Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Aoki Aiko Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:54 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

Who are your favourite characters?

+2
Vanni
Accelerator
6 posters

Go down

Who are your favourite characters?

Who are your favourite characters? I_vote_lcap5%Who are your favourite characters? I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Who are your favourite characters? I_vote_lcap22%Who are your favourite characters? I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 8 ]
Who are your favourite characters? I_vote_lcap3%Who are your favourite characters? I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Who are your favourite characters? I_vote_lcap14%Who are your favourite characters? I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
Who are your favourite characters? I_vote_lcap5%Who are your favourite characters? I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Who are your favourite characters? I_vote_lcap8%Who are your favourite characters? I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]
Who are your favourite characters? I_vote_lcap14%Who are your favourite characters? I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
Who are your favourite characters? I_vote_lcap8%Who are your favourite characters? I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Who are your favourite characters? I_vote_lcap16%Who are your favourite characters? I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 37

Who are your favourite characters? Empty Who are your favourite characters?

Post  Accelerator Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:35 pm

As for me, I've always been an Accelerator fan (obviously.) I've mentioned my reasons before, but I'll repeat them here. I've really enjoyed his character arc in the novels and his transformation from villain to hero. The writers have managed to pull off an impressive and interesting take on tired old tropes with his redemption arc. He's also got a great set of unique powers that make him fun to watch.

Plus I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing him act like a total psycho. I hope he doesn't get too tame in the future.

Runners up include Misaka and her sisters, especially when they play off against each other.
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Who are your favourite characters? Empty Re: Who are your favourite characters?

Post  Vanni Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Kamijou Touma, I really do think he's an amazing character. It's not just his impressive fighting tactics, but also his heroic moments that just come from a mostly ordinary person. It's great that he's so weak, but so strong. I love his speeches, it helps show just how emotional he is and how much faith he has in his beliefs, because I don't like it when a character is shallow and uncaring. I really like it when he breaks illusions, he gets to the core of the problem and completely stops whatever is opponent has motivating them so he doesn't have to worry about killing anyone.

Touma takes the title of 'Hero' and takes it to an entirely different level. This guy isn't just worried about the physical either, he cares and fights for the feelings of himself and others. The 'Not needing a reason to save someone' is a great line because I'd just hate it if people are dying or getting hurt and a character isn't doing anything about it. Even more so is that the old Kamijou Touma wasn't in the memories but in the heart, that's where this 'Touma' gets the need to help others from. This Touma is like what the old Touma always wanted to be. I think that's beautiful.

There's plenty of reasons why I like Touma and that he's my favorite character of all time, but I'll just leave it at this for now.
Vanni
Vanni
Adversor639

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:00 pm

I agree that Touma's a good protagonist, he's a league beyond typical Shounen protagonists who only ever react to the situations around him. Touma's a lot more proactive in dealing with things once he finds something to stand against. In a lot of ways he's like Shirou from Fate/Stay Night (The good routes, at least) with less head-slapping idiocy.

That said I'm finding myself a little frustrated with his lack of character development this far into the series. I appreciate that a protagonist has to stick to an archetype in this sort of story, but I can't help but feel like his character is stuck in a rut. Every arc ends with him the same as when he started (aside from the Index arc and his memory loss obviously.) It seems like there have been a lot of missed opportunities for him as a character.

But, with all that said he's definitely one of my favourites.

Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanni Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:49 pm

Yeah a lot of people say that he doesn't have much development, but then again it's the little things that are important to him. Like in Vols 14 - 20
Spoiler:

And instead of development, as we go along you get to know his character more and more
Vol 2, he's empty and finds happiness in helping others. Also he's very cold when his happiness is taken away
Vol 4, he likes his misfortune because it lets him help others
Vol 6, he dosen't care whether his friends are different or not, or if it's dangerous to be friends with them
Vol 7, his actions are based on his faith in himself, also since his world is so small the things he has are more important to him than others
Vol 9-10, he cares about the feelings and the happiness of others, rather than things that may seem as a major importance
Vol 13, won't harm his friend even if they are causing damage also will try to save his own opponent
Spoiler:

some of the examples may seem like we already knew from before or that there's more to it whatever but you get the point. With NT it looks like we are getting some character development

Vanni
Vanni
Adversor639

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:20 pm

Definitely Misaka. No question. Very Happy
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t18-esper-kamijou-touko

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Vanni wrote:Yeah a lot of people say that he doesn't have much development, but then again it's the little things that are important to him.

And instead of development, as we go along you get to know his character more and more

some of the examples may seem like we already knew from before or that there's more to it whatever but you get the point. With NT it looks like we are getting some character development

That's a fair point, but I still feel as though the author is keeping him in his niche when he could be going beyond it. I think it's more the fault of the Light Novel format, though.
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:22 am

All the girls, because they are Moe~
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:57 am

Wanna guess?

Yep, you got it. It's-

Misaka Mikoto Wink

It's a bit hard to explain and this might sound weird if you look at it the wrong way, but Mikoto's basic character concepts (personality, background, (dis)likes, interests etc) and I have a lot in common. She is probably the only anime character I can actually relate to on a personal level. When I first started watching the Railgun anime, I kinda freaked out because it started to feel like I was watching some Alternate Universe superheroine version of the plain me (and my past highschool life). XD No joke though... Of course, we also have a lot of differences. She has qualities that I wish I could have and/or admire. These factors make the way I perceive her character very interesting: she's like me, but she's not at the same time. I'm sort of exploring that while I'm rping... Haha, I probably sound really weird. XD

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t81-esper-misaka-mikoto

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:12 am

That's pretty interesting. I think most people recognise a few elements of their personalities in characters now and then. It must be strange to have a character with that many qualities that mirror your own.

I tend to recognise parts of myself in fictional characters now and then. And it's never very flattering. Haha.
Guy Li
Guy Li
A Certain Mysterious Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post  Mori Kita Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:20 pm

Frenda Seivelun seems like an interesting character. Her appearance has come and passed in the manga, but she'll be making an appearance in the upcoming Railgun series in the Sisters Arc.
_______
Character map (contains spoilers as it shows all characters)
Mori Kita
Mori Kita
Level 3 Proximity Teleport

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down