Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Kisaragi Anko Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:13 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[Esper] Sakamoto Daisuke

4 posters

Go down

[Esper] Sakamoto Daisuke Empty [Esper] Sakamoto Daisuke

Post  Sakamoto Daisuke Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:44 am

Sakamoto Daisuke

Level ?? Mental Link

[Esper] Sakamoto Daisuke 103496

"You blabber too much. If you’re a real man, talk with your fists!"

FULL NAME: Sakamoto Daisuke
OTHER ALIAS: Dai, Aniki, Dai-Aniki
CURRENT AGE: 16
SCHOOL: A Certain Highschool
FACTION: None

APPEARANCE: Daisuke is a young man of average height with spiky light-colored hair and high eyebrows. He had a rather athletic build, muscular but light. His casual wear consists of loose comfortable clothing and a sports jacket which he drapes on his shoulders rather than wearing properly. He wears earrings and a necklace for accessories. He also has a habit of opening the top buttons of his shirt.
HEIGHT: 175 cm
WEIGHT:  150 lb
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Most noteworthy of his features would be his sports jacket that he drapes on his shoulders and his earrings and necklace accessories.

PERSONALITY:
Emotional
Daisuke is very susceptible to emotions. He is quick to anger, grieve, laugh, and smile.
Simple-minded  
Daisuke isn’t very good at complex thinking. He has trouble understanding overly complicated plans and can be quite narrow-minded. This also leads him to tackle challenges with the first, simplest, straight-forward approach that comes to mind, unwary of traps or danger. He takes any situation he receives face-on. He’s also quite gullible, trusting even a random stranger on the street.
Kind
Daisuke’s a nice person at heart. He dislikes seeing troubled people and goes out of his way to help those in need, even against the person he’s helping’s will.
Honourable
Daisuke strictly follows a vague personal code of honour. To him, men must be strong, fair, just individuals that protect those who they care for. This is his life code and when he sees someone straying from it, he tries to steer them back to the right path. He also doesn’t like dishonourable means of combat like guns or poison. He believes men should battle it out with their natural powers alone.
Never Give Up
Daisuke is extremely persistent. Once he’s fixated on a goal he won’t stop until he achieves it or he’s been forcibly rendered unable to do so. No matter how much damage he takes or how much he loses, he won’t give up.

Violent

Daisuke doesn’t hold back when it comes to fighting. Violence is his main means of settling conflict and he’ll swing his arms and legs wildly until the situation is settled. He won’t go for the kill but beating someone into the ground is ok for him.

Sympathetic
Above all, Daisuke has the innate nature to sympathise with others. He feels their pains and problems as if they were his own and tries to understand what other people might be going through.

Perfectability

Daisuke always seeks to improve himself, whether physically or morally. He trains both his physical body and esper powers regularly in hopes of becoming stronger to protect people. He also admires strong people, especially Academy City’s level 5, who he believes have achieved their great strength through endless hard work.

+ Spicy Food

+ Manliness

+ Shonen Manga

+ Rain

+ Big-breasted Women
DISLIKES:
- Injustice

- School

- Bitter Food

- Crustaceans

- Puzzles

- Guns
STRENGTHS:
+ Fighting

+ Sports

+ Arcade Games

+ Cooking
WEAKNESSES:
- Studies

- Strategic thinking

- Being Gentle or Subtle

- Lying

HISTORY:  

Sakamoto Daisuke was born into a family of elites. His father came from a line of renowned doctors while his mother was a lawyer. So, as a child, he was expected to follow his bloodline and become some bigshot too, and originally he did. He did exceptionally well in his studies and was seen as a bit of a prodigy. Daisuke was never a quiet bookworm though. From youth, he was an energetic hard worker who didn’t hold back in bragging about his abilities. He’d get into fights often, with kids who didn’t appreciate his intelligence and an even wilder older cousin who liked to wrestle him for fun, and ended up becoming both mentally and physically fit.

After elementary school, to improve his studies, his parents decided to send him to the city of schools, Academy City. Considering their goal, it was quite the mistake for the city would change him significantly. Enrolled into a nice, prestigious middle school, Daisuke continued to do well in studies and began to develop his esper powers as well. But, one day, he was just walking down the sidewalk when a purse-snatcher ran past him. Spurred by a lady yelling for someone to help, he immediately jumped into action, chased down the criminal and stopped him by tackling him, knocking both of them to the ground and slowing him just long enough for a Judgement officer to arrive. It was a nice heroic moment but for Daisuke it opened a new viewpoint to him. When he tackled the purse-snatcher, his power ended up activating and he ended up reading the man’s mind. The whole time, all the criminal could think about was his sick mother who he was desperately trying to buy medicine for. His savings had finally dried up and he had run out of options to get honest money. Even though he knew he probably wouldn’t succeed, he had to try to get any money he could, even if it meant criminal means.

The experience shook Daisuke’s view of life. He began to contemplate about the life troubles of other people and started thinking about what he could do to help others. Eventually, he came to a resolution. He wanted to know more about the troubles people have. He wanted to know their motives, feel their pain, and maybe fight their enemies. With his power and his fists, he could understand someone better than anyone else could. With a single punch he could read their heart. So, Daisuke began to seek out the troubles of others. Victims, bullies, delinquents, petty criminals. He'd purposely wander the streets and dark alleyways to look for these troublesome people and try his best to understand them, and maybe bring them back onto the right path.

As Daisuke continued to follow this new lifestyle, his studies began to drop drastically as he spent less and less time at the desk and more time on the streets. Eventually, he dropped out of his prestigious school and entered a more average highschool. He got into fights more and more often, beating up petty thugs here and there and getting better and better at fighting with each battle. Most of all, though, he occasionally found someone who'd strayed from the right path and managed to beat some sense into them. Through his many fights, he's gathered a small following of close former-delinquents who follow him like a bunch of gang members.

Of course, his violent tendencies weren't unnoticed and brought him quite a bit of trouble with the authorities, specifically Anti-skill, and also his parents. As a whole, the Anti-skill officers didn't approve of his actions and a few times brought him in for temporary detainment and plenty of lecturing. They understand he means well but still don't want him on the streets trying to take justice into his own hands. His face has become a regular sight to many Anti-skill officers who individually may or may not like him. As for his parents, they were originally shocked when they received news that their son had dropped out of his prestigious school and was involving in constant violent activities. However, after a while, his father seemed to stop caring about the whole matter and no longer even tried to contact Daisuke. Daisuke believes it's because his old man had just given up on him.

LEVEL: ??
Mental Link:

Mental Link is a Mental ability similar to telepathy. The user can create a link between his and a target individual’s mind, allowing for transfer of information between the two people. The link is a two-way bridge controlled by the user, allowing him to read the target’s mind or send the target information at his discretion. The link is not necessarily mutually accessed as the user can choose to keep the target out of his own mind or only send his own thoughts as he likes. The information sent comes in three forms: words, images, emotions, and a high level user can choose to read or share any combination of these three.

While higher level Mental Link espers may be able to establish long distance links, at Daisuke’s level, he can only create one with physical contact. He must be touching a target to link their minds together and the link will break once physical contact is broken. Though bare skin is optimal, Daisuke can establish a link through clothing, though the layers blur the information. A thick winter coat will generally block the link. Also, the thoughts read and shared are real-time. Daisuke cannot look through memories or access previous knowledge unless the target is actively thinking about it while the link is established. If he touches the person for an instant, he can only receive the information they were thinking about at that instant. Mental Link also cannot be established while the target is unconscious.

Additionally, his control over the information read and shared is rather poor. He is unable to choose what forms of thoughts he reads and instead receives a jumbled mix of words, images, and emotions. What he receives is somewhat arbitrary but generally the stronger thoughts are more prominent. Also, he can choose to block one side of the link, either only reading or sharing information. However, mutual thought transfer synchs the minds up better, allowing for clearer transfer of thoughts.  As a side note, he can only establish a link with one person at a time.

OTHER ABILITIES:
Street-Fighter
Through his history of brawling, Daisuke's become a skilled fighter without any formal martial arts experience. He has gained a innate sense for fighting and a small collection of self-taught techniques. He can take on 5-6 unarmed level 0 thugs with a bit of effort.
Natural Athleticism
Daisuke has a naturally high motor skills. He has a good sense of balance and quick reflexes.
Charismatic Leader
Daisuke's ability for empathy and honourable charisma make him an easy to follow leader. He has a small gang of former delinquent friends who help him out occasionally. They number around a dozen men.
Former Prodigy
Though he now is nearly failing all his courses, Daisuke was once a prodigy. He has the potential to be an exceptional student again... If he'd hit the books for once.
Cooking
Since he lives by himself, he's a pretty decent cook. His specialty is spicy Chinese food.
Compassionate Speaking
His honest, from the heart words have a way of touching someone's heart. His passionate speeches are extra-effective at convincing someone.

CHARACTER THEME: None

PLAYER'S NAME: Sakamoto Daisuke
CHATANGO NAME: zikari8  
RATING: M
FACE CLAIM: Shinagawa Daichi from Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
OTHER CHARACTERS: None
MISC. INFORMATION: None[/b]

Last edited by Sakamoto Daisuke on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:05 pm; edited 4 times in total
Sakamoto Daisuke
Sakamoto Daisuke
Level 2 Mental Link

Back to top Go down

[Esper] Sakamoto Daisuke Empty Re: [Esper] Sakamoto Daisuke

Post  Sakamoto Daisuke Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:52 am

Test Post:
Sakamoto Daisuke
Sakamoto Daisuke
Level 2 Mental Link

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:49 pm

Admittedly it’s been quite a while since I took a proper look at a profile, let alone evaluate it, but this one is still quite a refreshing one. So let’s go for the ride.

I. Nitpicks - Pointers About The Universe

You see, Tokiwadai Middleschool is located in Academy City’s famous School Garden, the place where the precious young maidens of the city live and the exact place no male being should ever set a foot into. Looking at that reputation it is quite obvious that loitering around closely to Tokiwadai is an act impossible to perform, or at least to survive~

Another common mistake you made (not that it is really important, I just feel like mentioning it occasionally) is the fact that you named Judgement as the instance watching over the city’s peace. The true peace keepers however are our good old pals of Anti-Skill, Academy City’s official police force.

II. The History - Questions For More Depth

I left off with Anti-Skill and I think I’ll continue on with them. Daisuke’s actions are those of a criminal, or at least they do cause some trouble, since he’s trying to execute justice on his own, endangering himself and others. I would say Anti-Skill would at least have set their eyes on him, in form of trying to apprehend him, maybe trying to lecture him about how reckless his actions are and all that fuzz. They’re teachers in charge of protecting the students after all.
My request to you is to add some further enlightenment about his relation to the law; how they treat him etc.

Actually how large is the „gang“ that has gathered around him? Just an approximate number of people would be fine here.

III. The Ability - BALANCING!!

First of all, please be aware that that strong focus on street brawling skills automatically means for a potentially low Ability Level, since the scale is required to be kept even.

Keeping what I just said in mind, let’s continue.

For the current Level he should only have the capability to link himself to one person at a time, as the effects are limited to physical contact only anyway. More people would be the next step, afterwards short distance usage and so on~

Furthermore I would like you to lessen the control he has slightly, in terms of choosing what kind of information he’ll receive. Strike that and have him receive any of the other person’s current thoughts as a jumbled mess he first would have to put in order and analyse before actually gaining something from it. Personally I see this as more tasteful and befitting to somebody that is longing to understand others. After all only somebody capable of understanding another person’s thought structure is somebody that could reach full empathy.

And lastly I do wonder if he can also transfer his own thoughts or if he is just limited to reading minds?
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t333-esper-mugino-shizuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakamoto Daisuke Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:13 am

Alright, everything should be in order now.

As for the pointers on the universe:

I sort of meant loitering in the general area around the School Garden. Maybe run into Biribiri at the convenience store or something like that but I guess that's still sort of farfetched. I just removed that part as a whole.

Also, huh... I thought that while Anti-skill was the police force, Judgement still had some authority over little matters like delinquent fights or petty shoplifters while Anti-skill generally handled larger operations. But I guess that makes sense.
Sakamoto Daisuke
Sakamoto Daisuke
Level 2 Mental Link

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:35 pm

Hello there, I'm passing by as a replacement for Iva who's been endlessly busy these days!

Now, colour me very pleasantly surprised, I actually don't have much to say about your character himself beyond what's already been said in the evaluation; he seems like a nice, earnest young man even if his way of going about things is inherently flawed. The last paragraph of your history also shows potential character plot development later in the RP.

However, this is an RPing board so there's two things I need to mention and elaborate on for the sake of everyone getting along.

Firstly is that we keep a balance between the stats of intelligence, strength, and ability. This balance is to avoid all-around characters that have basically no flaw, so we usually request proper focus on only one of those stats. Now I do see your character was once a former prodigy, which puts focus on intelligence, but has lost that focus and is now more oriented towards strength with an ability only as a means of support.

So while there's no balancing problems with Daisuke, I however do want to warn you to keep a look out for that balance as you RP; sometimes in the midst of events people tend to assign stats not befitting of the character at all.

Do keep that in mind and we're all clear with his current stats, especially seeing how he's not good at strategic thinking. Razz

Now, secondly I want to address the ability. By itself there's nothing wrong with it as far as I can see, but due to a lot of our characters having hidden backstory or parts of it, guilty as charged, I would like to clarify something.

I do know by your paragraph that Daisuke doesn't choose what he receives and what he receives can be a mess, but for clarification's sake I want to ask if what he reads is the person's current thoughts and emotions or a truly arbitrary thought in their mind such as a memory in whatever form it's delivered? Could he read a backstory without the person actively thinking about it?

Spoiler:

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t81-esper-misaka-mikoto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakamoto Daisuke Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:03 pm

Daisuke can only read current active thoughts. No memory diving or any of that.

I should also probably include that it doesn't work on unconscious people. So no dream diving either.
Sakamoto Daisuke
Sakamoto Daisuke
Level 2 Mental Link

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:16 pm

OK, no risks of character backstory leaking out, so we're good there. In the event there's such a risk, do make sure that the owner is all right with him reading and whether you're allowed to write out the backstory part or not.

With that, assuming you've kept my comment on stats in mind, I hereby declare you:

Approved
Level 2 Mental Link
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum