Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Aoki Aiko Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:54 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[SS] First Class

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[SS] First Class - Page 3 Empty Re: [SS] First Class

Post  Guy Li Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:18 am

While his friend dealt with the troublesome teleporter the hostage taker dragged the uncooperative boy towards a nearby car.

"Stop. You're not taking him anywhere!" Kazari stepped out from the crowd, her arms held wide to stop him from passing. But rather than stop the thief instead pushed the boy at her, barging past while she moved to catch the falling child. He hurried into the driver's seat, hoping against hope that his partner had managed to keep the other Judgement girl at bay.

He started the engine and floored the accelerator.

Kuroko meanwhile had been narrowly dodging the enemy's flaming fists, several times singeing her hair when the blows had come too close for comfort.

Upon seeing Kazari with the unharmed boy Kuroko sighed wearily.

"At last." She flickered from sight and the robber sailed forward with a long, reaching punch.

A pair of feet appeared over his head. The impact was enough to knock him out cold and he tumbled to the floor in a heap. Kuroko landed on her feet and could only watch in dismay as the car sped away with the remaining thief.
Guy Li
Guy Li
A Certain Mysterious Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:51 pm

As Ruiko ran forward towards the scene, she saw Uiharu reach there before her.

Time seemed to slow down and Ruiko felt her feet drag to a stop as she watched Kazari step forward.

"Stop. You're not taking him anywhere!"

Kazari fell backwards with a yelp as she caught the small boy pushed at her.

And Ruiko watched helplessly as the thief barged past her friend and hurried into the car.

“Oh no you don’t!”

The bold voice of Misaka Mikoto rang out clearly in the area. Brilliant blue arcs of electricity danced violently around the Level 5’s form.

“Kuroko! Sorry about the interference, but things have just got PERSONAL!”

A single coin was flicked in the air, and a few milliseconds later, a terrifying streak of orange light flew towards the fleeing car at three times the speed of light.

“HOLY SHIT!” the thief gave a shout in the vehicle as he saw the approaching light in the rear mirror, but by the time he thought about turning the vehicle out of its way, it was already too late.

A loud boom resonated the area as the carefully calculated beam hit the side of the car. The vehicle flew into the air, spinning as it went with the driver holding on for his dear life. It crashed back to the ground, clouds of smoke rising from it steadily. The driver looked completely knocked out- the only sign that he was still alive was the erratic twitch of his eyebrows.

The Railgun stood, eyeing the car with an almost disinterested expression. It appeared she had not having even dropped a single sweat. She huffed and flicked her hair back, looking every bit like “Electric Princess” she was also known as.

Ruiko stood frozen, eyes wide with awe at the sight in front of her.
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t81-esper-misaka-mikoto

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:02 pm

“Kuroko! Sorry about the interference, but things have just got PERSONAL!”

The teleporter watched with reluctant acceptance as the level five took aim and fired. This would take a lot of explaining.

"What's going on?" Guy asked, barging through the crowds to get a better look at the action. His curiosity had gotten the better of him, along with no small amount of concern for Mikoto and the others who had been in the vicinity of the explosion. And besides, assuming everything was under control he may still have time to get to work. At least that was how he rationalised it to himself.

He reached the front of the crowd just as the car sped past. The shockwave of the projectile whipped at his hair as it passed in hot pursuit of the speeding vehicle. Guy watched, dumbstruck as the orange trail collided with the vehicle, sending it spinning end over end.

What the hell was that?

He traced the path of the coin by its after image. Back along the street. Back to a certain school girl.

His mouth hung open, fixed in an expression of mute disbelief as he eyed the level five.

Just what kind of monster was this girl?
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:50 pm

The road was cracked along where the electromagnetic canon had sped past above it, trailing towards where the smoking and shattered car lay. Anti-skill arrived to detain the thieves, shooing the crowd away so they could do their job.

Kazari had almost fainted afterwards, her knees giving way as she let out a great breath of relief. The lost boy was found, the thugs captured, and all was well.

“Great job, Uiharu-san! You were cool!”

Mikoto appeared next to the flower wreathed girl, smiling at the Judgement girl. Kazari blushed furiously, almost visibly glowing at having been praised by a Level 5.

“M-misaka-san! Y-you were amazing!”

Ruiko stood a few metres away, a silent shadow watching the exchange. Although she was truly happy that everything had gone well, her heart felt heavy. Why had she frozen? Was that the difference between a Level 1 and a Level 0? Could Ruiko truly do nothing?

“Saten-san~ Thank you for helping me find the boy earlier.”

Ruiko was startled when Mikoto’s voice addressed her, pulling her out of her darker thoughts. The electromaster was smiling sincerely, and Ruiko could not see anything that suggested that Mikoto was mocking her.

Perhaps not all high leveled espers are as bad as I thought… Maybe

Ruiko gave back a small smile, congratulating Mikoto on her awesome capture. Her heavy heart grew lighter, but a shadow of doubt still lingered in her mind.
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:18 pm

(Well, while I wait for people to reply to the other threads I may as well post here)

Kuroko appeared beside Mikoto with a dismayed frown that did little to cover the pride she felt. It was quite a thrill, being roommates with one of the city's most powerful espers.

"Onee-sama..." She started her usual lecture about how Mikoto should leave crime fighting to herself and the other members of the city's volunteer law enforcement. However, before she could finish she was interrupted by two Anti-Skill officers clad in full body armour. It seemed backup had arrived at last, if a little late to help.

"Miss, could you come with us." One of the men said sternly to Mikoto. His comrade looked a little more nervous, obviously shaken from Mikoto's earlier display.

"What's this about?" Kuroko asked abruptly, squaring up to the uniformed officer.

"Unauthorised power usage is strictly prohibited. Please come with us." The first officer stated firmly. Kuroko looked appalled.

"Rules or no, she just stopped that criminal from getting away!" She yelled, her temper fraying quickly.

"I don't make the rules..." The officer started dryly, obviously not interested in debating the matter. It was more than his job was worth, after all. Kuroko simmered with anger.

"Ah. There you are." Guy said cheerfully, approaching the group. He placed a hand on Mikoto and Kuroko's shoulders. Kuroko shot him a murderous glare. "Sorry about that. I should have been paying more attention to them." He apologised earnestly to the two officers.

"And you are?" The first officer spoke again, turning his attention to the boy, who looked to be at least slightly older than the girls.

"I'm their teacher." Guy admitted, shooting the Anti-Skill a bashfully apologetic smile. "I swear, I look away for one moment and you're causing all kinds of trouble." He laughed nervously.

"You're responsible for these girls?"

"I guess you could say that." Guy's face was fixed in that awkward smile. For a second the man seemed to be considering what to do.

"Well in the future please keep a closer eye on your students. You have no idea the amount of paperwork this is worth..." He had apparently decided that taking Mikoto in was more trouble than it was worth.

Good call. Guy thought to himself. He wondered if an entire unit of Anti Skill would be enough to subdue her if she decided not to go quietly.

"Come on, girls. Time to get back to class..." He ushered Kuroko, Mikoto and the others away from the scene of the crime. He waited until they were at the corner of the block to relax entirely. "Whew. That was a close one." He looked down at his watch. "Great. Now I'm gonna be late for work." He clutched at his temples, realising that his boss would be far from forgiving. "And I just got that job..." He lamented to no one in particular. Kazari and Ruiko shared a bemused look between one another.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:28 pm

"Onee-sama..."

Mikoto almost groaned out loud, knowing perfectly what was coming next.

Civilian this… civilian that… Give me a break…

But before her junior could finish, two Anti-Skills interrupted, and Mikoto turned her head.

"Miss, could you come with us."

Mikoto blanched.

“Eh?”

"What's this about?" Kuroko stepped in and Mikoto felt relieved and grateful.

"Unauthorised power usage is strictly prohibited. Please come with us."

Kuroko looked appalled and much to Mikoto’s surprise, yelled at the officer hotly.

"Rules or no, she just stopped that criminal from getting away!"

"I don't make the rules..."

As Kuroko shimmered with anger, Mikoto felt touched that her junior would defend her actions even though she herself had disapproved of Mikoto's actions.

“Hey Kuroko,” Mikoto said gently, “It’ll be fine… I’ll just-“

"Ah. There you are."

That familiar, cheerful voice. The certain teacher approached them, casually placing a hand on their shoulders. Mikoto gave him an annoyed glare, but did not move away.

"Sorry about that. I should have been paying more attention to them."

"And you are?"

"I'm their teacher. I swear, I look away for one moment and you're causing all kinds of trouble."

Guy laughed nervously and Mikoto fought the urge to shock him senseless. But she managed to stay quiet; after all, he was trying to help them.

"You're responsible for these girls?"

"I guess you could say that."

A stupid and awkward smile was fixed on Guy’s face, and Mikoto thought the Anti-skill men would never buy the story.

Geez, he’s one terrible actor.

"Well in the future please keep a closer eye on your students. You have no idea the amount of paperwork this is worth..."

They left, leaving Mikoto feeling amused, irritated and relieved all at the same time.

"Come on, girls. Time to get back to class..." He ushered them away and Mikoto followed with a huff. "Whew. That was a close one."

The teacher looked down at his watch and an expression of alarm passed through.

"Great. Now I'm gonna be late for work. And I just got that job..."

Mikoto leaned on a wall, not showing a single drop of pity for Guy.

“Hmph, no one asked you to help,” she said ungratefully, “If you’re going to complain, then you should really think about what you’re getting into before pretending to be a hero.”

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:37 am

“Hmph, no one asked you to help, if you’re going to complain, then you should really think about what you’re getting into before pretending to be a hero.”

Guy looked utterly deflated, his head hung low between sunken shoulders.

"How cruel..." He uttered. Not even a thank you, he thought bitterly. Maybe she was right. Maybe being the good guy was more trouble than it was worth.

"In any case, we really should get back before we're late." Kuroko took the initiative, almost herding the girls away from the crestfallen teacher.

They left to the sound of Guy's ringing phone as the boy debated whether to answer his furious boss or not.

"Is it usually this exciting working for Judgement?" Ruiko asked. "Catching crooks and saving people and..." She jumped about excitably, obviously thrilled by what she had just witnessed. To her it was like a movie come to life. She swallowed the small but lingering disappointment at being unable to help.

Maybe one day...

Before going their separate ways Kazari suggested meeting up at one of the cafes in town after school. Kuroko seemed unconvinced.

"Haven't we had enough trouble for one day?" The twin tailed girl had complained. "I just want to relax."
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:49 pm

"How cruel..."

Mikoto felt a twinge of guilt as Guy looked utterly deflated, and she quickly looked away just incase it showed on her face. Perhaps she had been too harsh; she was actually quite grateful for his help. It was just… Mikoto didn’t even know what it was. Everything that the teacher did just… irritated her for no particular reason.

It IS his impulsive pretend-to-be-hero act that pisses me off, Mikoto decided.

"In any case, we really should get back before we're late."

Kuroko broke her trail of thoughts, obviously herding them away from the teacher. Mikoto threw her junior an amused smile. It was obvious that the teleporter didn’t particularly like the teacher either. At least she had someone on her side…

They left Guy staring at his ringing phone with panicked eyes.

Mikoto felt her spirits rise as they walked away. Ruiko was excitedly talking about what had happened, spinning off the tale as if it had been an epic scene from a movie. Mikoto merely listened as Kuroko persistently corrected Ruiko’s heroic versions of what she imagined being in judgement would be like.

Her ears perked up when Kazari suggested meeting up at a café after school.

Before the Electromaster could agree however, her roommate quickly interjected.

"Haven't we had enough trouble for one day? I just want to relax."

“Hmm? But you can always relax at the café, Kuroko,” Mikoto said, “I think it’s a great idea- I’d definitely go.” She glanced at Kuroko almost questioningly. “I guess Kuroko doesn’t have to come if she doesn’t want to. We can always go again another time!”

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:02 am

“Hmm? But you can always relax at the café, Kuroko, I think it’s a great idea- I’d definitely go. I guess Kuroko doesn’t have to come if she doesn’t want to. We can always go again another time!”

Kuroko grimaced. Her plans to capture a special moment with her beloved Onee-sama had met with resounding failure today after being derailed by that boy and the ensuing incident. But she wasn't willing to go home empty handed while the others had fun.

"Wait! I didn't say that!" She said, backpedalling. "I mean, if you're going, Onee-sama it would only be right as your junior for me to accompany you." She tried to put a spin on her sudden change of mind.

"Then we'll see you guys after class!" Ruiko said, waving good bye as she and Kazari made their way for their own school.

True to their word, the two girls were almost at the Tokiwadai gates as the bell rang. Kazari was blushing furiously following another of Ruiko's skirt flipping attempts.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:28 pm

“Uiharu-san! Saten-san!” Mikoto called out happily to the waiting pair as she walked out of the gates and spotted them. She noticed that Uiharu looked strangely flushed. Kuroko was just a step behind, greeting the two with a graceful air. She hovered around her Onee-sama protectively, just as she believed a good vanguard of the Level 5 should do. She still held some resentment that she couldn’t have her precious alone-time with her Oneesama, but the teleporter convinced herself that there would be plenty of opportunities to come.

“So,” Mikoto said, “Where shall we go?”

She thought for a moment, and then brightened at some idea.

“What about Joseph’s nearby? Does that sound good at all?”
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:12 pm

"Well, I had heard of this one place." Kazari said, trying unsuccessfully to hide her enthusiasm. Ruiko looked sceptical.

"It's not one of those weird 'cosplay' cafes, is it?" She asked with a raised eyebrow. Kazari shook her head vehemently.

"No, it's nothing like that." She insisted, perhaps a little too strongly. "It's a sophisticated European style bistro." She declared authoritatively, reciting what she had heard from the advertisement. Ruiko's sceptical look only deepened.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:31 pm

“Well, we won’t know until we find out, right?” Mikoto said with laughter in her voice,

“So why don’t we check it out?”

A little while later, the four found themselves walking into a small, but rather fancy looking restaurant. As they entered, Kazari looked around enthusiastically with sparkling eyes- as if her dreams had finally come true.

“Whoah…”

Ruiko gave a half-hearted sigh, shaking her head in amusement.

“Oh man…” she muttered.

"Where do you guys want to sit-" Mikoto trailed off in the middle of her sentence, her smile suddenly frozen in place at something she saw.

"Oneesama?" When the teleporter received no reply, she followed Mikoto's line of sight. When she spotted the person Mikoto was staring at, she literally jerked back and bristled- even her pigtails standing on their ends.

"Why, what is that APE doing here?!" her voice was filled with horror and distaste.

Mikoto hardly gave any response, frozen with shock at seeing the certain teacher wearing a waiter uniform of all things.
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:30 am

Guy stood frozen to the spot, his expression transfixed like a cat caught in headlights upon spotting the group of girls.

'Of all the people to find me here...' His mind immediately spun into action. How could he escape this nightmare scenario? Or at least make it less devastating? Moonlighting as a waiter wouldn't look good to the powers that be, especially if it was his students that found out in the first place.

'There are 49 possible escape strategies in this situation.' He considered them in the blink of an eye.

The tense silence lasted until a voice came from over Guy's shoulder.

"Is there a problem here?" A smartly dressed woman asked.

'Those 49 possible strategies have been reduced to 15' He assessed coldly.

"No, no problem at all." Guy immediately jumped in before any of the girls could respond. "I was just showing our guests to their table." He said. He gestured to a nearby table with a stiff bow like an old fashioned butler. In his black waistcoat and trousers he certainly looked the part.

The woman didn't take her eyes off of him as he greeted them formally.

"Good afternoon young ladies." He started. "My name is Guy and I will be your waiter for today." He gave another formal bow. "Would the young ladies like to begin with some refreshing tea?" He maintained a veneer of dignity that was fast dissolving.

'Why today?' He cursed his luck, glancing sidelong at his boss, who smirked to herself, satisfied at his performance.

He stood forcing a stoic expression as he waited for the girls to deliver their order like a prison sentence.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:23 am

Mikoto fell out of her stupor as Guy addressed them formally, leading them to a table. He looked so hilariously different with the waiter uniform that Mikoto was having a hard time resisting the burst of laughter threatening to escape. Nevertheless, she managed to maintain a cool and calm aura of a refined lady and sat down, ignoring the discontent muttering of her junior and the exchanged looks of bafflement between Kazari and Ruiko.

"Good afternoon young ladies. My name is Guy and I will be your waiter for today." Guy gave a formal bow and it was now taking all of Mikoto’s self control not to roll about laughing. She snorted loudly, quickly turning it into a cough. "Would the young ladies like to begin with some refreshing tea?"

She caught him snake an almost nervous glance at a woman who appeared to be his boss, and smirked arrogantly. The electromaster’s eyes glinted with triumph, knowing this was the most delicious opportunity to torment the certain teacher… And apparently now, a waiter.

Her lips pulled upwards into a smile- perfectly sweet and innocent at first glance, but discreetly harbouring some wicked edge that would send chills down anyone’s spine, for those who could decipher it.

“My, my,” Mikoto drawled lazily, “What a fine place you work in.” She leaned in closer to him, her tone suddenly dropping a few degrees in temperature. “Tokiwadai not good enough for you?”

She leaned back on her seat, smiling that friendly-but-dangerous smile again. Her eyes flickered to the list of teas on the menu board.

“Mmm… Tea sounds good.”

She purposely took a long time choosing, pretending to find the decision-making process difficult. She changed her mind a few times just for the fun of it, wanting to put Guy on the spot and make him nervous. She was actually enjoying the feeling of knowing that Guy had to do as she wished. For the first time, Mikoto felt in control of the situation when that idiot was around, and she wanted it to last as long as possible.

“Wait, I think I’d actually like some peppermint tea instead,” she finally ordered with a superior air. “It’s my final decision.”

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:16 pm

“My, my, What a fine place you work in.” He gritted his teeth firmly. “Tokiwadai not good enough for you?” Guy felt his spirits sink but maintained a professional façade as best he could. This was not going to be easy.

“Mmm… Tea sounds good.”

He stood straight and attentive as the girls decided on their order, scribbling them down on a pad. As he expected Mikoto was going to make this as difficult as possible for him. It was clear enough to see that she was deriving some sort of twisted pleasure from having him at her command. The other girls looked unsure how to act but nevertheless couldn't help but grin at the sight of the boy looking uncharacteristically uncomfortable. It was amusing to see the tables turned after all.

“Wait, I think I’d actually like some peppermint tea instead, It’s my final decision.”

He scratched the last order off of the list.

"As you wish." Guy said flatly. He looked distinctly unamused. Deep blue eyes looked out from under heavy lids with a weary expression. He felt an iron grip on his shoulder.

"You can do better than that." His boss smiled. "These are our guests, after all." Her eyes concealed a threatening aura that was made Guy shiver even though he couldn't see it. "Make them feel special."

Guy bowed again apologetically.

"Forgive me, my lady." He said in a display of over the top humility. "It is my honour to serve you."

Kazari felt her nose bleed a little.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:08 am

"As you wish."

Mikoto smirked. She was really glad Kazari had the idea of coming here- she was finally paying him back to the brim.

"You can do better than that. These are our guests, after all."

Mikoto glanced at Guy’s boss, whom Guy seemed very fearful of. She made a mental note of it- perhaps this fact would come in handy later.

"Make them feel special."

"Forgive me, my lady." Guy said with an apologetic bow. His tired expression did not change during his display of excessive humility, and it produced a tiny spark of guilt in Mikoto. Just a tiny one.

"It is my honour to serve you."

His submissive words suddenly made Mikoto very self-conscious. A terrible heat quickly rose up from her neck to her face, burning her skin as it went.

“I-It’s fine!” she stuttered, unable to help herself staring at Guy with wide eyes. Feeling that the situation was beginning to slip out of her control, she quickly masked her embarrassment with anger.

“Just go get our teas already!” she cried irritably. Kazari and Ruiko almost jumped out of their seats at her sudden change in tone. Kazari looked at the brown-haired girl with wide eyes while Ruiko gave her smile that seemed all-knowing. Kuroko, who sat next to her, looked absolutely devastated- her face was slowly turning the shade of a weird blue-purple.

“Onee-sama…” Kuroko murmured. The voice that usually sang out the title with such joy suddenly rang out in a dark and gloomy tone. The teleporter’s head was lowered, creating a creepy shadow over her face.

“Don’t tell me… you and that… that… APE are-!!”

She broke off with a dramatic choking noise, as if the teleporter could not find words to express such an atrocity.

“What?” Mikoto sounded distracted, her face still red. It took her a few moments to realise what Kuroko was implying.

“No way!” In her fury, embarrassment and haste to deliver her denial, Mikoto suddenly stood up as she shouted roughly at her junior. Her chair screeched deafeningly on the tile floor.

“Stop making stupid statements, Kuroko! You got that?!”

Some people around them stared, embarrassing her further. She quickly sat down, her eyes glaring the table as she suilked.

This is all his fault.

It always was.
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:27 pm

“I-It’s fine! Just go get our teas already!"

He stood up, straightening his uniform as he returned to his dignified posture.

"It would be my pleasure, my lady." He addressed her stiffly, bowing once more before turning away. It was difficult to tell whether he was simply trying to maintain what little remained of his dignity or just playing his role exceptionally well.

“Onee-sama…Don’t tell me… you and that… that… APE are-!!”

“What? No way! Stop making stupid statements, Kuroko! You got that?!”

Kazari and Ruiko stepped in to defuse the situation, each intercepting one of the Tokiwadai girls in an attempt to calm them down.

"Jeez. If you guys keep causing a scene I'm going to get fired." Guy arrived back at the table with their order, setting the tray of tea pots, cups and saucers down with practised ease. "You must like making my life difficult." He frowned slightly. "There's no need to get so upset. I'm just doing my job." He addressed Mikoto. "Everyone here has to do stuff like that." It was true, the various waiters were all engaging their customers theatrically. "It's our 'unique selling point' apparently." He didn't sound awfully pleased with the arrangement. "Everyone has a 'character' to play."

Ruiko jabbed Kazari in the ribs with a smug grin.

"I knew this was one of those weird 'maid cafe' sort of places."

Kuroko looked less than impressed, pouring herself a cup of tea and sitting back with a haughty expression of superiority on her face.

"I suppose it is more suitable for an ape like you." She flicked her auburn hair over her shoulder and studied the boy with disdain. Guy's expression remained stoic as he endured her insults.

Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:49 pm

"Jeez. If you guys keep causing a scene I'm going to get fired. You must like making my life difficult. There's no need to get so upset. I'm just doing my job. Everyone here has to do stuff like that. It's our 'unique selling point' apparently. Everyone has a 'character' to play."

"I knew this was one of those weird 'maid cafe' sort of places."

"I suppose it is more suitable for an ape like you."

Mikoto pouted sullenly as the others spoke, then suddenly broke into a huge, careless grin.

“Ah well~” she said in a light tone after sipping tea in the manner of a true ojou-sama.

“If that is so, you better do your job well, right?”

A mean smirk formed on her face, even as her tone remained feathery. There was a threatening addition that seemed to be implied: “Or else”.

Not only would Guy face consequences from his boss, there would definitely be retributions from this teenage girl.

“I think it’s time for the main meal, don’t you agree~?” She continued brightly, reaching for the menu.
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:14 pm

“Ah well~ If that is so, you better do your job well, right?”

He winced imperceptibly. Though it pained him to admit it, she held all the cards now. The best he could do now was grin and bare it.

“I think it’s time for the main meal, don’t you agree~?”

Kuroko had already buried her nose in the menu in an attempt to shut out the irritating boy's presence.

"Quite." Ruiko nodded, doing her best impression of a cultured and refined lady. She plucked a menu from the table and opened it daintily.

"What are the specials?" Kuroko asked abruptly, her eyes alight with a malevolent gleam. She already knew of course. But she also knew that the foreign dishes names were practically tongue twisters.

"Of course, my lady. Our specials today are Cannelloni ai carciofi and Risotto allo zafferano con petto d'anatra." He recited flawlessly. Kuroko could scarcely believe it.

"And the dessert special?"

"A light Sfogliatelle." He replied, standing stiffly by the table like a soldier called to attention.

Well played, Kuroko thought to herself. But Kuroko wasn't done yet.

"Vegetarian option." She said simply in an unexpected attempt to catch him out.

"Aglio e olio." He responded in kind.

"What wines do you have?" The twin tailed girl continued.

"I'm afraid I can't serve you fine ladies w-" A sharp pain in his foot shut him up and he jolted upright as his boss walked past, jamming her stilleto heel down onto his toes as she passed with a pleasant smile. "Of course. The wine list..." The hiss in his voice betrayed his pain as he handed Kuroko another menu. She looked the list over briefly before closing it.

"Hmm, I think I'll have the... what was it? Risotto... allo-." She slowly ran her finger over the words in the menu.

"Risotto allo zafferano con petto d'anatra. Very good." Guy hurriedly finished for her, his pen scratching across the pad in his hand even as he turned to Mikoto next. " And for you, miss?"
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:46 pm

Mikoto also listened with disbelief as Guy flawlessly pronounced everything Kuroko threw at him. He obviously knew what he was doing.

She turned to her junior in alarm when the teleporter mentioned the wine list. Ignoring Guy’s pained hiss, Mikoto said the most disapproving tone,

“Kuroko, you really shouldn’t have any wine.”

Whether this was because she felt any responsibility or just wanted to torment Guy further… Even Mikoto herself wasn’t sure.

"And for you, miss?"

Mikoto quickly glanced through the menu and jabbed a finger at the longest name she could find.

“This one.”

She pointed at “ravioli al pomodoro, al ragù, al bueeo e salvia” with a challenging look that dared Guy to say it smoothly without fault.

"So..." Mikoto drawled as she leaned back on her seat, cross-legged. Kazari was still busy trying to make up her mind, her eyes shining with the endless list of fancy choices.

"I wonder if the other Tokiwadai teachers know you work here? Who would have thought... Our new english teacher enjoys dressing up."

A malicious glint sparked anew in her eyes.
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:55 pm

“This one.”

Guy's eyes lowered into a dead eyed look of annoyance.

"Of course." He drawled sarcastically. Her choice had hardly been unexpected. He took a subtle breath.

"The..." He began. Kuroko listened intently for the first hint of a mistake. "ravioli..." He continued, a bead of sweat forming on his brow as the pressure grew. "al pomodoro..." He blinked. "al ragù, al bueeo e salvia” He finished with visible relief. He had hoped for a round of applause.

"So... I wonder if the other Tokiwadai teachers know you work here? Who would have thought... Our new english teacher enjoys dressing up."

"Look." He leaned over the table, his voice hushed. "I really need this job." He seemed genuine, his wide eyed look making him appear rather innocent for his boyish features. "Teaching barely covers the cost of rent, so I have to take other work to make a living." He admitted reluctantly, averting his gaze briefly. "Please don't tell anyone. I'll..." He paused reluctantly. "I'll do anything."
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:42 pm

Uiharu was the only one who clapped and looked impressed after Guy’s performance- an enthusiastic sound that faded away immediately when she realised no one was going to join in. The flower wreathed girl looked down at the table, blushing terribly.

"Look. I really need this job. Teaching barely covers the cost of rent, so I have to take other work to make a living. Please don't tell anyone. I'll..." He paused reluctantly. "I'll do anything."

Mikoto made a show of thinking deeply about it, pursing her lips for a serious look. Her eyes though, were sparkling with delight at her obvious upper-hand in the situation.

“My, my…” Mikoto drawled, “Do anything, will we? You should really watch what you’re saying, Sensei.”

At this, Kuroko sprayed out some of the tea she had been drinking, causing the droplets to land on Ruiko.

“Hey!” Ruiko protested, wiping her face hurriedly with a napkin.

Bur Kuroko hardly seemed to hear or notice, for she was staring at her Onee-sama in pure horror.

“Onee-sama… Surely you can’t be-”

The only sign that Mikoto had gotten a grasp of what her junior was suggesting was her rose-tinged cheeks. Instead of sending her the usual thump however, the Electromaster merely continued quickly, drowning out Kuroko’s perverted implications with a louder voice. Her predatory, shining eyes were set on Guy and her good mood also began to touch her lips.

“I really can’t promise you anything, Sensei,” Mikoto declared with a mockingly respectful tone. “I might… Ah~ I might just accidentally let it slip that you work here. It’s a girl’s law to share news you know,” she flicked a strand of brown hair back, and a touch of regret was perfectly added to make her speech that much more painful for Guy.

“Just imagine then, this place will be flooded with your students and fellow teachers. I don’t see why you’re making such a big fuss about it, really. You’ll have more business here… And,” her eyes sparkled with amusement, “more people to practice your… acting skills on."

Throughout Mikoto’s whole speech, Kuroko had started to bang her head lightly on the table.
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:47 pm

“My, my…Do anything, will we? You should really watch what you’re saying, Sensei. I really can’t promise you anything, Sensei,” Mikoto declared with a mockingly respectful tone. “I might… Ah~ I might just accidentally let it slip that you work here. It’s a girl’s law to share news you know,”

He looked at her with a wide eyed puppy dog expression.

“Just imagine then, this place will be flooded with your students and fellow teachers. I don’t see why you’re making such a big fuss about it, really. You’ll have more business here… And more people to practice your… acting skills on."

"There must be something..." He fished in his pockets. His wallet was empty, that much was no surprise. Aside from his phone the only other thing remaining was... Wait. What was that? He pulled it from the breast pocket of his waistcoat. The small Gekota figure smiled dumbly from its chain with wide arms that seemed to be beckoning Mikoto to hug the tiny doll.

That was it? He looked at the thing disappointingly. Something like that was hardly going to change her mind.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:44 am

As soon as the Gekota figure appeared out of his pocket, Mikoto’s entire demeanor changed. Her eyes continued to sparkle, but for a completely different reason altogether. Those rounded brown orbs stared at the green toy with wonder and longing, shining like brilliant stars.

“Gekota!” she cried out with a wholehearted joyfulness of a little child.

Then realising who it was that was holding the toy, Mikoto’s trademark flush appeared and she averted her gaze away with an embarrassed frown. From the corner of her eyes though, she kept sneaking jealous glances at the Gekota toy.

“I mean, it’s not like I like it or anything,” she quickly babbled on to explain her childish behaviour. She mumbled something incoherent as Ruiko and Kazari threw each other knowing looks and exchanged a smile.

Kuroko’s head banging on the table only grew louder.
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:18 pm

“Gekota! I mean, it’s not like I like it or anything,”

Guy blinked, taken by surprise at Mikoto's unguarded display of delight. He lowered his head, smiling to himself. Now he understood. In fact a lot of things became clear in that instant.

Mikoto was also pretending to be someone else. Beneath the much admired Railgun with her cool and standoffish attitude and proper, well-mannered respectability was another girl entirely.

"Well, look what we have here..." He grinned mischievously as he dangled the keychain. "And I wonder what all your underclassmen would think if they found out you still liked such things." He swung it around his finger. For a long, agonising moment he let the threat hang.

"Look. I'll give you this and in exchange you have to promise not to say a word to anyone about this." He snatched the chain from the air and stuffed it into his pocket. "You can have it when my shift finishes." He left to fetch their orders.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum