Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Guy Li Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

A Certain Experiment's End (Arc 3 Epilogue)

+7
Guy Li
Misaka Mikoto
Accelerator
Mugino Shizuri
Himegami Aisa
Kira Kohaku
Hujisaka Natsumi
11 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

A Certain Experiment's End (Arc 3 Epilogue) - Page 6 Empty Re: A Certain Experiment's End (Arc 3 Epilogue)

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Wed May 17, 2017 4:36 pm

For the first time in quite a while, Natsumi gave a light-hearted heart, as if she had been far too amused by a show's comedic moments to keep it in. However, that laugh wasn't as well-intentioned as one might think.

“You think she's going to let us explain anything?” She continued her heartfelt laughter, very amazed by the fact that he had yet to truly know who the dorm mistress was at this point. “We'll be lucky if she even lets us breathe tonight!”

When she finally stopped laughing, she however maintained that amused expression. “You're our only male teacher. You're being held to much higher standards than anyone else in the entire School Garden solely for the fact that you're allowed to enter it without getting arrested, you know.”

Finally, her ordeal of putting groceries away had come to an end. As she stored away the last bag, Natsumi found herself thanking, for once, the highly privileged service of Tokiwadai. This had been far too time-consuming than she enjoyed for simple groceries, though perhaps it was due to the unreasonable amount she had bought.

“Well, she'll probably have more mercy if you show up anyway than if you don't.” She spoke as she relied her weight against the kitchen counter, already getting a headache she couldn't tell its source due to the many possibilities. “But yeah, that's that. She asked me to warn you and the other two are probably already aware by now.”
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

A Certain Experiment's End (Arc 3 Epilogue) - Page 6 Empty Re: A Certain Experiment's End (Arc 3 Epilogue)

Post  Guy Li Wed May 17, 2017 5:04 pm

“You think she's going to let us explain anything? We'll be lucky if she even lets us breathe tonight!”

"You know, I don't think I've ever seen you so worried..."

“Well, she'll probably have more mercy if you show up anyway than if you don't. But yeah, that's that. She asked me to warn you and the other two are probably already aware by now.”

"How courteous of her..." His voice dripped with sarcasm. "Thanks for the warning." He rested against the kitchen counter next to Natsumi. "I'll brace myself for the worst, but I doubt it'll come to that." Guy shrugged the jacket from his shoulders and tossed it over onto the nearby coat rack. "Are you going to be okay getting home? I can make dinner for two if you'd prefer to rest here for a while?" He asked, fishing around idly in the fresh groceries with a coy smirk.
Guy Li
Guy Li
A Certain Mysterious Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Wed May 17, 2017 5:13 pm

“Rest sounds amazing right now, but I'd only take up your offer if I wasn't concerned about what would happen afterwards... Find yourself another date, possibly one who'll be able to cook for your ready-to-faint self. I'll be fine getting back.” She spoke casually, not really picking up the bait the usual way she did, as she straightened herself and moved from her gradually slouching position on the counter, ready to head for the door.

“By the way, what did you do that for?” She asked after turning around with a slightly bothered expression. She'd almost forgotten. “You had no reason to get involved last night, did you? Was there any reason you were ready to die to defeat Accelerator?”

In truth, despite almost forgetting, there were many things she wanted to ask. But a simple glance at him told her that he wouldn't be openly answering to most of them anyway; it would be a futile effort.

“...And how did you, anyway?
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Wed May 17, 2017 6:00 pm

“By the way, what did you do that for? You had no reason to get involved last night, did you? Was there any reason you were ready to die to defeat Accelerator? ...And how did you, anyway?

"I'll tell you exactly the same thing I told 10031. It made sense." He said with an air of finality. But just as she had known that he would not willingly answer her questions, he could tell just by looking that she would not accept such a simple response. "Something had to be done. And what kind of teacher would I be if I just let my students throw away their lives without even trying to help?"

"But as for how I did it, it's just like I said. I figured out his ability." He flexed the fingers of his bruised left hand. Another cursory glance told him she wouldn't leave until he explained himself. "Everything we threw at him was reflected, regardless of whether he was aware of it or not." His fingers balled into a fist. "So I figured 'there must be something about his ability that works without conscious thought.' And if that truly was the case, then I could exploit it." The corner of his mouth curled up in a self-satisfied, slightly cruel smirk. "Say, by getting it to pull when it should push." He got the impression she knew what that meant. "I didn't know for sure it would work until I tried. And the margin of error was pretty small. Maybe an inch or less. I guess I got lucky." He shrugged.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Wed May 17, 2017 6:09 pm

She'd widened her eyes at the explanation, it was indeed quite logical and something she, or no one, had never even thought about as a way to counter Accelerator. It was one of those things that made sense in retrospect but would rarely occur to minds on the moment.

