Staff Members

Guy
Founder

Natsumi
Administrator

Iva
Moderator

Latest topics
» [?] A Certain Masked Man OOC
by Oda Taichi Today at 5:03 pm

» Uhm. Hiya. New possible thread?
by Aoki Aiko Yesterday at 9:49 pm

» [SS] Arduous Tasks
by Aoki Aiko Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:29 pm

» [SS] Through the Eyes of the Silent Dolls
by Kinoshita Nori Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:07 pm

» [SS] Chasse au Lapin
by Kira Kohaku Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:29 pm

» [SS] Friends with Benefits OOC
by Nikolas Remes Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:07 pm

» [?] A Certain Masked Man
by Damion Koyoko Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:43 pm

» [SS] Shenanigans
by Kinoshita Nori Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:03 am

» KISMET DIVIDED | a duo RP inspired by Loveless
by Guest Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:24 pm

» [SS] The Ballad of the Oddities
by Oda Taichi Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:07 pm

Important Topics





















Affiliates
Board Rating:





RPG-D PPN Top 50
RolePlayGateway

Affiliated RPs:

Castlevania 
Inspired Original Fantasy RP
Affiliated RPs (-18):

www.AbaddonCity.com (18+) F/BC



[?] A Certain Masked Man

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Damion Koyoko on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:27 am

The boy's legs only felt pain when they stopped, as the adrenaline shooting through his body while running along with the strange girl kept flowing, hearing the explosions in the background and seeing smoke rise from over the buildings they were running between. If he stayed there any longer, he would've died whether on accident or on purpose, it made no difference.

“I was thinking "anywhere where those madmen aren't. In hindsight that's probably asking for a little too much, though... Oh well. As long as we're steering clear of Beaming Woman for now.”

So this mysterious heroine who saved Koyoko's life, assumes they won't be getting away that easily. There was no get-away vehicle, there was no easily accessible sewage drain, there wasn't any convenient way for them to get away from those two, assuming they were looking for him and the package still.

"You gotta be kidding me..Damnit!" The esper panted out as he did his best to keep up with the sprinting girl. He still felt the stinging of his arm from the boiling water from before, and realized that it might keep him from using it. He would lower the temperature around it to help with the burns, but he was too concentrated on getting away at this point. Yet, as if on cue, the girl slowed down to almost a walking pace, letting him catch his breath. He didn't waste this opportunity to freeze him arm at a cooler temperature, at least cold enough to deal with the pain. "N-nnngh..!"

“Let me guess, carrier boy; you've got no clue of what it is you almost got killed over." Feeling his other arm being let go, the boy's eyes furrowed for a moment upon her asking such a question. It didn't confirm that she isn't one of the runners, but any courier knew that they were never under any circumstances to know the contents of the packages they hold, unless the rare emergency circumstance would occur. The boy felt tense around his savior, as he felt her goal was the exact same as the other two. However, was he in any condition to fight? Obviously she was an esper with some sort of heat related ability. For all he knew, she could boil him from the inside out. He can only control the air around him and in his body, but nothing he can do can counter such an attack.

"...Of course I don't. Why bother asking something so obvious?" The boy growled as he rolled up his sleeve to look at his arm. This skin was all read and blisters were showing up, and from looks of it, some 2nd degree burns. Boiling water can cool very quickly when outside of a cauldron or heated metal pot, but stay hot long enough to cause damage. Clicking his tongue,
he kept the temperature freezing around his arm.

"Tch...Though unlike all other assignments, this one paid an unusually high amount. On top of that, I've never had anyone try to take it from me. They may be psychopaths back there, but I think it's obvious they are after what's in that parcel." The boy pointed at it, and stayed his tongue from accusing her of trying to obtain it as well, because picking a fight with her was definitely out of the question. "But it begs the question why you bothered to help me, when you could've just snagged the bag, without the idiot who was dumb enough to take this job. Do you intend to use me as bait? As far as they know, I still have it. And you get walk off scot-free." He figured this was the case, and there was nothing he could really do about the situation since this person probably had an ability he couldn't counter.
avatar
Damion Koyoko
Level 2 Aero Hand

Posts : 225
Join date : 2014-02-26
Age : 21
Location : District 15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi on Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:52 pm

The moment he had admitted to his uselessness was the moment she had lost any kind of even remote interest in the boy. It went as far as questioning whether or not she should've actually saved him, but it was good point he brought up.

“Oh, my bad. I did that because I thought you'd be somewhat useful, but I should've left you to die. Don't worry, when those maniacs start pursuing us again I'll make sure you're the first victim whether by collateral or direct damage.” She heartlessly stated with a bored expression unfitting of the condemning words she had spoken, not even bothering to look at Koyoko since he seemed to be pretty ungrateful of this generosity of hers overall.

Taking a deep breath and exhaling, she urgently fought a need to open this bag and check what was inside. It was something she felt like she would have to do anyway since she was already on a hit list, but she currently didn't want to risk opening it in front of someone who could snatch it...

On the other hand, it very well meant that someone could snatch it before she got a chance to even figure out what was inside.

She clicked her tongue at this rock and hard place situation and settled on carefully looking around. It likely wouldn't be much longer until someone arrives to stuff their heads in that bag along the merchandise.
avatar
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Posts : 643
Join date : 2013-05-06
Location : Tokiwadai's Middle School, Academy City.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Damion Koyoko on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:58 pm

The girl in front of her was practically no different then the two he met before. Condescending, heartless, robotic. To him, any action or thought he put through his mind was based on the need and desire to survive this abnormal set of circumstances, but to the psychopath, beam-beam lady, and now this hooded girl, they might as well be going down a check list. Just another day at work. To them, Koyoko was a liability and a small obstacle that was a matter of tolerating or ignoring long enough before ultimately removing him from the situation.

At her heartless words, the boy sighed. "So you are no different from them..Figures." Why be grateful to this girl? Was it that he had no chance to escape to begin with? He could've figured something out, without burning his arm with boiling water. It was by mere luck that he still had the package at hand and it was easier to get him to cooperate and run, rather than wrestle the parcel from him in a fog.

However, Koyoko soon realised that despite not seeing her face, it was clear she was staring at the parcel in her hand, as if trying to come to terms with something, but ultimately couldn't make a decision. Was it to destroy it? Open it? Forget it? It was probably at least one of those, but at least it gave him a few ideas as to what to do. Coming up toward her, he reached over and grabbed it out of her hand rather quickly, and backed away a bit before she might give a harsh blow.

"Jeez, you pick a fight with some crazy beam bitch, and some clown in a mask, and you can't even decide what to do with this. I'm already screwed at this point, so I rather know what I'm about to die for, so if you'll excuse me.." Koyoko was planning to open it, regardless of the consequences, since the girl made it clear that she was going to leave him to die anyway. At least if he sees what's inside, he can decide if he wished to destroy it or not. Perhaps that might be his only way out of this. Of course, the girl in front of him would be the one to stop him if she was against it.
avatar
Damion Koyoko
Level 2 Aero Hand

Posts : 225
Join date : 2014-02-26
Age : 21
Location : District 15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Aleister Crowley on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:17 pm

The eerie quiet of the deserted street was abruptly broken by the metallic rattle of something like a steel bar clattering to the ground. A second later and the glass of a window beside Koyoko cracked loudly and then shattered as if it had been struck from the inside.

The street lights began to fizzle out and flicker, growing dim for a second before flaring brighter like candles blown by an unfelt wind. With a startlingly loud bang the set of lights on the far end of the street exploded in sparks, the shadows deepening. One by one the street lamps blew, a wall of encroaching darkness approaching the pair in steps. The road behind them was the same. The street lights spraying blunt shards of safety glass as they blew out in sequence. Soon only the lights above them remained, a single strip of luminescence spanning the width of the street. Beyond the veil of shadows, the gloom concealed some slight movement that drew the eyes of those who caught a glimpse.

Something coiled around the courier boy's leg. Something cold and thin like a tendril and in an instant it pulled taut drawing him up into the air by his ankle. Up above the dazzling glare of the street lamp obscured the black clad figure, coat spread like the wings of some great black bird. Hands like talons raked at the girl as the Masked Man descended upon his prey. The wire holding Koyoko aloft went slack, dropping him unceremoniously to the ground below.
avatar
Aleister Crowley
General Superintendant of Academy City

Posts : 218
Join date : 2012-06-11
Location : The Windowless Building

View user profile http://academycity.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi on Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:06 pm

"So you are no different from them..Figures."

“Surely I shouldn’t be blamed for your lack of discernment of your allies? Following random women along in alleyways doesn’t make me malicious as much as it makes you an absolute retard. I also don’t recall owing anything to you to deserve your expectations; in fact it’s the other way around. She calmly retorted, being more than used to the idea of people blaming her for their problems as soon as she’d save them.

People in this city were particularly ungrateful and quick to point fingers away, so it had long since reached a point where she scarcely bothered to care anymore.

"Jeez, you pick a fight with some crazy beam bitch, and some clown in a mask, and you can't even decide what to do with this. I'm already screwed at this point, so I rather know what I'm about to die for, so if you'll excuse me.."

“...Watch it, courier boy. Continue your pointless bitching and I’ll make sure you won’t have  to bother with jobs like these anymore.” A dangerous tone was starting to line her words, and if Koyoko could see under that ridiculously large hoodle of hers, he’d likely notice that her expression in itself emanated strong murderous vibes as if no one would know if he disappeared right here and now.

Expressing that, she tried to reach out for the bag he had wiggled off her shoulder once more, but her eyes suddenly widened as a well concealed sense of danger finally presented itself.

Crack!

Forced to bring her arm up to protect her face from the glass debris, it didn’t take long before she figured out that the streetlamps were being destroyed to restrict their ease of movement.

"Fuck." She "gracefully" uttered as she forced herself to see past her arm and beyond the boy’s way too unguarded back, trying her best to locate a source for this particularly extravagant glass farce. Thankfully for either him or her, though it was brief, she was certain she’d caught a glimmer heading their way.

Heading their way fast.

“On second thought, you’re excused!” She shouted as she quickly sprung to action: landing a square kick in Koyoko’s stomach to both use him as bait – considering how well he’d received being saved earlier – and hope that it’d be enough disturbance for him to let go of the bag she had reached to grab its strap.

Though baiting was likely in vain as it seemed she was indeed the next target once the boy had been thrown around like a sack of potatoes. Clicking her tongue from her revealed involvement, she pulled a gun from underneath her hoodle and shot in the general direction of the clad figure. Useless, she knew very well, but it was a necessary time gain to ensure the bag was in her possession and far more intertwined with her shoulder than it'd previously been, likely more reliable than it could ever be in the hands of the courier boy, before she proceeded to cautiously but rapidly step back.
avatar
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Posts : 643
Join date : 2013-05-06
Location : Tokiwadai's Middle School, Academy City.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Damion Koyoko on Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:56 am

"Surely I shouldn’t be blamed for your lack of discernment of your allies? Following random women along in alleyways doesn’t make me malicious as much as it makes you an absolute retard. I also don’t recall owing anything to you to deserve your expectations; in fact it’s the other way around"

"At least she didn't dress shady and nagged like my cranky old grandma..."

The two continued to bicker, and thanks to that he managed to get his fingers on the package which was now in his hands. Though upon staring at it, he began having second thoughts about opening it. What if he does make it out alive by some miracle? Then what? If these are the types of people that are involved in this sort of business, would someone similar be sent after him if the package goes missing, or he peaked inside? Worst of all, if he let anyone he didn't trust take it, that would be essentially throwing away his life.

Yet this strange girl, expects him to just hand it over, saving his life only to potentially lose it by the same 'hero' who bravely stepped into danger to save him. How exactly could he call her an ally?

...Watch it, courier boy. Continue your pointless bitching and I’ll make sure you won’t have  to bother with jobs like these anymore.

Despite the inner debate in his head, as the girl reached to grab the package from him, Koyoko actually started to hand it over instinctively. Perhaps he was misjudging her. Perhaps this wasn't the time to think about the future. He should just apologise and get a move on before people show up.

Crack!

-Is what would have happened if not for the breaking of several street lamps, eerily cracking one by one as the streets around them began to darken except for one lamp above them, which illuminated the prey of for the hunter quite nicely.

"Fuck."
"Fuck."

They both knew something was coming, but perhaps one more so than the other. Koyoko wasn't sure if it was the beam girl, or the clown after them. Considering that she was more abrupt and seemed to ignore 'subtlety' in any of her actions and decisions, it must of been the latter.

Examining the surroundings frantically, he eventually turned to the hooded girl."Not good! Quick tak- GAAK?!"

“On second thought, you’re excused!” Koyoko was about to give the far more competent of the pair the package, the girl didn't hesitate to kick him straight in the stomach sending him toppling to the ground. "Agh!..What the hell was tha- O-Ooooh fuuuu-!!!?!" At that point the absurdity continued, as during that conflict a thin wire wrapped around him in an attempt to immobilize the boy and the package as well. With the boy's hair and limbs reaching from the ground, he looked up to see that the man somehow managed to get him caught on the light, however what really terrified him was the masked man himself, gliding down to finish the job.

As he did so, Koyoko's wire suddenly slackened and let go of his leg, sending him plummeting toward the ground. In an attempt to comfort the fall, he would try to form a ball of air in his hand to counter gravity with a blast, unleashing it toward the hardened surface and slowly his decent enough to keep his head from hitting the ground first. "URK!" Grunting in pain, he slowly pushed himself up and looked on to what happened next.

The package would be in the graceful hands of the hooded figure who, not so gracefully pulled out a small firearm and began to back pedal away from the approaching Masked Man. Meanwhile, the delinquent courier would begin to get up, somewhat dazed but with a shot of adrenaline going through him, he regained focus. "Shit!" If he manages to get the package, and consequently kill the girl, there was no way for him to get it back. And thus leading up to him potentially getting killed. Ally or not, if she dies, he dies.

Unable to hesitate, the boy blasted air from behind him, sending him moving at high speeds towards the two, but to the side so he doesn't make any head on collisions. Moving air under his body and feet, making a thin bubble of air to the point where friction wasn't made against the ground, and was able to maintain the high speed until he manages to pass the Masked Man, and get close to the girl, though nearly getting shot in the process.

Upon catching up with her, he'd quickly turn around with his hand and palm opened up to show a ball of gas forming in the boy's hand. It seemed harmless and small at first, but upon stretching it outward toward the Masked man, Koyoko attempted to launch him back far enough to generate distance, as a blast of hair blows out of his palm right toward the knife wielding lunatic, hoping for at least some sort of impact, if not a direct hit.


Last edited by Damion Koyoko on Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Damion Koyoko
Level 2 Aero Hand

Posts : 225
Join date : 2014-02-26
Age : 21
Location : District 15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Mugino Shizuri on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:32 am

A hand would reach out from the dark, stretching forwards, transitioning from limpness to a tense position, inviting the advent of a green glimmer. A glimmer exploding into a beam of certain death.

As the Masked Man had charged for the hooded thief and the courier boy jumped in in a moment of foolish heroism, attempting to launch the attacker back with the full might of his ability, another power would intercept the scene. Mercilessly it would come to ignore any and all of the conditions, not minding any of the ongoings. A green beam would emerge from a shadowy back alley, eating through matter and darkness, charging straight for its one and only destined target: That girl’s enemy.

«The fuck are you so careless for? You couldn’t have thought that you’d shake me off that easily?»

That girl was none you could ever expect to rid yourself off. Like a stalker she would chase you, pursue any of your steps, linger in your shadow, waiting for the right opportunity. And then she would strike and keep striking and striking. She would ruin your life. She would ruin your every moment. Paranoia was to be redefined the very moment she would grow obsessed over you. And, truly, there was no escaping. No getting away. No calm. No safe moment.

That was Academy City’s #4, Mugino Shizuri, the queen of obsessed stalkers.

«Now, die.»

With as low as her voice could fall, she would once again unleash the destructive power that was hers alone.

Meltdowner slicing through the night with no control or care.
avatar
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Posts : 546
Join date : 2014-05-09

View user profile http://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t333-esper-mugino-shizuri

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Aleister Crowley on Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:39 am

Natsumi's movement took her back just far enough that the assassin's swipe raked through the air in front of her face. The Masked Man landed silently in front of the girl, dropping smoothly into a crouch as the bullet from Natsumi's pistol flew past his head. He sprang forward, crossing the distance between them in the blink of an eye. Hands shot out, one aimed towards the side of Natsumi's head, the other intercepting the inside of the girl's wrist to knock the weapon off-line. The pistol's magazine slid free, falling to the ground and the gun twisted from her grip.

In the next instant, something else hit the ground with the clattering sound of hollow plastic pieces. The slide, spring and barrel of the pistol now lay scattered about the two combatants, leaving Natsumi holding only the skeletal looking frame of the weapon.

In reality, disassembling a firearm is a complex procedure requiring several precise steps, yet the masked killer had taken it apart so deftly and with such ease that it resembled a stage magician's trick.

Before Natsumi could react to the loss of her weapon another strike whipped out across her face. Her enemy would not spare her a second to recover. Even if she were to dodge, the continuous pressure would make it difficult to launch her own counter. Perhaps he could sense that allowing her to use her ability would mean instant death because he immediately follows up with another attack. However, before it can reach its target a blast of air strikes the black-clad figure and sent him hurtling backwards just in time for the shimmering green beam to pass through the space where his head had been. Having avoided Mugino's fatal attack through sheer luck, the assassin was launched into the front of the building across the street. The metal shutter of the store crumpled and bent inwards as the Masked Man's body collided with it.

The white grinning mask turned to the source of the beam and its owner spared no time darting forward out of the path of any further attacks.

With the arrival of the Level 5 known as Meltdowner the odds had turned against him.
avatar
Aleister Crowley
General Superintendant of Academy City

Posts : 218
Join date : 2012-06-11
Location : The Windowless Building

View user profile http://academycity.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Mugino Shizuri on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:38 am

Naturally she would follow up the primary attack with more of the same brand. Continuous fire, even as he was smacked into the metal shutter. However, naturally that masked man would evade, dodging the incoming attacks with the same unnatural speed and finesse as before.

Did she mind, though?

Clicking her tongue in annoyance she would continue, yet not as over-exaggeratedly as before, choosing her shots wisely.

What had been blind destruction before had seemingly watered down to become cleaner and more precise. She wasn’t just attempting to anticipate his motions, she was doing some extra calculative work to keep the shots clean. What would remain hidden in the initial premise, would become visible once you thought a lot more. Hardly anything was made to hit building structures or the like. Many would just find their way into the night’s darkness.

Had she grown soft all of a sudden?

Or had she come to realise something else?

I can’t exactly have that stupid bitch crank down on me right now. The fuck does she know about the field?

Or had it simply been her responding to the complaints she’d received.

Whichever, none of this would mean the pace had changed in any way.

«That all you can do!? Running away and jumping like a little chicken!?»

Continuous fire would prevail.
avatar
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Posts : 546
Join date : 2014-05-09

View user profile http://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t333-esper-mugino-shizuri

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Damion Koyoko on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:35 pm

The aerohand slid a few feet behind the cloaked girl, as his attack forced the masked man to back off. For a split second, the boy was confident, as the facade of the man being some sort of invincible force broke just a bit. He landed a direct hit, although only to give them distance. But all that confidence disappeared with a flash of irradiating green passing his line of sight.

"...Kh!" Casually striding forward was the long haired brunette from before, confident, but with an irritated look on her face. She didn't seem to pay him or the girl any attention, the predator's gaze falling upon the agile coated figure, with a harrowing mask covering his face.

Koyoko knew that so long as that Masked Man was her target, her focus on them was almost non-existent. If they were to leave again, now would be the time. They were also however, in plain sight in the middle of the street, merely running away while Meltdowner had a clear shot may as well be a death sentence.

"You know, I might have been a hard ass earlier, but if you have more of those bottles from earlier, I think now would be a great time to leave..." The grey haired boy muttered, while his body was shaking slightly. The package can wait, and obviously getting on the girl's bad side will just make another enemy at this point.

Looking around, their was at least three ways to get away. They could dart into a nearby alleyway, but they could be easily followed. Koyoko could use his power to help them get on the roof tops, or they could use the nearby sewage hole pipe several feet behind him using the cover of steam. But that was assuming she had any left. "There is a sewage fight roughly 15 meters behind us. I can open it, but I don't know where it might lead to...It's also close quarters so if that freak follows, we'll be in trouble.."

The boy was spit balling ideas, as fighting was out of the question. It was either escape, or delay the inevitable as long as possible. "And no, I'm not being bait as part of the escape plan.." He growled, figuring she might just trip him to save her own skin.
avatar
Damion Koyoko
Level 2 Aero Hand

Posts : 225
Join date : 2014-02-26
Age : 21
Location : District 15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Oda Taichi on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:18 pm

23:08 District 2, Outside Anti-Skill HQ

He didn't know how it was possible, but after they had left Anti-skill, he parted ways with Kita. The conversation that preluded that was intense and somewhat mind-numbing between two stubborn individuals. But whatever the case she had left and Oda now on his own had a decision to make right now.

What he had learned from being arrested by Anti-Skill made clear that he was indeed a suspect. Something that hadn't honestly gotten across to him the first time. Tessou Tsuzuri, the Anti-Skill officer, made her point clear with Kita, but unlike her, Oda has been linked to this crime. Who would've thought that calling in a murder scene would get him into so much trouble? Though breaking into an apartment was a black mark and he would probably pay for that later.

"I'm so going to be suspended from Judgement." Oda said agonising over that thought and the entire situation altogether.

Why was it that he often gets accused of many things when trying to do the right thing? He thought to inform the authorities as soon as possible was the right cause to take here.  It's just like that incident with Fremea, helping her had gotten him into all sort of trouble because he was accused of being a lolicon.

He growled in anger because he already knew what decision he must take here.

He had to clear his name.

It would be dangerous, reckless and even foolish. But living with the shame of being a suspect in a murder case would ruin his life and the only way to prove his innocence is to prove the existence of the real killer. And so without a second thought, Oda headed towards the warehouse in district 17 without delay. Thinking that even though he may have missed what went down, there might have been clues left behind which could help his case.

