Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[SS] Cold Wool

2 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[SS] Cold Wool - Page 4 Empty Re: [SS] Cold Wool

Post  Albrekka Starbright Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:26 pm

The reporter would give Erin a short, but obvious cold stare at her possible attempt to hide a laugh, but did not follow up on it. "Yes, that seems to be the case. Hopefully she will turn up soon in either case."

The sounds of the inner building slowly died off as she walked through the back hallways, pulling out a notepad and writing things down, until they were standing in front of what seemed to be a dressing room. She would open the door and...well, it was certainly a room. A rather clean room.

"...a little too clean." She would walk inside, looking about the place. "She had dressed up the night before, did she not? Did she take all of that stuff with her?" She would put her hand on her face, seemingly in thought, then writing something in her notepad again, tapping her pen on the paper.

"Perhaps her home? Hm." She would pocket the notepad and walk past Erin, as if she wasn't there. She was certainly at work at this point, walking with some sense of confidence, if only to stop. "You may look around if you wish. I'd like to check other leads." With that she would wait for a response before continuing. Was she offering Erin to tag along?
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:29 am

"Someone was sure in a hurry to ensure that whatever traces remained of her were scrubbed clean. Highly suspect for someone who is merely late to return home."

She wasn't about to complain that someone else had taken notice of the suspicious way in which Gwendolen's apparent disappearance was handled. However, it was also possible that Llewella was only playing with her in order to see what she knew. Either way, it looked like they would be working closely together for the time being. But who was truly watching the other in this situation?

"Wouldn't hurt to stop by. Although I would suggest that we keep ourselves well-hidden and not announce our presence while we're there. Skulking about the home of a person who recently vanished when we're not the authorities is guaranteed to land us in trouble with the actual authorities."

...That said, what really were their options? Stake the place out and see if she returns home? If any conversation about her whereabouts could be overheard? Who could really say until they arrived on the scene?
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Albrekka Starbright Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:45 am

"Someone was sure in a hurry to ensure that whatever traces remained of her were scrubbed clean. Highly suspect for someone who is merely late to return home."

"...maybe, maybe.  Lets walk, then."  She would begin walking through the hall with Erin in tow.

"Wouldn't hurt to stop by. Although I would suggest that we keep ourselves well-hidden and not announce our presence while we're there. Skulking about the home of a person who recently vanished when we're not the authorities is guaranteed to land us in trouble with the actual authorities."

"I wouldn't worry too much, you'll see."  She would sort of wave off Erin's concerns with a motion of her hand.  She would stop at one of the crossroads in the hallways, looking to where the path to the front was and some other direction.  "Lets take the back door.  Quicker that way."  She would simply walk in that direction, opening the back door to what seemed to be a semi-large outside area where the buildings' trash bins were stored.  She would walk a ways, stop, turn back and look around.  "Hm..."  She would write something in her notepad, then continue walking.  Was there really nothing there to be found?

"Her home is just a few blocks from here.  I know her mother - well, I know just about everyone."  She would cross her arms as she walked with some air of confidence.  "If she returned home, we'll find out."
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:27 am

Erin did her best to quietly shadow Llewela as she checked around the property, making sure to take a second look at whatever the girl checked over, just in case. The fact that she was openly skulking about while being well-known for 'knowing about everyone' brought unease to the detective's mind. Or perhaps was it simply her paranoid nature coming to the fore once more?

"And you feel it would be appropriate to just walk up to her door in broad daylight and ask when her apparent disappearance was an apparently newsworthy event? Well, it should be interesting to say the least."

Something about this whole mess bugged her. First it was the strange conversation she overheard at the pub, and now a person is missing a short time later? That almost nobody except herself, and possibly Albrekka and Llewela even cared? It was true that attendance at the 'art' exhibit was pretty low, but could such a person have that many enemies?

Before she knew it, they were closing in on the house. Were there any other would-be investigators about? Strange hooded men or men in black suits looking to silence them? ...Erin really missed having access to movies.
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Albrekka Starbright Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:03 am

Llewella would smirk at Erin's comment, seemingly knowing more than she let on.

It took only a few minutes of walking down the streets to reach the girl's home.  It was one of the many homes amongst the rows of homes in the area, two stories tall, just like the others nearby.  Most seemed to have the exact same design.

Llewella would walk up the steps and knock on the door, waiting for a moment, looking to the door and to Erin.  Eventually, the door would open.

"Yes?  Ah, Ms. Bowen..."  A woman appeared beyond the door, her face clearly showing the signs of worry.  "Looking into Wendy, I take it?"  "Correct, my friend here and I were wanting to know if you know anything about her coming by last night."  Certainly questions the police would ask, but... "Yes, I expected as much."  The woman would look to both Erin and Llewella, pausing.  "Come in, I have tea on."  She would walk away, leaving the door ajar.  Llewella would motion Erin to enter.  "Don't worry, in what you could think of as your worst case scenario, you and Nia can blame me." She would seemingly attempt to ease Erin's worries on how the current matter was certainly outside the norm of any other city.

The inside of the house was rather...colorful?  Gwendolen's tastes certainly permeated some of the decorative choices of the house, its placement suggesting Gwendolen took great pride in her work and wanted her mother to place them in viewing distance of any visitors.  It was not just paintings, but pottery and sculptures; just about any basic genre was art was seemingly commented on by Gwendolen in some way.  Even maraconi art, which was ironically some of her best work.  Strangely, one picture would certainly catch Erin's eye; it was one of the paintings presented the night before.

"I suppose what I hear of Gwendolen's work is true..."  Llewella would comment to herself, probably with some similar sense of disdain as anyone else with any basic sense of artistic integrity.  "Oh, I hope its nothing bad..."  Nia, Gwendolen's mother, would laugh lightly, though if only to ease the mood.
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:29 pm

The idea of just so bluntly marching up to a person's house when the town had been acting strange took Erin by surprise. At least Llewella handled the awkward introduction phase of the investigation, but then something completely threw her for a loop.

Nia.

The casual nature of how her companion threw the name out had managed to get under her skin and disrupt her concentration. Bad memories welled up inside her, as did intense pangs of anxiety. A spiral of negative thinking began to wreck what had been left of her mental composure. The room might as well have begun to spin as she tried to reason herself out of this descent.

This is a different person who happens to have the same name. But now I can't stop thinking about her...the one responsible for so many wounds. I need to be professional here. Why does this keep haunting me? Get it out of your head, stupid. This isn't the time for self-pity, there's someone missing who needs your help, so get out of your head and back into reality!!

Not even a few seconds had elapsed, but they might as well have been hours for how much mental exhaustion she accumulated pulling herself out of that pit.

"Pleased to meet you, er, Nia. Thank you."

Llewella had taken the lead to such an extent that she didn't know what to say beyond the necessities. However, the display of art had already gotten her brain working again, albeit running on a low fuel.

"I take it this was her entry into that display? For a show that took in so many entries, the audience didn't seem particularly interested in looking at anything."

This might appear to be small talk at first, but that point had to be addressed. What was up with that entire show?
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Albrekka Starbright Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:49 pm

"I take it this was her entry into that display? For a show that took in so many entries, the audience didn't seem particularly interested in looking at anything."

"Oh?"  Llewella would begin to walk backwards a bit back into the main room as she had already been following Nia into the kitchen, looking over the picture.  "So this was on display there?"

"A-ah?"  Nia would say, rather nervously, from the kitchen.  "Yes, she wanted to show that one off especially, she was very proud of it."  She would laugh a little, but sigh all the same slightly under her breath.

"Well...that must mean she had come back here..."  Llewella would jot something down in her notepad.  "Y-yes, I suppose so..."  With that, Nia would walk out from the kitchen and hand both Llewella and Erin a cup of hot tea, sitting down on one of the couches.  "I know some people in town don't like her art, maybe it got her down?  I mean, apparently the people who did show up weren't even interested, if that's true.  I don't know..."  She would look at her own cup of tea with a worried expression.

"Don't worry, we'll do our best to find her."  Llewella would attempt to sooth the ailing mother, though obviously not very effectively.  Nia would nod, but Llewella, though saying that, made it clear in her face that she knew that wasn't very assuring either.
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:03 pm

Nia 'supposed' so? Out came the notebook. For a mother so concerned about her daughter's whereabouts, there wasn't a lot of confidence in her answer. 'Wendy' either came back or didn't. She shot a look towards Llewella, finding it strange that the reporter hadn't seemingly pressed that interesting tidbit herself.

"Could you start by telling us when you last saw and spoke with her? Whether or not she had any plans to travel, spend the night with other family or friends? Was she involved in any fights or disputes with other people recently?"

She had a feeling the truth wouldn't come out without some careful prodding. While what she asked was relatively simple and by-the-book, a narrative or story had to be established first. Only then could she press her on details and find inconsistencies.
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Albrekka Starbright Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:10 pm

"Could you start by telling us when you last saw and spoke with her? Whether or not she had any plans to travel, spend the night with other family or friends? Was she involved in any fights or disputes with other people recently?"

Llewella would take a seat on a nearby couch, drinking the tea she was given.  Perhaps she was taking this opportunity to let Erin do her job?

"Well...that would be when she told me about taking the painting.  The art show must have run rather late in the night, because she wasn't back by bedtime.  She had a key to the house, so I'm sure she could've...come back home and put things away."  Nia would look at her tea some more, somewhat lost in thought.  "No...no enemies that I know of.  The only thing is that people don't appreciate her hard work..."  With that, Llewella would look at some of the work in the room, seemingly trying to get a gauge of this "hard work" Nia was talking about.  "And no, the only plans she had was the art show."

"You...don't think this is anything serious, miss?"  Nia would look up to Erin, hoping for some sort of reassurance.
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:32 pm

"The situation isn't so dire as you might believe; we're just ruling things out in order to discover what happened last night and where she is likely to have gone. Do you recall this painting being present when you went to sleep last night? If so, what time do you believe that was? If not, does anyone else have a key to this house?"

Eliminating possibilities one by one was key to boiling a case down to its most valuable core. She offered a reassuring smile, or at least the closest thing she had to one while in the presence of a woman named Nia. Maintaining eye contact allowed her to get a glimpse of Nia's body language.

The fact that the bingo hall had been cleaned up with no trace of the art show remaining meant that someone had to have removed everything between last night and today. Was that task up to the missing girl herself, or did someone else do it?

"Perhaps there have been other signs of her having stopped by to drop things off? Any more paintings, perhaps a change of clothes, signs of the shower or bath being used, food eaten? Please try to remember whatever you can. It will be very helpful."
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Albrekka Starbright Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:48 pm

Nia would stop and think for a moment, Llewella leaning in her chair a bit, looking intently at Nia, perhaps listening for an answer.

"I went to bed before she arrived, so I didn't see it come up until this morning."

"Odd. If that's the case, why was a missing person's claim filed if it is only the next morning?" Llewella took a jab at what seemed to her to be the weakest point of all of this: if Gwendolen was seriously missing, wasn't it too soon to make such a claim? "Well, she wasn't here this morning in bed, she's never done anything quite like that before..."

An awkward moment hung across the room for a moment as in some instances, such a quick submission was rather strange. Llewella would clear her throat. "Sorry, I didn't mean to pry into that, we'll look into it all the same." She would cross her arms, seemingly let Erin continue.

"For a key to the house...well..." Nia would seemingly put a lot of thought into that question. "A-all I know is that she has a key, maybe she made a copy sometime but didn't tell me, but all I know is just that Wendy and I have a key. For the others...I hadn't thought of that." Llewella would glance to Erin, then Nia, and look to Erin. "Perhaps we should look around the house, then?" Llewella would stand up, putting her cup on a nearby table. "I mean...yes, that's fine, of course." Nia would nod to the suggestion, and look to Erin again, seemingly waiting for any more questions she might have. "Erin, I'll go ahead and look around a bit." With that, Llewella would pull out her notepad and pen and disappear down one of the house's hallways, looking over everything as she went and jotting things down.
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:38 pm

Not willing to let anyone go off on their own at such a critical time, Erin quickly followed Llewella, although this was done rather awkwardly given how she had been indirectly told to wait rather than to join her. She made her presence known by coughing and inviting Nia over.

"Sorry, i'd just rather get to work instead of sitting around. Please show us around if you'd like, Nia. You'll be needed to show us what may have changed since last night. If anything at all looks out of place, let us know immediately, okay? If she's come back but not told you, she's sure to be in a load of trouble for worrying you, so let's see what she may have left behind."

She was being as nice as she could, disguising her inner cynic for the time being. There was no point in being blunt and uncaring at this stage. It would help nobody.
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Albrekka Starbright Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:57 am

"Hm?"  Llewella would notice notice Erin had started to follow her, giving a light frown.  "Ah, you're done then?  Alright.  Lets look around then."  She would look behind her to Nia.  "Nia, which one is Gwendolen's room?"  It would take a moment, but she would reply  "You're standing next to it!"  "Ah.."  It was sort of strange for Llewella to even ask, considering the door was excessively gaudy.  "Not sure why...ah well."  With that, she would put her notepad away for a moment in her pocket, using her other hand to push the door open.

The room was...bizarre.  It made the living room look like a motel room in comparison.  The living room was where Gwendolen put her successes, but here were all of her failures, seemingly, along with the usual furnishings.  The room was a mess as it was also, which did not help the sight of it. The bed, desk, drawers and closets in disarray, with some junk such as pencils, paper, and other art supplies strewn across the floor.  A framed painting in a similar style to those seen at the gallery was leaning against the closet door, with two more blank canvases leaning beside it.

Llewella would step in, looking around and taking the room in.  "This...may take a while."  With that, she would walk over to the desk and move some of the paper and crafts around, to see if there was anything of interest.
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:37 am

The additional painting caught the young detective's interest immediately on sight. The similarity to the works seen in the gallery the night of Gwendolen disappearance was striking, so much so that she looked to Nia right away.

"I...think I remember seeing this there. Or something else much like it. Since the show was about displaying art pieces brought in by people from all around the town, it's strange that she would have taken home so many if they were made by other people. There were no plans to sell the pieces, and many of the paintings were oddly similar in style. Does this look familiar to you, Nia?"

She glanced around the room, her brain cells working in overdrive. Gaudiness abound. She began to have a sneaking suspicion that the 'gallery' was in fact a cover up for something else, given that the artwork was likely all done by the missing person herself.
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Albrekka Starbright Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:29 pm

Nia would look to Erin in kind from down the hallway, sitting up from the couch, placing her cup of tea on the table, and walking over.  It had seemed that she was perfectly fine with Erin and Llewella romping around her home, strangely enough.  "Hm?"  She would look down to the painting, seemingly in thought.  "Yes, she was rather busy for the last few days, working on those.  There were several more than that though."

"Oh?"  Llewella would turn from investigating the desk for a moment to look at the painting and the closet, to listen to the both of them.  Of course, as she had not been there the night before, this was probably new to her.

"Yes.  She was working on making a lot of paintings to bring her best one, trying a lot of different techniques, but she ended up bringing the one in the living room."  Nia would walk into the room as well, with a somber look, kneeling down to look at the painting a little more closely, seemingly in thought.

"Erin."  Llewella would wave Erin over.  "I found this."  She would hand Erin two pieces of papers, clearly unfolded.  One was a list of ten names, written by hand, along with "...and myself!" at the end.  Llewella would point to the names without saying anything, to sort of signify something.  With that, Llewella would look to Nia, still look seemingly lost in thought, then would flip to the next sheet of paper.  It was another list of names, but these were seemingly written more hastily at first glance.  Llewella would point to the first name:  Heilyn Griffith.  For what reason was unclear for now.

Nia would seemingly snap out of it, sitting up.  "Sorry, I was just...thinking."  She would turn to both Erin and Llewella, huddling over the piece of paper.  "Did you two find something?"
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:15 am

The list of names captured her interest immediately, particularly the second one. She didn't recognize the name of Heilyn Griffith on first glance, but figured there was a significance that Llewella would enlighten her about when the time was right.

Now that Nia was coming over, it was too late to hide what they had found. Her reactions and responses to her queries had been...questionable at best, outright suspicious at worst. Erin's current conclusion? That Nia was a threat to the investigation, and could not be trusted to assist in any meaningful, constructive way. That's why the notebook was taken out, and the lists of names jotted down as much as possible before the strange mother could reach them.

"Ahem. There's this. Were these a list of patrons of the art show? We could really use any information you could provide, Nia."
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Albrekka Starbright Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:45 am

Nia would look to the both of them as Llewella would pull back the paper, folding it up.  "Is that something you found?"  Nia would look to Llewella with a curious glance.

"Ahem. There's this. Were these a list of patrons of the art show? We could really use any information you could provide, Nia."

Nia's focus would leave Llewella's attention, looking at the paper Erin had written on, with a list of several names.

"Well, most of them.  The top few here..."  She would point and scroll her finger down the names that were on the first page, and end right before Heilyn's name  "...she had asked to participate, yes.  The others...I mean, I know Heilyn, he's the town banker, but the others no..."  Nia would cross her arms, pondering to herself.  "That's what was written on the paper you were showing this girl here?"  Nia would turn to Llewella, who would nod in response.  "Those other names I've never seen before.  I don't see why she would know anybody outside of town."  Nia would add, with a worried expression.

With that, there was a bit of silence.  Certainly, the hastily written list of names was curious and out of place, but perhaps it was a clue to something, considering how quickly the names were written?  "It would be dangerous, for the time being, to speculate, I'm sure the names will turn up something, for sure.  Now, so far it seems she was able to return home, but we don't know what happened after that point.  This list is a good place to start."  With that, she would pat Nia on the shoulder, to attempt to ease her tension a bit.  "We'll try to find her as soon as we can."  It seemed that Llewella was attempting to wrap up the investigation in the home, Nia about as worried as she looked once they met her.
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:59 am

Llewella's rush to remove the original paper from Nia's sight was a bit awkward, and didn't go unnoticed. Still, since Erin had the text within written down, did it really matter that much? Nia's response was far more interesting, anyway; the lack of familiarity with the names save the banker's was worrying and yet intriguing.

...Still, this lack of familiarity in itself proved nothing, and only further muddied the waters of the case. It was becoming quite clear that there was nothing else to be found here, and pressing Nia any further would be best likened to attempting to wring a stone. Time would be wasted, and better spent elsewhere.

"Thank you for your time, Nia. Do not worry, we'll let you know what else we've found. I think I have some pretty good ideas about what's happening, so rest assured."

Truth was, she didn't really have much to go on, but claiming to know things could give either a grieving and worried heart some relief, or a lying one a surprise. She paid close attention to the two as she turned to leave the house and onto other matters.
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Albrekka Starbright Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:48 am

"Exactly."  Llewella would seem to confirm Erin's words, perhaps to also claim she had ideas of her own.  "...Thank you, both of you."  With that, Llewella would make her exit also, leaving Nia in her daughter's bedroom, who had seemingly looked back at the paintings.

Once they had left the home, Llewella would motion to Erin.  "Those two pieces of paper, by the way..."  she would speak to Erin a little, walking with her.  "I think we could get an idea on the paintings by asking those on the list who were at this event, but I think we both have an idea on what happened there; however, the other list is curious. That first name, he's our town's banker.  Strange, he never really does anything with the townsfolk save business."  She would ponder for a moment.  "Well, I'll go ahead and give this information and the evidence to the police.  We'll go from there.  Take care."  With that, Llewella would take her leave, breaking from her and walking into the distance.

The bedroom was quiet.  Nia had been standing there for some time, looking to the paintings and around the room.  Her daughter, Gwendolen, was certainly precious to her, though her tastes were peculiar, even to her mother.  Her mind was stacked with worries upon worries, but it was not only the fact that her daughter was missing.  She had lived in the town all her life and knew that there were people in town who did not take kindly to "embarassment".  From their words, it seemed that, though her daughter had spoken in confidence that she had gotten many of the townspeople to participate in her event...perhaps she had done something dangerous.  "What if..."  Ideas spun in her head, stepping out of her daughter's bedroom, pacing the hallways.  No.  She couldn't think so dangerously, not at this point.

Because if that were true...

It was in the afternoon, it seemed.  Albrekka would close her shades, waking up a bit earlier than she had originally planned; there was something curious going on in town, after all.  The girl that was at the bingo parlor the night before had seemingly vanished, and it seemed that both Erin and Willard were willing to look into it.  She was no different.

Packing her necessities in her purse and double checking her things, she would step out of the inn.  The sun wasn't all to pleasant, but bearable.  "Morning sleepyhead!"  Some of the townspeople would wave to her to greet her.  It was creepy enough that they knew her name, but also that she was asleep this entire time...?  Regardless, it was about time she got herself something to eat, and then to the bingo parlor.  Surely something of interesting would be there?

"Huh, so that's it eh?  Not a whole lot to go on, yeah?"  Llewella had handed the papers to a pair of detectives at the police department.  It was strange, considering how small the town was, and considering Llewella's position compared to theirs, but the town was strange to begin with.  "Well, I didn't see you on the ground.  Find something better."  "Hah.  Look, the girl ran off, probably got sick of the town, why all the noise over this?"  The other detective, slightly annoyed by Llewella's submission of evidence and her comeback, decided to chime in.  "Because it should be looked into.  Now, anything on your end that would be of interest?" The two men would look to each other with a confused look. "I heard that goose escaped again, might be a good enough story for the paper."  The two detectives would shrug, leaving Llewella with what seemed a rather pointless lead.  "...I see.  Thanks, then."  With that, Llewella would take her leave, exiting the police station and hitting the streets once again.

"Why the hell do we even have those idiots?"  Llewella would talk to herself, biting her tongue in frustration.  The two would never even bother setting foot on an actual case, both of them not even worth anyone's time.  Really, the main detective of the town was her, but not in any formal title; the two were simply a formality.  "Well, at least some interesting people have come about.  I suppose I'll go find out what's going on with this goose, then."

"Ah, here it is."  A few minutes had passed, Albrekka finishing her "breakfast" of sorts, standing in front of the bingo parlor. She had expected some sort of police presence, but it was as if nothing had ever happened, the parlor being used for activities the day after.  Perhaps the police force in town was just that quick?
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:18 am

The door had been kept open to allow the bingogoers unfettered access to the realm of the mature and tamed beast known as 'Bingo.' This magnificent event was a splendor that could only be experienced every day in this hellish, dank pit of a village. Time itself appeared to decelerate to a standstill just long enough for the unenlightened masses to experience the true elation of fighting for their hard-earned victory against the randomized balls deposited into the caller's sight.

Veterans of many such wars had once again gathered in this place to reignite their flames of merciless passion. It is often said that the pen is mightier than the sword, and such a momentous event is where this old saying was more true than it could ever be. With but a single stroke of the pen, many storied warriors could be cut down. Many lay defeated, with only a select few victors emerging safely from the trenches of tables and chairs.

It was as though this grandiose battlefield had overtaken and consumed all other worry and concern. There was too much ink to be spilled to delegate any concern toward a missing local. In fact, the entire battlefield had been restored so quickly that what remained of the art show may well be an ancient memory. A wandering outside detective was led toward a specific lead by a reporter, but now it was another certain outsider's time to shine.

The open doors stood in front of her, with the cacophony of the battles taking place within providing an uneasy and tense atmosphere for all who dared to enter. Could Albrekka be one to master the unknown and plunge foward into the abyss which awaited her? Or would her instincts reawaken and drive her to reconsider her own safety above digging up the truth from the dark underbelly of this warriors' paradise?
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Albrekka Starbright Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:13 am

She would just walk in.  Well, that was anti-climatic...

The inside had not changed much since Erin herself had arrived; several members of the community were still playing bingo, as if they had nothing better to do.  "BINGO BAYBEE!"  One of the older men jumped out of his chair in excitement, doing a little dance where his chair used to be, some of the others cheering him on.

These people certainly love their bingo...

"Al, get over here, we need another player, ol Ben had to ditch early, his wife had to drag him out!"  One of the patrons called out to her, Albrekka furrowing her brow for a short moment.  "Sorry, but I'll have to decline.  Looking for something in the back."  A few of the other patrons booed her playfully.  "Like Llewella and Erin?  Everyone's leaving their crap in the back room!" And with that, a few of the other patrons would laugh at the sort-of joke made by one of the patrons.

It seemed that Erin was actually looking into things.  How curious...

"Well, you guys have fun."  With that, she would step into the back hallways.  Without much guidance, she certainly didn't know where to look and it might be likely that any clues could've been moved or tampered with.

Well, trying some of the rooms and moving from there wouldn't hurt.  Perhaps 30 minutes to an hour at best.  Any more would be a waste of time...
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:57 pm

Alas, there had been no additional information for the inquisitive one to find that wasn't already noticed by the two other detectives. Or was there? The place, despite its traffic, had been cleaned so thoroughly that its lack of evidence could be considered suspicious in itself. How could the scene of such an event be rendered so...sterile, so quickly? And what for?

A suspicious lack of evidence didn't exactly allow one to get a head start in the race to the truth, however. Or even a place in the running at all! So Albrekka's examination had been required to be far more intense than it might have otherwise been. After all, if even Erin went through here, she would have to try even harder and leave no stone unturned!

Near the back exit, where unbeknownst to the outsider a murder had taken place not long ago, such a stone had been overlooked by the two who pored over the area earlier that day. A single, half-finished cigarette laid forgotten and uncrushed near the door, tucked in a corner. Wasn't the victim a smoker...?
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Albrekka Starbright Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Albrekka would walk the hallways, opening doors and peeking within.  The place was rather clean.  Actually, it was strangely clean, considering that the building seemed to only be used for the front end bingo parlor, nobody actually walking the back halls.  Was Gwendolen that much of a clean freak?  It would be quite the stark contrast to her art style, anyway...

No, it was certain that if anything here was of interest, Erin must have found it.

The last area to check was the back of the building.  It also had nothing of interest.  Well, that is what she thought, until she noticed a cigarette resting on the ground, which was completely intact.

"Hm?"  Albrekka would kneel down, picking up the cigarette.  No weather damage, though the previous days had been rather clear.  Still, it seemed somewhat new and recent.  Though, considering how little she knew of Gwendolen, it wasn't evidence enough that it was hers or perhaps some other patron.  Though...

"Excuse me."  "Eh?  What, you ready to play?"  Albrekka had taken the cigarette and placed it amongst her things as potential evidence, returning to the main part of the building.  "Does anyone use the back rooms?  I didn't see anyone back there."  The men would look at each other with a confused look.  "Of course not, save the bathroom..."  The men seemed uneasy, considering a woman was suddenly questioning them about things.  Sort of a buzz kill.

"I see.  Well, you gentlemen have your fun then.  Take care."  With that, Albrekka would exit out the front door.

Curious; why would the back room be so well kept if nobody used it?  Was it because Gwendolen didn't want to be blamed for anything?  Was Gwendolen that sort of person?  No, it didn't seem quite right.  She seemed very open and not too caring for people's views of her.  Certainly, the art show she put on was rather poor, but she never showed any sort of embarrassment or shame.  Though, that was just a hunch, she would need more than that.

"Still..."  She would pull out the cigarette again, looking it over.  Mayfair was the brand.  Considering her disappearance, she would need to clarify something: did they sell this brand in town, who sold them, and did they sell them to Gwendolen?  And, really, would the person she asked answer her questions?

There was only one way to know.  Albrekka would walk the streets, looking for any obvious vendors.  Hopefully with a town as small as this, the amount of places to check would be low.
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:38 am

Being such a small town, it took little time for the truthseeker to discover a prominent peddler of questionable wares. A camera, nestled snugly within a nearby tree, watched the girl approach the establishment.  Its proprietor eagerly, if also reluctantly, awaited the prospects of increased business, even if from an outsider. The local drugstore offered much in the ways of vices, including an astonishing selection of locally produced cigarettes.

At the sole counter awaited one Aerona Trevor, local physician, chemist, and runner of the drugstore that laid before the curious foreigner. Her cold gaze accompanied Albrekka's journey forward from the instant she came into view. This one did not have the look that a customer might have...perhaps just one of those hooligans who would insist when asked that they were 'just looking'?

"...How may I assist you today?" The weathered, storied old voice could not be described as bellowing, but rather piercing and focused. The tone was of impatience and boredom, the two waging a quiet but fierce war. It was Albrekka's move; could she strike a decisive blow for the forces of good and truth?
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Albrekka Starbright Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:12 pm

"...How may I assist you today?"

"I'm alright, I think I can find what I'm looking for, but thank you."  Bowing slightly to the owner, she would walk around the store to find what she was looking for, as well as-

"Ah, this will do."  Mumbling to herself, she picked up some canned goods and bread.  The only pub in town was the only place for outsiders to eat anything, and she was already sick of going there all the time. Taking her items up to the counter, looking back at the cigarettes, pulling out the one she found at the scene, she waited for the woman to begin ringing them up.

"Do you sell this brand, by the way?"  Albrekka showed the woman the cigarette she found at the scene, waiting for the woman's reaction.
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum