Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Aoki Aiko Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:54 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[SS] Right Place at the Wrong Time

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[SS] Right Place at the Wrong Time Empty [SS] Right Place at the Wrong Time

Post  Murakami Takashi Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:13 am

A brisk breeze brushed by Takashi as he adjusted and tightened the scarf securely around his neck. It wasn't the windiest day he's experienced thus far but it was enough to keep loosening the scarf and be a rather large nuisance. 

It was July 20th on a hot summer day and Takashi had been getting tired of the same, cramped space he had been using to train and thus when he heard about a park nearby that had some rather open areas, he embarked to check it out and see if there was a new space to train and maybe a new sight to see. However, when he arrived at the gate, he looked disappointingly at the wide open areas with very little shade to be seen. Not one to give up, especially as he had been walking in the harsh sun for about 10 minutes, Takashi continued into the park and explored. 

Takashi took fifty steps in and looked around him, trying to find the one spot that would have made his trek here worth it. He scanned to the right, seeing a small tree or two but nothing that seemed promising. However, when Takashi turned to the left, he found a small patch of shade that welcomed him with the promise of relief from the heat, while still being rather out of the way. Thus, he made his way over and sat down on the cool grass and his back up against the trunk of one of the trees, relishing the protection that small patch of trees provided for him. After about five minutes of relief, Takashi took off his scarf and began his daily ritual.

The scarf was placed neatly on the chilled grass in front of him and Takashi then sat crisscrossed a few inches away from the tree's trunk. "Well then, let's see if this works," he thought to himself as his eyes closed and his thoughts drifted, as a current beginning to circle around him with his scarf flowing with it.
Murakami Takashi
Murakami Takashi
Level 2 Current

Back to top Go down

[SS] Right Place at the Wrong Time Empty Re: [SS] Right Place at the Wrong Time

Post  Mitayama Mirai Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:12 pm

Ice Cream. She really wanted Ice Cream right now, or something else to cool down during this hot day. A young girl walked slowly through the park, while she gazed at the sky and watched zeppelins floating quietly. The girl had red cheeks because of the heat, and wiped away a little bit sweat from her forehead. She really liked the summer, but the days were so long she sometimes didn't know what to do with her free-time. Other students in her age went out with their friends on days like this, for sure... She sighted.

Just in that moment she noticed someone sitting down on the grass near her. It was a brown-haired boy, maybe one or two years older than her. He...

Aerokinesis, huh... Mirai thought, after she witnessed that guy using his ability. But... suddenly, she blinked.

Huh!

… An idea popped into her head and she clapped her hands together, while her eyes started to sparkle strangely.

Mirai walked up to him with a big smile on her face. And... She started to approach him immediately with her jolly-sounding voice...

"Oyy, you can manipulate air currents, right? That's so cool... And also sooo convenient! Ha ha!" She said and looked at him from above.

"Can you use your power to cool me down a bit? ... Please? It's so hot!" she revealed her wish, while still smiling at him casually. What did he look like for her?! A ventilator on two legs!? But she obviously didn't notice or simply didn't care that she might bother him right now...
Mitayama Mirai
Mitayama Mirai
Level 2 Telepathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Murakami Takashi Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:19 pm

"Oyy, you can manipulate air currents, right? That's so cool... And also sooo convenient! Ha ha! Can you use your power to cool me down a bit? ... Please? It's so hot!"

An excited voice rung in Takashi's ears and awoke him from his internal sanctuary. He had to deal with the voice since he was directly addressed and so he slowed the current down, caught his scarf in mid-air,  and tied it around his neck, then looked upwards to address the intruder. He saw a rather young girl, looking a few years younger than him, with a standard school uniform and light brown hair contrasted with deep blue eyes. He simply stared at her for a few seconds, trying to process her appearance. He hadn't met this person before and trying to match a face with an unknown name is all he was trying to do at the moment.

"I don't believe we've met", Takashi proclaimed. "Have you seen me before and I simply had forgotten? If so I do apologize for the confusion..."

"Before I do anything else I should try and get a name, just to try and remember who I am dealing with" he thought. "She looks friendly enough but better safe than sorry..."

Last edited by Murakami Takashi on Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:03 am; edited 3 times in total
Murakami Takashi
Murakami Takashi
Level 2 Current

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitayama Mirai Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:33 am

T-This wind-esper truly had guts! Totally! -  That's what Mirai thought, as she stared at him dumbfounded (and a bit amazed) for a moment. There is no way he would wear a scarf on a hot day like this otherwise! He didn't respond for a while and just looked at her slightly confused, but It didn't seem like Mirai felt really awkward about this situation. Instead, she smiled brightly when the scarf-boy finally began to spoke. His voice was really quiet, though. It kind of reminded her of someone she used to know really well...

”Nah, we didn't meet before!”

...She answered  with full honesty. “I just saw you sitting here and I thought you could help me out with the heat a bit.”  Mirai started to jokingly fan herself with her hand and made a theatrically-pained expression.

”My name is Mirai, by the way. Nice to meet ya'!” The young girl kneeled down to him.

"What's up with the scarf?"
Mitayama Mirai
Mitayama Mirai
Level 2 Telepathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanaka Kazuki Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:29 pm

It was hot.

Kazuki walked down the side walk on his way to his next job. The job he had just left had been dull and boring but at least it had been indoors and air conditioned. A research facility had hired his services in transporting a massive amount of ionized water after one of the pipes they used to move it cracked. Kazuki had simply places a portal on either end of the cracked pipe to bypass it, and then sat there bored for the next three hours while they ran tests. Now he found himself wishing he was actually back there instead of in this heat.

"At least I have this nice cool soda," Kazuki said to no one in particular.

Kazuki decide to take a shortcut to his next job through the park. As he walked through the park he noticed a boy sitting on the ground and a scarf floating in front of him. His gazed moved to a girl who seemed to also be interested in the boy with the floating scarf as she moved over to go talk to him. Perhaps he'd have a look himself.
Tanaka Kazuki
Tanaka Kazuki
Level 3 Wormhole

Back to top Go down

Post  Murakami Takashi Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:15 am

Takashi watched the girl explain how they hadn't met before and how she was simply asking if he could help with the heat. "She seems friendly enough. Very energetic for her age though... sort of like my sister," he thought as the girl began to fan herself with her hand and put a rather painful expression on her face. 

"My name is Mirai, by the way. Nice to meet ya'!" His mind snapped back into focus as he caught her name and saw her kneel down in front of him. "What's up with the scarf?" Takashi looked at his scarf and tugged on it to slightly loosen it as he formulated his answer for Mirai's out of the blue question. "Oh this? This simply helps me direct the winds where I want them, mostly by helping me make initial calculations before I manipulate the currents in any way." He turned and looked at Mirai with a face full of concern. "Unfortunately, I can only concentrate the air into bursts unless I start meditating so I'm not as good of an air conditioner as you may think I am. If you still want me to attempt to cool you down, however..." 

Takashi stood up and measured the wind. It was facing Mirai's direction, but wasn't fast enough to dramatically change any of his calculations. He smiled. "Perfect..." Takashi began to charge a light burst, but he was temporarily distracted by a figure that began to approach the two of them. It looked a black haired boy of a relatively average build. He had a black hoodie and grey shirt with cargo pants. For whatever reason, Takashi felt rather nervous about this boy's approach, but then he realized something...he was still charging his burst aimed directly at Mirai! It wasn't at full charge, but it was enough to push her backwards and possibly make her fall over. He attempted to redirect it in a panic, but released it too early, the wind aimed directly at her right shoulder. "Oh no," he thought. "Please don't cause too much damage..."
Murakami Takashi
Murakami Takashi
Level 2 Current

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitayama Mirai Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:38 pm

"Huh, I see..." Mirai responded to his explanation and nodded. Interesting. So the scarf was like... a tool, or an equipment, to aid him with his ability. Actually, a lot of esper were taught to use things like this to increase or support the effect of their power. And to cover for their weaknesses, of course.

This boy (she still didn't know his name) seemed a little bit shy, but he was kind and still tried to fulfill her wish, even though he revealed his doubt about it openly. And... he was actually quite right.

At first Mirai nodded enthusiastically. “Yaay.” It was really comfortable and chilly in the beginning, and the girl let out a relieved sight, as the wind brushed her skin tenderly... But then the breeze became stronger and stronger, and finally evolved into some kind of small air blast!

“E...Excuse me- Ugh!” It was too late for her voice to reach him through the wind, and the burst pushed her away from the brown-haired boy a little bit. She fell over and landed on her back. Mirai didn't hurt herself though, as she landed on the soft grass beneath her. The telepath was just shocked in the first moment and blinked with a surprised expression.

“Wooow!” She suddenly said with a loud voice.

She hopped back on her feet rather quickly after this and stared at the guy with a big grin on her face. “That was so cool! Ha ha ha! Can you make stronger air blasts with your ability? For sure, right!?” Her eyes were sparkling again.

“You could totally be some kind of hero with this!” … What was she talking about?

“Now your attacks just need to have some intimidating-sounding names! Something like... 'TYPHOON STRIKE' or 'STORM BULLET'!” Of course, there was no chance this guy was as powerful as Sogiita Gunha. Actually... No one was. In her eyes, at least. But Mirai, who didn't possess a combative ability, was easily impressed by things like that usually.

“Huh?” She noticed the boy in the hoodie a little bit later than the wind-esper.
Mitayama Mirai
Mitayama Mirai
Level 2 Telepathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanaka Kazuki Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:29 pm

The boy on the ground stood up and faced the girl. Kazuki couldn't quite here what they were saying from where he was standing. He took a sip from his soda and looked on as the boy with the scarf appeared to be concentrating. The boy the looked directly at him. A moment later a large gust of wind surged forward from the scarfed boy's direction knocking the girl to the ground and knocking the soda right out of Kazuki's hand.

Kazuki quickly walked over to the two people to make sure the girl who had fallen was ok, but she hopped back to her feet quickly before he could say anything. Clearly she wasn't too badly hurt if at all. That was good. The boy on the other hand, he had to pay. That soda had been a whole ¥200.

"Well it looks like you're ok," Kazuki said to the girl, his face showing what could have been interpreted as genuine concern "I was a little worried when you got blown off your feet, but it's good that you're not injured... However." Kazuki turned towards the boy with the scarf. In an instant all signs of concern vanished from Kazuki's face and were replaced with malice. "You made me drop my soda, and now you have to pay..." Kazuki was of course just messing around, he had no intention off harming the scarfed boy, he just wanted to see his reactions.
Tanaka Kazuki
Tanaka Kazuki
Level 3 Wormhole

Back to top Go down

Post  Murakami Takashi Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:19 pm

Takashi watched as Mirai fell to the ground but as he rushed over to help her up and see if she was hurt, she instead shot back to her feet, not angrily but excitedly. Baffled by her reaction, in which she was trying to name his ability with names such as "Typhoon Strike" and "Storm Bullet", all he could honestly do was stare. "Who was this girl anyway?" he thought. "I'm surprised she wasn't mad that I..."

"Well it looks like you're ok. I was a little worried when you got blown off your feet, but it's good that you're not injured." Takashi snapped back into focus and remembered about the boy, who was now close to the two of them. He thought to himself as he was watching the boy talk to Mirai: "Ah I guess he just saw her fall down and wanted to see if she was alright. I suppose that's-

"However," Kazuki continued, now looking angrily at Takashi. Takashi froze for a second, surprised such a sudden change in his attitude. "You made me drop my soda, and now you have to pay..." Takashi stood still and stared at this person for a second, confounded that he affected him as well. Takashi then spoke "My sincerest apologies. It was an accident, but I'll still pay for it. I was simply attempting to cool down Mirai since she asked. I did not realize that I hurt you as well. Allow me." Takashi looked down at his pocket and felt for his wallet but...it wasn't there. He was shocked. "I always have it with me...how did I forget it? Why now when I actually need it?" His eyes widened as he looked back up at the boy. "I appear to have...well..." He chuckled nervously. "Well...this is awkward..."
Murakami Takashi
Murakami Takashi
Level 2 Current

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitayama Mirai Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:30 pm

"Well it looks like you're ok,"

The boy in the hoodie said calmly, as he approached the two other espers. Mirai looked at him with a confused look, because he seemingly meant her. Why shouldn't she be ok? Mirai blinked. Oh. Because of the air blast?
However, she still answered the black-haired esper with a thankful smile and nodded at him.

Soda? The girl raised an eyebrow and looked back from the hoodie-boy to Murakami. He reacted rather nervously to his request. It was just a soda, though...

“I appear to have...well..." He didn't find his wallet and chuckled in a nervous way. “That's ok! Ha Ha!” Mirai suddenly spoke and gave him a friendly slap on the back. “I will help you out!” The girl started to search through her own pockets with a big smile and pulled out a little, silver thing after a short time.
It was just a 50 yen-coin, though.

“Look! This will do, right?” Not really, but Mirai didn't seem to care. But there was no way to tell if she was joking or not. She took the hand of the stranger, and just pressed the silver-coin into his hand.
Mitayama Mirai
Mitayama Mirai
Level 2 Telepathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanaka Kazuki Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:04 pm

The boy dug around in his pockets for a while until he said, "I appear to have...well..." the boy chuckled nervously. It seems like he had failed in his search for his wallet.

“That's ok! Ha Ha! I will help you out!” the girl said giving the boy a playful slap on the back. “Look! This will do, right?” The girl placed a ¥50 coin in his hand.

Kazuki looked down at the coin in his hand. "While this is appreciated, it just means you care to share in his fate." A huge menacing grin appeared on Kazuki face. He pointed to the air above their heads. "Behold, the instrument of your punishment." A huge dark portal had appeared in the air above them. "NOW, wash away their heinous actions and make them clean once more!" Kazuki shouted this line. He was going all out in his performance. Hundreds of gallons of ionized water came flooding out of the portal to "wash" away their previous actions. They would probably both be mad at him after that, but that was something he could deal with. A few moments after the water had stopped flowing out of the portal, Kazuki broke down into a fit off hysterical laughter.
Tanaka Kazuki
Tanaka Kazuki
Level 3 Wormhole

Back to top Go down

Post  Murakami Takashi Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Mirai had graciously given the boy some money. Takashi didn't see how much, but any kind of payment for his debt was enough for him. However, Upon paying the boy, the mysterious boy took an uncomfortably sinister turn. "While this is appreciated, it just means you care to share in his fate." Takashi didnt like this so he began to charge a burst. "Behold, the instrument of your punishment," the boy had pointed above them and as Takashi looked up, he saw a large dark circle  appear above Mirai and himself. "

"Oh no..." he thought as he realized he didnt have enough time to charge any sort of significant burst to save himself and Mirai. So, he decided that he had to save atleast one of them. He began to shove her while discharging his burst at the same time in an attempt to clear her of her "punishment". "This should be enough to clear her whatever is behind that....thing." Thinking that she would be safe, he then began to untie his scarf and upon undoing the last knot he bundled it up and tossed it after the girl. Atleast a part of him would make it out unscathed, as he realized he was most likely going to be in quite a bit of pain. "NOW, wash away their heinous actions and make them clean once more!" the boy yelled to finish his malicious proclamation.

However, he did not have enough time to prepare himself for his fate as he saw rushing water crash upon him from beyond the void. "Wait....water?!" he thought before the mass was upon him. He kneeled down and faced down in immediate reaction to the sight and then braced for impact as much as he could before the water washed over him.
Murakami Takashi
Murakami Takashi
Level 2 Current

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitayama Mirai Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:04 pm

His demeanour changed. Drastically. Mirai looked at the boy with big eyes, as a malicious smile appeared on his pale face. “NOW, wash away their heinous actions and make them clean once more!" Mirai looked above her and saw a dark circle in the air. Heinous actions...? He made it sound like she was some kind of villain!

But before the telepath could protest against his accusation, she once again felt a strange force pressing against her. “Hnngg!” It threw her out of the way, saving her from whatever was going to happen. It was the scarf-boys power! Mirai landed on her backside, and looked in his direction with a surprised face, before a huge amount of water flooded him... He wanted to save her? Instead  of himself?

His brown scarf flattered in the air. Mirai caught it with her left hand, before it could reach the wet ground. She smiled sincerely. He was really kind...

“Bwahahaha!”  Mirai suddenly joined in the black-haired guys laughter, as she stood up and looked at him. “You're just messing around, do you? In other circumstances I would just laugh it off! Ha ha... But this guy tried to save me. I can't waste his goodwill.” This young girl didn't  know any real martial arts, but started to pose looking remotely like a fighter in an overacted kung fu movie. “Don't worry! Show some GUTS and fight me like a man!  The heat of battle is the fire, that forges the blade of real friendship!”  … What was that supposed to mean? She didn't sound really aggressive, though.
Mitayama Mirai
Mitayama Mirai
Level 2 Telepathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanaka Kazuki Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:42 am

The girl joined Kazuki in his torrent of laughter. “You're just messing around, do you? In other circumstances I would just laugh it off! Ha ha... But this guy tried to save me. I can't waste his goodwill.”

"Yep, I was just messing with you the whole time," Kazuki managed to say though his laughter.

The girl got into a fighting stance that looked like it was from some sort of martial arts movie, “Don't worry! Show some GUTS and fight me like a man!  The heat of battle is the fire, that forges the blade of real friendship!”

This only made Kazuki laugh more. He liked this girl, she was a riot. Kazuki got into a fighting stance as well. When it came to hand to hand combat, Kazuki actually wasn't that bad. He was far from being an expert or anything, but he was passable. Once he had taken that stance, Kazuki decided he needed to reply with something just as ridiculous as the girl. "Alright! The exchange of fists is the hammer that forms the steel of friendship!!!!" Kazuki shouted those words with all the "guts" he could muster. A huge smile spread across his face.
Tanaka Kazuki
Tanaka Kazuki
Level 3 Wormhole

Back to top Go down

Post  Murakami Takashi Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:10 am

Cold water has washed over him and drowned his ears, blocking out most sound. As he got up, his clothes soaked beyond immediate recovery, he hurt what sounded like someone yelling followed immediately by laughter. His ears weren't completely drained of water so he couldn't completely understand what was going on, but when he wiped his eyes and looked the boy, he saw him in a fighting stance. He glanced over to the girl and saw her in a similar stance. His eyes widened and he put the pieces together. They were about to fight.

He cleared his ears as quickly as he could and rushed between the two supposed combatants, hoping to prevent the fight. Takashi did not know what the boy was completely capable of or what his intentions were and he needed to protect Mirai. "Enough!" Takashi yelled, getting in between the two of them, his hands extended to the side to keep them both separated. "This has to end. No one else is getting hurt today." He turned to the boy, giving him a stern look and saying with as much confidence as he could muster while shivering from being exposed to the chilling water.: "I will pay you what I have left to owe you later. There is no need to cause anymore trouble here." He crossed his arms and rubbed them to warm himself up as much as he could. 

Takashi shivered slightly. "Who are you anyway? You never introduced yourself before you poured water on me and potentially Mirai."
Murakami Takashi
Murakami Takashi
Level 2 Current

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitayama Mirai Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:17 pm

Mirai made a playful face and smiled back at the portal-esper. "You get it!" she said to him and nodded proudly, while still staying in her fighting stance. But suddenly,  the young girl heard a shout and flinched. "Enough!" It was the scarf-boy; The water was dropping down from his soaked clothes. Bravely, he stepped between the two 'opponents'. Mirai just smiled and nodded silently; They were just fooling around, but he had guts, so she didn't protest and stayed behind him during his 'heroic' moment.

For a second, Mirai thought he was going to embrace himself. But he was actually just trying to warm himself up; The water seemed to be cold. The girls face started to look concerned as she stared at the shivering boy.  

"Are you all right?" The telepath asked the young boy and gave him his scarf. "You should dry your clothes somehow, and warm yourself in the sun."

"Who are you anyway?" He asked the other boy, and Mirai also looked at the black-haired one curiously with a smile. "Like he mentioned; My name is Mirai. It's nice to meet you."
Mitayama Mirai
Mitayama Mirai
Level 2 Telepathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanaka Kazuki Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:02 pm

"Enough!"

The extremely wet boy stepped between Kazuki and the girls playful fighting stances. "This has to end. No one else is getting hurt today." The boy was clearly a bit miffed  "I will pay you what I have left to owe you later. There is no need to cause anymore trouble here." the boy continued, "Who are you anyway? You never introduced yourself before you poured water on me and potentially Mirai." The boy started shivering.

"Are you all right?" The girl, who's name was apparently Mirai, asked the soaking boy. "You should dry your clothes somehow, and warm yourself in the sun." Mirai continued "Like he mentioned; My name is Mirai. It's nice to meet you."

"Oh, how rude of me, my name is Kazuki." Kazuki stated as he walked over to each of the two people standing before him, handing them a business card as he got to each of them. "Owner of Kazuki's Transportation Services, You ever need anything transported, just give me a call." Kazuki turned to face the boy whose name he still did not know, and who was still absolutely drenched. "Now what could you possibly mean by no one else, Mirai is doing quite fine, and you, however wet, are uninjured as well. My pranks are all just in good fun, there's never any intention of hurting anyone. Also, you need not pay me back, I had more then enough repayment in your reactions." Kazuki took a few steps away from the wet boy. "In fact, I'm going to repay you, I'll dry off all your clothes for you!" Kazuki snapped his fingers in an unnecessary and flashy manner. Two portals appeared, one directly beneath the wet boy and one directly above him. He fell into the portal and appeared from the one directly above it, starting a chain of infinite falling. "I may not have wind powers, but I can air dry you really fast like this."Kazuki said with a huge smile on his face. "Actually, that looks like a lot of fun, I think I'll join you." Kazuki said. He ran up to the edge of the portal and, timing his jump as to not collide with the falling boy, jumped into the portal to join in the infinite falling fun.

"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"
Tanaka Kazuki
Tanaka Kazuki
Level 3 Wormhole

Back to top Go down

Post  Murakami Takashi Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:40 pm

The black-haired boy introduced himself as Kazuki. "He owns a company? Peculiar..." Takashi thought. "Are you alright? You should dry your clothes somehow, and warm yourself in the sun." Mirai said as she handed back his scarf. However, he didn't want to put it on as his clothes were still wet. "Thank you Mirai." He turned back to Kazuki. "Please to meet you Kazuki, but are you fini-

"Now what could you possibly mean by no one else, Mirai is doing quite fine, and you, however wet, are uninjured as well. My pranks are all just in god fun, there's never any intention of hurting anyone. Also, you need not pay me back, I had more than enough repayment in your reactions." As he said this he began stepping back. Takashi charged another burst. "Not again...I'm ready for you this time..." "In fact, I'm going to repay you, I'll dry off all your clothes for you!" He then snapped his fingers and Takashi felt the floor give way beneath him. "What the-WAAGH!

He fell through the floor! Did he create a portal beneath him? He saw the same scenery repeat over and over again as he fell for what seemed like eternity but was most likely a few seconds. "I may not have wind powers, but I can air dry you really fast like this...Actually that looks like a lot of fun, I think I'll join you." Kazuki said as he jumped in after Takashi. Takashi was prepared this time however. "Enough of this!" Takashi had the burst charged and he discharged it as he was exiting the portal on top of him once again. He shot out of the loop but landed hard on his legs, which gave way and caused him to roll into the sun touched grass away from the shade. "Argh...that was not as smooth as I had originally anticipated..." He got up and walked around for a bit before looking back at Kazuki with an annoyed expression. Kazuki was yelling "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" as loudly as he could as he continued to fall through the loop.
Murakami Takashi
Murakami Takashi
Level 2 Current

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitayama Mirai Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:25 am

Mirai stared at the business-card in her hand for a moment. A transportation-service?  So, he basically made money out of his own ability. Well, that was quite useful. “That's neat. I will...- Uh?!”
That Kazuki surely had a mischievous spirit: Shortly after his introduction, he pulled another prank on the scarf-boy. He created a loop with his portals and the shy esper started to fall... endlessly. She stared at the presentation of Kazukis ability with perplexed eyes. Ok, she had to admit; It looked really funny how he was falling through the portals the whole time, hehe... But still! She looked at the portal-esper with a nervous smile.
“Kazuki-san...” She started to say in a worried tone... But then he suddenly hopped into the loop himself! “WEEEEEE!”
Mirai blinked.

Meanwhile, the scarf-boy managed to shoot himself out of this mess with an air blast. He fell on the grass and Mirai walked up to him a little concerned. He looked kind of annoyed... But didn't seem to be hurt otherwise. "Argh...that was not as smooth as I had originally anticipated..."
“It looked smooth enough.” She tried to reassure him and smiled.
Mitayama Mirai
Mitayama Mirai
Level 2 Telepathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanaka Kazuki Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:31 pm

"Argh...that was not as smooth as I had originally anticipated..." The boy said as he launched himself not so gracefully onto the ground from the portal loop.

“It looked smooth enough.” Mirai said in a reassuring tone.

"If you had just asked I would have taken you out... um, I don't believe I ever caught your name." Kazuki said to the boy who was now on the ground. To the others, Kazuki was probably a bit hard to understand. He was moving so fast and changing location so frequently it probably sounded as if the words were coming from multiple places at once. Kazuki removed the upper portal and linked the one below him to a new portal on the ground but facing the air. Kazuki fell through the portal on the ground at such high speeds that he was launched through the portal facing upwards into the sky. While he traveled upwards, Kazuki removed the link between the two portals on the ground. Once all his momentum had zeroed out, he created a portal directly beneath himself. This one was linked to the one of the portals on the ground, but facing the ground. because there was no space to travel through the portal, Kazuki sat on top of it like a platform in the air. Kazuki called down from his perch to the boy on the ground.

"That was a very reckless thing to do, you could have hurt yourself. I told you all I was going to do was dry your clothes. All you had to do was ask if you wanted out. Some people I just don't understand." The last part Kazuki sighed and laid back on his floating disk.
Tanaka Kazuki
Tanaka Kazuki
Level 3 Wormhole

Back to top Go down

Post  Murakami Takashi Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:27 pm

As Takashi watched Kazuki fall in his infinite loop, he heard something, but couldn't completely understand it, only catching bits and pieces of Kazuki's statement.. Then, Takashi saw Kazuki launch himself high into the air, but at the peak of his trajectory he somehow managed to stop himself. "How did he...?" Takashi thought to himself before seeing a dark circle underneath Kazuki. "Interesting ability..." Kazuki called to Takashi from the sky, saying "That was a very reckless thing to do, you could have hurt yourself. I told you all I was going to do was dry your clothes. All you had to do was ask if you wanted out. Some people I just don't understand." 

Takashi was stunned for a moment by the audacity of Kazuki's remark. "That's strange coming from him..." He then stretched his neck one last time and called up to Kazuki "Well I never had the chance to decline your "offer", so I wouldn't consider being flung in an infinite loop a favor of any kind. Now, I don't believe we have anything left to settle and I don't think that anyone else would like to be thrown through portals or drenched in cold water. I will pay you the money I owe you if I get the chance. Any objections?" Takashi looked down and neatly rolled up his scarf and held it in his right hand, away from his drenched clothes. As he did this however, he remembered something that left him curious. Takashi looked back up at the floating boy.

"Oh, I just remembered that you were saying something as you were falling. However, I didn't quite understand it. Would you mind repeating it? If it's not important then that's fine but I'm curious now."
Murakami Takashi
Murakami Takashi
Level 2 Current

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitayama Mirai Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:49 pm

"Huh! He uses his 'Mega Dimension Rip' again!" Mirai said with an overly tense tone, as she started to hear Kazukis easygoing voice. Seemingly, she already had her own nickname for his ability. His voice sounded strange... It sounded a bit like an echo. Of course, that was not entirely right, like the girl observed. He just changed his position quickly with his ability, so it seemed his voice came from various locations. Mirai looked at the two dark circles on the ground, than to the floating disk in the air. Three portals at the same time. Was this his limit?

"That was a very reckless thing to do, you could have hurt yourself. I told you all I was going to do was dry your clothes. All you had to do was ask if you wanted out. Some people I just don't understand.”

Mirai smiled, with her hands on her hips. “Fufufu ~ He just took the gutsy way! That's not hard to understand, right, scarf boy?” The girl commented, blinked and looked proudly at... the scarf-boy. Oh, yeah, right... she didn't know his real name yet...

"Oh, I just remembered that you were saying something as you were falling. However, I didn't quite understand it. Would you mind repeating it? If it's not important then that's fine but I'm curious now."

“He asked for your name.” … She actually wasn't really sure about that, but she was curious herself and just used the opportunity. “...Or do you have some freaky and dark past, that hinders you to reveal your true identity to us? That's totally ok, too! I will call you by your fake name in this case, or I will just go with scarf-boy. But you have to call me 'Elder Sister' in return then!”
Mitayama Mirai
Mitayama Mirai
Level 2 Telepathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanaka Kazuki Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:03 pm

“He asked for your name.”

“...Or do you have some freaky and dark past, that hinders you to reveal your true identity to us? That's totally ok, too! I will call you by your fake name in this case, or I will just go with scarf-boy. But you have to call me 'Elder Sister' in return then!”

"Oooooo if we're picking cool names can I be like 'The Transporter' or something cool too,"  Kazuki said excitedly.  Kazuki began thinking about Mirai's comment. "You know, I bet he does have some sort of dark back story. Like..." Kazuki switch to a deeper more dramatic tone of voice "When he was young a tornado swept through his town... he was the only survivor. Only later did he learn that the tornado was no random act of nature, it was sent by the masked man KAZE-SAN!!! Ever since, he's been trying to grow stronger to take down the masked man to avenge his family. He traveled around the world, honing his skills until he came across Academy City. This was his chance to gain the power he need to take down Kaze-san, but fate played a cruel trick. He developed the same wind manipulation that had taken his family. Now he trains to use this power so he can one day face Kaze-san and take the revenge he has sought all these years."
Tanaka Kazuki
Tanaka Kazuki
Level 3 Wormhole

Back to top Go down

Post  Murakami Takashi Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:12 pm

After Takashi asked about Kazuki's comment, Mirai simply replied "He asked for your name." At that point, Takashi realized how rude he had been throughout this encounter. They had introduced himself but he had remained an absolute stranger to them both! He felt incredibly embarrassed by his lack of consideration and his eyes widened for a second before he closed them and slowly facepalmed, while sighing deeply. 

"I knew I was forgetting something. Please forgive me for concealing my identity from you two this entire time. It wasn't meant in ill will." He looked at both Mirai and Kazuki and with his right hand lightly clenched into a fist, placed in his left hand, and held in front of his chest, he bowed to them both. "My name is Murakami Takashi, incoming freshman of A Certain Highschool, practitioner of aerokinesis, and seeker of a balanced mind and body. Pleasure to make your acquaintances and again please forgive my rudeness before."

As he raised his head again, he tied his scarf back around his neck. gave it a slight tug to secure it, and slung the tail around him so it rested on his back. "My clothes are still slightly wet, but I think that everything is fine again," Takashi said calmly as he smiled slightly at Mirai and Kazuki. 

Last edited by Murakami Takashi on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Murakami Takashi
Murakami Takashi
Level 2 Current

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitayama Mirai Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:16 pm

Mirai stared at “The Transporter” with big eyes, as he told her the back-story of the aerokinesist next to her. She smiled and nodded enthusiastically; “Hm-h! You know how to tell stories in the right way, Kazuki-san!” She raised her thumb, as if the portal-esper reached a goal or something...

"My clothes are still slightly wet, but I think that everything is fine again,"

The young boy with the scarf said with a smile, after he finally introduced himself. His actual name was Murakami Takashi, huh? The telepath looked at him and answered: “That's good! Ah, and before I forget; Thanks for pushing me out of the way. Even though it was just water; It was a gesture full of guts.”

Suddenly, Mirai seemed to remember something and blinked a bit dumbfounded. She picked up her cellphone and looked at the display. “Ohhh! I have to head back soon!” The girl said, and then grinned at the two guys. “It was nice to meet you two! I had much fun today, haha!”
Mitayama Mirai
Mitayama Mirai
Level 2 Telepathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next