Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[?] A Certain Masked Man

+6
Oda Taichi
Misaka Mikoto
Hakusho Tsuru
Kita Tsukiko
Takamiya Jin
Kaneko Mirai
10 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

[?] A Certain Masked Man - Page 6 Empty Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Damion Koyoko Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:46 pm

Koyoko was thoroughly unable to get a grasp of the situation. With a man named Jin coming into the fray randomly, the Meltdowner causing all sorts of mayhem, all while losing to the clown with the knife. He was beginning to seriously questioning if just standing here was going to work out. Assuming that either the beam girl or the knife wielder dies, whoever is left will probably come for the package, right? However, the silence between him and his partner broke hearing her feet shift, and her lips parted to speak.

“You take care of the new weirdo.” The hooded girl ordered as she began moving her feet toward the battle. Instinctively Koyoko began gathering the air around him as he felt like a fight was inevitable upon those words, but what worried him most was the fact that his only ally(?) was walking toward the worst part of the fight.

“W-wait, what’s your plan-?”

“Get lost.”

The scene that played out next was odd to describe. Her finger was the match, the air around her was the fuel, as it burned as bright as an explosion that illuminated the dark street, but not as loud as one. As the orange and yellow twirls tried to cling and wrap around the masked man, in an attempt to burn him alive, he fled back to avoid it, while Mugino laid there unscathed.

“What power...Just who the hell is she….-?!” With that silent mutter, Koyoko suddenly froze as the destructive woman who had supposedly been saved by his partner, slowly stood to her feet. Her eyes showed not gratitude, not even annoyance from such a close call, but pure unadulterated rage.

“...you dumb fuck…”

Koyoko suddenly realised what was happening the moment Mugino’s attention turned toward the hooded girl. Who herself seemed to have realised the mistake she had made. She had stepped on a landmine, and she had no plan to get out of it.

“You moron!”
“Mind...your own business…!”

As Koyoko spoke in tangent with Mugino, the air that was gathering under his feet suddenly released as he was launched toward her. A beam like that is near impossible to dodge, so he moved before Mugino fired and tackled the hooded figure, with his arms wrapped around her torso, as they both ended up flying out of the way, just as the beam would blindly fire past them or make impact right where she formerly stood.

*CRASH*

With the sound of glass shattering, a tumbling of two bodies, and the twinkling of the pieces falling against a hard floor, Koyoko found himself sliding on the floor with Natsumi in toll. They had crashed into a random coffee shop, a couple of chairs and tables tossing over as Koyoko made impact with them, until a hard wood counter finally stopped his incredible acceleration. “Gah!” At that point he’d let go of the girl, just out of the sheer impact from hitting the counter, and writhed a little on the ground as he glared at the girl a few feet away. “Haaa..! You idiot...That guy could handle someone like her, and you thought some cheap shot-...Gah was going do him in? And why am i the one saving you now…! Kh!” Koyoko felt the bruised from the impact begin to form, as he trembled a little standing, looking at his left shoulder as shards of glass embedded slightly into him. He winced as he pulled them out, only leaving small wounds that weren’t worth concern.

"...What the hell are we supposed to do now? They're both going to kill us.."
He growled as Koyoko didn’t dare to peak outside, as they broke line of sight of Mugino and the Masked Man, but how long would it be before she either destroys the building, or the Mask comes in to finish the job..or both.
Damion Koyoko
Damion Koyoko
Level 2 Aero Hand

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:16 am

“…!”

Though it looked like her attempt at warding off the assassin had decently worked, if only in representation of the sheer number of enemies he would have to fight, his way out was, needless to say, very unconventional.

Natsumi guarded her face from the incoming light and smoke with both of her arms before taking notice of further – in fact much more imminent – danger coming her way.

«…you dumb fuck… Mind...your own business…!»

It would seem that the woman she had gone out of her way to save was at least a special brand of mentally deranged if she couldn’t acknowledge she had almost died. Between her and the Masked Man, Natsumi would have opted for the option of taking a step back before the brewing, fluorescent beam could have a chance to hit her full on. After all, a graze was better than massive injuries, right?

Would have.

If she didn’t suddenly feel the weight of a human body colliding with her from her back, knocking the air out and hood off from her. “Ghk!!” A groan escaped her throat as they flew through what she could only guess to be a storefront window by the glass shards tearing at her clothes and skin.

It had taken a few seconds for her to compose herself from the fall’s impact amongst so many other things as she coughed. Still feeling someone besides her, she quickly got to her feet in her usual attacking stance before realising who was the human missile that had launched himself at her.

“Haaa..! You idiot...That guy could handle someone like her, and you thought some cheap shot-...Gah was going do him in? And why am i the one saving you now…! Kh! ...What the hell are we supposed to do now? They're both going to kill us..

And that was how all of Natsumi’s self-control had been let loose.

Idiot? You’re the fucking cretin here! I was going to dodge that before you decided molesting was an ideal escape solution! And by throwing us in a store everyone can see and attack, you're somehow wondering how we’re going to escape now that you’ve forced me into a literal corner along with you?! She snapped as she analysed the boy beside her, eyes widening even more when she realised a lacking feature of his, quickly snapping to the street they had just violently departed.

And you let go of the bag, you worthless, incompetent git?!”
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Damion Koyoko Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:35 am

“Idiot? You’re the fucking cretin here! I was going to dodge that before you decided molesting was an ideal escape solution! And by throwing us in a store everyone can see and attack, you're somehow wondering how we’re going to escape now that you’ve forced me into a literal corner along with you?!” She snapped as she analysed the boy beside her, eyes widening even more when she realised a lacking feature of his, quickly snapping to the street they had just violently departed.”

Koyoko’s eyes were overshadowed by his hair, as the girl continued to rant toward the boy who had ‘saved’ her. Claiming that she was going to dodge the attack herself, that his efforts were nothing, but a detriment to her efforts to keep them alive, with the bag on toll. Now that he thought about it, he no longer felt the strap on his shoulder.

“And you let go of the bag, you worthless, incompetent git?!”

The girl had snapped, but in turn lit a fuse within the young man in front of her, his fists tightening and the air in the room for a brief moment, having an unnatural current flowing around them. Koyoko teeth were visibly gritted, as his head jolted upward with a look of absolute frustration.

“ENOUGH!” With that short yell, the chairs around them were suddenly pushed by a strong wind, as if his voice himself projected a force on all loose obstacles around them. Of course, it wasn’t that his voice was that loud, but he lost control for a moment. With a glare toward the girl, his hands were clenched as fists as his body wanted to let loose all the stress anxiety on this one girl, but it would never come as his expression became softer and more neutral.

“You need...to fucking chill. And yes, I probably need to take a triple dose of happy pills before my attitude is fixed. But we’re in this situation because of both of us. You threw out your attack without a warning to me, so when your plan backfired, i had to make a split second decision! Don’t even tell me you were going to ‘dodge’ it, her attacks are too fast and can fire multiple beams at once, you’d be dead after the first!... It was obvious even for me. My power and lack of experience are little help on their own, and you obviously have the experience and power to handle situations like this...But instead of actually coming up with a plan, you use cheap tricks to stay alive, and do everything on your own!” Koyoko unfortunately couldn’t keep ranting toward the girl as he quickly pushed passed her, over the counter and straight to the back door. There was no telling when Mugino would shoot a beam in to collapse the building, unless the esper outside or the bag on the street is distracting enough as it is. Immediately working on the lock, using the air inside the electronic to reset the system and force it to unlock by looking for the manual master reset switch/button.

“I stood there with my thumb up my ass while you kept giving me vague orders and making educated guesses. That is not teamwork. That’s being stupid.  And i bet the moment we try to get the bag again, she’ll erase every atom in our bodies. Nothing about this situation gives you or me any advantage. So, we do things my way for now. We leave and figure something else out! Got it? I want that bag as much as you do, as it probably means both our lives on the line. But if you keep treating your ally as some flat tire, we won't make it far...Or do you want to use me as bait again?” Koyoko almost growled at that last part. The door mechanism would suddenly reset and flash green symbolising it is finally unlocked and quickly opened it. “So what will be? You gonna lone wolf again or we going to try a do over?”
Damion Koyoko
Damion Koyoko
Level 2 Aero Hand

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:13 pm

On the sidelines where he currently belonged, this incident was clearly something that any normal student shouldn't be involved. As a judgement member though the number of violations this was ticking was absurd and yet he stands here not able to do anything. It's not exactly like he is accurate to the code at this moment and the only reason he was here because he needed to prove his innocence.

That's why up to this point he had briefly recorded what was possible through his phone, though the hope this may catch much was questionable. Though the surge of green light and a clear display of power, any thought in his mind about recording was overwhelmed with dread and awe.

This was dangerous, there was no doubt about it and that moment upon seeing that display his subconscious was attempting to get him to flee. Though despite the fear and the nervousness he felt, the boy watched everything and despite the reason to flee he suddenly moved forward.

It was the burst of smoke which would cover the area and the display of that terrifying green power that Oda went for it.

The bag.

You see he had noticed it dropped from one of the people caught up in this mess and it could've been something that could result in answers. Going for it would be a gamble, and without a doubt, it was a great risk. Though like a dog with a bone, his mind was focused on the one goal to prove his innocence and that is what kept his body from fleeing and what moved him forward despite the fear.

Even if he failed there were no regrets because living with the accusation of murder would be shameful to him and basically his life would already be over.

He was only a student with no real esper ability, yet he excelled at the physical exam for when he joined judgement and only improved since. So the young boy had confidence in his speed and physical endurance being the only thing he can truly trust in keeping himself alive here. Though he also knew the back alleyways and streets of Academy city very well, so it's also very possible if he was quick enough he could attempt to lose anyone who may chase him.

And before he knew it, Oda reached for where the bag had dropped and hoped he wasn't noticed while planning to run away with it almost immediately unless...
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Words, words, words…

For someone who seemed to have it out against her for having been dragged in a situation of his own fault, this boy seemed abnormally talkative. Natsumi only lent a spare ear to his rambling outburst in order to avoid having another one as well. Keeping “chill”, as he worded it, was crucial in this situation, and she wasn't sure what he aimed to achieve by debating her ears off.

“There was never a “we” in the first place since this was your delivery job I saved your ass from, but if you insist, let’s see where your leadership ability leads us.” She mainly shrugged as an answer to the barrage of statements, resigned to tagging along with this idiot until they could get out of the pinch he had literally thrown them into. 

“We’re gonna need to move fast, though. Hope you know your alleyways, cause you're gonna lead the way.” It seemed a commotion was gradually being stirred outside, as well. Unlike him, she was fully convinced that the masked man wouldn't be popping up with so many people around and risk was considerably lowered, but it was also equally likely that there would be a brand new kind of trouble brewing for them if they stuck around too long.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Damion Koyoko Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:43 pm

“There was never a “we” in the first place since this was your delivery job I saved your ass from, but if you insist, let’s see where your leadership ability leads us.”

"Oh I'm sorry, I was confused after I was the one saving your ass not even a minute ago..And who was the one complaining about gratitude earlier too?" This partnership didn't seem to be going well, and it technically only started less than half and hour ago, if not ten seconds ago. Koyoko didn't waste time, as he began running along the other end of the alley way, as they merely need to create some difference and find a spot relatively safe enough to brain storm.

“We’re gonna need to move fast, though. Hope you know your alleyways, cause you're gonna lead the way.”

"Right, not like 90% of all alleyways are identical to one another. While I could use my ability to get to the roof tops, I haven't actually tried carrying someone up there with me. So unless you want to try that..." It was obvious Koyoko was not comfortable with carrying the extra weight to get up to the roof, mainly because controlling trajectory, getting initial velocity, and descending becomes that much more difficult with an extra body to consider.

It wouldn't take long for them to find the other street however, Koyoko holding a hand up to keep her from peeking out. His eyes began to glow a little as he tried to use his power to get a sense of the surrounding spaces with his air displacement sense. "...Looks like they haven't followed us. Let's go." Koyoko just merely wanted to make sure there was no one tailing them or attempting to cut them off, as the masked man, if he was still around that is, probably would've tried by now, or would be waiting nearby otherwise, and it didn't seem the beam girl was following either. Koyoko continued to move between alleyways till they were well far off from the scene of the fight.
Damion Koyoko
Damion Koyoko
Level 2 Aero Hand

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleister Crowley Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:47 pm

The noise of radio chatter and heavy boots on concrete announced the presence of a pair of Anti-Skill on the street corner. With the high profile threat of a killer on the loose, more officers than usual had been dispatched and patrols tightened. Even if they had no leads, they would put on a show of force to persuade the public that they had the situation under control.

So it should have come as no surprise that the first responders had appeared mere minutes after the first hints of trouble.

"No one move!" The commanding voice called out from behind a high tech armoured mask. His partner was already busy reporting the disturbance into his radio in a frantic stream of indecipherable jargon. The reply came in a hiss of static. The night was quiet enough that the sound of back up could be heard from several city blocks away.
Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley
General Superintendant of Academy City

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:35 pm

Actions driven by instinct more often than not are the least coordinated. As the rush to grab the bag in the middle of a chaotic scene, among the smoke and deadly green lights the judgment boy managed to grab the bag. Even with those unknown foes behind him and the sound of anti-skill heading blazing towards them.

Taichi never stopped running upon grabbibg the bag, slipping into the alleyways he knew like the back of his hand. He would head towards his branches office; the safest place he knew.

Without ever realising in the race to grab the bag, he hadn't noticed the phone he left behind.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:54 pm

They had escaped.

All of them.

All of the hindrances she had deemed as today's prey had escaped her grasp; in fact, one was even running away currently… Mugino kept grinding her teeth likely enough to cause damage as she got up from the near beatdown she had received, recalling the humiliation she had suffered because of that masked son of a bitch and his retarded pursuers.

“Those fucking cowards all ran away like little pieces of scattered shit…”

She paid no attention to the words of the flustered, undermanned Anti-Skill officers as she forced herself from the ground, not even bothering to dust herself off to look as elegant as she normally would. No, she simply proceeded to slowly march towards where the newcomer had stood.

An item had been left behind; the only one in this madness seeing as how he’d stolen the bag that would give her valuable info. And though she had a strong urge to find the boy and eradicate him beyond all reason, an evil smirk formed on her less than presentable features, and was soon presented to the officers as she turned around, grasping heavily a phone as if indicating what she would be doing to them.

“Where did that little bitch run off to?”

Though it wasn't an answer directed to the officers facing her, before she could get anything remotely close to an answer…

SKRRRRRRRRRT!!!!

A mysteriously well-timed van screeched to a halt between her and the officers. And in an effort to not waste any time, only mere seconds passed as the engine revved up to flee the scene as well, having visibly taken Mugino away, perhaps for the better.
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t81-esper-misaka-mikoto

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleister Crowley Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:52 pm

The chaotic sound of the AntiSkill incursion faded swiftly as Taichi fled the scene, bag in hand. In their haste to respond to the disturbance, they had failed to secure a proper perimeter and it had been a small matter for him to slip past the approaching officers arriving as back up.

When the time came to inspect the fruits of his bravery, the boy would find the bag's contents to be underwhelming. The parcel had been crudely torn open and hastily searched already, though not thoroughly, as it still contained a single item, small enough to have escaped their notice, perhaps? Or simply neglected in the confusion.

A single data stick. What it contained was a mystery. But it had apparently been important enough to kill for.

Would it be important enough for Taichi to risk his life for?

The small, cylindrical container in Natsumi's palm was cold to the touch. Colder than any regular metal. It was cold enough that its surface gathered small droplets of condensation in contact with the open air. The thin vial was only the size of a cigarette lighter, with metallic caps on either end. The central section was made of a clear material that could have been glass or a kind of plastic. Whatever it was it was toughened and resistant to shock as despite the difficult transit it showed no signs of cracking or other damage. A colourless liquid not unlike a spirit-level was contained inside, a small bubble of trapped air floating to the top of the container as it was turned.

The laser etched engraving on the side of the cylinder read: Arisawa Science and Research.
Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:08 am

August 31st, 2:25am

Last night was mostly a blur, adrenaline had carried his fragile body back to his apartment. Having abandoned the bag way before he got home, the judgement boy leaned against his door and slowly dropped to the floor. Not only was he physically exhausted but he was also mentally tired and considering what he had been through it didn't take him long to fall asleep where he sat.

August 31st, 7:30am

He would wake up hours later at the sound of not just one, and not even two, but three alarm clocks which would echo throughout the apartment. He struggled to move and not because he still felt exhausted, but the reality of what happened started to set in. The USB was still in his hand, this little thing was what he risked his life for and he was somewhat disappointed. He was disappointed because it gave no clear answers, and would he even understand it?

Taichi would eventually make is way over to his bed, just above it was three alarm clocks that do the miracle work of waking him up every morning and eventually he would turn them off. He had thought for a moment and briefly looked around realising his laptop was at his branch. But again, Taichi doubted he would understand what he would be looking for even if he checks the USB personally. Since he believed that something worth killing over would likely not be simple to read or even access.

And there was only one person that came to his mind, who would understand whatever would be on it.

Uiharu Kazari.

He has seen her ability with the computer numerous times at school and even when they occasionally work together in Judgement. Compared to anyone else at his own branch, she was probably the best person to ask when it comes to anything computer related. So he reached towards where his phone would be intending to call her about what he had found.

"Huh? Where is it?" Oda said realising he couldn't find his phone anywhere. He checked his pockets, again and again not able to find it. In his disbelief, he headed out the door in the hope to catch Uiharu knowing she would be at her branch early in the day. He had to hurry since her branch was much further away compared to his own one.

Not once thinking about what it may mean if those from last night had picked up his phone.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:20 pm

[?] A Certain Masked Man - Page 6 Uiharu10
August 31st, 9:00 A.M.

Judgement Branch 177

Today was the last day of summer vacation. Yet while that was a fact, Uiharu Kazari still hadn’t been given the chance to sleep late. In fact, that chance had been taken from her due to the events of the previous night. While having been handled by Anti-Skill, the commotion caused was sure to take its toll on anyone involved with Academy City’s management organisms. Anti-Skill was still running about handling the more material tasks, while any bothersome chore (especially paperwork) had been shoved off for Judgement to handle.

Thus, a tirade of a relentless phone ringing for an entire morning had dragged Uiharu from her bed straight to the office about three hours ago. And from then to now she had been working without pause, filling out whatever forms the superior would throw her way.

«Aaaaaaaah…just when I thought that this’d be the last one…five more came in…aaaaaaaah…»

All strength would leave her body, as her flower crowned head would meet the keyboard on her desk in despair. She had been working without pause – not even one for breakfast – and it didn’t seem to go anywhere else anytime soon. A middle school girl like her, young, frail and weakly built certainly wasn’t made for this kind of slave work…

With the buzzing of the ever-running AC in the background, she would shut her eyes just for a moment, hoping for something, anything to happen.

But what hope was there with everyone else gone for even more annoying field work.
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t333-esper-mugino-shizuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:36 am

August 31st, 9:04 A.M.

Judgement Branch 177

Who would've thought that on the last day of summer, that Oda Taichi wouldn't be spending his time enjoying it with all sorts of food but would instead be working on a way to salvage his very own life. The plans he days ago are just a distant memory.  

Before entering the Judgement branch he checked for his sash and made sure it was properly on before entering and he did so with one of many strange juices in his hand. While it could be considered a thank you gift in advance, it was actually because the boy had a hunch about what he was going to walk into.

It wasn't hard to guess what since anyone who would work in Judgement has experienced this sort of hell many times.

Paperwork.

Piles of them seemed to clutter the desks of even this branch, though even in this state it seemed more organised than his own branch. This activity so earlier on in the morning left no doubt in his mind. This probably was the result of what happened last night and Judgement was left picking up the paper side of things regarding the investigation. He could be wrong and something else may have occurred, but there was a feeling that Uiharu may already have some knowledge of what is going on.

Though despite that worry, the Judgement boy would approach and would catch her attention by placing a can of Strawberry Oden on the desk next to where she was working.

Strawberry Oden is one of many strange juices sold in the vending machines of Academy city.

"Need any help?" Taichi would ask who seemed very sincere about his offer despite his own problems. Since it was the last day of summer, it would be criminal not to offer help when every judgement member understands this sort of paperwork could keep you trapped for hours.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:02 pm

August 31st, 7:31 A.M

Hurried steps paced through deserted alleyways. Most of them leading to abandoned, soon to be destroyed buildings in various districts.

Behind those hurried noises was a girl whose clothing still couldn’t be described as anything but oversized. Though the hood had been removed, showing off most of her features besides her considerable hair length, it would’ve perhaps been better for the boy following along her to be unable to see the pure irritation lingering in her eyes.

She came to a stop once they reached a more common street near the 7th district. Muttering various insults here and there, she finally clicked her tongue as she looked on to a very scarce amount of students commuting about.

“Nowhere. Where did that bitch flee to, for fuck’s sake?” Seemingly ready to snap at any moment, Natsumi looked back to the boy who had been tagging along her since their unfortunate encounter with a worryingly capable assassin, who by some kind of miracle hadn’t come after them.

“How much longer are you going to follow me around for? Don’t you have beds to sleep in or friends to hang out with?”
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Damion Koyoko Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:33 pm

Last night's events have really put a hamper on his mood. Not only did the Aero Hand fail at the delivery, but realising just how dangerous this line of work was, he had gotten paranoid to go home. They both probably could use some sleep, but Koyoko didn't want to leave the girl's side as he felt he'd be killed otherwise. But as his presence was getting on the girl's nerves, it seemed he'd be killed either way.

“How much longer are you going to follow me around for? Don’t you have beds to sleep in or friends to hang out with?”

"Of course I do. Am I dumb enough to go back before I resolve this early life crisis of mine? Nope." The young man said as he did visibly have bags under his eyes. While that's nothing unusual to think about, they were more prominent than usual. Koyoko didn't get much sleep in general, but skipping a night was disastrous for him. Not enough time for a power nap as well.

Because of this, when asked if he had any friends to hang out with. He sort of raises his head up in deep thought before raising his hand lazily and points to her. "You." The problem was there was barely any hint of sarcasm. Now it was a debate of what's more disturbing. The fact that he considers her a friend despite all that has happened, or the fact that he doesn't have any at all.

"On another note. If you're still looking for the beam-beam girl...*Yaaaawn*..I don't think wandering around aimlessly will do us any good...There is one other option, but it's too sketchy and risky. I can try to contact the employer who had me send for the package, and try to get information...Of course I doubt they will eagerly give us anything. So unless there is a way to meet in person, or we have a reason to barter for information...We're in the...*yaaaaaawn*...dark."
Damion Koyoko
Damion Koyoko
Level 2 Aero Hand

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:24 pm

«Need any help?»

Uiharu not having noticed before jerked upon the sudden announcement of visitor, immediately shooting back into the upright position of a hard-working worker bee.

«I…I was just taking a break…!»

There was no denying that the work she had in front of her way cut out for an entire team and not a single person, yet even under these circumstances someone in her position and with her responsibilities shouldn’t afford slacking off. However, when she finally understood the friendly nature of the boy’s gesture and his real identity her stiff back relaxed.

«Oh, it’s you Oda-san! I didn’t expect you to come. But help is much appreciated!»

She smiled in naïve innocence, unable to read the intentions buried behind his chivalry. Instead she’d simply pick up the can he’d offered her, nodding in gratitude.

«Thank you! You’re a life saver!»

Her situation had shifted. With someone else to support her in that struggle against the overwhelming paper work, she was sure to make a breakthrough, somehow. So, before he could pull back any of his offer she would jump to the next point, handing him the horror of a 30cm pile of featureless and mind wrecking forms.

«You take care of the printouts, I deal with the digital stuff. Alright?»
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:14 am

Judgement Branch 177

"Alright-"

Taichi looked at the 30cm pile of paperwork with some horror, though the initial shock quickly had worn off. It was fair to say that being Judgement you had to have some level of stubbornness and the ability to self-motivate yourself.  

Let us not forget that Judgement is voluntary, so to endure that amount of work for no real benefit was basically self-sacrifice. Since someone had to do it and those students were willing to tackle the ultimate foe of the ever replicating...

"Paperwork-" Oda Taichi had never felt this was his strong suit and whenever he did it the time almost ticked very slowly, almost to a crawl and the forty minutes that had passed felt like hours. There was still no end to the paperwork. It would seem that without a doubt this remained his greatest fear and enemy in life. So with a deep sigh, the judgement boy would lean on his chair for a moments pause.

"We really are a strange bunch, doing so much for little benefit. Though I guess that's the point; we don't really ask why—we just help even if it causes trouble." he spoke while he reflected on the last 24 hours. "Ah well." he concluded his thoughts while taking the USB from his pocket and placed it on the desk near Uiharu.

"That is something Anti-skill would most likely be interested in. Though it needs to be decoded I think and you're the best person I know when it comes to this stuff." Oda explained though he didn't tell the whole story, he didn't actually lie either. "If you could do this for me, then I will owe you a favour." he continued as he leaned towards the paperwork as he starts to power through once more. Taichi was the type of person who never asks for favours and when he does he feel the need to work for the privilege to ask one of any person.

Since despite all his faults, he was a very hard worker.

"Paperwork is a shared responsibility." Oda felt doing the paperwork wasn't akin to doing a favour for a friend. Though she might not realise is that helping him decode that USB would probably be the biggest favour she could ever do for him.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:43 am

«Isn’t that enough? If everyone did that, the world would be an even better place. So someone should be a role model.»

Uiharu didn’t think much of it. Getting all philosophical over everyday things wasn’t anything that suited her, after all. Pragmatic as she was, she would simply keep doing what was supposed to do: Continue.

«Also, it’s not like there’s no reward. There’s nothing better than having some chill parfait at the end of a hard work day! Or in between it! Or right now! Aaaah, I wish!»

Remembering to follow her own expression, the petite middle school girl would finally knock herself out of it and resume the chore that was reading followed by short and quick bursts of typing. That was all she’d done and would do for the rest of the day. Little exciting, not to say absolutely boring.

Thus, it would go on for many minutes, before yet again Oda Taichi would break her rhythm, dropping the finished stack right before her eyes. For what he had taken care of, he’d gotten done in quite a miraculous time. Eyes widened at that realisation, Uiharu was taken aback at first, checking on what he’d done, before being interrupted yet again, as he’d place a tiny object right next to her.

«That is something Anti-skill would most likely be interested in. Though it needs to be decoded I think and you're the best person I know when it comes to this stuff.»

«Shouldn’t you bring it to Anti-Skill then? Why do you even have it in the first place? What is this even?»

Questions were piled on top of each other, but that was hardly unnatural, given that the boy had openly presented an item that he himself declared should be of interest for the city’s actual police force. As things were, Judgement was not supposed to involve itself with the matters Anti-Skill took care of, unless specifically asked for. That alone already made it clear to her that that USB drive contained rather troublesome information. Information that was certainly valuable. Information that was most certainly encoded, requiring a talented hacker to deal with it. The promise of excitement to opposing the crude boredom of the paperwork kingdom.

But, this was troublesome.

Taking a peek here and there to ensure the absence of Shirai and Konori, she’d reach out for the digital storage.

«Taking a look won’t hurt. And if we manage to decode it for them, Anti-Skill probably won’t be angry!»

Excuses were prepared, so nothing would hold her back anymore. Into the USB port with it!
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm

“That’s not who I’m looking for. Who in their right mind would do that?”  She grumbled as she started tiredly rubbing away at her eyes. It seems the lack of rest was taking a toll on her now that she was in a situation where there wasn’t much to be done.

They were in the seventh district, but the Summer vacations had it fairly deserted. In a way, it felt dangerous, but Natsumi didn’t want to suppose they’d been stalked all night by the masked figure. Though the possibility was still present and was part of why she had decided to begin a relentless search throughout the night.

Alas, the lack of results so far were fairly draining, so she merely slouched against a wall to catch her breath. Her phone was of no use, since the woman she’d kept trying to reach would simply not pick up.

“Surprisingly self-conscious. But you’re probably fine. If anyone wanted you dead, you’d be dead already.” She gave a very worrying form of reassurance in explaining that if they had been let off, it was for a reason.

That said, the boy had lost the package he was supposed to deliver; in a way, it was right of him to worry of consequences other than death once that would be out.

“…Why were you carrying a package, anyway? You’re just some highschool student with no sense of self-preservation as far as I can see.”

As for the woman who’d remained unreachable throughout the night?

She was currently what she thought to be a well-deserved cup of coffee. Perhaps a bad move for someone who hadn’t slept in a fair while, but the relaxation time alone was miles better than the constant typing her fingers had suffered through the entirety of the previous day.

Hisakawa Miyako was simply enjoying her morning in a café near the School Garden, one that seemed to have had its fair share of troubles lately with an attempted robbery in the past couple weeks. Though she was, to the staff's surprise, hardly bothered by it at all, instead fairly persuaded that criminals rarely went for the same place twice.

Next to her half-empty cup of coffee was a blank notebook, seemingly straight out of an old drawer by its rounded, chipped edges and discoloured pages. In it was written the results of the research she had conducted the day before, in fairly cryptic wording to avoid anyone reading over.

“That’s all I got in a full day, huh…”
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Damion Koyoko Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:27 pm

"That’s not who I’m looking for. Who in their right mind would do that?"

"Two half dead idiots in way over their heads?" Koyoko sighed in exhaustion as when the hooded girl stopped to rest, finding an opposing wall to rest on, slumping to the ground and kicking one of his legs out to stretch. Even the filthy concrete ground felt heavenly compared to simply standing up.

“Surprisingly self-conscious. But you’re probably fine. If anyone wanted you dead, you’d be dead already.” The girl complimented(?) as she tapped away on her phone, with a frustrating huff of her breath. Koyoko rubbed his face with one hand, as while her words did somewhat give him a bit of comfort, considering what happened, he still wasn't comfortable returning home. “…Why were you carrying a package, anyway? You’re just some highschool student with no sense of self-preservation as far as I can see.”

"And you're just some hooded mysterious figure, who's probably younger than me, and has no sense of Empathy...Haaa..." Biting back a bit, the young man sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. "Instead of giving you my life story, since you'll obviously pass out before I'll finish from boredom, I'll just say this. I'm not IN the power curriculum at the moment. I'm a drop out. I have a lot of issues involving family that I'm probably going to exaggerate, and currently need money to pay for the rent and food. Normal jobs don't pay enough...or my temper ruins it. So when I found out people are being paid a handsome amount to break curfew for just a few hours, I couldn't help but take it. But this is the first time a serial killer and that psycho chick showed up.."

Koyoko looked at his own phone to see if any messages came up, specifically if he was getting the message that the package was missing. The one thing that he couldn't figure out with all his pacing, was why the girl showed up. Both the psycho and the hooded one. The psycho only seemed interested in killing the masked man, not the package itself, like she knew he would come. But what about her?

"So why were you out? The package? Wanted to pick a bone with the crazy clown? You are obviously not the heroic type. And you certainly aren't one of the runners...Nevermind, probably best not to ask." The hooded girl was rather shady in itself, and was probably involved with other not so legal activities. She broke curfew to get involved in the chain of events that occurred, instead of calling Anti-skill. She knew where'd the delivery would take place, so it was highly improbable she was a wandering girl who felt like she wanted to help.

"You probably don't care..But thanks for helping me back at the warehouse...and sorry for being..an ass. Can't remember if I introduced myself, but you can call me Koyoko. Some call me Yoko but that's annoying." Somewhat sheepishly, the boy rubbed the back of his head, before putting his phone away and looking at the hooded girl. "And since you probably wont give me a name either, I'll call you Icey Hot. Fits someone who is emotionally cold, but also uses fire...Or maybe Slim Shady since you look like a hoodlum in that oversized sweat shirt."
Damion Koyoko
Damion Koyoko
Level 2 Aero Hand

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleister Crowley Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:22 pm

For someone who was usually so timid, exercising her hacking abilities in this way was perhaps the closest she would get to the thrill of an adrenaline rush. Breaking the rules, chasing some mysterious forbidden prize. And considering her talent, it wasn't often she came up against a real challenge.

Decrypting the drive proved suitably taxing, even for one of Kazari's skill. But that alone made it all the more worthwhile. It suggested a secret worth concealing. And if what lay inside was proportionate to the strength of the lock protecting it...

And yet its contents proved almost as bafflingly impenetrable once decoded. Research documents and experimental reports regarding chemicals, compounds, and substances that the girl could not recognize. Test data from countless subjects collated in the form of screen-spanning spreadsheets, tables, and charts. Hundreds of files, each as dense and obtuse as the last.

She was no researcher, so understanding it was beyond her ability, but what was clear was that the material she was looking at was the kind a company would take drastic measures to secure. It didn't take her long to find the name of said company. Arisawa Science and Research. The name itself was unremarkable. There were plenty of research foundations within the city, such that their names tended to blend into one another. They were just another part of the background noise of the so-called 'city of science'.

But something about that name struck her. She had heard it repeated a lot recently. Something to do with a recent case perhaps?

Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:04 pm

And done.

Wiping away the sweat that had formed on her cute bangs-covered forehead, the petite middle school hacker feared as the infamous Goal Keeper, fell back into the soft confines of her office chair. That had been something to chew one, but in the end, it had paid off naturally.

Having tasted the fruits of victory for long enough, she’d immediately proceed to begin a head-first dive into the data. It was vast, convoluted and easily above her pay grade. Clearly above any student’s to be precise. And yet she tried her most to go as deeply into it as she saw herself able to.

«Arisawa Science and Research.»

She muttered, lost somewhere within the information overload.

«Wait. That gruesome murder that was all over the reports…wasn’t one of the victims working there…?»

Uiharu wasn’t speaking to nobody in particular, but simply expressing her thoughts loudly as she kept digging in the archives she had just unlocked. Oda Taichi may have been next to her while she did, but she didn’t exactly expect him to comment on it.

However, just when that had crossed her mind, she finally understood the value of what they had just found. She could draw the connection. And as she did her eyes widened.

«Oda-san, just where did you get this? This data could easily be connected to those murders that happened in District 15! We need to hand this over to Anti-Skill immediately!»

While she hadn’t known of his previous involvement with the case, this had been enough to cause a reasonable amount of worry and suspicion to form within her. Yet, as long as they would make sure to hand it over, there was still a way back. Otherwise, it was hard to guess what that girl would do.
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:49 pm

Taichi seemed reserved about the whole affair while Uiharu had investigated the USB. He imagined many things and could only hope for one outcome. He needed proof to clear his name and his hope was strengthened upon Uiharu's victory. Though what both of them found was something beyond their understanding as neither of them were researchers. Oda Taichi was more at a lost since he wasn't the most intelligent among the Judgement fold.

He even seemed momentarily at a loss while falling back into his seat and as Uiharu asked her question he would respond without holding back. "Well? To be honest I grabbed it from a bag while dangerous people were fighting over it." he spoke honestly showing he had nothing to hide.

He even covered his face for a moment out of frustration over it. This wasn't the hope he was seeking from the USB! Maybe he was expecting far too much from it.

"And how does this even clear my name?" he asked not expecting an answer and thought about the situation.

It was when Uiharu suggested they turn this USB into Anti-skill that he would remember something.

That interrogation by them last night? Why didn't they make sure he headed home and not rush towards the Warehouse? Did they want him to go there? He wasn't sure about it, though he agreed with Uiharu.

"I agree that this should be handed to Anti-Skill straight away. I think they're called Yomikawa Aiho and Tessou Tsuzuri. They're both Anti-skill officers who are working this case and probably the only ones who can be trusted to act on this information. We should try contacting them." Taichi spoke while sitting up to face Uiharu and though he had no idea how this would help him, but he had to trust in the institutions that were a major part of his life.

Though after last night he couldn't be so naive to not take precautions. They were dangerous people last night and if something happens to him at least Uiharu could pass the information along separately.

"Maybe you should also make a digital copy and send them the information? Or something? I feel like this might be too valuable just to keep on this USB alone." Oda suggested though Uiharu may have alternative ideas.

"Arisawa Science and Research?" Oda said openly, thinking about his next steps.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:15 pm

There was no denying for Uiharu Kazari that the story behind the flash drive sounded dangerous, yet in the end all she did was nod and accept it. At some point of working with Shirai and being friends with Misaka she had become used to this kind of circumstances. Furthermore, this office did also inhabit someone who’d get themselves into the hospital as the result of crazy incidents, yet not because they were some reckless hero, but for their very own stupidity.

«Yes, that’s a good idea. If we hand it to officers we can trust, we can be sure that the information will help!»

Her innocent smile was a sign of her own girlish naivety in all of it. Still, that was the belief held by one of those 2.3 million students who had to trust in the adults’ abilities to protect them. Even then, she still couldn’t help but to surprise him in the very next instance, still smiling.

«You really should stay out of trouble, Oda-san. Being a suspect is one thing. But getting involved with further incidents, taking evidence from the scene and holding it back until the next day, only to attempt cracking it by yourself in the meantime, is basically the reddest flag you could possibly trigger.»

She had seen through everything. Even when they had talked and he had attempted to keep eye-contact with the girl, she had easily continued working on her computer, not simply doing the cracking work, but actual research on the city-wide databases. The things she hadn’t found there, she had gotten hold off through her own deductive skills. And yet even after having seen through all of it she would keep that sugary sweet smile on her lips.

«I’ll hand it over and pretend that it came in through an anonymous tip this morning. Not knowing what I got, I had to crack its security before I was even able to realise what this was actually connected to. Nobody is here, so nobody saw what actually happened. You just leave and save your own neck. And please don’t do any more dangerous stuff. Promised?»

It would be that simple. That middle school girl with no combat ability whatsoever would take the metaphorical bullet saving her troubled class-mate’s face. No questions asked. Just a good deed straight from the heart.
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:03 pm

Oda Taichi knew it from the moment he took this gamble. Uiharu Kazari was too intelligent not to see through his part in this entire mess. Though he had joined judgment way before Uiharu, she has proven very capable in comparison to him. That fact was proven in how she was so easily able to see through things and that the decision to send the information as an anonymous tip was wiser than delivering it directly.

Turning towards Uiharu he would thank her for the assistance.

"Thank you Uiharu-san, you've always been the more sensible one. I do owe you a favour for this so whenever you need help, just ask." Taichi spoke without knowing what way he could provide help and thought even if it means just doing the paperwork he wouldn't complain.

Standing up from his seat he would give his farewells before heading out of the branch. Though he would try to be careful, knowing the next step he had to make, it may be impossible to stay out of trouble.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next