Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Kisaragi Anko Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:13 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[?] A Certain Masked Man OOC

+7
Takamiya Jin
Oda Taichi
Vita Vesta Caesar
Sir Alexander Beathen
Hakusho Tsuru
Kita Tsukiko
Kaneko Mirai
11 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Should we drop A Certain Masked Man?

[?] A Certain Masked Man OOC - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%[?] A Certain Masked Man OOC - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[?] A Certain Masked Man OOC - Page 4 I_vote_lcap100%[?] A Certain Masked Man OOC - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

[?] A Certain Masked Man OOC - Page 4 Empty Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man OOC

Post  Sir Alexander Beathen Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:12 am

Edits have now been made. Hopefully, the post is alright now, and sorry for the delay again.
Sir Alexander Beathen
Sir Alexander Beathen
Elisium928

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:27 am

Ah, yes, I'd forgotten to mention something about your post. I did say that, unless Guy has other plans, Taichi and Mirai's scene would be the last before the transition to next day, but you don't really need to rush it just because of that. You can always linger around the scene a little to try and get an idea of what's going on and mostly give Mirai some breathing space to look at the situation for herself.

...Cause you're kinda giving a disabled person who can't move around the crime scene easily or efficiently almost literally no time to gather any of the items or just generally giving themselves means of investigating in order to remain in the thread before the barking dog threatens to force them away from the sight.

I'd expected better of you than bullying handicapped teenage girls like that. Evil or Very Mad
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:36 am

I don't know that is one polite bully if you ask me. He's asking permission to take the reigns and move her before they actually leave. And besides Mirari herself said we better hurry and not linger so long.

So Oda is just complying with her demands oddly enough. In a previous post, he said he isn't going to force her to do anything. So she can ignore Oda and just stay there to investigate if she likes though being a bit forceful is his thing. But I made an edit anyway, so it seems less forceful.

Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleister Crowley Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:40 am

Oda Taichi wrote:Well, it seems Kita, Jin and Koyoko are having the most trouble getting involved. So maybe you should add some suggestions nows.

Fair enough. But honestly, I think you guys are doing pretty well on your own. And Natsumi already made a nice, comprehensive post while I was away.

So as already suggested, Jin might decide that Koyoko is worth tailing. Someone out on the streets past curfew would already be pretty suspicious, but especially so with a killer on the loose. Not being too familiar with your character I can't say exactly why he'd be out after curfew himself, but there could be any number of reasons, mundane or otherwise. Looking at his profile he prizes freedom highly, so maybe he just doesn't like being told when and where he can go outside? That's something I'd leave to you.

(It would be amusing if half the cast are suspected of being the Masked Man themselves in some way or another.)

For Kita, I believe we spoke about the idea that she's already on the lookout for the Masked Man after hearing about the rumour. In which case as soon as she hears about the crime scene she'd be able to link it to him and investigating any one of the existing leads I've mentioned will give her an easy way to find out about the next delivery. And perhaps while she's 'aquiring' that lead someone else (Jin? Oda? Mirai?) might even spot her tampering with evidence and get involved that way?

In any case, it seems the natural point of connection for everyone would be the incident with Koyoko, giving them all a first-hand experience with the Masked Man that would then give them a reason to search for him further. But all of this is just a suggestion. Very Happy
Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley
General Superintendant of Academy City

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakusho Tsuru Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:25 am

Heh, Jin obeying curfew. That's like expecting him to go to class. The only reason he isn't nocturnal is that going out only at night because he's not supposed to be out at night wouldn't be freedom, it'd just be doing the opposite of the law for the sake of doing the opposite of the law.

Though, to be fair, if he's dictating his actions so thoroughly to avoid seeming to be controlled, is he not more controlled than he would be otherwise? But then, that too, is Jin.

I'm good on either or both of tailing Koyoko or just generally harassing Kita. It's all up to what Koyoko and Mura want to do, honestly.
Hakusho Tsuru
Hakusho Tsuru
Level 1 Kami Kami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaneko Mirai Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:33 am

Apologies for the delay. Will be posting in the morning after some sleep.

Edit: Got something of a second wind, so I will be posting before sleep after all.
Kaneko Mirai
Kaneko Mirai
Level 3 Viscoelastic Impulse

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:04 am

I guess I will finish the night with my post unless something else is planned before it.

EDIT: That should be it for Oda also unless you want to continue with this night.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Damion Koyoko Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Aleister Crowley wrote:So as already suggested, Jin might decide that Koyoko is worth tailing. Someone out on the streets past curfew would already be pretty suspicious, but especially so with a killer on the loose. Not being too familiar with your character I can't say exactly why he'd be out after curfew himself, but there could be any number of reasons, mundane or otherwise. Looking at his profile he prizes freedom highly, so maybe he just doesn't like being told when and where he can go outside? That's something I'd leave to you.

To be quite frank, don't be surprised if Koyoko doesn't know what curfew even means...

In any case, should I assume the delivery should be made during the curfew period? I need to know time wise when it would be best to have Koyoko move the package, because in my mind he was going to do it in the middle of the day like a twat.

Doesn't matter when to me, but if it's during curfew I just need to know~.
Damion Koyoko
Damion Koyoko
Level 2 Aero Hand

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:47 am

My intention was to try and make it seem like Oda turn into a possible suspect. Since I thought that would be interesting to pull off. But I'm not sure if that came across properly, so I'll leave that to your decision to take that further if you like or conclude things as they are now. Also it didn't seem the night was concluded because I didn't want to assume Anti-skills reaction to his call. So let me know if you need another post to conclude the night.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaneko Mirai Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:07 am

All Mirai's going to do now is take some pain medication and pass out in bed for the night. You can consider her role in the night finished, unless needed for another post so Taichi can have another without double posting.
Kaneko Mirai
Kaneko Mirai

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleister Crowley Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:24 pm

Great. I'll post tomorrow with the next batch of scenes for everyone.
Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Tsukiko Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:35 am

I believe I owe everyone an apology, along with an explanation. I have been rather busy, trying to sort some plans as the first semester of college starts and a very important phase that starts next month. I'm well aware that people have been wanting to use the OOC as a place to plan posts and thread progress, but between planning and work, my focus has been rather spread apart and stress has been high. I understand that while I'm posting again, I still have that rather bad reputation hanging over my head, which I made promises to and have been attempting to wipe away. I want to assure you that I am not relapsing or anything of the sort, and that I deeply apologize for the delays in replying and the uncertainty I present in the few posts I have made and that I will try my absolute best to get back on track with MM so I can actually contribute.

With that being said, I have spoken with Alex and we have discussed how Kita and Oda are to interact within the next days, and I have read through the OOC to refresh myself on the many ideas tossed around. Kita is not afraid in anyway to break curfew, even with the potential dangers that comes with (in fact, that's more likely to make her want to break curfew even more), and the news of a recent murder will most likely attract her relatively quickly. So, I believe that I won't have a huge problem making an entrance with Kita, given those events.

If anyone (looking at a few people) have any immediate questions or concerns, just message me. I'm always available through Skype and Chatango leaves messages for when I get replies. Thank you.
Kita Tsukiko
Kita Tsukiko
Level 2 Jamais Vu

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleister Crowley Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:50 am

Damion Koyoko wrote:To be quite frank, don't be surprised if Koyoko doesn't know what curfew even means...

In any case, should I assume the delivery should be made during the curfew period? I need to know time wise when it would be best to have Koyoko move the package, because in my mind he was going to do it in the middle of the day like a twat.

Doesn't matter when to me, but if it's during curfew I just need to know~.

It would make things easier I feel if the delivery took place at night, but I can adapt for daytime if need be.

Kita Tsukiko wrote:I believe I owe everyone an apology, along with an explanation. I have been rather busy, trying to sort some plans as the first semester of college starts and a very important phase that starts next month. I'm well aware that people have been wanting to use the OOC as a place to plan posts and thread progress, but between planning and work, my focus has been rather spread apart and stress has been high. I understand that while I'm posting again, I still have that rather bad reputation hanging over my head, which I made promises to and have been attempting to wipe away. I want to assure you that I am not relapsing or anything of the sort, and that I deeply apologize for the delays in replying and the uncertainty I present in the few posts I have made and that I will try my absolute best to get back on track with MM so I can actually contribute.

With that being said, I have spoken with Alex and we have discussed how Kita and Oda are to interact within the next days, and I have read through the OOC to refresh myself on the many ideas tossed around. Kita is not afraid in anyway to break curfew, even with the potential dangers that comes with (in fact, that's more likely to make her want to break curfew even more), and the news of a recent murder will most likely attract her relatively quickly. So, I believe that I won't have a huge problem making an entrance with Kita, given those events.

If anyone (looking at a few people) have any immediate questions or concerns, just message me. I'm always available through Skype and Chatango leaves messages for when I get replies. Thank you.

No worries. Really. Your character's not been involved yet so you haven't missed anything so far so it's no big deal.

Speaking of which, now we've moved onto the next day (I'll remember to add timestamps eventually...) the rest of you should be able to start introducing your characters.

If the rest of you have any trouble figuring out what to do next just ask here and we can point you in the right direction.
Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaneko Mirai Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:58 am

Unfortunately, the conditions for Mirai's continued involvement never came up in the scene, so currently she is not interested in the crime and its investigation. However, unless something is already planned to get her involved again, I could just as easily come up with an alternative idea. Let me know, anyway. At the very least we were able to secure Taichi's continued involvement.
Kaneko Mirai
Kaneko Mirai

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:21 pm

Will post either tonight after work or tomorrow. Looks like this will be amusing and the first time I actually role play Oda in the morning. You see he's not very good at being awake in the morning and I wonder how this will go lol
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Damion Koyoko Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:39 pm

Since Koyoko isn't doing anything until later after curfew, should I have him do whatever during the day, but eventually lead up to the job offer he receives?

Not sure what I'd have him do during the day that might entice people to pursue the investigation or at least echo so rumors he would've heard himself from other people.

+People may approach him randomly during the day, if they are questioning people about the rumors, and try to expand potential information. For instance: 'From what I've heard, most of what I've heard regarding the mask creep or whatever, is that he only does anything at night.'

+Someone mentioned it before, but someone can start a fight with him for no reason! But whoever fights him may recognize him during the curfew.

All I got for now. In class at the moment and procrastinating!~
Damion Koyoko
Damion Koyoko
Level 2 Aero Hand

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:06 pm

Here goes another round! Very Happy

Mirai: I've been keeping your... rather interesting idea of having Mirai track down the Masked Man for personal goals rather than for investigation and rightfulness purposes in mind, so I was actually thinking of a way Mirai could get involved for that purpose.

Namely that, now that she's a Sakugawa student rather than a student from the heavily uptight and socially-secluded Tokiwadai, she could have caught wind of a few rumours here and there and namely some modified ones that could have glorified the Masked Man as an assassin you could hire in exchange of sufficient money if you knew where to look for him, which could catch her interest since she's still technically an elite in terms of money she can boast about.

I think it'd make sense considering teenagers have a tendency to twist stories like that and for some reason adore stories where you can recruit people to cause others' misfortunes.

And I've noted a certain amount of reluctance from our players in terms of exploiting the rumours that are going to be heavily spread in the city following the incident in their involvement anyway. It may not be a viable source of involvement by itself, but guys, you should really keep it in mind and use it as support rather than have literally no one but Kita/Koyoko pay attention to those rumours.

I also only gave the high alert city idea in conjuncture with those rumours, so when you remove them, it doesn't work as well as it does with them.

This is an urban legend thread, you know. What happens if no one gives a damn about urban legends...?

Koyoko: I think involving him during the day and having some characters interact before shit goes down again could be worth it both for the thread, for character development/interaction purposes, and for general fun. I also need some breathing space in terms of cast to know what I'll be doing with Natsumi, so I think it'll be worth it to have him be active during the day until he receives his job and then carries it out, yeah.

If done properly it could even give additional reason for some of the players to get involved tonight as well, though interaction is something that should be worked on gradually rather than planned ahead I think. It's not as fun if it's planned five months in advance rather than more spontaneous.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaneko Mirai Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:22 pm

I've decided to go with my idea with your suggestions in mind. It may sound silly, but bear with me. Being sleep deprived, miserable, and on powerful painkillers, Mirai will have gone to bed, only to be faced with brutal nightmares. In her sleepy, drug-fueled haze, she will recall the rumours and the murder scene, and put two and two together, but in a warped way. Perhaps the Masked Man can be employed to hunt down and kill Sekigahara...but what if he is Sekigahara? What if he works for Sekigahara? And where did her favourite necklace disappear to overnight? Clearly, Sekigahara must have stolen it to taunt her! (She actually knocked it it behind her bed while high on vicodin, but she doesn't remember this.)

Either way, Sekigahara is going down, and she's going to find out if the Masked Man is a friend or enemy in that regard. But she's still medicated, barely slept, traumatized, and now loaded on caffeine and vengeance. Armed no longer with common sense and a thirst for victory, she departs in the morning to demand Taichi surrender all the information he uncovered, now armed with purpose and determination she lacked the previous night. Perhaps a bit too invested, though...
Kaneko Mirai
Kaneko Mirai

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:41 pm

Kaneko Mirai wrote:I've decided to go with my idea with your suggestions in mind. It may sound silly, but bear with me. Being sleep deprived, miserable, and on powerful painkillers, Mirai will have gone to bed, only to be faced with brutal nightmares. In her sleepy, drug-fueled haze, she will recall the rumours and the murder scene, and put two and two together, but in a warped way. Perhaps the Masked Man can be employed to hunt down and kill Sekigahara...but what if he is Sekigahara? What if he works for Sekigahara? And where did her favourite necklace disappear to overnight? Clearly, Sekigahara must have stolen it to taunt her! (She actually knocked it it behind her bed while high on vicodin, but she doesn't remember this.)

Either way, Sekigahara is going down, and she's going to find out if the Masked Man is a friend or enemy in that regard. But she's still medicated, barely slept, traumatized, and now loaded on caffeine and vengeance. Armed no longer with common sense and a thirst for victory, she departs in the morning to demand Taichi surrender all the information he uncovered, now armed with purpose and determination she lacked the previous night. Perhaps a bit too invested, though...

That could work. I don't think the Masked Man would be viewed as a potentially hired assassin just yet prior to the incident and the city's heightened alert level, but the fact that there would be an evolution/distortion to the rumours as the day goes on and the news of the danger spreads could possibly reinforce that interesting delusion of hers. Very Happy

Those pills could give birth to good Chaos;Head protagonists, though.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:58 am

Well that's going to be interesting, considering Oda is now currently dealing with what he assumes is Anti-Skill. If she does barge in though it would be interesting how this will turn out, morning Oda is only cooperative with a purpose. He's going to lie through his teeth to protect Mirai so her suddenly demanding to get involved with the MM isn't going to sit well. The very least it seems this is probably going to require some amusing dialogue if this occurs.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:01 am

Right, I haven't forgotten to post but I'm a bit tired so while I've got part of the post written out for good measure (and do generally know what I'm going to do with it even if ways of wording it escape me currently) I'm going to go sleep and handle the rest later.

Let us pray that "tomorrow" will be peaceful enough for me to be able to deliver an at least decent post...
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:21 am

So, I'm not sure right now, but am I supposed to post? Going over what I was given, I don't really feel like there is a need for a post just yet, considering the daytime squad is about to start. Unless of course I can already begin to pursue what I settled on pursuing...
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t333-esper-mugino-shizuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:10 pm

It'd be better if you started investigating if you don't want to be left behind in the thread. Not to mention it'd be a little weird for Mugino to delay so much on carrying out her investigation if she really wants to be the first to figure it out.

But in short, yeah, you can go ahead and post since what you were given can be quite interesting scene content anyway and it'd be a shame to skip it.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Takamiya Jin Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:17 am

Spontaneous thought brought on by the mention of the heightened alert level- That could totally be a motivating factor for Jin in the thread as he feels his freedom is restricted by the state of alert brought on by the Masked Man. Of course, that wouldn't take effect until a bit later in the thread, but would work well to cement his involvement.
Takamiya Jin
Takamiya Jin
Level 3 Spatial Lock

Back to top Go down

Post  Damion Koyoko Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:23 am

I'm going to have two NPC companions instigate conversation with Yoko then, discussing about the rumors and give character development. They'll be gone before they can get involved in whatever is going on.

IF you have a problem with that, you have twenty four hours to say so now or I'll posty anyway Very Happy
Damion Koyoko
Damion Koyoko
Level 2 Aero Hand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next