Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[SS] A Certain Dangerous Intruder

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[SS] A Certain Dangerous Intruder - Page 2 Empty Re: [SS] A Certain Dangerous Intruder

Post  Haragi Faye Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:43 am

Accelerator had the intent on attacking the one that had complete advantage over vector control recklessly and mindlessly. There was no extent to his ignorance, which is why Haragi didn't seem all that eager to work with him. The Level 4 Esper scoffed in response to his ultimatum.

"So, you're willing to charge in and let that guy take advantage of you, huh?.... Well unfortunately for me, I'm gonna need your help to take him down a faster and easier way....."

Faye's plan in mind involved the previous observations he made through the attacks that intruder had done. For example, the fact that dissolving the air particles in his vicinity leaves him helpless to use his own ability. This resulted in a spear mercilessly piercing through his abdomen. However, even without his ability, his physical combat prowess is much greater than Haragi's closer quarter's fighting. To fill in this flaw, his ability for sharp observation and react to incoming harm is better than average. But Solid Air would not be able to dodge forever, which is where Accelerator had to come in.

"You remember that time earlier when I threw my spear at him, right?..... Well... you noticed how I was able to pierce him directly without my spear getting shattered in anyway..... That's because I know his weakness giving me an advantage over him if he manages to stay in one spot... That is to say, that he relies on the air particles around him to perform his attacks, especially using it to screw over your esper ability...."

Accelerator's weakness was in knowledge of that person. As well as his weakness was already figured out by Solid Air.

"I have the ability to take apart the air particles and separate the Oxygen Radical molecules from it..... I'll be able to do it at even a distance but the time varies to how far one is and how long it takes to take apart the air molecules around him..... From the distance I was at right before I charged at him with my spear, it took only 5 seconds to destroy all the air molecules around him.... But I got lucky because he didn't move and just expected to fight back..."

Grabbing his front bang from his black hair once again, he continued to speak.

"What I'm trying to say is that, If I'm able to close in one him and keep him busy, you'll be able to come him and use her power full on without any worry about him interrupting you... That's cause I'll be on the job to destroy the air molecules within the second he tries to excite them at every point .... Meaning you could rip him apart with one hit..."

But this strategy was completely dangerous. Haragi had to get enough time to close in on his target avoiding any of his possible techniques. There was a chance he would get hit by whatever he uses, and possibly be extremely injured and as a result, unable to use his esper powers accurately.

A sudden vibration was felt from his pocket. It was the indication of a text message. Usually his sister tends to send him love messages through text instead of calling him for some odd reason. He used to set a ringtone for text messages, but after his teacher catching him in thought of texting (but really his sister spammed it) and reading it aloud to the rest of his classmates, he would never put it on anything else but vibrate.

Grabbing the portable communication device once more, he was surprised to see the sender was not his sister but labelled as "Anonymous". No words of text was found inside the message but an attachment. The attachment was revealed to include a GPS Software pinpointing to the riverbank not too far from here. It had also provided information on the specific dot, with a distinctly familiar person's face on it and the exact coordinates of where he was last seen.

"Looks like she found him..... He's somewhere alongside the river bank just at the end of downtown.... You ready to kick his ass?"

The Level 4 asked the eager Accelerator a simple question with a bored expression on his face, as he stepped onto "thin" air.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t39-esper-haragi-faye

Back to top Go down

[SS] A Certain Dangerous Intruder - Page 2 Empty Re: [SS] A Certain Dangerous Intruder

Post  Accelerator Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Accelerator listened to Haragi with a contemptuous frown and he watched the boy step into thin air as though it were solid ground. As the other boy made his way rapidly towards their target Accelerator realised with some irritation that if Haragi beat him to his prey Haragi may actually beat them before he could have his revenge. The thought made his blood boil.

Accelerator stamped his foot sharply, rocketing forward like a car. The air roared past him as he sped towards their destination. Each step cracked the ground beneath him as he drove off it with tremendous force.

He bared his teeth in a wicked grin.

Minoru sat hunched in the dark warehouse. One hand rested on the wound in his side, freshly bandaged. It wouldn't slow him down, he had decided. His fingers raked across the bandage, clawing at the wound as he relived the moment again and again in his head. He wouldn't be caught by such a simple trick again, either. A deep red patch began to spread across the bandage as he continued to absent mindedly tear at the gash.

They would come for him. He had no doubt about that. Academy City wasn't the sort of place a person could just disappear.

The corrugated steel rooftop crumpled and tore under Accelerator's weight with the sound of ripping metal and crumbling brick. He landed with a heavy, booming thud. The ground shook beneath his feet as he landed, straight legged before Minoru.

His opponent wasn't just some punk after all. Minoru rose to his feet slowly.

"I've come to kill you." Accelerator stated simply. "Try not to die too quickly!" He laughed, rushing for Minoru without hesitation.
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:57 am

It didn't take too long to arrive by the riverbank, just about 5 minutes especially if the Level 4 esper could skid on air as his method of transportation. However Accelerator seemed highly eager to fight this person, so he had rush at intense speeds just to get to him, without giving any bother to wait for the Level 4. Haragi's only response to that he was trying to get himself killed.

At the riverbank, there wasn't really any signs of where this person might be, but he was somewhere near. "Had Accelerator already found him?" His mind shuttered into deep thought as he asked himself. Haragi could clearly see from his cell phone that his target's last location was by here. Accelerator was nowhere to be found either.

It was then a noise of crumbling debris was present. It came from the nearby warehouse not too far from the riverbank. The Accelerator tore through the warehouse's roof like it was nothing, and entered inside. Does this mean he found him? This question would only be answered if he entered the warehouse as well. Without hesitation, Haragi made a break for it towards the run down and partially roofless building.

Making it inside, the level 4 esper found himself in a stare off between the Accelerator and another. The other one had recently applied bandages covering familiar and distinct wounds. Like the large noticeable wound in his abdomen, in which Haragi finally realized who this person was. However it was time to consider that Accelerator would rush in. If he had done that, then the same result from his previous attempt will occur and probably end even worse. However, not being quick enough, the fight was now between both the Accelerator and the target. The level 4 esper will now just have to wait and find a worthwhile opening to interfere without getting into crossfire with the number one's vectors.

For now, Haragi closely observed thoroughly of their upcoming actions.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Accelerator reached out, snatching a steel bar from the rubble without breaking his stride. He raised it high as he closed in on the wild looking youth.

Minoru didn't move to retreat. Instead he moved to meet Accelerator half way, lunging forward with his own attack. He swung his fist hard towards the albino's face, ducking under the wild swing of the makeshift club as it buried itself in the floor.

Minoru's cocksure grin faded as he locked eyes with Accelerator and the manic bloodlust that was written on his face. Not only had his punch failed to injure the albino, but it had failed to even make contact. Like hitting a wall of solid diamond, the unyielding force of Accelerator's ability had redirected his own punches' power back at him. Had he been a normal person he would likely have shattered his entire arm with the attempt.

Accelerator laughed, wrenching the steel bar from the floor for another shot. Undeterred Minoru flung his fists at the boy's head with rapid strikes. Each was deflected without any effort on Accelerator's part. Minoru dove to the side just in time to avoid the Esper's next attack, a wide swing that had been intended to take off his head.

"Tsch. What the hell are you?" Minoru circled the white haired boy warily.
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:58 pm

Both of the two enraged, charging for the other expecting their own victory. After several blows done by one another, Haragi was surprised to see Accelerator still able to use his own vector control against the single person who was able to shatter through it. Had he not realized that his ability would have been able to overcome Vector Control? Or was he playing his own kind of game? Now that the Level 4 narrowed his thoughts onto this, this one person had been playing his luck and charging at his opponents without question or care for his own safety. One trait that Haragi kept in mind before interrupting the two's little brawl.

"Tsch. What the hell are you?"

A question asked by the person in view by both Accelerator and Solid Air which had revealed more about him. The Level 4 had stepped forward to get involved in the scene.

"Only those who become espers in Academy City would recognize or at least heard of that annoyance of a Level 5 over there.... Regardless, the person you're against is the most powerful esper in Academy City.... Now, how the hell can you manipulate your personal reality not being from Academy City? There's no other way to distort the nature of the environment like that...."

A short and silent sigh came out of his mouth, as he turned to face his temporary partner, the Accelerator.

"Oi! Accelerator, rushing in like that recklessly could have gotten you killed.... Why don't we stick to the plan while I take him on and you sit back and chill until I call you to come on in...."

The plan was simple, close in on the enemy stalling time while Haragi scans and observe the air particles around him, until he decides to call Accelerator in for one devastating blow. Turning his head towards his prey, Haragi lifted his right arm towards him, while looking like he was trying to grab something. The Oxygen Radicals, that he manipulated just now from the air around him, merged into a distinct structure of a weapon. It wasn't a spear during the time being, it was more towards an artificially made sword.

Haragi's hand to hand combat was weak, but that didn't mean he wasn't strong when handling weapons, especially when he had immediate access to them. Haragi was aware of his target's weakness, which was to break down the air around him. With that, his physical combat would be reduced greatly, but that wouldn't have made him able to not harm the Level 4 fatally. All the Level 4 needed was at least cut him a bit, which will give him the advantage.

As he stepped on "thin" air, he focused on his opponent, "I'd suggest you try you're best avoiding this sword.... If you're lucky, you might bleed a little..." With that Haragi charged at his opponent as he readied his sword for a lunge forward.

Last edited by Haragi Faye on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:38 pm

"Only those who become espers in Academy City would recognize or at least heard of that annoyance of a Level 5 over there.... Regardless, the person you're against is the most powerful esper in Academy City.... Now, how the hell can you manipulate your personal reality not being from Academy City? There's no other way to distort the nature of the environment like that...."

Minoru smiled grimly with a disdainful chuckle.

"What a sheltered view of the world. You science types are all alike. You can't even begin to comprehend my kind. Level 5 or whatever, I'll still wipe the two of you out." The tall boy retorted, shaking off his hand which had been bruised against the Level 5's shield.

"Oi! Accelerator, rushing in like that recklessly could have gotten you killed.... Why don't we stick to the plan while I take him on and you sit back and chill until I call you to come on in...."

"I don't need a plan to deal with trash like him!" Accelerator was beyond reason now. His prey was within sight. Within his grasp even. The only plan in the albino's mind now was to tear his opponent apart like a child pulling the legs off an insect.

Minoru watched while Accelerator took his time approaching. The makeshift club in his hands ground and skipped against the floor with a sound as grating as nails on a chalk board. That sound was soon joined by the high, choking laughter of the psychotic Esper.

"I'd suggest you try your best avoiding this sword.... If you're lucky, you might bleed a little..."

Sensing an attack, Minoru's attention switched to Haragi at the last moment. The movement was subtle, almost invisible to Haragi thanks to the distance between them. With a slight shift of his weight, Minoru evaded the thrust and caught the crystalline blade between the flats of his palms. He knew this trick. Knew that Haragi would aim to explode the weapon if he had the chance to escape the blast radius. Minoru would have to be fast.

"Don't underestimate the Heavenly Tremor school!" He shouted and the blade began to vibrate, cracks forming along its surface like a spider's web before it shattered like glass. Minoru was quick to capitalise on the opening, thrusting his elbow towards Haragi's ribcage.

"Out of my way!" Accelerator yelled, swatting at Haragi as he closed in on Minoru. The fight had degenerated into a three way melee, with the combatants scrambling over one another to land a fatal blow. At this range the next blow could well be the last for any of them.
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:00 pm

"So it's possible that there's more to crap outside of Academy City? What the hell are the higher ups hiding from us?"

Certain doubt towards Science became more prominent as Minoru's words stung his own sense of logic. But it didn't stop Haragi from attacking. As the crystallized blade had been pushed forward into a stab, the non-esper had completely stopped the attack with his own bare hands. It was held back at the center of both his palms, as Minoru had performed his signature vibrations which had soon shattered the sword completely.

While not giving a chance for Haragi to retreat, the Level 4 saw his immediate retaliation as the non-esper forcefully hurled his elbow towards his chest. There had been no way to avoid it, especially if his power was involved. Haragi's rib cage would be smashed open at this point.

*Cue Neccessary Music*

"Heh..."

Solid Air's wide open mouth soon transformed into a slight smirk. The scan of the air particles within Minoru's vicinity was complete. Every air particle at every point within the area was well embedded within Haragi's mind with the coordinates at it's relative position. With this, the process of <No Air Space> was about to occur.

Haragi had been prepared for his physical combat before he started to charge in. One would think it was a reckless move no different from Accelerator's actions, but Haragi had predicted for him to strike back due to Minoru's habit of acting aggressively.

As of now, there are no presence of air within the vicinity. All the air particles were broken down just like before, within a short span of a second only for the reason that the particles were right around him with his opponent being within the radius. Vector Control nor any manipulation of air was imminent. This had meant Haragi had started holding his breath with the 3 minute timer counting down once again. His opponent would no doubt have trouble breathing by now. If that was the case, this would make hesitate him to make his attack by at least a few milliseconds and completely block out any use of his power.

As Haragi had predicted, Minoru delayed his strike by just a few milliseconds. Those milliseconds were just what the Level 4 needed to step onto "Solid Air" attempting to skid adjacently, giving Haragi more speed to avoid the fatal blow. By doing so, the Level 4 had felt Minoru's arm pass by his chest as he traveled to the side. By this time, Minoru would surely notice the dodge and immediately counter attempting to stop Haragi from <escaping>.

But his intentions weren't what one expected. The Level 4 Esper's plan was to stay close quarters only to help give an opening for the Level 5.

"Out of my way!"

The voice of the psychotic esper was heard as the Level 4 noticed the enraged albino shot himself into Haragi's <No Air Space>. Accelerator had come in too early thus entrapping himself inside Solid Air's space that solely was meant for the non-esper. This had also meant Accelerator wouldn't have been able to breath air while he was residing in the vicinity.

"Accelerator you fucking idiot!"

Thinking to himself, as he pitifully watched the Level 5 attempt to use his vector control. His strength would be that of a regular human while being within Haragi's <No Air Space>.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:54 am

Minoru snarled in frustration as Haragi evaded his counter strike. He spun on his heel to launch a follow up attack, his fist flying at Haragi's face in an arc. His eyes were alight with focused rage as the punch whipped towards the Esper. He had him now. At this range, from this position there was no way he could escape.

At least, it had appeared that way. The last instant before Minoru's blow landed Haragi had vanished, replaced instead by the feral visage of Accelerator. The Level 5's hand was pulled back in a fist and as he pressed off from the floor he flung it out. There was no technique to that strike. No training had gone into honing the perfect punch or strengthening his body. That punch embodied raw power. In a space designed to negate their powers, the two attacked with all their strength.

And that was where Haragi had been mistaken. Unlike Minoru, Accelerator's ability didn't rely on the air around him. Simple contact with a vector was enough for him to control it. Their fists collided with enough force to shake the ground and for a moment it seemed as though they had reached a stalemate.

Minoru flew backwards, skidding along the rough floor like a ragdoll. He groaned, panting from the rapidly thinning air around him and he rose unsteadily to his feet. So. That was how that kid had negated his power before. He could alter the make up of the air itself.

"Nice trick, kid." Minoru wheezed. He gripped his right arm, now a twisted mess from Accelerator's punch. He wrenched it hard and his shoulder slipped back into its socket with a sickening, crunching pop. The elbow followed, twisting back into place as Minoru grunted in pain. He flexed it with a grimace before returning his attention to his attackers. "But if you're trying to gas me or whatever, you'll need to do better than that." He opened his arms wide...
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:31 pm

The moment that Accelerator unexpectedly violently blew Minoru back with the thought of a simple punch, the Level 4 was completely shocked by the outcome. Accelerator somehow managed to use his vectors even within his <No Air Space>. However upon further observation, he realized that he left out the possibility of Vectors surrounding solid matter. Air wasn't the only substance that contained natural vectors. That was why Accelerator overcame Minoru's strength. However the third party vectors within the air weren't present due to <No Air Space> otherwise Accelerator would have completely smashed opened his arm. In other words, his <No Air Space> saved Minoru from a fatal blow but also restricted any use of his powers.

Choosing this opportunity to take rest, Haragi backed away until he left his <No Air Space> as he eagerly gasped for breath. Getting the chance to speak, he glared at Accelerator and gulped,

"You're just full of surprises aren't you, Accel?....."

Hearing the loud snap, Haragi directed his attention towards the origin of the noise. Minoru's arm looked to be fine even after that devastating blow.

"Nice Trick. But if you're trying to gas me or whatever, you'll need to do better than that."

"Gas?... Looks like you still haven't fully figured me out yet...."

*Cue Necessary Music*

Knowing this, Haragi had stuck to his plan to close in on his opponent once again. Haragi now knew something that occurred from the previous attempt, that Accelerator is able to still use his vectors within his <No Air Space>. If that was true, he would be able to defeat Minoru. But to do that, Haragi had to provide Accelerator with an opening, which is what his last attempt was intended for until it was interrupted. The Level 4's eyes narrowed filling with confidence.

"I'm gonna need you to give me at least 10 seconds this time before you charge in.... We're gonna finish him in one blow...."

Warning the Level 5, Haragi lifted his right arm once again to create the same crystalline weapon. Stepping onto <Solid Air>, he slowly gained momentum speeding towards Minoru. The same tactic was done once again, Haragi lunged his blade forward but just with his right arm, directing it towards Minoru's chest cavity at the same time the observation of the air particles within the vicinity relative to his position was nearly complete to create <No Air Space> once again.

However this time, the attack was different. In the midst of the attack, his left arm swung diagonally towards his target as something was forming to structure out of his hand. It was another crystalline sword composed of purely stabilized Oxygen Radicals. Haragi's initial thrust was only meant to be a distraction, his intentions were to at the least wound his arm, if that happens he would be able to follow through his plan. However he furthered his strike by releasing the handle of his first blade, which he lunged forward, only to free his right arm to create yet another sword which he intended to swing upwards attempting to cut Minoru's other arm.

Now this attack went three ways, as Minoru would initially be focused onto the blade he lunged and released, Haragi would strike him off guard attempting to injure his arms, even by a small amount which was all he needed.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:43 pm

Minoru's arms circled in wide arcs as he invoked his training. Breathing techniques were fundamental to the Spirit Arts, and the Heavenly Tremor school was no different. What small amount of oxygen remained in his lungs would sustain him so long as he maintained his control. He would not die like a weakling, gasping on his knees. He would die as a warrior. The kind of death he had always imagined. His body, augmented and conditioned through countless hours of training, would endure at least as long as he needed to complete his last act.

His last act would be to kill these worms.

Haragi sprang at him, blade in hand and Minoru met him with a grin.

The first strike hit home, Haragi's blade glancing Minoru's arm. But even that did little to wipe the smile from his face as he swept the blade aside. The second strike was shattered by Minoru's swinging fists, pulverised in an instant as he beat the blows back with his own. The boy's third swipe scored a gash across Minoru's other arm. But it made no difference to the outsider. Haragi was within his grasp.

Powerful fingers dug deep into Haragi's shoulders as Minoru locked him in a death grip. He would feel an odd sensation building inside him as Minoru's power coursed through his body. Like a trembling in his skin, the molecules of his body started to vibrate, shaking apart.

Minoru snarled, all his rage focussed on his enemy. It would only take a few moments now...

"Hughk!" Minoru's grip loosened suddenly, his head snapping back with a pained expression. Fresh blood bubbled from between his lips as his body slumped forward. A pain in his chest. A burning pain that gnawed at his heart. And then a growing coldness. He looked down in disbelief.

A bloodstained hand. Where had that hand come from?

Behind Minoru, Accelerator stood with his teeth bared in a vicious grin that seemed to span from ear to ear. Minoru sneered in disgust, turning his head to look over his shoulder. Was this really how he died? Here? At the hands of this freak?

Screw that.

He seized Accelerator's hand at the wrist. The air around the two began to hum with a familiar vibration. Accelerator tried to tug his arm free, knowing what would come next.

"Hey! Whatever trick you're planning, do it now!" The crazed albino barked to Haragi.

Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:59 pm

The initial lunge seemed to be easily maneuvered by Minoru, sweeping the blade aside. Haragi's second unexpected strike, swung upwards only to be shattered to pieces by the non-esper's fists. The third blade luckily managed to overwhelm his counter, and slightly cut through the surface of his left arm. From just this, Haragi still had the chance to gain the upper hand, even though he expected to wound both of his arms from the beginning.

However, Minoru didn't hesitate to strike back immediately afterwards, reaching for Haragi's shoulder to grip tightly onto. Haragi had expected some sort of immediate retaliation, however his plan to escape towards a safe zone involving injuring both of his arms. But now Haragi was stuck in place, unable to escape. Pain had indulged within, as Minoru clawed his fingers inside his shoulders eagerly getting ready to perform his next technique. But that shouldn't be possible without the help of the air. His <No Air Space> should have taken care of that.

Haragi was well aware that this person wouldn't be stupid enough to try something in which he knows fully well he can't do within his <No Air Space>. This would have been figured out easily from the last round. But he still intended to use something that required air.

Suddenly, Haragi's bones vibrated throughout his body. He had felt like his body was about to be ripped apart form inside out. But it should be impossible to do this without air. It was common logic, <you cannot create something from nothing>. This was a universal law to science, thus there should be a reason behind how he's still able to do this. As Haragi had thought, the only source of air in his <No Air Space> couldn't be out in the open, it had to be enclosed somewhere hidden away within his vicinity. In the next few seconds, if this had continued, Haragi would be killed with his body blowing apart from the inside. Certainly this was not desired.

"Damnit! I only need just a bit more time..."

Thinking to himself, as he glanced over at Minoru's wounded arm.

Before Haragi realized what he would do next, the 10 seconds from the beginning of his initial attack had hit. Accelerator suddenly was seen directly behind Minoru, and a fist shot through his exposed chest. Some blood that once flowed through Minoru's chest cavity had splattered onto the Level 4's rugged black jeans. By then, the tight grip on his shoulders had loosened, weakening the vibration throughout his body but still enough to kill. Blood was coughed from the opening of the non-esper's shocked face. Was he about to die? Nope.

Death had not called for this individual yet, even with a powerful blow through the stomach, he still had persisted. This person challenged death as he continued with his own attack. With one arm, leaving Haragi's shoulder, Minoru grabbed controlled of Accelerator's trapped wrist, completely ignoring the opposing vectors. The air had nostalgically hummed like before, meaning he was about to excite the particles within both the Level 4 & 5, thus abruptly killing us in the process. This unexpected presence of air within <No Air Space> had been seen exiting Minoru's mouth. Meaning he was giving up his own oxygen to perform an suicidal attack. He was intending to take both Accelerator and Minoru out along with him. There was no hope of escape at this point. Though that's what it had looked like as Haragi smirked and whispered,

"Idiot...."

A faint glow of light at separate points within Minoru's injured arm was seen. Sudden micro scale explosions occurred throughout those exact points, disrupting the blood system coursing through the non-esper's arm. The loosened grip, on his shoulder, was easily taken off during this sudden event as the Level 4 retreated out of his <No Air Space> immediately afterwards.

This unexpected event didn't surprise Haragi one bit though he was expectant to wound both his arms instead. His plan was simple and intended from the time after Haragi had seen him somehow escape his explosions the first time. Minoru was easily able to shatter through Haragi's crystallized Oxygen Radicals and even miraculously escape his explosions externally, though the case would have been different if his attacks were done internally. The Level 4 had held back using his explosive powers only to somehow figure out a way to use it within his body giving him a zero chance of escape. His initial attempt was when he had lunged his spear into Minoru's chest, however rendering an explosion from the range Haragi was in at that time would have injured himself as well.

Though this opportunity was wasted when Minoru managed to destroy the contents of the spear before the Level 4 was able to move out of range. Which was when Solid Air had realized the splinters of his crystalline blade would be able to break off into his body if hit and flow naturally through his blood stream. If this happened, only a small amount of time was needed before the splinters would be able to scatter to set up a fatal explosion in micro units. Though one would think that Haragi would be only able to render explosions to the Oxygen Radicals he would be able to only see, thus creating one within a solid object at a microscopic level would be near impossible to the naked eye. Even then, time would be needed to create an explosion depending on where it is to Haragi's relative position.

<Remote Explosion> was the method that was used to overcome these constraints. Opposing to his <Clear Cut Explosions>, to which he can cause by directly looking at the stable Oxygen Radical particles before him, Haragi's ability to create Oxygen Radicals within it's Crystal Lattice state is something that people could easily mistake for a <Shield> but it is really a <Remote Bomb>. Since Haragi had the information of all the Crystallized Oxygen Radicals he had solidified, he would be able to trigger an instantaneous explosion from where ever they may be set regardless if he can see them or his distance from them.

Using the splinters that broke off from his artificial sword, he was able to internally cause explosions thus injuring his arm severely. Now, it was up to Accelerator to use this opening to however he pleased, and defeat him.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:15 am

Air or not it mattered little. All that mattered was that there was something.

The power to excite the very molecules that made up the world around him. Only a total vacuum could totally suppress the power of the Heavenly Tremor school. The broken down oxygen hummed as Minoru focused his will. Its altered state required his full concentration, and expended his power beyond its limits.

It was a suicide attack.

Accelerator's powers went haywire again under the effect of Minoru's power. His strength, speed, even his reflection ability were rendered useless and he felt the other boy's iron grip dig into his arm.

Minoru cried out suddenly, his arms shredding apart under the power of Haragi's explosions. The humming stopped and Accelerator grinned ecstatically. He flung Minoru hard against the wall, which cracked under his weight. Blood stained the vertical surface in a thick red trail as the defeated boy slid to the floor.

"Dammit." He coughed. Even now he clung to the last vestiges of life. His darkened eyes glowered up at Haragi and Accelerator, who stepped closer to gloat.

"Now do you see the difference between us?" He was almost trembling with gleeful bloodlust.

"All I see are a couple of dead men." Minoru clenched his teeth to suppress a scream as he turned his power inwards.

His body was now a living bomb. One final parting gift to the enemies that had killed him. The blast would surely take out the entire building.

Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:12 pm

The final blow from Accelerator surely finished Minoru off. His body flew directly towards the furthest wall. His arm was unusable and his wounds were severe. Defeat was in his favour. That was until both of the espers overheard the sudden change in the air. That humming sound was present specifically around his authority.

"All I see are a couple of dead men."

Those were his last words before concentrating on focusing his power inwards. Was he still planning to do a suicide attack? Haragi could see the particles around him increasing it's rate of vibration meaning it was full on it's way to enter entropy. This had also meant that he wanted to kill himself and both of the espers by triggering his own explosion. This wasn't good for both Accelerator and Haragi. Their methods of escape were slim if he had succeeded. Not even Accelerator's vectors would be able to help him if he were to attempt to escape. Like mouses cornered by a hungry cat, Accelerator and Haragi's weren't going to be able to escape this quite easily.

Suddenly, the level 4 esper's mood changed for some odd reason. He felt angrier than he usually is, clenching his teeth tightly to show this.

"So... you're giving up already, huh? You're willing to give your life away to attempt to kill us... just like that..."

Haragi wouldn't give anyone pity if they were thinking of easily giving their life away without thinking of the after effects.

"If you kill yourself.... what to you think would happen to those who cared for you..... Academy City could easily use their own technology to find them after all the violations you caused just by using the traces you left.... Why would you consider doing something so drastic...."

Knowing fully well Minoru was his sole enemy, he still was a human.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:34 pm

"So... you're giving up already, huh? You're willing to give your life away to attempt to kill us... just like that... If you kill yourself.... what to you think would happen to those who cared for you..... Academy City could easily use their own technology to find them after all the violations you caused just by using the traces you left.... Why would you consider doing something so drastic...."

Minoru laughed as the energy coursed through his body.

"If you think Academy City can touch us, you really are just a dumb kid." He sounded oddly triumphant with that assessment. A cough wracked his body and blood spat from his lips. "I'm already dead." His face twisted into a snarling grin. "But at least I died with honour." The sound of his body's molecules vibrating had reached a feverish scream.

"God damn it just shut up!" Accelerator's face was warped with a half frown, half smile that settled into a look of gleeful disgust. The same vindictive expression of someone crushing a dying insect. He slammed his hand into the wall, fingers clawing deep gouges from the concrete. He tore it down, wrenching it with his entire body down on top of Minoru. Then, inexplicably his thoughts turned to Haragi.

"You should find cover." He said coolly, glancing in the other boy's direction out the corner of his eye. It was a rare show of courtesy for him to acknowledge someone else's well-being. The wall would only do so much to smother the blast, after all.

A few moments passed as the high whistle stopped. The explosion followed shortly afterwards.

Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:13 am

Minoru was seriously considering a suicidal attack. An odd feeling came about Haragi, something he hadn't felt before in a long while. Time was running short before the Minoru would perform a suicidal explosion, and Haragi was frozen over the idea of his enemy doing such a thing. The previous missions Haragi had been sent on by Academy City's Dark side resulted in Haragi himself defeating his opponents without any thought of killing themselves unlike what this situation has brought. For the first time, Haragi was unable to think properly, he simply didn't know what to do.

The ear shattering screech from Minoru's body shrieked through the whole room, maybe even the whole warehouse. It was loud enough to cause the stacked wooden crates to fall of the crates beneath, cracking open it's contents.

Was Haragi's life going to end like this? He had nowhere to run, let alone even move being in an empty minded state. Even if his <Ultimate Defense> was activated, he doubted he himself would survive the impact of the explosion no more than 5 seconds. His ideal crystallized FROPs <Free Radicals of Oxygen Particles> would be able to hold against numerous particles entering entropy at close range. This time, he was trapped with no opportunities of escape. But then...

"God damn it just shut up!"

The pissed off tone from a Certain Albino haired Esper screamed in response to Minoru's death wish. Accelerator used his esper powers to rip apart a chunk of the concrete wall and plant it on top of the active time bomb known as Minoru. In that moment, the pure white haired Level 5 turned towards the frozen Haragi, telling him to get to a safe area.

Accelerator had actually offered his help towards others for some odd reason. He planned to reduce the impact of the explosion with the thick amount of concrete he threw on top of the nearly dead Minoru. He had given Haragi an opportunity to survive. But what of the offerer himself? Would Accelerator be able to escape himself? Of course, if he wasn't able to he wouldn't be known as the strongest in Academy City.

Keeping that in mind, Haragi firmly nodded and quickly made his way out of the warehouse towards a safe distance. His method of running was of course through skidding on <thin air>. However, right now the problem was escaping in time. Exiting the warehouse was a bit more complicated than entering, especially with all the debris of crates that crashed onto the ground because of Minoru. Haragi had to improvise just like that time on the 14th floor of the building. He would need to trust his instincts...

A few moments later...

"Shit!"

The explosion occurred ripping apart the insides of the warehouse, with Haragi barely managing to make it out. A few sharpnels of concrete smashed into his back along with the force from the explosion caused him lose focus of his personal reality, thus throwing him off balance.

"Gaaaah!"

Before he noticed, he was falling 30 feet from the air, with the river conveniently below.

Popping his head out of the river water, he gasped for fresh air. Pain indulged from his back, as a wound mark appeared from behind. He noticed his own blood mix with the river water, realizing how bad his injury was. But however he chose to ignore it because there were more important matters to focus on rather than his insignificant wounds. The distinct smell of fire originated from the destroyed remains of the warehouse above.

Was the fight finally over? Is his opponent dead? Was Accelerator still alive?

There was only one way to find out. Stepping out of the water, Haragi followed his way towards the ruins of the warehouse to confirm Minoru's death....
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:05 am

What little remained of the warehouse was a smoking ruin. Jagged shards of twisted metal and shattered concrete jutted from the ground amidst piles of pulverised debris. The dusty air was hard to breathe and it swirled around Haragi's movements.

The dusty shroud lifted. Only Accelerator remained. His lone form stood, unmoved by the blast. Where once his fallen enemy had sprawled in a crumpled heap now only a smoking crater remained. Accelerator turned his head slowly to face Haragi.

"You made it then." He drawled apathetically. "It looks like you came in useful after all." His beady red eyes flicked to Haragi.
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:10 pm

Sharp pain stung through the innards of Haragi's wounded back. Biting his teeth tightly as he could, he reached the remains of the place he barely managed to escape.T he mere presence of what seemed to be one lone figure remained within the cloud of dust deep inside the center of the area. Surrounded by the scattered debris of the once standing warehouse, Haragi moved closer and closer towards that mysterious figure. The dust slowly became transparent enough to deduce the person to be none other than the Accelerator. As expected, there was no scratch on him at all, unscathed to the bone.

"Figures you would make it out...."

The usual sigh from Haragi's mouth was seen while his eyelids overlapped his eyes for a brief moment. The Level 4 had moved past Accelerator to observe the outcome for himself. The scene of what caused the explosion was nothing but a thick crater. There was no existence of the once living intruder anywhere within this crater. There was absolutely nothing to be seen but debris and rubble.

"He's dead, right?....."

Since Accelerator tanked the explosion himself with his monstrous esper powers, it would be logical that he would know something.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:28 am

"Figures you would make it out...."

Accelerator fixed Haragi with an deadpan expression. As if to say 'you expected any other outcome'?

"He's dead, right?....."

His gaze settled on the crater.

"I don't see him anywhere. Do you?" He replied with snide sarcasm and kicked at the dust by his feet, nudging it over the lip of the crater. "Now that's settled I'm going." He thrust his hands into his pockets and turned on his heel. He didn't spare the wreckage, nor Minoru any thought.

It was like stepping on vermin at the end of the day.

In one final moment of uncharacteristic consideration he called over to Haragi.

"You should get out of here before the rent-a-cops turn up and start asking questions."
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:54 pm

And just like that, a underground mission given to only the ones who belong in the Dark side of Academy City was done once and for all. Even though this intruder miraculously escaped Haragi's large scale explosions, he was no where to be found. It was common sense to at least be cautious about the possibility of him surviving, but that didn't seem like the case at this time.

"You should get out of here before the rent-a-cops turn up and start asking questions."

The Level 4 esper nodded as he was just about to leave. However something disturbed him throughout this everlasting battle. How was this person able to manipulate the molecules in the air without using one's own personal reality? He was sure that Accelerator had had his suspicions about that, especially when he preached about Academy City's reliability on Science as if there was some other idea that completely opposes Science, something Haragi would find a hard time believing. His whole life was spent within the hospitality of Science.

"Don't you think it's weird how this guy claims to not use his personal reality when he used his 'powers'?.... His powers seemed like a Level 4's but he managed to break through your barrier pretty easily.... Not only that, he came from the outside world..."

For the slight moment, the confused esper sighed with apathy attempting not to think too deeply about his suspicions.

"What I'm trying to say is that there may be more people like him.... But I'd rather not waste my time doing that retarded kind of work that was meant for the higher ups to do...."

Just now, Solid Air noticed something odd since Accelerator had aided him to take down his target. Unlike his terrible history of mercilessly beating down whoever was in his way, there was no sign of any intentions of Accelerator betraying him altogether. Even though both of their interests met to turn out this way, there were times during their partnership Accelerator had shown sympathy towards the level 4. Something like this was never shown in light of Accelerator's attitude. Why is that? A slight smirk managed to find its way onto his apathetic face.

"Oh by the way.... You really haven't changed since the last time, back when we were forced to school at that god damn institute.... Back in those days... we both had it rough to get to where we are now....."

The Special Ability Institute. Two years of suffering that Solid Air has been through forced by Academy City's research division before rejoining a public school. Coincidentally, Accelerator was also a victim but the only clear difference is that he progressed further than what the Level 4 could ever possibly do. There wasn't many times that both of them spoke to each other, only glimpses and glares were occasionally made to each other. Both of them made it into the Dark Side of Academy City regardless. But he doubted Accelerator would remember anything about him.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:38 pm

"Don't you think it's weird how this guy claims to not use his personal reality when he used his 'powers'?.... His powers seemed like a Level 4's but he managed to break through your barrier pretty easily.... Not only that, he came from the outside world..."

Haragi's words were wasted on Accelerator, who cared little for the where and why. He continued walking. Was it just that he was too foolish to acknowledge how close he had come to death? Or too proud? Had so long at the top of the food chain blinded him to the dangers around him?

"What I'm trying to say is that there may be more people like him.... But I'd rather not waste my time doing that retarded kind of work that was meant for the higher ups to do...."

Accelerator allowed himself a bitter, snorting laugh at that comment. That made two of them.

"Oh by the way.... You really haven't changed since the last time, back when we were forced to school at that god damn institute.... Back in those days... we both had it rough to get to where we are now....."

Accelerator's steps came to a halt.

"All that place did was weed the weak from the strong." He drawled, a sneer of distaste curling his upper lip. "You should be thankful you survived." He resumed his steady walk. Was he praising Haragi's strength or suggesting his survival was down to luck?

Last edited by Accelerator on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:02 am

*Cue Necessary Music*

It seemed that the Level 5 didn't give any interest to being in the same situation as the Level 4 at one point in their lives. But what Accelerator had said did help Haragi realize one thing he tried hard to doubt, which was that the Special Ability Institute only wanted to research on the strongest Espers and scrap the weak ones instead of the "empty" promise Haragi was given. That promise was that his powers would be tamed disallowing himself from harming others unexpectedly. However that promise was still to be kept as he was given cold blooded missions to kill.... To this day, he still hadn't known what had come over him on the day he took his mother's life.... Maybe he had been longing for this answer from the higher ups even through suffering in the institute he was forced into and even through completing the harsh assignments he was given being apart of Academy City's Dark Side. Basically Haragi was a prisoner of the higher ups doing what he's told to do as much as he didn't want to, he had no choice.

His eyes focused on the swaying grass below him,

"Thankful for surviving, huh?.... Well that makes one of us..."

His walking pace continued away from Accelerator's direction, grabbing a hold of the insides of the pockets of his rugged jeans. Haragi survived every close call up to today, but this wasn't because he simply tried his best to survive. In fact, he wanted to end his life from the day he lost his mother. But the regrets he had made in his past, keep urging him to live on. Thinking of Accelerator's words, he quietly mumbled to himself,

"If you only understood that we both are prisoners of this damned city in the end..."

That was it for their temporary partnership, something that vanished quickly and not worth mentioned again like it ever existed. Soon the Level 4 Esper walked to the point he couldn't hear Accelerator's footsteps anymore. Though this didn't barricade his mind for too long, seeing something new had appeared. A familiar sting surged through his back, now realizing his noticeable wound hadn't healed. However, not a moment too soon, his cell phone started to vibrate. It was that woman... The same woman who put him into this mess. As annoyed as he was, he answered the call while sounding irritated,

"Can't you assholes give me a break...."

"You sound arrogant as usual. Maybe I should punish you for not being respectful enough to me, fufufufu~"

Confusing as what she had meant, Haragi could tell she would do perverted things to him if he played along. Was she making fun of him?

"What the fuck that's supposed to mean...."

"Nevermind that. Solid Air, what's the current situation?"

"He's dead.... He finished himself by trying to kamikaze though that didn't turn out the way he wanted in the end..."

"Did you confirm his death?"

"No shit... He ended up demolishing a warehouse though... Have the clean up crew pick the leftovers if they want... I doubt they can find anything....."

Hoping that this would be the end of his mission, this persistent woman continued to talk.

"Hmmm, Well then I suppose I should leave it at that. I'll take care of the rest, though... you happened to destroy an archive of irretrievable data as I seen reports from Judgement inspecting the leftovers of the 14th floor inside University Research Bui-"

"Good bye...."

He hung up abruptly. He didn't want to hear another word of out of that woman's mouth as he was getting close to blowing his top. As before, he continued to walk towards the direction of his home while being deep in thought about his injury.

"I guess I have to make up another excuse for Aneki... I won't be able to hide the dried up blood too easily.... However.... that wasn't Personal Reality that guy used back there... I'm sure of it. But what was it really?"

Minoru's case swarmed Haragi's mind as he walked, but he knew something would come bad out of trying to find something he can't even provide his own logic with. But there was a odd feeling he had that something would come his way in the near future similar to what happened tonight.

~Fin~
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Elsewhere,

"I see." The man sat veiled in darkness, holding the phone to his ear. The pale light of the moon cast stark shadows across his form. His white shirt was neatly pressed beneath a sharp suit jacket the same colour as the inky shadows around him. "No, the files are of no concern." His voice was cold and dispassionate with a deep, soft tone. "All that matters is that we have obtained an estimation of Academy City's forces. Should our hand be forced, we will be prepared."

He stood, approaching the large floor to ceiling window that made up the wall of the darkened room. Sharp, elegant features were reflected in the glass. Cold eyes of startling sky blue gazed out over the neon lit city below like an eagle surveying the land before the kill.

"In the end neither of us had to get our hands dirty."

Academy City,

"I understand." The silver haired man spoke with a voice like a serpent's hiss. "I'll remain undercover until such time as you require my services again." He slipped the telephone into the pocket of his white suit. Standing atop the roof of one of the city's many skyscrapers, he didn't have to worry about standing out even against the night sky. Resembling a ghost, the white clad figure smiled enigmatically.

The shadows of this city would be their staging ground.
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2