Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[SS] Hazy Silhouette

+4
Sir Alexander Beathen
Erin Lightheart
Albrekka Starbright
Tougane Masaru
8 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

[SS] Hazy Silhouette - Page 2 Empty Re: [SS] Hazy Silhouette

Post  Leivinia Birdway Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:43 am

«You sure are confident, Fool. Simply walking into the back alleys of a town where a rather aggressive vampire is said to lurk around. Not to forget all the other people that hardly seem like avoiding violence is anything they show even the remote hint of skill at.»

Birdway’s thoughts shot into an entirely different direction than the case, or rather she didn’t even wish to give any talk about that, was it none of her business. For all she cared there were different matters more important. However it still made her grin over both ears.

«You might be betting right, though, Fool. People never find anything out in the open. Mysteries are mysteries after all. Many of those imbeciles, however, are unable to grasp this. Probably because of their own naivety or simply because they hate the idea of diving into the more scary parts of the world. I wonder, though, what is that you will stumble across while searching? What if you just accidentally run into the culprit? Think you can fight back against a monstrous fiend, that actually makes the world camp together even though they were at their own throats just a moment before, with some unforeseen trump card? Or are you just planning to flail your arms, hoping to chase them off somehow~?»

It was the same as before. She could speak with all calm in the world, while easily mocking the person she was tagging along with. The day was ending and the things she spoke of did hold some meaning for many of the people on the streets. Whitby, if not before, had now become one of those dangerous places, you’d never leave off into alone in the dark.

«Also, I didn’t get your name wrong~ Fool is a nickname I’ve given you~, believing it’s one that’d suit you quite well. Of course you wouldn't understand right away, but that’s fine. I wouldn’t expect anything else from you, Fool~»

⭐︎☆☆⭐︎

The faceless police officer did not react to the obvious signs of tension welling up from the knight group’s leader. Yes, it wasn’t that surprising that this one knew quite well with whom he was conversing, was this the exact kind of information that’d truly matter in a heavily political situation like the Whitby Incident.

«No, we hadn't heard a word about you being here. Man, those higher-ups really need to get their stuff in gear, huh? Factional disputes are one thing, but it's a real pain if their squabbles end up affecting us on the ground, you know what I mean?»

«At times it can be excused that there are a few blockheaded ruffians having the standard procedure slip their minds.»

Casually using his own sharp tongue he pushed the blame back onto the knights, that so far hadn’t been the brightest in the realm of their own work. After all there had never been need for anyone to communicate the strategies the Anglican Church would make use of in any large and public incident. One could quite well name this «common knowledge», at least from their view point.

There was hardly anything about that man that could be read, was neither his face visible, nor any other indication given by his body posture or movements he made. In fact it kind of felt like he was such a blurry existence that no glance would ever fully cover him. The perfect negotiator.

«The things the local police was able to figure out? An interesting thought from you, gentlemen knights. However I must disappoint you. Or maybe this is actually the kind of information you are searching for. The local police was of less use than we expected. You see, they have attempted to gather evidence at the sights, took all kinds of samples. But what are they worth if it takes a few days or weeks to even analyse them? Especially if it can be assumed that the culprit is someone who might not be registered in any file or database. It’s strange, but we believe that the possibility of the data we need being held by any database is zero. Not to forget that they might not even have left a single trace to begin with.»

Surprisingly enough the man still revealed himself to be quite talkative. Was it really right of him to give his enemies the information they needed? Could it be that what he was delivering was a fake or decoy?

«If it helps you, we already went much farther than the local police. It’s typical for ordinary people to fail if compared to experts. Something you should be aware off yourself. So why didn’t you try to approach us from the beginning, I wonder. Oh, never mind.»

A smirk. That was the only noticeable expression of anything.

«You want something to work with, don’t you? Then listen to this simple theory: The Vampire of Whitby might actually be a real one.»
Leivinia Birdway
Leivinia Birdway
Regnum771

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t431-magician-leivinia-birdw

Back to top Go down

Post  Albrekka Starbright Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:15 am

"Just let us hope we can make it before the actual night falls…"

"Yes..." His expression was rather worrisome as he said it, turning back to Mark, repositioning the purse over his shoulder to remain comfortable, ready to hit the streets again.

"You there, freeze."

That was, of course, not something that would happen without difficulty.  Though Mark's expression throughout this whole ordeal has been of worry, it had become worse; a sign of dread.

"Won’t you filthy heretics ever learn some manners? Gazing at a pure maiden with those impure eyes. I should…ah, forget it. Just. Don’t. Give. Me. That. Stare."

Albrekka frowned for a moment, though it was less about the comment and more that, for now, this is how things had to be.  But...

"You do not have to worry. Right now, I do not hold any ill intentions towards you. All there is is left to my imagination alone, unfortunately. Stabbing your eyes our, cutting your throats open, ripping your fingers and toes out and pinning them onto a wall with rusty nails, making you experience the sensation of your flesh burning, it turning to ashes slowly bit by bit, your screams, your deserved suffering. I would love to see that, in the name of the Lord I cannot lie. But I won’t.  You are looking for a lost child, right? I might be able to help you with that~.  After all: Both of our sides do not have the possibility of a better choice…so would you listen to my request?"

..as the nun explained herself, it was obvious of her actual intentions, though hidden behind threatening words.  For someone with the title of executioner, it wasn't too surprising that it would be hard to keep appearances in this situation, so he couldn't wholly blame her.  Albrekka's expression lightened; perhaps something better than the worst case scenario could be had here.

Still, at this point, it was rather clear that both the man and the nun were both magicians.  More than likely the man outside was one as well.  But then, what did that make the girl they were looking for?  But, for now...

"I think that's fine; the more eyes, the better." Albrekka smiles a bit to that.  "I imagine you can't be there for very long though; I'm sure you want to see those children home.  We should hurry."  With that, he would pat Mark on the shoulder and move to leave the store.  It was clear that he didn't want to waste any time to find this 'Lemberta' and the nun made them an offer; to him, the situation was sorted.

"...they really like to stay in character, don't they?"  The man behind the counter would look up to the three talking, mumbling to himself.
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Leivinia Birdway Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:11 am

[SS] Hazy Silhouette - Page 2 Qas7ue4o
«Wait. I believe that her request is somewhat linked to this place, or rather to the people here.»

It had been a while since Mark assumed a stance that was more of the initiative kind, however the situation had called for it. With an expression that was neither too serious nor too agitated, he actually revealed himself to be somewhat calmer than expected, as well as perceptive.

«It’s related to those children over there, isn’t it?»

The pure nun replied with a faint nod, not breaking out of the loop of orderly behaviour.

«Those children, they never had a choice. They are orphans from a local orphanage. However with the arrival of various groups their orphanage became quite endangered. It’s not just the prospect of this town turning into a war zone, as many secretly desire, but there are also certain individuals affiliated with organisations like the Portuguese Markets.»

«Nobody actually cared for them; children much like any other kind of civilian is expendable in the eyes of the larger organisations. This goes for the leader of the group I belong to as well as for those filthy Anglican heretics. Neither of them would take the children in, just because they saw them as a burden. I can understand that we can’t, but why this town’s church as well? Is that how little lives weigh for that godless impure scum?»

The way that nun spoke was filled with bitterness and grudges. She must have understood the darkness welling in this world, while still not talking ill about her side that much.

Mark pondered for a moment, his expression gaining a hint of worry, as if he understood.

«All I want from you is to find someone to take care of those children, if it isn’t you maybe an ally of yours. I can at least see that you belong to a larger structure, so you might have those means. However, let me be honest, I can’t offer you much.»

The worry in the nun’s voice also grew visible. It seemed as if she was concerned quite a bit over the fact that she couldn’t offer sufficient compensation.

«The only thing I can offer to you is information, since my hands are tied. I can neither tag along with you nor stay with those children for much longer. My comrades are already awaiting my return. I think I have even made myself eligible for punishment long since.»

«I see. You are in quite a tight spot if I may say so. However I can’t promise anything right now. I have a comrade waiting on the outside who could take temporary care of the children, but until we complete our ordeal, I cannot promise you anything beyond that. Once we have found the one we are looking for, however, I promise you that I will ensure the children will be brought to safety. This isn’t just a matter of business.»

Again Mark Space was the one to speak, making it clear that he held a human heart that had not yet grown cold from the darknesses of this world. He hid the fact that this could very well cost him his own head in the organisation if his boss caught wind of him making agreements with enemy parties behind her back, but that’d be left for another day. Underestimating her wrath was just his type of naivety.

«Understood. I see no dishonesty in you, at least. I would call this acceptable.»

Another nod, the disappearance of hostility.

«You are looking for a lost child? To be honest, I would check with the market scum first. They’d lick their fingers over getting their hands on innocent flesh and they know how to use this kind of situation, looking at their impure stance of coming to this place just for using the heavy air and confusion as a distraction for their own sinful desires.»

Human trafficking was a severe issue the Magic World held. In Europe there was a bunch of organisations often referred to as the Portuguese Markets, who would involve themselves in the trade of human lives. Their usual group of customers being Magicians in need for materials for certain rituals; one of the world’s many dark aspects. It was only logical that such vicious group would find a way to draw out the best from an incident like this.

«However that would just fit the worst case. Maybe she simply got caught up at a museum or a library. Those impure heretics went as far as to build one to dignify Dracula. A place high on our purge list. It’s said to be popular with tourists, filthy scum. But maybe you’ll be lucky there.»

«And if not for that. There is a police man walking around town. I think his name was Paul Oldturf, he lead me and the children to this store, a good man even for an impure heretic. If the Lord’s hand is kind, he might lead you towards him. From what I can tell, he keeps quite well an eye on the events occuring in this town, especially to the small ones, a rare sigh these days. He might be close by to the library. I told him that he might find something or someone related to what he is looking for there.»
Leivinia Birdway
Leivinia Birdway
Regnum771

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:34 am

«At times it can be excused that there are a few blockheaded ruffians having the standard procedure slip their minds.»

Wisely choosing to ignore that quip, Moore waited for the magician to continue. Even if he wanted to parry that, there was little point to fixating on it. They had exchanged blows, and that was enough. The real meat was what would come next.

«The things the local police was able to figure out? An interesting thought from you, gentlemen knights. However I must disappoint you. Or maybe this is actually the kind of information you are searching for. The local police was of less use than we expected. You see, they have attempted to gather evidence at the sights, took all kinds of samples. But what are they worth if it takes a few days or weeks to even analyse them? Especially if it can be assumed that the culprit is someone who might not be registered in any file or database. It’s strange, but we believe that the possibility of the data we need being held by any database is zero. Not to forget that they might not even have left a single trace to begin with. If it helps you, we already went much farther than the local police. It’s typical for ordinary people to fail if compared to experts. Something you should be aware off yourself. So why didn’t you try to approach us from the beginning, I wonder. Oh, never mind.»

The magician was quite talkative, for someone so mysterious. Though it might just be that that contrast was an effect he had expressly engineered, rather than a legitimate quirk of his. That strange friendliness paired with his lack of an identity had a strange synergy to them, so it wasn't completely out of the question. But what he said was of little substance. Though he used many words, it all amounted to one thing: they had found nothing. It didn't even matter whether it was true or not, since in the event that it was false, they would have already taken measures to ensure that the knights didn't stumble upon the truth they'd stashed away. He still found this preferable to being fed false info, however, which he would have had to keep in mind as he acted, never being certain what parts were true, if any.

«You want something to work with, don’t you? Then listen to this simple theory: The Vampire of Whitby might actually be a real one.»

"Oh? And why do you think that?" he said, in mock interest.

It was a topic that the magician had brought up, so Moore was certain it'd be a pack of lies, or something similarly useless. But if he could just say that, then things wouldn't nearly be as complicated. And additionally, despite himself, the phrase 'vampire' had caught his ear. He was curious now, so he'd hear him out, even knowing there was no point in doing so. If nothing else, it'd make for a topic of conversation later on.
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t486-magician-vita-vesta-ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:52 pm

"You sure are confident, Fool. Simply walking into the back alleys of a town where a rather aggressive vampire is said to lurk around. Not to forget all the other people that hardly seem like avoiding violence is anything they show even the remote hint of skill at."

"You might be betting right, though, Fool. People never find anything out in the open. Mysteries are mysteries after all. Many of those imbeciles, however, are unable to grasp this. Probably because of their own naivety or simply because they hate the idea of diving into the more scary parts of the world. I wonder, though, what is that you will stumble across while searching? What if you just accidentally run into the culprit? Think you can fight back against a monstrous fiend, that actually makes the world camp together even though they were at their own throats just a moment before, with some unforeseen trump card? Or are you just planning to flail your arms, hoping to chase them off somehow~?"

Erin maintained her professionalism in the face of this onslaught, not showing much if any kind of reaction to her companion's aggressive words. Once this part was done, she looked ahead with confidence and continued onward.

"If one were to always stay home and never do anything because there's the possibility of bad things happening, then evil would have already conquered us. It's those few who acknowledge their fear and set out to do the right thing despite it who end up making a difference in the end. Aside from that, if this rumored vampire were truly so dangerous as to desire to slaughter every curious or unfortunate person, there would be far more victims by now, and a being of such unparalleled power and killing intent would have no need to hide itself."

"Also, I didn’t get your name wrong~ Fool is a nickname I’ve given you~, believing it’s one that’d suit you quite well. Of course you wouldn't understand right away, but that’s fine. I wouldn’t expect anything else from you, Fool~"

So, that was how it was going to be. Erin had hoped this Birdway would be more honest and open up some more, but that response all but ended the hope of that ever happening. The further from open human activity they got, the closer to some clues they would be.

"Oh? I see."
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Alexander Beathen Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:30 pm

«Paul Oldturf isn’t here. To be honest, we do not know his current whereabouts, either. From what I heard he went out on patrol, but that had been a while ago. I’m sorry to disappoint you.»

Those words had already set off alarm bells within Alexander's mind. A growing tense situation among a police force which is powerless and a bobby who follows orders or has given up would be at their station here tonight. There was no doubt in Alexander's mind that they didn't know where he was at this moment of time that Paul Oldturf hadn't given up.

And he was someone he had to get on their side without question.

And that belief was only affirmed when someone fishy had come around the corner. The man who wore clothes like other police officers his only trait being his facelessness and rudeness to wear a hat indoors. The way he acted, how he composed and this man's undeniable aura.

"A magician." Alexander had thought looking oddly calm and casual towards this new person. He showed no signs of aggression or frustration he had looked at this faceless man just as he would look at any other. But beyond that calm exterior Alexander's eyes was rather focused and rather dignified in comparison to his leader beside him. He had no doubt in his mind a rather complicated exchange is about to take place between one and the other.

«Sooooo~ What have you come here for? What can I do for you?» That faceless officer had asked while politely but filled with a passive aggressive tone there was a real fear that anything said to the knights would be something with the goal of sabotage.

But this was just the reality.

The Knights and the Church are no true friends, despite how sad that fact may be to Alexander. Two groups who should work together in the best interests of this country often play the game of one-upping the other. Alexander would be honest with himself he had no interest in this game and was far more concerned about the protection of this town against a rumour of a vampire.

That is why when Henry Moore had ordered Alexander to stay out of this conversation the golden-haired knight was oddly pleased. He didn't show it though his expression remained unchanging and just stood there listening to the entire conversation often turning his gaze to Henry and this faceless man.

It was clear from the exchange that Henry Moore was no fool, but he was also not a negotiator, unlike this faceless man. But this conversation was starting to annoy the golden haired knight, the jibs, the prolonged conversation without saying much of real value other than the poor team work between the Church and Knights.

It felt like that no matter what this faceless man knew it had no substance to the current situation. And what he said next only confirmed what he felt.

«You want something to work with, don’t you? Then listen to this simple theory: The Vampire of Whitby might actually be a real one.» The church

"Oh? And why do you think that? Moore said, and this was the moment to speak up. He would have to apologise to Moore later about interrupting this conversation and will accept any punishment that came his way, but he had to speak up.

"I apologise for speaking out Sir Moore, but there is something I need to say towards our... friend here. Alexander said who remained oddly casual in his speech. "As much as we like to get back to theory crafting we all should be treating these rumours as a real possibility. And not just stand here saying a lot of words that add to nothing other than clearly delaying us from what matters here and that's finding out if this vampire is real or not. And I see from you being here you had come to make sure unnecessary people don't get involved. But why does it feel like you either delaying us or trying to claw any information we may have on the situation? Shouldn't you focus on the fact there are other factions out and about not even belonging to this country? Sure I understand when it comes to the Church it's mostly a give and take, but if we're not careful here we risk allowing foreign powers get ahead of us and I think that's a problem neither of us can afford here. " Alexander said who stepped slighty back symbolising he was almost at the end of his interruption.

"And more so we have an issue. If you clearly was sent here to stop them getting involved than what about the one called Paul? He's wandering about out there clearly not have given up after his entire department been frozen out and undettered by all these recent deaths. He either is the most foolish police officer is this country or he is on to something. Something that we have overlooked and I rather get him on our side and in our protection before anyone else out there gets to him. Vampire or otherwise." Alexander said making an educating guess on that final point. It was strange that despite this faceless man having control over the entire police force he has lost track of this one guy. Which only meant to Alexander that this Paul was still chasing a lead and even if it leads to nothing its best to find him to make sure there is no loose ends.
Sir Alexander Beathen
Sir Alexander Beathen
Elisium928

Back to top Go down

Post  Leivinia Birdway Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:37 pm

Faced with the sudden interruption from the other knight’s side, an amused chuckle escaped the faceless man, taking up at least some strength to push backward for the sake of restraining himself. Once he had, it became imminent that his glance had shifted focus.
One was greeted with attention, the other fell into ignorance.

«Delaying you? Risking that foreign powers might get ahead of us? You surely lack understanding mister knight, or maybe it’s just perspective. Mh, to you honourable folks it may actually really seem like that, but to us - who are used to this kind of procedure - it’s actually far from a risk! If at all it’d be a blessing!»

Unable to suppress the urge to chuckle any longer, a hint of devious intent surfaced from his monologue.

«I said it before, didn’t I? This might very well be a real vampire, so as long as we can slay it before anyone else, there’s no need to mind someone breaking away from us. They’ll just fall one way or another. At least that way they’ll serve us a purpose~!»

This went for each and every single one of the outside parties. The Roman Catholic Church, the various Magic Cabals and the Knights of England as well. This was as simple things were from the viewpoint of the Anglican Church. Necessarius had never desired the commitment of heroic acts, in fact they were the last group that’d actually bother applying the concept honour onto their own actions. To them, all that mattered was claiming the kill, proving superiority in what was their own trade. And a vampire surely would make a great boastful trophy.

Finally the faceless man had presented a single emotion, a single characteristic, one that became so obvious and easily recognisable how could those two have overlooked it, was it just that utterly familiar to them?

«As for Oldtruf. What can he do? Do you really believe someone like that could rival a professional? Please. All he could do better than us is dying. And he will, mark my words.»

Pride.

⭐︎☆☆⭐︎

A grin was proof enough that the responses of the one she had designated «Fool» were to Leivinia Birdway’s delight. However she would not simply reveal it to her company what exactly made it so delightful a thing. In fact, Birdway was one of the rare people that despised being understood or read by others more than anything. To her remaining mysterious like a stage magician’s tricks was of the greatest importance. It gave her a sheer amount of superiority after all.

«Oh, vampires do actually exist. We may have never seen any and we may never actually do so, but that doesn’t change the fact that they are still a truth of this world. The descendants of Cain, luring somewhere in the haze. Not daring, not brave, cowardly. But well, who wouldn’t enjoy their own peace as an immortal being disturbed by the foolish creatures the humans are? One can only imagine the world’s reaction to such an existence. Actually it is the very thing you are seeing right now. All of Whitby can be taken as a perfect example for it~»

There was a pleased ring to her description. Did she enjoy talking that much or was it just that she actually felt the importance lingering in her own words? In truth it was just fascination over how simple the humans minds’ workings were, even with all they claimed to be.

«Each and every little bug is drawn towards the light, greedy for whatever desire they believe to be seeing in this immortal, almighty existence, not knowing that being burned to a crisp is all there waits ahead for them.»

Over time the presence of human activity grew dimmer and dimmer, contrasting the ever thicker haze. The farther away they moved from the broad people filled streets, the deeper they dove into the dark, narrow alleys.

«Now, what might happen if there was actually a blind bug mixed in, one unfamiliar to the sensation that is light?»
Leivinia Birdway
Leivinia Birdway
Regnum771

Back to top Go down

Post  Albrekka Starbright Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:47 am

Albrekka was certainly ready to move forward with eight eyes instead of six, but...

"Wait. I believe that her request is somewhat linked to this place, or rather to the people here."

A rather strange point.  Was the request not to help them?  Perhaps Mark knew this woman more than he knew.  With that, he would stay, turning back to face them to listen.

"..I see." The word that child traders were in town was certainly one of his fears; it seemed almost stupid for them to try, but it was possible.  "Thanks for sharing this with us." He would make a slight bow towards the nun, as an offering of thanks.  "...If you can offer shelter, that would help; I don't particularly have the finances or lodgings to shelter them.  Wish I did."  His faith in Mark seemed rather clear.  "I'll explain it to the children; I'm sure you need to return quickly."  He would nod in the nun's direction, leaving the two to their own devices.

Some of the children were certainly tired, though most were still playing, running about with whatever they could get their hands on.  Some were even fighting for a toy or two; it was only natural.  "Eh?"  One of the children had noticed Albrekka's approach, his tone was not entirely pleasant.  "Whaddaya want, board girl?"  Yes, certainly not all that pleasant.  "Someone's willing to take you guys in for the night." Albrekka's tone changed, perhaps to suit the situation? "Oh?  Guess she said she couldn't.  So you're taking us in?"  The boy would hop off his seat and look him over. "...you certainly don't live around here.  Its not some crappy hotel room or something, is it...?"  The boy would frown, clearly not liking the sound of it.  "Nah, nothing like that.  A friend of mine, he has a nice place."  With that, a few of the other children sounded interested.  "Well, that's more like it!  Alright guys, we're getting out of here!"  The other children stopped playing, looking at him with a rather deadpan stare.  "...who died and called you leader, Ben?"  He would look back and outside; hopefully Mark could sort things out with his friend as he got the children ready to go.
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Leivinia Birdway Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:35 am

Mark only nodded when the green haired lady announced her intentions. The nun by his side gave no reaction in particular, however that as well could have been interpreted as her giving her agreement. With things like that, all sides could feel at least a little relief over what had grown from this sudden meeting.

Taking the nun along with him to the outsides of the store, to meet with the comrade that was still playing guard, Mark did not wish to waste any time any longer. Quickly summarising all there was to explain about this situation, he made sure to only stick to the most important and convincing details.

«Thus, I’d like you to take care of those children. Bring them to a place where you think it is the safest and call in someone to keep you company while you bring them there. That way we can make sure that everything comes to a happy end.»

«But what about the boss?»

«Don’t worry. Don’t worry. I’ll take care of that…»

«That’s hardly convincing.»

Being faced with his comrade’s blunt reaction, Mark could also feel a piercing gaze digging into him from the side. Hurriedly he turned towards the nun, throwing a nervous smile her way.

«Don’t worry, that is just how things go on our side. Don’t worry, miss. I will take care of everything, just as I said. I said don’t worry! Wh-why are you still giving me this glance?!»

The pure nun did not seem in the mood for slacking around, so she finally turned away from the two, to push open the door moving back into the store first. The other two gave each other a short nod and then followed suit.

There was not much conversation to begin with. Neither of them gave each other a word about any plans, movements within their group or anything of the sort. Nobody with at least a hint of decency in their mind would be foolish enough to give out strategically valuable information in front of an enemy; no matter if temporary allies or not.

Having taken the lead, the pure nun would arrive first at where the children and the green haired girl remained. Simply walking past said girl the nun knelt before the centre of the orphans’ group, mustering the unusual expression of a smile. Strangely enough, no matter how unexpected it may have been, this softly friendly demeanour fit her perfectly well.

«It’s time for aunty Franceska to leave. The Lord’s call demands it. Please stay strong you lot and don’t let yourselves be eaten by the vampire! Ah, and don’t forget, the Lord will always be by your side, as long as you live a life of purity!»

Speaking softly she moved her hand to caress some of the children’s heads, giving them one final trace of her protective warmth. Even to Mark the sight of the nun Franceska imparting her goodbyes on the children felt at least somewhat heart warming, no matter how nervous her presence would make him.

However just as he felt that way, his mind also returned back to what his reason for movement was. Even if putting this into relation with that would likely cost him his head all over again. Oh suicidal Mark Space.

«I believe we should get going as well, miss. Time is not with us after all.»

Casting a final glance towards the group of children, a nun and another man in the black formal suit, he bowed before them just a single time, stealing the mannerism of a certain far east culture, before finding a few words departure.

«Miss Franceska, you can trust us in this matter, as much as we trust what you gave us. I hope we will meet like this again. Truly, I would prefer that.»

In the end Mark Space was not the type of man to enjoy a clash on the field of battle over a conversation in the calm of the evening.

«Mh. Even for the impure heretics you are. I do hope that the Lord will be with you.»

And that was all.

In the next moment both Mark and his company found themselves back outside, retuning to the small town’s hazy streets. Night had fallen. A signal for them to move quickly. Yet where would their legs lead them? He’d leave deciding that to his company.
Leivinia Birdway
Leivinia Birdway
Regnum771

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:38 pm

Erin suddenly stopped in her tracks and turned to face Birdway with a grim expression. She looked at her notepad and recited from it flawlessly:

"You sure are confident, Fool. Simply walking into the back alleys of a town where a rather aggressive vampire is said to lurk around."

Then she flipped to the current page.

" The descendants of Cain, luring somewhere in the haze. Not daring, not brave, cowardly."

With that she lowered the notebook and continued looking at Birdway, directly into her eyes in an attempt to see if any sort of emotion or reaction could be observed from within. She began to speak with a tone that was clearly different from what she had used previously. It wasn't born of anger, but rather disappointment and sadness.

"Miss Birdway...it was already enough that you approached me unprovoked and began to insult and taunt me relentlessly, calling me names even when I did my best to treat you with kindness and respect. Now you're giving me blatantly contradictory and misleading information while continuing to taunt me for not already knowing every single thing there is to know before even getting started. A more cynical person would look upon these actions as being guided by a desire to see me fail or even be killed. I had hoped that we could be friends thanks to this journey, that maybe once you had gotten used to me, the insults and namecalling would cease. Instead, they continue to get worse. Please try to prove my more cynical side wrong...or is your intention really to see me fail and be killed? If it is not, I have enough remaining faith in you to prove those doubts wrong. If you are as great as you act, then surely calming the fears of a nobody such as myself is within your power? Or was the plan from the start to make me fail and then prove your greatness by swooping in to save the day and make me impressed with how amazing you are?"

Awaiting an answer, she continued to look directly at Birdway. What she said next would determine her next course of action.
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:18 am

"I apologise for speaking out Sir Moore, but there is something I need to say towards our... friend here.

