Topsites

Latest topics
» Fodlan Chronicles
by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:51 am

» [SS] Curfew Carnival
by Vita Vesta Caesar Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:30 am

» The Absence Thread
by Vita Vesta Caesar Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:21 am

» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Aoki Aiko Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:23 pm

» Greatest Naruto RP
by Guest Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:55 pm

» [SS Idea]An Unfortunate Gamble
by Kinoshita Nori Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:19 am

» [SS] Arduous Tasks
by Kira Kohaku Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:27 pm

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Atsa Tsinaajinii Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:12 am

» [SS] Unknown Magnitude Serial Catastrophe
by Damion Koyoko Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:21 am

» [Magician] Dagain Askelin
by Vita Vesta Caesar Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:50 am

[SS] Curfew Carnival

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[SS] Curfew Carnival - Page 3 Empty Re: [SS] Curfew Carnival

Post  Saito Hirashi on Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:22 pm

Hirashi watched helplessly as his bargaining chip was blasted away by Ridiculous Hoodie Girl and Grumpy Analyst Lady, who’s name appeared to be Natsumi judging from Ridiculous Hoodie Girl’s shouting. The heat was intense and dust showered the area, blinding Hirashi as Miss Scary Eyes continued to drag him behind her like a child dragging a plushie, a particularly murderous child who seemed to be immune to fire and explosions.

“A pyrokineticist huh, from the way that wall shattered, I’d say she is at least a level 4.” Hirashi thought as his heels scraped against the floor, “Ridiculous Hoodie Girl and Miss Scary Eyes’ power are still enigmas, but I’ll take any information I can get on these people now.”

Hirashi was between a rock and a hard place, he knew that staying with these girls would be bad for his health, but his only other option was to be captured by the Academy City authorities. However, between those two evils, Hirashi would rather see the inside of a holding cell than the inside of a shallow grave. To ensure that, he would need to draw the attention of the security, and ensure his companions do not discover his orchestrations of whatever he decides to do.

Hirashi observed his new surroundings out of the corners of his eyes, they seemed to be in a training facility of some sort, surrounded by abandoned cars and a beautiful glass shell. Below them, researchers and staff scrambled around, seeking the nearest exits as security tried their best to maintain order. Hirashi eyed the crowd hungrily, this could be the chance he needed to slip away!

"Kisaragi, could you make sure he doesn't take the chance to slip away?"

However, it seemed Grumpy Analyst Lady also intended to use the crowd to aid her escape, and now with her specific order to Miss Scary Eyes not to let him escape into the crowd, slipping into the crowd was no longer an inviting option. Hirashi grimaced inwardly as he tried to think of another route of escape, “If I cannot make it down amongst the crowd, then maybe I can lure the security up here and create my own chances.”

As Hirashi ran the possible solutions in his head, a new plan began to take form when suddenly, a sharper-than usual tug from Miss Scary Eyes’ hand sent Hirashi stumbling. With an irritated scowl, Kisaragi half-lifted Hirashi up from the floor and kept going, whilst Hirashi quietly let a few nails escape from his pouch and roll onto the floor before making a show of scrambling back up.

“I have to take control of this situation away from them, no matter if it is a negotiation or an escape, it cannot happen if they are holding all the cards. I need to draw the attention of either the security or our pursuers.” Hirashi thought as he eyed the cars surrounding them.

Bingo.

Hirashi reached out with his power and located the nails scattered around behind them and started gauging their positions. “They don’t seem to know what my power is yet, hopefully they will just scratch this off as bad luck.” Hirashi thought as he did a quick double check of his maths, then sent the projectiles flying into the alarm sensors of the parked vehicles around them.
Saito Hirashi
Saito Hirashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:47 pm

[SS] Curfew Carnival - Page 3 Kisara10

Kisaragi Anko wasn’t the most pleased with the sudden orders she had been given. But what to do? She couldn’t exactly complain. Even though, watching this boy clearly was way below her level of competency. Hell, even dragging him along had been entirely unsuited for her. Still, she couldn’t exactly risk him getting away either. And given that she was the only true professional in the group, she couldn’t rely on the others to perform equally good. Therefore, she couldn’t help it…

«Fine.»

Dropping only that extremely short-note comment she would ensure for her gaze to be glued to their captive. A gaze expressing a clear message: ‹Try anything funny and you’re done for.›

Ironically, only moments later exactly that funny thing would happen. As they had just brought some distance between them and the hole the other two girls had blown into that concrete wall, suddenly the shrill sound of an alarm would be unleashed from one of the nearby cars. It was loud. Loud enough to not be overwhelmed by the sirens. Not just from their position, but also reaching a bit into the distance. A bit too far, sadly.

Immediately the self-proclaimed professional’s muscles tensed, as her glance would switch between the boy and their new company. Someone had caught on with the alarm. Someone had seen them. And someone had seen the odd direction they had been coming from, easily interpreting the entire situation in an unfavourable way. Guards being guards – not to forget the situation at hand – they would immediately jump to the worst conclusion and thus follow their duty. However, they hadn’t made their move directly, but actually done the even smarter thing: Call reinforcements.

«Hey, you overthere!»

So what was currently on the way to greet the small group of escapees wasn’t a pair of low-paid security guards working in a governmental facility who at best carried a baton and a taser, but fully equipped Anti-Skill officers wearing bullet-proof wests, carrying high-tech assault rifles and being clearly well-versed in handling extraordinary criminals.

«Put your hands where we can see them!»

And with how tense their voices sounded and the way they were pointing these rifles, trouble was once more spelled out right before TASK.

«Ack…!»

Feeling a strong pull from her neck, Kamijou Touko found herself stopped in her tracks, toppling over as a result. Dropping onto the floor like that made her realise how battered, beaten and exhausted she already was. Even more so, however, she understood just how stupid she had acted just now, given how easy it had been for the other party to get to her.

«Are you trying to get all of us killed?!»

Fortunately – for once – the assailant turned out to be the boy who had joined Adachi and her just a moment ago.

«What else should I have done!? This is a bad situation, isn’t it!? And charging in like that is unexpected, so wouldn’t that startle the hostage keepers temporarily? That could have created enough of an opening!»

If she was honest, that spiky haired idiot was just making things up as she went along. She hadn’t been an action hero like the average badass you find in any second blockbuster nowadays, so all she could really do was despair and hope for it to have any effect at all. Still, that obviously didn’t work.

So what to do?

«Do you have a better idea?»

«I do! I do!»

Someone else would butt into the ongoing conversation. Judging by their annoyingly irritating voice they were a boy of at least high school age. By their looks, however, they were…an alpaca?! Yes, a walking alpaca with cherry coloured fur, eye-patch, pirate hat and fittingly oversized scimitar had approached. It was an odd, yet cute sight, was each step accompanied by a faint yet noticeable pyon-pyon-sound.

«First of all you’d need to figure out the hostage-taker’s security routine. For example: How do they keep the entire mall under control? How exactly do they monitor all the customers? Do they have guards stationed? And most importantly: Where are their blind spots? Then, in the secondary phase a strategy would need to be formed. Ideally, you already have a party with which to work, but you could easily grow that in the preparation phase. A single individual never has a high success rate, but when multiple people draw on the same string the story will change fundamentally. In no time the hostage-keepers will be overwhelmed and thus beaten. Of course, that is only if the right strategy is chosen!»

Not minding to ask for permission to talk, the cherry pirate alpaca would simply keep going, obviously sunken in their own escape-strategy fantasy. In fact, just from the clearly audible intonation they had chosen towards the end of their sentence, there was no way they were done just yet.

No, that annoyingly irritating voice’s monologue had only just begun!
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

http://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t18-esper-kamijou-touko

Back to top Go down

Post  Aoki Aiko on Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:22 am

"If we can slip into that crowd, we should be get away from here smoothly. It looks like the security guards are all pre-occupied, too,"

Aiko nodded in agreement. This was a good plan, since people were being evacuated already, four more students wouldn't seem out of place at all. Aiko and the others started moving towards the rest of the evacuees, however before they got too far Aiko felt three small objects rapidly accelerate and fly out of her shell. It felt just like before inside the compound before all the car glass shattered. Was this the boy's ability? What was he trying to do? Aiko didn't have time to determine what before the nails collided with the vehicles and the alarms started blaring.  

«Hey, you overthere!»

At this point it became immediately clear what the boy's intentions were. Looks like he had no intention of remaining their hostage, and for good reason, so he decided he'd rather take his chances with Anti-Skill. "Kisaragi, can you keep him quiet, he set off those alarms and is trying to get us caught." Aiko whispered to her Ally.

«Put your hands where we can see them!»

Aiko's heart was pounding. Until now that hadn't dealt with any actually people, just automated defenses. Aiko was basically functioning on pure Adrenalin at this point. The second they were somewhere safe she was likely to just collapse. For now though she basically went all in on the first idea that popped into her head, it was make or break time.

"Anti-Skill over here please help!!" Aiko put her hands in the air beckoning the officers over to the group. "We were standing near the wall and it just exploded, I think this boy is was caught in the blast!"

That was it, her trump card was a bluff. What could she do? These people had automatic weapons and body armor and she had what? A laser pointer? Aiko was betting all her cards that a student calling for help might drop their guard a bit, as well a Kisaragi holding the the boy might convince them he was hurt and convince them further. Though if Kisaragi could keep him quiet, he might actually be a bit hurt as well...

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko on Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:47 pm

[SS] Curfew Carnival - Page 3 Kisara10
A look down the shafts of those men's rifles could send a shiver down anyone’s spines. But for Kisaragi that empty hole was just another natural sight right next to the likes of a bus in the city. It was completely normal. And yet, it was different. Was it the way they had positioned their guns? The shape their grips had assumed? Or had it been their entire posture? Whichever it was, it would tell that average girl exactly what was necessary to do.

«I’ll take care of this. You two, go to Extraction Point A and do the report.»

She whispered faintly.

Then right after she would put on an awkwardly startled smile as she would raise her free hand and step forward, still ‹supporting› that poor boy who had been struck by an explosion.

«Yes, our friend was hit really badly! We need to take him to an ambulance immediately!! He’s been moaning really weirdly this entire time!!»

Raising her voice to a naive girly pitch, Kisaragi’s entire manner of speech had changed to that of your average clumsy teenage girl. And yet, while she would wear that dumb smile all across her face, her grip would only intensify with her fingers digging deeply into their captives arms at just the right spots – he had to be up to the act, too, after all~!

On the other side, the two Anti-Skill officers would react in a confused way, slowly lowering their guns upon the realisation that what they had encountered was really nothing more than a bunch of children. Taking a moment to fully accept that the three girls and one boy were no threat, they would drop their hostility. However, without abandoning the seriousness of the situation.

«Fine. But we’ll still need to have a word with each of you.»

«Ah, don’t worry, Anti-Skill-san~! My friends are actually quite the honour students~! They’ll surely head for the next Anti-Skill officers right away~!»

For some reason the pressure of her grip would grow with each of these weirdly jolly intonations she used. Was this actually some method to suppress her ever-growing disgust at herself!?

«That sounds fair. Come.»

In the end that had somehow worked out. The two men would take the lead while Kisaragi and the soon to be ‹injured› boy would follow suit dutifully. However, the tracksuit girl would still turn back one last time, using a short nod to remind the others to proceed for the time being.

Not too far from all the hectic events revolving around the impound lot, a seemingly shabby station wagon with shaded windows had been parked at a roadside. It was completely embedded into its surroundings not attracting any more attention than any other car in the vicinity. Especially now that the area close-by had been overrun by fire trucks, ambulances and Anti-Skill vehicles, nobody would ever pay attention to an orderly parked station wagon with seemingly no oddities about it.

Still, the interior of said vehicle had been slightly modified. In fact the entire thing was completely bullet- and soundproof, turning it into a small mobile fortress. Further, a small screen and a keypad had been installed into the middle of the dashboard console, while the glovebox itself could function as a fortified vault containing all kinds of advanced technical equipment. Overall, that shabby station wagon with shaded windows would function just perfectly as a mobile base of operations.

With a glance into the rear mirror the man in the driver’s seat was currently searching for his passengers, awaiting the opportunity to finally leave Extraction Point A behind.
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aoki Aiko on Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:44 pm

«I’ll take care of this. You two, go to Extraction Point A and do the report.»

«Yes, our friend was hit really badly! We need to take him to an ambulance immediately!! He’s been moaning really weirdly this entire time!!»

«Fine. But we’ll still need to have a word with each of you.»

«Ah, don’t worry, Anti-Skill-san~! My friends are actually quite the honour students~! They’ll surely head for the next Anti-Skill officers right away~!»

It had worked. The Anti-Skill officer's had fallen for their ploy. Kisaragi and the boy were being led away by the two Anti-Skill officers while Aiko and Natsumi were allowed to evacuate the facility with the rest of the evacuees. Aiko made her way over to join the group of people. The moment she was mixed in with them, just another face in the crowd, she let out a long sigh. It felt like she had been holding her breath since the glass first shattered in the impound lot. She could feel the adrenaline that had kept her going the whole time draining from her body and exhaustion set in. Aiko prided herself on her stamina, but that situation had be way more stressful than anything she’d ever done before, and on top of that she’d had her ability up for the entire time. It was a good thing she never had to push her shell past visible light or she probably would have wiped out some time ago.

As soon as they were out of the driver training facility, Aiko turned down the road, walking about a block till she came the old station wagon that served as their extraction point. As she approached with Natsumi not far behind, she her the sound of the doors unlocking as the driver noticed them arrive. Aiko opened the back door and layed down across the row of seats, leaving the front seat for Natsumi.

“Kisaragi will be meeting back up later. There were some complications.” Aiko muttered out, her face pressed into the seat cushions. “Natsumi, give them the report, I’m going to take a nap.” Aiko wasn’t actually asleep yet, but she closed her eyes to the effect and let herself be overtaken by the exhaustion. The day had been absolute chaos, but in a way, a very scary and terrifying way, she had kind of enjoyed it. She’d never felt anything so exhilarating as this before and knowing now that she was safe in the car, she let herself reveal in it just a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Adachi Tetsuya on Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:16 am

Luckily, the slick-haired boy hadn’t quite started his mad dash behind their impromptu party leader before the “rush-them-and-beat-them-up” strategy was shut down. Quickly hiding his startled expression as Nori began explaining why that was a bad idea, he nodded along and pretended that he knew exactly what was going on.

R-right. Blue-hair’s got it, we should, uh… I dunno. We should find them first before we take them out! Yeah, that’s it.

Looking pleased with himself for stating the obvious, Tetsuya crossed his arms and waited for the next revelation to work its way forward.

“Do you have a better idea?”

The rusty gears in the boy’s head had just begun their turning when the voice spoke up, coming out of one of the mascot characters which seemed to be rather popular around this mall.

"First of all you’d need to figure out the blah blah blah entire mall under control? Something something customers something else guards stationed et cetera et cetera blind spots? Then, in the words words words words words words words, a party something to work, speech speech speech speech blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah…”

Tetsuya Adachi’s head hurt.

The boy who looked like a delinquent waved his hand to try and cut their costumed advisor off. “I don’t understand what you’re saying, but I do understand this. I ain’t seeing any sort of hostage-takers just yet. I’d bet they’re just managing this place from a control room somewhere, relying on the mall to do all the work for ‘em… which means if we find that place, we can bust down the door and give ‘em a one-two beatdown.

As much as he hated to admit it, though, there were a few words that the alpaca guy had said that were ringing around in the mostly-empty space inside his head.

You’re right about those blind spots, though… if they’re monitoring the cameras, even if it ain’t Anti-Skill that’s behind ‘em… how are we gonna get enough of a drop on ‘em to take ‘em out?” Tetsuya glared, shading his eyes with a palm and looking around the food court. The camera for here had to be somewhere, and if he could find it… he’d at least see the sort of places they were hidden in, and could start to think from there.
Adachi Tetsuya
Adachi Tetsuya

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinoshita Nori on Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:56 pm

In the ideal world Nori had in his attempt to stop the crazy spiky haired heroine would've simply ended in him grabbing her and stopping her reckless self righteous driven charge. Sure, he had managed to stop her charge but he had been completely unprepared when girl toppled over as a result. Off balance and with his grip around Touko's collar the Masked Villain was dragged to the ground along with her. All his effort had been an attempt to avoid making a scene and yet here he was accidentally creating an even bigger scene. If there was any benefit to this situation Nori had at least decided which member of the group he was going to use as a human shield if they came under fire now.

"What else could you have done?! Are you some kind of moron?! You don't even know who you are charging at. These people managed to take over the entire mall without anyone noticing until it was too late. I doubt they are going to stand out of the crowd like a sore thumb like we currently are. Also even if we ignored that for now the chance of you startling them and creating an opening is just as likely as them just taking you out on the spot."

They were going to die here. He was going to die here and somehow he knew it was going to be Touko's fault. At the very least he had managed to get her to ask him for an idea. Now they could get together and make an actual plan. Yet before Nori could even open his mouth to suggest they figure out a plan together a new voice entered the fray. His eyes quickly moved to locate the newcomer and the moment he did something deep inside him just gave up.

An alpaca. A pirate alpaca.

Was he dreaming? This had to be some really trippy nightmare. A really trippy nightmare where a pirate alpaca had somehow become the voice of reason. Then again, they had no idea who this alpaca was and they seemed very calm for someone who's work place had just been taken over by an unknown organization. Yet couldn't the same be said about every member of their group before this mascot arrived? None of them had been particularly freaked out by the situation either. Could one of them have been working for the enemies the whole time?

Nori shook these thoughts out of his mind as he snapped out of the blank stare he had been given the alpaca since they had arrived. There was no time to start questioning the loyalties of the people around him. He had to focus on what they could do now. Getting back to his feet he listened to the rest of what Adachi and the alpaca had to say. Finding out who their enemy was and how they were keep watch over the mall was definitely the best place to start. Now they just had to find out how to get this information without getting caught in the process.

"Well its possible we don't really have to find a blindspot. We just need to blend in. There are tons of people panicking throughout the entire mall. We can try to hide in the crazed crowd. The only problem is we'll then be at the mercy of wherever the crowd is going and there is always the possibility of getting trampled by them."

The Masked Villain couldn't stop himself from shuddering slightly after mentioning getting trampled. It was definitely a horrible way to go out.
Kinoshita Nori
Kinoshita Nori
Level 4 Atomic Restraint

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko on Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:39 pm

While the planning was raging between the two boys and their new company, Kamijou Touko’s mind had come to an absolute standstill. Hardly paying any attention to the ongoings she was just staring at that one oddity: The pirate hat wearing alpaca. With a get up like this and a voice like that that individual stuck out like a sore thumb. They stuck out so much that it would throw anyone into utter confusion upon first encounter. But even more so, it would cause a distant sector of that spiky haired idiot’s mind to itch.

Yes, this was oddly familiar.

«What if…»

She was thinking slowly.

She was averting her eyes.

Her mind was rattling.

«…it’s what they are…doing…?»

Finally expressing her thoughts, that girl’s head would accelerate, forming new thoughts much more quickly than before.

«What if the hostage takers have blended in with the crowd already? Even if they have the cameras, monitoring the people doesn’t only require watching them. You’d need to hear what they say to get an insight into the general mood. And to find out if anyone is planning anything!»

It was as simple as that. Camera footage clearly had its limits. Even when used in stores, they weren’t fail proof as all that was necessary was figuring out their blind spots. Once a shoplifter did, grabbing the items they desired would be an easy task. That’s for example why stores attempt to conceal the cameras or their current viewpoints by placing tinted glass domes over them. However, if even that measure wasn’t fully functioning, how did stores attempt to fight the issue? Yes, store detectives were still a thing, even in this day and age.

«What if they just stand by listening in to private conversations and butting in to hide their real intentions!»

Upon announcing her revelation, Kamijou would immediately swing her right fist to hammer it straight into that intruding pirate alpaca’s face.

«Don’t think I wouldn’t recognise that style!! You damn clowns!!!»

That hit connected cleanly, launching the alpaca backwards.

However, with another cutesy squeak the mysterious mascot would land on its feet, easily catching balance again. And after it did, an amused chuckle would escape its mask.

«Marvellous! I congratulate you, young miss! You’ve seen through my disguise and done what you had to! Very well done! Very well guessed! I commend you for having seen through our ploy! But that doesn’t mean it’s over! No! This marks the beginning! The true game begins! Our great parade!»

Raising that oversized scimitar – anyone would expect to be a toy – the pirate alpaca lost itself in its words once more, unleashing the fury of that annoyingly irritating voice.

But that was it. Or wasn’t it?

Suddenly a shift occurred as the mascot character would charge forwards, swinging that oversize weapon with the finesse of a master swordsman. And as it would strike, it would cut even the marble floor, revealing just how crazy sharp that blade actually was.

«En garde!»
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Saito Hirashi on Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:02 pm

“Yes, ow there was this huge ow explosion and then this ow really ow nice girl helped me up.”

Hirashi barely managed to squeeze out a reply as Miss Scary Eyes attempted to redesign the shape of his arm. There was no reason for him not to comply, after all, being captured by Anti Skill was the best option for him right now and it was the outcome he had counted on happening. At least with these guys he will not be found dead in some shady back alley, probably.

What Hirashi did not count on, however, was his unwelcome company in the shape of a certain Miss Scary Eyes. “Why did she want to be captured with me? Why did she split up from the rest of her team? Where is her team?” Questions bounced around Hirashi’s head once more as he puzzled over the ninja’s decision to stay with him. “The intention is probably to keep tabs on me, but then why split up? They do not know my power and it would be a folly for any organised group to assume one person can handle an unknown adversary.”

And with a voice as sweet as honey, Miss Scary Eyes sealed the deal. As much as he disliked playing along with a plan which he does not the destination of, the bomb explosion story was quite convincing, given how ragged and tired they all looked. Additionally, Miss Scary Eyes is unlikely to try anything whilst under the eyes of Anti Skill, so Hirashi saw no harm in following her lead for now, at least until he form a new plan.
Saito Hirashi
Saito Hirashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko on Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:29 pm

In no time the two officers would guide the odd pair through the evacuating crowd, past the fire trucks and ambulances and even past the Anti-Skill vehicles stationed around the area. It seemed as though they were trying to get the two as far away from the tumult as they could, so that nothing would interrupt their short interview. With the noise of sirens, the loud shouting of the officials and the general panic of the civilians that did appear plausible.

«We’ll be interviewing both of you individually.»

Furthermore, the officers wanted to get the full story from each of the two, possibly snuffing out any in-discrepancies between the two perspectives. The usual protocol.

However, to do so they would bring the two of them towards a remote alley with two intersections. While the still jollily stupid Kisaragi was asked to follow officer A around a corner, officer B would lead Hirashi a bit deeper into the alley. A dark place indeed. With only little light finding its way between the buildings and a lingering silence only disturbed by the distant blaring of the sirens, the place itself felt odd. It was peaceful enough for a good and deep conversation, but it was quite fishy.

Seemingly in preparation for the interview the man was pulling something from his cargo pants’s pockets, fumbling around with what seemed to be a recorder.

«Now. Tell me what happened. All of it.»

That man’s tone had shifted as well. While coated in the strictness of a police officer, it had still held a noticeable politeness previously. Now, however, it had become entirely sharp. Actually threatening.

«If you give me something good enough, I’ll make sure to make it quick.»

Suddenly, that boy’s eyes would wander down another black hole of death. He would find the nuzzle of a gun’s suppressor pointed straight at his face. And as he would, he could feel a very cold pressure.

«Now. What happened in the impound lot? Who sent you? Who were the others?»

This wasn’t the worry one of Academy City’s teachers trying to protect the young life of the students. This wasn’t a police officer’s dutiful attempt at defending law and order. This was something truly rotten. A murderer’s killing intent.

And as if that wasn't enough, the sound of a gunshot could be heard in the not too far distance.
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar on Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:01 pm

[SS] Curfew Carnival - Page 3 Natsum10

Natsumi hadn't bothered to even attempt saying anything to the two Anti-Skill members, especially after Kisaragi took the reins. She'd had it handled after all, and 'acting nice and normal' wasn't exactly Natsumi's forte, and so she left only a curt nod of assent before excusing herself from the scene and going with the blue girl to the extraction point.

If she were honest with herself, though... The truth was that it was pretty much all she could do to hold back an ugly grimace at Kisaragi's sickingly cheerful intonations. Rather than a high school student, she couldn't help but imagine it as the mating call for some excessively effervescent species of bird, instead.

The contrast with her normal self is just too gross...

And yet, the fact that their exit had been secured meant it worked, so complaining, unfortunately, was impossible. For now. Later, she might very well take a chance to harass the older girl about it some. At the moment, her attention was pre-occupied by a swift exit from the building without meeting any other obstacles, and a safe arrival at their destination.

Not unlike Aiko, Natsumi was also hit by a heavy wave of exhaustion when she entered the vehicle. Life and death situations, after all, tended to wear at your nerves and produce a tiredness entirely independent of the actual effort you'd undertaken. Unlike the blue girl, however, she didn't accept the call to sleep, instead enduring it and forcing herself to remain in a state of tension. They weren't actually extracted yet, after all. Death could still come knocking at any moment.

Aiko's amateur status was more than evident in this, but Natsumi didn't bother correcting it. She might mention it later, but for the moment... Well, it probably wasn't going to get her killed. This time.

And so she accepted the task of providing a report of the events at the lot without overly much complaint, and made for a hopefully uneventful trip to safety.
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

http://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t486-magician-vita-vesta-cae

Back to top Go down

Post  Kisaragi Anko on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:18 pm

«That sounds like a loooo~t!»

That was the very first thing said to comment on the report. The screen on the car’s console had been turned on, displaying the words ‹sound only› in a simple black font on white background. However, while there was no visual feed of the girl on the other end of the line, her voice was enough to confirm who she was: Ichigo Ai. The kind of middle school student that had been entirely absorbed by the Harajuku culture, dying her hair pink and always using the cutesy kawaii talk.

«First of all: Good job everyone ♡»

A habit she would not even shake loose in situations as dire as mission briefings.

«With the impound lot in its current state it's very likely that the ambulance has been destroyed beyond recognition. According to what I dug out, it seems like the official story sold to the media is a malfunction in some sensitive equipment. With that, it might also make sense that whoever attacked you is trying to purge the data as well. We’re basically dealing with a full on cleaning operation right now ♡»

She explained with a cheerfully amused voice, most likely digging through all kinds of files such as media reports on her end.

«Ah right. Natsu-chan? There’s a chemical scanner in the glove box. Connect it to the terminal and scan the pills you retrieved from the ambulance with it, please ♡ Whatever data we can get might come in handy ♡»

No matter how cute her manner of speech, that girl treated this entire situation as though it was just another part of her daily routine. It most certainly was. But, unlike them, she was still unusually upbeat about everything that had happened. Still, now that they all had to wait for the results of the scan something needed to keep them busy to pass the time appropriately. Fortunately, the most important question hadn’t been asked yet.

«I wonder. After all you’ve been through today, aren’t you at least a bit curious what all this fuss is about? Guessing is perfectly fine, just so you know, so don’t be shy ♡»
Kisaragi Anko
Kisaragi Anko

Back to top Go down

Post  Saito Hirashi on Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:55 am

“Not again…”

If this situation was dumped onto Hirashi on a normal day, his mind currently would be racing at the speed of sound, analysing the solutions to this problem and the consequences of each and single one of those outcomes. However, today was possibly the least normal day for Hirashi as possible, and frankly Hirashi was getting tired of this, both mentally and physically.

Ever since Hirashi set foot into that impoundment lot, none of his planned-out strategies had worked, his expectations were shattered and everything around him was turned upside down. As Hirashi stared at his imminent doom for what felt like the hundredth time today, he decided it was time to stop thinking so much and just take the most direct path dealing with only the most immediate thing.

Hirashi observed the pistol pointed at him with a worrying lack of emotions and took in the information:

“Semi-automatic, low caliber, hammer uncocked. Hirashi started with the most important object in this equation before moving on, “Fumbling, poor stance, slow draw.” Hirashi followed up his evaluation with the welder of the pistol. Before more information was able to be gleaned, a single gunshot rang out in the distance. As the sound reached his coercer, Hirashi watched his eyes flicker for a brief instant. Once again with a notable lack of emotions, Hirashi uncharacteristically took the opening with a direct physical approach.

Wordlessly, Hirashi applied his telekinesis on the back of the weapon’s trigger, increasing the force needed for it to fire. His power output was nowhere near powerful enough to lock the trigger in place, but that was not his intention, this was only to buy time for a more reliable answer. Reaching out with one hand whilst dipping his other hand into his pouch and pulling out one of his signature nails, Hirashi placed his hand over the slide of the pistol and in between the back of the slide and the hammer, preventing the hammer from striking the firing pin and thus stopped the pistol from having the ability to fire.

“During self defense, try stepping on your attacker’s feet. It catches them by surprise and may throw them off-balance.”
— Self Defense and Combactives Boxset Collection, volume 2, page 162.

Ignoring the pain from his hand being pinched in between the moving parts of the pistol, Hirashi released his pressure on the trigger now that the pistol had been temporarily rendered useless and refocused on the nail in his hand. Bringing his free hand around towards the man’s face, Hirashi recalled the dimensions of his nail and sent it flying towards his opponent’s eye whilst simultaneously planting his heel on the other man’s foot and gripping the slide of the pistol with his trapped hand before pulling it diagonally across towards him.

As the man was reeling from the pain, Hirashi would ready a second nail, intending to go for the soft tissue underneath the man’s chin. This was hardly the usual clean and elegant solution Hirashi took pride in, but Hirashi was more concerned about effectiveness over style this time.
Saito Hirashi
Saito Hirashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinoshita Nori on Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:17 am

What the hell was going on here? The situation had gone from a hostage situation carried out by an unknown group to something that seemed to be coming out of Alice's Adventure in Wonderland. It was absolutely absurd. Before Nori's mind could even wrapped itself around the idea that an alpaca had just come out of nowhere to offer them aid the spiky haired girl had called him out for being a clown. What did that even mean? Who were the clowns? Was there some kind of circus in town? Why was Touko so angry at these clowns? None of it seemed to be making any sense and the masked villains brain reeled as the alpaca took a blow to the face.

Fortunately, the pieces seemed to start putting themselves together when the alpaca began its own monologue. The mascot clearly wasn't on their side and as Nori ran through what Touko had said just a few moments before it finally hit him. The girl was right, the perfect way to hide amongst the crowd and avoid suspicion in a bizarre mall like this would be to hide in plain sight under the guise of being a mascot. Yet before he could put anymore thought into it their newly revealed enemy charged them. Instinctively Nori moved out of the way and watched as the scimitar cut through the marble floor.

"You've got to be kidding me?! The bad guys are a bunch of mascots!"

This was supposed to have been such a simple task and now he was at risk of getting chopped to pieces by a man dressed up as an alpaca. It would be such a stupid way to go. To get killed by a villain dressed up as some stupid animal. He was suppose to be the villain. The Masked Villain. Yet here he was playing the good guy in a situation that felt like it had come out of a strange comic book. This alpaca was stealing his job and there was no way in hell he was going to let that go. With that in mind he began to try to move behind their new opponent while hoping someone else would take the front.

Sure, taking the flank and trying to force someone else into direct conflict with their swordsman was a cowardly decision but as far as Nori was concerned it was much better to be smart and alive than brave and dead. At the same time it was much easier for him to target an object when he didn't have to worry about dodging a blade at the same time. With that in mind the Masked Villain set his eyes on the mascot's uniform and began to reach out with his ability. The plan was a simple one, freeze the alpaca alive within their suit while someone else kept them distracted. Of course, the whole plan relied on the rest of the group figuring out what he was trying to do while the alpaca remains in the dark. Thinking on the matter though he really should've told the group what his ability was before charging into battle. The craziness of the situation really had him off his game.
Kinoshita Nori
Kinoshita Nori
Level 4 Atomic Restraint

Back to top Go down

Post  Kisaragi Anko on Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:37 pm

The problem with any strategy was always the grade of the assessment one was able to do about the enemy.

That man hadn’t been an amateur. In fact, being a member of Anti-Skill alone made it very likely that he had had some military or other special forces background. As such he would know his business rather well, or at least be capable enough to not run into a situation like this carelessly.

With his eyes focussed on the boy, the kill-hungry officer would not let himself be fooled easily. One wrong step and he’d shoot – his resolution was as simple as that. After all, no child in this city could be assumed to be a just a simple student, was it all too common to encounter a middle school girl holding the destructive capabilities of a tank.

Thus, when the boy had moved his hand to reach out for the officer’s gun, the man would pull his weapon back nearly immediately, avoiding the attempt at a textbook manoeuvre anyone in his craft should know. And when he did, he would fortify his defences, entirely dropping the assumption that this would be anywhere near an ordinary high school boy. Now he was entirely sure that what he was dealing with was an enemy he had to face with utmost care. Thus, he had to be incapacitated immediately. Questions could be asked later.

However, while his movements were fast and on point enough to avoid any further standard moves, like the attempt to step on his foot or the idea of twisting the weapon away, that Anti-Skill officer had been unable to do anything about the sudden projectile sent straight towards his face.

«AAAAARGH!»

Somehow it had still scored a hit. But instead of digging right into his eyeball it had cut across the side of the murderous officer’s face, tearing off a portion of his ear in the process.

«You little bastard!!!»

With his killing intent further ignited by his newborn rage, the man would immediately readjust his handgun. This time with the skill and precision of the professional he actually was. It hadn’t been his first kill. It hadn’t been his first time experiencing combat. But it had been the first time he had taken damage like that. Something he was eager to not let sit just like that.

«I won’t let you get away with this! Suffer!»

Three quick presses. Three precise shots. Two for his legs. One for the side.

But would he hit?
Kisaragi Anko
Kisaragi Anko

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar on Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:51 am

At the cue of the audibly pink-sounding voice, Natsumi's scowl achieved a new low as her low mood managed somehow to fall even farther. The one speaking to them was none other than their 'woman on the phone' that all groups such as theirs had, who performed the role of being their minder and the intermediary between them and the ones really pulling their strings. If an analogy were to be made with a typical corporate structure, than comparing her with a manager would be most accurate. And like most managers, she carried with her the authority to fire them at will...

In the absolute most literal of manners, at that.

Even the densest of idiots could tell why someone would be unhappy having to interact with someone like that, but in Natsumi's case, the problem ran somewhat deeper. While it was certainly irritating having to listen to the girl. While it was aggravating being in a position where she could be easily talked down on. What pissed her off more than any of that was that obnoxiously cherry-pink cotton candy voice of hers. Just from listening to her speak, Natsumi could tell that she was one of the types of people she got along with absolute least. Most likely, meeting in person would only confirm her suspicions, but fortunately(?) such an opportunity would likely never come to pass, with the pink girl remaining in distant safety. A smart move, considering anything would swiftly get her killed.

«With the impound lot in its current state it's very likely that the ambulance has been destroyed beyond recognition. According to what I dug out, it seems like the official story sold to the media is a malfunction in some sensitive equipment. With that, it might also make sense that whoever attacked you is trying to purge the data as well. We’re basically dealing with a full on cleaning operation right now ♡»

"So automatic turrets are 'sensitive equipment now? The higher ups' taste is as wonderful as ever," she said sarcastically.

Despite the attitude, she obediently took the item from Aiko and placed in the scanner as instructed. Useless disobedience wouldn't get this job done any faster, or do anything about the fact that she had to do it. The best course of action was to avoid all obsequious detours and head straight to the destination; she didn't have any patience for idle chatter or endless fetch quests.

«I wonder. After all you’ve been through today, aren’t you at least a bit curious what all this fuss is about? Guessing is perfectly fine, just so you know, so don’t be shy ♡»

With that in mind, her response was perfectly predictable.

"If you're going to tell us, just tell us. The fact that you're still talking means that this shitshow isn't over yet; whatever relevant info you have, spill it."

As she spoke, she found herself glancing not towards the front of the car where the speakers were emitting strawberry girl's voice, but rather to her side where her erstwhile companion was attempting to slumber. While she could sympathize with the desire to close up and take a nap, they weren't through just yet and the less people she had to repeat whatever she was about to hear to, the better. Aiko was going to have a light a fire under her ass and get moving again, unfortunately.

So that was exactly what she received: a fire under her ass, perfect for rousing one to wakefulness. While some panicked patting would be enough to remove it before it caused any damage to tissue or garment, when it came to promoting awareness and driving away sleep, it's effectiveness was all but guaranteed.
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

Back to top Go down

Post  Kisaragi Anko on Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:47 pm

«My my my! Impatient as always, Natsu-chan! And here I was hoping that you had finally softened up a little bit. Ahaha ♡»

That girl’s response was one entirely devoid of the tension Hujisaka had displayed. Actually, it was exactly how their personalities had bounced off of each other in previous encounters, did both girls have an entirely different background and view on life. Those things do go deep, after all.

«Just remember that this isn’t the way you should talk to your superior. I’d prefer if we just saw each other as senpai and kouhai, you know? That way everyone is bound to get along waaaaa~y better ♡♡♡»

What was this girl? A natural airhead or an excellent actor? Threatening someone only to immediately switch to the most sugarcoated display of girlishness mere seconds later sure was out of this world.

However, as one specimen of the pills was placed inside the scanning device connected to the console, she would fall silent. A graphic interface would pop up on the display, showcasing the completion rate of the scan, followed by deeper chemical information regarding its compounds and so on. Overall, it may have been hard to follow everything with only a student’s knowledge on the matter.

«Anyway. What you guys brought home today is a highly demanded item on the black market. Basically it is a mind enhancer, expanding the human spectrum beyond anyone’s imagination. Or in short: It’s some extremely new Academy City drug with mind-blowing effects.»

Stripping her voice of that cutesy cheerfulness she would underline the tone of the situation. Only to be flipped upside down just the very next instance.

«Sooo what you delivered just now is evidence of a drug trafficking operation. There were suspicions saying that a small number of ambulances has been involved in this kind of thing, but until now there was no proof. After all, the people behind it have some big shots cleaning their traces – as you may have seen. Sooooooooo – as you figured – this was only step one. Now we need to track the source down and deal with it. But to do so, how should we proceed in step two~?»
Kisaragi Anko
Kisaragi Anko

Back to top Go down

Post  Adachi Tetsuya on Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:24 am

Adachi Tetsuya was a man of action.

He certainly had no idea what was going on. Why the alpaca would offer help, only to reveal that it was one of their enemies all along. Figuring that out had been Touko's call, and the boy had been relieved to see her punch had connected with the correct target. He had cracked his knuckles as he saw the alpaca fly backwards, ready to follow up the team's lead.

All too quickly, the situation had changed.

With only a few gloating sentences and a two-word phrase, the costumed attacker had turned things around, and Tetsuya had to hop back to get out of that sword's path. A path which Touko was still in.

Gritting his teeth, the boy who looked like a delinquent made a series of executive decisions in a split second. "Grrrraaaaaaaaaaaah!" The self-adjusting coffee table's legs whined in protest as they left the solid ground, trying to figure out how high they ought to make themselves as they sailed through the air towards the alpaca costume. A world-class pitcher, Adachi Tetsuya certainly wasn't - but he'd like to see Sandy Koufax or Hideo Nomo throw a table that quickly.

Touko, it's your department now. He couldn't wait around to see the result of his move - he had to get ready for the next shot. With his back turned, Tetsuya seized a strong grip on the TV set and attempted to relieve it from its position. With a few tugs, most of the cords separated - save the one thick metal wire clearly intended as an anti-burglary mechanism, keeping the television chained down. The boy grunted in annoyance. He didn't have time for this.

Two more tugs, a few more seconds, and something cracked, freeing one end of the anti-theft cord. Whether it was the stand or the TV, he couldn't see over the bulk of the thing he was carrying. Regardless, he had another projectile. Focusing again back on the battle, Tetsuya scanned for where he could best toss this one to make an impact.
Adachi Tetsuya
Adachi Tetsuya

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko on Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:03 pm

A three way was quite the challenging kind of fight. While the one on one would allow for all focus to be placed on a single individual, a two on one already forced one to split their attention. Thus, facing three people simultaneously would turn to be rather demanding. However, with their flippant style of speech and gesture it was questionable if the pirate alpaca actually saw it that way.

«Uooooh!»

Even when he was interrupted at pinnacle of executing his lethal manoeuvre that mascot would only shift the trajectory of its strike to meet a different direction. As a result, instead of a pointy haired idiot that table flung at him would be cut neatly. No effort whatsoever.

However, that action wouldn’t be without effect. Kamijou – now saved from dismemberment – would not leave an opening unexploited, charging forward immediately, ready to hammer down another of her trademark right fist punches to the face. This time ensuring to pack her full force behind it.

«You’re not gonna get a—huh?!»

And yet astonishing speed, perfect execution and mischievous timing were of zero value when faced with the might of a spinning kick into the abdomen, knocking all air from her lungs while launching her backwards in the same way her enemy had been supposed to right there.

It didn’t end there, though.

That cherry coloured alpaca would spin to direct its wrath towards the third in the group, unleashing upon them the invisible sensation of a pressure wave being let lose from the scimitar’s blade, quickly crossing the distance and knocking them even further than the first victim had. A surprise attack by all means, given that there had been absolutely no way he could have anticipated the sneak-up move. Was there a second pair of eyes hidden underneath that fur or was some super natural force at work? Whichever, it would make sure to interrupted the masked boy’s calculations and thus his scheme.

«I cannot stop commending you! Your eagerness! Your dedication! They are top notch! It has been quite a while since I last faced opponents this stunning! I shall take you all!»

Readjusting the scimitar in his hand, the cherry blossom pirate alpaca would use his irritating voice to announce his confidence reeking acceptance of the challenge.

But what exactly was it that gave him said confidence?
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Saito Hirashi on Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:17 am

«You little bastard!!!»

The gun was still operational and the attacks failed to incapacitate the target. Zero options, zero time.

Three muffled shots rang out in the alley.

The first shot was slow, thanks to the pressure he applied to the back of the trigger. However, at this distance, one was all he could really avoid. The remaining two shots bore into Hirashi’s left leg, their impact swept his leg out from beneath him and Hirashi fell to the ground, releasing the contents of his pouch onto the pavement. Nails, wires, and a roll of tape spilled out and rolled all around the boy and the gunman.

"When in pain, it helps to focus on the exact sensation of pain,  where it originates, and its actual intensity, instead of immediately associating the pain as “bad” and backing away from it mentally."

With this in mind, Hirashi focused on the pain rather than shrinking away from it, it seemed that the shots went through above the knee, but not being a medical professional, that was the extent of the information he could glean on his current condition, but the damage did not seem to be too bad, at least for now.

Hirashi returned his mind to the more pressing issue at hand, he was all out of options, the only way out now is to incapacitate his adversary before it was too late. There was no more need for subtlety or for elegance. Still face down on the floor, Hirashi recalled the dimensions of his nails, and disregarding the accuracy, he sent them at his assailant in twos and threes, pelting him from all directions with nails traveling at the speed of a car.
Saito Hirashi
Saito Hirashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Kisaragi Anko on Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:32 pm

What had ultimately happened was not entirely what the boy had thought.

Kisaragi Anko had not been as surprised as her company had been. In fact, she had read the signs early on, right when these two Anti-Skill officers had greeted them with the shafts of their rifles. The way they had held their guns and the demeanour of their targeting had spoken of their intentions rather loudly. Therefore, she hadn’t simply jumped onto their bait to allow the others’ escape, but intently decided to go through all lengths of whatever would happen just to ensure she would gain the upper hand eventually.

And in the end that had resulted in that other officer attempting to pull his gun on her. However, just before he had been able to attach the suppressor on the nuzzle, she had already launched her counter attack easily incapacitating the enemy with lethal force, although not preventing a shot from going off.

Carefully confirming that her enemy had been taken out, she would then direct her attention towards the boy that had been with her. As such she would immediately head off to where he had gone to earlier.

Yet, instead of a clumsy entrance of simply storming out there, she made sure to keep a low profile. Thus, she would once more use the blind spots to her own advantage, diving into the shadows between the buildings and behind the cover offered by the scenery. This would lead her to take position behind a large dumpster.

«I won’t let you get away with this! Suffer!»

It was then that she made her move. Grabbing the first item in sight – a still sealed, full to the brink glass bottle – and flinging it, she would become that boy’s guardian angel.

Thus, what collided with the area right above his knee and knocked him over was not actually a couple of bullets, but the sturdy outer shell of an abandoned bottle thrown with the high-class precision of a true professional.

It was powerful. It hurt. And paired with the imagery of this merciless killing attempt, his mind would surely play a trick on him, mistaking one terrible sensation for another.

The rest, however, would still play out as he had imagined.

The clearly ill-intended Anti-Skill officer with a piece of his ear missing was slowly approaching his weakened prey to satisfy his own hunger for blood. Each of his steps was performed to invoke a sense of dread within his victim. The crunching sound of dirt as his shoe soles would grind it against the ground serving to become a harbinger of vengeance.

And vengeance it would be. Just not his.

Before he could even adjust to the situation, a hailstorm of nails would shower upon him from all sides. While his eyes widened in shock, his mind was not able to catch up. With a wound like this, no normal Esper would be able to perform their calculations properly. And even if, pulling off a manoeuvre like that would be too risky to be even in consideration. Or so he had assumed, ultimately judging the boy by his status as a student and nothing beyond.

The nails would hit him right where he stood. Many would be blocked off by the heavy combat gear making up his uniform, however, others would still find their way through the gaps between his armour. And as they did, that man’s agony-filled screams would become testament of that messy attack’s success.

«Stop.»

Yet, only after a short moment after that open air iron maiden had opened, a dull impact caused by another (this time empty) glass bottle would come for the back of his head – not knocking him out, but at least interrupting the train of thought necessary to perform his calculations.

«I still have use for him.»

Finally, stepping out of her cover, that scary-eyed girl in a bordeaux coloured tracksuit would make her appearance once more. Her mien serving to express her displeasure at the scene before her.
Kisaragi Anko
Kisaragi Anko

Back to top Go down

Post  Aoki Aiko on Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:23 pm

Aiko listened intently while Natsumi gave her report on the situation... or that was what she had intended to do. She had only meant to lay down for a brief moment, her comment about taking a nap merely a joke. However when that wave of exhaustion had hit her, there was nothing she could do to stop herself from slipping into a comfortable slumber not but a few words into Natsumi's report. After a few moments, Natsumi reached back and pulled the box Aiko had been carrying out of her hoodie pocket. Aiko let out a small giggle, being tickled by Natsumi's attempt to retrieve the item from her pocket while she was in a face down slumber. Another moment passed.

Something felt off...

«Anyway. What you guys brought home today is a highly demanded item on the black market. Basically it is a mind enhancer, expanding the human spectrum beyond anyone’s imagination. Or in short: It’s some extremely new Academy City drug with mind-blowing effects.»

Something felt Hot!

«Sooo what you delivered just now is evidence of a drug trafficking operation. There were suspicions saying that a small number of ambulances has been involved in this kind of thing, but until now there was no proof. After all, the people behind it have some big shots cleaning their traces – as you may have seen. Sooooooooo – as you figured – this was only step one. Now we need to track the source down and deal with it. But to do so, how should we proceed in step two~?»

Aiko snapped awake and screamed out something nonsensical as she instinctively started patting out the flames before she knew what it was causing her discomfort.  

"We need to get to the grocery store!! The cake is 75% Off!!!"

Clearly this was not an answer to the question just posed, but rather a stray thought from the dream she had just been roused from. And what an Aiko dream it was, delicious foods at affordable prices, what more could she want. After her outburst Aiko looked around the car, noticing the "Sound Only" text on the screen. "Aha... good morning Ai-Chan."

Last edited by Aoki Aiko on Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Adachi Tetsuya on Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:10 am

"...I shall take you all!"

The insufferable arrogance of the alpaca-suited student was as grating as his voice to the boy holding the TV. Seeing his current allies getting beaten back by a single opponent so easily... It brought back bad memories of when all the Lost Party's defenses had crumbled to a single Judgement squad, and all he could do was fight the losing battle. His grip on the bulky object tightened in frustration. They wouldn't lose here.

"Oi! Don't mess with me here..."

The boy who looked like a delinquent shouted out in a rage. The problem, he knew, was that scimitar. He was a close-range sort of guy, and from the look of it Touko was a close-range sort of girl. As for their blue-haired comrade, he looked like he was depending on the other two to distract the assailant while he used his ability – and those two couldn't do that if they couldn't get in fistfighting range. The blade glinted in the yellow, incandescent-styled lighting of a midcentury American living room, and Tetsuya found his next course of action.

If it was metal, it would burn.

Tetsuya pivoted on his foot as he spun around, slinging the television at the mascot with all the centripetal acceleration he could muster. As soon as it left his grasp, he leaned into the spin further, dropping to the ground and rolling towards where the pieces of the coffee table lay. Standing on it while it was upside down and kicking hard at one of the legs, with a few slams of his foot the metal pole gave way and fell to the ground.

Without any delay, he picked it up and turned to face the alpaca, swinging it around in as much a theatrical display as a method to gauge its weight and how it swung. Pointing it out in front of him like a sword of his own, an aggressive grin spread out from cheek to cheek.

"You think you can take us all on? Don't think you've seen anything yet! Just because you don't have to show your face in that suit doesn't mean you can do whatever you want!"

At those words, orange flames spread along the outside of the table leg, licking the air about three inches above the surface. Once more, the slick-haired boy brandished the stick threateningly. He just had to get in contact with the rapier for long enough, and he could easily make things too hot to handle...
Adachi Tetsuya
Adachi Tetsuya

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar on Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:53 am

"You're still on the clock." Not quite disdainfully, but certainly in a manner that denoted no particularly large amount, Natsumi confirmed that she hadn't gotten sloppy and gave Aiko what counted as, at least coming from her, a polite greeting. Even if there was an only barely repressed 'idiot' tacked on to the very end there.

But at any rate...

"A drug trafficking operation? This just reeks of trouble." There were all manners of violence that spat on the very concept of the sanctity of human life happening beneath Academy City's surface, but even among those drug trafficking tended to attract a more disgusting lot than most. No matter how horrid even the most unethical of experiments might be, at the very least they had a specific purpose, and would only devour lives up until that purpose was fulfilled. There was a defined end to the carnage.

Drug trafficking, on the other hand, wasn't a scientific enterprise. It was a capitalistic one. The goal was profit. Finding victims, devouring them, and using them to find yet more prey in an everlasting cycle. Consuming a limitless quantity of lives for nothing else but the accumulation of profit. It was an evil different yet again from both the political assassinations and dark experiments that mostly inhabited the city's underbelly.

The fact that they were being sent in didn't necessarily mean that they were shutting down the operation, but it was a clear message that someone up top doesn't like how things are being run currently. And as for the strawberry girl's question...

"No matter how well they hide their tracks, their operation as a whole can't exist without users. Find them, and work our way up the totem pole to the sellers and onwards."

It was a textbook response, and she repeated it as dryly as it deserved. But the strawberry girl wanted confirmation that they knew what to do, and it was clear that Aiko was something of a new hand at this. It was thanks to that that she gave their liaison the straight response they'd asked for. And besides, with how irritatingly roundabout she was being, there was still a chance there was relevant information she was withholding...
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

Back to top Go down

Post  Kisaragi Anko on Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:19 am

«My my my, Aiko-chan. This is no time to slack of~! Or do I have to remind you of the consequences~? I’d rather not, but I believe it helps people understand the value of a state of safety earned by means of hard work ♡»

As cute as her intonation was made out to be that very moment, a cold sharpness was visibly present in these spoken words, being pressed onto the girl’s throat like a knife about to draw blood any moment.

A threat of sufficient nature. Thus, they now should be able to move on.

«We have no interest in the buyers and users. What we care about is the point of origin. The producer and initial seller. In their circles the person running the operation is only known as PHARMACY. They are well-known to be an individual holding the unparalleled skill of developing high class drugs which usually sell for very high prices. We are speaking of types usually consumed by the upper class, but also about items for military purposes.»

In tandem to her explanation the screen would show various imagery of people that may have been customers or possible specimens of the products aligned with PHARMACY’s operations.

«At this point we are have already traced PHARMACY down to their distribution routes for which you have delivered the last missing piece of evidence. As of right now we believe that PHARMACY is using Mizushima hospital as the main distribution centre with ambulances functioning as the delivery vehicles.»

«However, when the ambulance you guys investigated was attacked it wasn’t moving from Mizushima hospital but actually on the way back to it. And it wasn’t empty like it should be after a delivery. Therefore, it can be assumed that this time it was actually moving straight from point origin.»

«The question is: Where did it come from? And how do we figure that out?»
Kisaragi Anko
Kisaragi Anko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum