Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[Esper] Yanagi Miiru

2 posters

Go down

[Esper] Yanagi Miiru Empty [Esper] Yanagi Miiru

Post  Yanagi Miiru Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:25 pm

Yanagi Miiru
Level X Dummy Check
[Esper] Yanagi Miiru Miiru_11
"I am so confused, my confusion is so high!"

FULL NAME: Yanagi Miiru
OTHER ALIAS: Any nicknames, code names or aliases your character is known by.
CURRENT AGE: 14
SCHOOL: Tokiwadai Middle School
FACTION: N/A, may join Judgement Training later in the RP

APPEARANCE: Miiru's hair is brightly-colored with a slight yellow tint, in a short fashion. Her eyes are a violet, and she has fair skin. Being quite bashful, she is constantly seen wringing her hands or looking downward. If frustrated, intimidated, or serious, her mannerisms, in contrast to her usual ones, are more noticeable and bold. She wears a green summer dress, bearing a sunflower.

HEIGHT: 4'9", 1m44
WEIGHT: 88lbs., 40kg.

DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: One can always find her hair out of place or frazzled.

PERSONALITY: A meek, tiny girl, Miiru often has trouble in front of new people or accquaintances. Her personality can be quite evident, as she has a tendency to hide when uncomfortable, or when wanting to be left alone. In front of people she knows well, Miiru is extremely outgoing and blossoms in her surroundings. She is patient with others and doesn't get aggrivated easily. Unfortunately, her timid nature can also be a disadvantage and made lackluster, as others use it as an opportunity to get the best of her.

Clumsy
Those who know Miiru are sure that the nearest object will become familiar with her face, guaranteed. Despite having walked through an area hundreds of times, she will always be confronted with some sort of physical obstacle.

Naive
Her closest friends grow extremely angry if someone or something potentially threatens her innocence. Miiru's naivety is so deepened, to an extent, that it can sometimes make her appear stupid or oblivious. In actuality, she is quite intelligent, but not in erotic or grotesque kinds of subject matters.

Sensitive
Miiru is easily affected emotionally by multiple factors, whether they be a dramatic movie, or even something like a cute animal.

Procrastinator
She will postpone important tasks for days on end, extensively, until she feels like completing them.

-Eating nearly any product that contains grain, almost any kind of cheese, or sweet things. Her diet is often called 'mouse-like' because she never usually eats anything else.
-Horror: Despite having a large knack for all things adorable, Miiru never grows tired of the occasional creepy B-movie.
-Cute things.
-Reading: One will always spot her reading some kind of weird comic about monster pets in a pocket or fictitious novel.

DISLIKES:
-Homework: Miiru probably has the lowest turn-in rate for assignments of all her classmates despite the famous school she attends. Her uncanny procrastinating habits are extreme, and sometimes upsetting to her sister.
-Insects: She will run and cower in fear. After seeing an insect, Miiru typically begins to cry.
-Her sister, on certain occasions: She thinks of her sister as a loudmouth, but humorously, she is often the one losing the argument.
-Doing anything that requires an intense amount of physical labor, unless absolutely necessary.

STRENGTHS:
-She is fond of anything literary or related to linguistics. She excels at anything requiring high amounts of critical thinking, and loves reading.
-Optimistic. Her sister often considers this to be a negative trait, and thinks it more of being oblivious to the truth.
-She looks closely at details. She often has trouble viewing overall concepts, but notices smaller things that other people don't pick up on.

WEAKNESSES:
-Mathematics, computing, engineering, or any concepts that demand gargantuan amounts of technical/analytical thinking.
-Emotional. Despite this being beneficial in terms of her relationships with others, it can be just as destructive.

HISTORY:  Born to a wealthy Japanese family, Yanagi Miiru's childhood was impeccably dull and lifeless. But it was not for the reason one would suspect. Being a child of upper-class standing, she was given anything she could desire. Countless artifacts of a growing and active imagination were at her disposal--be it a robot (her personal favorite), or a music box. Unfortunately, though, this fact alone was not enough. Peering out her bedroom window, she spotted many children playing with their parents on sparkling, spacious verandas. Laughing joyfully, they appeared truthfully happy. Toys, cajolery and indulgences were things that could not provide her the same happiness, as they did not equate to one thing: unconditional love from her parents.

Growing over time into a quiet, withdrawn child, Miiru began to realize that certain things on this Earth could no longer be provided to her. Miiru and her sister's parents thought it best to send them to Academy City, in the hopes that they would flourish into intelligent and active society members. Believing heavily in business and the status quo, Miiru and Mila's parents wished to encourage these same ideals in their children.

Miiru felt anxious and upset after being forced to part from her friends and adapt to this new world called Academy City. She didn't understand the sole purpose of being brought there, and thought her presence to be useless. As such, she preferred to isolate herself among large crowds. Her sister, Mila, in an effort to bring vitality and life to Miiru, sought out to bring the thing their childhoods had lacked: fun. Mila uses their moving to Academy City as an opportunity to bond with her sister and enjoy her time with her.

RANK: Your character's rank within their faction if applicable.
LEVEL: Level X
Dummy Check: With this ability, Miiru can lessen her presence and prevent herself from being noticed. Despite being hidden by her ability, she can only be hidden from the human eye. Attainable methods of spotting her include objects like security cameras or mirrors. If anyone has spotted her, they will forget they have seen her after she has left their field of sight. However, if she is seen afterwards, they will remember her. It has little offensive usage, but can be used as an evasive or defensive tactic when plotting a secretive attack.

OTHER ABILITIES: N/A, though may gain physical endurance and abilities if she joins Judgement Training.

CHARACTER THEME: A selection of musical tracks to act as your character's motif or background music. Can include as many or as few tracks as you wish.

PLAYER'S NAME: Miiryu
RATING: M
FACE CLAIM: N/A
OTHER CHARACTERS: N/A
MISC. INFORMATION: N/A

Last edited by Yanagi Miiru on Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Yanagi Miiru
Yanagi Miiru
Level 3 Dummy Check

Back to top Go down

[Esper] Yanagi Miiru Empty Re: [Esper] Yanagi Miiru

Post  Yanagi Miiru Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:48 pm

The summer sun looked solemnly upon the commuters of Academy City, glowering in a bashful red color. It was nearing the end of the day, and Miiru had begun to run out of patience. She noticed vaguely after running an equivalent of three blocks that she was panicking.

Her sister had gone missing some time earlier in the morning, after telling Miiru that she was going to another district to find some gacha figurines. As expected, Mila continuously told her that her habit of splurging on toys was "Nothing more than a habit--that's it".

She'd already passed District 5, where she'd even bustled into a few college students. Even then, when asking them if they'd seen a girl similar to her sister, the students could be of no assistance. She was beginning to feel desperate and hopeless.

"E-Excuse me, you wouldn't have happened to see a girl about..." She moved her arms far apart to indicate size. "...this high, would you?"

"I'm sorry, but I haven't," a college student replied. She wore thickly-rimmed glasses and looked to be much taller than girls her age. She looked over to a girl standing next to her expectantly, possibly a friend. Her friend shook her head sadly.

"Oh, I see...Thank you all very much!" Miiru bowed to the two students and continued to search just as quickly as she'd come. She was beginning to grow tired and weary, her legs feeling similar to gelatin one would find in a grocery store. She felt trapped, as if everyone around her was against her, and that her sister was millions of light years away. It seemed nearly impossible to find her in a place as large as Academy City, especially during this time of day.

However, nothing was really impossible in that regard.

Suddenly, she heard a voice call out from behind her, sounding distraught. "Miiru-chan!" Mila sobbed, running frantically towards her sister.  She quickly gave her a hug, wiped the crystalline tears from her eyes, and quietly sighed. "So..wanna see the gacha figures I got?!"

Miiru paused, shocked, and glared at her sister straight in the eyes.

"I've been looking for you for over 4 hours straight, and you want to show me your GACHA FIGURINES?!" She quickly pushed her sister away. The anger rose like a boiling pot of hot water to her head, where her blood was pulsating and rushing throughout her cranium.

The feeling grew so overwhelming that she suddenly felt the urge to smack her on the top of the head, and unfortunately she could not control it. She ran off without saying a word, Mila following behind, still feeling ecstatic about her Gacha figurines, but rubbing her head tenaciously and crying out in pain all the while.
Yanagi Miiru
Yanagi Miiru
Level 3 Dummy Check

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:55 am

This might actually have be the closest thing to an instant approval in a long while. Congrats!

1. Ability
Nothing all too big, only some minor pointers~

If she is spotted, she can force anyone to forget that they even saw her.
I’m not sure, but I think what you mean is that they would forget about seeing her once she has left their field of vision/perception.

However, despite being hidden by her ability, Miiru can still be spotted through mirrors or security cameras.
You should actually change the wording into stating that she can only become invisible for the human eye, as there are much more methods to “see” her than the ones you mentioned. Basically any means of indirect perception would allow for one to spot her.

And that’s all I have for today’s eval.
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t333-esper-mugino-shizuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanagi Miiru Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:51 pm

Ahhhh, I suspected those areas sounded weird! It was pretty difficult to elaborate on them, so I could see how I screwed up a bit. Fixed them, although if I need to fix them again (which I might), let me know!~
Also, thanks for the compliments, Iva!! They mean a lot, considering I still need lots of practice XD.
Yanagi Miiru
Yanagi Miiru
Level 3 Dummy Check

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanagi Miiru Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:05 pm

Oh, edited the ability again, by the way:
"With this ability, Miiru can lessen her presence and prevent herself from being noticed. Despite being hidden by her ability, she can only be hidden from the human eye. Attainable methods of spotting her include objects like security cameras or mirrors. If anyone has spotted her, they will forget they have seen her after she has left their field of sight. However, if she is seen afterwards, they will remember her. It has little offensive usage, but can be used as an evasive or defensive tactic when plotting a secretive attack."
Does that seem better? ovo I hope that was a more noticeable correction, lol.
Yanagi Miiru
Yanagi Miiru
Level 3 Dummy Check

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:20 am

Yep, that’s what I wanted to see~

I figured that it might actually hide one from overall human perception, but let’s not be too nitpicky.

Approved.

[Level 3 Dummy Check]

Now let's move on to your sister.
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t333-esper-mugino-shizuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down