Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Aoki Aiko Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:54 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

War of Roses: Magicians at War Conception Discussion

+3
Hujisaka Natsumi
Seluna Wilson
[Old] Index
7 posters

Go down

War of Roses: Magicians at War Conception Discussion Empty War of Roses: Magicians at War Conception Discussion

Post  [Old] Index Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:25 am

I was talking with some of you on chantago yesterday and felt like starting something to keep myself busy while I'm unconscious in the plot.

After several discussions I decided it's best to lay down my ideas and ask everyone what they think of the ideas I have so far.

This thread will start right after Deep Blood/Radio Noise plot.

Index having been freed from direct supervision from Necessarius chose to live in Academy City which puts her in danger.

Seeing a good opportunity to remove Index Librorum Prohibitorum, a faction of the Roman Catholic Church decides to take direct actions by sending their assassins to kill off Index while she is in neutral grounds, Academy City while being in disguise.

Roman Catholics decides to request for assistance from several Magicians affiliated with them such as Charlemagne J. Duvivier, Emiya Shirou in their plot to disguise themselves as members of the Russian Orthodox Church to carry out the execution.

Meanwhile, Laura Stuart of Necessarius had cut off all communication with Magicians of Necessarius within Academy City as it's a very delicate situation where the slightest wrong move can call for a diplomatic disaster. She has chosen to have faith in her magicians to do what they feel is right, taking a neutral stance on the whole situation while keeping the option of framing her magicians for insubordination if she deemed a scapegoat is required to avoid a declaration of war.

Annhilatus has issued out a missive for Sasha Kreutzev to investigate the unknown enemies who are posing as members of Russian Orthodox Church and eliminate them for slandering their good name.

That's the magicians in a nutshell.

As for the Espers.

Judgment has notified their members of a suspicious activity and reports and sightings of unidentified hostile Espers in various areas within Academy City. They have been given strict orders not to engage these "Espers" at all times and to leave the investigation to the Anti-Skill. Only orders they've received is to evacuate civilians within the areas where these dangerous individuals are found and call the Anti-Skill for backup.

Several underground Esper organization (Hound Dog, SCHOOL, ITEM, BLOCK, SYNDICATE, Dawn of Darkness) has also been contacted by an unknown client (Superintendent of Academy City) to keep an eye on the infiltrators not to engage them but to make sure no Espers get in the way of a Magicians war against each other. He has given strict orders that no Espers must come in contact with the infiltrators let alone defeat them. They have been given permission to engage any Espers foolish enough to ignore the evacuation order and take out potential witnesses (news crew, stray judgment, random Espers.).

Anti-Skill has been ordered to surround the parameter and assist with civilian evacuation but is not to engage the infiltrators without the back-up arrival of Powered Suits.

That's the general idea I have at the moment. I've tried to include everyone into it but if I forgot to add a faction or if you would like to add any personal input, I'd like to hear from you before I talk with guy to setup a thread.
[Old] Index
[Old] Index
Dedicatus545

Back to top Go down

War of Roses: Magicians at War Conception Discussion Empty Re: War of Roses: Magicians at War Conception Discussion

Post  Seluna Wilson Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:20 am

Well like we spoke on the Cbox. Seluna would join this side story. Since it ties very well with her reason for being in Academy city.

So if Index is in danger then she'll step in.
Seluna Wilson
Seluna Wilson
Voluntatis323

Back to top Go down

War of Roses: Magicians at War Conception Discussion Empty Re: War of Roses: Magicians at War Conception Discussion

Post  [Old] Index Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:52 am

I would have liked a little more input from Charles and Shirou to confirm whether they're up for it or not.

Regardless I'm already going to put this into motion and post for your introduction thread Seluna.
[Old] Index
[Old] Index
Dedicatus545

Back to top Go down

Post  Seluna Wilson Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:30 pm

So Dawn of Darkness wants some involvement in this. I am talking on behalf of Natsumi and Miyako (Same person) and of Keima (Me)

We were thinking on how to get involve in the plot or as a side story to this side story hehe.

Our idea was.

Natsumi receives orders from Miyako for the Job of patrolling the area and keeping Judment / people / Anti Skill from the area. So does Keima but at the moment he hasn't become involved with DoD. On her patrol Natsumi encounters Johana and mistakes her for a civilian and tries to persuade her to leave, things turn sour and Johana decides to get rid of Natsumi on account of being seen and for being an Heretic. Keima walks in and with Natsumi's help they escape together. At this point Johana could either hunt them or leave them be (Up to you) but X mercenary group decides to take out Natsumi&Keima for being witnesses not knowing that they are working on the same contract.