At Beathen's interruption, Moore turned his head slightly and glanced at him from the corner of his vision. But he didn't stop him. He was going against orders, and it was entirely possible that in his inexperience, he might damage the situation beyond belief. But since Beathen, of all people, had gone against his orders, he thought it was worth waiting to see if he'd thought of something worthwhile. If it turned out he was just running his mouth or what he said to say was nothing of actual value, however, there'd be a fitting punishment later.

"As much as we like to get back to theory crafting we all should be treating these rumours as a real possibility. And not just stand here saying a lot of words that add to nothing other than clearly delaying us from what matters here and that's finding out if this vampire is real or not. And I see from you being here you had come to make sure unnecessary people don't get involved. But why does it feel like you either delaying us or trying to claw any information we may have on the situation? Shouldn't you focus on the fact there are other factions out and about not even belonging to this country? Sure I understand when it comes to the Church it's mostly a give and take, but if we're not careful here we risk allowing foreign powers get ahead of us and I think that's a problem neither of us can afford here."

It was a bold declaration. Too much so, in fact. What mattered was not the content, but the presentation. Saying the church was screwing things up was fine, no matter how you worded it. But when it came to assertations of sabotage, there was a need for subtlety. After all, even if only on the surface, they were still allies. If he was going to voice such a thing, he shouldn't have done it such a straightforward manner. And from the very beginning, if he'd realized such a thing it would have been better to make their exit quickly instead of confronting their 'ally' with accusations of sabotage.

"And more so we have an issue. If you clearly was sent here to stop them getting involved than what about the one called Paul? He's wandering about out there clearly not have given up after his entire department been frozen out and undettered by all these recent deaths. He either is the most foolish police officer is this country or he is on to something. Something that we have overlooked and I rather get him on our side and in our protection before anyone else out there gets to him. Vampire or otherwise."

As he listened to Beathen finish, Moore's opinion was finalized. He'd done well to speak up, this was definitely a matter that warranted bending orders some. But the execution was lacking. Though it wouldn't be anything especially harsh, it seemed he'd have to reprimand him later after all.

«Delaying you? Risking that foreign powers might get ahead of us? You surely lack understanding mister knight, or maybe it’s just perspective. Mh, to you honourable folks it may actually really seem like that, but to us - who are used to this kind of procedure - it’s actually far from a risk! If at all it’d be a blessing! I said it before, didn’t I? This might very well be a real vampire, so as long as we can slay it before anyone else, there’s no need to mind someone breaking away from us. They’ll just fall one way or another. At least that way they’ll serve us a purpose~! As for Oldtruf. What can he do? Do you really believe someone like that could rival a professional? Please. All he could do better than us is dying. And he will, mark my words.»

Contrary to the magician's words, such a strategy was not actually that unfamiliar to him. No matter what the other factions, they were still in the knights' territory. They had the perfect justification to confiscate anything they acquired, whether it be mere information or something more tangible. Those foreign powers may have come here knowing that, and they surely had various plans in place to avoid that, but Moore would simply have to suppress those schemes by force. They wouldn't just let those intruders do as they wished; they'd have to pay a steep tax for the privilege of being overlooked.

But be that as it may, Moore's eyes took on a still sharper glint in response to the magician's plan. He held no mercy towards those outsiders who didn't give a whit for this country, and were only here for their own gain. But Oldturf was a citizen of this town. He was undoubtedly a victim, not an aggressor, and someone for them to protect, and not to expel. Regardless of whether or not Beathen was right in thinking that he had stumbled upon something, the magician had made it clear that something was going to befall him sooner rather than later. Moore wasn't the type to be able to just ignore this.

"His ability doesn't matter. Unlike most of the people in this town, he's someone we're obligated to protect."

He callously ignored the magician's pride with his knight's duty. Walking straight past the magician towards the nearest officer whose face he could actually see, Moore addressed him in a tone that would pardon no refusal.

"Call Oldturf back here. If that's impossible, tell me what area he should be in and we'll go find him ourselves." he said, before turning backwards to address his partner instead. "Beathen, I doubt things'll go that easy, so get ready for a work-out."
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

Back to top Go down

Post  Leivinia Birdway Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:15 pm

«I’m sorry, but I can’t allow for you to do this.»

The instance the man that was the knight groups’ leader, Henry Moore, stepped past him something about the faceless police officer slash Magician changed. It was a simple movement he made and the moment all their eyes were on him: he lifted his hand, revealing what was in it.

A collection of marbles made from crystal.

Once all eyes had perceived it, he opened his palm, dropping all those items simultaneously. With a loud clatter they hit the floor and then began rolling into each and every direction. Their spread was not a natural phenomenon, but something truly strange to see. Headed everywhere the dozens of marbles would travel through the area of the entire floor, the entire building and yet avoid any and all exits.

Everything remained frozen. No movements from anyone else. Just the man’s chuckle would resound, however no longer a trace of him.

It was those marbles, their image, their paths, their presence. They had captivated the knights’ heads, conquered their minds and become their foremost and absolute desire.

What were they after? In which direction would they go?

After the marbles! After the marbles!

That was all their heads would tell them.

In folklore there exist many beings. One of those beings is the imp, an existence similar to a fairy. They are said to be childishly mischievous in their nature, often leading astray travellers on foreign grounds, much like this building none of those knights had ever been into. Often are they said to be bound to or contained by objects, like swords or balls of crystal. And that was all there is to say.

«You dumb muscle packed donkeys are not to interfere with our plans, not at this stage. Your stupid ideals and amateurish action shall not ruin the web we have so carefully crafted.»

In the truest sense of the phrase, those two had come astray from everything they had been onto. Their search for Paul Oldturf, their attempt to overthrow Necessarius’ control over the police station and their drive to storm out of this building any moment. For the time the marbles kept escaping everything their minds had been onto that moment, had turned towards one sole objective: The pursuit of the little imps that were the marbles travelling towards any and all corners of this building.

⭐︎☆☆⭐︎

With a click of her tongue, Leivinia Birdway turned her head so that her eyes would directly meet those of Erin Lightheart. There was some severe tension found in her glance the very moment she had casted it. No smile, no grin, no boredom.

«Is that what you think to be seeing? Is that how your mind interpreted my every word and action, going by a misguided hunch of distrust? Is that actually all?»

It could have been rage, it could have been anger, but it was only the disappointment of a child that had just seen one of her favourite toys have a piece break off. Surprisingly Birdway’s expression finally shifted to one much less affected by the words’ harshness. Yet she still didn’t go back to the casual.

«If it reassures you, there would be no gain for me in telling you lies or giving you false information. You’re neither my enemy nor someone I’m competing with. All you are is, hm…what are you?»

Quickly pushing backwards the idea that had just crossed her mind, she quickly tilted her head, burying the embarrassment.

«Also, leading you into death? Why go through such lengths? If I wanted to watch someone die in misery, I’d tag along with anyone else in this town. Be it those knights’ leader, Henry Moore, Enrico Coppolla from the Roman Catholic Church or what was the Anglican’s leader’s name again? Ah, who cares! Even that Paul Oldturf is nothing that outstanding if you actually expend a closer look to him. You on the other hand, with your very own perspective and methods, are somewhat interesting if I might say so. That’s all there is.»

The more she spoke the more carelessly she would drop the names of all the important people involved with the events in Whitby, just for the sake of making her point. A point that quite perfectly described her interests in any kind of scenario. All those people were leaders after all. And someone who actually knew the girl that was Leivinia Birdway, would know perfectly well that she was the kind to analyse the behaviour and decisions of those at the power, looking for something truly interesting and useful. Applying the knowledge she had acquired over past analysis she had easily been able to figure out the roads everyone involved would take, their decisions and what calamities they would be lead to face.

Strangely enough, though, she was going through a lot of ways just for convincing that unimportant Fool.

Either way, finally wearing a grin on her face, her glance wandered to crash into Erin’s back again, hitting with the might of a meteor.

«Just do not ever dare to believe that you hold the right to judge my actions with your mouth, unless you fully understand what I am after. But then again I might actually give you a hint just now, heeding your request for calm…»

Clearly, there was something beyond crushing the other party’s claims in that conversation. Something a whole lot more human buried deep within. Something…actually embarrassing for the great ice-cold adult that grade schooler was claiming to be.

Inhaling a larger portion of air, the blonde readied herself to continue on, as…

…all of a sudden a loud female scream reverberated through the narrow alleys, interrupting both Birdway and every movement of thought.

Somewhere in the alleys a woman was struggling, flailing her arms desperately. Her skin was white as snow, her eyes yellow like those of a cat and her shoulder length black hair that’d usually sit perfectly in a ladylike cut was sprawled randomly. The victorian hat she’d usually wear had dropped next to her and rolled away a few metres. The ends of her black evening dress, that’d leave free both the shoulders and the area above her ample chest, were torn and dirtied, yet only the ends.

Her black underarm length gloves tore slightly as she was struggling to grab anything she could hold onto.

The next shout was cancelled out as the foot pressed against her stomach was exerting even more strength, forcing her to exhale even the last bit of air in her lungs.

Despair was written all over her face as another two men joined her tormentor’s side from the shadows.

They spoke to each other, but she couldn’t fully understand with only her knowledge of Spanish, the only language she knew similar to the one spoken.

And then finally the man with the foot on her stomach would bow towards her, his face revealed by the moonlight.

«Give up the struggle. Enjoy it. We’re gonna have a fun time, before we take you off. I mean tasting the merchandise is the best part about this job!»

A dirty grin on an disgustingly ill looking face. His beard was unshaved, his hair not properly cut, not washed and devoid of all care. There were thick rings of black underneath his empty eyes and even the clothes he wore, while being a formal suit torn at many places worn underneath a shabby poncho, actually added even more to his nasty appeal.

His thick hiker’s boot would dig even deeper into her stomach. He’d keep on until all force was gone, carelessly breaking the resistance.

And while he did, the two shadows from the side would come closing in, slowly, joyously, threateningly.
Leivinia Birdway
Leivinia Birdway
Regnum771

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:55 am

"Is that what you think to be seeing? Is that how your mind interpreted my every word and action, going by a misguided hunch of distrust? Is that actually all?"

"If it reassures you, there would be no gain for me in telling you lies or giving you false information. You’re neither my enemy nor someone I’m competing with. All you are is, hm…what are you?

"Also, leading you into death? Why go through such lengths? If I wanted to watch someone die in misery, I’d tag along with anyone else in this town. Be it those knights’ leader, Henry Moore, Enrico Coppolla from the Roman Catholic Church or what was the Anglican’s leader’s name again? Ah, who cares! Even that Paul Oldturf is nothing that outstanding if you actually expend a closer look to him. You on the other hand, with your very own perspective and methods, are somewhat interesting if I might say so. That’s all there is."

"Just do not ever dare to believe that you hold the right to judge my actions with your mouth, unless you fully understand what I am after. But then again I might actually give you a hint just now, heeding your request for calm…"

Erin's expression on the other hand began to soften somewhat as Birdway pleaded her case and new information came in. Once her companion had allowed her an opening to speak, she took the opportunity to plead her own case, but with a much more caring, maternal tone.

"You desire to be understood. A struggle that couldn't be more human. Many fight for understanding fruitlessly their entire lives, many not even being able to understand themselves in the end despite their efforts. I too wish to be understood and acknowledged...or perhaps accepted. However, there is one key thing I have learned in my short time on this Earth: It is not enough to wish to be understood. It is not something that just happens to you because you covet it. One must communicate and do their best to make yourself understood. If that fails, then the only option is to try again, and again. "

Her blue eyes shimmered like a pair of star sapphires despite the haze as she stared wistfully at the hazy night sky.

"Despite this realization, we all place masks over our true selves, since leaving ourselves vulnerable to exploitation can only end in ruin and the loss of all we hold dear. What i'm saying is...I wish to understand you, Birdway. But our masks are getting in the way. I need your help to understand you. Perhaps then I can help you with what you're doing. Even if it is only for a short time, and kept only between us, is it all right to be honest and to one another?"

Naturally, the following scream disrupted what might have turned into a genuine moment of friendship, but she quietly hoped Birdway would keep what she said in mind even as the mood switched. Erin could be quick on her feet under certain circumstances, and this was indeed one of them. She peered out from behind a corner to discover the horrific scene. She immediately began coming up with multiple plans of action, and taking her own suggestion to heart, she spilled everything to her companion without hesitation, not even if any of them would be laughed off as useless.

"I have a taser, laser light pointer, pepper spray, a can of dark green spray paint, some silver pens, and a cell phone. I was thinking of boldly approaching the hooligans while pretending to be talking on the phone, namedropping one or several of those important people in an effort to scare them a little, make them think those big players are offended by what they're doing. Naturally this isn't a plan that I expect will work by itself, even if it does spook them. While they're at least distracted, would you be able to sneak around to the other side of the alley so we can box them in and they have no room to flee? I can use the pepper spray, laser light pointer, and taser to disorient and confuse them, perhaps even temporarily blinding or paralyzing them in the process. Once their vision is blurred enough, I could spray paint a rock to make it appear to be a grenade and toss it at them as a distraction too. If I can get into a position to strike them, I will aim for their most vulnerable parts, as it will serve them right. Of course, I don't know what you're capable of, so if you have any objections or other ideas, now's the time, but it won't be much time."

Saying all of this quickly while whispering made her wish she brought some bottled water along. Oh well, there was always next time.
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Albrekka Starbright Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:16 am

Some time had passed, Albrekka watching the kids wind down, though some of them weren't too thrilled to be on the move again.  It was then that..  "Ah." The nun had stepped around him to move towards the children.

"It’s time for aunty Franceska to leave. The Lord’s call demands it. Please stay strong you lot and don’t let yourselves be eaten by the vampire! Ah, and don’t forget, the Lord will always be by your side, as long as you live a life of purity!"

Albrekka smiled a bit at the thought.  "...yeah, yeah, and if any come up we'll whack em good.  Sam's got a good swingin' arm..."  Ben gave the nun a thumbs up, probably to ease any concerns she had.  They were children after all, though their respect for her was obvious.  With that, Albrekka moved to step outside, the man who had been tagging with him and Mark moving Albrekka to the side, Mark in tow.

"I believe we should get going as well, miss. Time is not with us after all."  "...Yes."  He was certainly right, though something clearly bothered him.

"Miss Franceska, you can trust us in this matter, as much as we trust what you gave us. I hope we will meet like this again. Truly, I would prefer that."

"Mh. Even for the impure heretics you are. I do hope that the Lord will be with you."

"Stay safe, I'm sure the children would like to see you again."

With that, Albrekka moved to go outside, opening the store door, the cold air sweeping in.  Night had finally come, to their dismay.

"One question, before we move.  I think its obvious now of why we're both here.  Question is...what is the girl you're looking for?  I would suggest making sure she wasn't taken by the men Francesca mentioned, but..." Albrekka would cut himself off, though it was obvious he did not want to pull Mark nor himself into that kind of danger.  It wasn't just the possibility of being outnumbered, it was also the fact that any sudden move could turn the town into a hellscape.  "Any moves that could cause greater tension, we should try to avoid, wouldn't you say? Nothing against you, but I don't personally trust the moral code of many of those here, but people like us and Francesca exist, I am sure we can deal with those types of persons in due time."  And by that, he assuredly meant those who were willing to protect those who needed it.

"Francesca mentioned the police here.  I think we could solve two problems in one if we started with them.  The police here are certainly well aware of the situation, at least in the sense of a serial killer, so they are more alert, for their sakes and others.  They are also privy to some information that I'm looking for, so its a win-win."  He would look to Mark to confirm how he felt.  "Does that sound fine?  Or do you believe there's a faster method of finding your friend?  If so, we can do that first."  It seemed that although he was aware that Mark wasn't telling the whole truth, Albrekka was still willing to help him.  Perhaps he saw something in him, or was he just naive enough to think Mark was that kind of person?
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Leivinia Birdway Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:50 pm

Into the night. Only after a short instance of breaking away, Mark was halted by the question he had been expecting for quite a while now.

«What she is that I’m looking for, heh? There’s no need to worry about that nun’s concerns. If there’s anything to worry about here, it’s the possibility of them running into her foolishly. The trouble that’d cause, I don’t enjoy thinking about it.»

Again he’d shift the centre of the topic, only leaving as much of the truth as he felt ready to; in good will, though.

He was smiling faintly, as he was trying to wash away the disaster he’d be forced to deal with, if those certain someones would make a single wrong step. For some reason when thinking further about it, the Magician in the formal suit with scarf had a really bad feeling in his stomach.

«I agree. That’s why this is such a pressing matter.»

Adding those words with a lot of forced calm, Mark tried to fight off that bad feeling he had, by actually stepping forward a lot quicker. The earlier they’d make it towards a lead, the earlier they might arrive at their goal.

On that note there also stood the girl’s suggestion of approaching the police force, an organ of the officials dealing with everything occurring in the town of Whitby. His smile crumbling even more.

«I wouldn’t advise approaching the police, at least their entirety. Turning towards an officer like that Mr. Oldturf would be smart, however towards the main force might lead to us attracting too much attention. You might not be aware of it, but every part of this city has been corrupted by the occult. The vultures are lurking everywhere, eying for prey cautiously. Also, if I am honest, we are not on best terms with the official forces, either.»

Would it hurt to give out a bit more information? His mind had been sharp enough to deduce that the girl by his side was at least somewhat involved with the Magicians’ world, it had already been made clear a while ago, and he had already understood that she likely wasn’t aligned with any organisation — at least going for those of larger nature. Otherwise she’d have been a whole lot more cautious when facing that executioner and the realisation that Mark belonged to a larger more powerful group himself.

«So for now, we should head towards the direction the nun suggested. I might know a quick route leading there from here.»

Thus he’d politely take the lead, brushing his worries off with an awfully pitiful smile.

«You mentioned that you are after some information? What kind?»

⭐︎☆☆⭐︎

In the end those words were left to stand as they were.

She had never been given the chance to reply, as that sudden scream interrupted everything. But wouldn’t she have simply shrugged them off anyway? She wondered, but then settled on closing this chapter for good. In the end she only knew one thing: Being understood was too simple a desire for her.

As blue hair and hat detective girl Erin took the lead, Birdway only followed slowly, unwillingly.

«Why involve yourself with trouble? Aren’t there more important things?»

She nonchalantly revealed her thoughts all over again, not hiding in the slightest how little she was amused over such reckless action. Then again, for someone who was claiming to be no heroine, she still had taken a curious look around the corner as well.

She saw the three men, the woman on the ground and the terrifying context.

That alone was enough for her to give her reaction a foundation.

«I think that’s just fine. No need to interfere. Only more of a pain in the ass.»

Coldly she rejected the idea of actually doing a good deed, shrugging it off as just another pointless act, similar to walking to the other end of a city instead of taking the bus.

However she’d still be faced with the full brunt of Erin who already had her gears turning, spinning a quite detailed plan on how to save that defenceless woman. Clicking her tongue in annoyance while taking in at least some portion of the tactics, Birdway gave a sigh only at the end of the speech.

«Look. I don’t mean to disappoint you, but your plan is not cut out for this kind of situation, Fool. Those three are far from your normal thugs. Just looking at the symbolism they are expressing through their clothing, they are openly revealing themselves to be expert Magicians. And not even ones on the lower street thug level. Judging from what they said and the language they are speaking, I’d say they’re involved with the Portuguese Market. Human traffickers, slave traders, hunters. They wouldn’t worry about the authorities even if they’d turn the corner right about now. It’s probably a mixture of both arrogance and stupidity, but they’d actually believe they would stand a chance or at least that they have the right to do what they are doing. After all that’s why they came here to begin with. Using the commotion to steal away many human lives for their lowly purposes, showing the world’s authorities their fingers, knowing fully well that nobody would wish to afford a fight breaking out. Truly a cheap mindset, but it still shows some efficiency. Makes you wonder if those rats do not have deeper ties running to the incidents.»

Falling into a speaking frenzy, Leivinia Birdway committed the careless act of not lowering her voice, even though the main topic was awaiting right around the corner.

«Initially your little strategy might work, but that’d only stall them for a moment, not for longer. Once they snap out of it, they will mercilessly knock you to the ground and add you to their stock, or maybe they’ll just kill you. In comparison to them you are just a defenceless little lamb, aren’t you?»

Casting another glance towards the desperate a diabolic grin grew on her lips.

«But if you really do wish to do something, I guess I’ll do you the favour. You’ve been quite entertaining after all and I don’t wish for my toy to break just yet. So watch and learn~»

With a joyous ring to her voice — the premonition of what seemed to be stupid action — the girl in the piano like attire stepped around the corner, approaching the three men and their victim nonchalantly.

«Good evening, gentlemen~!»

Underlining her demeanour she was even waving her hand tauntingly.
Leivinia Birdway
Leivinia Birdway
Regnum771

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Alexander Beathen Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:52 pm

«Delaying you? Risking that foreign powers might get ahead of us? You surely lack understanding mister knight, or maybe it’s just perspective. Mh, to you honourable folks it may actually really seem like that, but to us - who are used to this kind of procedure - it’s actually far from a risk! If at all it’d be a blessing! I said it before, didn’t I? This might very well be a real vampire, so as long as we can slay it before anyone else, there’s no need to mind someone breaking away from us. They’ll just fall one way or another. At least that way they’ll serve us a purpose~! As for Oldtruf. What can he do? Do you really believe someone like that could rival a professional? Please. All he could do better than us is dying. And he will, mark my words.»

The magician's words had only confirmed the golden haired knight's concerns. There was more to this than simply leaving no loose ends. Alexander doesn't believe the church is willing just to kill people without good reason, for sport or just cruelty? Maybe but another death would only bring up unnecessary attention. And besides it's the wits of the ordinary folk that comes through the end of the day. It explains how they managed to live in the same world filled with knights, magicians and whatever else is out in the world.

Though the magician in his sense of pride had only further proved that he's, in fact, worth less than this Paul Oldtruf, just think about it an ordinary cop who isn't a professional to this guys standards was able to stay out of this magician's reach?. He doesn't even know where Oldtruf is let alone taking him out. This was a perfect moment to destroy this magician's pride but now isn't the right time.

Alexander had already made a crude attempt to get answers from this guy without him seemingly wasting more time. Sure he slightly messed up, and it was crude, but with people who seem so careful in what they say are mostly likely to stumble when directly confronted. Either way, this guy seemed perfect at not giving his game away except a few glances here and there.

So, either way, it wasn't likely Alexander was going to get what he wanted without himself stumbling at the same time. But he did get what he wanted and this magician's faceless facade broke enough for him to get an idea of his intention. But still he has much to learn, and this conversation was just one step further in gaining that experience.

"His ability doesn't matter. Unlike most of the people in this town, he's someone we're obligated to protect. Call Oldturf back here. If that's impossible, tell me what area he should b----" Henry Moore had said whose words had faded from Alexander's attention as the magician made a move the moment his leader past him.

«I’m sorry, but I can’t allow for you to do this.» the faceless magician had said, and the moment those words were heard Alexander attempted to draw his sword as he felt danger. His actions were quick; the ability to draw his blade quickly was only down to constant practice that any fine knight was accustomed too, but it only added to nothing.

The pressure from suddenly stopping was noticeable as his hand remained just above the handle of his sword and his face looked like it was filled with anguish as his eyes were at first fixed on the magician. They looked like the eyes of a predator staring at it's prey, but after seeing what everyone else saw. The look in Alexander's eyes calmed and then seemed baffled by the sudden use of marbles?

Marbles were suddenly thrown everywhere, rolling around the station without even a trace of direction.

"Where the hell did they come from." Alexander said whose mind was so boggled with this turn of events, the young knight had no idea how to respond. But he felt like the only solution avaliable here was to...

"Catch.." Alexander said no matter how wrong the situation felt.
Sir Alexander Beathen
Sir Alexander Beathen
Elisium928

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:57 am

«I’m sorry, but I can’t allow for you to do this.»

Moore's response to the words was instant. His hand went to the hilt of his blade, and with a single fluid motion he unsheathed and lashed out behind him. This was not a speed a normal flesh and blood human could react to. He had restrained its power to a level that would not turn a human's body to mist, and he was aiming for an extremity such as an arm or a leg, but it was still something obviously beyond the limits of a normal person. It would take another power that was as far beyond common sense as it to match it.

But unfortunately, even if his target had had such a power, it hadn't mattered. The speed had been too severe a hurdle. Moore had been waiting for the slightest scent of ill intent to lash out at. He had been under no illusions that his enemy would simply allow him to fracture his carefully-laid plans, but unable to make the first move as he would then be made out to be the aggressor. But he would make up for his enemy's head start with the overwhelming speed and power he'd built up through countless days' training.

Looking down at the floor, he saw his target's wrecked body. Countless shards were strewn about; they would not be moving any longer. But as his eyes glanced across the area, scanning it for any other threats, he saw that his strike had been only partially effectual. Still more rolled about freely, growing further and further from him with every second that passed. He had to quickly go after them. He had to chase after them. A nagging feeling that something was wrong could be felt, but it for the moment it was minuscule compared to the overpowering need to chase after his many targets.

And there was only one thing to do when he reached them: crush them. It was what he had done to the first batch, and there was no reason to change tactics for the rest. No hostages, no survivors. He would crush every single one of those rolling spheres. To that end, his sword flashed like lightning and struck like thunder within the small space of the police station, without mind for his surroundings. He had no leeway to pay attention to such things with so many marbles still on the loose, after all.
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

Back to top Go down

Post  Leivinia Birdway Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:36 pm

Before anything else there came a clear cut. Blood splattered every way. His arm flying through the air. The shock was enormous, but before he could even deal with it, he had already collapsed.

With his last strength he made sure to at least complete the spell and thus his mission.

That was the kind of man he was.

That was the faceless policeman, Francis Doyle.

He had been with Necessarius for about three years now, serving them not as a combatant, but as an investigator, was his skill quite well known among the organisation. He had been on many cases, pursuing many monsters and unveiled many mysteries. That was why they had sent him here and that was all he had cared about. His pride as a hunter was great, even though he had never been capable of dealing the killing blow himself. But that was fine. Even with a repertoire that only consisted of harmless spells like the imp spell, he was quite a valuable asset, supporting his comrades from the side lines.

Right here it had been the same as ever before. Following the common pride of an expert, he and his comrades had taken care of the local police, setting all gears into motion to allow for the plan to succeed. That was why he had attempted to stop the knights from ruining it at all cost. That is why he had been forced to no longer resort on words alone, but use an actual spell.

He had never expected it to turn this way. He had been hoping to solve it all peacefully, was he even ready to cooperate with them in the beginning. But those fools had misunderstood till the very end.

But what did all of that matter now anyhow?

That one swing had cut open many blood vessels, soon he would not only loose an arm, but his very life.

Nobody could help him, neither his comrades whose whole attention was turned towards the knights, nor those fools, as they remained trapped by the spell he had just cast.

This was it.

With a smile on his face and his crystal blue eyes shimmering as the lamps met them from above he’d depart.

And he was sure, the consequences would be grave.
Leivinia Birdway
Leivinia Birdway
Regnum771

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:30 am

Erin gave Birdway a strange look when she mentioned 'expert Magicians.' Hearing about the deeds of other Magicians was not something she was used to. While she had a Magic name and a few spells, she never really saw herself as being connected to anyone else. This disconnect between herself and 'Magicians' was never more apparent than this moment, when such horrific deeds were looked upon with some triviality.

Of course, she already figured there was more than met the eye with this Birdway given how much information she had already spilled. When she casually mentioned further details about the assailants, that part wasn't nearly as surprising. Did she truly have the abilities needed to handle this threat, though?

The comparatively aged and world-weary detective did not like the idea of someone facing those monsters alone though, no matter how powerful she claimed to be. When Birdway rounded the corner to confront them rather suddenly, Erin got to work preparing her items in case of any surprises. The idea of puncturing the spray paint and pepper spray to create a makeshift teargas grenade came to mind.

Regardless, she was readying herself for anything, and watched Birdway's back and their flank in case any more bad people showed up.
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Albrekka Starbright Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:09 am

"I wouldn’t advise approaching the police, at least their entirety. Turning towards an officer like that Mr. Oldturf would be smart, however towards the main force might lead to us attracting too much attention. You might not be aware of it, but every part of this city has been corrupted by the occult. The vultures are lurking everywhere, eying for prey cautiously. Also, if I am honest, we are not on best terms with the official forces, either.  So for now, we should head towards the direction the nun suggested. I might know a quick route leading there from here."

Albrekka would nod.  Certainly, Mark seemed knowledgeable about these details; he was not entirely sure himself regarding ever members of the force, though the idea that magicians would attempt to overthrow authority in Whitby was not surprising; in fact, he had expected that to happen.  Paul was likely to be a rather big target...

"You mentioned that you are after some information? What kind?"

"I am sure they would seem mundane to you: details on the victims not yet released to the public."  That was it?  Surely there was more to his visit than that?  "Essentially, an investigation.  Lead the way.  The sooner, the better."  With that, he would move along with Mark if he also moved.

"Also, don't worry yourself about your own details; when you're as deep as you seemingly are, I can understand.  Lets just keep moving."  Though Albrekka openly shared his plans, he was willing to let Mark keep his; certainly, a magician this deep would never find themselves sharing any of their plans.  To most magicians, life was a zero sum game, and that is how life was meant to be played.
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Leivinia Birdway Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:16 am

«Good evening, gentlemen~!»

It had become silent. So silent, each and every time she made a step, her heels’ clatter would echo through the narrow alleys. The three men had fallen silent, their victim was silent and Birdway wasn’t.

A chuckle, a tiny, faint, yet truly amused one.

Then, the group’s leader, the man that could only be described as highly scruffy, moved to intercept her path. While a portion of anger was written onto his face, there were also traces of amusement and ridicule. He likely just had needed to adjust to the sudden surprise, as only a moment later he’d be back all high in the skies, boasting with whatever he thought he was.

«Heh, is that supposed to be a joke? Are you, you little missy trying to play this woman’s great saviour? Do you really believe that you can chase away us demons with just whatever toy you might bring? Heh. You know, even with that goddamn fog in the way, I think you might make a good merchandise. Then again…you interrupted my fun. So maybe I’ll just k—»

«Wipe your nose already, that’s disgusting. Just because you’re some rag the dogs would usually piss and shit on, doesn’t mean that you can lower others’ status by talking down on them with your nose running. Then again, did I ever allow you little insects to commence conversation with me, let alone look at me?»

Leivinia Birdway would not even offer him the chance to complete his speech, simply cutting into it and then — as if that wasn’t enough — begin a taunting barrage of her own.

«What do you say, you little..!? Do you wa—»

«Again. Could you please stop? At least wipe your nose. Really. And maybe shower? I think that’s very well why rats like you are forced to do this kind of thing to touch women. Look, if you took showers, would shave yourself, brush your teeth and give your skin some care, you might actually score a low class girl. Definitely not a high class one with how ugly and dumb you are, but maybe someone as ugly as you would turn your way. That way you wouldn’t have to press yourself on the unwilling ones violently enough, to break their highly desperate resistance.»

Again. This time her sharp tongue’s turns had hit the right spot. Immediately a lot of veins popped up on the man’s forehead, as he reached for what was his weapon.

«I warned you…I really won’t keep you alive…you will die, you little loud mouthed shiiiit.»

Revealing a rather peculiar item, the cut off head of a classic yellow rubber duck pierced with a collection of rusty nails or needles, a very dark grin formed on the man’s disgusting mouth. The tension immediately increased twenty fold. Killing intent. The other three followed his example, bringing forth their own spiritual items. Ice cold pressure.

«I see. How annoying. How very annoying.»

The three charged forward unison, the scruffy one of course taking the lead. From the movements alone it became imminent that they’d rely on some sort of formation, probably just to optimise their combat pattern, but it could have been the basis of a more complicated spell as well.

This could have been the end for her. However it only could have been.

At some point a wand had appeared in Birdway’s hands. Made of red wood, its shape reminiscent to that of a flower.

«If only you insects would learn your place one day. Squashing you got annoying at some point.»

Glimmering golden lights. A few appeared here and there. Surrounding the three men as they charged towards her. They came from nowhere. They had just appeared from thin air. When the men had noticed, when they had understood, it had already been too late for that. Explosions of gold spreading over the entirety of the narrow back alley would end everything. Ripping into the nearby buildings, crushing the ground, the walls and those three with ease, while leaving all three, Birdway, Erin and the victim unscathed due to being excellently coordinated, they ended not only the fight, but likely even more for those three criminals.

With her hair swaying in the wind caused by the powerful shockwaves, Leivinia Birdway did not even budge, wearing her most diabolic grin on her face. It had always been great to witness everything turn out the predicted way, hadn’t it?

Silence fell again.

The shroud of dust would lower. Once it had there were three people laying on the ground. Those three men, battered and beat, were spread all over the alley. One had been thrown into a corner, one had been smashed through a building’s wall and that group’s leader had found his way into a now very twisted garbage dump. However, there were only those three people.

«Now that is interesting.»

Turning towards Erin, another thought crossed Birdway’s mind.

«Oh right, we probably should reatreat.»

Knowing all too well how the things in Whitby went, she could guess how much commotion a collection of explosions, originating from truly complicated and powerful magic could potentially trigger. Probably everyone, both the small groups as well as the big ones that were starving for something to do, would come charging towards here. Maybe it hadn’t been that smart to…no it had been worth it. Those insects had been crushed.

⭐︎☆☆⭐︎
«I am sure they would seem mundane to you: details on the victims not yet released to the public.»

Surprisingly this reveal was actually fairly surprising to Mark when he had first been confronted with it. He couldn't help but flash a faint smile at the thought that at times the most simple thing wouldn’t be suspected if people just showed the kind of behaviour you’d never greet with disbelief.

«In the end all are the same, huh? Then again, we aren’t.»

It was more of a mumble to himself, he had left for the girl to hear, maybe for her to grasp his actual surprise.

«I wonder why someone like you would be after the truth behind this incident. You don’t seem like the type greedy for power or victory. Curiosity also doesn’t fully fit you, at least the naive sense of the word. So what is it you seek by attempting to uncover this? If you mind me asking.»

Mark Space was hardly the type to get himself too involved with other’s business, but this time around he could feel the naive kind of curiosity he had been talking about get to himself. Chances were high that he’d repent this indecent behaviour at a later point, yet he still couldn’t keep himself from addressing it.

It was then that the duo moving through the small towns streets, cutting corners, taking a lot of cut offs, would hear a loud sound accompanied by a shock that shook all buildings, street lights and windows. A heavy one. An explosion. From rather close by. As Mark tilted his head, his eyes would immediately perceive light of golden colour welling up from a street or alley, only a few hundred metres away. He’d only seen a short glimpse of their aftermath, but even the tiniest bit of it was more than enough to tell:

«Boss…what are you doing…!?»

Quickly, quite nonchalantly and a bit roughly he grabbed the green haired one’s hand without asking to pull them along for a surprisingly hurried sprint. He’d have to apologise at a later point, that he had already set in stone once he had realised what kind of ungentlemanly action he had committed with this rash act. However this wasn’t the time, they were still in a hurry.

«We can’t afford to be late or we might risk losing her again!»
Leivinia Birdway
Leivinia Birdway
Regnum771

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Alexander Beathen Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:54 am

Not able to fully understand what was currently going on the fate of the magician had passed the young knight's notice. But it didn't mean he didn't have his mind on this game; Alexander was able to restrain himself from striking out with his sword. While it would make sense to hit the magician down before the spell took effect, the magician still have value to be alive and well let alone the political implications. Sure they magician struck first by using a spell against them, and he would most likely pay for it.

But it was best for cooler heads to prevail at this moment, the challenge before him though was to quickly gather up these marbles. His mind was distracted by them, and it was hard to think of anything else other than catching these marbles. But this effect only helped him to come up with a rational plan, with every thought on this one desire the Golden-haired knight took his scabbard from his waist which still had his sword sheathed within.

It had already become apparent to Alexander about what was happening here. He and anyone else affected by this spell can not escape its effects until they were all caught. So it was simply really, the marbles were scattered across the floor constantly pinging around because they had room to escape. So the best method was to cut the marbles room to move and trap them in a corner. Only then would it be easier to catch the marbles in actual large numbers.

With his sword sheathed he would use it as a tool to help trap the marbles into a corner, with his biggest advantage being his desire to get this over and done with he quickly looked over his options in his head.

But let's also remember he was a knight, though nothing in comparison to others he was far stronger than an average human. But even than an average person was strong enough and fast enough to catch these marbles. So what hope do these things have to escape his clutches?

And so without wasting any more time Alexander went into action, ignoring the fate of the magician who was now on the floor he moved quickly with his scabbard as a tool he blocked the marbles escape and trapped them in the corners of the room. He did this at both corners on the side of the room he originally stood at and quickly pocketed them.

With each one, he felt the spell's strength was waning, but there was still more on the other side of the room and walked towards them with his eyes slightly looking towards the fallen magician. But it didn't remain on it for long since he had to stop this spell now.

The issue here was the police of this station stood in his way, Alexander making an educated guess they were also under the spell effects had tried to inspire them to get on with it.

"Let's get to it guys, you don't want these scattered marbles everywhere when the region's inspector arrive and he's running late with meeting us here." Alexander said briefly but full with confidence even though it was a lie that only Moore could tell here.

Alexander hated lying and didn't enjoy doing it, but the knight knew when its best to lie to get the desired result and with that said he procced to continue with his capture of the rest of the marbles hopefully with the help of the Police.
Sir Alexander Beathen
Sir Alexander Beathen
Elisium928

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:21 pm

To the left, marbles. To the right, marbles. Before and beside him, in every direction he looked, he saw marbles, marbles, marbles. In response to this his sword arm whipped out again and again, leaving several of the small crystals reduced to nothing but shards each time it struck. It was just like a simple training exercise, meant for improving stamina and recognition speed. But it was built on a level not intended for people of his caliber. He was all too easily destroying the small crystals.

As he did so, ever so slowly, his mind began to grow clearer. Other small things began to enter his field of vision. The papers on the counter. The people around him. His subordinate, Alex. And the hole in the fog within his brain only grew from there. It did not take long at all for him to remember the one thing of the utmost importance, and put the dots together.

The magician. The shady man from Necessarius. This was undoubtedly a spell. It could have been the work of a third party interfering between them, but from what memories he could recall as he wrenched his focus away from the marbles, that seemed unlikely. This marble spell had been used by the magician to delay them, to keep from the policeman. But something like would not be only to restrain him for long.

"Let's get to it guys, you don't want these scattered marbles everywhere when the region's inspector arrive and he's running late with meeting us here."

By the time Beathen spoke, Moore had regained enough control over himself to pay attention to it. It was a tactic that used the spell against itself; with the way the marbles made them focus their attention on them, it was impossible that they wouldn't do as Alex said. It seemed a weakness of this spell was that it allowed third or even second parties to manipulate those under the effects.

He'd spoken a lie, but there was no particular problem with that. The issue hardly even crossed Moore's mind, and that wasn't just because of the compulsion spell. While it was true he valued diligence and preferred the most straightforward approach above all else, it hardly meant he was so inflexible to look down upon other tactics. Even if they weren't to his preference, and even if he were disgusted by them, he would still at least give them a certain level of respect. Though he wasn't sure if the blond knight knew him well enough to know that.

But despite the efficacy of the pair's tactics in countering the spell, they were still very much under its effects. They could only tear their minds from the marbles so much. But that's why Moore worked so diligently. He couldn't tear his mind away from the marbles enough yet. This much wasn't enough. A warning signal was sounding in his brain, telling him that there was something dangerous in this room, and its identity was constantly in the corner of his vision. The knowledge of it was wavering somewhere in his brain, but with it kept at bay by the compulsion, he couldn't recognize it no matter how obvious it was.

But he redoubled his efforts, and then redoubled them again. Crush the marbles. If he did so, the spell would be lifted. The sooner he crushed them, the sooner his awareness would recover to the point that he could recognize whatever it was that was alarming him and deal with it. And so, with a single-mindedness only partially inflicted by the spell, he continued crushing the glass spheres with the blade of his sword.
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

Back to top Go down

Post  Leivinia Birdway Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:10 pm

Being crushed or being stopped, that was all there was to those marbles. Rolling to make the great escape more and more would fall to the knights’ efforts. The more they struggled the closer those little imps’ mischievous game would come to its end. They could actually tell, as their minds little by little were freed from the haze as well.

However, even with the numbers growing dimmer, as long as there was even a single marble still in motion, it wouldn’t come to an end.

«Let’s get to it guys, you don't want these scattered marbles everywhere when the region's inspector arrive and he's running late with meeting us here.»

However even though they had been successful on one end, they were entirely wrong on the other.

Alexander Beathen’s speech was not answered with the enthusiasm he may have expected this moment. It was imminent why, had the assumption leading to it been proven entirely wrong. In fact the spell had never spread that far. It had captivated the two knights’ minds were they the closest to the caster and had they had a direct sight on the marbles in the instance of casting. However besides them only two other police men had cast a glance, the others had only noticed when those tiny things were already on their ways.

So with only two additional men running around the building, what about the rest?

A long period of silence had spread throughout the entirety of the floor. The entire routine everyone had been stuck into just a moment ago had not continued and not stopped for nothing’s sake.

When the bloodbath came, all had been startled, but quickly some had rushed to the victim’s aid. The rest however remained in that frozen state. Thoughts had crossed their minds, ideas, morals and the possibility of a decision awaiting at the horizon. Yet it was that exact possibility that cast a deep shadow upon them.

They were afraid.

What they had witnessed had gone beyond human imagination. Well it might have been something that’d quite well fit into a scifi or fantasy novel or even a movie or comic book, but in reality it was still far away. A vampire was said to be lurking in this very town, but this event right now made this absurd story ever realer. With the gruesome violence — something a small town police officer was hardly used to — on top they truly were overwhelmed by everything.

What should they do? Would anything they did even have any effect at all? Would their presence actually ever change anything? Questions over questions. Doubts over doubts.

But at least they knew which side they stood on.

Someone fired a shot. Not at any of the two men in armour who were strangely enough busy chasing marbles?, but at the ceiling, closely missing one of the lamps. It was a wake up call for the frozen scene to return back to life.

The officer who’d broken the silence stepped forward, changing the target of his gun’s barrel, making his objective clear.

«I don’t care who you claim to be. I don’t care what this is all about. But you are most definitely not something we can just tolerate. Freeze. You are under arrest!»

That was how simple it was.

Those two were an outside force that had arrived only a short time ago. They had made their way all around the town, kept throwing their weight around and pushed away all local forces, ripping the work out of the police’s hands. Then there had already been grudges. However unlike with your usual superior agency scenario this had gone a few steps too far, considering the ones that had taken over were the weirdest type of people available. Men clad in armours, no different from those other cosplaying freaks that had overrun the peaceful town’s streets, acting all high and mighty, arrogant and sparkly. But the police, no matter how much their pride had been hurt, had endured it. They had never even questioned it. Up until now.

It was the simple act of gruesomely cutting down someone of theirs that tipped the domino.

From an outsider’s perspective there was no justice in that action, no logic, only cold blooded violence of the cruelest kind and it had been raised against someone who was wearing a uniform just like them. Even though everyone’s memories were vague, they all had the feeling that this man had been with them for the longest time. They felt so attached to this individual, was he fully part of their group identity. He had been one of them and they had been along with him.

Therefore it was the only logical step to take.

While one part would try to desperately fight for his life, the other would desperately fight to avenge it.

All barrels were set on the targets.
Leivinia Birdway
Leivinia Birdway
Regnum771

Back to top Go down

Post  Albrekka Starbright Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:45 am

"In the end all are the same, huh? Then again, we aren’t.  I wonder why someone like you would be after the truth behind this incident. You don’t seem like the type greedy for power or victory. Curiosity also doesn’t fully fit you, at least the naive sense of the word. So what is it you seek by attempting to uncover this? If you mind me asking."

With that, he would smile in kind.  "Well, you already said it.  There is no other reason."  Many people seek the truth, but to them it is merely a tool, a weapon, or armor for whatever desires they had.  Was he a collector or what?  But nothing else was said of the matter.  "For me, its..." Because of an explosion in the distance.  Albrekka's expression turned sour.

«Boss…what are you doing…!?»

"She's your boss...?"  He had certainly heard of a young girl leading a cabal.  Was it really them?  "This is bad.  The tension here is bad as it is, this might cause..."  No, he didn't want to think of it.

The town was filled with magicians, all vying for power.  If only they could muscle each other into expelling the rest and take control of the matter, it would be simple.  Everyone's goals conflicted, and many groups sought to kill, capture, or gather intel on this 'vampire'.  If one person broke form and started a fight, chaos would ensue.  Magicians, seeking self-preservation, would take that as an excuse to declare war, Whitby turning into a smouldering crater.

And the leader of Dawn-Colored Sunlight, Leivinia, had just ignited that fuse.

«We can’t afford to be late or we might risk losing her again!»

"...yes!  Lets go." He would grip his purse and pick up his pace; though, his reasoning wasn't to catch this man's boss, but to try and quell what could be the fire that could not just end magicians' lives, but the lives of innocent civilians who, at this point, have only sat at the sidelines watching this absurdity.
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next