Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

Character Discussion: Mikoto Misaka (SPOILERS WARNING)

Go down

Character Discussion: Mikoto Misaka (SPOILERS WARNING) Empty Character Discussion: Mikoto Misaka (SPOILERS WARNING)

Post  [Old] Misaka Imouto Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:51 am

I just woke up and lead to posting something rather long on the Suki forums. I made that post because I was sick of the bias there and so I thought why not also bring this on here. Since I know there are some who are not happy with this character in the NT.

I like discussions, so please let us discuss while also maintaining respect for each other's views.

This thread is obviously about the character Mikoto Misaka, which isn't a surprise since shes up for NT13.

Now heres the post I made in Suki.

Loremaster wrote:Caution: I have just woken up, so please mind my horrible command of my native language.

I feel bored, so I'm going to defend Misaka here since why not. I don't know even why, since I'm more of a Princess Carissa and Birdway fan. But you know what, I don't dislike Misaka and I feel its right to be one of the few against the biased swath of people against the character on here. Since it would create a sense of proper discussion and not one sided chatter.

We need a Princess Carissa manga... just saying.

Misaka is a 14 year old girl who gets easily embarrassed with the powers to fry the US army all at once... Hmm. Shes violent? All the level fives suffer some sort of mental issues down to the development of their powers and I'm pretty sure being an esper is basically committing brain damage on yourself.

With all these in mind are people really surprise that she can be violent at times? Even at moments of calm? She is a 14 year old girl with the powers of a god in literal sense, not in that world but lets be honest she may as well be if she was in real life.  The bias against Misaka is indeed rather staggering on these forums, which is in my mind totally unjustified. But you know what you guys are allowed your opinion and I'm not going to cry foul entirely.

But because she has become violent? She hasn't for the longest time shocked Touma repeatingly for his misunderstandings. Why did it return to NT7? Look she hadn't done it for a while before then or at least not as much. The progress is in the line she isn't doing it every time she sees him. That's development in a nut shell, but shes not a perfect character since you guys have to remember this series is done in a space of a few months. No one is going to suddenly do a 360 change to actions they done over and over. Specially for a character who is suffering brain damage for being a level five.

Not upped her wifu game? Hmm. I guess she has in a way, without being so blatant about it maybe people are overlooking it. Aren't husband and wife suppose to support the others actions unquestion or at least with a level of trust they don't always have to question the other?

She may not be the only one whos does this but allow me just support her side for this post.

"You don’t need a good reason to save a friend. If you want to save them, then save them. …I know someone who kept saying those stupid things even when he was driven to the brink of death, and he really did save over 10,000 people in the end. And that idiot that saved so many people is trying to save someone today like always. I know I can’t stop him. No matter how much I don’t want him to do anything dangerous, seeing him off with a push to the back is the sign of a good woman!"

This evidence of her support an actual quote from the character. She is willing to support him despite how dangerous his actions will be and while that could be seen as bad. Like you don't  want your possible lover to get hurt. You can't stop a man from doing what they have to do or deny there dreams for example. She understands that from the looks of it and is giving him the push from the back as a sign of support. +1 in wife material from me.

I'll admit I do seem a bit miffed about the sudden relationship change from NT7, but you can put it down as possible jealously. She is a 14 year old girl and has seen Touma with numerous other girls. My ex-gf chased me once before we even got together because I spoke to these girls in my classroom and she wasn't part of that classroom.  

I will give her the benefit of doubt because she admittingly doesn't know how express her feelings correctly. Which is understandable from a 14 year old girl, who gets embarrassed easily, who I think also hides her real self behind her  *high class lady* persona, powers of again lets be honest a god who can fry the entire US military and suffer actual brain damage specially since she is a level five.

Shes a highly emotional teenage who is in love and has US army frying powers. Give her a break, since sometimes seeing the bias on this forum seems to be only down to being against her because it seems cool to be one of the few against her large fan base.

I think she deserves a break specially after her actions in NT10. That's just me and now we will see her actions after that NT in 13. Lets see how this goes, but really she has only acted like a young teenager and lets be honest most teens are highly emotional wishy washy people. I was and I'm pretty sure 99% of you were also.

I could be wrong, she could be the worse character in the entire series. She could be fundamentally flawed, but I haven't seen a reason to think that way yet and if you know why she is a bad character then please point this out for me. Since this is suppose to be discussion and different opinions are what make discussions work. So the ball is in whoever wants to respond's court.
[Old] Misaka Imouto
[Old] Misaka Imouto
Level 2 Radio Noise

Back to top Go down