Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Furuhashi Gou Yesterday at 10:56 am

» [SS] Another Part Time Job
by Amano Imoko Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:24 am

» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Saito Hirashi Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:50 pm

» ZapdosZulu, HG/SS Pokemon RPG [PB]
by Guest Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:26 pm

» hoenn - pkmn faction-based animanga
by Guest Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:52 pm

» Esper - Kagou Minamoto (WIP)
by Kagou Minamoto Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:14 am

» [SS] A Certain Blossoming Friendship
by Aoki Aiko Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:37 pm

» Face Claim Reservation List
by Aleister Crowley Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:09 am

» [Esper] Amano Imoko
by Aleister Crowley Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:29 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Accelerator Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:15 pm

A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story) - Page 11 Empty Re: A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)

Post  Saito Hirashi Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:22 am

Of course the others followed, at this point Hirashi was used to things not going his way.

“It’s just a precaution.” Hirashi gestured at the bound and unconscious people at his feet. “We don’t know whose side these people are on and I’d personally avoid dealing with another scenario like the one we had in the last warehouse.”

"What happened to them? Can you tell? To be honest, this is nowhere close to what I was expecting. Do you think there may be someone besides us coming after these guys?”

"I don't know. I really... don't. Maybe they fought another group, or had some infighting? It's a wild guess."

"Let us try to push forward and get more information, hopefully our answers will lie deeper within."

Right on cue, as soon as he said that, a man burst into the room. After making a brand new addition to the pile of unconscious bodies on the floor, he looked up at them and said.

"You guys don't look like Skill Out. And I'm really hoping that's the case. I'm really not in the mood for another fight."

The mysterious newcomer was still relatively far away from Hirashi. Too close for Hirashi to make a run for it if he decides to attack, but far enough for Hirashi to prep a few nails and hopefully land at least one solid hit. Hopefully after which Mad Biker can do the fisicuffs thing she was so apparently fond of and finish the job.

“Well that is good, we would also like to avoid any fighting. I am Saito, and you are…?”

If what he is saying is the truth, they had a common adversary. And as the saying goes, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Saito Hirashi
Saito Hirashi
Level 2 Kinetic Flux

Back to top Go down

A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story) - Page 11 Empty Re: A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)

Post  Aoki Aiko Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:01 pm

A moment after Aiko had spoken, the rest of the group filed into the room and Tsubasa offered her thoughts on the unconscious group on the ground.

"I don't know. I really... don't. Maybe they fought another group, or had some infighting? It's a wild guess."

"Let us try to push forward and get more information, hopefully our answers will lie deeper within."

It was a reasonable assumption. If someone was fighting their way into the base, then further in would have their answers. Though surprisingly, before the were able to move further in the answers came to them. The loud sounds of a fight seemed to be coming from further in and getting closer until it spilled right into the room in front of them. Aiko quickly drew the laser pointer from her pocket, keeping it focused on the figure in front of her. A moment later that figure delivered a swift kick to a second man on the floor, knocking him out before turning to face the rest of the group.

"You guys don't look like Skill Out. And I'm really hoping that's the case. I'm really not in the mood for another fight."

For some reason the man's voice sounded familiar. Almost like Aiko had heard it a lot. The dim lighting of the room made it hard to make out exactly who it was though. Aiko expanded her field to encompass the room, switching it from dimming light to amplifying the little light there was and brightening up the room. In doing so revealing the face of the man in front of them and causing Aiko quite the shock.  

“Well that is good, we would also like to avoid any fighting. I am Saito, and you are…?”

"Guy-Sensei!?!? What are doing here?"

Aiko quickly covered her mouth with her other hand as if it would somehow erase her outburst. The last person she expected to see raiding skill out hideouts was her teacher. Aiko almost wished her teacher wouldn't recognize her, the last thing she needed was someone from school finding out about her "Extracurricular Activities". It was a shame Aiko hadn't had any time to return to her dorm, she was still wearing her Tokiwadai uniform and was very recognizable with it being the winter uniform with extended sleeves. Instead of trying to hide her identity from him, Aiko decided it might be better to instead shift the attention on to him.

"What kind of trouble have you gotten yourself mixed up with this time? Is the disdain from the dorm mistress not enough so you had to go find other people to get mad at you?"

Despite the harshness of what was being said, the tone it was being said it made it clear that it was more of a playful jab then contempt.

Level 3 Electron Shell

Back to top Go down

Post  Watabe Tsubasa Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:43 pm

As if on cue, and to answer all of the group's questions, a crash followed by a loud shout could be heard. From the sound of it, it seemed to be coming from the next room.

'An enemy?'

Just as Tsubasa was readying herself to engage in combat, she saw two silhouettes fighting. After one of them was knocked out, she deduced that, this other person was probably the one behind the attack on this facility. She couldn't make out the person's gender or age however, due to the dimness of the room. His breaths only increased her tension. Was he going to attack them next? What was his affiliation?

'Good, he's not.'

Tsubasa seemed to forget, however, that an enemy of enemy wasn't necessarily a friend. But she was rather simple-minded for such complicated mind games. Thankfully for her, Guy truly wasn't their enemy. Not that she knew that for a fact yet.

"Guy-Sensei!?!? What are doing here?"

"Oh! So, your name is Guy! Nice to meet you!", Tsubasa was happy to meet a new ally so she greeted him cheerfully.

"——Wait, 'sensei'?", alarm bells ringed in her mind and she quickly looked at Aoki who was still talking to Guy, for confirmation.

"What kind of trouble have you gotten yourself mixed up with this time? Is the disdain from the dorm mistress not enough so you had to go find other people to get mad at you?"

As the rest of Aoki's sentence was slowly registering in her brain, Tsubasa was starting to panic.

"Wait, wait, wait, please wait!! You're a teacher?! For real?!"

This could be bad. She often got into trouble. Sure, this wasn't her teacher, but teachers often hang out in circles of teacher friends or other administrative staff. If one of her own school's teachers got wind of her mischivious endeavours and her-not-so bight track record of troubles with Skill-Outs, it could affect her not only academically, but especially her idol career. The only one who knows about her activities at school is her manager, who's also the coach of the Urban Dance Team at her school. And that is for a reason. He can be trusted with her secret life.

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t1003-esper-watabe-tsubasa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira Kohaku Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:08 am

“That’s admirable. Not sure it’s that smart, but it’s admirable.”

The girl chuckled at the sound of those words and scratched at her cheek with her index finger.

“I’ve always prided myself on a certain degree of logical thinking. I’d like to think that this, too, falls into that range of logic.”

Emotions were oft treated like a separate entity to logic. Separating Logos from Pathos was a common archetype of thought, but the two were still inseparable from each other on a basic level. There was no sin in melding together those forms. That was the conclusion she had come to.

But, as time passed, two basic realities reared their heads. The first was that, even as the sun made its ever constant arc through the dome of the sky, it was unlikely that the pursuers were going to storm in and cause a scene. Either they had retreated, decided that storming in would be counterproductive, or were waiting outside and keeping watch.

But the second and more ugly reality was the fact that Anko had still not arrived. And just as the chances of being ambushed dropped exponentially, so too did the likelihood of Anko’s return.

As the sun had departed beneath the horizon, Kohaku had to make a decision before the door was completely closed.

Would she forsake her friend here?

Would she turn her back on it all and run?

“Alright, let’s get going then. I’ll find some way to reconnect with her.”

The girl had coldly drew the line and turned to the platform. Under duress she remained calm.

She was not turning her back on Anko. She would return and meet up with her again. That was a guarantee.
Kira Kohaku
Kira Kohaku
Level 4 Diagnosis Touch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:51 pm

"Oh thank God..." Guy's shoulders dropped and he leaned againstthe wall. He didn't need to put up an intimidating act in front of these kids, at least. "I'm-" The young man shrouded in gloom started to reply but was cut short.

"Guy-Sensei!?!? What are doing here?" He blinked against the blooming light of Aiko's ability.

"Yeah, exactly." Guy said to the girl's impromptu introduction. He didn't miss a beat upon seeing the girl. First Misaki, now Aiko, he wouldn't have been surprised to see the rest of his students at this rate.

"Oh! So, your name is Guy! Nice to meet you! ——Wait, 'sensei'?"

"Now wait a second, why does everyone have that sort of reaction?I should be the one asking you why you're here!" He shook his head. This wasn't the time. "Look, whatever. This is serious. I don't know what you're doing here or how much you know, so I'm going to forgo the stern lecture I should probably be giving you and just tell you this; whatever you're looking for, you won't find it here. It's a dead end." The way his jaw flexed as if chewing on those words said volumes about his own frustration. "Whoever's running the show here, they knew someone would be coming, and I'm going to bet it's the same for every other location these guys have set up shop." He paused, considering the information he had on hand.

From the location in the shipping and transport district, this was likely their main supply line to and from the city. With that shut down that should hopefully mean they wouldn't be moving any of their captives beyond the city. That bought him time to find Rachel. He just had to hope they'd not had time to move her already.

Guy frowned. The next words he said were difficult for him.

"They're rounding people up. Most of the sick experiments in this city get their 'volunteers' from these guys. And not just here. They're moving them out of city." And if that was the case, then it wasn't just some isolated incident. For the notoriously secretive Academy City to be allowing their most valuable asset to leave their jurisdiction meant one thing; this went all the way to the top.

“I’ve always prided myself on a certain degree of logical thinking. I’d like to think that this, too, falls into that range of logic.”

Naoto offered a sympathetic smile. They were the same, in that regard. She also considered herself rational and level-headed, but here she was, throwing aside her own rules for the sake of a stranger. All because she felt sorry for this stranded girl and her friend. In the end people were moved by their hearts, and they made excuses around those actions.

“Alright, let’s get going then. I’ll find some way to reconnect with her.” Naoto nodded. When the next train arrived at the platform she stepped aboard alongside Kohaku and held onto the rail.

"I'll take you to a safehouse, from there you'll be free to do what you like. I don't know if you want to wait for your friend there or-" She stopped, the phone in her pocket buzzing caught her attention. She glanced at the screen and clicked her tongue. "Sorry, change of plan. Looks like we'll be taking a quick detour through district 11."
Guy Li
Guy Li
A Certain Mysterious Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post  Saito Hirashi Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:48 pm

Hoodie Girl’s outburst has once again revealed information which she probably should not have given away. Is this girl really involved in the dark underworld of Academy City? If she spills like this on her assignments too Hirashi can’t imagine her bosses would be too happy.

A teacher, in a shady warehouse having a few rounds of fisticuffs with Skill Outs. It was a strange thought yet it is happening right in front of Hirashi’s eyes.

"Whoever's running the show here, they knew someone would be coming, and I'm going to bet it's the same for every other location these guys have set up shop."

“…”

As usual, Hirashi’s face betrayed little emotion, but it was easy to guess he was annoyed. Judging from all the unconscious bodies lying about the warehouse, whoever was behind this not only set up ambushes, but also likely removed all evidence leading back to them. It was as Adult Teacher had said, this was a dead end.

"They're rounding people up. Most of the sick experiments in this city get their 'volunteers' from these guys. And not just here. They're moving them out of city."

The implications were clear, their adversary either had the power to oppose the highest powers of Academy City, or worse, the leadership of Academy City was allied with them.

“I guess there is always a bigger fish.”

“I doubt anything will show up, but I will search the warehouse for leads anyway, just to be safe. Hopefully it will give us a new pointer.”

Saito Hirashi
Saito Hirashi
Level 2 Kinetic Flux

Back to top Go down

Post  Aoki Aiko Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:10 pm

"Now wait a second, why does everyone have that sort of reaction?I should be the one asking you why you're here! Look, whatever. This is serious. I don't know what you're doing here or how much you know, so I'm going to forgo the stern lecture I should probably be giving you and just tell you this; whatever you're looking for, you won't find it here. It's a dead end. Whoever's running the show here, they knew someone would be coming, and I'm going to bet it's the same for every other location these guys have set up shop. They're rounding people up. Most of the sick experiments in this city get their 'volunteers' from these guys. And not just here. They're moving them out of city."

“I guess there is always a bigger fish. I doubt anything will show up, but I will search the warehouse for leads anyway, just to be safe. Hopefully it will give us a new pointer.”

This was a big deal. If academy city was letting these people smuggle espers out of the city, there was no way the higher ups didn't know about it. It also many it extremely clear why Aiko had be told to stand down on this one. It went all the way to the top. Though it would probably have repercussions for her, there was no way Aiko was going to back down from this now. Especially not after hearing what was being done to the people that were being taken. Thinking back on it, the fact that they knew people would be coming for these bases explained why the other base they had attacked had been almost completely abandoned already. Regardless, they needed a next move. Aiko walked over to Guy, sliding the laser pointer back into her pocket and taking out her phone. She pulled up the map of all the bases and handed the phone over to Guy.

"Here, it's a map of everyone one of their bases. Originally we were planning on going around and seeing if we could rescue anyone else, but if they've already started moving people out we may be too late for that. Do you think any of these might be where they are currently holding them?"

Aiko then leaned in to whisper into Guy's ear.

"Oh, and don't even think of telling anyone about me being here. I get in enough trouble just breaking uniform codes and curfew I don't need this tacked on there."

Level 3 Electron Shell

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira Kohaku Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:03 am

The fact that her would-be savior was offering that smile meant that she, too, could understand her feelings. That’s why there were no further words needed from her at that point. They just needed to take the next step.

“Sorry, change of plan.”

Her eyes turned to the savior looking at their phone and narrowed.

“What happened? And lead the way.”

They could do a briefing on the way there. Now was the time to actually get moving. Wherever the savior would take them would likely be the fastest option. Depending on where in District 11 they had to go, there may have been a safer or more efficient option than grabbing the train here.

But, again, that was left to the person who had quickly changed plans.
Kira Kohaku
Kira Kohaku
Level 4 Diagnosis Touch

Back to top Go down

Post  Watabe Tsubasa Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:02 am

"Now wait a second, why does everyone have that sort of reaction?I should be the one asking you why you're here!"

Upon hearing this, her forehead started sweating. Would this guy be a problem for her if he recognized her true identity? Maybe Aizawa could sort things out with him later after they finish what they have on hand. After arriving at this solution, she realized how much she relied on her manager to tidy up after her mess every single time.

"Whoever's running the show here, they knew someone would be coming, and I'm going to bet it's the same for every other location these guys have set up shop", the teacher added "They're rounding people up. Most of the sick experiments in this city get their 'volunteers' from these guys. And not just here. They're moving them out of city."

'This sounds very problematic... Can we keep truly track of them with our limited resources? But anyways, how could they even manage such a feat...?'

“I guess there is always a bigger fish.”

"O-Oh...! R-right..."

She hadn't followed that line of thought till its logical end up till Saito spoke. But of course. Those scums only managed to do this because someone higher up was backing them up. This situation was becoming worse and worse by the second.

Tsubasa knew that Academy City was corrupt, but...

'Was it truly this bad? This was basically human traficking at this point wasn't it?! And the higher of the city were not only letting this happen, but maybe even behind all of it? Just how deep did this darkness go...? Did Aizawa-san know about this? Wait, was this why he didn't want me to get involved?'

The others were still talking, but she wasn't focusing anymore. This news shook her that much. Her brain was racing. She heard mumbling, but the meaning of their words did not register at all.

“I doubt anything will show up, but I will search the warehouse for leads anyway, just to be safe. Hopefully it will give us a new pointer.”

"Here, it's a map of everyone one of their bases. Originally we were planning on going around and seeing if we could rescue anyone else, but if they've already started moving people out we may be too late for that. Do you think any of these might be where they are currently holding them?"

She was trying to make sense of the truth she just heard. We must not forget that while Tsubasa had had mischivious encounters with Skill-Outs before, she had never had the opportunity (or misfortune) to come into direct contact with any of Academy City's Dark Side matters. So this revelation just now was a hard pill to swollow. She already hated the scientists' guts for how they failed her with becoming an Esper, but now she hears that there are way worse things going on behind the scenes. At first she thought some criminals did what they did to Reina but... it was ths very city all along?

"S-sorry to interrupt your strategy meeting, but... guys... just what the hell is going on in this city...?", her voice was trembling.

She was shaking, from fear, but mostly rage and frustration. How could she live all those years in ignorance about this?

"Please! Who's the real enemy?!", she pleaded them for the truth.

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t1003-esper-watabe-tsubasa

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:40 am

Guy nodded in understanding. Crossing paths with the occupants of the office had cut short his own investigations, and though the likelihood was that the warehouse had been stripped of anything useful or valuable, there was still a chance they'd overlooked something in their hurry.

He swept through the map, pointing to one of the locations marked out.

"You can cross this one off. I already paid them a visit earlier."

"Oh, and don't even think of telling anyone about me being here. I get in enough trouble just breaking uniform codes and curfew I don't need this tacked on there."

"I'll keep your secret if you keep mine." He had his own set of circumstances to worry about, after all. He'd already gained a bad enough reputation for getting into trouble without adding to it. Not to mention there were a couple of his students who were already on his case about his supposed hero complex.

"S-sorry to interrupt your strategy meeting, but... guys... just what the hell is going on in this city...? Please! Who's the real enemy?!"

Guy couldn't honestly say.

"I wish I knew." He admitted. "Right now, though, we need to treat anyone in authority with suspicion. There's no telling who's involved. I hate to say it, but we can't even trust Anti-Skill. Luckily, there are still a few decent people we can rely on."

As if on cue, Misaki came running through the door of the office.

"Sensei, I-" She recoiled in shock at the sight of the others, raising her remote and dropping into an exaggerated ready pose that resembled a gunman taking aim with their pistol.

"Relax, Misaki. They're on our side." Guy gently placed a hand on the remote to lower it with all the care of someone handling a loaded gun. That thing might well be more dangerous than any firearm, after all...

"That's good." Misaki hesitantly holstered the remote in her purse. "Oh." She spotted Aiko. "Aoki-san?"

Reina had been quietly observing the exchange. Something bothered her about the young man in red. Something that was difficult to put her finger on. Her ability gave her a visual expression of a person's emotional state, but right now he was...

Reina's attention was pulled from the unnerving thought by the screech of tires and the rumble of engines outside the warehouse that signaled the arrival of a new complication. She hurried to the door, peering outside to see a flood of bright headlights pointing towards the warehouse entrance from the newly gathered vehicles.

“What happened? And lead the way.”

"It's a little complicated. You see, this sort of thing is..." Naoto paused, considering how best to explain it. "I guess you could say it's a hobby of mine?" Was that the right way to put it? She'd have called it a side business if she earned any money off of it. But the kind of people she helped didn't tend to be the kind who could pay for the service. "Or maybe it's more like a community service. Saving people in tough spots." She smiled disarmingly. For such a serious-looking girl it was an unexpectedly gentle expression. "And right now it looks like someone else is about to be in need of a little saving."

The next station drew close and Naoto gestured for Kohaku to follow her to the doors. "We'll be getting a lift from here."

At the station entrance a vehicle was waiting. A gaudy-looking SUV driven by a bleach blonde youth who was the very image of a delinquent. "I hope you're not too put off by us Skill Out?" She adjusted the cap atop her head and gave that unusually charming smile again.

"Okay. So you're sure it's just the one guy at the door?" Rachel double-checked with Natsume.

"One hundred percent." Natsume confirmed. "One standing guard at the door and two doing checks on the rooms." Her wind communication spell had given her the location of the youths watching over them. "It takes them a little over 12 minutes to check the entire floor. So we'll have to be careful with our timing."

"Got it." She'd been paying attention, too. They came by every 2 hours judging by the clock on the heart monitor. That was when they administered the aneasthetic that was keeping Rachel from being able to use her ability. Why this Natsume girl could still use hers, Rachel couldn't tell, but it was at the end of that 2 hour period that she felt closest to being able to use her Harmonic Scramble. If she concentrated. Really, really concentrated, she could force it. A small noise. Hopefully enough to distract the guard. And then...

They hadn't figured that part out yet. But just knowing that much was enough to give Rachel a sliver of hope to cling to. She wasn't totally helpless. She could still do something.
Guy Li
Guy Li
A Certain Mysterious Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira Kohaku Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:44 am

In other words, Kohaku wasn’t the only one in any sort of danger and the mysterious savior found it best to kill two birbs with one stone. She could accept that. There being other people in danger in the vicinity, possibly due to the same root cause was far from the realm of possibilities.

It would be selfish of her to object. So, she simply followed along until she saw the SUV that they were approaching and would likely be their transport. Between lying on the floor and her recent running around and sitting on hard station chairs, this was a welcome improvement.

Even as she saw the fact that the getaway driver was clearly not someone who was living a squeaky clean life. Despite her recent experiences with the type, be they traumatizing or good, she could swallow down her pride and fear and know what had to be done.

Just like it was selfish of her to object to the change in plans, it would have been selfish of her to posit any gripes she had with the situation and even their getaway driver.

“At this point, I don’t think getting put out by them’s an issue given how many times they’ve been getting me out of binds over the past few days.”

That was her honest and absurdly frank judgment as she followed into the vehicle.
Kira Kohaku
Kira Kohaku
Level 4 Diagnosis Touch

Back to top Go down

Post  Saito Hirashi Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:50 pm

"S-sorry to interrupt your strategy meeting, but... guys... just what the hell is going on in this city...? Please! Who's the real enemy?!"

"I wish I knew." He admitted. "Right now, though, we need to treat anyone in authority with suspicion. There's no telling who's involved. I hate to say it, but we can't even trust Anti-Skill. Luckily, there are still a few decent people we can rely on."

“That is what I intend to find out, right now we just need to keep our mouths closed and eyes forward.”

It was at this point where Misaki came bursting into the office. Given Hirashi’s liking towards information gathering, the recognition was instant. Hirashi involuntarily took a step back in surprise, almost as if he was mirroring the level 5 before raising his hands when Misaki pointed her remote at him.

Judging from her sensei shout earlier, the Number Five was with Adult Teacher. And Hirashi was not a fan of getting done in by friendly fire.

"Relax, Misaki. They're on our side."

"That's good. Oh Aoki-san?”

Hoodie Girl seemed to know everyone around this part of town.

When Adult Teacher mentioned “a few decent people who we can rely on”, the Queen of Tokiwadai was certainly not what Hirashi was expecting. This new ally did not give Hirashi much confidence though, Adult Teacher had the #5 working with him and still was being run in circles by whoever orchestrated this. What could they achieve that a level 5 cannot?

The sounds of screeching tires and bright lights spilling into the open warehouse door interrupted Hirashi’s musings. Surely his companions knew what was about to happen, Hirashi wordlessly drew his nails and began scanning the warehouse for a good position from which to defend.
Saito Hirashi
Saito Hirashi
Level 2 Kinetic Flux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum