Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Kisaragi Anko Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:13 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[?] A Certain Masked Man OOC

+7
Takamiya Jin
Oda Taichi
Vita Vesta Caesar
Sir Alexander Beathen
Hakusho Tsuru
Kita Tsukiko
Kaneko Mirai
11 posters

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Should we drop A Certain Masked Man?

[?] A Certain Masked Man OOC - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%[?] A Certain Masked Man OOC - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[?] A Certain Masked Man OOC - Page 5 I_vote_lcap100%[?] A Certain Masked Man OOC - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

[?] A Certain Masked Man OOC - Page 5 Empty Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man OOC

Post  Oda Taichi Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:03 am

It's up to Guy obviously but I would avoid roleplaying with yourself with these NPCs. It wouldn't feel real and for example, while I didn't want to NPC the other knights in HS. How Jack makes that post, I would've never pulled that off as I would've that desire to turn the conversation in favour of Alex.

If you need someone to NPC those characters let me know or ask someone else as you will be much better for it.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Damion Koyoko Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:33 am

Oda Taichi wrote:It's up to Guy obviously but I would avoid roleplaying with yourself with these NPCs. It wouldn't feel real and for example, while I didn't want to NPC the other knights in HS. How Jack makes that post, I would've never pulled that off as I would've that desire to turn the conversation in favour of Alex.

If you need someone to NPC those characters let me know or ask someone else as you will be much better for it.

It will only be for a post, at most two. They aren't there to stick around. I planned to have them exit in my first post
Damion Koyoko
Damion Koyoko
Level 2 Aero Hand

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:44 am

And posted, apologies for the delay.

Started the second page. Very Happy

I've decided to go down investigating what that gambling was about not only to see if there was anything to find there, but also because I'm going to be switching to Natsumi for a little bit and I'm going to give Miyako some fodder activity to do in the meanwhile just in case it could actually be worthwhile to do so. Not to mention I really don't feel confident enough to start playing two solo scenes right now anyway.

...Hopefully that wasn't a terrible post. The little sleep I've been getting doesn't make me feel too confident about it.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleister Crowley Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:31 pm

Sorry for the lack of contact. Back to the grind and the daily struggle.

Good posting all around. Koyoko, I'll be able to provide you with a lead in next time I post hopefully, I'm looking to get everyone moving towards your character in the next round so he'll be getting his package for delivery then. In the meantime feel free to keep yourself occupied.

I figure now is as good a time as any for Kita and Jin to start getting involved as well if you're going to be moving around during the day. If you're going to wait for night then hold off just a short while longer.

I had noticed that Mirai didn't have anything linking her just yet, though I assumed her proximity to Oda would be her main connection for now. Glad to hear you've got a solid motivation for her now.

As always, if anyone hs any questions or feels lost then just ask.
Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley
General Superintendant of Academy City

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:45 pm

I thought about posting, but I consider it proper to delay that for now until others can get moving. But I intend to post Oda leaving his home and head towards his school or judgement branch. At least somewhere he can think of the next step forward. Also because I don't think Mirai knows where he lives so its best to help see her plan through.

Also for anyone else like Kita to ambush him if required to help get them started.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Tsukiko Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:11 pm

Oda Taichi wrote:I thought about posting, but I consider it proper to delay that for now until others can get moving. But I intend to post Oda leaving his home and head towards his school or judgement branch. At least somewhere he can think of the next step forward. Also because I don't think Mirai knows where he lives so its best to help see her plan through.

Also for anyone else like Kita to ambush him if required to help get them started.
I would totally be on board with doing that. Personally, I feel like that would actually be the best way for Kita to jump in right now.
Kita Tsukiko
Kita Tsukiko
Level 2 Jamais Vu

Back to top Go down

Post  Damion Koyoko Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:58 am

Okay! I'm going to...try and keep Koyoko occupied until then! Maybe dumpster diving would be a new nice hobby for him! Just be sure to contact him via text, email or phonecall from his associate whenever you're ready~.
Damion Koyoko
Damion Koyoko
Level 2 Aero Hand

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:40 pm

And I'll be posting soon to get Oda out of the house, but of course to finally react properly to what has happened. Since Oda is not the type of person to break down in front of others I better actually show hes human. :O
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Takamiya Jin Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:18 pm

Nobody's quite out and about to attract Jin's eye just yet, so I'll hold off on my entrance for the moment. If I see a good point to be a nuisance, I'll post here to let you guys know, otherwise I'll wait for the night cycle to come around again.
Takamiya Jin
Takamiya Jin
Level 3 Spatial Lock

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:49 am

Have a hopefully-not-shit monster post as my apology for the week I've spent accidentally falling asleep instead of posting.

I figure that it'd be easier to interact with some players by setting Natsumi's introduction scene in a public place where basically anyone can approach her should they dare to, especially Yoyokkun should he want to pursue his Natsumi/Natsume confusion, but that's up for the players to decide.

If no one takes the bait then I'll simply move her on depending on what they do, but we'll see how it goes.

Hopefully-not-shit. Hopefully-not-shit...  Neutral
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:17 pm

I appreciate that chance for interaction Natsume, but I thought it was best to stick to my original plan. Playing games is Oda's coping mechisim and so I stuck with the idea of visiting the arcades. The intention was to get Oda out and so Kita/Mirai can ambush him if needed on the way. If they decide not take that route I can adapt to something else and ambush you myself.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Tsukiko Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:20 pm

I'm currently working on my intro post, so I will be following along with that plan. Lemme know if I should just hold on that but I think this is a good opportunity to get started. Also, I'm kinda getting it done now because tomorrow is gonna be a nightmare, so just gonna get it out now so I don't have to worry about it then.
Kita Tsukiko
Kita Tsukiko
Level 2 Jamais Vu

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaneko Mirai Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:52 am

Since Mirai's participation is tied to Oda currently, and Alex is on absence for a bit, i'll post as Mirai around the time he gets back so we're in sync, if that's okay.
Kaneko Mirai
Kaneko Mirai
Level 3 Viscoelastic Impulse

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:13 pm

Don't delay on my account, feel free to post and I'll respond when I'm able.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:10 pm

Okay, I see that things have been slowing down considerably since the day began so seeing how Guy's a little busy, I figure I'd be the one calling out to it.

Right now I'm seeing a lot of "I'm waiting for an opening" reasoning and attitudes, and I'd like to indicate the fact that your RPing experience, whether in this thread specifically or overall, will never grow if you wait for things to come your way.

This notably applies to you, Jin. Don't wait on your character to be "interested in someone" enough to get involved, especially with the amount of hooks that are being given out for people to interact with one another until the Masked Man strikes again. Make him interesting enough for people to want to involve himself with him as well. It's not supposed to be a one-way thing.

Mirai, as we said you can just go ahead and post, whether it's to initiate the scene with Taichi or take the few opportunities to interact with other players until Alex returns from his absence. No need to hold your character up because of an absence notice.

Koyoko, you mentioned keeping him a little busy until his request arrived, but you're not been very communicative. Are you going to improvise another few scenes for him or seize the opportunity to interact with other players in the meanwhile, notably Natsumi that I've set up to be called out to basically anyone? It's been close to a month since EGW's events so surely he'd have a reason at least having some interest in her, and barring that, it does help me involve her in tonight's events anyway if you choose that path.

Kita, I know you've been pretty busy, but in the event you can't post because you ran out of time to do so, it's better to actually communicate by dropping a notice that you weren't able to deliver the post rather than go silent hoping you'll be able to get it out soon enough. Communication goes a long way, and if this continues it may be wise to reconsider your character's role so that it adjusts to your schedule rather than pressure yourself to post whenever you are around. It's meant to be fun, not stressful.

Let this post serve as a reminder that good communication and good initiatives keep the cat and its whip happy and away. Very Happy
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Damion Koyoko Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:38 pm

Hujisaka Natsumi wrote:Koyoko, you mentioned keeping him a little busy until his request arrived, but you're not been very communicative. Are you going to improvise another few scenes for him or seize the opportunity to interact with other players in the meanwhile, notably Natsumi that I've set up to be called out to basically anyone? It's been close to a month since EGW's events so surely he'd have a reason at least having some interest in her, and barring that, it does help me involve her in tonight's events anyway if you choose that path.

Was planning on it, but wanted to ask you about that first. But he is certainly curious about what had happened during EGW when he was sent away at the very least. In terms of Natsume(i), there is interest as to who she is, but there is not much of a hook from how they interacted. Besides that she hates pictures and hates people having false sense of heroism.

But yes, i will make a post with that in mind. Honestly, I was just stuck with what to post next to hook other people into interacting, but Koyoko isn't one to grab attention randomly, so It was a bit tricky.
Damion Koyoko
Damion Koyoko
Level 2 Aero Hand

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:40 pm

Damion Koyoko wrote:
Hujisaka Natsumi wrote:Koyoko, you mentioned keeping him a little busy until his request arrived, but you're not been very communicative. Are you going to improvise another few scenes for him or seize the opportunity to interact with other players in the meanwhile, notably Natsumi that I've set up to be called out to basically anyone? It's been close to a month since EGW's events so surely he'd have a reason at least having some interest in her, and barring that, it does help me involve her in tonight's events anyway if you choose that path.

Was planning on it, but wanted to ask you about that first. But he is certainly curious about what had happened during EGW when he was sent away at the very least. In terms of Natsume(i), there is interest as to who she is, but there is not much of a hook from how they interacted. Besides that she hates pictures and hates people having false sense of heroism.

But yes, i will make a post with that in mind. Honestly, I was just stuck with what to post next to hook other people into interacting, but Koyoko isn't one to grab attention randomly, so It was a bit tricky.

Make sure you read the epilogue fully before making a post. Twisted Evil

Also, if you're hesitant on how to approach something, then comm~uni~cate~
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaneko Mirai Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:25 pm

Mirai is now out on the town, both actively checking in on rumours and seeking out Taichi! I would recommend that if someone has yet to get involved and would like to, running into her would be in your best interest. It looks like I can't avoid playing a character that gets things going, so you guys might as well hop on board~
Kaneko Mirai
Kaneko Mirai

Back to top Go down

Post  Takamiya Jin Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:06 pm

Why, I do believe I will take you up on that kind offer. This should be all kinds of fun.
Takamiya Jin
Takamiya Jin
Level 3 Spatial Lock

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Tsukiko Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:39 pm

First off, apologies for the lack of communication. A lot of things have been hitting my plate at once and on short notice, leading to a lot of confusion about plans and what not. This is temporary as I will be alleviating a lot of these problems within the week.

Secondly, I know I promised that I would be posting the intro a few days ago, but again due to people filling up my schedule with various things, that got thrown out the window. I am relatively free today so I am doing my hardest to get that post done today and if not today, then tomorrow, and HOPEFULLY it will be good.

Thirdly, I will be focusing a lot more on fixing this problem of me not communicating these situations. I try to solve them quickly so such things aren't necessary, but it seems that recently that strategy isn't working. So I'll cut the crap and just speak up in case something happens. I'm also not used to posting in OOCs like this, so that's a habit I need to get into.

I think we're good? If not, I'll let you know. Thanks!
Kita Tsukiko
Kita Tsukiko
Level 2 Jamais Vu

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleister Crowley Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:16 pm

That's okay. We're still in a position where you can jump in at your own convenience right now. Though obviously as we get further along the less chance you'll have for a longer set up.

Looks like Jin, Taichi and Mirai are on a collision course, so that's good. Do you guys have plans for how you'll cross paths with Koyoko yet? There's still the opportunity to do some amateur detective work or you can go with something a bit more naturalistic.

Natsumi is handling her characters and Mugino is... interrogating her lead. Once that's done I'll give Koyoko his message to pick up the delivery and we'll be on the way towards getting everyone acquainted with our antagonist.

And thank you Natsumi for managing things while I've been otherwise engaged.
Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley
General Superintendant of Academy City

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Tsukiko Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:31 am

Cutting it very close, but hopefully...HOPEFULLY this is a somewhat alright intro post and hopefully this is something that can be worked off of. Please let me know if it turns out to be more problematic than I am currently realizing.
Kita Tsukiko
Kita Tsukiko
Level 2 Jamais Vu

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:14 pm

You overthink way too much and it was a decent introduction. However, I have to be a mean sport and respond to the "Peeerrvvert" scream and headed away from the Arcades... I'm so sorry and yet I'm not... this is amusing.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:47 pm

Either you guys have issues with the concept of a smoothly flowing and rapid posting pace, or you have some weird whip-related fetishes.

Come on. Pace up.

Yokkun, you're next since Anti-Skill isn't needed anymore with Taichi intervening as Judgement.

Mirai, you're next in her improvised encounter with Jin on her way to seek out the thick-headed Judgement member. You've not mentioned this so I was wondering if you either hadn't noticed or forgotten.

Kita, possibly involve yourself in that odd group on her way to the arcade since she does would happen to know the aforementioned Judgement member? She was dumped by Taichi (before any relationship even had the opportunity to start...) but there's no reason to hold her back because of it.

I know there's not much action itself going on, but at this pace I may be adding a few other confirmed kills alongside Koyoko.  Twisted Evil
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaneko Mirai Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:14 pm

My apologies. It was a combination of not noticing and also not expecting that it'd be my turn again so soon, given usual pacing. I will get to it right away, as it usually only takes me five minutes to post anyway.
Kaneko Mirai
Kaneko Mirai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next