Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Furuhashi Gou Yesterday at 10:56 am

» [SS] Another Part Time Job
by Amano Imoko Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:24 am

» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Saito Hirashi Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:50 pm

» ZapdosZulu, HG/SS Pokemon RPG [PB]
by Guest Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:26 pm

» hoenn - pkmn faction-based animanga
by Guest Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:52 pm

» Esper - Kagou Minamoto (WIP)
by Kagou Minamoto Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:14 am

» [SS] A Certain Blossoming Friendship
by Aoki Aiko Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:37 pm

» Face Claim Reservation List
by Aleister Crowley Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:09 am

» [Esper] Amano Imoko
by Aleister Crowley Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:29 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Accelerator Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:15 pm

[SS] Another Part Time Job

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[SS] Another Part Time Job - Page 3 Empty Re: [SS] Another Part Time Job

Post  Guy Li Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:42 pm

Mikoto smiled politely as her hand crossed with Chiyo's and she offered a gentle apology. "Oh, I'm sorry Masaki-san." But an apology was not an admission of defeat.

"Ah Mikoto-san, I can tell that you must also appreciate the froggy cuteness that is Gekota, seeing as you made a bee line for this pastry. However, I must insist that you let me take it." Such an assertive claim was not common among the well-mannered students of Tokiwadai. There was social protocol in situations like this, but Chiyo clearly did not feel bound by those rules of engagement. However, Mikoto hadn't gotten to be the 3rd ranked esper in the city through talent alone. She liked to think her determination was the reason she'd reached that esteemed position.

She would not back down so easily.

"I recommend backing down on this one Mikoto-san. Once she get's like this she's not going to give up. I can see it in her eyes already that she's ready to fight for it."

Even from a 2 on 1 engagement, she would not back down.

She smiled sweetly at the other girl, but there was fire in her eyes.

"I understand what you're saying, Masaki-san, but I must also insist." Her hand remained where it was, hovering above the pastry as she spoke in her most lady-like tone. She wasn't about to pull rank and throw her status about like a blunt instrument, nor would she use violence (especially not when that mini-dorm mistress was so close by). "There must be some way we can settle this like adults." Guy suppressed a laugh nearby.

As luck would have it, Amano offered a solution.

"Why don't you two share? Cut the pastry in half so you both get equal halves? Or if you both really, really want the pastry to yourselves, you could play some challenge for it. Rock, Paper, Scissors?"

Well, clearly that first option was so ridiculous it was out of the question. But some sort of contest...

"A challenge?" She considered the idea. "What do you say, Masaki-san?"

While the showdown happened Guy had decided to take his life in his hands and was playing a game of Russian roulette by taunting Hoshino.

“I’m sure you realize that trying to cover up like that equates to harassment, too. Is talking to customers that way really the hill you want to die on, garçon? Frankly, that kind of attitude will sour the taste of the pastries. My jurisdiction may only apply to Tokiwadai, but I find that adults should be at least exhibiting some level of discipline before children. I still command some level of presence.”

Guy's calm smirk remained as the girl continued talking. Whatever he was thinking, he didn't let it show on his face.

“So, I’ll ask again. Is that really the hill you want to die on, garçon?”

He took a moment to let the girl's words settle in and then nodded.

"Very well, consider me most chastened, my young mistress." He bowed at the waist, lowering his head. But regardless of his words, the fact that he didn't change his expression one iota made it clear that he didn't take the words to heart. Not really. It was more like an adult humouring a precocious child whose behaviour amused them. "Is there anything this humble servant can do to make up for his misconduct, and perhaps soothe the harm done to your delicate sensibilities?" He completed his ostentatious act by dropping to one knee with his head hung low. Mikoto broke from her confrontation with the twins briefly to shoot a pointed glare in his direction with an unreadable expression.

The manager sighed. "This is what he does best, after all..."
Guy Li
Guy Li
A Certain Mysterious Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post  Masaki Chiyo Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:24 pm

"I understand what you're saying, Masaki-san, but I must also insist."

Mikoto must have been a true fan if she wasn't backing down. There had to be some way to get the pastry away from her. Chiyo had no intention of starting a fight in the cafe so that option was out. Then one of the other members at their table offered up a solution.

"Why don't you two share? Cut the pastry in half so you both get equal halves? Or if you both really, really want the pastry to yourselves, you could play some challenge for it. Rock, Paper, Scissors?"

"A challenge? What do you say, Masaki-san?"

The first option was utterly ridiculous. There was no way Chiyo was going to share the pastry with anyone other than Mio. A contest on the other hand could work. Something simple that both parties could agree too that didn't seem to favor either side, but also wasn't based on pure chance. There's no one anyone would leave something this important up to luck.

"I like the idea of a challenge. How about a three legged race. You and your sister verses Mio and I. I can't teleport other people so I wouldn't be able to do that during the race and there's no electronics or metal that can be manipulated either."

"Really, you're dragging me into this too. Fine."

Though on paper it seemed pretty fair, each of them having the handicap of another person as well as Chiyo and Mikoto not being able to use their abilities, at least to to their full capacity. Though Chiyo was thankful no one from her school was hear to reveal the fact that she was on the track team and quite confident in her speed.

"What do you think?"

Chiyo Text | Mio Text
Masaki Chiyo
Masaki Chiyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kumokawa Maria Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:42 am

She had lost.

Even if she had gotten the waiter to stand down and redact his remarks, she did not feel satisfied in the slightest. There was no sense of triumph. All that remained was the emptiness and whiplash that came from his switch between the extremes of stalwartly unprofessional and abjectly professional.

The girl sighed, pressing her fingers upon her forehead and covering her eyes as the man bowed down before her.

But, she had an image to keep up. She may have been someone who resorted to comedic violence, but she was not within the grounds of the school and the waiter was not someone from the school...probably.

He looks...really familiar.

Taking her hand off her face, she took one last look at the waiter before turning back and grabbing a plate with the French chocolate gateau the manager had mentioned.

“Why not assist with the competition the other girls are going on about? I’m sure they could use an impartial judge.”

With a business-like smile, she grabbed the fork and knife before her and dug them into the dessert while making a quick suggestion to Guy.
Kumokawa Maria
Kumokawa Maria
Level 2 Violence Doughnut

Back to top Go down

Post  Amano Imoko Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:24 am

Imoko wasn't that surprised. She had expected them to take the latter option, and couldn't really argue against it. If she were in their position, she'd probably want the froggy sweet all for herself too. They would save a lot of hassle if they just shared it. Shrugging, she took another bite from her pastry.

"If you guys pick a 3-legged race, you'll have to find a spot that isn't too busy with foot-traffic, or just go at it at the front of the café for convenience sake. It'll be a good way to work up an appetite, at least. Just be sure you're well hydrated."

If they did go with a race, she could help extend the track they decide on, if there wasn't enough road. It would mean she'd have to keep pace with them in order to keep applying her power to new ground, and she wasn't exactly keen on running a race just for the sake of it. Especially if the other two were racing for a treat.

No, it would probably be better for her to stay quiet about her possible involvement. She finished her last bite, and wiped her lips with a napkin.
Amano Imoko
Amano Imoko
Level 3 Sandstorm

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t1078-esper-amano-imoko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum