Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Aoki Aiko Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:54 pm

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

A Certain Scientific Experiment (Arc 3 Main Story)

+8
[Old] Misaka Imouto
New Old Kuroko
Hiroshi Saito
Mari Illustrious Makinami
Haragi Faye
Guy Li
Misaka Mikoto
Aleister Crowley
12 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

A Certain Scientific Experiment (Arc 3 Main Story) - Page 7 Empty Re: A Certain Scientific Experiment (Arc 3 Main Story)

Post  [Old] Misaka Imouto Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:09 pm

“Do you really not want to surpass the circumstances of your births in a cage within this cage and see the world outside of your confinement? Mankind is natively wingless, yet still aimed for the sky and managed to reach it even without growing proper wings."

The sister looked back at the girl with again no emotion, there was no regret or any hope from the look in her eyes or her body language. She had indeed screamed someone who has given up and this conversation had no hope of changing that for good reason.

"Misaka wonders do tools have the right to aim for something higher? Since the Misakas are just products created for a purpose of an experiment. Misaka's bodies are artificial with artificial minds, built for the singular purpose at the cost of 180,000 yen. And all at the touch of the button explains Misaka who bows her head in courtesy. If there isn't anything else, Misaka needs to leave or she would be late explains Misaka who bids her farewell." But despite saying that the sister didn't move she looked at Natsumi before speaking for the final time. "This Misaka's serial number is 10,031 and this Misaka is grateful for this chance to understand you. Misaka had enjoyed it says Misaka who also enjoyed the scenery on this warm day."

And with that she had left without looking back with the guitar case in hand.
[Old] Misaka Imouto
[Old] Misaka Imouto
Level 2 Radio Noise

Back to top Go down

A Certain Scientific Experiment (Arc 3 Main Story) - Page 7 Empty Re: A Certain Scientific Experiment (Arc 3 Main Story)

Post  New Old Kuroko Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:49 pm

The twin-tailed teleporter frowned. Uiharu, of course, couldn't see that. Under any other circumstances Kuroko would probably have been able to accept that answer, but not this time. Thus, she continued to pressure the other girl.

"U-i-ha-ru~... This is not the time to listen to common sense. Onee-sama has been missing without contacting us or us being able to contact her. I have furthermore learned some of some things that could imply her being involved in something rather... large. And most probably dangerous. So, could please overlook it this once and help me? Because, to say the truth, I am at a loss here.."

Having to admit that last part was the hardest for her. It made clear that she was not able to do this alone and thus meant she had to get someone else involved in this possibly dangerous situation. The whole think was just ridiculous, not matter how hard she thought about it, she couldn't bring herself to believe the hints she had uncovered just yet. She was probably just over-stressed, tired and constructing weird schemes out of random comments. No, that girl I met today was real. And she did lok like Onee-sama... .... and what was up her not answering me when I asked when she was born? ... No, she did answer.. that code... maybe I am losing my mind but could it have more meaning than just an Onee-sama lokk-alike with chuunibyou?

In the end, she added to her previous statement, this time in a much calmer voice.
"Say, while we think of where Onee-sama would hide her important things... Would you mind looking something up for me? I heard this certain code recently and I'm not even sure if it has any meaning... but if it does, could you investigate it? It goes: ZXC-741-ASD-852-QWE-963"

New Old Kuroko
Level 4 Teleporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:27 am

Natsumi could only stare at the clone's retreating back. She seemed to have convictions of her own, so she would certainly not bother to stop the clone, but perhaps she could actually understand how Mikoto felt about the thought that those girls were all eventually fated to die.

“Gaah...” Natsumi scratched her head in annoyance as she decided to return to Mikoto's dorm in hopes of finding something that would lead her to Mikoto once more. “I can't help but want to see this to the end.”

“Dangerous?” Uiharu questioned. She wanted to argue that Mikoto was old enough to avoid getting into trouble... but that wasn't likely, it was like the girl attracted problems using her magnetism. “But still, breaking Misaka-san's trust by looking through her stuff is kind of...” As Uiharu was pondering whether to help Kuroko in her theft or not, Kuroko followed up with an odd request.

“ZXC741ASD852QWE963...? I think this type of sequence was a clearance code for information ranked at security A or higher. I've tried cracking it before, but...” Uiharu took a sip of her tea before readjusting her grip on her phone. “...Do you think Misaka-san got involved with something of that scale?”
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:57 pm

“Are you sure you can't do anything with the code?” Kuroko asked her own question as she ignored Uiharu's. This was her only current lead; nothing said she'd find something helpful in the room. Mikoto could have taken it along with her when leaving. But with how she suddenly disappeared, would she have had the time?

“I could try looking into it, but it's going to take some time...” Uiharu muttered, she too was curious about what the code was hiding, but cracking through such security was tough, even for her. “About a day or so at least.” She explained as she silently sipped her tea again, emptying the cup.

“I see... well, forget about it.” Kuroko asked and confirmed when Uiharu questioned whether she was sure she wanted to drop it. “Yeah, I'll look on my own; a day is too long when looking for Onee-sama!” To that, Uiharu only laughed nervously as she remembered just how obsessed Kuroko was with Mikoto.

Same place, 3:30 P.M.

The room was a complete mess; clothes were on the ground, the bed sheets were messier than that of a college student's, the drawers and closets were completely wiped out of any objects within them... And all she had found were Gekota goodies Mikoto had been hiding.

Kuroko panted as beads of sweat dropped down her chin and collided with the wooden floor, tainted by many other drops that formed a sort of puddle. Nothing particularly charming coming from the young lady. “Where... Could it be she really made sure nothing was left behind?! Was there anything here in the first place...?!” The sun shone bright through the windows; bearing the capacity of driving anyone standing on its rays into overheat mode. “Not only that, but it's gotten so hot all of a sudden!” She openly complained as she wiped her forehead with her arm.

“That's because the sun moved towards a position where you don't get shade compared to the morning.” A new voice appeared, its owner leaning lazily against the frame of the door. Kuroko turned around in surprise only to find Natsumi, whom she vaguely knew from her interactions with Mikoto.
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t333-esper-mugino-shizuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:52 pm

“Hujisaka-san?” Kuroko asked surprised at the sudden appearance of the girl who would rarely ever bother to leave her dormitory to visit this one. Though that was only vague knowledge Kuroko noted the rare times she'd interacted with Natsumi when they were with Mikoto; she wasn't familiar with the older girl at all. “...Uwah...” Natsumi gulped as she looked at the insane mess in the room. “I've never seen someone try to preserve a person's privacy while breaking it...”

“T-That is not what I was..!” However, Kuroko couldn't continue the sentence; that was exactly what she was doing. Instead she just oddly coughed and shifted the topic. “Ahem... Do you need something?”

Natsumi only shook her head as she stepped in the room while avoiding the obstacles in her way. “Not really, though I've been standing in the hallway for five minutes. I've no idea what you're looking for, but something tells me you're not searching well enough.” She wore an expression of utter boredom mixed with surprise that a Judgement member would be this half-assed about looking for hints.

“You're from Judgement, aren't you?” Natsumi tapped her own arm as she said this. “Then surely you know that, even if you're reluctant to completely meddle in her privacy, you're not going to find anything if you don't look beyond how things appear at first.” Drawers, beds, even the ground... With enough creativity, anything could be used as hiding spot if someone was trying to hide something really important.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:26 pm

Kuroko, still driven in the corner like a criminal caught right in the action, was rather surprised at the other girl’s words of advice. Well, ignoring that surprise Kuroko actually took in the advice carefully. That girl, Hujisaka, really had given her mind a push. Of course! If Onee-sama would really settle on keeping something a secret she would hide it considering my ability of seeing through her! It would be hidden somewhere, I wouldn’t even consider taking a peek at to begin with! As expected of Onee-sama!

Eyeing the room’s scenery the Judgement girl didn’t find the time to direct her attention towards the visitor. Maybe if she weren’t this pressured by her drive for finding a solution she would have felt suspicion welling up, but right now…no time to bother.

Thoroughly analysing all of the contents of her room mates private belongings Kuroko went down to her knees, crawling on the floor, sinking so deep she already seemed like she’d forgotten of the presence of the other girl.

After a long pause however she stopped. «…you-you won’t tell Onee-sama anything about this…right…?!» As if struck by a lighting Shirai Kuroko had ceased functioning all of a sudden. Thoughts of an extremely scary kind seemed to have crept up her backbone right there. She could feel it burning on her skin, the lightning, the wrath!

«I-I mean…I’m doing this for her!!» Staring at Hujisaka like a fleeing convict caught by the spotlights, she was left at the other girl's mercy.
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:58 pm

Natsumi only raised her hands slightly. “Well, don't give me a reason to call out on you and I won't.” What Natsumi wasn't saying though was that, most likely, Mikoto could figure it out on her own so she'd only be there to spectate yet another of Kuroko's numerous deaths by electrical shocks.

In her boredom, Natsumi just decided to pick off clothes, while folding them again, and belongings off the floor and setting them elsewhere. “Are you just gonna look around in this unholy mess?” She muttered, clearly noting that the younger girl seemed to have issues focusing on anything other than her target when it came to Mikoto.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:39 pm

…this outcome wasn’t reassuring at all.

However in the end Shirai Kuroko was allowed to continue her search, with something that could most likely be considered a helping hand. Well she wouldn’t rejoice over it, but stick with it as it came in rather handy. Usually she would have at least complained about someone meddling with her beloved Onee-sama’s belongings, yet she didn't.

Digging deeper into her room-mates belongings, she fought her barbaric natural urges, to remain focused instead of swaying off, scanning only for anything that could hold some sort information like papers, micro SD cards or USB Flash drives. She wouldn’t search the obvious places anymore but stick to all sorts of secret concealments you’d usually expect criminal individuals to make use of, searching drawers for false bottoms orthe furniture for secret compartments. Even with a room as simple as theirs the number of possible hiding places couldn’t be counted with both hands any longer.  

Seconds, minutes and hours went by with her not even bringing forth a single word. Just like in any crime investigation Judgement Officer Shirai Kuroko was dead serious.

Even if the night would break down, she would not stop until a decisive lead would finally be grasped.

And dusk came…
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:53 pm

4:30 P.M, 23rd District: Tree Diagram Information Centre.

Misaka Mikoto was currently sneaking in the sole centre that received transmissions from Tree Diagram, Academy City's super calculator. After finishing her last tour of the city, she decided to make a detour here to ensure her plan to stop Level 6 Shift would not fail.

It was a somewhat long trip; the district was so huge that you couldn't go anywhere without a bus. After finally nearing the centre, she had also been interpeled by an elder person who kindly warned her to stay away from the fences surrounding the centre. Thankfully, after he left she also kindly ignored that warning and found her way inside thanks to hacking the security robots and her magnetism allowing her to cling to walls, with no more issues threatening the failure of her infiltration.

However, there was something really wrong in this centre... Why was it so empty? Mikoto had hidden on the ceiling of the elevator using electricity thinking someone might see her if she wasn't careful, but when the doors opened they only revealed an empty corridor, slowly gathering dust.

(What's going on?) She questioned as she walked slowly and carefully until she arrived in front of a large metal door, tightly shut by an electrical number lock, though it was no problem for Mikoto who could hack through mostly anything. (There's no reason for them to let me arrive this far, and no matter how you look at it, the atmosphere tells me the dust's not some kind of addition for a trap...)

It wasn't any better at the terminal itself; it was covered in a thin layer of dust and nearly all screens were turned off despite the fact that Tree Diagram should have been sending near constant transmissions. Mikoto frowned as she grabbed her PDA and started hacking anyway, without yet realising the implications behind the facility's current abandonment...

(I guess I'll just do what I came here to do...)

Spoiler:

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t81-esper-misaka-mikoto

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:55 pm

4:30 P.M, Tokiwadai's dormitory.

Right now, it could be said that Natsumi looked like a housemaid, picking up whatever Kuroko had discarded in her search when it proved to be useless. So, in frustration, she groaned, not enjoying the role of cleaning Kuroko and Mikoto's room to make sure it was still in good enough shape to search in it.

“Oi...” She complained, finally sitting down on Mikoto's bed. “Only this plush remains unless you want to start removing the floor. I hope there was something in there.” She said as she threw the bear plush at Kuroko's face with a stern expression. Though she found it fascinating how Kuroko would risk getting involved in something as grave as Mikoto's situation just because she was worried.

Would she back down once she learnt of what was truly going on in this city? Or would she pursue the path of trying to save Mikoto?

(This is going to be interesting.) Natsumi thought, smirking on the inside.
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:46 am

Even after hours of search, success was not achieved. Exhausted from the strain scanning every inch of her room mates belongings had put on her, Shirai Kuroko fell onto her knees, breathing out disappointedly. Not even after such strong effort, she had found a single clue.
That didn’t mean she would give up though! There were still more places! More possibilities! She would tear the ground apart if needed!

“Only this plush remains unless you want to start removing the floor. I hope there was something in there.”

«Ehehe…of course not…» Hiding the embarrassing fact that she was about to actually tear apart the room’s whole architecture, Kuroko gave a fake laughter, before eying that strange teddy bear she had caught just now.

It was large, taller than she was herself and covered in bandages, stitches and – to round it up – it was wearing an eye patch. Onee-sama’s tastes sure are unbefitting for a lady of her age… Staring at it with suspicion Kuroko slowly started frisking it. She hadn’t seen it that often. Well sometimes when she had been invading the territory under Mikoto’s bed to achieve a state of nearly sleeping right next to her, but she had never really bothered with it. It was creepy at times, so she cherished distance.
Surely, though, there was something odd about it…something else than its looks.

She found what she had been searching for. There was something else than just stitches; something that had been mixed in with those. Zippers, some of the stitches had been remade into those.

Her hands were sweaty, her fingers trembling.

Overcoming her own hesitation, Kuroko pulled the zipper down, digging her hand into the teddy bear’s interiors. First she pulled out a bottle of perfume, then a few other things banned by Tokiwadai dorm rules, like a handheld gaming device or unhealthy sweets.

Nothing else…

«That’s it…in the end Onee-sama didn’t hide anything…did she…?»

As Kuroko fell onto her butt all her spirits seemed to be crushed. She had spent the last few hours turning over every and any corner of the room and its contents only to find nothing that’d give her a direction.
She had dropped the bear in front of her, giving it one final glance, desperately hoping it’d give her some kind of magical hint. Yet all she saw was that strange bandaged, eye-patch wearing bear with a belt like collar wound around its neck revealing its name: “Killbear”. That was all…

No it wasn’t.

The collar. There was something hidden underneath, something like a…another zipper? Immediately Kuroko threw her body forward, over the bear. Looking down from above she saw it. Another zipper.

Something was sticking out. «Paper…? Don’t tell me…!»

The trembling returned. Her heart rate was about to explode. Her breath caught in her lungs. Fear. Worry. Happiness…?

Next she removed a stack of papers from the bear’s secret compartment.
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:59 pm

5:25 P.M, Tokiwadai's Dormitory.

“Level 6... shift? That's not possible...” Kuroko muttered as she slapped a hand on her mouth in a mix of shock and feeling like she was going to throw up from what she had been reading so far, surely unaware that she had talked out loud. “Clones created for military purposes, then used as replacement for the inconceivable number of actual Railguns at the same Level as Onee-sama for Accelerator to grow to Level 6...” This was nonsense, it couldn't be anything but, yet when remembering Mikoto's weird attitude for the past few weeks, everything made sense...

But how could something like this happen right in front of the city's eyes without the authorities, or anyone, noticing? Murders that took place in alleys that Kuroko would occasionally use a shortcut, but that did not bear a single hint that they'd actually taken place... how much more was going on in the back-scenes of the city where her Judgement armband couldn't take her?

Despite saying she'd always protect Mikoto, the girl had been trying to solve this problem on her own with Kuroko being foolishly unaware of how deep the city's darkness was. Beyond the disgust she was feeling about what she was reading, she also felt incredibly ashamed of even thinking she could help Mikoto when the only thing she had truly done was snoop around in her belongings...

She realised all this, yet her denial said that it had to be a mistake; that something like this couldn't be possibly going on and Mikoto's source of distress came from elsewhere. But looking at the papers and around her, she gradually acknowledged that things weren't as pretty as Kuroko would've liked them to be, and she rose in a sudden frenzy, grabbing her Judgement armband. “I cannot allow this to go on any further! This is a violation of international law and Accelerator must be apprehended!!”

“Pfft...”  Natsumi snorted as she picked up one of the sheets of paper containing the date and locations of the experiments, causing Kuroko to glare at her. “You can't possibly be thinking Accelerator started an entire experiment on his own despite the city's constant surveillance?”  She rose her finger and pointed outside a window, anyone who thought about it clearly would know; the city had fully approved of these horrific experiments otherwise it would've been halted way before Kuroko learnt about them.

Last edited by Hujisaka Natsumi on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugino Shizuri Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:11 am

“You can't possibly be thinking Accelerator started an entire experiment on his own despite the city's constant surveillance?”

The world trembled. Time stood still.

The thoughts that had just entered her already dizzy mind were nothing she would have ever wished to accept, yet she couldn’t get rid of them either. It didn’t hurt, it simply shattered everything she had considered reality.

«…what you’re saying…that can’t be…» All of sudden her high spirits had been smashed to pieces and as if to correspond to that change her Judgement armband loosened and fell to the ground. Facing the other girl with disbelief Shirai Kuroko’s whole body started trembling, her stomach rumoured heavily, she was about to vomit.

The law she held so dear didn’t count here. If what Hujisaka’s words were implying was true, there was no way the law would ever count, because it was the very source of this law that had been backing all of this. As unbelievable as it sounded, this was the harsh reality she had so often wished to avoid.
Sometimes people would hold this idea, sometimes they would be suspicious of this city and what it truly harboured, but nobody would ever admit it or let it into their minds. Nobody wished for their happy everyday lives to be disturbed by such things. Those deep shadows luring everywhere, nobody wished to become conscious of them…for a very good reason.

And Mikoto had been drawn into this violently…

«…I…I don’t know why this doesn’t affect you at all, but I – Shirai Kuroko – will not back off. Onee-sama has been going through all this for way too long. Carrying this burden all alone, crying tears nobody would wipe off for her, fighting desperately without anyone giving her even a hand, struggling, suffering…breaking…» The tears couldn’t be held back anymore. Those thoughts…their impact…
«Do you think I can simply turn my back to this? Do you think I can simply leave Onee-sama to face all this alone? I might not have any means to accomplish anything, but that doesn’t change what I have to do.»

Those words she was about to speak put a heavy weight onto her tongue. Those weren’t words anywhere near reasonable, she was fully aware of that fact. Nonetheless this was Shirai Kuroko’s decision.

«I will stop this madness and save Onee-sama!!!»
Mugino Shizuri
Mugino Shizuri
Level 5 Meltdowner

Back to top Go down

Post  Hujisaka Natsumi Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:59 pm

“I'm only aware because I've stumbled upon this a while ago. I don't have much to do with it.”

Though Natsumi smirked at Kuroko's words solely because the situation grew fascinating: Even in the face of danger she still decided to be loyal to Mikoto, and Natsumi wondered where would it take her.

“Attagirl.” Natsumi said, suddenly twisting her wrist revealing the sheet of paper containing informations on the experiments and their next date and locations. “I've got no concrete evidence, but I'm going to bet she's attempting a suicide plan.” The finger from her opposite hand tapped on the upcoming experiment.

The 10031st Experiment, taking place in an alley at 5:30 P.M. It meant that if Kuroko wanted to act, she only had 15 minutes to locate the alley and get there with her teleporting abilities. “If you want to do something then I suggest to hurry up. Take me along, I figure she won't be easily saved with only the person she's trying to keep out of the mess if she's there.”

There was that, but there was also the fact that Natsumi wanted to see who would take the crown and stand high in this situation. Would it be the boy who was the centre of the experiments, or the small group that wanted to stop it?

Would the group's naïve justice stop the atrocity or would the city's darkness swallow them whole?

At the same time, elsewhere...

It was nearly time for the experiments to start as Mikoto had finally left the centre and arrived in the 7th District, with shock written on her face.

Tree Diagram had been destroyed by an attack emanating from Earth, and only broken pieces of it now remained. No one knew the specifics of what had happened, nor did they know who had done it. But fact was fact: Tree Diagram was no longer operational and would never be again

(I think I'm used to things not going my way by now... Then again..) Mikoto thought downheartedly; but no matter. She had planned on using Tree Diagram to edit the details of the experiments slightly to work in her favour but when she actually thought about it, this worked in her favour even more.

This meant that if she broke even slightly one of Tree Diagram's predictions, the entire experiment could sink and fail rather than have it only temporarily fail by editing the experiment details. A smile appeared on her face as this only made her plan better.

“Let's go, Misaka Mikoto.” She muttered as she was heading towards a specific alley using magnetism to go faster. “You're gonna end this tonight."
Hujisaka Natsumi
Hujisaka Natsumi
Level 4 Ignikinesis

Back to top Go down

Post  [Old] Misaka Imouto Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:47 pm

It has been some time since she left the park. The words of that girl had lingered in her mind as she started to walk down a certain straight towards her destination. With guitar case in hand and with no change in her expression the sister known as 10031 was ready for anything. Well the best she can be ready for and nothing could deter her from what she was built for and that was this experiment.

She was a product who was built at a price to achieve an aim that will only lead to her untimely demise. The thought of it didn't deter her and why would it? She easily can be reproduced with the right collection chemicals at the push of the button. It was very hard for any to put stock in a life which can so easily be replicated.

"Serial Number 10032 confirms that 10031 is heading towards the experimental location. Will be on standby says Misaka who is being followed by a Neko..."

"Serial Number 10039 also confirms and will standby says Misaka"

"Serial number 10091 confirms but also suggests caution on establishing the plan. Says Misaka who points the results of the last few experiments."

"The plan has a 12.53% chance to succeed if done correctly, which is a much bigger margin then previously estimated 7.51% Says Misaka 10031 in response to the other Misakas."
And as if they all started talking in union inside the mind of Misaka 10031 she stopped for a moment as she looked across the road towards the book store where 10032 was currently standing and waiting. She seemed a bit distracted by the Neko at first, but her sister's gaze soon remained fixed on her as she nodded towards 10031.

"This Misaka has enjoyed her time in the outside world, she has seen many people and learned so much which she shares with the rest of the Misakas. Misaka believes that the people of this city will continue to grow even after we Misakas have left this city. When there is no more need to produce more of us with the experiment's conclusion. Says Misaka 10031 who looks down the alleyway to see she had arrived first just before the experimental time."
And the sister took a moment before she begun walking into the alleyway disappearing from 10032's sight and she continued walking until she was a good distance from the road before opening the guitar case revealing a Toy Rifle model which was a common weapon of choice for the Misaka sisters.

"There is now five minutes and counting before the beginning of the 10031th experiment says Misaka" Who had pulled down her goggles over her eyes in preparation as they glowed with a green light within the darkness of the alleyway.
[Old] Misaka Imouto
[Old] Misaka Imouto
Level 2 Radio Noise

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:32 pm

The tall young man whistled to himself out of boredom, casually flipping a coin in his hand while he gazed skyward. The stars were bright tonight, he thought. That simple fact was amazing when viewed in contrast to other advanced 'future cities' in Asia like Hong Kong or Shanghai. He could almost taste the metallic tang of pollution. The same pollution that darkened the skies and blotted out the stars.

Guy was nudged from his indulgent contemplation by the sound of chittering lightning approaching at high speed. It seemed as though his source was right on the money about the Railgun's movements. Her destination was known. Her choice of routes was limited. All in all it had been easy for someone like him to intercept her.

With a faint, fatalistic smile he flipped the coin in his hand into the path of the speeding girl and caught it, his arm outstretched in front of her to block her path.

"Where are you off to in such a hurry?" He asked with a whimsical lilt to his voice. Of course it goes without saying that had she not stopped his arm would have been torn from his body, but he appeared to pay no mind to that fact. "Not going to do anything stupid, I hope?" Was that genuine concern in his usually flippant tone?
Guy Li
Guy Li
A Certain Mysterious Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:39 pm

"Where are you off to in such a hurry?"

At the sight of the voice's owner, Mikoto's eyes widened as she came to a screeching halt with the soles of her shoes violently rubbing against the ground in order to avoid colliding with him and ripping one of his limbs off.

What was he doing here? Her eyes were clouded in surprise as she observed the meddling older man in front of her, though it was quickly discarded and replaced by a glare from disturbingly empty eyes as she remembered what she was doing.

"Not going to do anything stupid, I hope?"

And then she let out a long-winded sigh, realising that the reason why he was here was his meddling habit as usual. “Nothing you need to concern yourself with, so get out of my way.” She said, adopting a rather defensive position as she crossed her arms together and squinted her eyes.

“How did you find me?” Mikoto ultimately asked.

Spoiler:

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:07 pm

“Nothing you need to concern yourself with, so get out of my way.”

"You say that, but the look on your face says differently." He ignored her question, stepping into her path. "What kind of teacher would I be if I let one of my students run off to get herself injured, or worse?" The cocksure smirk faded from his mouth. She wasn't having any of it. This was no time for joking. And so he said his next words carefully.

"Turn back now. It doesn't have to happen like this."
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:40 pm

Even though she only had a few minutes to stop another experiment, she had to deal with that stubborn idiot while losing precious time? Her lip was currently being chewed to a point where blood was starting to seep into her mouth; the iron taste of blood made her cringe internally.

“Hm.” Mikoto said, grabbing a chunk of her fringe and playing around with it while staring straight-on at Guy. “So, if I understand correctly, you want me to abandon my one goal in order to be as optimistic as you regarding a situation you don't even know, just because you don't want to see me heading down a darker path?” Before continuing, Mikoto decided to create distance between them by stepping back as she felt things would be going south very quickly.

“In that case,” She said snidely. “Do tell, how can your optimism make me find an alternative way for things to unfold in a manner where the same results will be achieved?"

Spoiler:

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:54 pm

"Maybe it can't." He admitted. "But throwing it all away won't do you any good either. Stop trying to be a hero and think for a second!" He snapped, raising his voice for but an instant. Heroes never changed a thing. Heroes just ended up becoming martyrs. He'd seen enough dead 'heroes' for one lifetime. "You aren't the only one who wants this to end." He shook his head, approaching her openly with arms wide as tentatively as if he were approaching a cornered tiger. "Trust that we can find a way. Another way. You're not in this alone."

He smiled sadly.

"Remember what I said? Everyone want's to be saved sometime." Being alone was hard on a person. It whittled away at the soul until they faded away. Had she ever thought to turn to others? Or had this always been her burden and hers alone to shoulder? That stubborn pride and strong will was blinding her to the paths that lay around her.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:17 pm

Mikoto snarled at him as she finally snapped, electricity flying wildly as she took again a few steps back. “Why don't you stop trying to be a hero for once?!” She yelled at the top of her lungs while even more electricity appeared in front of her fringe. “I tried, damn you! I freaking tried, and no matter what I tried it failed again and again!”

He wasn't wrong and she subconsciously acknowledged it; there could be an alternative solution to stop the experiments if she stopped to think. But how many Sisters would die in the meanwhile?

“I don't want to be saved, and especially not from someone not even trying to understand my place here!”

How big would her sin grow if she decided to leisurely sacrifice more Sisters just to save herself? She put a hand to her heart that ached at the thought.

“So just stop trying to be stubborn with your retarded optimism and move the hell out of my way!!”

Spoiler:

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:38 pm

"I can't do that."

It wasn't optimism. If anything it could be called fatalism, or perhaps simply experience. But he wasn't hoping for a happy ending. He was merely acknowledging the tragic end that would inevitably follow from her decision. Anything had to be better than that.

Trying to be a hero? The idea disgusted him. But even if they had to stop each experiment, one after another for however long it took... even if they had to save each and every clone from death, one at a time... surely trying had to be worth it?

Sparks of lightning snapped at his clothing as he continued to move forwards. He could feel static on his skin, the close, uncomfortable feeling of a charge building in the air. But that didn't matter.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:12 pm

“Is... that so?” Mikoto gritted her teeth so much she felt she would break parts off. Electricity started returning from its wandering, towards a single target. “I don't know if you even know the situation, but I'll force you out of my way.”

And then, in one instant the electricity gathered at one spot as it electrocuted the man who was getting dangerously close to Mikoto. It might've seemed heartless, but Mikoto knew if she just ran away then he'd find a way to follow her.

The stench of fried clothing assaulted her nostrils and she stepped back as a result, her eyes widening at her sudden outburst even if she had made sure this wouldn't do more than incapacitate him.

“...I'm sorry.” She apologised nearly inaudibly, uncertain of whether she should even say anything at all beyond that apology. The only thing she could do was what felt to her like running away from the sight

Mikoto used magnetism to pull herself towards a nearby roof, and resumed her roof-jumping towards the alley that would bear the fight to end it all.

Spoiler:

Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:28 pm

His body shook with the charge, his back arching and his growls turned into a strangled scream of pain. His bones felt white hot, as though they were melting him from the inside out. His entire body seized up in spasms, but he fixed his eyes on hers.

"Don't." He managed to growl the word out. "There's got to be another way." The words were difficult to form. "It's not right."

His body wasn't responding.

"Maybe if we could..." Guy felt himself drop to his knees he looked up at her.

"I'll find a way. Just..." He whispered weakly. Then she let him have it. Guy let out a scream that echoed through the alleyway only to be drowned out by the chirping buzz of electricity.

"Please..." He managed to gasp and he collapsed, face down in the dirt. Darkness swept over him and he fell. The last thing he saw was her walking away and he tried to reach out.

"Stop." The words wouldn't come. He fainted.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Accelerator Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:47 pm

Accelerator sat at on the edge of the alley's fire escape, peering down at the girl who approached him with a rifle and goggles. He watched, amused as she declared the experiment's commencement with a code and appropriate password. His wide, sinistral grin split his face, a gash of white amidst a shadow. He laughed.

"Jeez, why waste your time?" He asked. "You've come here to die. Why prolong it?" He stood, stretching his rail thing limbs and cranking his neck. "Lets skip the formalities." He dropped down to the ground, landing without a sound opposite her.

He stood less than ten feet from her now.

"Well?" His grin widened.

The 'fight' if it could be called that, had resembled a slasher movie. Slowly but surely Accelerator had forced the girl into a corner. After an initial skirmish in the alleyway the conflict had moved steadily towards the waterfront. Like a persistence predator, Accelerator kept hounding her, doggedly cutting off her routes of escape until she found herself at the docks.

Now the hunt was nearing an end. Pinned between the water and her enemy, she would have to make a last stand.

"Like I said, why prolong it?" He cracked his knuckles as he paced towards her
Accelerator
Accelerator
Level 5 Vector Change

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next