Depending on how things go in the plot Natsumi and Keima can get more involve. By the end their hunt would end due to Miyako's intervention and would recruit Keima into her group.
Seluna Wilson
Seluna Wilson
Voluntatis323

Back to top Go down

Post  [Old] Index Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:55 am

Sorry for the very late reply.

I was busy trying to setup everything here at the new place I moved to and haven't had much time to look into this at all.

Now that I'm back and starting to ease back into the flow of things I can start to answer your suggestion with a clearer understanding.

While the general idea isn't bad I thought I should mention that picking a fight with a Magician is something Aleister would have wanted to avoid at all cost.

Similar to how when Sherry Cromwell invaded Academy City it was decided between Necessarius and Aleister that the Science side should NOT involve themselves with the matters involving a rogue magician since the whole world is watching and the very idea of the Science side defeating a Magician could become a huge ordeal which would speed towards a cold war. Sherry Cromwell was trying to provoke the science side and to ultimately be defeated by someone from the Science side, aka Espers which in turn would incite a war between the Magic Cabals and Academy City.

Similarly all matters regarding the Magical side in this side story was deliberately chosen to be handled by the Magicians of each cabals while Academy City will support them from the shadows trying to minimize civilian casualties and to take out the lingering eyes trying to take a peek at whatever goes on between the magicians.

As such I think after much thoughts, Miyako wouldn't leave out the details of who their VIP targets are such as Johanna.

Deliberately going against the wishes of her most dangerous client Aleister Crowley might not sit well with the organization as a whole, this is of course left to question for natsumi to decide if this is a direction that DoD wants to take. To make enemy of Aleister Crowley and become direct enemies of Academy City as a whole or to obey his orders down to the last letter. I'll have to leave that part for you and natsumi to consider before making the final decision to whether or not you guys will engage Johanna or other Magicians.

In a nutshell, an Esper taking out a Magician will create a diplomatic problem which may result to world war. While some of us know that we'll probably get to that at some stage, it's too early hence why Academy City wants to prevent it as much as possible.

Alternatively though you may then ask yourselves, if you can't fight the magicians then who will you be fighting against in this side arc?

1. Science Society
The ever so creepy science faction led by Kihara Gensei which operates independently from Aleister's direct orders. These guys are as zealous about the power of science as Roman Catholics are about their religion and some of the more radical kinds aren't afraid to go to war with the Magicians at all. Rather they want to take this chance to provoke them in anyway possible.

2. SCHOOL
Indirectly they are Hired by Science Society much before they were contacted by Crowley and hence as a mercenary group they will do all they can to bypass the defense lines Crowley will setup starting with Judgment, Anti-Skill and shady organizations and ultimately there to kill off Magicians as per directed by the Science Society.

3. Misaka Mikoto Faction
Let's face it, Misaka Mikoto is a Lv5 Electromaster who can't seem to stay out of trouble and if she does then that probably isn't the Biribiri we all know and love. For one reason or another she'll become involved with the plot, this probably needs fleshing out but for example she meets Index in trouble because a certain vending machine eats the money she found in Kamijo's secret saving cookie jar. One way or another the Magicians close in on them in the park and Mikoto becomes involved with the conflict and where Mikoto is involved she can expect her trusty allies to jump into the fray even if it means going against Judgment, Anti-Skills best efforts to crowd control the area.

4. Anti-Skill
I might at some stage have Yomikawa Aiho and her squad break off from the main platoon to pursue who they believe are bystanders and normal middle school students and just because they are not Espers doesn't mean Aiho and her squad are simple pushovers when encountering hostile Esper children.

I think there is plenty more opponents Keima and Natsumi can tackle other than the ones I just listed. That doesn't mean I'm going to close off all possibilities of you guys running into one of the Magicians involved with the royal rumble. I've already explained the facts revolving around the various factions and potential consequences for being involved with them so I want to hear back from you two and find the best solution of what you guys want to do in the side arc.
[Old] Index
[Old] Index
Dedicatus545

Back to top Go down

Post  [Old] Index Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:46 am

Hmm
[Old] Index
[Old] Index
Dedicatus545

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:56 pm

Sorry we didn't get back at you yet. 'Twould seem that Kozeph is incredibly busy and didn't have the time to talk...
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Well you know that I'm on board. Just let me know what you need from me NPC-wise and if you want either of my characters (or Touko) involved.
Guy Li
Guy Li
A Certain Mysterious Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:21 pm

I'd be willing to participate if you need me :3 Sorry I've been so absent lately, but I'll try to reply to posts the best I can!

Spoiler:

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t81-esper-misaka-mikoto

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:32 am

On a final note, I think Keima and I agree to back off from War of Roses, as he is busy and I may have other plans for DAWN during.

Sorry for the bother.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Seluna Wilson Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:39 pm

Seluna on the other hand will be fully involved in the plot I will try to post tonight. I'm sorry I've been kinda absent.

Until mid October my activity will be kinda ehh... So my responses might be slow. If anyone needs to contact me asap let Natsume knows how to contact me.
Seluna Wilson
Seluna Wilson
Voluntatis323

Back to top Go down

Post  [Old] Index Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:21 pm

Misaka Mikoto wrote:I'd be willing to participate if you need me :3 Sorry I've been so absent lately, but I'll try to reply to posts the best I can!
I added you to the story. Atm you're chasing your clone because she somehow obtained your shorts and is wearing them while you are wearing nothing beneath the skirt.

The weather is sunny but theres alot of breeze which is a real pain for Mikoto because it also means she can't run at full speeds to catch 10032 unless she can somehow run without being embarassed at the voluntary panty scenes for bystanders to awe at.
[Old] Index
[Old] Index
Dedicatus545

Back to top Go down

Post  Fujiwara Sayuri Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:54 pm

I'd join but the date can't be between "Deep Blood" and "Radio Noise".
Fujiwara Sayuri appears in the city during "Radio Noise", however Kita has always been in the city and is part of DISPEL.

The incidents with magic users would attract DISPEL's attention; as they are a reconnaissance group who deal with abnormal events in Academy City which have yet to be solved.

The group consists of 4 members (not including affiliates) and this is the group in a nutshell. (I'll be adding Kiyoshi and Hiroki's profile pages soon)
DISPEL members:
- Mori Kita : Stealth & Stealing
- Fujiwara Ami : Radar & Communication
- Tanaka Kiyoshi : Tactics & Backup
- Inoue Hiroki : Leader & Politics
_________

On the assumption that the roleplay is set after Radio Noise.. then the following would happen:

Sayuri would be registered in the city as an 'Esper' despite being a magician; having met her sister and Kita who helped protect her while she was being processed into the city.

~Mirror371

Back to top Go down

Post  [Old] Index Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:51 am

I'm a little confused by recon organization. More specifically what the organization DISPEL specializes in.

As the name suggests it seems like DISPEL works mostly behind the scenes in stealth while choosing to avoid direct confrontation judging from the members and their roles.

If it's for the sake of discovering the Magicians, I plan on having them terrorize public areas at random (bit similar to when Sherry Cromwell attacked) and their arrival would have been picked up by Aleistor miles away before they began infiltrating Academy City which means recon work would have already been done to begin with.

Lot of the organizations as you mentioned are being hired by Aleistor to keep tabs on any rogue Espers or Anti-Skill/Judgment from getting anywhere close to the Magicians since defeating any of the Magicians from the Science Side COULD be taken as a official declaration of war.

Magicians needs to be dealt with from the Magic side while the organizations has to deal with the Science Side that could potentially try and meddle with the magical confrontations. Basically they're hired to protect Magicians from Science Side in order to avoid war.

... is what I intended but seeing as we currently have more or less NO Magicians (aside from few very few exceptions. Yes Sayuri is a Magician but officially she's known as an Esper so that would still not sit well in the Magic side politically.) I may need to revise my initial plans abit.
[Old] Index
[Old] Index
Dedicatus545

Back to top Go down

Post  [Old] Index Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:29 pm

Posted a short update for Erika. If you have any question feel free to ask me. =D

Edit: Sorry because I haven't heard from you for a long time I've pulled you off the thread.

Last edited by Index on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Old] Index
[Old] Index
Dedicatus545

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Whoah.... okay... I just realised that the IC thread for this has already started >___> <____<
Sorry guys... SoI'm meant to be posting there now? :S Uhhhh, so, this starts after Radio? I'm guessing it's also after Arc 3 then? I'm just trying to get my head around the timeline... It's so far ahead XDD

Spoiler:

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t81-esper-misaka-mikoto

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyou Rindou Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:47 am

This is a hostile takeover. I am entering this as heavy cost to you, your family, and your cakes.
Surrender your sweets and let me into the RP.

...Please? *puppy eyes*
Kyou Rindou
Kyou Rindou
Level 2 Precognition

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:23 pm

I'd also appreciate and update on this thread. Index, didn't you have an entrance planned? If you want me to write my way in then I can, but I don't want to disrupt a plan if you have one.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  [Old] Index Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:53 pm

Right I'm posting for Kyou and Vanni tonight or tomorrow.

Also posted intro for Guy and still waiting on Mikoto's response.

EDIT: Had too much work and didn't get anything done. I'll post more tomorrow sorry guys.
[Old] Index
[Old] Index
Dedicatus545

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Not sure when you editted your post, Index, but I'll just bump this as a reminder.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyou Rindou Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:59 am

For whatever reason, I can't find War of Roses...
Edit: Never mind, finally found it...
So, what was your plan, Index?
Kyou Rindou
Kyou Rindou
Level 2 Precognition

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum