Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Aoki Aiko Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:54 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[SS] Intensify

4 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

[SS] Intensify - Page 10 Empty Re: [SS] Intensify

Post  Kamijou Touko Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:05 pm

Touko panted loudly, her exhausted body pushed to its limit. She hauled herself off of Karl and clutched at her wounded arm that still hung limply at her side. She fell backwards against the crumbling wall and looked up at the sky. The stars were dimly visible and one glimmered brightly before fading.

"He's not waking up!"
"Someone get help!"
"He won't wake up!"

Touko's eyes widened and she looked on as Naoto tried urgently to awaken Karl.
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t18-esper-kamijou-touko

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:13 pm

“Onee-sama!"

Mikoto felt a familiar presence suddenly appear out of thin air beside her, and her eyebrows shot up in surprise.

“Ku-kuroko?!” Just a single glance at the teleporter’s furrowed brow informed Mikoto that she was probably in for a good round of scolding from her junior.

"What do you think you're doing? I told you not to go rushing into things on your own, but you just don't listen!"

Mikoto’s cheeks tinged slightly pink as she huffed out an irritated and defensive response.

“Geez, do you honestly expect me to sit around and do nothing in this kind of situation?!” She struggled to get away from Kuroko’s arms so she could stand on her own. “And I’m fine! I don’t need you to hold me like I’m some kind of helpless princess-“

"He's not waking up!"

Mikoto’s eyes widened at Naoto’s urgent voice, and she turned her head to see the frantic Skill Out leader by Karl’s side, trying to rouse him.

"Someone get help! He won't wake up!"

“Ring an ambulance, we should get him to the hospital right away-“ Mikoto tried to step away from Kuroko’s supporting arms, but found that her legs were suddenly like jelly. She stumbled right back into her junior’s awaiting arms much to her dismay. Her head felt stone heavy and she furiously tried to blink away the black dots swimming in her vision.

Sluggishly, she reached for the Gekota phone in her pocket with a shaking hand.
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t81-esper-misaka-mikoto

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:38 pm

Several hours later.

Naoto's motionless vigil by Karl's door hadn't lifted for even a moment since they arrived at the hospital. Her shadowed eyes were fixed on the ground in front of her. Her face had drained of all expression to match the numbness she felt. Her fingers clutched at her arms, drawing them close to her chest.

They hadn't heard any news in nearly an hour.

Trystan observed the two girls, Shirogane Naoto and Shirai Kuroko. The two could not have been more different. Naoto's stoic demeanour had seen the girl barely utter a word in passing since MAR had arrived on the scene.

Kuroko on the other hand seemed to have trouble remaining still. The twin tailed teleporter paced the hallway with hurried steps. Her brows knitted. Her small mouth was turned down in a pouting, tight jawed frown.

But between the two of them it was plain enough to see that they both shared the same worry.

Are they alright?

Mai awoke to the bright lights above her. She turned her head. That was all she could manage. Her body felt leaden. Drained. Empty. Mai lifted her hand to inspect her wrist. A layer of bandages wrapped her delicate forearm.

What had happened? The last thing she could remember was...

Was...

Karl.
Guy Li
Guy Li
A Certain Mysterious Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:09 pm

"Yo." Touko waved to Trystan and the two girls as she approached, rubbing her freshly bandaged arm. Minor fractures and severe bruising, the frog faced doctor had told her. Her upbeat attitude faded quickly when she saw the state of the others.

She joined them, standing wordlessly opposite Naoto. She didn't meet the girl's eyes. Her chest felt heavy with guilt. Was she responsible for Karl's condition? That punch had landed heavily. And if he was already weakened...

The thought made her sick. So she stayed silent and waited with the others.
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:13 pm

A soft clatter of footsteps preceded the entrance of a certain doctor, whose fame in Academy City was due to his frog-like face as much as his expert skill. He was also known as Heaven Canceller, for he had rescued many from the clutches of death. His benevolent eyes softened at the sight of the waiting group, but his expression remained grim.

A gently cleared throat announced of his presence, and Kuroko was the first to react- bounding across to him in just a few energetic strides. Worry was evident all over her expression.

“How’s Onee-sama?! Is she okay?! Is she-“

“She’s just sleeping now.” The Frog-Faced Doctor gave a small smile. “All she needs is rest and she’ll be as good as new. Kashiwagi-san is also doing well. She should make a full recovery in a few days.”

As Kuroko breathed a sigh of relief and dashed towards Mikoto’s room, the doctor glanced at Naoto and the others. His smile faded away, leaving the grim expression behind. He hated letting down friends and families of his patients like this, and it wasn’t often that this kind of event occurred to Heaven Canceller. But they had a right to understand what was going on, and he had the heavy responsibility of delivering the news.

“Your other friend is still unconscious….” His voice was gentle when he spoke. “But I’m afraid he may... never wake up.”
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:28 am

“Your other friend is still unconscious….”

The doctor had paused for only the space of a breath, but in that moment, Naoto knew what he was about to say before the words left his mouth.

“But I’m afraid he may... never wake up.”

Naoto threw herself at Heaven Canceller, gripping him by the collar and hoisting him up. She glared at the man with manic fury.

"What do you mean he might never wake up!?" She shook the man. "Do something to wake him up!" She said noticing the slow misting of her vision. Naoto let out a tortured growl, tucking her chin to her chest as a shaking wracked her body. Though she could hide the tears that welled in the corners of er eyes she could not cover the trembling in her voice. Nor the sobs that convulsed in her chest, hitching with short, strangled breaths.

She lowered the doctor, her strength failing her.

She buried her head in Heaven Canceller's chest.

"Do something..."

Kuroko pressed the door open slowly, peering around the frame carefully. Her eyes fell on Mikoto's sleeping form and she smiled gently. Kuroko tiptoed silently into the room and closed the door behind her as delicately as she could manage for fear of disturbing the peaceful girl.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:22 pm

“Your other friend is still unconscious…."
"Your other friend is still unconscious….”

Touko felt the wind knocked out of her and she sank back into the wall, half wishing it would swallow her up. The girl fell into the seat next to her with a heavy heart. She stared at the ground while the news sank in.

"I shouldn't have..." She balled her fists.
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:38 am

Four hours later…

A pair of brown eyes slowly opened, and a plain white ceiling came into view.

'Huh? Where am I…?'

She was lying on a soft bed, a comfortable pillow supporting her head. Her thoughts were foggy, the after effects of awaking from a deep, exhausted slumber. Slowly, she attempted to sit up, wincing at the abrupt pain exploding along her arm. Looking down, she noticed bandages tightly wrapped around her upper arm, and could feel the pressure of bandages around her ribs beneath her shirt. Memories came flooding back.

'That’s right… We were-'

“Onee-sama!”

Mikoto turned her head to the side, blinking at the sight of Kuroko leaning forward beside her. The teleporter’s eyebrows were knitted together with worry and Mikoto suppressed an urge to extend a hand and smooth them out.

“Kuroko…”

“How are you feeling?”

“I’m fine,” Mikoto said immediately. Ignoring the sound of despairing disbelief that had quickly followed, the electromaster suddenly swung her legs to the side of the bed in an attempt to stand up.

“Oneesama!” Kuroko cried in alarm. The twin-tailed girl quickly moved to block Mikoto’s way, placing her hands on each of the older girl’s shoulders to prevent her from actually getting out of bed.

“What do you think you’re doing?! The doctor specifically said you should stay in bed for the entire day at least!”

“There is plenty of time for rest later, Kuroko!” Mikoto grumbled stubbornly. “I need to see…” Her eyes averted to the side.
“There’s something I have to do, okay?”

Her demanding eyes met Kuroko’s, fierce and proud.
“Now move aside.”

“But Onee-sama…”
Kuroko stood frozen, wearing a torn expression full of uncertainty.

Mikoto’s eyes softened.
“I know you’re worried Kuroko, and I am…” a soft tinge of pink entered her cheeks, “…really grateful that you’re here. But I have to do this. If you help me get to Kashiwagi-san’s room, I promise I’ll let you fuss over me later.”
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:48 am

“I know you’re worried Kuroko, and I am… really grateful that you’re here. But I have to do this. If you help me get to Kashiwagi-san’s room, I promise I’ll let you fuss over me later.”

The gentle smile flashed briefly across Kuroko's face before it was covered by a sly grin.

"Onee-sama. Do you realise what you're agreeing to?" She hummed a quiet laugh.

Mai turned her head to the sound of the opening door. She smiled weakly at Mikoto as the two Tokiwadai girls entered the room.

"Misaka-san..." She shuffled backwards against the headboard of her bed to sit upright. "I'm glad you're alright." She slurred her words sleepily. "After those Skill Outs appeared, I just got scared and ran." She looked down at her lap, her hands folding and wringing as she spoke. "I'm sorry."

No trace of their battle remained in Mai's memory.

Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:27 am

"Misaka-san...I'm glad you're alright."
Exhaustion slurred her words as Mai sleepily tried to sit up.
“After those Skill Outs appeared, I just got scared and ran."
She looked nervous, wringing her hands as she spoke.
"I'm sorry."

Mikoto looked taken aback for a moment, then a gentle smile curved her lips.

“There’s nothing for you to be sorry about Kashiwagi-san,” the older girl said softly, “I should be the one apologising… I’m sorry I hurt you back there.”

Just two rooms across, a black-haired guy lay on a bed. From a mere glance, he appeared peacefully asleep, eyes gently closed and his breathing soft and steady. But as the Frog-faced Doctor and the others now knew, that observation did not cover the truth in its entirety. Whether he was dreaming or not, no one could tell… And whether he would ever wake up, only the future knew...
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:43 am

“There’s nothing for you to be sorry about Kashiwagi-san, I should be the one apologising… I’m sorry I hurt you back there.”

Mai's lips trembled, her jaw slackening as she suppressed a sob and her watering eyes creased. She forced a smile of gratitude. The least she could do, she thought, for all that Mikoto had gone through on her behalf.

After a few moments of silence she managed, in a tiny voice, to speak.

"Tell me..." She tried to find the words. She knew what she wanted to ask. "Karl..."

But she was afraid of the answer.

"Is he... okay?" Her quiet and solemn voice told them that she already knew. Kuroko looked to Mikoto, awaiting the girl's answer as tautly as Mai.

"He's asleep now." The twin tailed girl spoke up before her upperclassman could. "They're not sure when he'll wake up." Her voice softened sympathetically, but it didn't dull the sinking feeling that Mai felt. The bed ridden girl fell still.

"I see." Whether her quiet response was brought on by shock or conscious effort couldn't be said.

Naoto stood by the boy's bedside, her head lowered in respectful silence. Her hands clasped in front of her she watched over him. In her head she had said many things. Not all of them kind.

Idiot. What were you thinking?

I kept telling you not to run off ahead and get yourself hurt.

Dammit, kid. You never knew when to quit.

In the end she settled with the only thing she could choke out.

"I'm sorry." Naoto placed her cap on Karl's hands and sat down wearily into the chair beside him.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:49 am

"Tell me... Karl..."

Mikoto looked towards Kuroko, wondering the answer to the same question herself. She had been asleep for a while, and had no idea of Karl’s current condition.

"He's asleep now." Kuroko replied after a moment’s hesitation. “They're not sure when he'll wake up." Her voice was careful and sympathetic, and the underlying implications were quite clear.

Mikoto felt her heart sink. She realised, she herself had played a large role in injuring Karl. Guilt throbbed painfully in her consciousness.

"I see." Mai’s quiet response took Mikoto by surprise, quickly replaced by admiration for the inner strength this girl was showing. But accepting such an unfortunate event was not something Mikoto could do so easily.

“Surely…” She turned to Kuroko hopefully. “Surely, there’s something they can do?”
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:00 pm

“Surely… Surely, there’s something they can do?”

"Don't." Mai shook her head. Her quiet, measured voice sounded weary. "He knew what he was doing. It's not your fault." She said, placing her hand on Mikoto's. For a moment she was silent. "Karl... Karl did something bad." A whisper of sadness crept into her serene tone. "He must have known what the consequences would be." Her head ached. She was forgetting something.

Her wrist throbbed painfully.

There was a knock on the door and the doctor stepped inside wearing a pleasant smile. Seeing Mikoto he glanced towards the teleporter beside her. Kuroko looked away with a guilty grimace. Heaven Canceller shook his head, his smile taking on a knowing quality.

"I had a feeling you'd be here." The man said. "I took the liberty of making a call. Someone is on their way to take you back to your dormitories." He explained. "I doubt it will make much of a difference, but please try to get some rest. You've been through a lot today it seems." The doctor chuckled. Mai looked to him with hope. "I'm afraid you'll need to stay here for a few days, Miss Kashiwagi." He said apologetically.

"Karl-" Mai started.

"He's stable." The doctor said simply. "Beyond that we'll just have to hope for the best." He looked down at the chart. "What a horrible thing, this 'Intensify'..." He tutted.

Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:07 pm

"Don't. He knew what he was doing. It's not your fault."

Mikoto stared down as Mai’s hand placed atop of hers in a comforting gesture. Not her fault? But she did hurt him…

"Karl... Karl did something bad. He must have known what the consequences would be."

Mikoto looked up, remembering something that Naoto had said.

“An inconvenient price…” She muttered under her breath. Echoes of the melody Naoto had sung during their battle suddenly reverberated in her thoughts. Was this Karl’s price then?

As Heaven Canceller stepped into the room, a small cry of “Gekota!” abruptly escaped from Mikoto’s lips. Then realising who it actually was, Mikoto turned a brilliant shade of pink and turned away with a hand covering her mouth.

"I had a feeling you'd be here. I took the liberty of making a call. Someone is on their way to take you back to your dormitories. I doubt it will make much of a difference, but please try to get some rest. You've been through a lot today it seems." The doctor chuckled. "I'm afraid you'll need to stay here for a few days, Miss Kashiwagi."

"Karl-"

"He's stable." The doctor said simply. "Beyond that we'll just have to hope for the best. What a horrible thing, this 'Intensify'..."

Mikoto kept quiet, allowing time for her embarrassment to fade away. She focused her thoughts on what had happened, the images whirling around in her mind. There were still some unanswered questions, but Mikoto didn’t think now was the time to pursue them. Mai needed rest after all. How she had met Karl, had gotten hold of Intensify and became involved in this whole mess weren’t that important anymore. What was done was done. Her junior was now safe so…

Huh?

A sudden thought came to mind, and Mikoto’s eyes widened.

‘No… That was…’

But Mai had used Intensify after all… Didn’t that mean…?

“Kashiwagi-san!” Mikoto cried frantically, turning to her. A wary and grim expression crossed her face, as if she expected her junior to collapse into a coma any time soon.

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Thu May 02, 2013 1:34 am

“Kashiwagi-san!”

Mai jumped with surprise.

"Huh?" She looked confused. The girl didn't feel any side effects, good or ill. All she felt was tired.

"Don't worry..." Heaven Canceller raised his hands, waving Mikoto down with a placating gesture. "Kashiwagi-san is showing no signs of side effects." He took his place at the girl's bedside and gestured to her wrist with his clipboard. "It was a good thing you got here so quickly. We were able to remove the substance without much trouble thanks to your quick thinking." He placed a hand on Mikoto's shoulder.

"You called it 'Intensify'..." Kuroko spoke up, the troubled expression not leaving her face. "Just what is it?"

Heaven Canceller shook his head.

"I couldn't say for certain." He began with a frown. "It disintegrated as soon as we removed it from Kashiwagi-san's arm." He recalled the small, glowing blue seed, no larger than a grain of rice. "I've never seen anything like it before." His dour face stretched into his characteristically gently smile. "In any case, you three needn't concern yourself with that sort of business. For now Kashiwagi-san needs her rest. You can come and visit once you've all recovered." He said, ushering the girls towards the door.

Kuroko tried to protest, but it seemed answers would have to wait. What troubled her more than anything was the possibility that more of that 'Intensify' remained. Where had it come from? And how had it made its way into the hands of Skill Out? Her brooding thoughts were cut short by an unwelcome voice.

"I can't leave you girls alone for a second, can I?" Guy sighed from the doorway with an easy going smile, equal parts relief and amusement. "Come on, it's getting late." He looked down at his watch. "Later..." He corrected himself.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko Sat May 04, 2013 3:43 pm

There was a knock on Karl's door and Touko opened the door slowly to see Naoto sitting by Karl's bedside. The unconscious boy looked almost peaceful and Touko stood at the end of his bed silently.

What could she say? Her eyes flickered to the androgynous girl but her guilt made it impossible to hold Naoto's gaze.

"He..." She started to speak but realised there was nothing she could say.
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Sat May 04, 2013 9:39 pm

"Don't worry… Kashiwagi-san is showing no signs of side effects. It was a good thing you got here so quickly. We were able to remove the substance without much trouble thanks to your quick thinking." Upon hearing this, Mikoto’s knees went weak with relief as Heaven Canceller placed a warm hand on her shoulder.

"You called it 'Intensify'..." Kuroko spoke up, still looking troubled, "Just what is it?"

"I couldn't say for certain. It disintegrated as soon as we removed it from Kashiwagi-san's arm. I've never seen anything like it before. In any case, you three needn't concern yourself with that sort of business. For now Kashiwagi-san needs her rest. You can come and visit once you've all recovered."

Mikoto knew perfectly well what was bothering Kuroko. It was gnawing at her too. There was every possibility that more of these Intensify drugs were still out there, being distributed. But who was the source? Was there a bigger motive for creating them..? Or was it just…?

"I can't leave you girls alone for a second, can I?" A familiar voice suddenly rang in her ears. "Come on, it's getting late." Mikoto looked up, eyes widening when she saw who it was. "Later..."

“You!” Mikoto yelped, completely forgetting that she was in a hospital. “What the heck are you doing here all of a sudden?!”
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Mon May 06, 2013 2:20 pm

“You! What the heck are you doing here all of a sudden?!”

He shrugged.

"I'm the poor sap who got sent to chaperon you two back home." Guy remarked with a slight roll of his eyes. Why he was needed, he couldn't say for certain. Surely he was the one in need of a chaperon? Still, he couldn't think of a better pair of bodyguards than a level four teleporter and the city's one and only level five Electromaster. Right now he was probably the safest person in Academy City.

"Ah, good to see you. I didn't think they'd-" Heaven Canceller started.

"-Send me all this way?" Guy finished for him. "Never a moment's peace. You know how it is." He shrugged ruefully. As ever his smile seemed to dispel any hint of bitterness from his words. The doctor nodded in sympathy.

"Actually, it's a good thing you're here. I've been meaning to talk with you-" Guy cut the frog faced doctor short again, holding out his palm to ward off the older man's words.

"Whatever it is, it can wait." The boy interrupted. "I'm tired and I'm not off the clock yet."

"I see. Well, call in as soon as you have time." The doctor said with a stern, fatherly warmth.

"Sure thing." Guy said, turning to the door with a wave. He looked over his shoulder as he waited at the door for Kuroko and Mikoto to follow.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Tue May 07, 2013 12:56 pm

Chaperon?! Did he seriously think she needed someone like him to find her way back home?

Before she could retort back however, Heaven Canceller had spoken up, addressing Guy like an old acquaintence. As the two exchanged words, Mikoto’s head turned this way and that, mouth slightly ajar in mild surprise that they seemed to know each other.

It mystified her, the way so many people appeared to know Guy even when he claimed he had only been at Academy City since the beginning of the year.

‘…maybe it’s just my way with people…’

Mikoto’s eyebrows twitched as those familiar old words suddenly resurfaced from her memories.

"I see. Well, call in as soon as you have time."
"Sure thing."

Guy looked over at them, obviously waiting for Kuroko and her to follow. Mikoto let out an annoyed huff, folding her arms across her chest pridefully.

“They actually sent you?!” The tone she used was full of insulting implications, “What, did they run out of teachers or something?”

Kuroko also looked miffed, eyeing Guy with suspicion. Noticing her Oneesama’s worsening mood however, soothing words quickly rolled off her tongue.

“Now now, Onee-sama. We really should head back home anyway, so we may as well make good use of that prima- teacher to guide us through the dangerous night. You must lie down and rest and let Kuroko take care of your needs-“

“Fine, I get it, I get it!” Mikoto grumbled, walking towards the door. Ignoring Guy completely, the electromaster gave a respectful nod towards Heaven Canceller then turned to Mai with a cheerful smile and a wave.

“Rest well, Kashiwagi-san! We’ll visit again very soon, okay?”

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Wed May 08, 2013 2:09 am

“They actually sent you?! What, did they run out of teachers or something?”

"They're all asleep." He replied bitterly. "And I'll have you know I'm missing a hot date for this." He grumbled, though no one was listening. His mind briefly turned towards Yomikawa Aiho, who over drinks had told him about the incident involving two Tokiwadai girls and a handful of delinquents. With a mature smile the woman had asked him a simple favour. His face had dropped when she asked him to escort two wayward students home from the hospital.

Honestly, who listens to their scanner when they're on a date?

He sighed.

“Fine, I get it, I get it!”

Kuroko bounded into Mikoto, tackling her with a boistrous hug. Mai smiled as much as she could in her exhausted state and laughed. Before today she wouldn't have thought anyone would have come to her rescue when she was in trouble. But now, because of Mikoto, she knew what it was like to have friends she could rely on.

“Rest well, Kashiwagi-san! We’ll visit again very soon, okay?”

Mai beamed back a pale smile, seeming happy despite her weary face.

"What were you two doing out past curfew anyway?" Guy asked. Kuroko was about to explain at length the important work they had been doing, eager to put the arrogant boy in his place when... "Won't your supervisor get mad? I hear they're pretty strict at Tokiwadai." Kuroko's heart caught in he throat and her head snapped to Mikoto.

"The Dorm Mistress!" Her words were strangled with terror.

Heaven Canceller chuckled quietly to himself as he watched the three of them leave.

Naoto lifted her head briefly to acknowledge Touko, but otherwise she didn't move. The both of them shared in the guilt. Each felt they had played their own part in his situation.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Sun May 12, 2013 9:15 am

“Urgh! Kuroko, get off!!” Mikoto tried to untangle herself from Kuroko’s grabbing limbs as Mai smiled.

"What were you two doing out past curfew anyway? Won't your supervisor get mad? I hear they're pretty strict at Tokiwadai."

Mikoto’s eyes grew wide with fear as Kuroko’s head snapped towards hers. The expression on her junior’s face would have been comical had the situation not been so dire.

"The Dorm Mistress!" The two girls squawked out in terror simultaneously.

“We have to go NOW!” Mikoto yelped and the two Tokiwadai students immediately sprang into action. In perfect sync, their hands locked around Guy’s arms without mercy, dragging their ‘chaperone’ out of the door in a wild dash to quickly rush back home.
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Tue May 14, 2013 2:50 am

“We have to go NOW!

Guy didn't resist as he was dragged through the doorway and out of the hospital. Instead allowing the two girls to lead him out of the hospital with minimal fuss. A few people shot them wary looks, most aimed at the young man who was fairly sprinting behind the girls to keep up. Kuroko cursed the dead weight slowing them down. Without the boy she could quite easily have teleported them back in a matter of minutes.

As they passed Trystan the esper felt his blood chill and he turned as though startled.

"What was that?" He said, suppressing the deep urge to shiver as though some inexorable force was breathing down his neck. He brushed off the feeling as the two girls disappeared with their reluctant captive.

"First day on the job went well..." He mused to himself.

Guy staggered, panting as they arrived back at the dormitories and Kuroko released him from her grip, snatching Mikoto's hand and dragging her to the doors. Using abilities was strictly forbidden in the dormitory grounds and the risk of being caught too high.

They were going to have to sneak in.

"Shirai-san." Kuroko's back went rigid. "Misaka-san." The Dorm Mistress spoke in a cold, clipped tone. Standing there, arms crossed in an imposing fashion, she glared at them coldly through her glasses.

Kuroko was immobilised.

"Do you know what time it is?"

So this was the woman that had these two so frightened, he thought.

"Sorry about that." Guy apologised, stepping in front of the girls. He smiled disarmingly at the woman. "I'm their teacher and I had they were helping me out. I couldn't have asked for two better bodyguards to escort me this way." He lied through his teeth. "Its my fault really, so let them off the hook." He pleaded, propping himself up against the wall on his elbow and he leaned in, whispering quietly.

"Just this once?" He smiled at her again, gesturing behind his back for the two girls to hurry past. The woman looked between the trio with an unreadable expression.

"Get to your rooms." She said simply.

Guy pulled back, a little stunned.

"Oh. Well. Uhh. OK." He said, trying to compose himself. Who was this woman who could resist his charm so easily? As she turned to leave he almost dropped to his knees, staring at the ground. He raised his hand. It was shaking. Such a powerful presence... He knew now what had those two so frightened.

"A worthy opponent indeed." He uttered, half coughing as he sloped off, dejected.

Guy did not make his way back home until early the next morning after the bars had closed.

"Half of our stock!" The boy bellowed, slamming his fist into the steel cargo container beside him. The crash reverberated through the hollow structure.

"It's a minor setback." The deep, rumbling voice stated with dry authority. "With the samples we have now we'll recover within the month."

"A fucking month!" Kenji kicked the container.

"Do not be too concerned with the present. Our long term plans remain unchanged." The figure was clad in a heavy black coat, his face hidden from view.

Kenji looked into the darkness of the warehouse for a moment. All of a sudden his temper exploded and he unleashed a barrage of punches and kicks into the side of the container. Finally he turned , launching something from his hand and it speared towards the opposite side of the room like a bullet, shearing through several containers as it did so and leaving a smoking hole in its wake. Kenji was panting and he growled in pain, clutching his temples.

The boy arched his back and screamed, the red light in his eyes dying.

"More..." He wheezed like a runner after a marathon. "I need more..."

A hand unfurled from the shadows holding a handful of glowing blue seeds.

"Save your strength."

From within the folds of darkness that veiled the figure's face a pair of bright red lights appeared.

"Our Harvest is just beginning." The deep voice intoned to a cowering Kurama Kenji.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Tue May 14, 2013 12:55 pm

"Shirai-san. Misaka-san."

Mikoto stiffened, eyes widening with fear. Her head slowly turned upwards to be met with the most terrible vision of the Dorm Mistress staring down at them with her usual cold glare. She could feel Kuroko’s hand shaking, wrapped around hers. Or was that herself shaking…?

"Do you know what time it is?"

Mikoto gulped audibly, trying to work out some kind of plausible explanation that would satisfy the Dorm Mistress while preventing them from getting into trouble. But her brain simply refused to work, and her lips were glued together in terror.

"Sorry about that."

Mikoto almost flinched when Guy suddenly spoke. She had forgotten about him completely for a moment, so caught up in the horror that was the Dorm Mistress.

Mikoto’s eyes grew wider when the idiot stepped in front of them, smiling at the strict woman.

‘What is he doing? Does he want to get slaughtered?!’ Mikoto thought frantically. She suddenly realised he probably had no clue just how terrifying the Dorm Mistress could be.

"I'm their teacher and I had they were helping me out. I couldn't have asked for two better bodyguards to escort me this way." Mikoto stared with wonder as he lied. "Its my fault really, so let them off the hook."

"Just this once?" The teacher leaned forward, gesturing for the girls to hurry past. Mikoto’s mouth fell open at his bold act. Kuroko pulled at her hand, wanting to seize this chance.

Honestly..? This is going to work…?

The Dorm Mistress’ face was unreadable.

"Get to your rooms."

Of course not…

“Y-yes!” Mikoto squeaked. As she darted past with Kuroko, the electromaster gave Guy a single, curious glance.

An hour later…

“Just who the heck does he think he is?!” Mikoto cried in frustration as she walked out of the bathroom wearing green Gekota pajamas. She picked up a comb from her desk and ran it through her wet hair energetically.

“Standing up to the Dorm Mistress like that… He must have had a death wish.” She suddenly paused, looking a little worried about something. “Heck, maybe she actually did kill him after we left…” She muttered.

Her roommate and junior gave no response from her side of the room, but the electromaster hardly noticed.

Mikoto resumed her combing and monologue with a snort.

“It probably made him feel good, trying to act all cool and heroic! His stupid antics made no difference at all!”

Actually, that statement wasn’t quite true. A few minutes after they had returned to their rooms, the Dorm Mistress had come up to announce their punishment.

-flashback-

“This guarantees an entire week of detention,” the demanding woman declared, pushing those trademark spectacles sharply up her nose.
“…Under normal circumstances, that is. Since you arrived under the supervision of a Tokiwadai teacher and it is obvious you have sustained injuries…”
Her narrowed eyes fell upon the bandages around Mikoto’s arm suspiciously, “I suppose have no choice but to make an exception in this case.”

Hardly daring to breathe, Mikoto and Kuroko furiously nodded.

“But,” That one word froze their weak smiles in place. “We must make sure such ‘exceptions’ never happen again, isn’t that right? Misaka-san, Shirai-san?”

By then, sweat was running freely down the sides of their faces.

“Y-yes, D-dorm M-mistress,” they stuttered in sync.

-end flashback-

“We still bloody got three days worth of detention! Cleaning the main hall AND the dining room?!” Mikoto’s voice grew rougher and higher in pitch as she tugged the comb through her hair viciously, “Are you friggin’ kidding me?!!”

The brush she had been using slammed angrily onto her desk. Still, Kuroko gave no response, merely sitting quietly on her bed. What Mikoto was failing to notice was the rather creepy smile ever growing upon her junior’s lips and the faraway look in her eyes as she stared at her Oneesama.

Now that Mikoto was freshly bathed and changed into comfortable clothes, she felt the day’s exhaustion bear down upon her fully. Her rant had also contributed to this effect, a final expenditure of the excessive energy she had had possessed.

“Gee I’m tired…” She flopped onto her bed, wincing when she was painfully reminded of her injuries.

“Oww… This is so annoying.” Mikoto grumbled, trying in vain to find a position that was comfortable.
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Tue May 21, 2013 1:56 am

Slender arms snaked around Mikoto's own in a hug that was at once gentle but also tight like the grip of a boa constrictor.

"Allow Kuroko to nurse you off to sleep." The perverted teleporter cooed gently into the older girl's ear as she closed her eyes in blissful reverie.

The sound of her cries reverberated through the grounds of the Tokiwadai dormitories as blue flashes were seen from the two girls' window.

Another window looked out onto the dormitory grounds. A stuffed bear sat on a certain girl's bedside table, smiling. A special place of honour for a special gift.

In the night sky above a star blinked brightly for but a second.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10