Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Kisaragi Anko Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:13 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[SS] Project Radio Noise

+9
[OLD] Shirai Kuroko
Mari Illustrious Makinami
Hujisaka Natsumi
Fujiwara Sayuri
Kerri McKinley
Meirin Sakamoto
Haragi Faye
Accelerator
Misaka Mikoto
13 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

[SS] Project Radio Noise - Page 11 Empty Re: [SS] Project Radio Noise

Post  Mari Illustrious Makinami Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:40 pm

After walking away from Sayuri, Mari pulled up her hood, hiding her face, and took a look at her cell phone, intrigued by what her partner Mack had told her,

Clones, huh? Mari though to herself, texting him back, 

Thanks for the info. Let me know when you need me, I'll have the item of Misaka's ASAP. The shirt too. Take care, Mack.

-Mari

I'll just have to make a quick trip back to my dorm with my powers later on. No worries this time around, I don't have a friend to sneak out, Mari smiled fondly, thinking of Sayuri, and began a fast walk, scanning the area around her, walking into an alleyway.

She didn't see any Judgement members to watch her use her powers, and she only had to use it for a second to save time.

As she entered the alley, she bent down slightly, and suddenly hopped a few feet into the air with little to no effort seen. She was heading to the wall of one of the buildings, and as it looked like she was going to hit the wall, she effortlessly pushed her foot against the wall, bending her leg, and bouncing against the wall of the adjacent building, going higher, and then using her other leg to push off of that wall, and go higher. She repeated the process a few times until she reached the rooftop of one of the two buildings.

Honestly, why do they even bother restricting people from using their powers? Nobody listens, and besides, it's fun as hell!

Mari thought, and started scouting out the area from the rooftop, trying to see and brown-haired, brown-eyed, middle-school girls, adjusting her glasses a bit to be safe.

She pulled out her phone to match the faces and uniforms of people around her to the image of Misaka Mikoto she had been sent. After confirming that no one matching her description, I started running and jumped off of the building I was on, going to the next one.

Mari used her power to increase her speed, and the length she could jump for longer gaps of the buildings she needed to use until she stopped on top of another building, and started looking around again. Nobody really noticed her, she was on top of some higher buildings, and when she wasn't, she made sure to kneel down to stay hidden behind some walls put on the other buildings. Her former leader also taught Mari to use her camera phone as a makeshift telescope. Besides, the people below here were all just focused on having a good time.

She repeated this process for several hours, and before she knew, is was almost noon,

Goddammit, where are you? Shouldn't a model student stay around her school?

Mari sighed, and started going to a different location, Well, I checked most of the area around this stupid place, might as well take a look at the illustrious Tokiwadai. Even if she's not there, I can sneak into her room and steal her shit if I need to,

Mari pocketed her phone, and started her usual building hopping routine,

Although, it certainly isn't as illustrious as Mari Illustrious Makinami. Mari chuckled at her own joke as she came close to Tokiwadai. As she did, she immediately stopped in her place when someone caught her eye.

She looked at a young girl observing some plushies in a toy store, and took out her cell phone, comparing the two, loking at the photo she had before zooming in on the girl in question. The hair, the eye color, the uniform, the face, there was no mistaking it. The third most powerful Level 5 esper in Academy City was here... looking at some sort of frog plushie,

Maybe she's one of those eccentric rich people? Then again, she's just fourteen, and what do i know about doll lovers? I was never into that girly crap, maybe it's common for girls her age to be into that kind of thing.

Mari watched what she thought was Misaka adjusting her uniform before walking away. Mari followed her, judging that she didn't need to take any extra precautions since she was on top of some pretty high buildings, and started thinking to herself,

But what's with those goggles she's wearing? Is it another bizarre fashion statement made by kids today, or... is she a clone of Misaka...?

Marui thought, leaping up onto a building as high as that of Tokiwadai Middle School, which the supposed Misaka Mikoto was passing by. She also watching her look at a man leaning on a wall near Tokiwadai, and continuing to walk past him, paying no mind. As she did this Mari started thinking,

Now what possession of hers should I take? as she continued to tail 'Misaka Mikoto'
Level 4 Force Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:44 am

"Misaka... D-does Accelerator intend to hurt you in this experiment tonight?"

"This Misaka will rendezvous with Accelerator for the Level six shift experiment where she will engage in combat until one combatant expires, explains Misaka plainly."

The clone met Kaede's gaze as the horrifying truth set in.

"Misaka likes her chances, Misaka confirms confidently."
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:33 pm

Haragi Faye

As he waited, nothing unusual changed from sensing the concentration levels of the environment around each of his OFR molecules located deep within the dark alleyways of District 15. To the people roaming by, Haragi was casted off as another regular student doing about his business in the shopping district. However, he was only present to investigate this certain girl's disappearance. Haragi paid no mind to anything around him, except to his OFR molecules.

It was then, someone familiar had stopped by in front of the window of the shop he was leaning against. A brown haired girl dressed in a Tokiwadai outfit mindlessly glared at the plushies behind the window of the store. Was it Misaka Mikoto? If that were the case, it would have been the perfect time to ask him about the conflicting matters between her and his sister. However, observing closely, she was wearing those signature goggles he had seen before. It was no doubt that this girl was Misaka's Imouto. The only difference from meeting her then, is that she was seen wearing a indistinguishable Gekota badge.

As she finished window shopping, she walked towards Haragi's direction. He closed his eyes to act like he wasn't concerned with her and waited for her to pass by. As shed did, Haragi opened his mouth,

"Isn't your sister going to worry about you... wondering alone like that?...."

Thinking about the events of their previous meeting, Misaka Mikoto seemed deeply concerned about her sister.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kaede Faye

A distinct shunning struck her brain as she heard the clones' shocking words.

"W-what?....."

Her now teary eyes widened, and her mouth loosened. Her sense of logic kicked in after realizing what the clone had said.

"W-what are... you saying?"

Her mouth whimpered as she asked for confirmation, and Accelerator's previous remarks once again played in her mind like he was indirectly taunting her.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t39-esper-haragi-faye

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:19 am

"Isn't your sister going to worry about you... wondering alone like that?...."

The clone stopped in her tracks as Haragi addressed her, and she turned her blank eyes towards him with a questioning air.

“Misaka is perfectly capable of looking after herself, Misaka shows her independence.” She tilted her head slightly to the side, blinking slowly at his figure.

“You are also alone, Misaka points out. Misaka thinks you should be more concerned about that fact, Misaka expresses her view frankly.”
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t81-esper-misaka-mikoto

Back to top Go down

Post  [OLD] Shirai Kuroko Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:55 am

The air felt heavy... 

Traces of destruction left behind in the scene behind the yellow tape that separated civilians from the darker side of Academy City was hard to imagine for some. To be completely honest even Kuroko very rarely came across a completely destroyed building in the commercial district where crime levels were unquestionably lower than areas flooded with SkillOut gangs. By the time she materialized at the scene the first thing she heard was the greeting of the 26 year old high school student that was desperately trying to earn credits so that he can get into Anti-Skill. 

It was an unfortunate time for Kerri as Kuroko was already slightly impatient, trying to get things done as soon as she can so that she won't keep Onee-sama waiting outside for long. Rather than a simple hello, Kerri was inquisitive today and asked her "What took you?" to which Kuroko decided to remain ignorant that he was there and focused on the task at hand. Was that a smug smile on his face? It looked like he was out to prove himself today, with what? she couldn't tell. Perhaps he tailed Meirin and they had a wonderful time together as they formed a forbidden relationship between two employees of Judgment. Hah that would be the day when Uiharu reveals her Esper abilities are to grow plants on her head. 

Hmm... a Lv5 Uiharu huh... she thought of something ridiculous to momentarily ignore Kerri's existence next to her. 

Level 5 Uiharu....? Nah can't be!:

If Kuroko thought of the possibility that Meirin and Kerri became lovers overnight (well it could explain why Kerri looked like he was refreshed from a night of hot passion...? No that's just wrong let's keep it PG) she dismissed the thought as soon as she imagined it and returned to the task at hand. 

"Mr.McKinley I think there is no reason for me to remind you that this is a crime scene, please focus your attention on the task at hand." 

Kuroko was 13 years old and the man she addressed as Mr.McKinley was 26 years old. He was twice her age and potentially was the oldest field agent in Judgment which really wasn't something to be proud of since the majority of the members of Judgment were students. Truth be told she had little to no admiration for the older male, he seemed unreliable as far as first impression goes and somehow gave off the slightly creepy aura about him that sent unsettling vibes at Uiharu in particular. Men are all the same and she derived that they don't tend to get any better with age either as she observed Kerri McKinley. Still, he was here to learn. Swallowing up his pride to address her as senpai even though he was twice her age, she had no respects for him but she couldn't exactly dislike this persistent attitude either. 

Whatever, only time will tell if McKinley is productive or not. Right now what was important was the work before her and she was not in the least bit motivated to humor McKinley nor babysit him with the investigations. 

Despite the debris and traces of wreckage with force great enough to blow holes through the walls and bend large construction beams as though it was made of play-doh, there was no sign of combustion anywhere. The debris felt clean, which was the first thing she noted as it didn't feel like the unprecedented terrorist attack was caused by bombing. If Shirai had to make a comparison it felt almost as if the cafe was blown apart from the inside, almost like how a balloon would explode if it contained more air than it can carry inside thus creating a invisible shock-wave that pushed away the building in all directions to blow it apart. 

To confirm her analysis she instantly teleported herself 5 stories above the wreckage of the crime scene to see the pattern of destruction left by the culprit when he activated whatever device or power at his disposal. Sure enough, as she descended down she witnessed a noticeable circular pattern around the seats closest to the window where the origin of this 'power' was activated. 

[SS] Project Radio Noise - Page 11 Falling_zps4a54fc5a

But that was the extent of what she could tell from her observation. It was too early to tell what truly caused the destruction. 

She might have labeled out common explosives known to countries outside of Academy City, but the fact remained that this crime happened within the very city where technology was 30 years more advanced than it was outside of it. Who knows what kind of new innovative explosives they created and were in use at present day. That's not to say that they could easily conclude that this wasn't an Esper attack, judging from the circumstantial evidence present at the wreckage there was a 50% chance that this was indeed a elaborate bombing organized by SkillOut using superior technological weapons they've acquired through the black markets. At the same time there was a 50% chance that yes this was caused by an individual with the power to create shock-waves at point blank range. 

If latter was the case then she had to think of whether it would be scientifically be possible to come out unscathed with the amount of destruction this power left behind upon activation. The walls were blown apart on all directions, furnitures smashed into bits of rubble and glass shards littered the grounds. No matter how she ran a small simulation, the power seemed too unstable for an individual to use without the chance that he would be caught up in the range of its destruction. 

Kuroko teleported once again, this time landing beside McKinley after observing the crime scene from a birds eye view. 

"I'm done here Mr.McKinley, I'll report my observations to the Anti-Skill and leave the rest to them. Did you have anything to report following up with yesterday's case with Meirin?" 
[OLD] Shirai Kuroko
[OLD] Shirai Kuroko
Level 4 Teleporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:14 pm

“What are you doing just loitering around here? Shouldn’t you be doing your job?”

Mikoto turned from where she was standing, surprise and confusion purely evident on her face as an Anti-skill officer approached her.

“Ah… I’m not-“

“Trying to make excuses now are you?” The woman frowned, glaring down at Mikoto. “You don’t even have your Judgement armband- are you a new recruit?”

Mikoto took a step backwards, eyebrows twitching. “That’s not-“

“Now now,” the woman gave the electromaster a hard stare, hands on hips. “Do they not even teach you the basics in Judgement training nowadays? Perhaps I should file a complaint for them to re-evaluate the current program. In my days, we had to undergo an extensive 5 day training with additional sessions during weekends-“

‘Geez, she sure loves hearing herself talk,’ Mikoto found herself thinking a few minutes later. The woman was still speaking; now reminiscing (rather boastfully) about how she had gained a special place in Anti-Skill after some heroic rescue as a lowly Judgement member. Frankly speaking, Mikoto really couldn’t care less.

‘And she was the one accusing me of not working…’

As the woman’s voice droned on, Mikoto's patience thinned at an alarming rate.

“-might not be much at the moment. But I promise you, if you work hard you will reap what you’ve sowed-“

Mikoto’s eyes wandered wearily along the streets. Couldn’t this annoying person see that she didn’t give a damn about whatever she was rambling? She had given up listening a long while ago. An irritated scowl passed through her expression when she caught sight of the clock atop a building nearby. Her junior had been gone for twenty minutes already. What was taking Kuroko so long? Anything to get away from this person…

A sudden movement caught her eyes at the entrance of a distant alleyway. Mikoto stared, eyes widening as a familiar figure dissolved back into its shadows.

‘What is she doing… Going into such a place…?’

“-maybe one day you will become a great Anti-Skill figure like me-“

‘Is she the girl I saw yesterday? Or could it be…’

“-be thankful to me then for telling you all this-“

Lips tightening into a thin line, Mikoto suddenly broke into a run down the street, leaving the woman still delivering her monologue to the empty air.

‘I’ll just take a quick look and she what she’s up to!

Meanwhile, the Anti-skill woman had finally realised that the “Judgement” girl had disappeared.

‘Huh? Where did she suddenly vanish to?”

She looked around the half-empty afternoon street but could not find the Tokiwadai student who had already sped around the corner, carried swiftly by her athletic legs. The Anti-Skill sighed, shaking her head wearily as she muttered with discontent.

“Kids these days… So disrespectful and irresponsible…”
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:37 pm

Natsumi yawned, and muttered.

"Fuck it, if I knew the wait was going to be so long, I would've gotten her schedule beforehand ... What to do..."

She took a pair of binoculars she had in her bag of clothes, and played around with them,

"...At that, for some odd reason, Hisakawa's been avoiding my calls, aside from those related to the experiments ... And those were yesterday."

She figured that maybe Hisakawa was traveling, but usually she kept contact even when doing so.

"Whatever..."

She took the binoculars to her eyes, and looked around randomly with them.

"Gotta admit those binoculars are pretty handy for ... Hm? Hmmmmmmmmmmm? What's that?"

While playing around, she spotted a figure on a rooftop.

"Hmmmmmmmm? Somebody's on a rooftop ... Is that person an idiot?"

Not that she was one to talk.

The figure had a hoodie, so her face couldn't be seen.

She observed closely, and saw that the hooded figure was looking downwards.

Following her gaze, Natsumi pointed the binoculars to what the figure was looking at.

What she found was Misaka Mikoto, and a black-haired man.

"...Misaka? No way, she didn't leave the school yet ... Which means ... That's a Sister, right...?"

She zoomed the binoculars to its maximum, and stared at the Sister and the man talking.

She was trying to read on their lips.

"Isn't your sister going to worry about you ... wondering alone like that?...."

“Misaka is perfectly capable of looking after herself, Misaka shows her independence.”

Natsumi smirked, this was interesting.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:53 am

"W-what are... you saying?"

"Misaka is intended as a training method by which the 'strongest level five' can attain the next stage in his ability development, says Misaka, clarifying even as she begins to doubt your security clearance." The clone seemed to be voicing suspicion.

"If you will excuse this Misaka, she has to prepare for the experiment, says Misaka as Misaka avoids probing further." For whatever reason she seemed content to overlook the possibility that Kaede might not be privy to the information she was revealing.
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:58 am

Haragi Faye

After Haragi's bold statement, the girl paused and turned towards him.

“Misaka is perfectly capable of looking after herself, Misaka shows her independence. You are also alone, Misaka points out. Misaka thinks you should be more concerned about that fact, Misaka expresses her view frankly."

She was right, but he had a reason to be here alone, standing and waiting. After momentarily sighing, Haragi opened his eyes, directing his attention towards the brown haired girl who looked distinctly like Misaka Mikoto herself. If she wasn't wearing those goggles, then he would have easily mistaken her for the Level 5 herself.

"Unlike you... I have business to take care of with someone... Right now.. I'm just waiting till he shows up... Speaking of which... you shouldn't be wandering near the alleyways here... take it as a warning...."

Kaede Faye

"Misaka is intended as a training method by which the 'strongest level five' can attain the next stage in his ability development, says Misaka, clarifying even as she begins to doubt your security clearance."

A Training method? Next Stage of Ability Development? All of what she said was foreign to her and none of it was even told to her by Yoshikawa, or anyone else for that matter, at all. There were hints and clues that she had passed by while developing the clones, but she acted completely oblivious to the overall situation.

Was it just this clone that had to go through with this horrible experiment? Or did the other before her go through with it as well? So many questions filled Kaede's mind. The clone looked bored as always as she explained a terrifying thing, as if she didn't have any sense of human logic.

"If you will excuse this Misaka, she has to prepare for the experiment, says Misaka as Misaka avoids probing further."

The clone was about to leave, but was forced to stay as Kaede grabbed her arm.

"Do you think I'd let you go right after telling me that? I agreed to create you and the rest of the sisters for researching the greater good of clone development in mind. I basically treated you all like my little sisters as you grew up in my care. Do you honestly think I would let you go off to do something really dangerous as that?? No matter which clone you are, and even if I wasn't the person who helped developed you, the Misaka Network should tell you how the other clones that I did look after feel about me and how I feel about you... right?, "

Kaede raised her voice, caring not if anyone else had heard her voice. She promised that she would help them, that she would be there for them regardless of any circumstance. The higher ups hid something huge from her when she was chosen for this job, and her premonitions of the Sister's horrid fate were slowly piecing itself to together. But why would the higher ups do this? Why didn't they say it upfront in the first place?
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:19 pm

"Unlike you... I have business to take care of with someone... Right now.. I'm just waiting till he shows up... Speaking of which... you shouldn't be wandering near the alleyways here... take it as a warning...."

If the girl understood Haragi’s warning, she didn’t show it, her expression or lack thereof revealing nothing of how she felt. Her blank eyes below the green goggles momentarily trailed towards the narrow alley beside them before turning back to the Esper.

“Misaka is very familiar with Academy City’s alleyways so she would never get lost, Misaka assures you. She is also very confident in her combat abilities.”

Her deadly serious eyes stared at Haragi relentlessly.

“Furthermore, Misaka thinks it’s very hypocritical that you would tell her not to wander around this area when you have obviously been standing here for quite a while yourself. Does the danger not apply to yourself as well, Misaka asks clearly, wondering if this is arrogance she is detecting.” 

Spoiler:

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerri McKinley Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:29 am

Kerri started writing down notes of what he saw from the destruction that laid before him, taking quick glances at Kuroko, who seemed to be starting him dow.... well, more like she was thinking about something and happened to be facing him. Her stare lost it's emotion after a minute, and her eyes went blank. Kerri noticed her face go red, and had a vague idea of what she was thinking,

Best not to think too deeply about it... if there's there's one thing I've learned from living here in Japan, it's that the people can be remarkably perverted, maybe even this little girl, 

"Mr.McKinley I think there is no reason for me to remind you that this is a crime scene, please focus your attention on the task at hand."

Apparently there is some reason, and you're just saying there isn't, or you're just wasting your breathe. Lying to me, or wasting my time, and your own breathe, I wonder what it is, He would have said if he wasn't on the job, but instead he simply responded with,

"Yes ma'am," He placed his arms to his side, a pencil in one hand, and notebook in the other, at his side in an attention stance, and gave her a stiff salute, before returning to writing notes about the scene before him, as Kuroko vanished somewhere else,

Kerri knew he didn't have her respect, and honestly had no personal interest in receiving it. He did want to be allowed to earn her trust. Professionally speaking, he needed it,

He gave the area a quick look around, and was impressed at the devastation. The walls had huge holes blown through them, construction beams were twisted and distorted from the heat, tables and chairs were reduced to splinters, everything had been blown away from a center point,

Kerri couldn't get a good idea as to exactly what kind of esper power could cause this, and suspected that there may be something more to this. Kerri looked to the restaurant owner, just as Kuroko appeared right next to him,

"I'm done here Mr.McKinley, I'll report my observations to the Anti-Skill and leave the rest to them. Did you have anything to report following up with yesterday's case with Meirin?" 

Kerri thought back to what he found, and decided that he would start earning her trust by showing that he was at least willing to ask for help,

"Actually, I did, but I was wondering if you could help me with something," He asked, curiously, "Well... I was hoping to interview the owner of the restaurant over there, and I just was hoping that you'd be willing to supervise me. To make sure that I asked him the right question, didn't veer off in the wrong direction. Provide... hopefully not a guiding hand, so much as a shove in the right direction if I miss anything."

Kerri stated, "Don't worry, I'll get into what I found with, afterwards... unless you have more pressing matters to attend to? If so, you don't need to help me, Kuroko-Senpai." Kerri said, without inflection, making him sound sincere. In truth, he did mean what he said, but he really hoped Kuroko would be willing to aid him. He wasn't used to asking people things without being a bit rough.
Kerri McKinley
Kerri McKinley
Level 2 Volt Streamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:16 am

“Furthermore, Misaka thinks it’s very hypocritical that you would tell her not to wander around this area when you have obviously been standing here for quite a while yourself. Does the danger not apply to yourself as well, Misaka asks clearly, wondering if this is arrogance she is detecting.”

Her words only assured Haragi of her obliviousness. It was common that people wouldn't understand Haragi's situation, and just brush him off as a regular Academy City resident. However, being part of the Dark side and carrying out missions whenever assigned makes one come to think that he can't ever return to the light, instead be surrounded by darkness.

Though, something of what she said interested him. The fact that she claimed to know about the Alleyways in District 15. But as with his observation, comes with suspicion and doubt. Could she really know about the current state of the alleyways? If this was the case, then Haragi might be able to get some leads off of her as well about Derek Walker. A supposed skillout member who leads a group selling drugs and the sort.

In response Haragi grunted following while closing his eyes,

"Who says I'm not in danger?.... I've been dealing with my life on the line throughout my life... and yet I'm somehow still alive..."

Haragi remained silent for a few moments before continuing,

"You said you know these alleyways well... right?.... Have you been through them recently?..."
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:35 am

"Who says I'm not in danger?.... I've been dealing with my life on the line throughout my life... and yet I'm somehow still alive..."

The clone did not reply but stared at Haragi with unblinking, blank eyes, seemingly content with the permeating silence between them.

"You said you know these alleyways well... right?....” Haragi spoke up after a moment, “Have you been through them recently?..."

“Misaka has, Misaka answers your question directly without hesitation.”

She fell into another silence, offering no further explanations.

Spoiler:

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:20 pm

“Misaka has, Misaka answers your question directly without hesitation.”

No further elaboration was made, just a simple statement without any reason following it. Of course, Haragi was a bit curious as to why Misaka's sister would be wandering around dangerous and sketchy alleyways when she could easily get attacked. But however, she did claim that she had combat skills which could have been why she's still here able bodied and alive or she could have been making up the whole thing.

Regardless, Haragi did not need to pursue why she claimed she had been around these alleyways unless she was involved with skill out which didn't seem like what your average Tokiwadai Student would do. Right now, Haragi would be able to use her knowledge, if she speaks truth, and possibly find leads about Derek Walker and his group of skill out.

"Is that so.... Well... For my next question... Have you seen any sightings of Skill out while you were wandering around in those parts?...."

His bored expression still corresponding with the sister's expressionless glare back at him. People around them would think that they were both having a nonchalant conversation, which technically was the case.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:53 pm

"Is that so.... Well... For my next question... Have you seen any sightings of Skill out while you were wandering around in those parts?...."

The girl remained silent for a moment, her stoic expression never altering.

“There are always Skill Out members wandering around the back alleyways of Academy City. Misaka tells you while being inwardly surprised that you don’t know this fact. However, if they are the “dangers” you spoke of, Misaka assures you they are quite harmless.”

Her blank eyes briefly darted toward the alley nearby before resting on Haragi’s form again.

“There are greater dangers hidden in those alleys, Misaka agrees with you to some extent, but such dangers would not apply to you. Even so, Misaka suggests you do not wander around those hidden places. Misaka takes her turn at being quite hypocritical.”

Spoiler:

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:36 pm

"Do you think I'd let you go right after telling me that? I agreed to create you and the rest of the sisters for researching the greater good of clone development in mind. I basically treated you all like my little sisters as you grew up in my care. Do you honestly think I would let you go off to do something really dangerous as that?? No matter which clone you are, and even if I wasn't the person who helped developed you, the Misaka Network should tell you how the other clones that I did look after feel about me and how I feel about you... right?, "

"This Misaka understands your concern, however this Misaka as well as her sisters were created with this purpose in mind. Explains Misaka." The clone said and she reached out to touch Kaede's shoulder. A quick spark of electricity would render the other girl unconscious and the clone caught the falling girl in her arms. She gently set Kaede down on the floor.

"This location has been compromised, Misaka reports to the Misaka network." She said aloud and offered a final, almost solemn glance towards the girl who would be her older sister.

When Kaede awoke, she would find herself in a bare apartment, spartan clean save for where she had fallen.
Guy Li
Guy Li
A Certain Mysterious Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:19 am

“There are always Skill Out members wandering around the back alleyways of Academy City. Misaka tells you while being inwardly surprised that you don’t know this fact. However, if they are the “dangers” you spoke of, Misaka assures you they are quite harmless.

There are greater dangers hidden in those alleys, Misaka agrees with you to some extent, but such dangers would not apply to you. Even so, Misaka suggests you do not wander around those hidden places. Misaka takes her turn at being quite hypocritical.”

It wasn't surprising to know that Misaka wouldn't be able to understand what kind of situation the Level 4 was in. His affiliation with the Dark Side was quite dangerous in itself. However, finding these thugs along with Derek Walker, was a task he chose to take on himself. But the fact that the sister claimed the alleyways contains much greater danger leaves him curious, but not tempted to pursue.

However, even though Misaka had mentioned that Skillout was active within the dark parts of this district, Haragi couldn't detect any differences in concentration within the air at the various locations he planted his stable OFR molecules. Maybe Skill Out weren't active in these parts of the district, but still it was strange given the sister's claims.

"The only thing you need to know is that... the regrets I've made in the past are the reason I'm still alive... and because that.... my life is always threatened.... I can never be someone that's within the light of Academy City... Not when have my priorities..."

He reminds himself of his own burden every single day. His reason for being expressionless and hard to approach is just to conserve his energy to carry out this burden as effectively as possible. But as of now, if the sister continues to haggle for responses out of Haragi, he might accidentally reveal confidential information. His eyes were directed towards the shop beside him, recalling the sister's earlier glances on a certain plushie.

"It seemed like you wanted that plushie... Am I wrong?"

Attempting to change the topic by quietly wording his sentence.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  [OLD] Shirai Kuroko Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:51 am

"Actually, I did, but I was wondering if you could help me with something," 

Her mind methodically went through the evidence one by one to make certain she didn't miss out any details all the while wondering what Kerri might need help with. For a second she could have sworn she heard her superior's words earlier this morning as Konori senpai lectured Kuroko to be "nice" to the newbie as much as possible. Was there a way to tell apart from being profession to sounding rude?

"Well... I was hoping to interview the owner of the restaurant over there, and I just was hoping that you'd be willing to supervise me. To make sure that I asked him the right question, didn't veer off in the wrong direction. Provide... hopefully not a guiding hand, so much as a shove in the right direction if I miss anything."

If Kuroko felt like telling him to use common sense to be the beacon of light that will guide him into asking the right questions, she neither showed it both on her face and in the tone she used to address his request, simply giving a quick approval to try and sort it out as quick as she can to not keep Onee-sama waiting too long. She wanted to get out of this as early as possible but she was called in as a representative of Judgment to take part in the case, she would need prioritize the job before her meeting with Onee-sama.

"Very well, let's go and see how you do. If you ask anything irrelevant I'll step in."

"Don't worry, I'll get into what I found with, afterwards... unless you have more pressing matters to attend to? If so, you don't need to help me, Kuroko-Senpai."

Pressing matters. Yes he got that right, there was a pressing matter in the form of a older Tokiwadai student who wore shorts in her skirt and stood out as a electric princess of Tokiwadai waiting outside the cafe ruins for Kurok.... Deh! Where did she go? She was just here a second ago...?

[SS] Project Radio Noise - Page 11 Kurokobadend_zps2456d0cc

Suddenly Kuroko's pressing matters decided to ditch her and wander off somewhere. She sighed and returned back to work mode.

"No, I don't have any pressing matters now."
[OLD] Shirai Kuroko
[OLD] Shirai Kuroko
Level 4 Teleporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:48 am

"The only thing you need to know is that... the regrets I've made in the past are the reason I'm still alive... and because that.... my life is always threatened.... I can never be someone that's within the light of Academy City... Not when have my priorities..."

The girl simply watched him silently. Whether she understood what he was saying or not, she gave absolutely no response.

"It seemed like you wanted that plushie... Am I wrong?"

The clone’s eyes were directed towards where Haragi was looking, and her expression remained a void when a certain plushie entered her line of sight.

“You are incorrect, Misaka answers. Those sorts of items are ill suited to Misaka’s preferences. Misaka explains honestly.”

As she spoke, slender fingers trailed over to the Gekota badge on her vest mindlessly, lingering upon it again. The girl didn’t seem to be even aware of her own hand’s possessive actions as she continued her strange manner of speech.

“Oneesama on the other hand, is the one who enjoys spending her resources on gathering childish and useless objects. Misaka lets you in on the shameful family secret.”

The girl gave a sly glance around as if to make sure no one around was listening in to the “secret”.

“She’s very dishonest about her preferences however, Misaka continues with a sigh.”

The girl with the goggles let out a dramatic woosh of breath as if her “older sister’s” habits troubled her greatly.

Spoiler:

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:53 pm

After barely listening to the reason why Misaka was concerned with the toy, Haragi more or less figured out the gist of her excuse. She implicitly wanted the toy even though she clearly stated that Misaka Mikoto was interested in those as well. Even if that was true, the sister stared at the plushie longer than usual which brings Haragi to believe that this was the case. He closed his eyes to gather these thoughts, while leaning back against the concrete wall behind him.

"In other words... you don't have enough money to buy it, huh?....

His consistent sigh kept up with his frustrated expression. He opened his eyes and focused his attention towards the plushie within the window.

"Well then....I guess it can't be helped... Wait right here...."

*Cue Necessary Music*

The spiky haired Level 4 approached the entrance to the store. He questioned why he was going to do what he was about to do. From his own domain of logic, he would say that it was only to shut her up from asking any more 'dangerous' questions that could leak his affiliation with the Dark Side. But he was lying to himself.

Beyond his own sense of logic, he couldn't really understand why even though it felt a bit awkward after knowing Misaka Mikoto and his sister upset each other. Maybe it was because he felt sorry for her not being able to have enough money to buy it? Maybe another reason? He felt like his conscience was pushing him to do this. He clearly didn't know.

Reaching inside the store, he spoke with the clerk and asked for the plushie in front of the store window. The store clerk asked if he was sure. Haragi nodded to confirm. Thus, he went to grab the toy in front, and came back with the price tag in his hands. It was 15000 yen. That was pretty expensive for a toy, but the boy remained unchanged. The store clerk looked at him and smiled,

"You know, you're a pretty good brother for buying something as expensive this for your little sister. All the little girls passing by the window seemed so happy to see this toy, but end up being disappointed because of the price tag. I can't imagine how lucky she would feel being the one the only girls to have something like this."

Haragi looked up, surprised to hear this.

"Sister?...."

The store clerked adjusted his hat,

"Well yeah, that's your sister waiting outside right? You are buying it for her?"

Even though he knew how wrong the clerk was, he didn't have the time or energy to waste correcting him. He stared into space,

"Y-yeah... whatever...."

He took out his wallet, only to see he barely just about had enough to buy the toy. After he handed the money over to the clerk, he was pretty much broke for the rest of the day. He was then handed the little frog plushie in his hands. Glancing at the toy, he could recall seeing something like this from around Academy City. It was a popular mascot known as the Gekota frog. After he received his purchase, he left for the store exit while muttering to himself,

"Tch...It's ridiculous that kids these days like this stuff.... What a stupid toy..."

After seeing Misaka waiting outside, Haragi tossed the fluffy toy over to the sister.

"Here you go... do what you want with it... I won't care..."

He responded in a cold tone. Haragi walked past her just about to take his leave to another area to patrol for his suspect.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:09 am

"In other words... you don't have enough money to buy it, huh?.... Well then....I guess it can't be helped... Wait right here...."

A mild look of surprise overcame her usually empty expression.

“Hold on, that was not what Misaka was saying-“

But the guy had already disappeared in the store. The girl blinked after him, her look of surprise transforming into one of pure bewilderment before fading into her default blank.

“What is he doing, Misaka ponders to herself…”

Haragi soon walked out again and the girl’s eyes widened upon seeing the Gekota plushie in his hands.

"Here you go...”

The soft toy flew towards her and she caught it with surprise.

“Do what you want with it... I won't care..."

The clone hardly heard him as she stared into the smiling face of the plushie, sitting so happily in her hands. Her fingers curled around its soft, squishy body and her lips curved slowly curved into a small smile of her own.

She looked up just as Haragi was about to leave.

“Why did you purchase this, Misaka questions your actions in complete confusion. Misaka specifically informed you that this kind of childishness does not match up to her preferences…”

She looked down at the plushie again, the small smile still unfaltering.

“Still… Misaka supposes she should thank you, to exercise proper good manners.”

Spoiler:

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:25 pm

The sister expressed her gratitude, while being confused about the situation. As Haragi heard this, he paused his movement while gritting his teeth and tightening his fists. Her gratitude towards him is just pointless. A person like him should never be thanked after his own terrible deeds from the past.

"Someone like you shouldn't feel fortunate of me... Think of it in a way where I'm indebted to you... because that's how it really is and will always be..."

He still had to atone for his sins, but again he was lying to himself using such a logical excuse he would find make sense. He still had no clue why his conscience lead him to buy her such an expensive toy. He started his pace once again while his last words from his mouth were,

"Haragi.... my name is Haragi Faye...."

He walked off into the next section of the District, away from the sister who potentially made him feel weak.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerri McKinley Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:54 am

Kerri noticed Kuroko turning back to some of the onlookers outside the restaurant. Suddenly, Kerri could see a look of severe...disappointment it appeared to be.

"Um..." Kerri was about to speak when Kuroko turned to face him, shaking off the mood she was briefly in,

"No, I don't have any pressing matters now." Kuroko said, in a focused tone. Kerri just decided to let it pass and get to work,

"If you say so," He said,

Kerri walked up to the owner of the restaurant, who had just been finished being questioned by an Anti-Skill member. He took out his blank notebook and pencil, and got the man's attention,

"Excuse me," Kerri asked, but the man seemed out of it. He seemed to be spacing out, probably because his establishment had been turned into a parking lot, "Hey!" Kerri said, with more force, catching his attention. The man turned to him, and Kerri saw that his right arm, and the right side of his face had some bandages on him. 

"What!? Wh-what is it? I've already answered to you Anti-Skills, can't I just-"

"Actually, we're from Judgement," Kerri stated, pointing out his and Kuroko's armbands, "We need to ask you questions as well." Kerri stated. The man opened his mouth to ask something, but Kerri interrupted him again, "And if you're going to point out my own age discrepancy, don't. I need to ask you about this to save both of us time," Kerri stated bluntly. The man nodded reluctantly, annoyed at kerri, but much more anxious to leave his destroyed cafe.

"Well... what exactly do you want to know?" 

Better be thorough and start from the beginning. I can't just ask him for information from just Anti-Skill. There's always a chance of negligence on their part in asking questions.

"Aright, tell me about what happened before the explosion occurred." Kerri thought for a moment and figured that he'd have to be more reasonable, unfortunately, and give the man a simpler task, "Just a quick summary of what had occurred before the incident, I'll ask you a few questions here and there. After that, you'll need to go into thorough detail of what happened a few moments in the restaurant." Kerri told the man,

"A-alright, but do we... have to do it now? I did all of this before and-" Kerri interrupted him again, saying,

"That wasn't a request sir, it was a demand." Kerri told the man. Looking at the man, he sighed, realizing that he had been harsh, "Sorry, first case, nerves." Kerri said, shooting an apologetic look to the man, and then to Kuroko, to look at her reaction,

He then started writing down notes as the man went on to explain the events of the morning and afternoon. Kerri asked several questions about several points to be thorough. The summary itself took longer because of him constantly probing into little details, constantly pausing to turn to Kuroko to see is she had anything to tell him, and listening if she did. Oddly enough, it was actually a bit abnormal how he wanted to cut out any banter, small talk, or complaints from the cafe owner. At least odd for a Judgement member who had only joined very recently.
Kerri McKinley
Kerri McKinley
Level 2 Volt Streamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Charles Duvivier Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:12 am

The Misaka clone seemed to be something of a rather anomaly. For one, they must have been produced. Though he was sure magic could possibly do something if it was strong enough. It wasn’t likely that anyone of such a powerful force would even been in academy city. So the only real explanation would be that it was the clone of someone who was called Misaka, which he landed up looking up himself. The only information he managed to get out of his own research at this moment. Was her name was Mikoto Misaka. 

So this is how the game will begin, he thought to himself as he walked down the path before him. He had decided to keep himself in a more casual attire for the day, a white dress shirt with a black 3 button jacket on top of hit. He had on dress pants, and his normal cologne. He had managed to brush his hair this day, and decided that eating breakfast before he left for his next step in his plan was just a needed necessity as he wasn’t going to eat probably for the rest of the day. Indeed, he needed to hound down this Mikoto person, and possibly figure out what connection they would have wanted to use her for. Why would they bother using a person to make a clone? Was she someone of great value? He wasn’t ever really certain when it came to certain aspects.

No it was best that he tried to keep some sort of focus on this mission. Though of course it could be to some extent quite interesting for him, to gain more information. He could send it to the church, at least it would fit in his report. He just needed to make sure he was ready for anything, though people probably would have wondered why he would be walking around with chains. So for the best of all situations, he decided for now he would make more use of stealth and other means over actually using any of these abilities. He pulled out his cell that he had obtained and looked over the gps  that was located on it. It showed him many different locations and inputted data he managed to put into it based on his individual research into it. He needed to be able to hack to gain information, or it would be fairly hard to get any form of information from academy city.

He kept his general pace, avoiding the people that were around him for the most part. Watching each face as he kept on his true neutral face on. The sort of blank emotionless eyes just watching the people around him, suspecting the majority of them of being nothing more then liars or people who would otherwise betray one other. Just useless people, tools that could easily be used for him…if he ever felt the need. No it was best he didn’t think in such a matter, he needed to maintain a more straight forward view on his plans.  If he felt like he needed to kill anyone at this moment I could compromise his own plans. He needs to find this Mikoto, and observe her…or at the least hunt down that clone he had met.
Charles Duvivier
Charles Duvivier

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Illustrious Makinami Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:49 am

Mari leaned on the railing of the building as she observed 'Misaka Mikoto' stopping and turning back to the man with the black spiky hair. Despite her aloof position, she was prepared to move in a moments notice if the situation required her to,

Great, now I've got to wait until she's done speaking to this guy. Mari shifted to a different angle of the building, and pulled out her cell phone to get a look at the expressions of the two.

The man had a fairly bored expression, but a few creases on his face told Mari that he was... irritated with something. And 'Misaka Mikoto's' face was blank.

Man, and I thought Mack was the epitome of dullness. She thought, watching the two of them chat.

Mari also noticed some sort of green badge clasped onto 'Misaka Mikoto's' shirt, What's that...? Something that I can use? I'll need to get a closer look as soon as she's alone,

She put her phone away, and just leaned on the railing, bored, waiting for something to happen.

And  waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting until...

The black haired boy walked into the toy store, away from 'Misaka Mikoto'.

Oh thank god, finally! Mari pushed herself off of the bar, standing up stock straight, prepared to move as soon as her target did. Now, as soon as you start moving again, I'll follow you and... why aren't you moving?

Mari thought, impatiently. She was very anxious to get out of the spot she'd been waiting in for what felt like an eternity for her, when it was just fifteen minutes,

Don't you dare wait for that spiky haired guy! Just turn to your left-or your right, I'm flexible-and leave before- Mari's thought process stopped as soon as the black haired boy walked out of the shop, and their conversation resumed,

Oh, screw you spiky-haired guy! Mari thought bitterly, slumping back onto the railing. Howvever, the conversation this time was but a brief one. The man with the black, spiked hair went his own way, and 'Misaka Mkoto' went her own, holding some sort of green doll... a frog perhaps?

Are stuffed animal's really that fascinating? I mean, I used to tear them up as a kid, so I guess I can't appreciate them after using a single doll once... they should have made those things more durable,

Mari thought, calmly walking to the side of the building where it's alley was, and looked down to make sure that no one was around.

No one on the ground, meaning I can do this-

Mari slightly bent her leg and straightened it, increasing the force to to lift her body up, onto the railing, and as she stepped onto the railing, she let her opposite foot stretch forward, and allowed herself to fall to the Earth, slipping off the rail. She used her ability to manipulate the force of her limbs movements and make sure that she land on her feet.

Mari had just casually dropped several stories from the top of a building, and she did that-

-inconspicuously.

Mari calmly walked out of the alley, pretending that she was just any other passerby, walking through alleyways and whatnot. 

Little did she know she had a spectator observing her the whole time.
Level 4 Force Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next