» [SS] Lighting the Fuse
by Misaka Mikoto Yesterday at 2:36 am

» [SS] Through the Eyes of the Silent Dolls
by Kinoshita Nori Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:18 pm

» [SS] Chocolate Fish
by Edana Callan Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:33 pm

» Pokemon Discussion
by Oda Taichi Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:14 pm

» A Certain Experiment's End (Arc 3 Epilogue)
by Hujisaka Natsumi Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:26 pm

» [SS] Red Fairy
by Furuhashi Gou Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:53 pm

Important Topics

Affiliates
Board Rating:

RPG-D PPN Top 50
RolePlayGateway

Affiliated RPs:

Castlevania Inspired Original Fantasy RP The Games

Affiliated RPs (-18):

www.AbaddonCity.com (18+)

[SS] Friendship Is Fate's Craft

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SS] Friendship Is Fate's Craft

Post  Yamaguchi Hiromi on Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:28 pm

June 27th, 02:16 pm

It was an unusually warm week-end day even for summer. Some people would be at home at this hour. However, most people just weren’t so lucky. Life wouldn’t stop because of hot weather after all. And even fateful meetings could happen on such days.

For a certain girl, today was just like any other day. No troubles, no adventures, no new faces, no new places; just the usual boring routine. Even the exciting medical life becomes monotonous when you get used to the most reoccurring accidents. In a word: Nothing new.

Until now, that is.

A girl with dark purple hair, wearing a white lab coat, was walking through the hallway with a folder in her hand. It was a specific folder you would only find in hospitals. Yes, this 18-year-old teenager was right now in the hospital. However, she wasn’t a patient here. She was a medical student. And right now, she was undergoing her training.

Her tutor, Masao Teppei, had told her she was assigned to the room number 256 today, and gave her this folder. It contained all of the information about the patient themselves and the health problems they had.

Yamaguchi Hiromi was having a look at the folder again, to remind herself of the most important details before going to the patient she was in charge of today. It read: “Ashton-Li Guy”.

Since the first time she read it, the name felt oddly familiar. Has she heard it somewhere before? She tried hard to remember, but she couldn’t get a gasp of a face corresponding to the name. So she let go of the matter for now, deciding she would discover who it was when she reaches the room.

Arriving in front of the door, she knocked gently.

“Ashton-san, I’m coming in.”

Hiromi opened the door and greeted him.

Then the image of the face in front of her finally sank in.

He was a man who seemed to be of the same age as her. He had a seemingly Asian and Caucasian mixed looking face. His already carbon-black short hair was accentuated by his dark blue eyes.

‘Where have I seen him befo--? Ah!’

She finally remembered where she heard that name before, and why his face was familiar. She had actually seen this person a lot of times. In reality, she had never talked to him before, but she passed across him several times at the university grounds.

However, she wasn’t entirely certain, so she decided to ask him rather than base her speech on wrong assumptions, just to be sure and to avoid any embarrassing and awkward situation.

“Um, excuse me, are you maybe a student in Dangai University?”, she asked hesitantly, while taking out the disinfectant, the bandages and the other necessary material to take care of his wounds and change the old bandages.

"Shiage Talking." (Shiage Thinking.)

Yamaguchi Hiromi
Level 3 Mass Teleporter

View user profile http://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t553-esper-yamaguchi-hiromi

Back to top Go down

Re: [SS] Friendship Is Fate's Craft

Post  Guy Li on Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:27 pm

His injuries had been extensive enough that the pain alone should have kept him bed ridden for at least a day or two. But the young man was standing beside his hospital bed, already changing back into his regular clothes. He glanced up at the open door and the girl he assumed to be a nurse.

"Hmm?" He fastened the buttons of his shirt over his bandaged and bruised torso. "That's right." Guy answered with cautious uncertainty. "Have we met?" He asked, studying her face. "No. I always remember a pretty girl." He commented with a shake of his head and an amused smile. "Are you here to check up on me? I don't want to waste anyone's time, so I was just going to walk it off."

Was he trying to sound tough? Or was he really that foolish?

Guy Li
A Certain Mysterious Teacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamaguchi Hiromi on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:32 pm

"Have we met?", asked the young man after confirming her guess. Hiromi was about to answer, but before she could say anything, he made his conclusion.

"No. I always remember a pretty girl."

"..."

She looked at him with wide open eyes. It took her a moment to register what he said. What made it worse was that he was smiling in an amused way. She then felt both embarrassed at the random compliment - or flirting, depending on how you look at it - and frustrated at the guy's attitude.

'He's toying with me!'

Face still red due to both of anger and embarrassement, she tried to calm herself down. After all, all sorts of people came here. But it was her duty to attend to any of them without complaints.

"Are you here to check up on me? I don't want to waste anyone's time, so I was just going to walk it off."

"... huh?"

This literally was the finishing blow to her already confused mind.

'Just what's wrong with this guy?!'

First he had been teasing her. Now he was going to leave because he didn't want to waste the doctors' time?! Just who would think staying at the hospital was wasting their time...? That was like saying going to school was wasting the teachers' time!

That was just nonesense!

Was he an idiot or was he just that considerate...?

Realising she had just blurted out a 'huh?' earlier, she decided to apologize first.

"Um, sorry about that. It just... surprised me. Why would you think you are wasting anyone's time? It's our duty to look after you until you recover completely. Your injuries haven't even closed up yet. And, even if you insist on leaving, I won't let you do that anyway. And of course none of the medical staff here would allow it either."

She was serious about what she just said.

"Ah right. To answer your earlier question. Well we haven't met face to face. But I am a first year student at Dangai University, so I have seen you at the university grounds sometimes. My name is Yamaguchi Hiromi, a medical student and a trainee in this hospital. Nice to meet you", she introduced herself with a smile.

"Now then", she finally added, with a more serious but still friendly tone, while approaching him, "please lay down on the bed and remove your shirt, I have to take care of your wounds."

Yamaguchi Hiromi
Level 3 Mass Teleporter

View user profile http://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t553-esper-yamaguchi-hiromi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:22 pm

"Um, sorry about that. It just... surprised me. Why would you think you are wasting anyone's time? It's our duty to look after you until you recover completely. Your injuries haven't even closed up yet. And, even if you insist on leaving, I won't let you do that anyway. And of course none of the medical staff here would allow it either."

Guy opened his mouth to speak but Hiromi quickly cut him off as she continued.

"Ah right. To answer your earlier question. Well we haven't met face to face. But I am a first year student at Dangai University, so I have seen you at the university grounds sometimes. My name is Yamaguchi Hiromi, a medical student and a trainee in this hospital. Nice to meet you"

"Now then please lay down on the bed and remove your shirt, I have to take care of your wounds."

"Well, when you ask so nicely..." He replied with a sardonic smile of his own. He was muttering something under his breath about pushy girls as he unbuttoned his shirt.

"Really, I'm fine." He protested. With this nurse making a fuss over him he felt like a kid crying over a scraped knee. "A couple of days rest and I'll be good as new." That wasn't exactly true. Though he was blessed with a remarkably tough constitution, even he would find that it difficult to ignore the broken ribs that currently made his the apex of every breath a sharp stabbing pain and as he said those words he winced a little, coughing pitifully in an attempt to play it off.

Guy Li
A Certain Mysterious Teacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamaguchi Hiromi on Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:49 pm

The guy started unbottoning his shirt while she prepared the necessary materials. However je seemed to be willing to protest once again.

"Really, I'm fine. A couple of days rest and I'll be good as new."

Just as he said that, he winced, but quickly coughed in an attempt to hide it. Bit Hiromi had already caught sigh of his painful expression by the time he hid it.

’There’s no need to make a strong face. If you were truly alright you wouldn’t be here.’, She commented in her mind. However, she didn’t say it out loud.

That was for a very insignificant reason though. She simply respected his effort to not worry others about him. When patient come to the hospital, they would generally be affected, not only physically, but mainly psychologically by the situation itself, rather than the sheer pain itself. They would become quickly sensitive and they would start exagerating the smallest pain.

To be honest, it took a huge amount of courage and patience to maintain a straight face when going through what they were going through. So Hiromi didn’t blame them for complaining. Far from it. But because she knew how hard it is, she regarded the few exceptions who resisted the pain with high esteem.

Not wanting to crush his resolve, she refrained from commenting.

She just smiled slightly, amused by the idea that might really have expected that act to deceive her.

“Yes you will be fine after some days, but only if you stay here and undergo the necessary treatment. Leaving before the doctor’s official permission would only worsen your state and make it harder to heal later. So don’t do anything hasty please”, she told the boy, a slight hint of concern in her voice.

She got near him and warned him, in a friendly tone once again not to scare him, so that he readies himself psychologically:

“This is going to sting, but it’ll be alright once I finish. So please bear with it.”

She then cleaned the wounds with the desinfectant and applied new band-aids and bandages on them.

“I’m done, you can put your shirt on”, she finally said after finishing.

She then registered the necessary information on Guy’s medical folder.

‘Come to think of it, quite a few Dangai students had already been hospitalised in close intervals of time recently. Ashton-san is probably the fourth this month.’

In fact, the number of hospitalised Dangai students’ students increased drastically in the last few weeks, not only in this hospital, but all over Academy City.

Of course, Hiromi had no way of knowing even the other hospitals were having a similar issue.

Nonetheless, she felt deeply concerned by seeing the sudden hospitalisation of four Dangai students, for she was a Dangai student too afterall.

For some reason, the four patients had mentioned the same cause for their state: They all got into a quarrel. This made her worry that there might be some gang fight that involved students from her university, a fight that involved her schoolmates.

“We’ve had a couple of other patients from Dangai who also suffered injuries because of a quarrel just like you”, she declared, “have you all gotten yourselves in something dangerous? What is going on?”

Yamaguchi Hiromi
Level 3 Mass Teleporter

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum