the wrong way, but Mikoto's basic character concepts (personality, background, (dis)likes, interests etc) and I have a lot in common. She is probably the only anime character I can actually relate to on a personal level. When I first started watching the Railgun anime, I kinda freaked out because it started to feel like I was watching some Alternate Universe superheroine version of the plain me (and my past highschool life). XD No joke though... Of course, we also have a lot of differences. She has qualities that I wish I could have and/or admire. These factors make the way I perceive her character very interesting: she's like me, but she's not at the same time. I'm sort of exploring that while I'm rping... Haha, I probably sound really weird. XD

Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

View user profile http://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t81-esper-misaka-mikoto

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:12 am

That's pretty interesting. I think most people recognise a few elements of their personalities in characters now and then. It must be strange to have a character with that many qualities that mirror your own.

I tend to recognise parts of myself in fictional characters now and then. And it's never very flattering. Haha.

Guy Li
A Certain Mysterious Teacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mori Kita on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:20 pm

Frenda Seivelun seems like an interesting character. Her appearance has come and passed in the manga, but she'll be making an appearance in the upcoming Railgun series in the Sisters Arc.
_______
Character map (contains spoilers as it shows all characters)

Mori Kita
Level 3 Proximity Teleport

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum