Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

Looking for a new thread.

3 posters

Go down

Looking for a new thread. Empty Looking for a new thread.

Post  Sir Alexander Beathen Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:43 am

With ballad basically over and just now being finished up with 2-3 more posts, I'm now looking for a replacement for my future thread slot. I'm in no hurry to achieve this or going to pressure other peoples to follow suit. This threads purpose is basically to spark possible interest and be the place where we can discuss and work out the possible thread.

I mean its basically how Ballad was created and I would call that a success in my books. So if anyone is interested please let me know and comment any ideas. I'm up for any type of thread, either being dark side, magic or science side. Obviously, any ideas thought up would need to be passed by the staff members for inspection.

There is also the option of doing an Urban Legend. While ballad was a minor one in itself and created at the time of the thread. There are still options that we may able to ask the staff members to approve beginning.

Though I'm also interested in creating possible magical variations of the Urban legends. Maybe based on supernatural rumours or legends that would belong to the magical world? I mean crazy idea, there are vampires right? So where are the werewolves? Or also called lycans? Those two seem to go hand in hand with most supernatural stories.

Just spitballing ideas.
Sir Alexander Beathen
Sir Alexander Beathen
Elisium928

Back to top Go down

Looking for a new thread. Empty Re: Looking for a new thread.

Post  Leivinia Birdway Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:48 pm

I already commented on it on the chatbox, but I guess I'll also leave an official statement.

First, for a Magic Side thread you'd need Magic Side players and those are currently rather busy, given the fact that the majority is overly occupied with threads.

Further, Urban Legends are a pretty iffy thing and nothing that can be started without staff supervision and involvement, given the scale such things usually have. After all, that kind of thread is usually thought of to have a major impact on the forum's general plot, making it a pretty large scale thing overall...hence nothing to actually launch just for the lulz.
Leivinia Birdway
Leivinia Birdway
Regnum771

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t431-magician-leivinia-birdw

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:53 pm

Right, so while this would be an appreciated initiative in normal times, unfortunately, this is somewhat problematic.

Namely because as an older member, there are still a lot of thread commitments you need to stick to and see to the end (HS, hello), and new isn't always better in the context of needing undivided attention to bring those threads to an end. Whether as proper player or as requested manpower for NPCing.

We're approaching the release of Index III and what will be the resulting waves of members, for whom we need to reserve thread concepts to avoid the fiasco we've had previously of having so many older members have threads to max out their thread slots that there wasn't any space for new members anywhere unless they made threads on their own with other new members and get shoved off to the side. And while I want to treat all members equally regardless of their forum age, people need to remember that it's difficult for a newer member to fit in if they don't have anything to RP in.

I also want to address the matter of Urban Legends being no small feat; they're large threads possibly spanning on the course of many episodes (such as Intensify and Masked Man, currently running and awaiting posts) so they shouldn't just be tossed over as by-the-way ideas like your average SoL threads. Proper interest should be gathered due to the possibility of failures, and you're not unaware that I'm already making plans to kickstart a couple of them by the end of the year.

So all-in-all, I understand and appreciate your interest in continually keeping the ball rolling, but for now we need to properly set out priorities so that things work out on the longer term for everyone, yes? Very Happy
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down