And in a way, taking notice of his very rare, not teasing smirk confirmed a few doubts she had.

But she wouldn't word them out, she simply silently listened to his explanations and nodded in an uncharacteristically obedient manner.

“So basically, you were once again lucky enough to just barely escape death, huh... I see.” She replied only at the end, though it was clear that there was something in that explanation that still left her unsatisfied. “I guess you've got a long life ahead of you if you manage to figure that out and get him without losing your entire arm.”

Natsumi turned around once again, and with all that said, she rose and waved her only available hand.

“I've got the gist of it, so I should go. I'm getting way too tired. See you tonight.” And as she left the dormitory, taking care not to be faced, she pondered on the fact that as she'd thought, she'd left this place with far more questions concerning this abnormally intelligent in battle teacher than she'd originally come with.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Wed May 17, 2017 6:30 pm

He was glad that answer satisfied her. Because if she had pryed any further he may have run out of reasonable explanations. And from there the only thing that remained would be the unreasonable.

He was just a regular human being without psychic abilities or magic powers, just trying to live a quiet life. At least, that was how he presented himself to the world. So the fact that he could defeat the strongest Esper without losing his life could only have been a fluke.

That was all it was.

A fluke.

Pure luck.

He snatched the ingredients decisively from the shelf, tossing a pan onto the stove and deftly dicing the fish and vegetables with a nearby knife. The smell of freshly cooked food wafted enticingly through the dormitory.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko Mon May 22, 2017 5:58 pm

Still A Certain Dormitory, 11:15 A.M

Kamijou Touko was dead inside and quite close to it on the outside. Drenched in sweat and pain, she barely had made it through the featureless dorm building’s main entrance. After she had escaped from the confines of the hospital in the morning her journey had been a never ending one. Like the diligent student she was, she had headed for school right away, of course slowly due to her crutch. Then after about an hour or even more she had made it there, only to be faced with Komoe-sensei’s pity and be sent home — something that didn’t lower the count of make-up lessons she still owed, but that was another story of school regulations.

So she had attempted to make it home quickly. However it had only been an attempt. The truth was just another devastating event summoned by her never ending misfortune. All trains were cramped, no space for her and no one willing to show mercy to the battered and injured girl. The buses had been the exact same, except one. She’d taken it, only to realise the AC was broken turning it into an oven like sauna trap. To worsen matters that automatic bus’ AI system had broken down, leading it to stop on the middle of the road, leaving the passengers unable to leave, basically trapping them (battered Kamijou and two heavily sweaty delinquents) until help would come many minutes later.

Nearly killed by either the heatstroke or the terribly bad smell she’d be released after about an hour deciding to walk the rest of the way.

That was how she arrived at home, at long last.

«…I…made it…»

As she stepped through the main entrance an overly inviting smell of heart filled home cooking dug itself into her nose. A greetings of heavens, returning a faint spark to her body. A spark that once again lit the flame everyone who hadn’t had a proper bite in hours held.

Arriving rashly thanks to the elevator that for some reason was her only ally for today, she dragged herself onwards being pulled in by the ever stronger growing smell of temptation.

And lastly she found it to be emanating right from the place of her destination.

Or at least she assumed it was that in her overly burned out mind.

Thus, without even checking twice she’d simply burst in ready to accept whatever had been prepared to welcome her!

«Tadaima!!»

…hadn’t it occurred to her that she was living entirely alone?
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t18-esper-kamijou-touko

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Fri May 26, 2017 1:44 am

«Tadaima!!»

"Welcome home." Guy replied without thinking. He tossed the contents of the pan into the air with a practiced flick of his wrist before catching them again.

Wait. Was that the correct response?

Guy narrowed his eyes in confusion as it dawned on him that he neither lived with anyone else nor was he the protagonist of a romance manga, so the fact that a girl had appeared so suddenly in his room should be cause for alarm.

But Guy appeared to take it in his stride, like a perfect househusband preparing dinner for his beloved wife who had just returned from a hard day of work.

"Ah, Kamijou. You're just in time." He scooped up a bowl full of the Chinese style fried rice and set it down in front of her opposite his own.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko Fri May 26, 2017 1:15 pm

Girlfriend of the century Kamijou Touko wore a bright smile on her face as the food was served to her. Absorbing the absolutely divine smell that served as premonition of perfect taste she grabbed the sticks right next to her, gave the usual sentence and then dug in like the hungered out desert traveller she was.

It was heaven and earth uniting to a meal beyond human comprehension.

She ate like a shovel truck, gnawing down on the entire bowl with insane speed and eating ability. Chew chew gulp gulp chew chew. With every bite, gulp and continuation the smile on her face spoke of further delight. This man was a master cook. Even if he wasn’t, anyone’s cooking would have been to her that very moment. His, however, may have still gone beyond the average. It was just good. Period.

After five minutes of a despicable unladylike eating orgy later, she dropped the sticks into the empty bowl, falling back into her seat, chin up, eyes facing the heavens.

«Aaaaah…that was brilliant…I am happy…I can see…angels…?»

Her soul was about to depart from her mortal body. The sounds of salvation were played up above, enveloping her in visions of bright light. The angels’ cradle, god’s touch.

Hold on, she didn’t believe in all that.

Double hold on, since when did she have a boyfriend?

Triple hold on, since when was she living together with anyone?

Quadruple hold on, what was he doing here to begin with?

Quintuple hold on, wasn’t her table shaped entirely differently?

Struck by a thunderstorm the spiky haired idiot’s entire body began to boil and burn down anew. Her common sense spoke up, telling her just how embarrassing this entire situation had become. She sat right in the middle of that room, right in front of that guy, had simply invaded his home, dug into his food like she was his girlfriend and made herself entirely home at his place like that. And it was that guy of all people even.

How to escape this…? How to get away from this unscathed…?

Gathering her thoughts she arrived at only a single method. Putting on her most severe poker face, she entirely dove into her new role.

«That was astounding, dear~!! How could I ever have lived without you~!!»

The dawn of perfect lovey-dovey-sparkly girlfriend delusional Kamijou Touko! Last resort, go!
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:53 am

So she was planning on digging herself deeper into the pit of embarrassment she had created for herself? Then, in that case, he would carry on too. If only for his own amusement.

"Oh honey, " He reached over the table, placing his hand on hers. "You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear you say that." He fluttered his eyelashes, affecting an expression of lovestruck adoration typical of new couples. "You look like you've had a hard day. If there's anything else I can do to help, just ask." He lifted that hand gently as though it belonged to a dainty princess and smirked to himself, making sure to hide the expression from Touko.

This should break that act of yours... He was determined that she would be the one to blink first in this high-stakes game of chicken. And after the opponent he had faced the previous night one delusional high school girl wasn't about to best him in a battle of nerves.

He kissed the back of her hand tenderly, locking eyes with his spiky haired neighbour.

I definitely won't lose.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:40 am

An indescribable shudder ran down Kamijou Touko’s spine.

She could feel something well up in her stomach as it twisted and turned.

Those fluttering eye lashes, those lovely words, the heart filled intonation.

What kind of beast had she dared to challenge? Had she become the mortal fool that ran right into the ancient monstrosity’s lair, not understanding the graveness of the calamities awaiting her?

He grabbed her hand, carefully, delicately; a surprisingly warm and tender feeling, the dream of every girl out there. Like a prince caressing a princess his treat was something even our spiky haired idiot would have dreamt about occasionally. But…hold on…that was the wrong direction!

And then there came that.

The soft touch of lips on the back of her hand.

The blow that not even she had any means to counter. The blow that came so maliciously and viciously it was impossible to defend against.

She died there. She would have. She could feel those shudders. She could feel the unending shame. She could feel the absolute. This man…he was beyond anything she’d ever faced. He was the true final boss.

Faced with the new impossible challenge, the somewhere somehow sexual kind of assault and her mind going entirely haywire she did what she did best, even in her current entirely beaten up and battered state:

She punched him straight in the face while shouting panicky.
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:56 am

*CRACK*

He reeled backward in his seat, his cheek stinging from the sudden sharp blow of a fist. He had, surprisingly, not been knocked unconscious by the savage strike.

"Hey! That was uncalled for!" He shook off his head, cupping the bruised part of his face with his remaining hand. "I was just playing along with your weird delusion! What sort of monster would hit a defenseless and injured person for a little teasing?" He chided her, wagging his cast-bound arm for added emphasis.

A short while later the two of them sat about the table as Guy touched an ice pack to his now throbbing face.

"You look pretty rough. Come to think of it I haven't seen you since the incident at Misawa." He gestured to the girl he precariously called 'friend', though he was now reconsidering that classification. "Everything okay?" He asked with fairly genuine concern.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:46 pm

And with the ring of the bell another illusion had been destroyed. Somehow.

She could feel the pain rush from her fist through her arm and spread all over her entire body, as she finally managed to suppress the panicky shouting. Being fired at by Guy’s comments, Kamijou couldn’t help but break a sweat; yet in the end she didn’t find the proper words to comment. Basically, this entire situation had been her fault straight from beginning to the violent end. There were no excuses or any chance to defend herself.

