Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[SS] Another Part Time Job

+3
Hujisaka Natsumi
Guy Li
Shokuhou Misaki
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[SS] Another Part Time Job - Page 3 Empty Re: [SS] Another Part Time Job

Post  Guy Li Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:42 pm

Mikoto smiled politely as her hand crossed with Chiyo's and she offered a gentle apology. "Oh, I'm sorry Masaki-san." But an apology was not an admission of defeat.

"Ah Mikoto-san, I can tell that you must also appreciate the froggy cuteness that is Gekota, seeing as you made a bee line for this pastry. However, I must insist that you let me take it." Such an assertive claim was not common among the well-mannered students of Tokiwadai. There was social protocol in situations like this, but Chiyo clearly did not feel bound by those rules of engagement. However, Mikoto hadn't gotten to be the 3rd ranked esper in the city through talent alone. She liked to think her determination was the reason she'd reached that esteemed position.

She would not back down so easily.

"I recommend backing down on this one Mikoto-san. Once she get's like this she's not going to give up. I can see it in her eyes already that she's ready to fight for it."

Even from a 2 on 1 engagement, she would not back down.

She smiled sweetly at the other girl, but there was fire in her eyes.

"I understand what you're saying, Masaki-san, but I must also insist." Her hand remained where it was, hovering above the pastry as she spoke in her most lady-like tone. She wasn't about to pull rank and throw her status about like a blunt instrument, nor would she use violence (especially not when that mini-dorm mistress was so close by). "There must be some way we can settle this like adults." Guy suppressed a laugh nearby.

As luck would have it, Amano offered a solution.

"Why don't you two share? Cut the pastry in half so you both get equal halves? Or if you both really, really want the pastry to yourselves, you could play some challenge for it. Rock, Paper, Scissors?"

Well, clearly that first option was so ridiculous it was out of the question. But some sort of contest...

"A challenge?" She considered the idea. "What do you say, Masaki-san?"

While the showdown happened Guy had decided to take his life in his hands and was playing a game of Russian roulette by taunting Hoshino.

“I’m sure you realize that trying to cover up like that equates to harassment, too. Is talking to customers that way really the hill you want to die on, garçon? Frankly, that kind of attitude will sour the taste of the pastries. My jurisdiction may only apply to Tokiwadai, but I find that adults should be at least exhibiting some level of discipline before children. I still command some level of presence.”

Guy's calm smirk remained as the girl continued talking. Whatever he was thinking, he didn't let it show on his face.

“So, I’ll ask again. Is that really the hill you want to die on, garçon?”

He took a moment to let the girl's words settle in and then nodded.

"Very well, consider me most chastened, my young mistress." He bowed at the waist, lowering his head. But regardless of his words, the fact that he didn't change his expression one iota made it clear that he didn't take the words to heart. Not really. It was more like an adult humouring a precocious child whose behaviour amused them. "Is there anything this humble servant can do to make up for his misconduct, and perhaps soothe the harm done to your delicate sensibilities?" He completed his ostentatious act by dropping to one knee with his head hung low. Mikoto broke from her confrontation with the twins briefly to shoot a pointed glare in his direction with an unreadable expression.

The manager sighed. "This is what he does best, after all..."
Guy Li
Guy Li
A Certain Mysterious Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post  Masaki Chiyo Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:24 pm

"I understand what you're saying, Masaki-san, but I must also insist."

Mikoto must have been a true fan if she wasn't backing down. There had to be some way to get the pastry away from her. Chiyo had no intention of starting a fight in the cafe so that option was out. Then one of the other members at their table offered up a solution.

"Why don't you two share? Cut the pastry in half so you both get equal halves? Or if you both really, really want the pastry to yourselves, you could play some challenge for it. Rock, Paper, Scissors?"

"A challenge? What do you say, Masaki-san?"

The first option was utterly ridiculous. There was no way Chiyo was going to share the pastry with anyone other than Mio. A contest on the other hand could work. Something simple that both parties could agree too that didn't seem to favor either side, but also wasn't based on pure chance. There's no one anyone would leave something this important up to luck.

"I like the idea of a challenge. How about a three legged race. You and your sister verses Mio and I. I can't teleport other people so I wouldn't be able to do that during the race and there's no electronics or metal that can be manipulated either."

"Really, you're dragging me into this too. Fine."

Though on paper it seemed pretty fair, each of them having the handicap of another person as well as Chiyo and Mikoto not being able to use their abilities, at least to to their full capacity. Though Chiyo was thankful no one from her school was hear to reveal the fact that she was on the track team and quite confident in her speed.

"What do you think?"

Chiyo Text | Mio Text
Masaki Chiyo
Masaki Chiyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kumokawa Maria Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:42 am

She had lost.

Even if she had gotten the waiter to stand down and redact his remarks, she did not feel satisfied in the slightest. There was no sense of triumph. All that remained was the emptiness and whiplash that came from his switch between the extremes of stalwartly unprofessional and abjectly professional.

The girl sighed, pressing her fingers upon her forehead and covering her eyes as the man bowed down before her.

But, she had an image to keep up. She may have been someone who resorted to comedic violence, but she was not within the grounds of the school and the waiter was not someone from the school...probably.

He looks...really familiar.

Taking her hand off her face, she took one last look at the waiter before turning back and grabbing a plate with the French chocolate gateau the manager had mentioned.

“Why not assist with the competition the other girls are going on about? I’m sure they could use an impartial judge.”

With a business-like smile, she grabbed the fork and knife before her and dug them into the dessert while making a quick suggestion to Guy.
Kumokawa Maria
Kumokawa Maria
Level 2 Violence Doughnut

Back to top Go down

Post  Amano Imoko Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:24 am

Imoko wasn't that surprised. She had expected them to take the latter option, and couldn't really argue against it. If she were in their position, she'd probably want the froggy sweet all for herself too. They would save a lot of hassle if they just shared it. Shrugging, she took another bite from her pastry.

"If you guys pick a 3-legged race, you'll have to find a spot that isn't too busy with foot-traffic, or just go at it at the front of the café for convenience sake. It'll be a good way to work up an appetite, at least. Just be sure you're well hydrated."

If they did go with a race, she could help extend the track they decide on, if there wasn't enough road. It would mean she'd have to keep pace with them in order to keep applying her power to new ground, and she wasn't exactly keen on running a race just for the sake of it. Especially if the other two were racing for a treat.

No, it would probably be better for her to stay quiet about her possible involvement. She finished her last bite, and wiped her lips with a napkin.
Amano Imoko
Amano Imoko
Level 3 Sandstorm

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t1078-esper-amano-imoko

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:41 am

"Our customers today certainly are spirited." The baker commented happily to the manager, clearly enjoying the energetic atmosphere. It made a change from the normally quiet and staid ambience of the cafe.

"Yes, quite." The manager didn't seem to share her enthusiasm. She was not the kind to let her emotions show readily on her face, after all.

"If you're willing to wait, I can always ma-" The full-figured girl spoke up only to be silenced by the manager's hand swiftly rising in front of her face. Her dark eyes blinked behind the large, round glasses that were covered in floury fingerprints.

"This could be good advertising for us." The blonde woman with narrow-framed glasses covered her mouth and whispered to the girl. Two private school students going to war over their product? One of whom was a Level 5? If word spread about this incident it would be free publicity.

"I like the idea of a challenge. How about a three legged race. You and your sister verses Mio and I. I can't teleport other people so I wouldn't be able to do that during the race and there's no electronics or metal that can be manipulated either. Really, you're dragging me into this too. Fine. What do you think?"

"Wait. A three-legged race? That's a little..." Mikoto balked. She was about to say 'undignified'. She had her reputation to think about, after all. But when her eyes darted across to the clone who stood by with a blank look on her face, she had an idea. To Mikoto's eyes, the other girl looking back at her seemed to respond to that thought, almost as if she was in agreement with that unspoken idea.

10031 caught Mikoto looking at her looked back silently. She, of course, had no clue what the older girl was thinking.

“Why not assist with the competition the other girls are going on about? I’m sure they could use an impartial judge.”

"It would be my pleasure, my young mistress." Guy bowed, walking backwards from the table as Noriko buried the fork into her dessert. He felt certain that, had the circumstances been different, she would have rather buried it into his chest instead. "Right this way, young ladies." He gestured with an open hand towards the glass door of the cafe. Passing the counter he took some twine and prepared to bind the two pairs of 'twins' together.

This is ridiculous... Mikoto felt a burning shame but squashed it down. She'd come this far. It was a matter of pride now.

"Just keep your eyes down..." She muttered upon seeing Guy crouched beneath her. She may have been wearing shorts beneath her skirt, but the same could not be said of her sister.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Masaki Chiyo Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:42 pm

"If you guys pick a 3-legged race, you'll have to find a spot that isn't too busy with foot-traffic, or just go at it at the front of the café for convenience sake. It'll be a good way to work up an appetite, at least. Just be sure you're well hydrated."

"Our customers today certainly are spirited."

"Yes, quite."

"This could be good advertising for us."

It seemed that the the staff was seeing this as a way to drum up more business. Honestly Chiyo thought this place could use more attention. The food was great and the service so far had been exceptional. If this contest somehow got them more customer, all the better.

"It would be my pleasure, my young mistress. Right this way, young ladies."

It seemed the butler also got roped into helping in their shenanigans. He gestured them towards the front door of the cafe taking some twine with which to tie their legs together. A few minutes later Chiyo and Mio as well as Misaka and 10032 both had one of their legs tied to the other's. An experience that Misaka didn't seem to fond of. The two pairs lined up in front of the restaurant. The race was to be down to the end of the street and back again. First pair back being declared the winner. As the countdown to start began, Chiyo Looked over to the other pair and gave a quick "Good Luck."

When the countdown finished Chiyo and Mio took off running like a rocket. Both of them running with the speed expected of a member of the track team, but also with an uncanny symmetry that made it seem as if their bound leg did nothing to hamper them. Chiyo already controlled all of Mio's actions at all times, having the two of them match of their movements was as easy as walking normally.

Chiyo Text | Mio Text
Masaki Chiyo
Masaki Chiyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Amano Imoko Fri May 07, 2021 10:41 am

"Our customers today certainly are spirited."

"Yes, quite."

"If you're willing to wait, I can always ma-" The manager interrupted the baker, but Imoko was too far away to hear what was said under hushed breath muffled even further by the hand hiding her lips. Whatever it was being discussed, the owner didn't seem interested in putting off the race, and with each person dragged into it...

"Wait. A three-legged race? That's a little..."

...it seemed more and more likely to become reality. She took another bite of a pastry, watching as the chestnut-haired set of twins seemed to come to a conclusion with each other without saying a word. The blond-haired girl had to wonder if this was something they practiced, or if they were truly that in tune with each other's thoughts. Was it some secret skill that twins seemed to have, or a product of their esper power? Imoko shrugged to herself.

"Why not assist with the competition the other girls are going on about? I’m sure they could use an impartial judge."

"It would be my pleasure, my young mistress. Right this way, young ladies."

The next few minutes were spent preparing the girls for their race, before setting them out the doors to the front of the restaurant. She followed them out the door, keeping her purse on hand, while keeping to the shade. The difference between the cool air-conditioning and the summer heat was night and day, so any shade was welcome. She felt for the twins, who would be running in this weather.

"Good Luck."

Chiyo and Miyo surprised her, tearing down the road as if their legs weren't tied together with twine at all. A perfectly synchronous pair; communication between siblings really was terrifying. She waited until both sets of twins passed by her before pulling out a short ruler from her bag. Might as well make the race a little more interesting, if she had the opportunity for it.
Amano Imoko
Amano Imoko
Level 3 Sandstorm

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t1078-esper-amano-imoko

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Mon May 10, 2021 11:11 pm

The twins's speed surprised everyone. There was more here at play than just teamwork and coordination, that much was obvious. But it didn't matter. It had never been specified in the rules that using an ability was prohibited.

And that was exactly what Mikoto had been counting on.

"Relax and let me handle this." She said to the clone beside her. The girl who shared her face responded with another blank look. She had just enough time to turn to Guy and he could see a hint of weariness and resignation as she sped off.

Mastery of electromagnetism came with many perks. As long as an object had an electromagnetic field, no matter how weak, it was at Mikoto's command. That included her own body. And it included her clone's as well. Linking their movements was a simple matter. Like placing two magnets side by side.

The next part was a little more complicated. That same magnetic force could be applied to the ground in front of them in series, pulling their feet forward. As long as they remained relaxed and didn't try to fight the impulse, their stride would take care of itself. And reversing the charge on that ground would propell them forward far faster than their legs could normally carry them.

With effortless strides, Mikoto and her clone launched forward like a human-sized version of her namesake railgun.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Masaki Chiyo Tue May 11, 2021 4:24 pm

Chiyo and Mio had sprinted forwarded easily gaining and early lead. No one had expected that kind of speed from them considering the type or race, but moving in sync was much too easy for them. Being on the track team meant their speed was no joke either, however what Chiyo had not expected was how quickly Misaka had managed to start closing the distance. Chiyo wasn't sure what kind of trick she was using, whether she and her clones were linked like how Mio and her were, or if she was using electricity in some way she hadn't anticipated. She honestly wasn't sure what a level 5 electromaster was truely capable of. She might have gotten in over her head challenging one but there was no turning back now.

"The two of your are much faster than I was expecting. Looks like I won't be able to steal this win without a challenge."

That said, Misaka was closing the distance quickly. By the time the pair reached the halfway mark, Misaka had almost completely made up for the early lead Chiyo had gotten. It was clear that Misaka was faster. Chiyo couldn't tell how much faster, But the finish would be close. Chiyo was quite surprised. Most people would be tripped up in a race like this, even those with useful abilities tending to get crippled by the other person stuck to their side. This was serving as a good lesson not to underestimate a level 5.

"Misaka-san, Mikoto-san, if you surrender now, I'll steal some of the pastry from Chiyo and give it to you."

Mio's words were obviously a trick. Chiyo wasn't convinced that she'd come out on top anymore and was trying to bait and early concession from the others while she still had a lead.

Chiyo Text | Mio Text
Masaki Chiyo
Masaki Chiyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kumokawa Maria Wed May 19, 2021 6:34 am

As the girl took the first bite of the pastry, she made no attempt to intervene in what she saw. While this  race that was developing was quite an uncouth sight to behold, she had no reason to intervene or join in. After all, it would be far too uncouth too do either. There was nothing rule-breaking going on. Yet.

Besides…

This stuff is way too goo~d.

The girl had been too absorbed in the wonderful texture and sweetness that had just entered her mouth. She was not one to need the spotlight, so she found far more comfort in sitting with a fork in her hand and a dissolving and melting pastry on her tongue.

She need only let herself indulge a bit away from anyone else’s gaze as the others prepared for a long race.

At least, that was what she wanted to do.

But…

Things are going to go weird with this crowd, won’t it?

Placing down her fork, she walked towards the door while leaving her pastry half-finished. She could always return to it later, so it was best to make sure things didn’t turn in a strange direction during this ‘race’.

Rather than taking awe at what the Level 5 and her twin were doing, she turned her attention to the other girl who had pulled out a ruler.

“So, what are you up to?”

With the most intense fake cordial smile she could give, Noriko asked one question to the one girl outside who was not racing.
Kumokawa Maria
Kumokawa Maria
Level 2 Violence Doughnut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3