Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

SS Idea: Can you Escape?

3 posters

Go down

SS Idea: Can you Escape? Empty SS Idea: Can you Escape?

Post  Hayama Kenji Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

It begins with a moment of distraction. You aren't looking where you're going; you're looking at your mobile; you're looking up at the sky. Suddenly everything goes black and you feel yourself falling - next thing you know, you're in a very dimly lit room. Everyone describes it differently; and old and derelict prison, an abandoned office, a maze that takes you around in a circle. You're with a group of people, but you can hear voices outside of the room that you're in.

Everyone describes it the same. There's a huge clock on the wall, but it has no numbers and only one hand. And if you can't find your way out of the room before the hand on the clock makes a full 360 around itself, you find yourself back where you were in nothing but your underwear. Is it all an elaborate prank? Or is there more to this that meets the eye?

Can Academy City escape?

So I've really been getting into doing these Escape The Room activities lately. I wanted to gauge the interest of people on here if they were interested in RPing out an idea I have for one. The premise is pretty simple; you're stuck in a room with no visible way out. Solve puzzles and find hidden mechanisms or keys that will unlock the way to the next area.

I'm pretty open to whoever wants to join; I'm planning to do it in a way where your character can use their abilities to give them an advantage but won't be able to break out by just abilities alone. It will require some teamwork and mental work to get out before you're stripped of all of your belongings.

Though it will take place in Academy City, I could probably weasel in any Magic Side characters if they wish to join.
Hayama Kenji
Hayama Kenji
Level 2 Impulse Drive

Back to top Go down

SS Idea: Can you Escape? Empty Re: SS Idea: Can you Escape?

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:15 pm

Right then, I've been keeping a close eye on this thread and going from its lack of interest I think I may know what's the source of the problem here.

Firstly, I see no logical way of executing this idea whether we're talking within a scientific context or a magic one. And secondly, science and magic sides characters are not supposed to mesh so easily to avoid breaking the treaty so those relationships are already off-limits without proper permissions which already drastically reduces the possible cast for this thread.

Basically, this thread concept is interesting in its own right but simply doesn't fit the forum at all due to its lack of solid foundations and explanation (that can't necessarily be explained within the thread itself) necessary to have it approved as a thread and as a valid source of interest for the players. You could make it a non-canon thread for the sake of fun, but then people wouldn't necessarily enjoy spending time in a thread they won't be able to reference to and at the end of the day players would get more gratification from a normal thread where they can develop their characters seeing how our previous NC threads didn't go so well.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:42 pm

Well I haven't been interested due to reaching my thread esper limit at the moment. And also because there is no chance Alexander will be able to get involved. Though I would think at this point of time magicians shouldn't get involved with science plots without real good reason.

I think it's that little possibility which ultimately killed any comment so far in my opinion. Just focus on the science side and ramifications and see where it takes you because involving both Science and magic makes the thread more complex. There is a reason why they're normally separate.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayama Kenji Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:15 pm

Both of your points make sense. In light of that, could someone close this topic for me? I'll think up of something more centralized next time!
Hayama Kenji
Hayama Kenji
Level 2 Impulse Drive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down