Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[SNPC/Esper] Satou Kiyoko

2 posters

Go down

[SNPC/Esper] Satou Kiyoko Empty [SNPC/Esper] Satou Kiyoko

Post  Aoki Aiko Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:35 pm

[SNPC/Esper] Satou Kiyoko 5f86f679d5de25cfb81807a278685c2a

FULL NAME: Satou Kiyoko (Saki)
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Satou Kiyoko is a thin girl of average height standing around 5'2" (157.5cm). She has greyish eyes and extremely long black hair. When not performing she can often be seen wearing simple and comfortable clothes like light dresses and t-shirts. She is usually wearing some kind of headphones whether it's big bulky over the ear headphones or slim earbuds. During a performance, depending on the venue her attire ranges from her standard outfits though sacrificing a bit of comfort for style to extremely loud outfits made to pop on camera.

INFORMATION: Satou Kiyoko it a regular teenage girl, or at least she was before coming to Academy City. Now she's Academy City's very own Esper Idol Saki! After arriving in academy city Kiyoko decided to further her musical talents along with developing her esper ability. Kiyoko is a generally happy go lucky person who is almost always in a good mood. Even when in a bad mood, listening to some music can perk her right back up. Despite her normally very cheerful demeanor, Kiyoko has some reservations about her success as a musician. She was picked up by a music producer when a video of her performing one of her original songs blew up online. After that though her fan base was still rather small and she was having a hard time building more of a following until her producer goaded her into using her ability during a live show. The results were more than anticipated and as she began using her ability during more and more live shows, her fan base started growing faster and faster, maybe even too fast, until before she knew it she was Academy City's very own Esper Idol. Kiyoko has reservations about using her ability to further her music career, but she also feels like she's in too deep to stop now.

ABILITIES: Level 3 Emotional Chord
A subset of one of the more common abilities in Academy City telepathy, Kiyoko's Emotional Chord allows her the standard ability to communicate with nearby people telepathically though her variety is limited to sending and receiving general emotions and intentions. More than that though, Emotional Chord allows Kiyoko to set what she call emotional resonances within people's subconscious. These are basically emotional triggers that when activated with a specific stimuli cause the target to experience some kind of emotion. Kiyoko has two types of resonances she can set single activation and continuous. As their names imply, the single activation will only happen once then go away while the continuous version will cause the emotional reaction each time they are exposed to the stimuli. These emotional resonances can only cause people to experience a certain emotion, but can't force them to actually do anything. For example if Kiyoko wanted you to feel angry and exposed you to the trigger, you'd feel yourself getting angry, but wouldn't feel any need to do anything specific and upon any self reflection could decide that whatever made you angry wasn't actually worth being angry about. The more broad a stimuli, the less potent the resonance effect will be so more narrow stimuli are better. Kiyoko usually uses her ability in conjunction with her music so that when she is playing a song with a certain cord progressions she can cause people to feel excited or nostalgic. The emotional resonances can't take away you're ability to think and their max potency could cause you to be mad enough to want to punch someone but can't force you to actually do it. They are less controlling your mind and more suggestions on how you should feel about something. Her maximum range for her ability is about 75 meter, however it can only affect those within her line on sight. Additionally she is able to affect multiple targets at a time, however if she does all targets must be affected in the same way.  

FACE CLAIM: Kuroyukihime - Accel World

Last edited by Aoki Aiko on Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Level 3 Electron Shell

Back to top Go down

[SNPC/Esper] Satou Kiyoko Empty Re: [SNPC/Esper] Satou Kiyoko

Post  Aleister Crowley Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:11 pm

Continuing on our discussion from the discord channel, I think all that needs to be added is clarification on requiring face to face contact for activation. (so the subject of her ability needs to have either met her in person or been to one of her performances). It might then be useful to specify a range (presumably around the size of a typical concert venue or within hearing range?)

I'm also wondering about her 'general telepathy'. In order to keep it in line with her main ability, I feel it would make the most sense to specify this as being able to receive and send emotions and general intuitions rather than words.
Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley
General Superintendant of Academy City

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Aoki Aiko Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:40 pm

Updated profile with the above information. Should I also specify that it doesn't work well on electromasters and similar espers since telepathy seems to not work on them well?

Level 3 Electron Shell

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleister Crowley Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:48 pm

OK, I'm happy with it.

Approved
Level 3 Emotional Chord

(Now I just have to hope Iva doesn't notice something obvious I missed and grill me on it.)
Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley
General Superintendant of Academy City

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down