Inspired Original Fantasy RP The Games

Affiliated RPs (-18):

www.AbaddonCity.com (18+)

[SS] The Ballad of the Oddities

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [SS] The Ballad of the Oddities

Post  Oda Taichi on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:59 pm

Oda couldn't help but feel annoyed; it seems like he's one again misunderstood and above all they were obtuse about it. Maybe he wasn't clear enough, so he decided to make it obvious this time around.

"No, no no.. Firstly call me Taichi or Tai. I'm not so bothered about first names. But importantly you guys aren't getting it. Look Judgement life isn't all fun and games, you get these annoying chores you know, and a lot of the other students treat you like trash because you're part of some authority. But here's the thing when something does come up, and an active case is ongoing. I can't so quickly bring you guys in by telling you what is happening! Do you get it know?" Oda said who seemed to be like someone barking the obvious. But when he was he seemed to notice Tsuru was sort of glum and so turned his attention to him.

"Is there something wrong buddy? You haven't been talkative when I been asking you questions? If you have an issue let me know and I'll try and help you with it. As you see everyone the difference is that Judgement members are community volunteers we are here to help. But we've been trained to do it, but you guys haven't, and you may stumble causing yourselves harm. The only time you would all know is when you're a victim of said case. And nothing is stopping that victim from sharing it with others. " Oda said who looked slyly like towards Kita.

"Don't you get it now? I'm the only one restrained here." Oda said making that last point clearly.
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [SS] The Ballad of Oddities

Post  Kita Tsukiko on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:58 am

Kita saw as Minako interjected and Tsuru was simply listening, but she quickly refocused her attention on Oda as he spoke. Every word caused her blood to simmer and simmer until she heard him say "Don't you get it now? I'm the only one restrained here." Her heart skipped a beat and she fell silent, putting her face in her right hand and tucking her left arm underneath in order to try and focus. However, the more she thought, the more annoyed she became.

"I simply refuse to believe that I suffered through that crap in order to come back to you and hear you talk about how people who aren't Judgement can't do anything about it." She brought her head back up and crossed her arms. "This isn't about your job description or the chores that you have to take on or any of that. This is about the fact that I have a stake in this now, and I know you know I do, and excuses like 'This person trained to do this' shouldn't keep me, or even these two, from helping in a situation that people, including myself, are becoming directly involved in." 

Kita took a deep breath, tried to collect herself after letting off some steam. If she kept getting impatient with people, she would quickly not be going anywhere. So, in a slightly calmer, but still stern and irritated tone, she continued. "I know I one hundred percent got myself into this situation, but that in and of itself is the reason I am continuing. I need to find out what the hell is going on and, one way or another, I will. So, I can either help you with this situation that I'm willing to bet that we are in together, or you can keep looking at me coyly as I try to figure this out myself." She uncrossed her arms and turned off the phone, putting it back in her pocket before turning her attention back to the Judgement boy. "So, what's it going to be, Taichi?"
Kita Tsukiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakusho Tsuru on Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:12 pm

Tsuru is doubly caught off guard, first by Minako saying that he'd be happy to help, and then by Oda randomly turning to him mid argument. Not getting involved is clearly harder than it seems when the opponent is a KY-senpai. Stuttering, Tsuru forces out a response. "Ah, n... No. I, I just...
Don't have a... Anything to say..."

It is hard to tell whether it's just his normal meek speech, or if his stuttering is amplified by the intimidation of Oda's obvious irritation. Regardless, to anyone unfamiliar with Tsuru's personality, it would certainly appear the latter.

Still, something in the boy is bothered by this arguing. He doesn't really get what's going on, but... "A... Ano... I, I don't really... get what's going on... But..."

Tsuru continues to stutter as he attempts to interject.

"K... I mean, O... Oda-senpai... I... Isn't he saying all this b... Because he's he doesn't want... Us to get hurt? J... Judgement e... exists f... for a reason, so... I... I g... guess what I'm trying to say is... Th... There's no... reason to fight?"
Hakusho Tsuru
Level 1 Kami Kami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuramoto Minako on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:04 pm

Minako knew it was a long shot, but still at Oda's claim that he couldn't tell them what was going on. She felt her self confidence take a hit and deflate, her body mirrored this with her hand falling gently to the table. Her head hung slightly in shame and her shoulders hunched forward. But at least he was paying attention to Hakusho-kun, right? That made her sigh, and reach for another dumpling. As she chewed thoughtfully, she caught the tail end of what Oda said. He was the only one restrained? Mina's eyes flashed at the realization as to what he was implying, she quickly straightened her posture. Before she could finish chewing and act upon that comment, Kita had alread launched into her heated argument.

Minako flinched at the anger in Kita's voice. So her hunch was right, somehow Kita was involved in the situation at foot. Mina swallowed the dumpling quickly, before she wouldn't get a chance to respond. "Neither of us know... whats going on Hokusho-kun..." Mita said softly, as she crossed her arms mirroring Kita's former posture. "However... Judgement-sam...er I mean Taichi-sama..." Mina correcter herself quickly. "He... is bound by Judgement Law. A non-disclosure agreement of sorts." Minako put a delicate index finger to her chin as she finished her thought aloud. "So therefore... He can't tell us what is going on... but he can tell Kita... who can tell us." A small smile played at the corners of her mouth. It was a loophole, but one that they could... well for a lack of a better term... exploit.

Minako placed both hands into her laps as she leaned forward towards Kita "So... what happened... to you?" Her voice was full of genuine concern, and a hint of curiousity.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi on Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:53 pm

Oda Taichi's eyebrows were twitching, the anger levels he was experiencing was far higher than previously and it seemed he was going to snap. The very least the only thing that did were the chopsticks Oda was previously using had been snapped in half by his left hand before calming down.

"Tsuru is right, there is no need to fight here. Though despite being a stubborn girl you clearly have some problem we need to address." Oda said with a restrained glare it seems his outspoken ways remain. " You allude to a problem Senpai, but I can't do anything about it until you tell me what is wrong. Seriously think back about what you said to me and remember one moment you mentioned what the issue was?" Oda said who wasn't the brightest bulb in the bunch, but the very least he was going to follow the rules.

"Don't worry about them, you're with me now. As a member of Judgement, I require a statement from you about what happened. So tell me in detail about everything."
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Tsukiko on Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:52 am

Kita felt Oda's anger as his eyebrows twitched. He sat there before snapping his chopsticks in half and attempting to calm himself. "Tsuru is right, there is no need to fight here. Though, despite being a stubborn girl you clearly have some problem we need to address." He glared at her as one of his words continued to cut deep. "Stubborn..." she thought as he continued. "You allude to a problem Senpai, but I can't do anything about it until you tell me what is wrong. Seriously think back about what you said to me and remember one moment you mentioned what the issue was? Don't worry about them, you're with me now. As a member of Judgement, I require a statement from you about what happened. So tell me in detail about everything."

Between Oda's statement and Minako's question, Kita knew that she had to spill her guts. But, she wasn't going out on a whimper, if Oda was going to have an attitude with her like this. So, with equally angry eyes, Kita replied. "Well, I thought you would be smart enough to figure it out yourself, between my hint and your little clue, but I apparently have to spell it out for you, Taichi." She took a deep breath, preparing to speak for quite a bit, before starting.

"Short version: When you left, I got curious so I followed you." She raised an eyebrow, still staring down the Judgement boy as she continued. "I'm sure you picked up on that. The long story, however, is that I followed you until I saw you prop yourself against a tree, almost like you were gasping for air, before dealing with two girls that were going at it. After you left them, I decided to do a bit of investigating myself and so I talked to them. They told me about the warnings you gave them and they told me about the station they listened to that caused them to go at it. As they told me, in a rather creepy way may I add, they offered me the music player and while I shouldn't have...I may have given it a listen." She finally turned her eyes away from Oda and looked slightly at the ground, trying to remember what the song sounded like despite her previously desperate need to forget.

"What I heard was first soft, melodic music. But...her voice quickly took over. It called to me and no matter how much I wanted to stop listening, I couldn't. Every second I listened, my anger grew and my thoughts became chaotic." She put two fingers to her temple, feeling slightly disoriented from just remembering. "I felt like I was losing my mind, until those very same girls knocked me out of whatever 'trance' I was in. Even still, it took a bit for me to come back." Finishing her story, Kita looked back up at Oda, pained and angry that she had to recreate the story in detail. "So, there. You have your goddamn statement. I'm sure that I'm gonna get a lecture on how I shouldn't have followed you, but to be blunt I'm already bored of your lectures. Right now, I just want to find out what is behind this music and make sure that it's brought to light. Not just for my sanity, but for everyone's."
Kita Tsukiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakusho Tsuru on Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Tsuru started to wish he hadn't said anything... Well, things probably would have progressed in this direction even if he'd kept his mouth shut...

"Senpai... If you're trying to not fight, you shouldn't call a girl stubborn..." Tsuru thought aloud, before realizing he'd actually said it out loud. He instantly looked away and closed his mouth, hoping that the ongoing discussion would distract from his criticism. As far as he was concerned, he had no right to say anything... The weak never do, after all. It wasn't like he'd spoken particularly loudly, anyways, and the involved parties had other things to focus on.

By other things, of course, he meant Kita's story.

Note to self, thought Tsuru, do not listen to music ever again.

That aside, he just hoped that he wouldn't be dragged into this whole 'finding what's behind this music' thing. Someone as weak as Tsuru couldn't possibly help, anyways.
Hakusho Tsuru
Level 1 Kami Kami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuramoto Minako on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:47 pm

Minako's mind shut off after she heard the words 'stubborn girl.' Was he really refering to her? Was she really being stubborn? She gently chewed upon her bottom lip nervously. Perhaps she had been a bit too... forceful. She hoped she wouldn't get slapped with an obstruction of justice charge. Almost as rapidly as her mind was flying, she heard the last of Oda-sama's words. Perhaps she wasn't the stubborn one after all?

Mina's lip lightly popped out of her mouth, as she flinched from the venom in Tsukiko-san's first few words. Someone should really show her the dynamics of the appropriate way to talk to people in authoritative positions. Then again, she didn't want a fight with Kita either. Something about the red haired girl... slightly scared her. She listened meticulously, analyzing every aspect of Kita's statement of what had really happened. Listening to this mysterious music had increased her anger levels exponentially, not to mention the fact that she had seemed to lose her grip on reality.

Minako couldn't help it, as she leaned back into her chair, wrapping both arms around her slender stomach. Suddenly she felt cold, but not from the weather. It was chill deep inside of her bones, in her soul. Something sinister seemed to be going on, and somehow this group got wrapped up in it. Not just them, but other innocent people. Mina's eyes blazed with a righteous anger, someone was hurting people. That was never good. Were they doing this on purpose? Another shudder rippled through the pale girl.

As Tsuru spoke, Minako couldn't help the smile that came onto her face. "A wise observation, Hakusho-kun. Calling girls stubborn can lead to all sorts of trouble." She smiled reassuringly at him. She wasn't making fun of him, she just liked the innocence that radiated off of him. It was comforting to her.

"Unfortunately, something tells me that what Tsukiko-san experienced... it isn't... going to just go away... if we ask." Mina's hands folded back into her lap, as she looked up at the sky. Such a normal day, but everything seemed to be abnormal about their conversation. Fighting may be the only way to resolve it, Minako thought to herself. Sometimes fighting was a necessary evil, to protect the ones you love.

"Tsukiko-san. I... know..." Mina stammered softly. "I know this is... difficult... but um... do you... remember what the... voice sounded like? Boy? Girl? Older? Younger?" Minako felt a small blush grace her face. "It... it might... help narrow down... who it could... be. Judgement does have... records... of people and their... talents... right?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi on Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:03 pm

Oda just sat there somewhat surprised how things suddenly developed. He honestly expected this to go nowhere and it's not like he had planned this from the beginning. Being here right now he was actually supposed to be patrolling right now. Though he could always round up the usual suspects as a warning late if anything does happen.

And suddenly without even feeling it at first, he began to smile. "Ahhhh thank god!" Oda said attempting to defuse the pointless tension created by arbitrary rules. Though what stopped him from further speaking out was how Kita described what she felt in that moment. "Chaotic... huh" Oda said to himself before standing up.

"Right then, it seems I owe you all an explanation." Oda said who started to lead the others away from the Raman stand to show them something. And all along someone was watching them very carefully. And to be honest she had felt annoyed about what was happening, that boy had been interfering with her desire to hold a little fanfare for the past few days.

"jeez.. why is he always trying to spoil my fun. Let's see how Judgment-san likes it."

Chapter 2
And so the search for the tickets begin.

Starting from the very beginning seemed like the best place to start and Oda was infamously not going to miss any subtle details. He had taken the group back to the very same place he met them originally. It was like somebody had hit the rewind button on this little shindig and it only stopped the moment Oda slammed his hand again the broken vending machine.

"This everyone is where it had all began." Oda announced as he looks somewhat excited. Though his expression changed from a small child visiting a theme park to one who just looks disappointed. "Though it only started out as what I thought was a simple vending machine robbery. Though it seemed like someone just took their anger out on the machine. As normally when you hit these things as hard as I did the alarm goes off. And thankfully it seems the machine didn't react this time." Oda said who sighed with relief after realising what he had done.

"But the point was the first moment I found out about this very enchanting music was that day. And I found a phone on the floor when I was first exposed to the music. I'll be honest here my history with anger is a bit of a hot issue and I'm trying to keep it under control. But I've realised the more you exposed to the music, the more effective it is on you. So while you guys will be causing me a lot of paperwork, later on, it seems that to actually get anywhere I do need your help. Everyone..." Oda said bowing humbly before continuing.

"This isn't the most straight forward judgement case. Beyond you lot and I, only one other person knows what is going on. So using Judgement resources isn't so easy at this point. We're dealing with a girl who seems to be crying out for help if you ask me and I intend to help her despite how bloody annoying her power seems to be at the moment. I mean haven't you guys heard the rumour? About the
secret concert?"
Oda said testing how far this rumour has spread
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Tsukiko on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:20 am

Despite her last words, Kita was ready to keep fighting with Oda. However, when a smile crept across and he beckoned them along, things started to feel a little unreal for her. Her face again became neutral and the heat of the fight faded as the sudden change of heart led to Oda leading the group back to the vending machine where they all met. Where Kita decided to have her...fun.

As they arrived, Oda slammed against the vending machine and started to explain everything. Kita paid attention to every detail, especially when he brought up the phone and the music, which, while brief, seemed to match what she heard when she started to go down the rabbit hole. At the end, when Oda admitted that he couldn't rely on Judgement sources, he also asked that faithful question. "I mean haven't you guys heard the rumour? About the secret concert?" She looked down and shook her head, remembering how the girls had asked that exact same question to her in unison. "That's the second time I've heard that question and it's already too many times." Tossing the details around in her head, her curiosity bubbled up again, as she looked at Oda. "So, I have two questions, Taichi." 

She crossed her arms and started to pace, occasionally looking up at the sky as she tried to get her thoughts organized. "Firstly, you mention one other person who could know about the music and a girl who is, and I quote, 'crying out for help'. Who is this other person and what do you know of girl? Secondly, you mentioned a phone that you saw when you were first investigating this vending machine. Would you happen to have it with you or did you discard it before we originally met?" She stopped pacing and looked at Oda as she asked this. "It could have some important information, either on the people you described or a lead. The starting breadcrumbs of any sort of trail we can find. I figured, and I'm sure you did too, that those two would be good places to start."
Kita Tsukiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakusho Tsuru on Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:25 pm

Tsuru stared at the vending machine, wondering why he was here. "Eto.... Why am I here,
again...?"
he asks quietly, but doubts he'll get a response. Seriously, who in their right mind would actively try to involve a middle schooler in this? Especially one as weak as Tsuru! It's not like he can help! In fact, if anything, he'll probably just get hurt and cause a lot of problems for everyone involved!

However, operating under the assumption that his request to be left out of this nonsense will be summarily rejected, Tsuru does properly listen to KY-Senpai's story.

Ano... As someone who... Hasn't heard about... This secret concert... Could... You please...
Explain it...?"

With the other girl already biting into Oda's story, Tsuru doesn't want to ask anything too complicated...
Hakusho Tsuru
Level 1 Kami Kami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum