Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Saito Hirashi Mon May 06, 2024 12:11 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

The Absence Thread

+53
Kirishima Haruna
Amano Imoko
Aoki Aiko
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Saito Hirashi
Sir Alexander Beathen
Kira Kohaku
Oda Taichi
Saravati Nair
Kita Tsukiko
Kaneko Mirai
Fudou Natsuki
Albrekka Starbright
Hakusho Tsuru
Fuuka Eto
Erin Lightheart
Tougane Masaru
[Old] Misaka Imouto
Himegami Aisa
Vita Vesta Caesar
Murakami Takashi
Mugino Shizuri
Iwasaki Kazuko
Yamaguchi Hiromi
Mitsui Kohane
Damion Koyoko
Oshiro Masaru
New Old Kuroko
Ishida Gina
Akarui Kuro
Kihara Kisue
Sogiita Gunha
Mitayama Mirai
Zuisho Ryuketsu
Kobayashi Iori
Hujisaka Natsumi
Furuhashi Gou
Tanaka Kazuki
Kerri McKinley
Fuyuki Chisa
Hiroshi Saito
Aleister Crowley
Kyou Rindou
Yamato Trystan
Haragi Faye
Vanni
Fujiwara Sayuri
Mori Kita
[Old] Index
Mari Illustrious Makinami
Guy Li
Misaka Mikoto
Kamijou Touko
57 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Absence Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Absence Thread

Post  Albrekka Starbright Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:58 pm

A new semester is starting and it is already very demanding. Expect some delays.
Albrekka Starbright
Albrekka Starbright
Caelestis088

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:39 pm

February 10th-18th I'll be going on holiday to the Canary Islands. So I will not be posting in that time. This is just an advance warning.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Atsa Tsinaajinii Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:41 am

Just giving a bit of the heads up that I'll be up in the mountains again from February 10th to 18th. Once again, I'm not sure whether or not I'll have internet connection.
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Legatum373

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:57 pm

I will be absent for a while. There are some other reasons besides exams, but I'd rather not talk about them.

I will keep everything stalled, except Arc 3 I guess. Sorry.
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t333-esper-mugino-shizuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Alexander Beathen Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:45 pm

From the 11th until 18th I will not be available to post, not at least until the evening of the 19th due to going on holiday. If I do manage somehow than it's only through my mobile.
Sir Alexander Beathen
Sir Alexander Beathen
Elisium928

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:49 am

Count sheepy out for the next few days. Getting a pretty bad fever and can barely concentrate on anything.
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Mon May 08, 2017 2:42 pm

Aloha from Absenceville! We have a special absence balooza in store for you today that will knock your thread planning socks right off! (Buy now, get a Kohaku absence free.) From May 30 to June 1, I may or not be absent depending on how my exam exemptions work out. From June 5-7, I will be absent for college orientation, a multi-day overnight affair (is this normal?). And finally, the coup de grâce to all your carefully laid plans in the one thread I'm in! From June 16* to July 2, I'll be on vacation in Europe entering critical proximity with the cat and especially the robot! Give the world your well wishes, because it may not last much longer after that. And as an added bonus, that will overlap almost perfectly with our good friend Kohaku's tragic banishment to Spider Hell! Just to make sure Iva's HS plans are really ruined (along with my sleep for the next month (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`))

I'll also be absent June 4, because graduation ceremonies and post-graduation ceremony parties are things that exist and do cool stuff like take up time that could be spent posting.

Last edited by Vita Vesta Caesar on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:32 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I forget nothing. Nothing, I say!)
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t486-magician-vita-vesta-ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira Kohaku Mon May 08, 2017 2:45 pm

So, I guess it's time for me to announce my absence. I will be heading back to Spider Hell on the 14th of June and will be returning home on the 2nd. It's time for my little brother's coming of age ceremony and certain Kerala Hindus like my family tend to have this weird superstition about odd numbered years being auspicious. I will be in London from the 28th to the 1st so there is a chance that I may be able to post during that time but don't rely on it.

Also, do not expect any posts on the 10th and 24th (as these are Hell Wednesdays) and the 22nd and 23rd (as these are the days before and of my GRE) of May.

The Absence Thread - Page 6 MstCveu
Kira Kohaku
Kira Kohaku
Level 4 Diagnosis Touch

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Mon May 22, 2017 5:55 pm

Well, well, well. Time to worsen matters!!

I figured that I might not be on track for a lot of things and therefore have to announce an absence. Starting from this Wednesday the 24th I shall be visiting home till Monday the 29th. Usually that means I won't be checking in much, let alone post. I'll try to, but no promises.

Moreover I shall be absent the entirety of the weekend of July 2nd to July 4th with an additional day for recovery planned in.

Afterwards I hope there will be more proper activity from me...
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Lightheart Tue May 30, 2017 10:24 pm

I will be out of town starting from around July 1st or 2nd, travelling approximately 1,300 km by car to visit some family on the other side of the country, with the promise that it will only be for a day or two. Considering the travel time, that will add another 1~2 days for each way. Considering i'll be on the road for long periods of time, I won't be able to check in or anything until maybe I've arrived at my destination. But even then, I'll be on a phone and reliant on the destination having wifi, which I don't know if it will.

My apologies. This just came up suddenly today with no prior warning.
Erin Lightheart
Erin Lightheart
Primiceriatus999

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:02 pm

Well, I just realised I have a project to prepare this weekend and a presentation to do from scratch and two super annoying sheets of homework, for which I might need 2 hours minimum each.

SOOO

Absence till Tuesday.
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Back to top Go down

Post  Atsa Tsinaajinii Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:27 pm

Just giving a bit of a heads up that I'll be attending a Pre-Med Biology program for a week starting on the July 23. I have no idea how much free time I will have during this week so I might not be able to post but I will try.
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Legatum373

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Alexander Beathen Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:24 am

Something has come up which may cause me to go inactive suddenly at any time, but I will still try and post in the deadlines as normal. Just can't make that certain at this moment.

So apologise for any inconvenience.
Sir Alexander Beathen
Sir Alexander Beathen
Elisium928

Back to top Go down

Post  Fudou Natsuki Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:16 am

Hi, I'm taking a month (4 weeks exact) away from work starting August 6th-ish to enter a cram school. Studying a thing, etc.

It's expected my availability to post will decrease during this period, though to what degree is yet unknown. I imagine I'll show up online and can explain availability better once I actually start.
Fudou Natsuki
Fudou Natsuki
A Certain Level 0 Agitator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:55 pm

Yo,

since I've been slacking off for the past few days, I felt the urge to drop an explanation here: Summer vacation is beginning, stuff has been rather stressful in terms of heading home, as well as my personal emotional state taking more from me than I found myself able to handle.

Therefore sorry if my posts or evaluations might be delayed a bit. I hope to catch up soon.
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Back to top Go down

Post  Atsa Tsinaajinii Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:59 pm

I really didn't want to do this but I've begun to reach my limit after all the events of yesterday. A large number of funerals for family members, family friends, and my own personal friends have been beating up my emotions for a while but after my house flooded yesterday, and my grandfather's decling health and sudden visit to the hospital the other day I think I just need a few days to get my mental state in order. As such I am going to be going on an absence for a couple of days, sorry
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Legatum373

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:37 pm

So, the weekend of the 18th is Move-in Weekend for my college dorm, and the school term starts on the 22nd. Since I'll be moving out for the first time and experiencing campus life, I'll give myself an absence period of until the next weekend. I may or may not actually need or use the whole of that time, though.
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t486-magician-vita-vesta-ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakusho Tsuru Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:26 pm

Visiting grandparents for the next three days, will be back the 19th. Odds are this won't matter in the slightest for posting, but thought I'd let you guys know.
Hakusho Tsuru
Hakusho Tsuru
Level 1 Kami Kami

Back to top Go down

Post  Oda Taichi Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:57 pm

I should've done this a few days now, but I will do it now. For the last few days haven't been feeling well and been feeling worse today. So went to the doctors and decided I better take it a bit easy until my next appointment. So until the 4th September, I'll be on a sort of break from forum duties, but I may still post when needed just I can't promise for now. Things are just piling up and my current illness isn't helping.

EDIT: I'm extending my take it easier approach to the forum and other things a bit longer... give me a few weeks to recover as I started my treatment.
Oda Taichi
Oda Taichi
Level 0 Auto-Rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:20 pm

Apparently writing a simple term paper is hell for Ivas. Therefore, unless there is any further notice of anything, I will announce a full absence until September 30th. As a result of this, all of my threads might be queued on the hiatus list.

If you see me posting, it's likely mostly going to be MM, since I'm just a cast idiot there. Anything else...is doubtful.
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaneko Mirai Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:35 am

Between headaches, tiredness, and other stresses, I'll be taking this Weekend off, give or take another day. I'll still be sort-of around for chatting or for Mediation if needed, but otherwise I won't be doing much.
Kaneko Mirai
Kaneko Mirai
Level 3 Viscoelastic Impulse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira Kohaku Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:06 pm

So, err. I guess since I actually have my exam schedule till the end of the first year of med school, I should probably announce this well in advance.

From Wednesday, November 29th to Wednesday, December 13th, I will be fading into the great infernal darkness that is the final exam rush. Since this is Med School, I will basically be huddled in my room studying for all my exams during that period while my life drains and my SAN score drops to the limit of 1/x as x tends to 0 from the left. As such, I will be absolutely unable to post at that time. Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.
Kira Kohaku
Kira Kohaku
Level 4 Diagnosis Touch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:52 pm

This may be an inherently inappropriate thread to post it, but it's not worth its own topic either, especially as I don't intend to make a discussion around this matter.

Following recent forum events that scarcely any of you will be unaware of, I've been brought to think about my position on this forum as well as the amount of effort I put into keeping it and its community together since I've been assigned to my role.

And my consensus of how this year has gone has not been any positive despite the staff and some good-willing members' best efforts to change the tide: between people whose attitudes were selfish and inconsiderate towards others (a certain someone who's reading this, this isn't necessarily targeting you, so don't take it as such or your points will dwindle) and some whose willingness to cooperate with one another was absolutely and simply dreadful, making the entire experience I, and many others including other staff members, have of this forum more of a chore than a hobby (this month specifically proved that since its very beginning).

I therefore announce that, after a fair while of thinking about it and consulting some on the idea, I am resigning from my position as the forum's community manager and will simply stick to being a normal staff member aiming to keep things in line. I will no longer be managing this community until it proves to me that it's worth all the stress and lack of sleep I keep accumulating over it thinking staff is an endless source of helpful and cooperative resources capable of compensating for even theirs (lack thereof).

I'm really too disappointed in it right now to keep things going while continually sacrificing my own well-being on it.

Recent events have made my own interest in the forum wane, however I've invested too much in this place to let it happen without doing something about it, so I will therefore be focusing on actually rediscovering why I invested so much time in this forum in the first place rather than have to spend every waking hour having to prove to others why it's worth theirs, as clearly people are assuming that staff just grins and bears at everything as long as everyone gets to be "happy" and isn't worth the step forward to make it worth it for them as well.

Some of you reading this may think that this is just fanning the flames of “drama” (as much as I disagree with it being that) but at this point I'm led to think that people who think that way are, once again, bearing unrealistic expectations towards others and how much they're willing to go through and I, having especially nothing to prove to people, am no exception to having limits at how much I can stand. A limit I've very obviously reached.

And with that, I can only say one thing: Former community manager, out.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaneko Mirai Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:43 pm

Still dealing with headaches, lack of good sleep, and other stuff, so I'll be around to post, but not much else until such a time that I have the mental energy to actually do much more. It could be a few days, or a week or two, not really sure yet until I start feeling significantly better.
Kaneko Mirai
Kaneko Mirai
Level 3 Viscoelastic Impulse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Tsukiko Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:39 pm

A few days ago, my dog, Brian, passed away when a malignant tumor burst in blood vessels near her heart/lungs. She was a loved part of our family, so we're all torn by her loss. This weekend I will be going to Stowe, where my family took her on a vacation and where she spent her last week before passing away, in order to spread her ashes. I will be doing absolutely no posting this weekend, so sorry for any holdups this may cause.
Kita Tsukiko
Kita Tsukiko
Level 2 Jamais Vu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next