Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Aoki Aiko Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:54 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

A Certain Alternate Universe Arc 3 - A Certain Scientific Experiment OOC

+25
Kira Kohaku
Sir Alexander Beathen
New Old Kuroko
Tsuneo Takashi
Fuuka Eto
Kihara Kisue
Kobayashi Iori
Tomokota Renavin
Jack Nightingale
Furuhashi Gou
Damion Koyoko
Hiroshi Saito
Yamato Trystan
Mari Illustrious Makinami
Ausama Abel
Accelerator
[Old] Index
Guy Li
Kerri McKinley
Kyou Rindou
Naoki Keima
Hujisaka Natsumi
Haragi Faye
Vanni
Aleister Crowley
29 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A Certain Alternate Universe Arc 3 - A Certain Scientific Experiment OOC - Page 3 Empty Re: A Certain Alternate Universe Arc 3 - A Certain Scientific Experiment OOC

Post  Aleister Crowley Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:56 am

At this point all this discussion is just holding us up. Someone post over the next couple of days or I'll move us on myself.

@Damion: I've got no problem with him joining in the Magic side plot, but his reasons are a little tenuous right now. I suppose it depends on how you handle it. But the real issue is 'what's keeping him involved once things get dangerous?' If you get what I'm saying.
Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley
General Superintendant of Academy City

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

A Certain Alternate Universe Arc 3 - A Certain Scientific Experiment OOC - Page 3 Empty Re: A Certain Alternate Universe Arc 3 - A Certain Scientific Experiment OOC

Post  Haragi Faye Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:28 am

Waiting for Kerri to post.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t39-esper-haragi-faye

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerri McKinley Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:22 am

I'll need to post tomorrow, things have gotten busy.

Question: will Nunotaba be infiltrating the building on the second to last facility, or the last one? If it's the last one, than I can just have some Deep-Six members guard the room as opposed to ITEM's goons.
Kerri McKinley
Kerri McKinley
Level 2 Volt Streamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:19 am

I think that will work. If Natsumi is ok with Nunotaba being present during those times.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleister Crowley Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:53 am

So no one's posted in the main thread yet. This makes me unhappy.

Luckily I've managed to discuss what's going on with Natsumi and clear up all the plot holes. She should be making her next post tomorrow. If no one replies to that one within 3 days I'll be NPCing people's characters and I really hate doing that.
Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Illustrious Makinami Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Hey guys, I was just wondering something-when exactly did you want Mari to join the fight? I don't mean to sound impatient, I was just wondering if you had an idea.
Level 4 Force Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleister Crowley Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:30 am

I'm also curious about this.

And Haragi, it's your post. Or are you unable to reply? I seem to remember you mentioning being away for a while but I can't see a post in the absence thread. Did he leave his character for anyone to NPC?
Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:52 am

Aleister Crowley wrote:Did he leave his character for anyone to NPC?

I don't think so, or at least I've not heard of it.

Haragi said he wouldn't have a problem posting while he was away as he didn't need internet to write the post, only to send it with a bare amount of crappy internet he'd have, so I haven't heard of him assigning someone to NPC his character in case he couldn't post.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleister Crowley Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:14 am

Well as Haragi should have posted already I'd say we should bring Mari into things to keep the thread moving.
Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:08 pm

Sorry finally got an internet connection. Will post sometime tomrrow.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Furuhashi Gou Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Applying for False Error, just to point it out clearly~

Character: Furuhashi Gou

Role: As a member of the same Judgement branch as Kerri, Gou would have heard about the investigation and decided to give him a hand out of various reasons. The most important being his obligation as a Judgement member to protect the citizens and support his comrades.

Connection: Simply being a member of the 177th branch of Judgement.
Furuhashi Gou
Furuhashi Gou
Level 4 Tremor Touch

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t319-esper-furuhashi-gou

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:27 pm

As Trystan has not been online for over five months now I am removing him from the character slots of the secondary plot to allow newer members to join.

Gou should fit in quite nicely in his stead, so feel free to make your opening post and join Kerri and Saito now if you want.

Also, Haragi, I have problems understanding your post. Do you mind clarifying?
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:06 pm

Regarding the attack with the replica:
He did the same thing in Arc 2 against Izzard instead with a replica made out of OFR molecules. See my third post of this page: https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t88p225-a-certain-magical-index-arc-2

This time he had placed replicas of himself (or at least something that would resemble him roughly) within the 2 hours he had made out of wood and implanted OFR molecules within. He also wasn't using his <No Air Space>, simply created a dome from preventing the flames from moving outwards. Essentially same thing but took less effort and time.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:14 pm

Your post doesn't really make sense. How is he fuelling a fire big enough to make Mikoto "vulnerable" with only small parts of wood?

The thrown wooden replica wouldn't have any importance, Mikoto could have very well used the metal scraps that she uses as a makeshift shield to throw the burning replica elsewhere, which makes me feel like you underestimate her reaction time compared to Haragi's greatly.

Logic would have it that the wood parts would be quickly incinerated from the fire, exposing the OFRs to Mikoto's plasma and rendering them useless. So this whole aspect of fire making Mikoto vulnerable hardly makes sense.

Furthermore, what does "her electro-barrier stood no chance to defend her given its position" mean? I don't know if you're referring to the position of the spear or of the electro-barrier by that, but beneath her doesn't feel like it'd be a weakness as I've stated multiple times the electro-barrier would be all around her.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:38 pm

>How is he fuelling a fire big enough to make Mikoto "vulnerable" with only small parts of wood?

What makes you think he's using the wood? He's using the OFR molecules of course to create the flames from the explosion itself. He literally did the same exact thing against Izzard.

>Mikoto could have very well used the metal scraps that she uses as a makeshift shield to throw the burning replica elsewhere.

You're forgetting the impact from the explosion inside the spear.

>Furthermore, what does "her electro-barrier stood no chance to defend her given its position" mean? I don't know if you're referring to the position of the spear or of the electro-barrier by that, but beneath her doesn't feel like it'd be a weakness as I've stated multiple times the electro-barrier would be all around her.

the plasma started to attract nearby sheet metal and metal scraps into the body of the plasma around Mikoto, forming a makeshift shield of sorts to protect herself from other weapons Haragi might have.

You have it around Mikoto's body as stated in your post. The spear is right underneath your feet (unless you moved right after Mikoto got hit from which you never stated). It would be logical for Mikoto's electro barrier to be some distance away from her body and not attached to her skin (as seen from the anime). The explosion underneath her feet would at least catch her off guard causing some sort of effect from within her shield of various metals. This is assuming you haven't attached metal components on her skin and is at least some distance away from her body.

And this is what I said in my post.
Haragi played his tactics while he made his assumptions. The explosion would catch her off guard, weakening her electro barrier and possibly damaging her to a certain extent.

Nothing he said about her shield was absolute, only things he thought would be likely.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Illustrious Makinami Thu May 15, 2014 3:26 am

Hey Guy, it's me. Listen, school is slowing down and I should be able to post more regularly soon. I just wanted to talk about Mari's future role in Arc 3. Let me know when you can!
Level 4 Force Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleister Crowley Fri May 16, 2014 11:43 pm

Sure. Do you want to post it here or over PM? I'm fine with either.

Bear in mind that after the issues with overplanning we've been having I'm more inclined towards playing it loose and free with rough ideas rather than plotting out a scene beat for beat.
Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Illustrious Makinami Sat May 17, 2014 5:34 pm

No problem. If it's alright with you, I'd rather just post a general idea of what I was considering would happen, and if there are any questions, people can ask them. Just to make sure any plans each of us have don't clash, or so we can amend any of them.

Any specifics I'll probably ask that we talk about in PM. Just things I'd like to keep private until I post them in the thread.

Is that alright?
Level 4 Force Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleister Crowley Sun May 18, 2014 11:12 pm

Sure. Go ahead.
Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Illustrious Makinami Tue May 20, 2014 9:33 pm

Well, the basic idea I had involved a fight between a fight between Mari and Misaka.

Base idea:

This is a very basic idea of what I was considering. Thoughts?
Level 4 Force Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleister Crowley Wed May 21, 2014 12:33 pm

Well that's kind of venturing into the realms of 'specifics' so I'd suggest you talk it out with Misaka/Natsumi and see how they feel about it.

Though I will say that we've already got plans for ITEM to make an appearance for much the same reason so I'm not sure how that would conflict. That said I can imagine that if they were bothered enough to send one team after her they might consider sending another?

Like I say, probably best you discuss it with the player in question.

Also, if you're intending to get Mari involved in the current fight then you'll need to do so now or I'll be wrapping the scene up in the next post.
Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Nightingale Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:06 pm

Hey Master, just making sure you know what I was trying to set up with my Magic Side post. With Jack's rune magic in use, Shinichiro and Milo shouldn't have noticed him being there. Touko, however, with her Imagine Breaker not letting his rune magic work on her, would notice his outburst. And with her suddenly realizing that there was someone else there, and with what he said... Well, how she reacts is up to you.
Jack Nightingale
Jack Nightingale
Libertas719

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t320-magician-jack-nightinga

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleister Crowley Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:49 pm

Jack, are you OK with continuing? I know there's not much to go on right now, given that Kamijou is the only one who notices your character, but I'm hoping to get the ball rolling on this sideplot now.

The same goes for anyone else involved in the magic sideplot. Feel free to get involved in the scuffle with Shinichiro and Milo/Touko.
Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Nightingale Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:06 am

Really sorry for the wait. Seriously, feel free to use me as a soccer ball or something.
Jack Nightingale
Jack Nightingale
Libertas719

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t320-magician-jack-nightinga

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleister Crowley Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:38 pm

Since the Magic Thread seems to be struggling with where to go I thought I'd give you a few suggestions:

1) Following Milo- His behaviour's a little odd, isn't it?

2) Hunting the attacker- Shinichiro's been attacking random Espers (not so randomly of course, but the characters might not realise that yet). Something's got to be done before someone gets seriously hurt. Surely it won't be tough to find such an inept assassin when he stands out so readily?

Just a couple of ideas. I don't want to railroad you all, but its about time we moved on.
Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next