Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Kisaragi Anko Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:13 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[Esper] Tachibana Toshiro

2 posters

Go down

[Esper] Tachibana Toshiro  Empty [Esper] Tachibana Toshiro

Post  Tachibana Toshiro Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:42 pm

Tachibana Toshiro

Level 3 Cryokinesis

[Esper] Tachibana Toshiro  26095

“Great now how do I get out of this mess I have gotten myself into?”

FULL NAME: Tachibana Toshiro
OTHER ALIAS: Snowman, Iceman
CURRENT AGE: 16
SCHOOL: A Certain Highschool
FACTION: N/A (For now)

APPEARANCE: Toshiro has a average build, Caucasion skin with short messy light brown hair, and dark blue colored eyes. When he is not wearing his school uniform he does not go for anything extravagant really. He tends to wear gray or black shirts, jackets with hoodies, and usually tan or black cargo pants.  
HEIGHT: 5'7”
WEIGHT: 160lbs
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: N/A

PERSONALITY:
Kind
Toshiro is a kind person to people whether or not he knows them or not.
Secretive
He does not like people knowing absolutely everything about him, he will tend to keep some secrets which would be known by his closer friends he might make, and other things he might not say at all.
Jumpy
Some things can cause him to panic. If something threatening happens, and if he is given a chance will be the first person out a window, door or whatever in five seconds especially if he is in a adrenaline high.
Loyal
He does not like to betray his friends or family. Else he feels like he would be betraying himself.
Cool headed
He does not let anger take control of him very easily, it'll take quite a bit of pressing the right buttons to get him angry.

-Meat
-Sweets
-Spicy food
-Cats
-Cute things
-Humor
-Music
-Parkour

DISLIKES:
-Blackmail
-Betrayal
-Adrenaline addiction
-Homework
-Bad Situations

STRENGTHS:
-Running: Despite having a average body he is quite fast.
-Parkour: He is quite good at passing most obstacles through running, jumping, etc.  

WEAKNESSES:
-Heavy Sleeper: Once he falls asleep he is extremely hard to wake up.
-Sweet Tooth

HISTORY:
Toshiro was born in Academy City. When he was born things had changed for his parents, they had a little bundle of joy to take care of. His father is a electronic engineer, his mother is a software engineer. But after he was born his mother stayed home to take care of him while his father worked. When he was growing up around with people who had ESP powers, some of them good the others bad. He went through the school system of the Power Curriculum Program, and when he reached middle school his power manifested.

He was excited when it manifested, they grew up with them and now he had powers as well, there was no way for him not to be excited. He started in the low end only being a Level 1, in middle school. He worked with his power diligently, to get himself higher. Such things took time, and he understood that. He was not about to cut corners to get even more power, why try to use power that you did not know how to fully control without training it constantly?

As time went on at the turn of a new year he saw a video of someone doing something called parkour, it grabbed his interest. He turned it into a new year's resolution when he started to do it himself. Though his parents were against it, worried that he was going to hurt himself badly. He went ahead, and still did it anyway. He had started small, then started to work his way up. Though that did not stop him from getting some smaller injuries here, and there. Nothing major, no broken bones, just some small cuts, scrapes, and bruises. Then a couple years later he hit high school, his life was still from his view point normal.  

LEVEL:
Cryokinesis: He can generate ice by gathering it whether from a pool, puddle, or from the moisture in the air, and slowing the movement of the atoms down making it freeze. For calculation time for water it is roughly 1.5 seconds, water molecules in the air 4-5 seconds. The range of this power is roughly 8 meters. The coldest his ice can become is roughly -10 -15 degrees Celsius, but becomes useless at temperatures above 50° Celsius. He can target up to 3 areas, unless he draws moisture from the air then it is only 1 area. He can rearrange the molecules in the ice to force it to crack or weaken as necessary. Actual water is better for creating ice, while moisture from the air would leave the ice more brittle and prone to shattering. High temperatures, make the act of attempting to get the water to freeze harder.

He adapts to the situation using it to possibly freeze the blood that seeps out of a wound to help stop bleeding. Or makes use of it through using attacks, using the ice to attack, defense or creates traps.

He can't target water inside the blood of a another person's body due to the rapid movement of it pumping through their body.

OTHER ABILITIES:
Sub thermal Resistance
With his ability to slow atoms down to or past the freezing point, he is less uncomfortable with lower temperatures to a point.

Ice Wall
He can create a wall of ice that comes up to head height, but the thickness and durability of the ice depends on the type of the water and the amount. An ice wall made from the moisture in the air is thin, like a pane of glass, and easily broken. But an ice wall made from actual water is a bit thicker, and able to handle more punishment. The amount of water used is a factor in terms of how thick it can be, and how durable it is.

Ice Weapons
He can create a sharpened icicle to use as a weapon at close quarters roughly 1 meter in length.

Ice Armor
He can create a simple armor made of ice, it is inefficient in protection. A thin layer of ice is made to protect more vital areas of the chest by attaching itself to clothing.  

Emergency First Aid
Theoretically his power could be used to help stop bleeding of small wounds by freezing the blood that has escaped the body to buy time for the blood to clot on its own. He would target the outer areas of blood to help prevent any discomfort or any possibility of frost bite. Large wounds with severe bleeding would be extremely hard or near impossible for him to stop.

Athletic
With him taking up parkour, he has become more fit, he is able to run for a longer period of time before getting tired.

CHARACTER THEME:
Standard- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaNDIDQDHv4
Standard 2- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KauObq0LfWg&
Standard 3- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1VtuBzUUso
Alert- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL4RBZV7Wjc
Escape- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UxCe975Ns0
Battle- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrfYg3mrt00
Chase- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNSwTAB3woM&
Cautious- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms_f0JarIXg
Cautious 2- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjjCp6e52Jc

PLAYER'S NAME: Toshiro Tachibana
RATING: M
FACE CLAIM: Kyrie Illunis, Sands of Destruction
OTHER CHARACTERS: N/A
MISC. INFORMATION: N/A (Yet)

Last edited by Tachibana Toshiro on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:00 am; edited 38 times in total
Tachibana Toshiro
Tachibana Toshiro
Level 3 Cryokinesis

Back to top Go down

[Esper] Tachibana Toshiro  Empty Re: [Esper] Tachibana Toshiro

Post  Tachibana Toshiro Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:54 am

Spoiler:
Tachibana Toshiro
Tachibana Toshiro
Level 3 Cryokinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:06 am

Time to melt a snowman Razz.

1. Formatting
I see you fixed the most of it, but I still need to ask you to add the name of his ability to the upper section of the profile, so that it would fit with the other profiles. Further it would also be nice if you added the proper BB codes to the articles Height, Weight and Distinguishing Features.

2. Weaknesses
-Lying: He cannot tell a complex lie, tall tale signs can easily give it away.
-Ambush: Unless he is the one setting up a ambush, he can easily get attacked from behind or from the side.
It’s rather weird and unusual for me to bring such stuff up, however I can’t really see both of them as weaknesses, since I neither expect an ordinary teenager to tell a complex lie nor to be not taken by surprise when ambushed – the largest part of humanity is weak to that kind of trick after all. Therefore I’ll ask you to add a new set of weaknesses~

3. History
Due to him being born inside Academy City I wonder about his parents’ profession. Could you please fill me in about what kind of work they do or did?

4. Ability
All in all I feel like your ability needs some more stages of fleshing out, so let’s do this properly, shall we?

First I think it would be best if you named a maximum for his freezing ability in regards of temperature. What is the lowest temperature his ice could reach? Is there any point where the temperature is too high for him to rely on his freezing ability?

Next I would also ask you to add a range limit to your ability; like saying that he can only freeze things within X metres from himself. It goes without saying that he would need to be aware of his target.

Additionally to that you should also add a description for how much ice in total he is capable of creating (an example would be sufficient) as well as the time it would take him to make the calculations necessary for using his ability (Esper abilities aren’t always instant cast after all). Oh and don’t forget that it’s by far easier to freeze liquid water than water molecules found in the air, thus both should have different calculation times to begin with.

How many target points at once can he affect with his ability? Can he only focus on one thing at a time or his he capable of freezing multiple target points at once?

Can you also add an explanation as to how strong his ice wall is? Give an example of what would be powerful enough to break through it. Could you also define some kind of preparation time for it?

Besides that wall and simple freezing are there any other usages of his ability?

And that’s it. Thank you for your attention!
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t333-esper-mugino-shizuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Tachibana Toshiro Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:38 pm

I think I got it all fixed.
Tachibana Toshiro
Tachibana Toshiro
Level 3 Cryokinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:05 pm

Beware: Wall of text incoming!

2. Weaknesses
To be honest, I’m still not happy. Long range combat isn’t something an average student should be naturally good with.
Keep in mind that Espers are nothing but ordinary teenagers that gained super powers. They are not yet your average character in a fighting anime/manga of some sort, but rather normal people with normal skill sets.

4. Ability
Ok, before I’ll get to the numbers, I need to comment on your ability’s overall concept and the things you should keep in mind.
It goes without saying that there is quite a difference between making use of liquid water and drawing out the moisture from the air. Not only in regards of calculation times, but the overall quality. The quality you’d get from using liquids would always be far superior to the one you’d get from using gas; this can be seen in the creation of an ice shield for example. While the shield made from liquids would be much sturdier, the one made from moisture would be frail and easy to break through, hence nothing secure at all.
A good solution to this issue would be to always carry some source of water around; the simplest being a water bottle.

The range of this power is roughly 20 yards.
Lessen that please. To me an appropriate number would be something along 9-10 metres, if not less.

but becomes useless at temperatures above 23-25 degrees Celsius.
If this means that he would be unable to use his ability at these temperatures, then I will ask you to raise that a little bit, otherwise he’d have heavy issues during summer time. On the other hand though, high temperatures would make the act of freezing difficult.

Looking at what I have in mind for his Esper Level, I’d also like you to reduce the maximum count of targets to 3. 1-2 if he were to attempt freezing moisture from the air. Keep in mind that the usage of Esper powers requires one to focus strongly, making it much more difficult to affect a larger count of targets at the same time.  

You shouldn’t overestimate his temperature resistance. While his AIM Diffusion Field would allow for him to handle cold temperatures a little better, it’s still not immunity, meaning he would not fully cope with it. Something you should keep in mind when looking at concepts like ice weaponry or ice armours. I don’t say that he wouldn’t be capable of holding them, though. It’d still be easier than for normals.

I don’t really need to say much about his ice wall, do I? It’s pretty much too strong when looking at what I wrote above. So please tone it down by saying that if he were to create it from the air, it’d only be comparable to thin glass, nothing more.
Besides that, it’d be nice if you toned it down either way; the overall output is way too high. My suggestion would be to let it depend on the amount of water he’s using.

Last but not least the armour and weaponry: Both would be extremely simple and rather inefficient, due to the fact that he wouldn’t be able to forge complicated forms in his current state. Imagine his best weapon to be something similar to a 1m icicle.
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Back to top Go down

Post  Tachibana Toshiro Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:41 pm

Well third times the charm, I think I got it this time.
Tachibana Toshiro
Tachibana Toshiro
Level 3 Cryokinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:46 pm

Alright. I’m more or less fine with what you’ve wrote here.

This leaves me only two things that I will ask you to fill in.

First of all I think you should raise the temperature that is making his ability useless from 32° up to 50°.

Second: Please add the fact that he can only affect one target area if he were to draw out the moisture from the air.
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Back to top Go down

Post  Tachibana Toshiro Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:34 am

Took awhile, but edited.
Tachibana Toshiro
Tachibana Toshiro
Level 3 Cryokinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:54 pm

I see you did all I told you to. Well done!

Approved.

[Level 3 Cryokinesis]

Now go ahead and enjoy the beginning of your journey~
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down