In the end, though, that sudden, entirely over the top reaction had brought them back onto the proper path. Calm had finally settled in between the two as they simply sat down on their respective seats eying one another.

It was only then that she actually took proper notice of the pitiful state the boy was in, forgetting her own for a second.

«You look pretty rough. Come to think of it I haven't seen you since the incident at Misawa. Everything okay?»

How should she put it without it sounding stupid? Then again, he was likely the only one where that didn’t apply. After all they have been through the same hell together.

«Oh well, just this and that. I ended up saving the dorm from a zombie apocalypse caused by some out of control Magician. Nothing to be concerned about…haha…»

She attempted to laugh the results of the previous days off just like that. Things happened, that was all in the end. Kamijou Touko wasn’t the kind of person to pursue glory or anything the like. She’d just do what she did, that was all. Therefore she didn’t wish to brag about the exact events, leaving it at that.

Unfortunately, though, a sad reminder came over her upon thinking back in time. The events at Misawa Cram School. A certain girl’s face. The sight of despair being overshadowed by hope.

Right, that girl…The news!! Like a torch illuminated in the darkness, realisation came over Kamijou Touko chasing away all worry she had held that moment. She’d ignore the questions she was about to ask a moment ago, the curiosity about why he had been in an even worse state than her. After all there was something she had to bring up. Something way more important than anything right now.

She finally understood it, she finally understood the graveness of the situation and the gate that had been presented to them. They had a second chance. And maybe if she told him he could help her find a way. Maybe together they would be able to accomplish the impossible!

«She’s here! She’s in the city! Index is! She is back!»

Unable to arrive at a good choice of words Touko just blurted out whatever had come to her mind that moment, not minding that it would have been more adequate to explain than just hammer the news in his face like she’d done with her first before. But in the end, that was just how excited she had been in the first place. Not simply about hearing it, but about having someone to discuss the matter with.
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:36 am

«Oh well, just this and that. I ended up saving the dorm from a zombie apocalypse caused by some out of control Magician. Nothing to be concerned about…haha…»

Guy nodded in the same way he did when Tsukiyomi confided her day to day stresses to him. A sage, sympathetic gesture of weary understanding that seemed to say 'I know how you feel'.

«She’s here! She’s in the city! Index is! She is back!»

He recoiled from the abruptness of her outburst. Perhaps he was expecting a second punch, though he had given her no reason for one. It was just a reflexive response at this point. To expect physical punishment for no reason.

His surprised expression settled into a dead-eyed neutrality that could have been read equally as stern determination or stoic resignation.

"I see." He was already standing up, moving to the door where he had hung his coat. He paused only briefly to look back at the girl. "Well, we're going to find her, right? We'd best get moving."

The door closed behind them, and with it went his dreams of a peaceful moment's repose.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:29 pm

A Certain Dormitory's Entrance, 11:55 A.M.

Living up to the reputation that any normal August had in Japan, the sun shone brightly and mercilessly as if to remind one that the cooler temperatures would only arrive a month later and that for now the heat had to be endured. As such, whenever one could find a place to settle down under a cool shadow, it was usually considered to be a blessing.

And luckily for them, such a blessing had occurred to two peculiar women sitting nearby the dorm's entrance: they had gotten the privilege to ponder many events that had happened in the previous two weeks under the guarding shade of a tree's branches and leaves as they sat on a somewhat tall concrete wall, though they sat aside at enough of a distance to not disturb passage in and from the dorm that would often be fascinated by those two presences.

Dressed in an absurdly inappropriate manner and for all the opposite reasons when compared to the other, the two had arrived in this city the day prior but had failed the meet the people they were looking for in the worst fits of bad luck. Today once more, however, they were waiting and praying that yesterday had only been poor timing and this would be the day, where they would hopefully interact in this dorm with the people whom they had shared a very, possibly the most, important event of their lives.

That said, that delay had been fortunate for at least the eldest of the two to ponder on how she would approach the situation as well as the entire situation that had been unfolding for two weeks. In a way, it was a much needed breather away from being given tasks and carrying them out.

As she pondered on that, however, she heard a creaky noise turned her head towards the dormitory's building. A door had opened, and out of it were the two people they had sought since their return in Academy City. Having finally been given an opportunity to carry out her task, the eldest of the two rose from her uncomfortable seating and seized the blade she had laid to rest against the trunk.

Her long, black hair only loosely kept in a ponytail by a thin ribbon was flowing down to almost her ankles, though some strands had been caught up in her peculiar outfit comprised of a t-shirt that had been tied only around her chest to reveal her midriff. Her jeans that had had its cloth visibly ripped out to only cover one leg weren't any salvation to her fashion sense so very opposite of how Asians other than her would normally dress.

She looked back at the youngest girl, who seemed to have dozed off somewhat in their wait next to an absurdly long sword having been set near the bench, perhaps too exhausted to move from the heat her clothes were providing. She was wearing an outfit almost made to be unfitting of this scientific city let alone in Summer: made of almost pure white cloth decorated with extravagant yet elegant golden embroidery at its edges, even on its hood, was a nun's outfit.

And if that hadn't been enough, her long waist-length silver hair made a jarring foreign contrast to the Asian-looking older woman.

“Index.” She called out to the drowsy girl still in a light slumber with a small smile, hardly needing any words to beckon her into following.

And with that, trusting the girl would follow her without further ado, she left the rather seclusive zone away from the open path of the dormitory's entrance, preferring instead to stand in front of it directly though at enough of a safe distance that no one would bump into the other.

The much-awaited encounter would occur in merely seconds now.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:42 am

Yes. Guy was correct. They had to do something. Not tomorrow, not next week, not once they were recovered. They had to do it now. No matter how hopeless it would seem. Isn’t that what they had done before? Everything would be fine like that, somehow.

Following suit, Kamijou could feel determination building up stronger than ever before.

Right now was the time for them to act!

They left the apartment, headed for the stairs, descended and in the next instance would rush out of the door, hurriedly, calm, determined to fight destiny itself. They would do it! They would change the fut…

«…Kanzaki!?»

The spiky haired girl was the first one to see the unexpected encounter at the entrance, her jaw dropping like that of a cartoon character.

Absolutely speechless, she immediately shifted gears, moving from absolute surprise to a defensive stance — quite a poor performance considering her overall state. But that was how far the confusion of the situation reached. Especially right now as she found herself unable to tell the extent of the situation and its overall meaning. Why was Kanzaki Kaori of all people here? What did she want? What was their relation like in the end? Were they still allies or had something lead them to become enemies? Was this possibly about Index? What was even right and what was wrong?

Frozen Kamijou didn’t find anything to say right off the bat.

However, quickly her thoughts had been gathered and she began blurting out things like she usually would.

«Why are you here? What do you want? Is this about Index?! Did the church send you after her!? Did she get lost again?! What’s going on!?!?!»

Unable to see the final company all she could do was throw out all her worries all at once, not minding the disturbingly worried impression.
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:53 am

A Certain Experiment's End (Arc 3 Epilogue) - Page 6 M8ERw25

Was it the gentle call of her companion which roused her from her slumber, or was it the faint, lingering aroma of a recent meal which revitalized her? Perhaps even her anticipation and impatience at what laid ahead filled her with the energy she needed to get up? Either way, her eyes shot open the instant the swordswoman left the immediate vicinity. No, she wasn't asleep! She was merely reflecting on the events which transpired, and she had gotten too absorbed in it.

Settling on this explanation with self-satisfaction, the silver-haired nun zeroed in on the outburst in no time at all, peeking out from behind her companion with a quizzical expression. This immediately transformed into an excited smile whose brightness rivaled that of the sun.

"Touko! It's Touko!" Index bellowed as she emerged to get a closer look at the spiky-haired girl. This joy however, was quickly replaced by irritation. Her teeth were sharpened, and were ready to be used at any moment.

"Where have you been? This city is amazing, but also a little scary... But the food is good, and I need you to show me where to find the best places, and where do I get to sleep?"

The emotions running through the tiny nun were nearly as many as the words coming out of her mouth. Not being able to settle on any particular one over the other, her thoughts came spilling out in a chaotic mess, none quite revealing the happiness and joy at just seeing Touko again without the danger of violence or some larger incident going on around them. Her smile alone had said enough.

"And...did you just eat a delicious meal without me?"

Her sense of smell was nearly as good as her memory. Of course, she had yet to notice the other person following from behind Touko, so some other senses could definitely use some work.
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Guy stopped, eyeing the Saint from across the distance between them. Perhaps it was because they had parted ways as 'allies' that he didn't seem to bother adopting a defensive posture, even though that 'alliance' had been tentative at best.

"Kanzaki. You're looking well." He said with the slightest hint of sarcasm in his voice. "It's funny. We heard you guys were in town so we were just coming to look for you." He tilted his head back in a brazen show of confidence. "So imagine my surprise when you turn up on our doorstep. Life has a funny of working out, I guess. I'd call it coincidence if it didn't seem so convenient." He said, obviously prodding her to explain herself while Index and Touko enjoyed their reunion.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:53 pm

By one, she had been approached in a rather aggressive manner that had frankly already started to give her a headache as she could not even place a greeting before being bombarded with questions. Thankfully for her, her shorter companion had stepped in to likely handle this volubile girl in their moment of reunion.

By the other, however, without any chances of further backup she had been approached in a rather cocky manner that spoke as if he had been concerned by nothing of this situation at all, though Kanzaki Kaori only sparsely paid that part any mind: she knew that had he not cared, he would have completely ignored her.

But even in the event where he didn’t, he would be forced to care whether he liked it or not, seeing how they had been the ones involved in rescuing both Index and Misawa’s Cram School in the span of hours.

“It has been a while, Kamijou Touko, Guy Li. If I ignore those wounds unlikely to be related to that situation, you seem to be doing fine yourselves.” She spoke in a calm and mature tone, ignoring his taunts and the likes as she moved closer to older boy than to Touko, figuring she’d let her and Index catch up somewhat.

“Convenience is less of the key word than efficiency. I am simply here to congratulate you.”  Touko was the main piece of interest in this scenario; however Kanzaki found that perhaps explaining things to the older, less prone-to-immediate-irritability-and-questioning man would be preferable.

“You can praise yourselves; you went up against the Anglican Church and won. It was decided that for the time being, Index will remain within Academy City and Kamijou Touko, whose right hand has proven its worth in protecting Index from any stray magicians, will be her guardian.” She spoke in a way that truly didn’t sound like it, and it lacked any excitement or particularly positive feelings on the matter, showing possibly even a hint of bitterness in her expression.

And that was because she did feel bitter and frankly, very useless as she'd pondered how little Index would’ve had to sacrifice had they realised this gap in the Anglican Church’s logic earlier. Especially with how easily they had conceded once confronted with the truth of Index’s “illness”...

“Stiyl and I had only come here to escort her to this dorm and before prompt returning to England, though he has decided to leave first.” But it was hardly the time to involve personal regrets in the matter, and so the glimpse of negative feelings brooding in her expression had only been a flash, almost immediately replaced by her calm professionalism as she addressed both of the dorm's residents.

“Do you have any questions or objections? This will be your only chance before magicians come in masses trying to seize the forbidden library.”
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:33 pm

Dumbfounded or underwhelmed. Those were the words to best describe Kamijou Touko’s expression resulting from that sudden twist.

Index was right before her.

There was no insane Magician about to destroy Academy City, no merciless villain’s face awaiting her fist to be hammered into, no impossible to overcome end of the century threat. All there was was a girl striking down a chain of words and questions, much like she had done before, entirely laid back and air headed as if it was the most normal thing in the world, while it most definitely wasn’t.

«…uuu…what is going on…?»

Admittedly it took a moment for that spiky haired idiot to catch on with everything and Kanzaki’s explanation came in rather helpful, dissolving that need quickly. It was simple. Straight to the point. Factual. There was nothing to reject it with or even any flaw to it. It was just what it was.

Yet that was what made it seem too simple.

«Hold on. Hold on. Hold on. So basically after all that and after all we were about to force ourselves through, we’re just having the treasure be thrown at our face without any torturous dungeon crawling or super annoying boss fights with 20 phases? We just get it straight at the dungeon’s gates, taking away any need at all to rush in there and save the day? There was no use in our mental preparations or anything? We just get the main prize and credits without lifting a finger? That’s all?! What shitty third rate 16-bit RPG is this supposed to be!?!?»

Straight from the get-go Kamijou blew all her absolutely unnecessary complaints in the world’s face, not minding the tearful reunion scenario this was actually supposed to be. Like the idiot she was, she’d entirely insist on the hells she had just made an internal agreement to throw herself into. She had been ready! After trying to avoid and troubles like a maniac she had finally made up her mind, prepared to take a deep dive in the maelstrom of misfortune saving this girl would have been…and now this was the outcome. REFUND PLEASE!
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:00 am

“Do you have any questions or objections? This will be your only chance before magicians come in masses trying to seize the forbidden library.”

«Hold on. Hold on. Hold on. So basically after all that and after all we were about to force ourselves through, we’re just having the treasure be thrown at our face without any torturous dungeon crawling or super annoying boss fights with 20 phases? We just get it straight at the dungeon’s gates, taking away any need at all to rush in there and save the day? There was no use in our mental preparations or anything? We just get the main prize and credits without lifting a finger? That’s all?! What shitty third rate 16-bit RPG is this supposed to be!?!?»

Guy placed a hand on Touko's shoulder as though to calm the girl, or perhaps reassure her that the world wasn't collapsing in on itself. But she was right. This whole situation seemed too easy and neat to be readily accepted at face value.

"Objections? No, I guess not. Though this whole thing does seem pretty suspicious." He voiced his concerns openly. "And I can tell you're not too pleased by the whole thing either. In fact if I had to guess I'd say that's the real reason Stiyl left ahead of you." He left that accusation unanswered, moving onto the next point. "As for questions? Well I've got a whole list. Certainly too many to ask here and now. So I guess I'll keep it simple." He looked Kaori in the eye, keenly reading the subtle expressions on her stoic mask. "What should we expect from here on in?"

The rest of the magic world would not take this lying down. They would not allow one of the most powerful resources available to their people to be held in the stronghold of their greatest enemy. If such knowledge were to be made public (and he had no doubt that it would be eventually) it might even be the case that it would inspire the magicians of the world to unite against the 'world of science'.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:21 pm

If the idea that the solution to return Index's life to normal had been simple, and only manipulated by the Church to appear so complicated, was so disheartening to the spiky-haired girl, then she likely had no idea of what it felt like for Stiyl and Kanzaki.

“I understand your disappointment, but I don't recommend making it so open if you don't want the Church to go back on its decision.” Kanzaki carefully warned with a small glare at the young girl.

That they had conceded so easily to leaving the Index Librorum Prohibitorum within the walls of the science side was more than sufficient proof that they had lied and manipulated everyone ever involved in Index's life to keep absolute control and eye over her, and were only showing “good faith” in order to still have an upper hand in the matter. If these two made the situation more complicated than it needed to be by being needlessly provocative, there was no doubt the Church would go backing out on its word and this time the outcome for Index might not be so ideal as it currently was.

There would be nothing to gain from acting like rebels, even as the Church's subordinates.

"Objections? No, I guess not. Though this whole thing does seem pretty suspicious. And I can tell you're not too pleased by the whole thing either. In fact if I had to guess I'd say that's the real reason Stiyl left ahead of you. As for questions? Well I've got a whole list. Certainly too many to ask here and now. So I guess I'll keep it simple.”

Her focus turned back to Guy, who seemed to once again have a much more reasonable approach in knowing that there were questions better left unasked for now.

”What should we expect from here on in?"

Returning his rather intensive stare in an equal attempt to analyse his thoughts on the matter, Kanzaki slightly frowned as she couldn't help but wonder why would he ask a question he seemed to obviously have the answer to, seeing how undisturbed he was by her earlier comment about magicians likely seeking out the forbidden library from now on.

“If you're lucky, you will only have to face a magician every so often. If not, every other day. Though I'm sure you two will manage no matter the consequences of Index's stay within Academy City, since this is the "miracle" you fought to achieve.” She simply answered, feeling that it was fairly too late for the both of them to back out now that they had gotten so deeply involved in the Anglican Church's confidential matters.

Deciding herself that it was time to close the topic, she simply turned towards Index with a small smile. “It's about time for me to go. Index, don't cause too much trouble.” She gently berated the girl with a warning, knowing what kind of usual antics she would pull as her one-sided long-time friend, before moving away and turning her back to the increased group, though in mysteriously short strides for how she usually walked.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:58 pm

A Certain Experiment's End (Arc 3 Epilogue) - Page 6 M8ERw25

"---and you're going to have to teach me things about the strange customs here, and...Guy? It's Guy too!"

Both of her saviours had appeared in front of her so easily! Unlike their skeptical and cynical reaction however, the robed girl truly believed this turn of events to be a blessing. Despite their lack of luck with finding Touko the previous day, having Guy appear with her on the second day more than made up for it. Her excitability reached critical mass in an instant.

"Thank you so much for saving me before! You'll have to show me some other places to eat, right? The place we went was so great despite that rude girl, and---"

She went on and on again, before finally realizing that despite this gathering, none present were actually speaking to her. Looking between them, the conversation they were having clearly did not include her, despite talking about her! Losing all positive momentum, the girl's sharp teeth began to grind in preparation, when the swordswoman suddenly spoke to her.

“It's about time for me to go. Index, don't cause too much trouble.”

Once again, the wind was suddenly taken out of her sails. Snapping out of her righteous irritation, she watched as her strange companion began to leave. Despite everything she did to suggest otherwise in front of others, Kanzaki Kaori was actually quite kind, and the silver-haired nun was not about to let her just leave on such a one lined note. Taking a few steps toward her, Index put on a smile and began to wave.

"Don't worry, I won't cause any trouble! Everyone here is so nice, and the food is so good! Everything else is weird, but I won't let them defeat me! And...and...thank you for looking after me."

With this more appropriate sendoff, Index could then begin her new life in the City without any regrets. Well, considering Touko and Guy had ignored her to talk to Kaori instead, and apparently ate a meal beforehand, her high spirits were certainly going to be tested.
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:03 pm

«You don’t have to worry. Whatever might come or whatever might happen, I’ll make sure to stick by Index’s side and protect her! Trust me on that!»

Like everyone else Kamijou saw the need to impart final words to the leaving swordswoman, speaking them in a manner entirely different from the mindless behaviour she’s shown before. Instead of worry, annoyance or disappointment she truly shone of reliability. In the end that had also been part of what she felt right now.

Index had returned to her side. She had accomplished the impossible and this was her reward. But it wouldn’t just be the end. She knew, without giving anyone the need to tell her. Kamijou Touko may not have understood the full extent of it or known the dangers up ahead, but she thought she knew, simply arriving at the naive assumption that she would be capable of making it somehow. Just the same as before…

Now that everything had been said however, she could finally turn towards the neglected heroine, giving her the brightest and happiest smile she could find to offer.

«Now then, we do have a lot of foods to explore, don’t we? There’s a ton of amazing restaurants around! And we do have something to celebrate! So, wanna get going?»

There was no need for a tearful reunion or anything as cliched as that. That girl had broken free from an unending loop of misery, finally taking steps towards a bright future. What use was there wasting any second on the past then? What use was there spending hours reminiscing over things that couldn’t be helped back then. The now was right before them, the past no longer visible.

Thus only one solution would apply beyond all else: Live into the day without any care for anything!

Anything except…

«…uuuh…actually…Guy-saaaan? You don’t happen to have some money to lend to poor Kamijou-san, do you? I mean…you wouldn’t wish to sadden poor Index-san…either…right?»

…a look in the already empty wallet.

Apologetically the girl tried shooting him pitiful glances while lifting her bandaged arm before her, building even further on the poor injured puppy act.
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:15 am

“If you're lucky, you will only have to face a magician every so often. If not, every other day. Though I'm sure you two will manage no matter the consequences of Index's stay within Academy City, since this is the "miracle" you fought to achieve.”

"Huh." A magician every so often.  She made it sound so simple and run-of-the-mill that he was almost impressed. As though such people didn't possess more destructive potential than even the most cutting edge weapons of war. There was no telling what sort of terrifying abilities they would have to face in the coming days. "And I suppose expecting any help is out of the question..." He said, not expecting an answer.

"---and you're going to have to teach me things about the strange customs here, and...Guy? It's Guy too! Thank you so much for saving me before! You'll have to show me some other places to eat, right? The place we went was so great despite that rude girl, and---"

She was off already. Guy found himself envying Index's seemingly inexhaustible energy and dauntlessly cheerful nature. He didn't have a chance to respond before she turned her attention to the retreating figure of Kaori Kanzaki, the pair exchanging farewells.

Such a neat resolution left was welcome after such a difficult ordeal.

«…uuuh…actually…Guy-saaaan? You don’t happen to have some money to lend to poor Kamijou-san, do you? I mean…you wouldn’t wish to sadden poor Index-san…either…right?»

Stopped in his tracks, Guy turned to Touko with a look of vexation.

"What!? Wasn't a free meal enough?" He reached into his jacket for his own wallet, opening it with his remaining good hand to show the pathetic (lack of) contents. "I'm in much the same situation, so maybe try shaking down some other mark with your con-artist level sympathy plays." He grumbled, diverting his eyes from the two girls and their pitiable expressions.

"..." He forced a frown. It was plain to see that his resolve was failing.

"Besides, you're not cute enough to pull that kind of trick off." He muttered, though despite his words he reached into his other pocket and producing a crumpled note. He didn't look Touko in the eyes as he handed her his emergency funds. "I expect you to pay me back." He said as he walked away, though he knew the chances of such a thing happening were slim to none.

He caught up to Kaori a short distance away.

"Are you really okay with the way things turned out?" He called after her, his voice quiet and level. Knowing he had her attention he continued. "You may think this is an acceptable resolution. But have you considered the reasons for it happening this way? The reasons why the ones pulling the strings in the Church and in Academy City are fine with things turning out this way?" It was a rhetorical question. He had no doubt she had been mulling the question over endlessly since hearing her orders. "Neither would allow it unless they thought it gave them the upper hand in some way. So what angle are they playing?" He paused, allowing his statement to sink in.

"Clearly both the Archbishop and the one in charge here have their own motives. And their own plans for Index." He let the accusation hang in the air. "Are you really alright with that?" Again, he wasn't expecting an answer. "Just think about it, okay?" He paced past the tall woman and slipped off into the night.

"I'll be seeing you..."
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next