Of course, he would have to be careful with his approach.
avatar
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Posts : 232
Join date : 2016-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Takamiya Jin on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:35 pm

They say that the absolute limit of speed in the universe is the speed of light. Of course, everyone else knows that this cannot possibly be true. After all, nothing travels faster than a juicy rumor.

"You heard the news? Sounds like shit's going down in District 17. Like, gunfire and laser beams type shit."

"Man, that ain't got nothin' to do with us, do it? Yo, Takeuchi, you leaving?"

"Yeah, man. Got some shit to take care of. Don't wait up for me!"

"Who'd wait up for you, buttface."




The answer to that was probably no one, but that didn't matter, because Skill Out Lackey Takeuchi Sora never really existed in the first place. There was only Takamiya Jin, the legendary nuisance, who found having a place among Academy City's dregs was exceedingly convenient for hearing the latest gossip.

"Gunfire and lasers, eh? Sounds like my kinda party."

Donning his trademark coat and goggles, and armed with his trusty metal pipe, Takamiya Jin takes to the skies of Academy City- District 17 may be a ways off, but it's not really all that far as the crow flies. He'll be there long before the fireworks end.




Nearing the edge of the district, Jin whistled in awe. "They weren't kidding about the lasers, huh? Makes things easy for me- Let's see what the hell is going on down there, eh?"

With that, a dark figure began traversing the District 17 skyline.
avatar
Takamiya Jin
Level 3 Spatial Lock

Posts : 48
Join date : 2017-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi on Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:36 pm

Saying it had happened far too quickly for her to be able to properly react to was a very grand understatement. In fact, such an understatement that the only thing she could manage was to step back after the masked man had gone after her and was reaching out for her.

"You know, I might have been a hard ass earlier, but if you have more of those bottles from earlier, I think now would be a great time to leave..."

And though she hated to admit it, that maniacal laser-beaming lady had probably been her saving grace. Natsumi stood bewildered at the mechanical remains that were in her hand, and with a very concerned expression, she tossed those aside.

“I’m not a convenience store.” She simply stated, though not with her typical snappy behaviour.

Had she drastically underestimated her foe and should have stayed out of it after all? It was too late to start regretting it now, but Natsumi still took a fair amount of time to consider the situation to such a degree that Koyoko’s words hardly registered beyond the surface.

"There is a sewage fight roughly 15 meters behind us. I can open it, but I don't know where it might lead to...It's also close quarters so if that freak follows, we'll be in trouble.. And no, I'm not being bait as part of the escape plan.."

Only catching up to the last few words once she had finally finished pondering her options, only the most bizarre words left the mouth of the girl who usually preferred staying away from such problematic people.

“…We stay.” She replied without giving any attention to his provocation; instead expecting a response of pure and unfiltered disbelief for this apparent coward who thought running into sewers to flee from someone who could cut any distance in mere seconds was a smart idea, she quickly continued before he could say anything.

“That woman is our safest bet as a bodyguard. Feel free to run, but then we’ll openly be exposing ourselves to… that. She nodded in direction of the disassembled gun, hoping that Koyoko would catch on quickly that trying a one-on-one with this oddity would result in a similar fate for them.

To that, and to the fact that the woman was starting to consider her surroundings more and more, so making things even more difficult by running to somewhere she can't easily catch up or feels even more inclined to restrict herself was a terrible idea. (Fuck.) Natsumi clicked her tongue at the eventual realisation that even this plan wouldn’t work out on the longer term anyway if that short-tempered woman were to suddenly find reasons to cease her merciless attacks, so she did the only thing she could try to gain an upper hand on the situation until then.

"Cover me just in case." She warned the incompetent boy as she slightly moved closer to Mugino, though hopefully not enough to grab her attention.

Keeping a very tight grasp on the bag with one hand to avoid any unwanted cables sneaking their way in, Natsumi shoved the other to get a feel for what, exactly, warranted this night of spectacular danger...
avatar
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Posts : 643
Join date : 2013-05-06
Location : Tokiwadai's Middle School, Academy City.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Aleister Crowley on Sat May 05, 2018 5:28 pm

He had survived so far through skilful manipulation of the environment. By picking a battleground with little visibility and a variety of cover he had ensured that an enemy with a long range line of sight ability would be at a disadvantage. But here on the open streets, faced with overwhelming firepower and no cover, the masked man was little more than a target in a shooting gallery. Closing the distance on such an enemy on foot would be tantamount to suicide. The closer he got, the less Mugino needed to aim.

Perhaps hoping to return to a more level playing field the masked man lunged for the glass windows of a storefront on the opposite side of the street. Streaks of light cut through the darkness in rapid succession behind him. But his opponent was no fool. Such an easy to predict trajectory would be simple to cut off. His speed was constant and aiming was a matter of glancing for the Level 5.

All she would have to do was aim a little ahead of him...

The tell-tale beam of light would score a path towards the target. A certain kill.

Except.

Somehow, impossibly the masked figure dropped to their knees, throwing their head back as their momentum carried them beneath the path of the beam. The after image just barely grazed the featureless white face, producing a sizzling, singed black scar along the blank mask.

Had he managed to evade through sheer luck? Or was he able to somehow sense her attacks before they were made? Or was it closer to some kind of calculated risk? In any case the assassin didn't pause to contemplate his brush with mortality that had taken him less than an inch from death. Rising back to his feet he continued to sprint without breaking pace.

But rather than crashing through the glass front of the store he sprang upwards onto the wall, ricocheting off at an oblique angle with a sudden kick of his legs. His arm snapped out with the high pitched whiz of a cable unwinding. The thin wire caught around the street light across from Mugino, bringing the black garbed man arcing rapidly towards her, hand outstretched to snatch at her face.
avatar
Aleister Crowley
General Superintendant of Academy City

Posts : 218
Join date : 2012-06-11
Location : The Windowless Building

View user profile http://academycity.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Mugino Shizuri on Mon May 07, 2018 8:56 am

He came. After evading attack after attack like some sort of cartoon character, that masked lunatic had finally changed his approach to the situation. Instead of falling back further and further, he finally would come charging towards Mugino at the highest speed. Now, swinging through the air like some comic hero, he was seeking to attack her from up front, using his outstretched hand to land a good blow on the defenceless Level 5. A blow meant to bring down the weakling hiding behind an all-powerful ability.

Or so he had thought.

What happened was nothing short of a miracle, at least from an outsider’s perspective: Right before his hand would reach her, his arm would find itself locked between both of hers. At the very last second she grabbed his limb, catching him in the air, yet at the same time sacrificing her own balance. She’d tumble over, yes, but that would in no way affect her grasp around the catch she’d just made.

She had him locked, finally. Like the leg of a hunter caught in a bear trap, his arm was captured by the overwhelming strength of her two.

«You didn’t think my beams were all I could do, did you?»

A sinister tone, the smile of a madwoman. With those came an immense pressure. She was strong. Abnormally strong. How much had she trained in her life? While not visible with her entirely chic appeal, she certainly had had some kind of training. A realisation he would make as her nails would dig into his flesh and her palms would pressure more and more. To what extent? Until it would break of course.

After all, she very well could.

«Whimper, you fucking rat!»

And thus, Mugino Shizuri would fight back bringing as much excruciating pain as she would usually do.

Digging her nails deeply into his flesh, pressing until his arm would break, she’d entirely become a human bear trap.
avatar
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Posts : 546
Join date : 2014-05-09

View user profile http://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t333-esper-mugino-shizuri

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Oda Taichi on Mon May 14, 2018 4:25 pm

There was one thing, which he knew more than anything else and that was how to move through the city without drawing attention. He had spent most of his time in recent years chasing arseholes, through before that he just liked exploring which eventually lead to coming in contact with other arseholes. Nonetheless, he had been careful on the way here, and while he did hear some activity going on at night, he chose to stay away and focus on the objective.

Which wasn't precisely a warehouse anymore, the state it was in he made sure not to approch the scene any further and remained hidden close by. The dog genuinely believed he had sniffed the right place out, but what he was seeing had made him doubt his own ability to navigate through the city. It was tough to tell what happened here and maybe he had gotten the wrong information from that apartment.

So from his hiding spot nearby, Oda Taichi had looked towards the ruins of the warehouse which had felt like a massive dead end and didn't know what to make of it.

"Maybe I got the wrong location?" Oda spoke quietly checking his phone for his current location.
avatar
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Posts : 232
Join date : 2016-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Takamiya Jin on Wed May 16, 2018 6:54 pm

As a man, how could Takamiya Jin not investigate the mysterious lasers? If this were a video game, there would be a text box in the upper left saying, "Quest: Investigate the events in District 17." and those lasers would be the looping visual effect to tell him where to go. It wasn't even subtle! Just this big honking Bat Signal saying "GO HERE" in big, luminescent letters.

And with no sidequests to be distracted by, Jin saw no reason not to play along. Running along the rooftops like that legendary assassin or master raccoon thief, he made his way towards the source of the disturbance.

And at the end of his road, he is gifted with a beautiful aerial view of some dude in a mask swinging on a grappling hook like the goddamn Batman, only to get grappled by the teenaged girl he was trying to grab.

"I have no idea who to root for, here, but damn do I wish I had some popcorn." Jin mutters the first thing that comes to mind, as he watches the two battle without much care towards hiding himself.
avatar
Takamiya Jin
Level 3 Spatial Lock

Posts : 48
Join date : 2017-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:08 pm

Rummaging through the bizarre carrier bag had proved fairly useless for now; though she could feel the vague cylindrical form of one of the items and the flatness of the other, there was no real way for her to deduct what those were and their purpose.

Taking them out for a full-on examination in front of Mr. Gun Decomposer also seemed like a vastly bad idea, Natsumi reckoned.

So after swiftly removing her hand from the bag and taking extra care to keep it shut, she merely tossed it to Koyoko, unaware that something was now missing from it and had been snuck into her clothes.

And paying no attention to the likely frazzled boy who’d now have the responsibility of keeping his bag safe, Natsumi merely turned to analyse the street they were on. Not because there was something she believed she could exploit in this battle she had already given up on, no.
It was because she could feel someone who wasn’t there before.

Natsumi warily looked at the end of the street where she could feel that new presence, and uttered to Koyoko’s behalf:

“Are you some kind of fucking magnet for problems?”
avatar
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Posts : 643
Join date : 2013-05-06
Location : Tokiwadai's Middle School, Academy City.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Oda Taichi on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:24 pm

He had reached a dead end, it was the very definition of the term as the warehouse was in ruins and while he could search through it for clues, it would probably take way too long for it even to matter right now. Though continually looking at his phone for the address was also just a waste of time, he was at the right location it wasn't just what he imagined.

While he wasn't entirely sure what he should do, the sheer determination to clear his name turned him around and headed straight back to where he came. Though he wasn't heading home, actually he was going towards what he purposely avoided earlier. Loud noises, the sound of chaos which generally would be found on sports day was the only possible lead he had left.

This could be unrelated and yet it was near enough to the area of the warehouse to be a possible lead. While he was careful in his travels he heard noises somewhat close to his position just at the end of one of many alleyways, and so slowly he peeked around the corner and what he saw was...
avatar
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Posts : 232
Join date : 2016-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Takamiya Jin on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:32 am

It was not in the nature of the boy known as Takamiya Jin to sit on the sidelines. At least, not without a chair, and a good snack. The rooftop was certainly no place for tonight's events. An old hand at descending from heights, Jin simply stepped off the building. Of course, before he had reached any semblance of dangerous speed, he landed in midair, atop the trusty metal pipe he has for precisely this reason.

All things considered, the building he was on was not particularly tall, and he had no issues hopping from metal pipe to ground, promptly releasing his Spacial Lock power, and allowing the pipe to fall into his outstretched hand.

"Evening, gents! And ladies, and anything in between, for that matter! How could you be so cold as to start a party without the one and only, number one nuisance in the flesh, Takamiya Jin!?"

As he spoke, Jin twirled his pipe,grasping the end and placing it on the ground in front of him as though it were a cane. However, despite his seemingly flat-footed posture, the self proclaimed nuisance was mentally preparing to be attacked- For he had seen the lasers, and heard the gunfire, and most certainly was not the idiot he often acted.

"So, any of you funny fellas feel fair enough to clue me in?"

Even as he alliterated, Jin was gauging his surroundings. He had already made one lock on the way down, but he could still hold several more objects without breaking a sweat- And so, he prepared. First, he marked the coordinate of the pipe he rested against, able to lock it in place at a moment's notice. The next three he locked were midair between himself and the brawling duo, in line with, if his predictions were correct, bullets would come from should the gun-wielding man break free from his foe's hold and aim for Jin's vitals.

And, of course, he took the time to make a show of glancing at the ones behind him as he asked his question, when in reality his goal was simply to mark the carrier bag they had. Who knows, maybe he could make use of that somehow.
avatar
Takamiya Jin
Level 3 Spatial Lock

Posts : 48
Join date : 2017-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Damion Koyoko on Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:30 am

[…We stay. That woman is our safest bet as a bodyguard. Feel free to run, but then we’ll openly be exposing ourselves to…that ]

Getting the message loud and clear, the delinquent gave a depressive sigh, as he did try to remain calm just as the supposed bodyguard began to decimate entire store fronts with her explosive beams. “Pretty sure bodyguards are close to shields, not living nuclear reactors, but fair enough..” If their best bet was to merely let the brunette do all the work and perhaps kill the man chasing them, than they dont have another choice. But was worried him the most is what happens once the the woman was done dealing with the masked man.

[Whimper you fucking rat!]


Would that terrifying face be sent after them if they stayed here till then?

[Cover me just in case.]

“Cover you? Cover you from what-...Fine, meat shield it is…”
Koyoko would at the very least keep a ball of pressurized air ready at all times, being the only way to feel somewhat calm despite the circumstances, staring at the destruction in front while his ‘hero’ was doing something out of his eye range.

Only ever able to just watch the one sided(?) fight go on, Koyoko gasped as the bag was tossed back to him, staring at the girl as she seemed intent of watching their back, and quickly secured it around his shoulder without feeling to see if something was missing. Though something seemed to worry her as her posture was rather poised, as she turn to glare at him from under her hood. [Are you some kind of fucking magnet for problems?]

Why was she saying that? Was someone there? Most likely someone else who might be dangerous if that were the case. “Hey, I can take responsibility for the beam beam girl and the clown, but you can’t tell me that this laser light show is NOT what might be bringing more people here!” He, for whatever reason, prioritized defending himself and not wanting to be a magnet. “Gaaah...if there are after the bag after all, then I guess this magnet as the radius of the entire city perimeter…” He muttered anxiously as it felt like this cities underground crime syndicate was all clambering for this one package by sending assassins and espers after it...albeit one would think there'd be more of then if that was the case. And this again wasnt a movie.

[Evening, gents! And ladies, and anything in between, for that matter! How could you be so cold as to start a party without the one and only, number one nuisance in the flesh, Takamiya Jin!?]

Or..Not?

A rather odd person announced himself having fallen out of seemingly no where a rather energetic young man appeared with a rusted pipe in his hands, twirling it around as if he was about to start a jazz number on the spot. He didn't seem all that menacing, and it was plainly obvious he was an esper due to his overwhelming confidence despite the conflict going on nigh 50 feet away from them.

"...No, I'm not taking responsibility for that guy..."
avatar
Damion Koyoko
Level 2 Aero Hand

Posts : 225
Join date : 2014-02-26
Age : 21
Location : District 15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Aleister Crowley on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:51 pm

Mugino's hands closed around the outstretched arm of the masked man in a vice-like grip, fingers clasping his forearm and biting deep into flesh through the tough material of his coat. With another snapping whir the wire retracted from the street lamp and the tall man's momentum sent the pair tumbling to the floor. But still, the girl's tenacious grip kept hold. What's more, her grasp only continued to tighten with surprising strength. She could feel his bones creaking under the strain.

But the Esper had made several grave errors in her counter attack.

In grappling matches position is a vital factor that cannot be overlooked. And in this instance, the masked assassin had undoubtedly secured the stronger position. In simple terms, he had her pinned.

But most importantly, she had neglected to secure all his methods of attack. By sacrificing both of her arms to trap one of his, she had left herself vulnerable to not only his other hand but both of his legs. Now, crouched over her like a cat atop a mouse, the masked man spared Mugino no mercy. His free hand shot out towards her unprotected neck, the fore-knuckles striking at the tender flesh of her exposed carotid at the same moment that his knee dropped into her abdomen. Another strike of his hand chopped into Mugino's ribs in a debilitating liver blow before arcing up again to drive the knuckle of his thumb into her left shoulder at the deltoid. A triumvirate of crippling blows delivered in an instant.

Simultaneously the wrist of his trapped arm twisted free and pressed down on Mugino's forearm, pinning her right arm across her chest to neutralise her defense. He reached into his coat, to retrieve another knife, no doubt. But the coup de grace was interrupted as his attention snapped to the holder of the package and the new interloper. As though recalling the real reason for his presence the masked man assessed the situation in an instant.
avatar
Aleister Crowley
General Superintendant of Academy City

Posts : 218
Join date : 2012-06-11
Location : The Windowless Building

View user profile http://academycity.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi on Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:47 am

Natsumi only slightly clicked her tongue; it seemed the bodyguard plan was going as poorly as just about any other plan they had. Without moving, she stole a quick glance in Jin’s direction. With any luck, he wouldn’t turn out to be mysterious backup, but she still didn’t want to bet on people she didn’t know.

Her glance returned to the masked assassin who had a very visible mastery of martial arts; something worrying considering his physical aptitude and agility beyond that. Close combat was certainly out of the question since even bear-woman had single-handedly had her ass handed to her.

So only one option remained. It was neither to flee nor to avoid her best engaging in a battle she would eventually be dragged into.

“You take care of the new weirdo.” She threw at Koyoko’s way before stepping aside from him and closer to the main “battling event”, fingers poised to snap.

That option was to act first rather than wait to be dragged in with no control of the situation.

“Get lost.” Accompanying the neat and very visibly trained sound of snapping, her tone of voice suddenly changed for a much more deeper one, almost comparable to a deadly growl. And as she spoke, repetitive bursts of flames sprang forth from her fingers; aiming not the duo but very carefully aimed towards the man alone.
avatar
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Posts : 643
Join date : 2013-05-06
Location : Tokiwadai's Middle School, Academy City.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Aleister Crowley on Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:34 pm

“Get lost.”

The bursts of flame curled towards him with a crackling, snapping roar, forcing him to disengage from Mugino before he could deliver the final blow. Rolling backwards along the asphalt, he narrowly managed to avoid the tongues of flame that flashed from Natsumi's fingertips. The tail of his jacket didn't fare so well, coils of smoke snaking upwards as the apparently fire resistant material sizzled gently behind him. He landed some distance away, crouched low to the ground like a lizard. Those black, soulless eyes peered at the group, and with the eerie fixed grin of his mask, they made the Masked Man seem that much less human. Like some sort of reptilian, alien intelligence studying them with from afar.

Five enemies, one Level 5, at least one level 4 and two of unknown strength. At least one of them had some measure of combat training and access to conventional weaponry.

An already difficult situation had become untenable. Retreat was the only remaining option.

The hand that had remained tucked inside the jacket shot out, but it was not the tell-tale whistle of a knife cutting the air that followed, nor was it the high whir of a cable unwinding. Instead, there was a dull, muted bang as a handful of white pellets erupted on the ground in a burst of white light. The explosion streamed outwards in thin streams of smoke that resembled a porcupine's quills and within seconds the street was enveloped in a cloud of choking fog.
avatar
Aleister Crowley
General Superintendant of Academy City

Posts : 218
Join date : 2012-06-11
Location : The Windowless Building

View user profile http://academycity.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Mugino Shizuri on Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:42 am

Neck, stomach, rib, shoulder. The quick, yet entirely powerful barrage of blows would easily dismantle her advantage, throwing her counter attack into disarray while crushing her strength with his bare hands. And to round it up, he’d take advantage of the weakness invoked by the horrible combination, pinning her down making sure to neutralise even the last bit of a defence.

And then he would simply ready his knife, preparing to end her misery.

Or so he would have thought.

Mugino Shizuri had been wrath. It hadn’t simply been a minor part of her personality, leading her to lose control at the prospect of something as puny as losing a billiards match, it had been part of her identity. She would never back down. She would come fighting. Not for some sort of heroic antic, but because she desired to crush all those who’d make her face even the slightest hint of humiliation.

What was pain in the face of that? No matter how excruciating. No matter how deep. No matter how numbing. It was only pain.

So, gritting her teeth whilst resisting both the suffering and the pressure from above, she would run her mind crazy, doing what she did best. With unending effort and struggle she would force it, somehow, breaking through the cloudy world, attempting to pull at that final straw. She would kill him right there. She would kill him before he would do it do her. She would create that final beam right there in his face. Pain? He’d learn its true shape as his face would slowly burn away from within, consuming it whole until there no longer any moment of perception. All he would feel and see when the world would end for him was pain, suffering, the end, excruciating, absolutely insufferable…!!

Or so it would have come.

«Get lost.»

Way too suddenly a burst of flames had come chasing the enemy, easily swaying him away.

Naturally it had been nothing to get overly excited about. As if such an attack, untimed, not well prepared and rushed would deal any effect on that man. Mugino could tell quite easily that all it had given him was a last second escape, sparing him the gruesome fate she had so carefully crafted. Instead of dying he was certain to be jumping up and about yet again.

An idea that was proved by the spreading of a smoke screen.

«…you dumb fuck…»

Attempting to force herself to sit up, her weak yet wrathful words were not geared towards that masked lunatic, but meant to hit her oh so kind saviour instead. And to make matters worse she’d let a badly aimed and hardly stable green beam of certain death join these just perfectly well.

«Mind…your own business…!»
avatar
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Posts : 546
Join date : 2014-05-09

View user profile http://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t333-esper-mugino-shizuri

Back to top Go down

Re: [?] A Certain Masked Man

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum