Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[SS] Another Part Time Job

+3
Hujisaka Natsumi
Guy Li
Shokuhou Misaki
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[SS] Another Part Time Job - Page 2 Empty Re: [SS] Another Part Time Job

Post  Guy Li Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:40 pm

Natsumi's expression was unreadable as she sat in silence. It was as if she had made the decision not to respond, as if that lack of a response could save her dignity. It may have even worked, had a large dollop of cream rolled from her head to her sweater.

'Mimi' looked to Guy as if searching for his advice on how to handle the unexpected situation. Mikoto was also staring daggers at him, seeming to channel her earlier words. "If this place turns into a battlefield it's your responsibility..." And all the while both Misaki and the manager were looking on with almost identical expressions of detached amusement. He knew Natsumi was not the type to attack a stranger indiscriminately. The girl who had inadvertently launched the cake would likely be spared. But he couldn't say the same for the rest of them. And she attacked Misaki or Mikoto... he was certain bloodshed would follow.

Had Guy been religious he may have made the sign of a cross over his heart as he made the decision to throw himself on the live grenade that had landed in front of them all.

He stepped closer and flapped open the handkerchief that had been sitting in the pocket of his uniform.

"My apologies, miss." He smiled towards Chiyo. Allow me to fetch you another. It's on the house." The manager nodded approvingly. Guy moved to gingerly wipe the mess of cake and cream from Natsumi's head. The action only succeeded in smearing it even more. The ambient temperature around Natsumi was already rising to noticeable levels. It felt like standing in front of an open oven door, in fact. And as he tentatively lowered the handkerchief to clean her blouse and sweater he quite felt Natsumi's wrath turn from Misaki to him.

He had figuratively and literally drawn enemy fire onto himself. An unnaturally strong grip closed around his wrist. It felt like warm metal pressing against his skin.

"Touch me again and that hand'll be cinders." She didn't raise her eyes to look at him.

Following Guy's lead 10031 pulled her own handkerchief from her uniform's apron and approached Chiyo gently dabbing at the patch of spilt cake on the girl's uniform with a motion like a cat pawing for attention.
Guy Li
Guy Li
A Certain Mysterious Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post  Masaki Chiyo Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:08 pm

"My apologies, miss. Allow me to fetch you another. It's on the house."

"Huh, really!?! You mean it?!?"

The offer of the replacement cake had caught her totally off guard, though a little common sense would have told her to expect something like that. This was a cafe that, judging by the current clientele, catered to wealthy elites of the school garden. Of course a pricey place like this would replace a cake spilled at no fault of her own. Regardless the fact that the cake was going to be replace certainly allowed her to calm back down.  

"Touch me again and that hand'll be cinders."

The other unfortunate areal cake recipient seemed to be less pleased with the hospitality of the cafe. That or she just held a lot of disdain for that guy in particular though Chiyo couldn't see why she would, the butler seemed friendly enough and also seemed to be friends with Misaka so he couldn't be that bad a person. Almost as if mimicking the butler's behavior "Mimi" then walked over to Chiyo with a handkerchief in hand and proceeded to attempt to get the cake stain out of her uniform.

"Ah, that's okay Misaka-san. I was a little flustered there so I wasn't thinking clearly, but I can clean this off myself. Here watch."

With that Chiyo vanished from the spot she had been standing in. Gone as if she'd never been there to begin with and the cake that had previously adorned her head fell to the floor with a splat. A moment later Chiyo reappeared about a meter away from where she left, free from the cake that had been on her head as well as the stain that was on her uniform. A truly exemplary observer might have also noticed that while before she vanished her eyes and been a shade of brown, they were now a brilliant jade color.  

"See, not a trace left. Ah, sorry Tokiwadai-san unfortunately I can only teleport myself like that so I can't clean you off too."

"If you want, we can share some of the replacement cake with you as well as an apology."

Chiyo Text | Mio Text
Masaki Chiyo
Masaki Chiyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kumokawa Maria Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:18 am

The girl walking down the road was on cloud nine. She could almost say for certain that for once since she had taken up her mantle, nothing objectionable had happened. It was enough that the anyone who regularly interacted with her could say the scowl that had colored her face regularly held some slack.

And so, Hoshino Noriko walked. Her pleated plaid uniform skirt fluttered back and forth as she took each step. Her tied up hair and big yellow ribbon almost seemed to sway in parallel. The red ‘Disciplinary Committee’ armband fastened to her left sleeve, however, seemed to stay unmoved with each step.

She was the rumored disciplinary committee president of Tokiwadai Middle School, a feared presence who was sometimes seen to be reminiscent of both a phantom and a tyrant.

And upon this one moment, she had one thing in mind.

[SS] Another Part Time Job - Page 2 OtMszPc

She could almost feel herself drooling as the thought and the phantom taste of cakes began to encroach on her mind. Luckily for her, the place she was going to was this nice, chic cafe that made some great cakes.

She couldn’t say she was a regular. After all, she was a girl of discipline. But, she was still a familiar face there, for what it was worth. And that was why she could say for certain that the sight that she saw when she had opened the door was not what she had expected.

As soon as she had walked in, she had caught sight of what appeared to be a new waitress who looked familiar. But beyond that, she caught sight of someone teleporting away to the side, leaving a piece of cake to sit in midair before it fell down.

She blinked.

She pinched her nose.

And she turned to the door and began to walk out.

“Nothing to see here. Noooope.”
Kumokawa Maria
Kumokawa Maria
Level 2 Violence Doughnut

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:18 pm

"Welcome back, Miss Hoshino." The manager of the cafe called over loudly to the door as she noticed the girl perform an abrupt U-turn back where she came from. She even placed extra emphasis on Noriko's name. "Will it be the usual? We have an excellent French chocolate gateau today. Freshly prepared." The woman declared, adjusting her glasses.

"See, not a trace left. Ah, sorry Tokiwadai-san unfortunately I can only teleport myself like that so I can't clean you off too."

"If you want, we can share some of the replacement cake with you as well as an apology."

"That's fine." Natsumi's voice was low and level, eerily so. Sensing what would come next, 'Mimi' gently touched Chiyo's arm to guide her back a couple of steps away from Natsumi.

As Guy gently tugged his arm against Natsumi's iron grip, Misaki calmly reached into her purse and held up her phone. With a tuneful hum, she swiped through the apps and squinted, pressing down deliberately with her thumb. The click of a camera shutter sound effect seemed louder than it should have been. She looked at the resulting photograph of Natsumi with cream smeared over her head and a cherry placed almost deliberately on top

"Do you wanna die?" Natsumi growled, releasing a jet of flame that scorched across the table to lick at Misaki's face. Both Mikoto and Misaki recoiled, Misaki's arms clinging to Mikoto as the other girl's body crackled with visible blue sparks. Just as Guy had feared, the powder keg had ignited.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Aoki Aiko Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:44 pm

"That's fine."

Though Chiyo would have preferred to keep the cake all to herself, the Tokiwadai girl seemed to accept her offer. Though somehow, Chiyo had never seen someone accept an offer of cake in such a seething tone. It was honestly pretty unnerving though it also didn't seem to be directed at her. At that point, another Tokiwadai girl came strolling into the cafe and after taking one look at the scene in front of her, swiftly turned around as if to exit the cafe. Chiyo honestly couldn't blame her. The cake adorned Tokiwadai girl seemed almost ready to explode at this point and she wasn't sure what she would do, but all Tokiwadai espers are at least level 3 so something crazy no doubt.

"Welcome back, Miss Hoshino, Will it be the usual? We have an excellent French chocolate gateau today. Freshly prepared."

Chiyo almost laughed. The cafe manager called out to the girl at the door by name, trapping her within the confines of social obligation. Chiyo then glanced back over to the group of Tokiwadai girls next to her. Her attention had been pulled back by the tugging of "Mimi" on her sleeve trying to pull her back followed shortly after by the loud shutter sound of a picture being taken. The blond Tokiwadai girl was standing there with her phone in hand, pointed at the cake covered girl. In an instant, Chiyo realized what was about to happen and she allowed herself to be moved backwards.

"Do you wanna die?"

A growled thread followed by a burst of flames released by the cake covered girl directed at the blond photographer. Chiyo had backed up but she could still feel the heat of those flames. The blond photographer as well as Mimi's sister both jumped backwards, Mimi's sister crackling with electricity. It looked like an electromaster and pyromancer showdown might be imminent.

"Chiyo, if things heat up and sparks start flying, jump in and try and break them up, okay. The food here is pretty good so I want to be able to come back to a building that isn't ash."

"Yeah Yeah, I got it."

Level 3 Electron Shell

Back to top Go down

Post  Kumokawa Maria Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:21 am

It only took a few words to stop Noriko dead in her tracks. She could not take another step further, nor could she push her the door any further open.

Hoshino Noriko was trapped.

By societal convention.

The moment the manager had called out to her by name was the moment she had been checkmated. And so, she could only let go of the door, clasp her hands behind her back, and pivot around her back foot until she faced the manager, all within one single motion.

With a business-like smile that masked all displeasure (or at least most, given a subtle eyebrow twitch), she stated something as equally polite as it was venomous.

“That sounds wonderful. I’ll have the usual, then.”

She resisted the urge to add a sarcastic curtsy to the mix. As much as she didn’t want to deal with whatever was happening then, she couldn’t help but find her sweet tooth keeping her in place.

Her hand lightly tugged at the arm band pinned to her sleeve as she now could no longer look away from the obvious conflict. In retrospect, it wasn’t her sweet tooth that truly drove her to stay. The moment she had caught Tokiwadai uniforms in her periphery was the moment she had been truly unable to leave.

So, she now turned to face the them. Rather than being stupid and standing in between the two of them, she made her first reach from the side, within their periphery.

With her right hand on her cheek and her left hand holding her right elbow, thus spoke Hoshino Noriko.

“My, my. I thought Level Fi—No, students from Tokiwadai would have far better sense than this.”

Unlike with the manager, there was no attempt to hide any of the venom from her expression. She would not let this gross lack of discipline stand.
Kumokawa Maria
Kumokawa Maria

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:18 pm

"Why would you do that?" Mikoto urgently hissed towards the blonde girl currently taking cover behind her. Misaki declined to answer, still smiling innocently and revelling in the chaos she had caused.

"If I die here, scatter my ashes over the school garden." Guy looked off into the distance as he contemplated his fate.

"You're not helping." Mikoto uttered to him, staring down Natsumi with a stern expression. "Don't cause a scene, Hujisaka-san." She urged the other girl, her bangs sparking lightly with implied threat. I won't forgive you if you burn this place down before I can try those Gekota pastries... Part of her appreciated the irony of Natsumi being on the receiving end of an unwanted photograph this time, but gloating would only make this precarious situation worse. "Shokuhou, just delete it." She insisted. Misaki shook her head stubbornly without changing her joyous smile.

“My, my. I thought Level Fi—No, students from Tokiwadai would have far better sense than this.”

That girl's arrival seemed to lower the surrounding temperature by several degrees.

"Ah, Hoshino-san!" Mikoto's eyes seemed to widen in fear and her face froze in a fixed smile of nervous fear as she raised her hands placatingly. "This is- it's nothing serious, we were just playing around. Right, Hujisaka-san?" She looked to Natsumi.

That the girl was able to draw such a fearful reaction out of the level 5 spoke volumes. The only other person Guy could think of who had garnered such a reaction in the past had been the dorm mistress and, on occasion, Natsumi herself.

Natsumi for her part looked towards Noriko, her face still a death mask of grim anger. Her eyes lingered on the girl as if to challenge her for a moment before she pointedly released Guy from her grip and turned away sullenly.

"Yeah. Just 'playing around'." She glared towards Misaki as if willing the girl to drop dead on the spot.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Masaki Chiyo Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:32 pm

"Why would you do that?"

"If I die here, scatter my ashes over the school garden."

"You're not helping... Don't cause a scene, Hujisaka-san. Shokuhou, just delete it."

Even without knowing this girl, Chiyo could tell she was someone to be taken seriously. The moment she spoke, all the action over at the Tokiwadai table came to a sudden halt. Looking a little closer, Chiyo noticed that the uniform the newcomer was wearing appeared to be slightly different than the other uniforms.  More specifically it had the addition of an armband like the kind that judgment officers wore, but this was not a judgement armband. It instead designated this newcomer as a member of Tokiwadai's Disciplinary Committee and this revelation put the other Tokiwadai girl's sudden behavior changes into perspective.  

"Ah, Hoshino-san! This is- it's nothing serious, we were just playing around. Right, Hujisaka-san?"

"Yeah. Just 'playing around'."

If that was enough to get away from the Disciplinary Committee, Chiyo doubted they would be this scared of the girl in front of them to begin with so those poor excused were likely to fail, especially since there had already been actual flames involved. Perhaps some intervention was in order to help stave off too harsh a punishment. Chiyo did feel slightly responsible after all as she was the source of the cake that now adorned Natsumi's head.

"Excuse me, Hoshino-san was it? Don't give put too much of the blame on them. It's partially my fault that things got so heated. I was the one who launched the cake onto Hujisaka-san's head."

Chiyo assumed this would probably be the right thing to do. One of the girls at the table was Mimi's sister after all so she couldn't just let her get in trouble when she really didn't do anything. Also even if Chiyo ended up getting roped in a bit, she wasn't a Tokiwadai student, what could their Disciplinary Committee possible do to her?

Chiyo Text | Mio Text
Masaki Chiyo
Masaki Chiyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kumokawa Maria Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:59 am

With a powerful chilling effect, the flames of conflict that had been burning so brightly in that cafe were extinguished, leaving behind mild embers.

“I see. I see.” It was like trying to hide a rotting carcass under a tarp. No matter how much they tried to hide it visually, the rancid stench would force its way through.

“In that case, we can talk about your punishment later.” There was no hiding it from her. She reached into her pocket and handed over an embroidered handkerchief to Natsumi. After all, Natsumi still had to deal with her own mess and Noriko was someone who would consider herself fair. Certainly not a tyrant.

There was a time for punishments, but not public mockery and humiliation. There was an art to punishment, after all, and sometimes, the delaying of an inevitable punishment was enough to act as a strong deterrent to prevent any further transgressions.

“Till then, how about you all prevent your punishments from worsening by showing proper discipline?”  Her free hand, pulled out and flashed the handle of a familiar object that would bring shivers to the spines of most girls in Tokiwadai before quickly withdrawing it.

With all of her words towards the two level 5s and Natsumi delivered, she turned to face the girl who was from another school.

“Tokiwadai Middle School students are to adhere to firm discipline even from without the confines of the school building. I understand your concern for them, Miss. But, the Disciplinary Committee would be a farce if we tried to make exceptions for breaches caused by another person. Rather than trying to cover for others, it would be much wiser for you to make sure your mistakes aren’t repeated, wouldn’t you agree?”

Her simple, almost business-like smile could pierce for miles. While she was a feared symbol of violence, she could still instill discipline without having to lift a finger. That was the kind of person she was.
Kumokawa Maria
Kumokawa Maria

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:44 pm

"Thanks." Natsumi said dryly as she took the handkerchief with a firm, no-nonsense tug and began to clean herself off.

“In that case, we can talk about your punishment later. Till then, how about you all prevent your punishments from worsening by showing proper discipline?”

"That might be a tall order for these three." Guy commented, immediately earning him a pair of deathly glares from Natsumi and Mikoto and a look of faux innocence from Misaki, who was fanning herself as if she was uninvolved. To have earned that kind of response from Mikoto was one thing, but for Natsumi to back down as well was a miracle. He could only assume that, more than being fearful, the normally standoffish and abrupt girl had simply decided it was more trouble than it was worth to put up a fight with Noriko.

“Tokiwadai Middle School students are to adhere to firm discipline even from without the confines of the school building. I understand your concern for them, Miss. But, the Disciplinary Committee would be a farce if we tried to make exceptions for breaches caused by another person. Rather than trying to cover for others, it would be much wiser for you to make sure your mistakes aren’t repeated, wouldn’t you agree?”

"Well, since everyone's on such good terms..." The manager announced her presence at the table. "Why don't you join tables?" She signaled Guy with a snap of her fingers. "Garçon, please set the table for our guests."

"I don't know if that's such a good id-" Guy was silenced by the woman's stern gaze that told him she'd brook no argument on the matter.

Why do I always end up surrounded by such scary women? Guy lamented inwardly, looking over to 10031. The clone with military training and countless hours of battlefield experience was somehow the gentlest of the lot and compared to the rest. An island of kindness in a stormy sea.

"I'll have our pâtissier bring out your gateau. So please, take a seat." She gestured for the girls to sit as Guy and 10031 arranged the chairs about the table.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Masaki Chiyo Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:25 pm

"Uhh... I guess. Though it wasn't really my fault to begin with..."

Chiyo could see why the Tokiwadai students had frozen when they saw this girl. She was clearly the no nonsense type. It seemed like the rules the Tokiwadai students had to put up with were even stricter than her school.

"Well, since everyone's on such good terms... Why don't you join tables?"

"Eh?" "Eh?"

"I don't know if that's such a good id-"

It seemed like the butler was equally confused by this idea and seeing as the amount of friction going between the parties Chiyo couldn't blame him. Looking over at Misaka, it seemed she was already rearanging the seats to make room for everyone so with a dejected sigh Chiyo and Mio both walked over to take a seat at the other table. Looking around at all the others, Chiyo decided some basic introductions were probably in order.

"I think I heard Hoshino-san and Hujisaka-san's names, but I have haven't heard the rest of yours. I'm Masaki Chiyo and this is my sister Mio."

"Yo."

"From what I heard from Misaka-chan, you are her sister." Chiyo said looking at Mikoto across the table. "But I don't think I caught your name ." Chiyo said as she glanced over at the blond girl.

Chiyo Text | Mio Text
Masaki Chiyo
Masaki Chiyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Amano Imoko Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:21 pm

Stopping in front of the cafe, Imoko glanced at her phone. Since the start of Summer break and being freed from the routine of schoolwork, she was left with far too much free time. Far, far too much. An almost despairing amount, she needed something to do or she'd go stir-crazy.

She had considered getting a part-time job, but she didn't want to be stuck with another routine. She'd probably be fired for doing something she wasn't supposed to anyways. In the end, she decided to just play it by ear. Lately, she started running around and sniffing out different cafes and sweets shops, in the hopes of finding good places to visit once school started again.

Which is why she was here today~ Confirming this was the spot her classmates had recommended, she stepped through the doors and letting the blissfully cool air conditioning wash over her. It was nice getting out of the Summer heat~

The blondie made all of about two steps before spotting the crowded table stacked with sweets. She spotted several students from Tokiwadai, but with the exception of the Queen she didn't recognize most of them. Blinking in surprise, she glanced at the students surrounding the table again. Oddly enough, there seemed to be two sets of twins. What were the odds?

Seeing as some of them were from the same school as her, she didn't see the harm in approaching.

"You guys throwing a party over here?"
Amano Imoko
Amano Imoko
Level 3 Sandstorm

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t1078-esper-amano-imoko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kumokawa Maria Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:07 am

“Well, since everyone’s on such good terms, why don’t you join tables?”

Noriko had no stake in whatever spat was going on between the girls before her. Now that it was quashed, she could theoretically go away, wash her hands of the affair and merely watch from a distance.

In fact, that is probably what most people would have done in her shoes.

“That sounds like a wonderful idea.”

But she was not most people. Rather than trying to snake out of it or show even a hint of reluctance, she took the opposite action. After pulling back a seat, she, with grace befitting an ojou-sama, sat down at the table with the other girls.

No better way to keep the discipline after all.

At least, that’s how it was until a new arrival threatened to throw a monkey wrench.

“You guys throwing a party over here?”

Did the ladies of today have no class?

“Indeed we are. Would you care to join us?”

So, she would overwhelm classlessness with classiness.
Kumokawa Maria
Kumokawa Maria

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:38 pm

"I think I heard Hoshino-san and Hujisaka-san's names, but I haven't heard the rest of yours. I'm Masaki Chiyo and this is my sister Mio."

"Yo."

"From what I heard from Misaka-chan, you are her sister. But I don't think I caught your name ."

Mikoto smiled brightly and nodded. "Mikoto." She responded as a quick introduction.

"Shokuhou Misaki." The blonde girl fluttered her eyelids.

"And in case you're thinking those names sound familiar, yes. That Misaka Mikoto and that Shoukuhou Misaki." Natsumi interjected. It felt only fair to warn the two girls about the conspicuous company they were in.

"You guys throwing a party over here?" Someone else chimed in. Guy turned to greet the newcomer, his eyes settling upon the girl. Another Tokiwadai girl. The manager's wishes were coming true in abundance, it seemed.

Run, run, run. He mentally urged the new girl. She didn't deserve to walk into this minefield. She was still young, with her whole future ahead of her...

Once more Guy felt hope vanish from his heart.

"Here, you can have my seat." Natsumi offered the girl, standing up deliberately. "I've got to bow out of this delightful gathering." Natsumi said, voice dripping with sarcasm "I have other appointments to attend to." She waved her phone like a get-out-of-jail-free card. And as she passed Misaki she shot the girl a cold, menacing stare. Misaki smiled back and waved goodbye to her roommate.

Just like that, hope rekindled in Guy's heart. One danger down, possibly the greatest danger, if he was being honest. And so far neither Hoshino nor the new girl seemed to have recognised him.

"Masaki-san. That's a Shidarezakura uniform, right?" Mikoto commented. "I've always been kinda jealous of the uniforms there." She admitted. "They're a bit more... modest than ours." She tugged at the short hem of her skirt as she sat down, thankful for the pair of shorts she habitually wore underneath.

"Well, perhaps once you've matured a little you'll change your mind." Misaki slid a not-so-subtle jab at her rival, taking a seat on the opposite side of the table, perhaps to make a point.

"What are you trying to say?" Mikoto's bangs flared with sparks of blue once again as her temper flared and she forgot where she was.

"Now now, I think you it looks excellent on you both." Guy chimed in, flapping open a napkin to place down in front of Mikoto, who was quickly flaring a deep shade of red. 10031 followed suit for Chiyo and Mio, mimicking his actions with such precision one would hardly guess she was a novice. "I'm eternally grateful to whoever designed the Tokiwadai uniform. It's very flattering." He opened another and prepared to set it down in front of Imoko. "What do you think, miss..." He prompted her.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Masaki Chiyo Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:34 pm

"Mikoto."

"Shokuhou Misaki."

Misaka Mikoto and Shokuhou Misaki. Heh, our names all sound pretty similar don't they. Wait... those names sound like... No, they couldn't be though... but...

"And in case you're thinking those names sound familiar, yes. That Misaka Mikoto and that Shoukuhou Misaki." Came the irretated voice of Hujisaka-san. Though said with much irritation, it all but confirmed the fact that the two girls sitting in front of Chiyo were none other than two of the only seven level 5's in Academy City. What were the chances of stumbling into not one but two of them in the same place at the same time. A look of realization then appeared on both Chiyo and Mio's faces as Chiyo looked ahead at Mikoto and Mio looked back at 10031, though they quickly regained their composure. Questions regarding the level 5 and her clone were at the forefront of Chiyo's thoughts, though decided that those would be best saved for another time. There were others around that as far as she knew, were not privy to the real relationship of the two. At that moment, the door to the cafe swung open once more and another Tokiwadai girl came walking into the room.

“You guys throwing a party over here?”

"Here, you can have my seat. I've got to bow out of this delightful gathering. I have other appointments to attend to."

With that, Hujisaka-san stood up and exited the cafe, yielding her seat to the newcomer.

"Heh, is this cafe just the Tokiwadai hang out, makes me feel a bit out of place."

"Masaki-san. That's a Shidarezakura uniform, right? I've always been kinda jealous of the uniforms there. They're a bit more... modest than ours."

"I do like both the summer and winter uniforms aesthetically, though long sleeves on the summer uniform can get a bit sweltering sometimes."

"Well, perhaps once you've matured a little you'll change your mind."

"What are you trying to say?"

Suddenly the two were back at each other's throats, sparks arcing across the surface of Mikoto's body and Chiyo realized just what she had almost jumped in the middle of. A showdown between level 5's was certainly not something to blindly jump in the middle of. Not to mention the Hujisaka girl who even made the first move shooting flames at the two. If she was crazy enough to throw an attack at two level 5's, even with no intention to hit, she must be something scary as well.

"Now now, I think you it looks excellent on you both. I'm eternally grateful to whoever designed the Tokiwadai uniform. It's very flattering."

The voice of reason had returned. The butler who kept trying to bring the tension back down was a saving grace. Or it seemed that way to Chiyo. The relationship between the two level 5's seemed to be rocky at best to begin with, so as the butler and 10031 were laying down napkins at each person's spot, the butler turn towards the new face and asked her stance on the matter.

"What do you think, miss..."

Last edited by Masaki Chiyo on Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chiyo Text | Mio Text
Masaki Chiyo
Masaki Chiyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Amano Imoko Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:25 am

"Indeed we are. Would you care to join us?"

"Here, you can have my seat."

"Ah, thank--"

"I've got to bow out of this delightful gathering. I have other appointments to attend to."

With that, the brown-haired girl stepped out of the cafe, leaving her seat behind to Imoko. She would have suggested she'd grab another chair to pull up to the table, but it seemed that girl wanted an excuse to leave the cafe. Did she normally act that way to Shokuhou, or did something happen before she walked in? Had she herself accidentally stepped into a dangerous situation? It was an awkward moment where she felt she had walked in at the wrong time, as if she had walked past an arguing couple. Her intuition was telling her to step away before she got too involved. She glanced at another table.

No. It was too late to back away, it would be rude to do so anyways, especially after being invited twice to join in.

Turning back, "Thank you," She nodded towards Hoshino, before setting her bag down and sitting in the now-vacated seat. Glancing to the table, the pile of sweets was a lot more impressive, and a lot more enticing with it this close in front of her.

"Heh, is this cafe just the Tokiwadai hang out, makes me feel a bit out of place."

"This is actually my first time here, but I did come at a classmate's suggestion, so I suppose it makes sense to see so many Tokiwadai uniforms in one place."

"Masaki-san. That's a Shidarezakura uniform, right? I've always been kinda jealous of the uniforms there. They're a bit more... modest than ours."

Agreed. Imoko picked at her own skirt.

"I do like both the summer and winter uniforms aesthetically, though long sleeves on the summer uniform can get a bit sweltering sometimes."

"Well, perhaps once you've matured a little you'll change your mind."

"What are you trying to say?"

As electric blue sparks flew from the chestnut-haired girl, Imoko came to a conclusion. I suppose Misaki likes riling people up; which would explain why that other girl left.

Fortunately, it wouldn't lead to anything, as the butler that greeted her as she walked in intervened at just the right time. "Now now, I think you it looks excellent on you both. I'm eternally grateful to whoever designed the Tokiwadai uniform. It's very flattering." He set a napkin down in front of the sparky girl, whose cheeks were quickly turning beet red, before turning to place one down in front of her. "What do you think, miss..."

"Amano," She said almost automatically, stating just her family name. "I'm definitely jealous of other uniforms, but I feel that's more because of our strict dress code than the uniform itself. I do like it aesthetically, but I have to agree that Tokiwadai's uniform isn't as modest as I'd like it to be. I like the freedom of it, but I'd like to be able to twirl my skirt sometimes without having to risk flashing someone. It's way too short." After pausing a moment, as if thinking back to something, she stated nonchalantly, "It is useful sometimes though."
Amano Imoko
Amano Imoko
Level 3 Sandstorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kumokawa Maria Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:28 am

Just as quickly as Noriko had entered, Natsumi had decided to make her exit.

Don’t forget that your punishment still awaits, Hujisaka-san.

The girl mouthed out a single sentence to Natsumi as she passed her by and walked out of the restaurant. She had made sure her head had faced Natsumi so she could have her lips read rather than speaking it all out.

On the other hand, with all of the uniform talk going on, Noriko would not chime in on that front, she would focus her attention to the to Tokiwadai girls who had remained in the cafe.

“What did I say about maintaining discipline? Shokuhou? Misaka?”

And her head turned to the butler. Something seemed off. When she looked at him, he almost seemed familiar. As if she had met him before.

But no matter what she tried, she couldn’t put a finger on it.

Instead, she would focus more on a certain thing he had said.

“I am eternally grateful to whoever designed the Tokiwadai uniform. It’s very flattering.”

While Noriko was first and foremost a keeper of the discipline of the school, she also could say that any external existences that threatened that discipline were also a target for her wrath.

“Excuse me, garçon. I would fathom that such a comment may constitute sexual harassment. Would you not agree?”

The glare that had once been directed at the Level 5s was now sharpened even further and pointing towards Guy.

“You can understand how this would be a problem, right?”

The girl reached behind her back, slowly pulling out and exposing to light a fearsome handle she had sheathed not even a few minutes prior.
Kumokawa Maria
Kumokawa Maria

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:19 pm

"I only wish that were the case." The manager said. "Today has been an exception. We've been trying hard to attract customers, but it seems we've got stiff competition in this area." She explained to the twins. "Your coupon and the Gekota promotion were just our most recent attempts at gaining attention. As a family business, we have more to lose than most."

“What did I say about maintaining discipline? Shokuhou? Misaka?” Noriko's threat lingered, but did little to ease the tensions between the two, who locked eyes from across the table like it was some sort of high-stakes poker game or the moment of calm before an old West shootout.

"A loose cannon is one thing, but a loose railgun is quite another. Perhaps you should discipline her, Hoshino-san?" Misaki gave a chuckle befitting an elegant lady.

"The one who needs disciplining is sitting over there." Mikoto retorted. It seemed, with the current situation being what it was, neither side would be making any openly hostile moves. Instead, they both brandished threat of punishment from that third girl who sat between them like a mediator at a negotiating table. It was, in a way, more civilised, Guy supposed. But it still didn't make him feel exactly 'safe'.

“Excuse me, garçon. I would fathom that such a comment may constitute sexual harassment. Would you not agree? You can understand how this would be a problem, right?”

"Now now, there's no reason to get so upset." Guy urged her. "Your uniform looks good on you, too." He added, perhaps he genuinely thought that was the reason for her offense.

"Forget it, Hoshino-san. He's always like this." Mikoto pursed her lips in a wry frown. "You won't get him to act properly with something like that." She nodded to the harisen handle. "Believe me, I've tried." She recalled the number of times the boy had suffered her shocks in the brief time they'd known each other.

"Amano..." Misaki tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Where have I heard that name?" She wondered aloud. "Oh! Could you be Amano Imo-" Before she could finish that thought the door to the kitchen swung open wide and a woman cherubic-looking woman wearing an apron bounced out excitably while carrying a tray of elaborate cakes and pastries.

"Sorry for the wait!" The plump looking baker-girl skipped along, causing 10031 to intercept her halfway to take the precarious tray from her hands before another accident befell them all.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Masaki Chiyo Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:31 pm

"I only wish that were the case. Today has been an exception. We've been trying hard to attract customers, but it seems we've got stiff competition in this area. Your coupon and the Gekota promotion were just our most recent attempts at gaining attention. As a family business, we have more to lose than most."

"Well, if today is any indication hopefully thing will start get..."

"Wait! Did you say there was a Gekota promotion that I missed?!? You wouldn't happen to have any leftovers from that promotion would you?"

The table suddenly felt much livelier as several conversations were happening at once. While the tension between the two level 5's wasn't gone, somehow things felt a little calmer, though for some reason the butler was being accused of sexual harassment?

“Excuse me, garçon. I would fathom that such a comment may constitute sexual harassment. Would you not agree?” You can understand how this would be a problem, right?”

"Now now, there's no reason to get so upset. Your uniform looks good on you, too."

"Forget it, Hoshino-san. He's always like this. You won't get him to act properly with something like that. Believe me, I've tried."

"Oh, Mikoto-san is the butler a friend of yours or do you just come here a lot?"

Before Mikoto had a chance to answer her however a women emerged from behind an employee only door

"Sorry for the wait!"

The larger women was carrying what looked to be the most delicious try of food Chiyo had ever scene. It was covered in cakes and pastries of all shapes and sizes. This had to be too much for just a spilled desert but Chiyo certainly wasn't going to be the one to argue against the large tray of sweets.

"That is one of the most wonderful sights I've ever seen..."

Chiyo Text | Mio Text
Masaki Chiyo
Masaki Chiyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Amano Imoko Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:47 pm

"Excuse me, garçon. I would fathom that such a comment may constitute sexual harassment. Would you not agree?" You can understand how this would be a problem, right?"

Hold on, is this guy actually...

"Now now, there's no reason to get so upset. Your uniform looks good on you, too."

...a pervert?

Imoko uneasily regarded the butler, glancing him up and down while shifting away slightly.

"Forget it, Hoshino-san. He's always like this. You won't get him to act properly with something like that. Believe me, I've tried."

She was distracted by the conversation as the Queen of Tokiwadaii started thinking aloud, tapping her chin thoughfully. "Amano... Where have I heard that name?" Oh no. She mentally begged that Shokuhou was mistaking her for someone else, but unfortunately, "Oh! Could you be Amano Imo-"

"H-hold on--!" She happened to half-sputter half-speak up just as the kitchen door swung open, interupting both her and Misaki. She breathed out a sigh of relief, watching as the chestnut-haired twin in the maid outfit grabbed the tray of sweets before they could topple. It seems her theory that Shokuhou liking to stir things up was true; she let out a brief sigh of relief that the other blond-haired student wasn't able to finish her sentence.

With everyone distracted, she took the opportunity to deal with that bit of blackmail. Imoko cleared her throat, a slight blush on her face from losing her composure. "Shokuhou-san, it seems you have knowledge of some confidential information. I'd be happy to assist you in whatever way I can if you can keep that name a secret."
Amano Imoko
Amano Imoko
Level 3 Sandstorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:14 am

Despite either of their attempts at reprisal towards each other, it was patently obvious that both Shokuhou Misaki and Misaka Mikoto were in need of clear discipline. Rather than taking a moment to dignify either of their comments, she graced them with the cold, unfeeling silence of a girl who represented all the good in the world—or at least believed she did.

Unfortunately, the barrage of uncouthness had decided it was intent on careening forward until it rolled off a cliff.

Though that young man had been accused, he was brazen enough to continue what he was accused of immediately afterwards. He may not have been the initial cause of all of this madness nor was he likely someone she had any authority over.

However…

“So, you think that after getting warned for sexual harassment, the best thing to do was to throw the same behavior at the person who warned you?”

It was debatable whether that statement of his really qualified for sexual harassment. After all, flattery of the patron was meant to be a part of the waiter’s job description in some places.

But none of that mattered. The man had not the discipline to stop after being warned.

"Is that really the route you want to take?"

Her eyes focused on him to the exclusion of all else with intent to pierce much like a dagger. And yet, there was still an air of serenity around her. Even ignoring the entry of the desserts.

A venom-coated serenity.
Kumokawa Maria
Kumokawa Maria

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:44 pm

"Wait! Did you say there was a Gekota promotion that I missed?!? You wouldn't happen to have any leftovers from that promotion would you?"

"I believe our pâtissier is fetching them as we speak." She turned her gaze towards the kitchen door.

"Oh, Mikoto-san is the butler a friend of yours or do you just come here a lot?"

"Well, I don't know if 'friend' is the right word..." She looked to be searching for the right one at that very moment, glancing up to the butler/teacher who was facing down the barrel of a stern Hoshino Noriko. How would she describe her relationship to him, after all that had occurred? Before she could really dwell on it though, the baker made her entrance, accompanying a tray of succulent, sugary delicacies that made her feel fat just from looking at them. Immediately her eyes fell upon one particular item.

It was the objective of her mission. The whole reason she had come to this place at all.

The prized...

The treasured...

Gekota pastry.

The frog's cute, smiling face looked up from the platter where it had been arranged surrounding a large chocolate gateau. Any ordinary person would see that enormous chocolate cake as the main attraction.

Mikoto felt her fingers twitch and she had to hold herself back, taking a moment not to appear ill-mannered before she reached for the frog-shaped pastry.

"Shokuhou-san, it seems you have knowledge of some confidential information. I'd be happy to assist you in whatever way I can if you can keep that name a secret."

Misaki looked at Imoko with blank confusion.

"Confidential-" She stopped, realisation dawning on her. "Oooooooooh. I see." An all-too-sweet smile spread across her face. "Don't worry." She placed a finger to her lips. "I'm good at keeping secrets." She whispered.

“So, you think that after getting warned for sexual harassment, the best thing to do was to throw the same behavior at the person who warned you? Is that really the route you want to take?"

"Harassment? I was just paying a compliment." Guy smiled innocently. Maybe he was oblivious to the threat this girl posed, or maybe he was calling her bluff. "But, if it offends you, then fine. It looks awful on you." He shrugged, but the hint of a sly smirk hinted that he knew exactly what he was doing.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Masaki Chiyo Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:15 pm

"I believe our pâtissier is fetching them as we speak."

"Well, I don't know if 'friend' is the right word..."

Mikoto lost herself in thought for a moment seemingly trying to come up with a good way to describe her and the butler's relationship. Given such pause, Chiyo could only assume that it was complicated. Mikoto didn't have time to finish thinking of a good descriptor because at that time the baker emerged to place before them a tray of decedent sweets and pastries. Dispite the sheer quantity of mouth watering treats, there was one that captured Chiyo's immediate attention. The cute face of the frog mascot starred back at Chiyo as if beckoning her to take it. With no hesitation Chiyo reached for the pastry, hoping to claim it before anyone else even had the chance... however right as her hand was about to be in position, it collided with another hand from across the table.

"Ah Mikoto-san, I can tell that you must also appreciate the froggy cuteness that is Gekota, seeing as you made a bee line for this pastry. However, I must insist that you let me take it."

There was only one Gekota pastry on the tray. If they had any more they surely would have been here. This was probably the first and only chance that Chiyo would have to taste the pastry. Considering the high class of the cafe they were in, it was sure to be delectable as well.

"I recommend backing down on this one Mikoto-san. Once she get's like this she's not going to give up. I can see it in her eyes already that she's ready to fight for it."

Chiyo hopped that having Mio support her own argument would help her get it without contest, should it not, she was prepared.

Chiyo Text | Mio Text
Masaki Chiyo
Masaki Chiyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Amano Imoko Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:43 am

Imoko shivered at Shokuhou's response. She didn't trust her enough that she didn't have some plan up her sleeve, but it was out of her hands as soon as the other blonde almost uttered her name. She'd just have to take her word for it, "Thank you."

With the introduction of more sweets, Imoko grabbed a random pastry and leaned back. She didn't miss the way the two girl's eyes were glued to the tray brought in by the chef, they weren't very subtle about it. Chewing on her pastry thoughtfully-- wait, what was this? It's so sugary and sweet. She savored the flavor of her chosen desert, before turning to take in the sight of a member of both sets of twins reach out, almost simultaneously, for the frog-mascot-shaped pastry. She felt this was one of those situations where neither side would back down, not until they gained that valued sweet. She thought for a moment, finishing her bite and swallowing (it was rude to talk with your mouth full), before speaking up to the two of them.

"Why don't you two share? Cut the pastry in half so you both get equal halves?" She made a chopping motion towards the table, before following with another suggestion, "Or if you both really, really want the pastry to yourselves, you could play some challenge for it. Rock, Paper, Scissors?"
Amano Imoko
Amano Imoko
Level 3 Sandstorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kumokawa Maria Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:06 am

She had hoped that her venom would at least sink in. But, in stark contrast, it bounced off the waiter who had decided to point back.

Despite his flippancy, he was fully aware of what she had said and of what he had said. He was an adult so there was no way that he didn’t understand what dialogue had transpired between them.

And that was why he pissed her off so much. An unaware idiot was something that could be dealt with and possibly forgiven. This, on the other hand, was a stubborn and aware idiot—one who, like her, would refuse to yield any ground.

“I’m sure you realize that trying to cover up like that equates to harassment, too. Is talking to customers that way really the hill you want to die on, garçon? Frankly, that kind of attitude will sour the taste of the pastries. My jurisdiction may only apply to Tokiwadai, but I find that adults should be at least exhibiting some level of discipline before children. I still command some level of presence.”

If he would plant his feet in, she would escalate. That was no defeat. That was simply what it meant to wield authority.

“So, I’ll ask again.” The humorless girl who loved humor spoke. “Is that really the hill you want to die on, garçon?”
Kumokawa Maria
Kumokawa Maria

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next