Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[SS] The Ballad of the Oddities

4 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[SS] The Ballad of the Oddities - Page 3 Empty Re: [SS] The Ballad of the Oddities

Post  Oda Taichi Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:59 pm

Oda couldn't help but feel annoyed; it seems like he's one again misunderstood and above all they were obtuse about it. Maybe he wasn't clear enough, so he decided to make it obvious this time around.

"No, no no.. Firstly call me Taichi or Tai. I'm not so bothered about first names. But importantly you guys aren't getting it. Look Judgement life isn't all fun and games, you get these annoying chores you know, and a lot of the other students treat you like trash because you're part of some authority. But here's the thing when something does come up, and an active case is ongoing. I can't so quickly bring you guys in by telling you what is happening! Do you get it know?" Oda said who seemed to be like someone barking the obvious. But when he was he seemed to notice Tsuru was sort of glum and so turned his attention to him.

"Is there something wrong buddy? You haven't been talkative when I been asking you questions? If you have an issue let me know and I'll try and help you with it. As you see everyone the difference is that Judgement members are community volunteers we are here to help. But we've been trained to do it, but you guys haven't, and you may stumble causing yourselves harm. The only time you would all know is when you're a victim of said case. And nothing is stopping that victim from sharing it with others. " Oda said who looked slyly like towards Kita.

"Don't you get it now? I'm the only one restrained here." Oda said making that last point clearly.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

[SS] The Ballad of the Oddities - Page 3 Empty Re: [SS] The Ballad of Oddities

Post  Kita Tsukiko Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:58 am

Kita saw as Minako interjected and Tsuru was simply listening, but she quickly refocused her attention on Oda as he spoke. Every word caused her blood to simmer and simmer until she heard him say "Don't you get it now? I'm the only one restrained here." Her heart skipped a beat and she fell silent, putting her face in her right hand and tucking her left arm underneath in order to try and focus. However, the more she thought, the more annoyed she became.

"I simply refuse to believe that I suffered through that crap in order to come back to you and hear you talk about how people who aren't Judgement can't do anything about it." She brought her head back up and crossed her arms. "This isn't about your job description or the chores that you have to take on or any of that. This is about the fact that I have a stake in this now, and I know you know I do, and excuses like 'This person trained to do this' shouldn't keep me, or even these two, from helping in a situation that people, including myself, are becoming directly involved in." 

Kita took a deep breath, tried to collect herself after letting off some steam. If she kept getting impatient with people, she would quickly not be going anywhere. So, in a slightly calmer, but still stern and irritated tone, she continued. "I know I one hundred percent got myself into this situation, but that in and of itself is the reason I am continuing. I need to find out what the hell is going on and, one way or another, I will. So, I can either help you with this situation that I'm willing to bet that we are in together, or you can keep looking at me coyly as I try to figure this out myself." She uncrossed her arms and turned off the phone, putting it back in her pocket before turning her attention back to the Judgement boy. "So, what's it going to be, Taichi?"
Kita Tsukiko
Kita Tsukiko
Level 2 Jamais Vu

Back to top Go down

[SS] The Ballad of the Oddities - Page 3 Empty Re: [SS] The Ballad of the Oddities

Post  Hakusho Tsuru Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:12 pm

Tsuru is doubly caught off guard, first by Minako saying that he'd be happy to help, and then by Oda randomly turning to him mid argument. Not getting involved is clearly harder than it seems when the opponent is a KY-senpai. Stuttering, Tsuru forces out a response. "Ah, n... No. I, I just...
Don't have a... Anything to say..."

It is hard to tell whether it's just his normal meek speech, or if his stuttering is amplified by the intimidation of Oda's obvious irritation. Regardless, to anyone unfamiliar with Tsuru's personality, it would certainly appear the latter.

Still, something in the boy is bothered by this arguing. He doesn't really get what's going on, but... "A... Ano... I, I don't really... get what's going on... But..."

Tsuru continues to stutter as he attempts to interject.

"K... I mean, O... Oda-senpai... I... Isn't he saying all this b... Because he's he doesn't want... Us to get hurt? J... Judgement e... exists f... for a reason, so... I... I g... guess what I'm trying to say is... Th... There's no... reason to fight?"
Hakusho Tsuru
Hakusho Tsuru
Level 1 Kami Kami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuramoto Minako Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:04 pm

Minako knew it was a long shot, but still at Oda's claim that he couldn't tell them what was going on. She felt her self confidence take a hit and deflate, her body mirrored this with her hand falling gently to the table. Her head hung slightly in shame and her shoulders hunched forward. But at least he was paying attention to Hakusho-kun, right? That made her sigh, and reach for another dumpling. As she chewed thoughtfully, she caught the tail end of what Oda said. He was the only one restrained? Mina's eyes flashed at the realization as to what he was implying, she quickly straightened her posture. Before she could finish chewing and act upon that comment, Kita had alread launched into her heated argument.

Minako flinched at the anger in Kita's voice. So her hunch was right, somehow Kita was involved in the situation at foot. Mina swallowed the dumpling quickly, before she wouldn't get a chance to respond. "Neither of us know... whats going on Hokusho-kun..." Mita said softly, as she crossed her arms mirroring Kita's former posture. "However... Judgement-sam...er I mean Taichi-sama..." Mina correcter herself quickly. "He... is bound by Judgement Law. A non-disclosure agreement of sorts." Minako put a delicate index finger to her chin as she finished her thought aloud. "So therefore... He can't tell us what is going on... but he can tell Kita... who can tell us." A small smile played at the corners of her mouth. It was a loophole, but one that they could... well for a lack of a better term... exploit.

Minako placed both hands into her laps as she leaned forward towards Kita "So... what happened... to you?" Her voice was full of genuine concern, and a hint of curiousity.

Level 3 Telekinetics

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:53 pm

Oda Taichi's eyebrows were twitching, the anger levels he was experiencing was far higher than previously and it seemed he was going to snap. The very least the only thing that did were the chopsticks Oda was previously using had been snapped in half by his left hand before calming down.

"Tsuru is right, there is no need to fight here. Though despite being a stubborn girl you clearly have some problem we need to address." Oda said with a restrained glare it seems his outspoken ways remain. " You allude to a problem Senpai, but I can't do anything about it until you tell me what is wrong. Seriously think back about what you said to me and remember one moment you mentioned what the issue was?" Oda said who wasn't the brightest bulb in the bunch, but the very least he was going to follow the rules.

"Don't worry about them, you're with me now. As a member of Judgement, I require a statement from you about what happened. So tell me in detail about everything."
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Tsukiko Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:52 am

Kita felt Oda's anger as his eyebrows twitched. He sat there before snapping his chopsticks in half and attempting to calm himself. "Tsuru is right, there is no need to fight here. Though, despite being a stubborn girl you clearly have some problem we need to address." He glared at her as one of his words continued to cut deep. "Stubborn..." she thought as he continued. "You allude to a problem Senpai, but I can't do anything about it until you tell me what is wrong. Seriously think back about what you said to me and remember one moment you mentioned what the issue was? Don't worry about them, you're with me now. As a member of Judgement, I require a statement from you about what happened. So tell me in detail about everything."

Between Oda's statement and Minako's question, Kita knew that she had to spill her guts. But, she wasn't going out on a whimper, if Oda was going to have an attitude with her like this. So, with equally angry eyes, Kita replied. "Well, I thought you would be smart enough to figure it out yourself, between my hint and your little clue, but I apparently have to spell it out for you, Taichi." She took a deep breath, preparing to speak for quite a bit, before starting.

"Short version: When you left, I got curious so I followed you." She raised an eyebrow, still staring down the Judgement boy as she continued. "I'm sure you picked up on that. The long story, however, is that I followed you until I saw you prop yourself against a tree, almost like you were gasping for air, before dealing with two girls that were going at it. After you left them, I decided to do a bit of investigating myself and so I talked to them. They told me about the warnings you gave them and they told me about the station they listened to that caused them to go at it. As they told me, in a rather creepy way may I add, they offered me the music player and while I shouldn't have...I may have given it a listen." She finally turned her eyes away from Oda and looked slightly at the ground, trying to remember what the song sounded like despite her previously desperate need to forget.

"What I heard was first soft, melodic music. But...her voice quickly took over. It called to me and no matter how much I wanted to stop listening, I couldn't. Every second I listened, my anger grew and my thoughts became chaotic." She put two fingers to her temple, feeling slightly disoriented from just remembering. "I felt like I was losing my mind, until those very same girls knocked me out of whatever 'trance' I was in. Even still, it took a bit for me to come back." Finishing her story, Kita looked back up at Oda, pained and angry that she had to recreate the story in detail. "So, there. You have your goddamn statement. I'm sure that I'm gonna get a lecture on how I shouldn't have followed you, but to be blunt I'm already bored of your lectures. Right now, I just want to find out what is behind this music and make sure that it's brought to light. Not just for my sanity, but for everyone's."
Kita Tsukiko
Kita Tsukiko
Level 2 Jamais Vu

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakusho Tsuru Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Tsuru started to wish he hadn't said anything... Well, things probably would have progressed in this direction even if he'd kept his mouth shut...

"Senpai... If you're trying to not fight, you shouldn't call a girl stubborn..." Tsuru thought aloud, before realizing he'd actually said it out loud. He instantly looked away and closed his mouth, hoping that the ongoing discussion would distract from his criticism. As far as he was concerned, he had no right to say anything... The weak never do, after all. It wasn't like he'd spoken particularly loudly, anyways, and the involved parties had other things to focus on.

By other things, of course, he meant Kita's story.

Note to self, thought Tsuru, do not listen to music ever again.

That aside, he just hoped that he wouldn't be dragged into this whole 'finding what's behind this music' thing. Someone as weak as Tsuru couldn't possibly help, anyways.
Hakusho Tsuru
Hakusho Tsuru
Level 1 Kami Kami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuramoto Minako Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:47 pm

Minako's mind shut off after she heard the words 'stubborn girl.' Was he really refering to her? Was she really being stubborn? She gently chewed upon her bottom lip nervously. Perhaps she had been a bit too... forceful. She hoped she wouldn't get slapped with an obstruction of justice charge. Almost as rapidly as her mind was flying, she heard the last of Oda-sama's words. Perhaps she wasn't the stubborn one after all?

Mina's lip lightly popped out of her mouth, as she flinched from the venom in Tsukiko-san's first few words. Someone should really show her the dynamics of the appropriate way to talk to people in authoritative positions. Then again, she didn't want a fight with Kita either. Something about the red haired girl... slightly scared her. She listened meticulously, analyzing every aspect of Kita's statement of what had really happened. Listening to this mysterious music had increased her anger levels exponentially, not to mention the fact that she had seemed to lose her grip on reality.

Minako couldn't help it, as she leaned back into her chair, wrapping both arms around her slender stomach. Suddenly she felt cold, but not from the weather. It was chill deep inside of her bones, in her soul. Something sinister seemed to be going on, and somehow this group got wrapped up in it. Not just them, but other innocent people. Mina's eyes blazed with a righteous anger, someone was hurting people. That was never good. Were they doing this on purpose? Another shudder rippled through the pale girl.

As Tsuru spoke, Minako couldn't help the smile that came onto her face. "A wise observation, Hakusho-kun. Calling girls stubborn can lead to all sorts of trouble." She smiled reassuringly at him. She wasn't making fun of him, she just liked the innocence that radiated off of him. It was comforting to her.

"Unfortunately, something tells me that what Tsukiko-san experienced... it isn't... going to just go away... if we ask." Mina's hands folded back into her lap, as she looked up at the sky. Such a normal day, but everything seemed to be abnormal about their conversation. Fighting may be the only way to resolve it, Minako thought to herself. Sometimes fighting was a necessary evil, to protect the ones you love.

"Tsukiko-san. I... know..." Mina stammered softly. "I know this is... difficult... but um... do you... remember what the... voice sounded like? Boy? Girl? Older? Younger?" Minako felt a small blush grace her face. "It... it might... help narrow down... who it could... be. Judgement does have... records... of people and their... talents... right?"

Level 3 Telekinetics

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:03 pm

Oda just sat there somewhat surprised how things suddenly developed. He honestly expected this to go nowhere and it's not like he had planned this from the beginning. Being here right now he was actually supposed to be patrolling right now. Though he could always round up the usual suspects as a warning late if anything does happen.

And suddenly without even feeling it at first, he began to smile. "Ahhhh thank god!" Oda said attempting to defuse the pointless tension created by arbitrary rules. Though what stopped him from further speaking out was how Kita described what she felt in that moment. "Chaotic... huh" Oda said to himself before standing up.

"Right then, it seems I owe you all an explanation." Oda said who started to lead the others away from the Raman stand to show them something. And all along someone was watching them very carefully. And to be honest she had felt annoyed about what was happening, that boy had been interfering with her desire to hold a little fanfare for the past few days.

"jeez.. why is he always trying to spoil my fun. Let's see how Judgment-san likes it."

Chapter 2
And so the search for the tickets begin.

Starting from the very beginning seemed like the best place to start and Oda was infamously not going to miss any subtle details. He had taken the group back to the very same place he met them originally. It was like somebody had hit the rewind button on this little shindig and it only stopped the moment Oda slammed his hand again the broken vending machine.

"This everyone is where it had all began." Oda announced as he looks somewhat excited. Though his expression changed from a small child visiting a theme park to one who just looks disappointed. "Though it only started out as what I thought was a simple vending machine robbery. Though it seemed like someone just took their anger out on the machine. As normally when you hit these things as hard as I did the alarm goes off. And thankfully it seems the machine didn't react this time." Oda said who sighed with relief after realising what he had done.

"But the point was the first moment I found out about this very enchanting music was that day. And I found a phone on the floor when I was first exposed to the music. I'll be honest here my history with anger is a bit of a hot issue and I'm trying to keep it under control. But I've realised the more you exposed to the music, the more effective it is on you. So while you guys will be causing me a lot of paperwork, later on, it seems that to actually get anywhere I do need your help. Everyone..." Oda said bowing humbly before continuing.

"This isn't the most straight forward judgement case. Beyond you lot and I, only one other person knows what is going on. So using Judgement resources isn't so easy at this point. We're dealing with a girl who seems to be crying out for help if you ask me and I intend to help her despite how bloody annoying her power seems to be at the moment. I mean haven't you guys heard the rumour? About the
secret concert?"
Oda said testing how far this rumour has spread
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Tsukiko Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:20 am

Despite her last words, Kita was ready to keep fighting with Oda. However, when a smile crept across and he beckoned them along, things started to feel a little unreal for her. Her face again became neutral and the heat of the fight faded as the sudden change of heart led to Oda leading the group back to the vending machine where they all met. Where Kita decided to have her...fun.

As they arrived, Oda slammed against the vending machine and started to explain everything. Kita paid attention to every detail, especially when he brought up the phone and the music, which, while brief, seemed to match what she heard when she started to go down the rabbit hole. At the end, when Oda admitted that he couldn't rely on Judgement sources, he also asked that faithful question. "I mean haven't you guys heard the rumour? About the secret concert?" She looked down and shook her head, remembering how the girls had asked that exact same question to her in unison. "That's the second time I've heard that question and it's already too many times." Tossing the details around in her head, her curiosity bubbled up again, as she looked at Oda. "So, I have two questions, Taichi." 

She crossed her arms and started to pace, occasionally looking up at the sky as she tried to get her thoughts organized. "Firstly, you mention one other person who could know about the music and a girl who is, and I quote, 'crying out for help'. Who is this other person and what do you know of girl? Secondly, you mentioned a phone that you saw when you were first investigating this vending machine. Would you happen to have it with you or did you discard it before we originally met?" She stopped pacing and looked at Oda as she asked this. "It could have some important information, either on the people you described or a lead. The starting breadcrumbs of any sort of trail we can find. I figured, and I'm sure you did too, that those two would be good places to start."
Kita Tsukiko
Kita Tsukiko
Level 2 Jamais Vu

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakusho Tsuru Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:25 pm

Tsuru stared at the vending machine, wondering why he was here. "Eto.... Why am I here,
again...?"
he asks quietly, but doubts he'll get a response. Seriously, who in their right mind would actively try to involve a middle schooler in this? Especially one as weak as Tsuru! It's not like he can help! In fact, if anything, he'll probably just get hurt and cause a lot of problems for everyone involved!

However, operating under the assumption that his request to be left out of this nonsense will be summarily rejected, Tsuru does properly listen to KY-Senpai's story.

Ano... As someone who... Hasn't heard about... This secret concert... Could... You please...
Explain it...?"

With the other girl already biting into Oda's story, Tsuru doesn't want to ask anything too complicated...
Hakusho Tsuru
Hakusho Tsuru
Level 1 Kami Kami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuramoto Minako Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:10 pm

Mina watched as the other three got up and started to leave, quickly she threw down a few yen to cover the costs of their order. She hurried after them, hoping she wouldn't lose the group in a crowd.

She was shocked to arrive back at the broken vending machine, the thing that seemed to have started it all. The wheel comes fill circle, her mother once told her. She flinched as Oda hit the vending machine. She expected alarms to engage, but luckily they didn't. With a sigh of relief she listened intently to Oda's explaination, and even Kita's questions. Silently she agreed with Kita, her logic was rather impressive. Perhaps the Judgement member had a bit more information than he was letting on.

Minako realized she had been entirely silent during this exchange, even during Tsuru's meek statements. "Well..." Mina's soft voice rang out "There... are rumors at... Tokiwadai..." Mina could recall quite clearly other girls talking about a secret concert, and how cool it would be to go. When she would enter the room, they would stop talking abruptly and giggle as she would pass by them. "All I know... is what you told us... but the rumors have reached far it seems." Minako's gaze fell to the ground, as she wondered what this all could possibly mean.

Level 3 Telekinetics

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:16 pm

Doing the right thing can be tricky, especially when it's by someone who himself didn't think he was anything but good. But what he knows is how to get things done, the former delinquent dressed in Judgement ideals had seen ruthless and nasty individuals. And looking at the case right now and all involved he didn't see any of them in his sights.

"We should forget about the phone, it belongs to a student who was only caught up in this mess." Oda said remembering he had to be a bit rough with that guy. "He managed to tell me after he calmed down was that he was contacted by someone who was interested in their 'text door neighbour'. Not entirely sure what that means, but apparently it's some social game where you contact the phone number with its last digit one numeral higher or lower than their own. Sounds silly if you ask me but that doesn't take the cake, it seems the phone that contacts our first victim to my knowledge used a 'Pay as you go' phone. Meaning it's a throwaway phone. So it's a dead end, and forget about the other person. That person was another judgement member who is looking in things on their end..." Oda had made it sound much worse than it is silently killed the two possible leads one after the other.

But the second person who knew about this was his Chief who he had reported to on that night. What their stance on this case was only for Oda to know and even for them it was important he only remains the face of this case. For them but also for the one beyond it all.

"But I'm the one in charge of this investigation and so any questions should remain with me." Oda was hiding something, but it was nothing serious it only meant he will have to fill out a lot of paperwork. Taking out his phone he played a voice recording on it...

"There exists a secret musical concert somewhere within the city. Apparently, it's supposed to be the greatest show you will ever experience! But the only way you're to get invited is by playing a particular radio station within the distance of a 'damaged' machine."

It was the voice of the student he had forcefully stopped that night, Oda managed to interview him afterwards which set him on this path. "My fellow Judgement member had figured out that many of those reported to be affected by this music has come from district seven and they also figured that to get there will be playing that station... 104.2 on the radio app.. near a damaged machine.. so.. " Oda said pulling out a large piece of paper from the inside of his jacket. It was folded so he opened it revealing a list with numerous items crossed out with just eight remaining to check.

" This here has been a list I've been working on, it details reported machines from vending machines to even cleaning robots that are broken needing repair. While it doesn't detail personal objects it's the best list I had access to for a possible lead." Oda said and while they couldn't see what hadn't been actually checked, but it was clear there was many of them crossed out. A quick glance would show over thirty items on the list in total meaning... Oda had exposed himself to the music many times and probably too much.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Tsukiko Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:44 am

Kita listened as Oda seemingly blew off both of her questions, which made her a little frustrated at first. But, she tried to refocus as she knew there were more important matters. As Kita listened, she thought about the music that she heard before and when he mentioned the specific radio station, she reached into her pocket, pulled out her phone, and opened the radio app that she had installed earlier. Looking at Oda, she held up her phone.

"Well, we're in district 7 next to a broken vending machine with a perfectly viable radio app in our hands. So, I see a few options, one of which I'm sure we both aren't going to like." She held up her other hand and extended her thumb. "Option A: we use the radio app and see what happens. I have headphones so only one of us will have to take the dive." She extended her index finger, mimicking the growing list. "Option B: we explore each item on your list, assuming you haven't already, and see what clues we can find at each spot." She extended her middle finger, as a third option came to mind. "Option C: we go back to the student you talked to before, ask about his 'text door neighbor' and about the person that contacted them about said neighbor.

She lowered her hand as she didn't have anything else. "I would say that option D would be that we contact people you have already been working with, but I'm sure having us with you on this case is a liability in and of itself so let's just stick with the first three options, seeing as those are really the only leads I can see from what you've told us. Ultimately though, since you know all of the current facts, I'd say that you would have the best idea on where to go from here." She glanced at the other two, a little concerned about one thing. "Personally, I would prefer not to go with Option A, although we might have to if nothing else comes up."

Last edited by Kita Tsukiko on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kita Tsukiko
Kita Tsukiko
Level 2 Jamais Vu

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakusho Tsuru Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:47 pm

His request to be given a reason for his presence ignored, as expected, Tsuru had no choice but to follow along with the investigation, whether he wanted to or not. The fact that he, of course, has a choice to just walk away and leave it aside never even crosses his mind. Despite his complaints, it seems that Tsuru is, in fact, willing to tag along.

Well, someone as weak as him won't matter either way. As long as he doesn't get in the way, it makes no difference whether he's there or not.

"A... Ah, excuse me..." Tsuru speaks up, trying to get the attention of the older students. "If... We're going to, test it on one of us, err.... I think... It should be me...
I'm weak, so... Even if I get affected, it won't matter... much?"

His logic makes some sense. Even if Tsuru were to become rage-filled as Kita described, what would it matter? His tiny body and weak arms couldn't hurt anyone, even if he tried.
Hakusho Tsuru
Hakusho Tsuru
Level 1 Kami Kami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuramoto Minako Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:32 am

As Oda explained the situation, Minako couldn't help but wrap her arms around her slender waist. This was all too surreal for her to take in. Yes she had always wanted friends that much seemed obvious, at least to her. Secretly though she always wanted an adventure, the thrill of danger and the adrenaline rush that accompanied it. However now that it was a very real possibility, the adrenaline wasn't kicking in. It seemed like a leaden weight of ice cold fear had settled inside of her stomach. No matter how warm it was outside, she shivered.

While obsessing inside of her own mind, and inner monologue of the events that had happened, and the dangers it could possess; Mina almost missed Kita's observations and ideas.

"Option A seems... like a good..." Mina faltered as Tsuru cut in.

He was martyring himself for this dangerous situation! Mina's arms fell from her waist, her hands clenching at her sides. No, not Tsuru. He was so small and innocent! Mina could feel the iciness within her rapidly begin to turn into a boiling hot zealous rage. Her face became flushed as she opened and closed her mouth a few times to protest. It didn't look like the others were going to protest! Finally she found her voice, and spoke a bit lounder than she intended.

"NO!"She exclaimed, quickly lowering her voice while looking around hoping that no one else had heard her outburst. "I will not... er I mean... we will not sacrifice you like that." Mina's eyes were locked upon Tsuru's. Mina's eyes trailed over to Kita, then Oda. "If it is as powerful as Tsukiko-san and Oda-san are saying it is... We don't know what would happen if you would get affected." Minako's gaze fell back onto Tsuru. "If you really think you are weak, your body may not survive what may happen." Slowly her voice fell to a whisper as the next words fell from her mouth. "Hakusho-kun, you are stronger than... you think... but you need to... give yourself time to grow more powerful." Mina tore her gaze away from the small boy, as she looked back to Oda and Kita.

"I agree, we should do option A, and if it fails we can revisit the drawing board. However... it won't be Hakusho-kun listening." Her deep blue eyes were hardened with resolve, her slender shoulders were squared up confidently, and her delicate jaw was steeled with stubbornness. " It will be me." Whatever it happened to Kita, it seemed to have scared her enough to not do it again. They needed Oda as Judgement to keep everything under control. And if Tsuru was right about being too weak, he could possibly get severely hurt! Mina was the only one who could do it. Although she was absolute in her answer, a small bloom of butterflies filled her stomach. This was crazy. This was dangerous. But most of all, it was stupid! Minako had never felt more alive.

Level 3 Telekinetics

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Tsukiko Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:42 pm

Kita listened to the two of them talk like martyrs and, feeling a little guilty, she put her hand up to stop the both of them. "Look, I'm not a huge fan of having either of you do it because not only did I suggest the idea, but I, and I'm assuming Taichi, have already been through this song and dance...no pun intended." Sighing, she turned to Oda. "I honestly think that if we are going to do option A at all, it has to be one of us and if you don't want to do it again, then I guess I will. I have the radio, I have the headphones, so I guess I'll take the dive." 

As she said those last words, she became a little terrified, still remembering how her previous attempt went. Yet, while she was by no means eager to do it again, she had to hide it and not just so she doesn't look like a coward. She felt like she had to be strong for the other two, who seemed to not have a whole lot of strength themselves. So, with as stern a look as she could muster, she put a hand on her headphones, which sat around her neck, and held up the phone, which was ready to play the station. "What's it going to be?"
Kita Tsukiko
Kita Tsukiko
Level 2 Jamais Vu

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakusho Tsuru Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:54 pm

"O- Okay..." Tsuru stammers, taken aback by Minako's outburst. He almost argues back, but she's right. There's no telling what could happen, and with his body as weak as it is... Really, the only part he could reasonably deny would be the last bit, that he is stronger than he thinks, and that he will get stronger with time.

"But... If you say that much... Then it shouldn't be you, either..." Minako wasn't involved, nor was Tsuru. They were just getting dragged into this without much say in the matter. If Tsuru wasn't going to be the sacrifice, neither was Minako.

Fortunately for the spineless boy who would back off as soon as Minako insisted, one of the people dragging them into this agreed with how he was thinking.
Hakusho Tsuru
Hakusho Tsuru
Level 1 Kami Kami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuramoto Minako Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:11 am

Minako's anger flared up at the moment Kita and Tusru had both denied her sacrifice. She had a point that she had the equipment right there. Dangling like a mouse in front of a cat. Mina had to resist the strong urge to take the items from Kita, by force if necessary. Judgement was present, and if she wanted to join she needed to adhere to the rules. Well at least Tsuru finally saw the logic in her plan, well at least the part that pertained to him anyway.

"No, I will do it." Mina reiterated, irritation slightly colored her voice. "Who knows... what effects will happen if you are over exposed. And even at quite recent intervals." Mina crossed her arms, to keep herself from taking the items that were just slightly out of reach.

"Besides, Oda-sama shouldn't do it. We will need him to summon judgement should things get too dangerous." Mina's eyes fell to the floor. Yes, she didn't really want to do it. But she had to. She just knew that if she didn't, something awful may happen to one of her friends. Her arms clenched around herself even tighter. She barely knew these people, and she already considered them friends? That thought was more frightening than listening to the radio app.

Level 3 Telekinetics

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:31 am

Oda was slightly bemused by the sudden disagreement that fell between his four fellows and he was even stunned as he listened to them. The judgement member was actually very speechless as he listened to them talk and actually was surprised by Minako's expressions that he felt it was required to interrupt the flow.

"Alright, there... it seems we had more support for Option A..." Oda had said suddenly taking out some headphones and placed them into his phone. He then seemingly not hesitated at any moment as he played the music through his phone exposing it to only him...

That sound, the music he has heard over and over for the past few days. He probably could repeat it word by word at this point but he avoided it for good reason. And for the others, they didn't see anger at first but seemingly a struggle as you see the Judgement dog had endured this many times and he theorised from experience each time you're exposed to it the stronger the urges...

Turning to the vending machine he leant against it, knowing this is one of the machines he hadn't tested yet. His left hand clenched in a fist, shaking with rage the boy surprisingly kept himself under control while trying to wait for something.

"GOD DAMMIT!" Oda smacked the vending machine, taking his headphones from his ears straight afterwards. "There is nothing... nothing happens other than bloody rage!" Oda angrily barked as he started pacing in front of the machine..."There must be something I'm missing.. something we're missing... the right machine but what... who... was the first..." Oda said who seemed to be calming down. The reason why he suddenly listened to the music to check this machine was not only to end the debate between the lot, but to show them all what they're getting themselves into.

"I need someone to.. find someone with me... and the other two can start going through this list here.. I suggest our lovely and kind Tokiwadai girl come with me. Since I may need that kindness to help reach out to this person." Oda said who continued while looking towards Kita and Tsuru. "I think its best that you two should go through the list and test them out. And quickly... the concert is apparently tonight, so we can't exactly dilly-dally on other options and Tsuru is pretty smart with his original suggestion. I'm sure you Kita will be well enough to keep him under control. But if you don't want to endure this what I just went through, don't force yourself. I will understand completely. It's not the best experience. " Oda said who seemed to have confidence in Tsuru's original thought about having himself to listen to the music instead. "You obviously thought it through and I respect that so have the confidence to stick with it." Oda said trying to be encouraging but knowing his luck he will probably be misunderstood.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Tsukiko Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:17 pm

With a mix of concern and annoyance, Kita watched as Oda proceeded to listen to the music again. After a while, she saw as his calm manner slowly turned to that of brooding rage as he clenched his fist before smacking it violently. She slightly recoiled from the loud crash, but regained her stature as he started to talk, which seemed to help him regain some of his nerve. As he turned to Tsuru and Kita, she quelled any wandering thoughts and focused on the incoming request. "I think its best that you two should go through the list and test them out. And quickly...the concert is apparently tonight, so we can't exactly dilly-dally on other options and Tsuru is pretty smart with his original suggestion. I'm sure you Kita will be well enough to keep him under control. But if you don't want to endure this what I just went through, don't force yourself. I will understand completely. It's not the best experience." 

After listening to his request, she turned to Tsuru, a bit worried, before looking back at Oda. It wasn't the thought of exposing herself to the music again that was the problem. She didn't want to be responsible for someone else while she was in the middle of this. "I'm fine with going through the list, I'm fine with not doing it alone, but I'm not fine with just throwing someone who hasn't been exposed to this in the line of fire." She turned Tsuru with a stern look. However, she couldn't hide all of her worry. "You've heard my story and you've seen Oda's reaction, and I'm willing to wager that this isn't his first time listening to it. If you come with me, I need to know that you are going to be ready for possibly giving this a listen for the first time, because it isn't going to be pleasant in the slightest."
Kita Tsukiko
Kita Tsukiko
Level 2 Jamais Vu

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuramoto Minako Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:36 am

As Oda started to speak, Minako's attention snapped back to him. Slowly, she uncrossed her arms and was ready to agree to whatever plan he saw fit. As long as it was one where she was the one listening to the...

Mina blinked twice, surprised as Oda popped the headphones onto his own head. For a moment she was stunned, but quickly she recovered. She opened her mouth to protest, she even caught herself reaching to snatch the headphones off of him. However her hand dropped to her side. Nervously she watched as Oda started to shake, it was like watching a bottle of soda that had been dropped. At first it was quiet and docile, until the reaction started. He shook and built up pressure until finally there was a violent release!

Minako jumped and slightly yelped as Oda smacked the machine, and yelled. As the tension almost visibly rolled off of the Judgement Member, Mina listened to his ramblings. She was slightly deep in thought when he addressed the plan. The group was going to split up. Did Oda just call her lovely and kind?! Mina felt herself blush as her gaze fell back to the floor. But that only lasted a moment when she realized that Kita and Tsuru were going to find the right machine and listen to the radio!!!

Minako opened and closed her mouth, trying to protest but no sound would come out. She was momentarily stunned into silence, as Kita rounded upon Tsuru. "Hakusho-kun... you don't... have to go." Mina's voice was soft and delicate, as she placed a hand gently onto the young boy's slender shoulder. "I could go... in your place... Perhaps... Oda-sama would be... okay with it..."

Mina didn't want Tsuru in danger because of her. She couldn't stand the thought of any of them in any form of pain or trouble! Whatever Tsuru decided, she would go with. With Kita and into the maw of danger (where the anger part of that word seemed dominant.) Or with Judgement-sama, and into the unknown in search of the first victim and learn where its origins came from.

Level 3 Telekinetics

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakusho Tsuru Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:48 pm

Tsuru pauses. Is it... Really okay for him to choose? He's so weak... So useless... No matter what he chooses... Wouldn't it be the wrong choice? But... KY-Senpai said that his idea was a good one...

The fact that exposing such a little kid to danger was probably not in line with Judgements code of ethics wasn't brought up by anyone.

Tsuru looked at Oda, who thought he should do it. He looked at Kita, who didn't want him to come unless he was sure he could handle it. He looked at Minako, who was willing to sacrifice herself so that he didn't have to.

Was that who he wanted to be? Someone who could do nothing but be protected? Even after all these failures, his inability to become stronger... He didn't want to give up on himself! Wasn't that why he continued to try, despite the uselessness of it all?

And this was something that, perhaps, only Tsuru could do. Only a weakling. Even Minako was definitely stronger than him- If it was Tsuru, even if he could not control his rage as Oda could... It would be easy to stop him without hurting him.

With an uncharacteristic solidity to his voice, Tsuru finally replied.

"I'll do it. No... Please, let me do it."
Hakusho Tsuru
Hakusho Tsuru
Level 1 Kami Kami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuramoto Minako Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:58 am

Minako's hand fell from Tsuru's shoulder, her deep blue eyes searched his for any sign of uncertainty. With a soft, yet sad, smile she nodded her head in agreement. For once, Tsuru seemed certain of himself, more confident. Hopefully she could learn some of that during this little adventure. Mina dug into her purse, producing a notepad and a pen. Quickly she wrote down her name and cell phone number, before giving it to both Kita and Tsuru.

"Alright... But please... be careful... both of you..." The young maiden put the items back into her bag, and crossed her arms. "Call me... if you need help..." Minako stepped back and looked up to Oda. "We... better go..." Her voice was soft, yet determined. If Tsuru and Kita were willing to brave their futures, then so was she!

Or, at least she hoped she was...

She stood silently by Oda's side, awaiting directions and commands. She would do her best, she just had to!

Level 3 Telekinetics

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:34 am

Oda looked disappointed and not with the others but more with himself. You see he wanted to protect them, but he realised he needs to rely on them to get this done. He wasn't very happy with getting them involved and highly annoyed he couldn't do it himself.

But the reality is that the dog had reached his limits.

"...I..." Oda hesitated for a moment, feeling humbled. "Honestly I didn't expect that response from Tsuru. I had only put on the headphones again to check not only the machine but to also to show you the dangers up front. Though maybe not the best decision as you see... How can I explain this..." Oda thought trying to figure the best way to word how he would explain it. "The symptoms which the music causes have a stronger effect on you depending how many times you've listened to it. So every time I hear that music, it gets harder for me to resist and almost then it felt like I almost lost it. And so for the safety of everyone else, it's best I don't continue listening to it. It's also why I think Tsuru here will be the best candidate. But I also wanted to make it clear this is just a choice..." Oda explained as he knelt down to Tsuru's level out of respect showing a warm smile.

"As it's not right for me as a Judgement member to endanger you, since this isn't going to be easy and despite that, you dare to still say yes... thank you. I promise you that I'll do everything in my power to keep you all safe. So.." Oda said thinking for a moment he pulled something from his waist. It was some high tech pager, which he then offered it to Tsuru.

"This has my phone number in it. If you get into trouble ping my phone and I'll come running." Oda explained who also held the list in his other hand ready to offer it. "The next broken machine to check out will be in the Underground mall near here." Oda pointed out.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum