Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[SNPC/Esper] Laetitia Florentine

2 posters

Go down

[SNPC/Esper] Laetitia Florentine Empty [SNPC/Esper] Laetitia Florentine

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:12 am

[SNPC/Esper] Laetitia Florentine 248124Faceclaim

FULL NAME: Laetitia Florentine (レティシア・フロレンティーン)

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Laetitia has shoulder-length hair tied in buns with two strands of hair let loose and has pale blue eyes.

INFORMATION: Laetitia is an egocentric girl, a Japanese quarter-blood who was sent into Academy City as an elementary student by her family. Originally having a dislike for Japan due to common stereotypes of her other origins, she soon got around at getting used to the country despite not holding any kind of affection for it. She has a passion for swimming and water-related sports, but doesn't have any friends even in her swimming club due to her attitude.

Being at first powerless, she worked her way through developing an ability out of frustration of not having her expectations being met, earning her a Hydrokinetic ability in her second year of middle school. By the time of her second year in high-school, she achieved Level 4.

Despite what her attitude and the fact that she doesn't really like ability-less persons shows, she can be a really nice and caring person. She can have extreme ways of getting a job done when it's needed, though.

ABILITIES: Level 4 Hydrokinesis,

Her ability allows her to control any body of water and shape it to her liking. Though, she usually uses a whip made out of water she keeps nearby in a container, as constructions too massive would weaken its actual power and make it harder to control. By extension, she can also control waves to a certain degree when in a body of water.

She can also encapsulate objects or a person's head into a water bubble to make them suffocate and drown. Though she will usually use it to knock out someone instead of killing them.

Hydrokinesis can also limitedly control the density of water by controlling the molecules to make it solid. From that, she can harden and enhance her own body for approximatively two minutes by collecting and manipulating water pressure within it. She generally avoids using it too much as it is pretty exhausting if used repeatedly.

FACE CLAIM: Mitsumine Kaede – Homemaid Sweets

Original Character by Hujisaka Natsumi (Hisakawa Miyako).

Last edited by Misaka Mikoto on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:00 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Completely rewritten.)
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

[SNPC/Esper] Laetitia Florentine Empty Re: [SNPC/Esper] Laetitia Florentine

Post  [Old] Index Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:50 am

Hi it's Index here.

Just going to run this through with you briefly to try to make some sense of the story you've posted so far.

Being Quarter Japanese = Imprisonment in Japan?
I don't quite follow the logical reasoning behind her family deciding that she can't leave Japan all because she is quarter Japanese? I've never been to France so I don't know for certain but does the authority in France have some sort of a national racism towards Japanese people in general? What was the general reason behind her parents excommunicating her to Japan in the first place? If they moved with her what was the reason behind them for moving to a less luxurious country? I could be wrong but last I visited Japan, it seemed plenty luxurious if you know where to go so... yeah I'm abit curious of the whys and hows involved with the whole move from France to Japan.

Supernatural = Beauty/Power/Influence...
Mmm does it? lol. I thought majority of those three things could be attained through the power of money.

Money = Plastic Surgery Dr.90210
Money = Hire someone with power
Money = Boss politicians around

Money solves more or less everything and it looks like she's a very rich girl so I want to know if there's another reason you can think of that might get her interested in becoming an Esper instead of what you've listed down already.

Her power is Hydrokinesis
Ok. But why? It's important to note that Personal Reality is something you end up developing from a slightly twisted sense of reality that's unique to you alone. Course the younger you are the better your chances of developing this since you don't have the kind of common sense that adults have and therefore you never assume things, rather your mind is a blank slate where your imagination can carve out what counts as real and what doesn't whereas adults have their sense of reality set in stone, listing out what general laws applies to the physics of the world around them.

Hence I have to ask, why hydrokinesis? Maybe it's worth looking into her past again and see if you can bring this story into her background.

Level 0
If she's a lv 0 how does she come into realization that her ability is Hydrokinesis? Again I think there's room for you to elaborate things here abit.

Family = "Normal is good Laetitia!"
I noticed her family sent her to A Certain Highschool to spite her and to ultimately surround her with normal people. There's abit of a contradiction playing here since Academy City is a place filled with Espers, people who wouldn't exactly be classified as Normal to begin with. While it's true that a 10 year old made that decision to go there, I'm sure it's not a 10 year old who gets to decide whether she gets to go to school there or not (most of the time it's a parent who decide these things).

She's in Highschool now but still dislikes Lv0 in spite of being one herself? Wouldn't she prefer the school over going to a school filled with Lv4 Espers? I don't know about you but I think I would end up hating myself to the point of suicide if I was the only Lv0 in a school filled with prestigious Lv4s. I think she would be happier to go to school where she fits in (even if she does have a bit of a huge ego). This is just my personal opinion though. It's her personality that seems contradicting a bit.

Last paragraph... huh?
I read over it but didn't really understand. So she participated in a experiment where lots of Child Errors got killed and felt they deserved to die? What happened to the experiment? Or what was the whole experiment about? I could be horribly wrong but if this is how you intended on giving her a ability then I think I have to remind you that Esper's ability goes hand in hand with Personal Reality. My guess is that she was kind of injected with a artificial ability. Like how Saten gained an ability through Level Upper but Laetitia somehow managed to get one permanently with no side effects suffered by users of Level Upper.

Truth be told I don't think it would work mainly because injecting a Personal Reality into a person is almost like wiping the subject's own self consciousness and replacing it with someone else's. Comparatively it would be like opening her skull and taking out her brain to replace it with someone else's. Personal Reality isn't something that can readily be taken out and injected into someone else. Only person that was capable of such feat was Kiyama Harumi and she was a scientist whose been researching this for years.

Well that's it for now. I'll have Guy decide if the abilities fly or not.

I'm abit concerned about the Level 4 part especially since this is ability gained through a forced means instead of following through Power Curriculum. Even if it did somehow succeed I think it would be about as successful as pulling Saten-san from Level 0 to Level 1.

Food for thought Guy-sensei?
[Old] Index
[Old] Index
Dedicatus545

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:54 am

My bad, I have poor expressing skills.

Before all, I would want to mention that Laetitia was made specifically for a certain plot idea I had, Guy should be aware of this (...well not right now but you still get my point nonetheless, haha). Thus it may explain multiple points of her profile that I couldn't explain.

Edit

Following your advice, Index, I have rewritten her history section at the best of my abilities, also providing her an affinity for water-oriented sports as to somehow give a 'base idea' of why Hydrokinesis as you requested.

While I did plan on her being the opposite of Natsumi, thus being the reason of her Level 4, should there be any problems with her Level, it shall be subject to change to Level 3 (I would still prefer Level 4 but I'm willing for the change if needed).

By the fact that I have ended up taking your advice in account, I judge that my answers to your points are now useless.

...I should also try to get a better hang on wording.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:58 am

Thinking about it: While I have introduced her as an SNPC, I had originally planned on her being a one-arc only character. Slight mistake on my part.

Though now that I introduced her as an SNPC, should she get approved: I will use her in any side-stories that needs a power/character similar to hers as I currently don't have any other plot ideas involving her.

Modifications were done, so feel free to tell me if you have anything else wrong with her, Index.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down