Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Aoki Aiko Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:54 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[SS] Project Radio Noise

+9
[OLD] Shirai Kuroko
Mari Illustrious Makinami
Hujisaka Natsumi
Fujiwara Sayuri
Kerri McKinley
Meirin Sakamoto
Haragi Faye
Accelerator
Misaka Mikoto
13 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

[SS] Project Radio Noise - Page 10 Empty Re: [SS] Project Radio Noise

Post  Mari Illustrious Makinami Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:36 pm

As the pizza finishes heating, Mari opens the door, and it hit by a puff of steam, fogging up her her glasses,

Mari turns from the heat, wiping her glasses off with her tie, The most practical use for a tie I can think of, and noticing Sayuri holding up her whiteboard, the words blurred due to her vision.

However, Mari was able to make out the blurred words after bending forward and squinting. Most assumed that without her glasses, Mari couldn't see anything unless it's right in front of her nose. She was near-sighted, but it was just a minor inconvenience. She did have trouble reading things and identifying people by their faces, but she was still perfectly capable of handling herself. She also happened to only be a few feet away from Sayuri.

Though, the 'blind as a bat' belief would be a good excuse for not seeing what was written on the whiteboard,

"Ah, sorry Sayuri, I can't see that right now. Let me just find my oven mitts and some juice for us, and I'll be right there," She said stiffly, trying to seem happy, turning around and placing her glasses back on.

Mari turned around, and cautious to keep her face either hidden behind a seperating wall, or turned away from Sayuri, as she dawned a nervous look on her face, recalling Sayuri's writing,

"Say Mari-san do you believe in magic?" Sayuri wrote out tilting her head to the side.

...Magic? She's asking me about... "magic"? And the constant silence... the bar falling, the shower 'going silent' as she put it and that white board, and that constant writing... no, the fact that she can't speak... it makes sense if she can use that weird power... that "magic" or whatever like other "magicians" as they call themselves. That's not a problem but... Mari grabbed the oven mitts and brought the pizza over to Sayuri, looking at her innocent face, Is this kid dangerous like the others I've been told about? Mari gives Sayuri a curious look, and quickly grabs a container of fruit punch from the fridge before looking at her whiteboard again, and smiling,

"Do I believe in magic? Well... Yes and no. I mean, I certainly think it's possible, since I'm basically living in a small nation of teenagers with superpowers, but in the city of science, most people don't believe in things like magic or religion. Heck," Mari says, placing one hand on her head, "if my boss never told me to keep and open mind, I'd probably just laugh right here and call you silly. So to answer your question... I don't know, Sayuri," Mari stated honestly.

She took the pizza apart, ripping it in half, whispering a curse or two from the heat, and giving one half to herself, and the other (bigger one) to Sayuri,

"Do you believe in magic?" She asked the young girl, amused at how excited she looked at the pizza in front of her.
Level 4 Force Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Fujiwara Sayuri Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:54 pm

"Do you believe in magic?"
Sayuri nods before taking a slice and began eating it.

After finishing the pizza quietly (not like she could make much noise anyway) she grabbed her whiteboard and began writing.
"Ofcourse, I'd be a poor excuse of a magician if I didn't" Sayuri reached into her pocket with her other hand and withdrew her pocket mirror. "I want to show you something"

Sayuri walked over to Mari's desk and picked up some pens and pencils placing them on the table.
Looking down at the table she silently murmured some unknown words and her pocket mirror began to glow slightly but after more observation it was actually the mirror radiating a light source as if it was a window.

Carefully Sayuri placed the mirror next to the table where she placed the pens and pencils. Using her other hand she put her hand through the mirror as if it were an open window and grabbed the reflection bringing it into the real world.
It could only be described as surreal as your mind wanted to tell you it was an illusion but to completely mess with your mind even more Sayuri handed Mari the pens and pencils along with their reflected versions which she had brought out of the mirror.

Sayuri smiled and almost laughed at the reactions she saw from Mari. It had been the first person she had shown this to who didn't seem to know about her abilities beforehand.

~Mirror371

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Illustrious Makinami Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:51 am

Mari and Sayuri ate in silence after Mari had posed her question to Sayuri about whether or not she believed in magic. After finishing, Sayuri had written something on her whiteboard the caught Mari's attention,

"Of course, I'd be a poor excuse of a magician if I didn't" Mari stares at Sayuri questionably as she takes something out of her pocket,

A mirror...? Mari looked at Sayuri's whiteboard again as she wrote something else on it,

"I want to show you something"

"...Sure, what is it?" Mari asked cautiously,

Mari stands up watches Sayuri run past her and to her work desk to grab some pencils and pens on top, then put them onto the table, placing the mirror onto the same table. What happened next had Mari in awe,

First, Mari noticed Sayuri muttering something she couldn't read from her lips, and something she certainly couldn't hear. Then, she noticed some sort of light shining on the pencils and pens placed, and she turned to see that it was coming from the mirror Sayuri placed on the table,

"The hell...?" Mari muttered to herself, bending to the side to look into the mirror, seeing nothing but light, and otherwise, a reflection of the pencils, just one that was glowing... oddly enough, she didn't see herself in the reflection, Is there some sort of LED in that thing? Straightening herlsef up, she watched Sayuri reaching for the mirror, and then her eyes went wide with shock,

Sayuri had just placed her hand inside the glowing mirror,

Wh-wh-wh-what the-!? Mari bent forward, lifting her glasses up quickly to make sure that they were working right. On or off, at this close range, what she was seeing was in fact reality,

The young girl Sayuri reaching inside of a mystical mirror, and currently pulling something out,

Mari just continued to stare, agape, and watched as Sayuri brought out a regular set of pencils and pens. At first, Mari relaxed slightly, but then realized that though it was a normal set of pencils and pens, each pencil and pen looked different and very familiar. Each being an individual one that mari had picked up for her own use around school. Each indivdual pencil being a perfect replica of another individual pencil in the original pile.

Then, Mari slammed her hands onto the table, her face aghast in shock by what she had just witnessed, and her mouth had closed, her lips pressed together,

They were copies.

Copies made with magic-no, made by the little girl in front of her who could use magic,

A real life magician.

"I... I don't know what what to say... hehe..." Mari was still adjusting to what she had just seen. The laws of physics and reality promptly trampled by a little girl weighing less then one hundred pounds,

Mari pushed herself off the table and tried to balance herself, and decided to reach out to the pencils, slowly, to make sure that they were real. Instead of being able to pace herself and slowly reach for the newly made set of pencils and pens, Sayuri had placed the original set of pencil's and pen's into Mari's left hand,

Before she could protest, Sayuri had forced the other set onto Mari's right hand, which clenched up, and almost snapped them all to pieces,

Mari stared at both sets of writing implements, weighing them, looking closely for any discrepancies or differences, and had begun to relax,

She then looked to Sayuri, who had a big grin on her face, and then, "Pffft-Hahahaha!" Mari burst out laughing, taking a seat in the chair behind her, and placed her right hand, still filled with pencils, and continued laughing, "Ahahaha-I-Haha-I was so freekin' surprised-Hahahaaaaaa!" Mari takes a minute to breathe and face Sayuri, "Ahahaha, that's one way to make someone a believer Sayuri," She stated, wiping a tear that had formed on her face from laughing so hard,

"Seriously though, that was incredible! And I thought my Esper power was cool!" Mari stated excitedly, "So you can copy things with a mirror!? Can you do anything else!? Is your power what let's you avoid making noise!?" Mari asked, unaware of the sensitive subject she had touched upon.
Level 4 Force Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Fujiwara Sayuri Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:24 am

"no. Its what has kept me alive" Sayuri's smile faded. "My magic allows me to reflect anything and I reflected a harmful spell. "

Sayuri quoted the text. "She will never be heard from again... "
"I am unsure how I managed to alter the original spell, but I guess its better than dying"

Wiping away some forming tears Sayuri tried smiling but it seemed like a forced smile.
"I can't keep crying or sister will only get annoyed with me" Sayuri wrote as she recalled the last memories she had with her sister. A scene during the festival where Sayuri got upset for losing a gift bracelet she was given by her sister, in the end her sister scolded her and bought her a new bracelet.

The duplicated items disappeared from Mari's hands as Sayuri dispelled her magical effect on her pocket mirror. The room seemed no different to how it was before Sayuri cast her spell.

~Mirror371

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Illustrious Makinami Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:55 am

"No. Its what has kept me alive" Mari's excitement faded as Sayuri's smile did the same,

"My magic allows me to reflect anything and I reflected a harmful spell. " Mari pursed her lips together, looking at Sayuri sadly as she wrote something down silently...

"She will never be heard from again..." Mari kept it to herself but assumed that it was what the Magician used on her, the spell. And she had learned of the alternative meaning off silencing someone. She knew it very well. I am unsure how I managed to alter the original spell, but I guess its better than dying

Mari sat silently, waiting for Sayuri to say everything she had to say. She didn't want to interrupt, she wanted to hear everything she was willing to say. Mari noticed some tears forming in the corners of Sayuri's eye, and as she was going to wipe them up herself, ah watched Sayuri wipe them herself, forcing an obviously fake smile. Mari barely registered the copies made by Sayuri fade away, as she set the real ones on the table,

I can't keep crying or sister will only get annoyed with me She stated, as she began to think about something. As she did, Mari took a minute to think about what to do next,

Great, I just made a little girl cry. What should I tell her... I want to cheer her up, she's a sweet kid, and she... actually trusted me enough to her magic to me... Mari thought, and then decided on what course of action to take,

She moved her chair close to Sayuri, and when she had gotten out of her thoughts, she pulled her close in a tight hug,

"Hey, listen..." Mari stated, carefully, "I had a friend who told me something that still keeps enthusiastic about getting up it the morning," She said gently to Sayuri, "It's that life is completely unpredictable. Some days, it may seem like nothing will ever work out, but," She hugged Sayuri tighter, "no matter how bad it seems, you'll never know what'll happen next if it ends." She looked at Sayuri,

"What I'm saying is, this... spell may be a burden for you, and maybe it will make things difficult some times, but that doesn't mean that you're going to be miserable every waking moment of you're life. You were having a nice time with me before, right? You're a sweet girl, and you have this amazing power. And most of all... think about how your sister would feel if she knew you even considered dying without seeing her again." Mari told Sayuri. "She doesn't want you to feel like this... she'd want to see her baby sister with a real smile on her face. You may have a curse but... at least you're still blessed with a great sister, right?" Mari smiled, trying to quell the anxiety in her stomach. She was trying, but in truth she didn't know how well she was doing. All she was hoping for was to cheer her new temporary roommate up.
Level 4 Force Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Fujiwara Sayuri Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:21 pm

"Don't worry, I'm sure things will turn out alright" Sayuri wrote before starting to put on a genuine smile again as she wrote her next sentence. "I wonder if I should learn sign language?"

Sayuri yawned and looked out the window which was pitch black. Noises could be heard from outside in the corridor as students rushed off to their rooms.
"We should get some rest too. Tomorrow I'll keep looking for my sister"

~Mirror371

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Illustrious Makinami Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:13 am

"Don't worry, I'm sure things will turn out alright" Sayuri wrote before starting to put on a genuine smile again as she wrote her next sentence.

"That's the spirit." Mari said, smiling,

"I wonder if I should learn sign language?" Sayuri asked Mari,

"Mmm... maybe, but then people may just think you were deaf. If you think it'll be useful, I don't see why not,"

Sayuri let out a silent yawn, and looked to the window. Mari followed her gaze to see the pitch blackness of night. She didn't feel very tired, but it was probably late for Sayuri. She may be a magician, but she was just a kid...

"It's getting late," For you at least kiddo,

"We should get some rest too. Tomorrow I'll keep looking for my sister"

"Sure, sounds good Sayuri," Mari said,

She directed her over to her room, showing her where she'd be sleeping,

"This is my bed normally, but since you're my guest, I'm gonna let you use it, I'll just sleep on the floor." Mari noticed a concerned look on Sayuri's face, and stoped her before she could could write anything, choosing her words carefully, "No, I don't... want to discuss this any further." She said sternly, "You are sleeping in this bed, young lady, and that's final!" She said with a slight grin, patting her on the head,

"After that, you'll have some breakfast with me, and then you look for your sister. Sweet dreams," Mari tld Sayur, patting her on the head, and heading into the other rm,

Next, she did the only thing she could do; take some sheets from her closet, and use them to try making the floor more comfortable. As she did, she noticed a small black trunk in her closet. She turned back behind her to make sure Sayuri didn't see, and covered the chest with some clothes hanging, to make it look like she was just messy. It was locked anyway, so she wouldn't be able to open it, but she preferred to play it safe.

After picking up Sayuri's old dress, and placing it somewhere to wash for her later on, and taking out her own sweatjacket she lent Sayuri from the bathroom. After which, she just decided to lay down anywhere, placing the sheet under herself and rest,

I should get some rest soon Mari thought, quickly taking out her phone and replying to the man Mack, who texted her earlier,

Shirt, check. Getting an item of Misaka Mikoto's next. Tomorrow. Send more info on the situation later too. Take care Mack, Mari hit send, and sent the messagee to her partner, setting it aside for later when she needed it. She decided she'd rest now, and wake up, getting busy tomorrow,

As she faded into sleep, she had one last thought, Misaka Mikoto... what's Tokiwadai's golden girl gotten herself into...?

Late in the night, a man with a thick head of messy, dark hair, stepped out of an alleyway, rotating his shoulder. He had a strong build, and his eyes were empty. Almost dead looking,

"Dammit." He said to no one in particular, with no emotion in his voice, "All I want is to enjoy a peaceful stroll in the night, and I have to deal with Skill-out thugs." He said, walking away from the piled up unconscious body's of three Level 0's. They had tried to get the jump on him earlier, thinking he was just a weakling they could take advantage of. Needless to say, they were very surprised to learn he could fight back,

"On of them even banged up my shoulder with a pipe. But oh well, I'm not dead and I can still move my body, so i'm pretty happy about how it ended overall," he said in the same monotone voice, his face's expression unchanging,

He stepped lazily onto the sidewalk in a pair of dark, junky sneakers, walking nowhere in particular. Other then the bruised shoulder, the man was in perfect condition, and appeared healthy,

Then, he pulled out a candy bar, and started munching on it without enthusiasm, thinking to himself, Hmmm... I wonder how Mari's doing... normally she responds to my texts... actually, no, she usually takes a while, so it's not unusual for her to make me wait. What would be unusual- Suddenly, the man's cell phone buzzed,

He took it out, and looked at the disposable phone, Maybe I should be worried, she's not usually as punctual unless I tell her to respond ASAP, the man thought, reading the message,

Shirt, check. Getting an item of Misaka Mikoto's next. Tomorrow. Send more info on the situation later too. Take care Mack, the man named Mack's facial experssion changed slightly, his facing coming somewhat close to forming a smile. Nodding, he responded quickly,

Glad to know you're doing well. I'm afraid I have little to no info. We're on a need to know basis as of now. I received an image to memorize of one Kaede Faye, and was told to get a good idea of what she looks like as well as look up where she lives. She's probably my target, if we're needed. Mack stopped and thought a moment, This is speculation on my part, which I've taken to a grain of salt, but there are rumors going around about Misaka Mikoto having been cloned. Details are sketchy, but there have been whispers about seeing her in spots that you wouldn't see the poster child of supposed elegance... as I said, it's speculation, but... it's all I know. I'll respond to you with any information i have when I can.

Sincerely, Mack,

P.S. Also, be sure to brush your teeth if you're still awake. If you aren't, brush extra hard in the morning. And for the love of god, buy some floss, it'll really help your teeth,
Mack sent the message, and put his phone away, continuing his walk. He had been thinking to see if he could think up any possible reason they would be forced to get involved with a level 5.

Now, he had simply resolved himself to waiting for more instructions from their current employers, he took another bite out of his candy bar thinking about his target,

And what does a Level 2 Medical Assistant have to do with the 3rd strongest Level 5 in Academy City? He wondered, still walking calmly to nowhere in particular,

Last edited by Mari Illustrious Makinami on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Level 4 Force Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Fujiwara Sayuri Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:23 pm

23rd July

Sayuri woke up as the morning sunlight beamed through the gaps in the curtains. As she stretched she looked around for Mari who seemed to already be up.

She wasn't too sure what she was going to do now since the dorms seemed to be really busy with students walking about. It'd be hard to walk outside without being spotted.
Getting dressed in the uniform Mari had provided her, she wandered out to the kitchen area.

"Good morning" Sayuri said instinctively but realised once again about her curse and simply waved for attention. The flickering of the morning light seemed to catch Mari's eye and she then paid attention to her guest.

~Mirror371

Back to top Go down

Post  Meirin Sakamoto Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:58 am

Meirin watched Accelerator leave, then waited another five minutes just to be safe. She stood and stretched as soon as he was gone, happy to finally be done waiting for him to leave his apartment. After about twelve seconds of surveying the area after her wait, she climbed down from the building, crossed the street, and entered the apartment complex like she belonged there, pulling something out of her pocket as she did so. This "something" was a handful of simple paperclips, and would prove useful to her in the coming moments.

She reached Accelerator's door and did a lap around the building, attempting to find out just how nosy the neighbors were. She decided that she wouldn't be bothered, even if she kicked the door down. However, she had a much less destructive idea on her mind. As she walked, she played with the handful of paperclips, slowly melting them into a small, moldable mash of metal that glowed orange. She then took her time pressing an end into a shape that looked something like a chisel. When she reached Accelerator's door again, she set to work dismantling his doorknob with her improvised screwdriver. It took her approximately six minutes to get into Accelerator's apartment, where she then took another six minutes to put his doorknob back together, though this time from inside the apartment.

Then her search began. She found nothing of interest besides a few documents, but those documents were far more interesting than she'd imagined. She read them carefully, then snapped some photos with her phone before leaving, making sure everything was the same way it had originally been. She then began attempting to track down Accelerator in earnest.
Meirin Sakamoto
Meirin Sakamoto
Level 4 Flash Point

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerri McKinley Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:07 pm

After several hours, Kerri watched Accelerator finally stroll out of his apartment, lazily swinging the door behind him closed. As he watched Accelerator intimidate another resident of the building just by walking near him, he looked back towards the door, and made sure to stay inside of the small alleyway he was hiding in, taking a second to look at the top of the building the red haired girl was hiding on top of,

Alright red-head, he's gone, so ll's see what you do next, Kerri stated, pulling out his disposable cell. These disposable's were unique n the fact that they actually had camera's built into them. This also included a zoom feature,

Kerri just stood in the alley's darkness, waiting, and after five minutes heard footsteps, noticing the red haired girl running past him,

He creeped out of the alley to take a look at what she was doing, and zoomed in on her with his phone. As soon as she reached the apartment, he viewed her sprint around the building, and only assumed that she was scouting out the area,

At minimum, she has the common sense to make sure no one can observe her breaking and entering,

He then viewed her stop in front of Accelerator's door and reach into her pocket for something,

He tried to zoom in closer with his phone, but could only see that something was making steam in her hand and it glowed. It was safe to assume she was melting some sort of metal down. After a moment, he saw that what she made was a thin piece of metal, which she used to take the door's doorknob apart.

Kerri had to wait for a few minutes after she entered the apartment, and fix the doorknob she had pulled apart, for her to leave.

I hope she isn't totally destroying the apartment in there, Kerri thought worriedly,

He then watched her run off, presumably to continue tracking down Accelerator, Well, I can't do two things at once, and I'm alone here. Looks like I'll have to focus on Accelerator's apartment... it doesn't hurt to double check in case you miss anything, and besides, Kerri stepped out of the alleyway, I need to be sure of something,

And walked up to the apartment, taking a casual walk around the building to see if there was anyone around. It never hurts to be thorough. After which, he observed the door, and it appeared to have no other locks except the one on the doorknob, and the red haired didn't have any trouble after bypassing that, so there were no locks inside the apartment.

Kerri looked around for anyone that could see him and pulled out something from his wallet.

A debit card, constantly scanning left and right, and even looking back over his shoulder a few times, he slowly slid the card in, until he felt it hit the doorjamb. He then bent the card so that it pushed the doorjamb back and allowed Kerri to pull the door out, and he let himself in,

Still can't believe the credit card trick will work on the doors of the future... I guess petty thieves won't have to worry about improvising much over the next thirty years while the rest of the world catches up with Academy City... though they'll definitely have to worry about doorjambs that don't have the slant facing them, I happened to get lucky this time.

Kerri quickly slid into the apartment, noticing the doorknob was a little wobbly from the red haired girl's "maintenance" as it were.

It was a pretty simple fix, and relatively easy to look through. He didn't have to worry much about keeing things order because of the simple setup... and how ordinary everything appeared to be. He didn't notice anything off, nothing thrown around or anything,

At least average intelligence to know to arrange everything back to how it was after searching He thought about the red haired girl,

He scanned around the apartment, looking for anything of interest, and found something shoved underthe couch in the room,

He took out several, skimming through them, Not very cautious of Accelerator,, but when you're the most powerful esper in the city, I guess you'd expect most people to be too smart to mess with you. I'm at least smart enough to look at these papers later, He took pictures of them with his phone, and placed them back under his couch.

He slipped out of Accelerator's apartment after making sure that everything was in place, and walked off, contemplation of what to do next,

Hmmmm... Well, for now I need to get my Judgement Branch's phone number. I'll need to find a phone book, so I had better hunt down a public phone. There should be one somewhere around here, Kerri thought, walking away,

His mind wandered to the papers he found. They weren't hidden very well, so odds are the red haired girl probably found them,

I need to know if they were reported or not. I'll check the office in a few hours, give the red haired girl time, otherwise I'll have to check with someone she was close with... perhaps Kuroko, they seemed fairly familiar,

Kerri thought, as he spotted a public phone with a phone book dangling off of it, and went towards it to look for the number he needed,
Kerri McKinley
Kerri McKinley
Level 2 Volt Streamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Illustrious Makinami Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:52 pm

July 23rd

Mari groaned as she woke up, pushing herself up off of the floor, and stretching her back, trying to get the stiffness of sleeping on the floor out,

She looked at how late she woke up and realized that people had started heading to class, because of the noise outside. She looked out the window, adjusting her glasses that were messed up because she forgot to take them off when she went to bed,

Whatever, I've got work to do, today. I'll gladly take that and cutting class over going in late and getting yelled at. Again.

Mari walked away from the window, taking a few minutes to get changed into a regular set of baggy jeans, and put the black hoodie she lent Sayuri yesterday.

First thing's first, breakfast. Mari thought, placing two bowls on the tale she had set up last night, along with some cereal and milk. She started munching down on the cereal, taking a moment to notice a certain tiny magician waving at her. She swallowed a mouthful of cereal before saying,

"Good morning sleepy head!" Mari sad cheeriyl, "You're looking well, get plenty of rest?" She asked conversationally.

As she ate her breakfast, Mari talked to Sayuri,

" 'Ey, I dunno irf ya notithed," She said, a mouth full of cereal, "Bu there's a thon of pheople out there." She swallowed her food, "I'm not allowed to have guests, technically, so we'll need to be covert about you escaping... plus, I want to give you a little demonstration of my own powers. I have a way to kill two birds with one stone, but..." Mari leaned back in her swivel chair, "It's for brave girl's only, and if you tell me 'yes', there's not going back. On the other hand, if you're a... scaredy-cat, we can find an alternative," Mari said in a teasing voice,
Level 4 Force Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Fujiwara Sayuri Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:26 pm

"I can leave from the bathroom mirror." Sayuri pointed to the large bathroom mirror. "I just prefer not to mirror walk because its very dangerous. Things get weird the further away from a mirror you get.. and I've even heard that there are Fae in the mirror world"

Sayuri finished writing and placed her whiteboard on the counter for Mari to read while she looked around for something to eat. She didn't want to take much from Mari but she figured she could steal a few pieces of bread and make toast.

Once Sayuri put some toast in, she wandered back to her whiteboard to write again. "What did you have in mind?"

~Mirror371

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:05 am

Before Kazari could voice her agreement she felt her phone buzz in her pocket. The screen lit up with the caller's name.

Konori Mii. The younger girl looked to Kuroko with concern.

Kazari flipped the device open and held it to her ear. Kuroko's face tightened as she leaned in to listen.

"Yes!" Kazari spoke for the first time before flipping the phone shut. She turned to Kuroko looking distinctly deflated. "She needs one of us at the cafe to help with the investigation."

"I'll go!" Kuroko volunteered herself all too eagerly. "Come on, Onee-sama! It shouldn't take long." She said, averting her eyes to hide her dishonesty.

"I guess I'll take a look at some of the other spots we've predicted for the bank card case..." Kazari scratched her head as she took another look at the map she'd printed of possible locations.

Accelerator seemed to wander the streets without purpose, winding through the spider web of Academy City's built up districts with no clear destination.

He finally stopped in the empty lot of a factory on the edge of District 19. A thin chainlink fence was all that separated him from the building.Dust from the dirt underfoot swirled around his ankles as he stood, waiting for something.
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:49 am

"Misaka does not know what it is you hope to achieve, but she will rendezvous with Accelerator at the railyard at 22:00 on 23/07, recites Misaka, hoping she is of help."

As soon as she heard that, Kaede would only hope to think that it is an experiment. She had thought that Accelerator was somehow involved with these sisters, but for what exact reason? Is it going result in pain? Accelerator's words from that day started to course through her head.

"I guess I should be thankful ...
They're pretty fun to play around with ...
A little easy though. Can't you make them more of a challenge?"

Pain pulsed through her head. "W-why... why am I remembering this now?" She clenched her teeth trying to bare this pain. She finally let go of this thought, coming back to reality. Once she felt her fingers tightened into Misaka's shoulders, she immediately let go of her. Scared. Frightened. Even worried by what she remembered. Now she had one final question to the sister in front of her. Her mouth reached the girl's ear and asked,

"Misaka... D-does Accelerator intend to hurt you in this experiment tonight?"

Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t39-esper-haragi-faye

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Illustrious Makinami Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:14 am

"I can leave from the bathroom mirror." Sayuri pointed to the large bathroom mirror. "I just prefer not to mirror walk because its very dangerous. Things get weird the further away from a mirror you get.. and I've even heard that there are Fae in the mirror world"

"Yep, gotta watch those Fae when you're mirror hiking." Mari said sarcastically, "You're gonna have to explain this magic stuff to me, at least what you know." Mari stated, mildly annoyed. "Maybe while we're out, we could get some mirror night vision goggles to see the mirror animals in the mirror forest." She stated, purposely trying to bug the young girl,

"Anyway, about getting out of here..."

"What did you have in mind?" Sayuri wrote next,

"Well... and bare with me on this one." Mari stated, "I thought that, with my ability we could... wait for it,... suspenseful pause, building tension... go building jumping!" Mari said, casually, "I know you think I'm crazy, but I've done it before, even with other people. It's safe, I have plenty of experience. I've had my power for seven years, I know what I'm talking about."

"Plus, if we're spotted, no one's going to care. The people around here are so used to it, the only thing they'll find surprising is that I've got a friend with me,"

I think I'll leave out the Anti-Skill arrests. I don't see why it happened so often, I'm not the fist to use my power outside of school; I just kept getting seen because I never hid it.

"So, are you scared, or what?" Mari said with a wide grin,
Level 4 Force Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Fujiwara Sayuri Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:31 pm

"I still prefer diving into the dangerous mirror world than leaping off rooftops" Sayuri wrote, she was slightly annoyed by Mari's earlier comment but she figured she'd see for herself the dangers as they appear. "Despite the dangers, my magic doesn't fade in the mirror world"

Sayuri walked over to the mirror in the bathroom which seemed to take up most of the wall.
Touching the mirror Sayuri silently chanted until the mirror glowed slightly before Sayuri litterally fell through the mirror as if it were a doorway.
"Owwee" Sayuri silently cursed to herself as she got up from the floor.

The reflected bathroom had plenty of light and everything in the reflected room was a mirror reflection with labels of shampoo being written backwards and the letters written backwards too.
"no emoc" Sayuri wrote showing it Mari through the mirror, forgetting that her text would be reflected through the mirror.

She held her hand out through the mirror to show there was nothing wrong with it; her arm had a glow trail marking out where she was crossing the mirror but judging from Sayuri's reaction to crossing into the mirror it didn't seem unpleasant in the least.
It wasn't anything like trying to enter the reflection given by water as that unlike a mirror had the weird feeling of entering liquid while remaining dry.

~Mirror371

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:49 pm

"She needs one of us at the cafe to help with the investigation."
"I'll go!" Kuroko cried. Mikoto looked at her with mild surprise at the sudden display of enthusiasm. "Come on, Onee-sama! It shouldn't take long."

“Eh? Wait-!”

Before Mikoto could form a single coherent sentence or understand what was fully happening, cold fresh air suddenly filled her nostrils and stung her eyes.

“?!”

She was falling, but as soon as that realisation hit her, the distance between her feet and the ground metres below grew in a blink of an eye.

Mikoto glanced at her junior, who was rapidly teleporting them away to the site of the incident.

“Geez… Wasn’t that a bit rude?”

“Hmm? What was that Oneesama?”

Kuroko yelled over the swirling wind around them.

Mikoto simply sighed, looking deflated.

“Nevermind.”

Thanks to Kuroko’s ability, they arrived just outside the café in no time. Mikoto crossed her arms as they finally landed, forcing Kuroko to let go of her hand.

“Seriously-,” Mikoto began to grumble.

The annoyed speech she had been preparing during their brief journey here quickly fled however, as her widening eyes fully took in the scene before her. To hear about it was one thing, but to see the disaster in reality was another. Although some of the mess had obviously been mopped up, the place was still wildly torn apart. If this had been the work of a single esper, they most likely were indeed very powerful.

“All right Oneesama, you just stay right here and wait for Kuroko to finish her Judgement duties like a good civilian, okay? I’m sure it’ll only take a few minutes~”

“Ehhh?! Kuroko, you can’t just-“ But Kuroko had already teleported into the taped-off “disaster” area with a big smile.

“-leave me here after teleporting us all the way here so suddenly…” Mikoto’s voice grew defeated as she realised she was speaking to empty air.

“What the heck…” The electromaster sighed.
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t81-esper-misaka-mikoto

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Illustrious Makinami Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:17 pm

"I still prefer diving into the dangerous mirror world than leaping off rooftops" Sayuri wrote, she was slightly annoyed by Mari's earlier comment but she figured she'd see for herself the dangers as they appear. "Despite the dangers, my magic doesn't fade in the mirror world"

"Well, call me crazy, but leaping off of rooftops sounds just slightly less dangerous than traveling into another dimension..." Mari watched Sayuri walk into her bathroom and followed her, watching her touching mirror, and observing it glow, with the same light as before. This time however, Mari could clearly see her and Sayuri's reflections start to darken and fade, turning into shadows that were vaguely the same size as them,

"That's weird... hey Sayuri, what's-" Mari hadn't been paying attention to Sayuri, who had fallen into the mirror, "Wah!" Mari said, slightly panicking, but relieved, noticing her on the other side, rubbing her head,

Mari sighed in relief, Ugh, keep it up with all these magical surprises and I'll get a coronary, Mari thought,

She read something written on Sayuri's whiteboard, "no emoc" but didn't understand it,

"Come on kiddo, I can't read gibberish... wait..." Mari analyzed the writing, and then it clicked, "Oh! Oooohhhhh! It's reflected! You want me to come in there?" In response, Sayuri reached her hand out,

Mari gingerly grasped her hand, giving it a good squeeze, and a deep breathe before cautiously putting her foot through, noticing it glowing where her foot went through, just like Sayuri's arm, watching the shadow of herself fading away even more,

Now or never! Mari forced herself through the rest of the way, nearly landing on Sayuri, letting herself fall face first on her face,

To Sayuri, this appeared as an accident, but for Mari, this was a test,

She stood up casually, feeling her head or any other part of her body for pain,

None. That meant her ability still worked here.

Well, glad I confirmed that. Makes me feel a little safer in this... parallel version of my bathroom. Mari thought, looking around and fixing her glasses,

She then noticed Sayuri and said, "Oh, no worries, I'm fine." Mari said cheerily, giving the place she was in a once over. For a second, she mistook it for her own, but then noticed the labels on her shampoo bottles were different. Like Sayuri's message they were backwards. Reflected.

Either I bought a really weird brand without looking this time, or I'm actually in the Mirror World,
Level 4 Force Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Fujiwara Sayuri Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:32 pm

"The further we stray from a mirror the more reality warps. It is where the saying 'Break a mirror and receive 7 years bad luck' came from" Sayuri wrote, the message this time seemed the right way round because it wasn't reflected through the mirror plane but on the same plane that both Mari and Sayuri were on.

Sayuri guided Mari out of the reflected bathroom and instead of her room there was only part of the room as the rest was covered in darkness. In the distance various light sources shown in the void showing platforms in the darkness similar to the one they were standing on.
"Other mirrors. Distance and perception isn't reflected the same way in this world so mirrors that seem close could connect to a mirror further away in reality" Sayuri wrote out.

Sayuri began walking out into the darkness grabbing Mari's hand before she stepped out. There wasn't much distance to the next mirror so the path was well lit and the risk of any fae encounters would be minimal as the light let reality reflect into the mirror world.

The mirror Sayuri led Mari to reflected what looked like an antique shop with light shining through the window onto a very posh street area. The style of the street was recognisable to the locals as the school gardens.
Pressing her hand through the mirror Sayuri made the other side glow automatically and establish a connection. There was less hesitation about leaving the mirror world, but as Sayuri put her hand through she quickly peeked through with her head to see if the coast was clear.

She could imagine scaring somebody by doing this somebody, but luckily there was nobody near the mirror so Sayuri quickly pulled Mari for her to follow her through.
Moments after the two had left the mirror world did Sayuri hear a voice behind them.
"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't hear you come in"
Sayuri smirked at the thought that it wouldn't matter either way.

~Mirror371

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Illustrious Makinami Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:51 am

"The further we stray from a mirror the more reality warps. It is where the saying 'Break a mirror and receive 7 years bad luck came from"

"I never thought about it. Not much weight is put on superstition around here." Mari said, letting herself be led by Sayuri, noticed how the room seemed to fase into darkness as they left,

As they went further, they didn't leave the apartment using a door. Mari wasn't totally sure if they actually had left the apartment, all that was there were some platforms, as far as Mari could make out with the lack of light,

This place gives me the creeps. And I'm not one to be afraid of the dark, Mari looked around cautiously, observing the faint lights all around them,

"What's with all the lights floating around?" Mari asked, reading Sayuri's response,

"Other mirrors. Distance and perception isn't reflected the same way in this world so mirrors that seem close could connect to a mirror further away in reality"

"Oh..." Mari said. My boss was so right about keeping an open mind,

Both Mari and Sayuri walked through the floating platforms, illuminated by the lights shining from their own world through the passageways known as mirrors,

Mari stopped as Sayuri led her to another large mirror in some sort of antique shop. Looking through the window, she could see that it was somewhere in the School Garden,

Oh, perfect! Just where I needed to be,

Mari looked down to see Sayuri poking her head through the mirror,

"Look safe?" Sayuri nodded, and walked with Mari through the mirror.

That was different, Mari thought, recalling thee young girl's magical abilities,

Just as they had come out, a voice had come up from behind them,

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't hear you come in" Mari turned around to see a young girl walk in from the back of the store to the cash register,

"Oh, really?" Mari said, looking to the door, noticing the bell, "Well, my friend here happened to be very quiet when bringing me in here," Mari stated, haalf-truthfully.

"Well, can I help you with anything?" She said, with a forced business-like smile. This was probably a job she took on mostly for extra cash.

"No, we were just browsing. in fact, we were planning to leave right now. Come on Sayuri!" Mari said, Pulling Sayuri through the door, making sure to open it herself.

Don't want anyone to find out about her curse,

As soon as they were out, Mari let go of Sayuri's hand and bent down to meet her at eye level, "Well Sayuri, I'd like to come with you, but I've got some work to do," Mari patted her head affectionately, "But I'll see you again soon, after all, I still have your only other dress!" Mari teased,

She stood up and asked one last question, "Is there anything else you need before I head off?"
Level 4 Force Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Fujiwara Sayuri Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:02 am

"I was going to go see if I can find any other students with my kind of uniform and see if I can find where my sister is staying" Sayuri wrote. As she wrote the message she couldn't help but notice stares from a bunch of girls walking past.

They were surprised by her uniform she was wearing considering the school wasn't in the school gardens. A few whispers she could hear gave her the hint.
"Well I guess its not here, but its alright I'll just say I got lost and I'm sure I'll get pointed in the right direction" Sayuri wrote smiling. She turned to a bunch of girls who were whispering and smiled at them before they quickly walked off pretending to ignore her.

~Mirror371

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerri McKinley Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:35 am

After getting the phone number for his Judgement branch, Kerri decided to head home to his apartment to review the documents he had taken pictures of with his cell phone. He stepped up to the eighth floor of his apartment building, punching a very lengthy security code into his pad lock, unlocking the door, undoing a trip wire he set up after he entered the room, and went to his computer, relocking everything, save the trip wire he set up after leaving his apartment.

After e-mailing the images to himself, and observing them in full view. He spent an hour reviewing everything in the documents he had copied from Accelerator's apartment, making sure to memorize every letter on that page.

Level 6... Sisters... Accelerator... this seems to stem a bit further then a few simple bank cards. Kerri saved the images, and hid them in his menagerie of misnamed folders, keeping one image in particular open in case he needed it,

He decided to kill time by writing down some notes. He had a box of notebooks locked in his closet, hidden in a wall he made, similar to the one he had to make for the tripwire trap he put in his apartment,

Taking out a blank one, one of many covering others that were filled up, he wrote "Judgement" on the cover and started writing notes about how his first investigation had started, making notes about what was in the documents. he then wrote up information about some of the people he had met,

Uiharu- A small girl, member of Judgement. Small, thin, frail in appearance with short black hair, brown eyes, and flowers in her hair. Possibly typical accessory, if so, useful for identification from a distance. Given her uniform and small build, she is most likely entering her teen years, or at least close. Appears to be shy, but intelligent. Referenced sorting through information, and carries laptop with her. Good with computers? Actual ability unknown.

Kuroko- Small girl, possibly smaller then Uiharu, but around the same age. Similar build, pink hair and eyes, hair tied into wavy pig tails. Comes off as rather confident despite her age. Shows concern for fellow member despite friction, due to possible danger. Her ability, Teleport. Capabilities beyond teleporting herself are unknown.

__________- Name unknown ATM. Notably tall, strong. an older teenager. Has long red hair, and blue eyes. Has undergone some sort of physical training. In comparison to the other two, she showed notable hostility compared to them. Possibly more annoyed with own behavior, look into. Willing to go after stronger Level 5 in Academy City. Either mere arrogance, or putting on a show to feign strength. To be observed. Her ability appears to revolve around generating heat. At minimum, it is enough to melt the metal of a trashcan, and according to the girl's own threats, cause third degree burns and melt skin off of a person's body.

Accelerator- Real name unknown. A tall teenager boy, red eyes, pale skin, white hair, has the appearance of an albino. His body appears to be frail and thin. Physical weakness? According to red haired girl, and rumors heard, he is extremely dangerous. Possibly willing to cause bodily harm to others, without consideration. From reports seen, he is capable of killing, showing homicidal tendencies, and possible instability as a person. His ability, according to documents found, is known as Vector Change. Specific capabilities are unknown, however, one known factor is his power's capability of allowing him to survive a fall from a building several stories high without damaging his own body.

As Kerri closed his book, he noticed the time, and decided to call his Judgement Branch. It was rather late, and he needed to ask about the read haired girl. Hopefully someone was still there.

After ringing a few time, someone finally picked up, "Hello, Judgement Branch 117. Konori Mii speaking," He heard a mature voice,

"Hello there, my name is Kerri McKinley. I'm a new member of Judgement. You heard of me from a... red haired girl, correct?" I ask, "The girl with long red hair, blue eyes, a temper,"

Kerri hears an audible sigh from the other end of the phone, "I take it you mean Meirin?"

"I never caught her name, thanks." I say, "I just thought that i should call in. I never actually came to the office. I happened to meet her along with Kuroko-Senpai, and Uiharu-Senpai, and decided to help... but I'm afraid I got seperated from Meirin-Senpai, who went off on her own."

There was a pause on the line, "Did you want to know where she was?"

"Yeah. Did she call in at all?"

"I've been here all day, and I haven't received any calls from her, so I'm afraid I can't help."

"I see... well, is there anything else going on that I can assist in?" Kerri asked. He had an idea, "I'd like to get plenty of work in to get some experience, and I don't know when I'll hear back from Uiharu about what she found out in the Bank Cards' case."

"That sounds reasonable... there is one case going on. Have you heard about the attack at the Cafe?" Konori asked,

"No, what happened?"

"Apparently a girl enrolled at Tokiwadai was working as a waitress, and had been injured by an esper, who destroyed the cafe. Anti-Skill is currently overseeing investigations, and I'm afraid i can't give out more information the that at the moment. Regrettably, Judgement needs to wait for their permission to investigate. I'm expecting permission to be granted some time tomorrow."

"With your permission, could I aid in the investigation? Possibly with the supervision of someone?"

"Of course. I'll send Kuroko to investigate as well. She knows new recruits need to be supervised, so I shouldn't need to inform her,"

"Wonderful!" He said, a bit too enthusiastically, "Well, that should be all. Thank you very much Konori-Senpai," As Kerri pulled the phone away from his ear, he heard Konori say,

"Wait," and pulled the phone back to his ear,

"Something up?" He asked,

"You were the last person to get into contact with Meirin correct? Do you know where she went?" Kerri heard Konori ask in a calm voice. He could detect a trace of worry in it,

"Um... say she, hypothetically speakign, went after Accelerator on her own after ditching me... would that make you worry?" Kerri asked,

"Oh dear..."

Kerri decided that he could ask for a bit of info in this Meirin girl using the situation, "Is she the type to act impulsively? With someone like Accelerator?" Kerri asked, trying his est to sound worried. He was, but not in a normal way. He thought that if anything happened to the girl Meirin, then he may be assigned to investigate anything that hapens to her. It would lead back to Accelerator, but it would take time away from looking out for the actual danger,

"Well... she can be a bit... overenthusiastic in fighting any criminals, but she is intelligent. But she's impulsive, so I should at least call her, though I doubt I'd be able to convince her to stop with whatever she's doing," The worried tone was clearer now. She seemed to be trying to maintain her composure, and Kerri only noticed this by listening rather carefully,

"She'll turn up, I'm sure of it," Kerri said, feigning optimism,

If she does, we'll hopefully be able to recognize what's left of her,

"Anyway, I should head to bed soon. Big day tomorrow for me, my first investigation!"

"Of course. We'll talk later. Good night Kerri-San,"

"Likewise, Konori-Senpai," Kerri hung up the phone, and pulled out his "Judgement" notebook,

Name is in fact Meirin. Apparently known for impulsive behavior, violence, and possible stubbornness.

Konori Mii- Another superior. An elder girl, based on voice heard over phone. Calm, cool, collected. Information needed,
As Kerri closed the notebook, he his it in the hole in his closet, took out a new notebook, and printed out the part of the documents that he left open, and then closed it. It was the cover page for the report on what was known as the 'Level 6 Shift Project', an official document of Academy City.

This is something I need to handle carefully. It's obviously something that has to do with the dark side, if what I've read is true. I memorized most of the information from the documents, this will just be a way to convince Kuroko that it's official. Given Meirin hasn't told her or anyone else. Any oter information she needs can be given to her through oral communication, and I can just get rid of this one paper discretely,

After this, Kerri went to bed, changing out of his usual dark pants and dark grey sweatshirt into another one that looked exactly the same, even with the odd white smiley on the side of his hoodie.

He went to bed thinking, trying his best to stop doing it. All he could think about what how many ways everything about what he was getting involved in could go horribly wrong,

July 23rd

The next morning was a usual one for Kerri. He got up, ate an energy bar and drank some milk, and went off to the crime scene. He woke up rather late, but new he hadn't recieved any calls ince his phone was very loud, and right next to the couch he slept on,

Thank god I don't have any solliciters, He thought, checking his neck to make sure that the golden cross he usually kept around his neck was still there. It was, as always, even though he knew he hadn't taken it off of his neck to go to sleep,

He decided to head to the crime scene on his own, making sure to bring his phone with him, and deleting the images of the documents that he had with him,

The run was rather long, but he made it there without much issue. He brought a blank notebook of his and a pencil to take notes of whatever he saw. IHe wanted to make a good impression on Kuroko today,

He walked into the crime scene, and was noticed by several Anti-Skill's watching over the area. He showed them his armband and told them that he was one of the people sent to investigate for Judgement.

After being allowed to look around, he recieved a call from Konori on his cell phone,

" 'Yellooooooo?" Kerri said in a sing-song voice,

"Um... Kerri-San?"

"Oh, hi Konori Senpai, what's up?"

"I just wanted to let you know you should head to the crime scene now."

Kerri almost laughed at the irony, and pretended that he hadn't already arrived early, "Oh, okay. Is Kuroko-Senpai coming?"

"I'll be calling her in a moment. I just didn't want her to have to wait too long for you,"

"Ah... I see. Well, trust me, the wait won't be long at all," Kerri said, "I should be going now. Later!"

"Goodbye," Kerri hung up his phone, and quickly opened up his notebook, with his pencil ready, trying to look around, noticing someone who appeared to be the owner of the cafe, looking around anxiously,

As his started looking at the debris, curious as to exactly what kind of epser caused such damage, Kuroko had suddenly teleported in right next to him, not noticing him until Kerri casually said,

"What took you?"
Kerri McKinley
Kerri McKinley
Level 2 Volt Streamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Illustrious Makinami Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:36 am

"I was going to go see if I can find any other students with my kind of uniform and see if I can find where my sister is staying" Sayuri wrote.

Mari noticed several girls starting at the two of them as they walked past. They seemed to mainly be staring at Sayuri, and whispering.

"Hey, isn't she from..."

"Haru Chugakko, yeah!"

"One of those schools for poor Espers?"

"Poor thing... I guess her and her friend just aren't gifted like us,"

Mari noticed that between the two of them, Sayrui was the only one wearing a uniform, making her appear to be a student. From one of the schools not in charge of the School Garden,

"Don't mind them, it's the uniform. It's not from a 'prestigious' school," Mari said with air quotes, "So they won't much of an effort to be polite. They'll just assume you're a weak esper..."

Mari said with minor irritation, I could take on most of the morons who made fun of me with two hands tied behind my back, and sighed, letting go of her anger,

"Well I guess its not here, but its alright I'll just say I got lost and I'm sure I'll get pointed in the right direction" Mari read from Sayuri's whiteboard, smiling back at her,

"Smart girl!" Mari said, patting Sayuri on the head,

Mari watched Sayuri's vain attempt to smile at the girls talking about her in order to be polite. She was simply ignored, and turned to Sayuri, telling her,

"Just let it go. There's a bit of a hierarchy here with espers and power levels. Your school happens to have plenty of espers with low levels, so people wearing that uniform won't get respect from those rich b... bureaucrats."

I meant 'bitch's', but I think I should at least try holding my tongue around a little kid.

She then knelt down to look Sayuri in the eyes, "Anyway, be sure to be careful around here. And remember, if you're ever in trouble, just come for your friend Mari. I should be able to help you out, got it?" Mari said, hugging Sayuri,

"Take care Sayuri!" Mari said, waving back to her, as she began to walk off, starting her search.

Her objective: Something identifiable with the Railgun, Misaka Mikoto.
Level 4 Force Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:43 pm

Haragi Faye wrote:The morning of the 23rd flew in and Haragi could barely get out of his bed considering how late he stayed up trying to find leads of a certain missing nun. His eye's opened, acting surprised to see himself violated or even untouched. His older sister was nowhere within the vicinity of his room. He questioned himself about this abnormal situation. It could have possibly mean his sister left early for work, but that didn't seem much like her as she was obsessed with cooking food for him.

He then remembered that he never heard his sister come into the house last night. Did she come at all? Did something happen at her workplace? His eyes were about to be filled with suspicion as he got up to finally realize his cellphone was beeping. A new text message was received while he was asleep. It was his sister apologizing and telling him that she had to help out with consecutive surgeries.

Sighing in relief, he then took priority of what he had been doing for the past 2 days. His own methods of narrowing down a certain girl's possible location found him various individuals to track down. From what he gathered, a man named Derek Walker hadn't updated their Citizenship in the past 6 months. His photo ID was represented as a young dark green haired man in his 20's. From other sources, this individual was a Level 0 who'd been involved with Skill Out. He wasn't seen in his school right after he was spotted with the very same vile group of thugs.

The man Haragi was searching for was named Aureollus Izzard. He kidnapped a certain girl whom Haragi was desperately trying to find. That same man lived in Academy City and had faked his citizenship information. So it was possible this man could be connected to Derek Walker.

Recently, this certain individual was spotted roaming around the dark alleyways of District 15 along with a decent number of people supposedly from Skill Out. This was all the information Haragi needed. His Esper ability allowed him to sense presences within it's area of locality from the concentration of air consumption. Since sketchy areas like Dark Alleyways are avoided from the common, it wouldn't be to hard to find suspicious people entering the area.

As he approached within District 15, he had seen many people wandering about. This wasn't anything unusual since District 15 was known as the shopping district. It was suspicious not to see anyone here. However, Haragi kept his focus only on finding these group of people. OFR molecules formed around his vicinity and entered the dark alleyways to see if anything was detected. This method only covered about 25% of District 15's alleyways at a time. This meant that Haragi had to periodically move to use this method every 20 minutes or so.

For now, Haragi had leaned against the adjacent wall waiting for anything out of the odd to alert him.

A brown-haired girl in Tokiwadai uniform walked leisurely along the busy shopping District 15, her head turning this way and that as she took in the scenery around her. Occasionally, she would stop to simply stare at a particular item through the glass window of a shop, before wandering onwards once more.

On her light-brown vest was a shiny Gekota badge, still pinned proudly from last afternoon's events at the arcade with the Original. At times, the girl's hand lingered over it possessively, as if to make sure the trophy was still there on her person. 

Something displayed in a shop nearby caught her eye again, and the clone stopped to peer at it. It was a tiny little plushie, in the shape of a cute cartoon character the clone could not recognise. Misaka stared for a moment, eyeing the item without any hint of emotion.

"Misaka thinks the Original would like that," The girl said aloud to no one in particular, "It was obvious from yesterday's events that Oneesama likes childish things, but she's not very honest, Misaka has observed."

A hand fiddled with the badge on the side of her vest. Gekota's smiley face glinted vibrantly in the morning sunlight.

"This isn't Misaka's taste at all, Misaka admits truthfully, but since Oneesama gave it to her..."

Unblinking, the girl remembered how the badge had almost been confiscated from her when she arrived home. Fingers curled around the tin item protectively.

Turning away from the plushie, she moved to continue on her way when she saw a familiar figure leaning upon a nearby wall just ahead. The girl looked at him, recognising him as the unnamed guy who had been with the Original when she had first met her.

The clone walked forwards to pass by him, only a slight glimpse of curiosity entering those usually-impassive eyes. She had absolutely no reason to associate herself with the guy, and decided not to initiate a conversation with him if he did not do so first.

After all, her only purpose was for the experiments.
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t81-esper-misaka-mikoto

Back to top Go down

Post  Fujiwara Sayuri Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:52 pm

Sayuri wandered away from Mari and began looking around her current area.  The streets looked very posh and the crossings had animation signs showing when to cross and when to wait.

As Sayuri turned around the corner she came across a large fountain area where she sat down.
After hearing more whispers Sayuri decides to get up and walk to one of the nearby cafes to ask for help.

She walked into a cafe on the corner of a street called 'The Corner Cafe' which despite its name wasn't actually on the corner but an L shaped cafe that had entrances on both streets.
"Can I get you anything miss?" A waitress asked as Sayuri wandered into the cafe with her eyes dotting about.
Sayuri shook her head and took out her whiteboard, but before she could begin to write the kitchen door flew open and an older girl came out.
"I was wondering when you'd show up, Say-Uri-San!" she had a big smile on her face and what puzzled Sayuri was how the girl seemed to know her name.

"Who are you?" Sayuri spoke silently
"A friend of a friend.  I predicted you'd show up here and that you'd be hungry so I got you something" The older girl said before Sayuri placed her hand on her stomach as it silently grumbled.  The older girl then walked back into the kitchen.

Who is this girl?! Sayuri was feeling slightly uncomfortable by how that older girl seemed to know so much about her without her speaking a word.

"That girl is a precog I think" The waitress spoke holding her finger to her lips while looking up at the ceiling. "She predicts a few things, namely customers order before I even tell her" The waitress sighs.

A moment or two later the older girl walks out of the kitchen holding some a plate of food and places it down on a nearby table.
The manager gives the older girl a stare when she left the kitchen but she simply waved her hand at him smiling and went back into the kitchen.

Sayuri soon found herself sitting at a table once again being given food by a random stranger.  She wasn't entirely what to say even if she could speak aloud.
Clapping her hands together she bowed to the waitress before she began eating her food.

Meanwhile a bunch of Tokiwadai students entered the cafe.  It appeared to be a clique of some sort, but Sayuri was paying more attention to eating the sweet waffles she was freely given.
Halfway through eating them she had the feeling that somebody was looking over her shoulder.

~Mirror371

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next